Type keyword(s) to search

NeNe Leakes: "Bloop!"

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

Roaches don't care who you are or where you live.

Exactly

In Georgia cockroaches abound as they do in SC and in any warm weather state.

Both of these two states also have the large flying cockroach.

Roaches are colorblind

On 3/19/2018 at 3:22 PM, FairyDusted said:

Very late to the party. Sorry about blowing up old posts. It was all new to me as I've only seen the past few episodes. I'm team Nobody on this. As much as I dislike Kim and her non parenting style I don't believe for a moment her grown child purposely brought roaches to set loose in the bathroom. And how did race get brought in any damn way. Roaches don't care who you are or where you live. Makes no sense to me at all. I'd be mortified . I'd also call my local exterminator and keep my house up.

11 hours ago, artisto said:

Exactly

In Georgia cockroaches abound as they do in SC and in any warm weather state.

Both of these two states also have the large flying cockroach.

Roaches are colorblind

A decent amount of formal discrimination against minorities used health, welfare, disease, and sanitary conditions as reasons why there should be separate water fountains, bathrooms, dining areas, hotels, hospitals, and neighborhoods for whites and minorities. In 1900, Chinese neighborhoods in San Francisco and Hawaii were razed because they were believed to be spreading plague though there was no proof. Similar things happened in Black neighborhoods. This is where this comes from.

Nene is from the south and old enough that that she probably recalls a very segregated Georgia even if it wasn't formal. MLK Jr was assassinated after Nene was born. And while roaches may be colorblind, Kim has been reckless with her fucking mouth and she says shit that has real racial connotations with no real thought about the implications--like her fried chicken comment or calling Kandi's upper class Black neighborhood the ghetto. So I don't have any doubts that Kim has internalized all manner of bigoted sentiments without any clue of the larger context. In conclusion, Nene talking about race didn't come from nowhere. There is absolutely a context for it.

• Love 16

I get it. I'm a Black woman, but younger than Nene. When Nene first started in on the racism thing I thought "What?" but then I started to recall some of the history and was like "Yeah, I forgot about that."

2 minutes ago, BBHN said:

The thing about Kim being ignorant...hasn't she been around black people enough to, you know, no longer be ignorant?

Kim has never cared about a Black person in a way that would cause her to be conscientious to their needs or concerns. She's never been close enough to a Black friend that she was concerned about alienating them or even briefly putting their needs ahead of hers. Hell, she can't even do that for her own blood relatives that she gave birth to. Do we honestly expect her to do that with her "coworkers"? This is a woman who just acted like she was the magnanimous one for choosing to forget about the beef between herself and Kandi after she cheated Kandi out of thousands of dollars. Kim is only nice to Sheree because they need each other now.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

while roaches may be colorblind

I was in the Army in Ft Gordon GA

We had roaches (walkers & flyers) in the barracks in the Battalion headquarters in the mess hall ...everywhere.

Black soldiers, white soldiers, NCOs and commissioned officers had to put up with them

No complaining...no analyzing social mores

[mo·res..ˈmôrāz/ ]

My statement is not about social justice or injustice.

I leave that to the intellectuals.

roaches are colorblind

People are not

6 hours ago, artisto said:

I was in the Army in Ft Gordon GA

We had roaches (walkers & flyers) in the barracks in the Battalion headquarters in the mess hall ...everywhere.

Black soldiers, white soldiers, NCOs and commissioned officers had to put up with them

No complaining...no analyzing social mores

[mo·res..ˈmôrāz/ ]

My statement is not about social justice or injustice.

I leave that to the intellectuals.

roaches are colorblind

People are not

It was an attempt to deflect by Nene. She was pissed off and rightly embarrassed but how does claiming racism solve her critter issue?

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

Umm..... what type of cancer? That’s usually the first thing someone tells their public, fans, etc.

She isn't giving any details and I'm not sure I blame her. She/Gregg/family don't need to read "reports" about what he/they can expect, including survival rates/life expectancy in the tabloids/blogs. Keep it close to home for now to see how he responds to treatment and until they have time to absorb this sad news. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

That bathing suit looks like it was meant for a much smaller person...not flattering at all, imo.

You’re right, the proportions are all off. For some reason, the word “smedium” comes to mind but I can’t figure out the link.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Kim’s photoshopper must have been busy the day those were taken.

I am really speechless about that photo, not sure why I care that Nene has chosen to wear what looks like a child's size bathing suit on her very adult frame.  I hear Chris Farley singing "Big Man in a Little Suit" (from the movie Black Sheep) when I look at that picture.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Damn.... this woman’s cold as ice. It’s all about her. And she’s setting the stage for leaving Gregg.

https://www.ebony.com/entertainment-culture/nene-leakes-gregg-leakes-cancer-marriage

While I get how the interview could be viewed that way, it had the opposite effect on me. Sometimes people tend to forget how hard being a caretaker is. Sickness doesn't only affect the patient, it affects the family, too. She could've used more tact (but she wouldn't be NeNe if she did), but I appreciate her saying that her marriage has changed and that she took Gregg for granted. He handled her day-to-day, and she doesn't know how to function now that he's sick.  It's one thing to galavant around town and have the "I'm rich, bitch" wedding, but now that shit got real, that's when the vows are really kicking in. Now she has to step up and be a spouse. However, I won't judge her for this. I'm sure there are plenty of caretakers who had similar thoughts but felt too guilty to speak up.

• Love 10

I appreciate your viewpoint, thanks for sharing.

I will wait to see what she does before yelling at her. I’ve had several people in my family who needed to step up and be caretaker and not one of them ever even suggested that the marriage might have to end.

• Love 2

I found it strange that on last night's show she mentioned how seriously she took her vows and in the Ebony interview she says they never slept in different rooms, when these two divorced and remarried on the show and we saw episodes where Gregg had moved downstairs.

I know caretaking is hell. But almost every sentence of hers made me cringe, not empathize or even pity her. I think that speaks for her character.

• Love 7

Nene was on the Talk last week.  Someone asked her if Greg was getting chemo and she said that he hadn't decided yet. I don't know how many months ago they filmed this season, but Greg should well be into chemo treatments  by now if he needs it.  That is something they start quite quickly. Especially if it was stage 3.   The longer one waits, the greater the chance of spreading.  Of course she is so self centered, that he may be getting chemo and not know it. I know the therapy for colon cancer is quite aggressive and intensive.  I'm a chemotherapy nurse by the way.  He might also need radiation also.  

• Love 9
9 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

Nene was on the Talk last week.  Someone asked her if Greg was getting chemo and she said that he hadn't decided yet. I don't know how many months ago they filmed this season, but Greg should well be into chemo treatments  by now if he needs it.  That is something they start quite quickly. Especially if it was stage 3.   The longer one waits, the greater the chance of spreading.  Of course she is so self centered, that he may be getting chemo and not know it. I know the therapy for colon cancer is quite aggressive and intensive.  I'm a chemotherapy nurse by the way.  He might also need radiation also.  

I thought he was weak from the chemo, he looked like he had lost weight and was saying he felt like he could pass out and that seems typical of someone fresh out of a round of chemo.  

So Gregg has not eaten in three days and the first thing he goes for is a salad?  Why not something a little more like comfort food?  Mashed potatoes and meatloaf or soup, something to help you keep weight on?

When my brother was in treatment for AML it was so interesting to me that nurses gowned up big time to hang a new bag of chemo drugs while my brother and the rest of us were unarmed so to speak.  Dangerous stuff.  

2 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

What if NeNe made this up, that he doesn’t really have cancer but some other illness that’s not as life-threatening?

I could totally see that happening, sort of like Vicki/Crooks but with some sort of real not so serious illness like an ear infection.

• Love 3

I think they are both gonna use this illness for ratings. They're doing it in this season. (Just because someone becomes deathly ill doesn't magically improve their character.)

I haven't been following the story. Has either one of them stated specifically what kind of cancer Gregg has, and what stage it's at?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I think they are both gonna use this illness for ratings. They're doing it in this season. (Just because someone becomes deathly ill doesn't magically improve their character.)

I haven't been following the story. Has either one of them stated specifically what kind of cancer Gregg has, and what stage it's at?

Stage 3 colon cancer. My father died from the same exact cancer and stage. Greg should have been on chemo as soon as he recovered from the surgery. Stage 3 is no joke and it is NOT catching it at an early stage, as Nene seems to think and imply.

I do not judge her for the words in the article posted above; she was speaking out loud the things most caretakers feel but have sense enough not to voice aloud. It's exhausting and very lonely being a caretaker of a seriously ill person.

• Love 6

Re: the chemo - when they showed the doctor suggesting it, Greg was very negative towards it and IIRC said something about "alternative treatments." So that may be why he may not actually be on it. His whole demeanor said it was the last thing in the world he wanted to consider.

• Love 2
On 11/12/2018 at 9:47 PM, cooksdelight said:

I appreciate your viewpoint, thanks for sharing.

I will wait to see what she does before yelling at her. I’ve had several people in my family who needed to step up and be caretaker and not one of them ever even suggested that the marriage might have to end.

Yeah, many people stick it out, but there are some that don't. I had a friend diagnosed with MS a year before his wedding. He and his fiancee talked it over and decided to go ahead with the wedding anyway. Fast forward ten years (and one kid later) and the wife tells him one day that she wants a divorce because this "isn't what she signed up for". He's reached the point in his illness where he needs to live in a handicap accessible accommodation (because he's now using a walker full-time and has balance issues) and he's looking for an apartment in the city rather than the suburbs they were living in because he needs to be able to get grocery deliveries, have access to Uber and other transportation options now that he can't drive himself anymore, and is basically planning for a future where he can't care for himself. So it absolutely does happen.

Not everyone is cut out to be a caretaker, and with someone like Nene, that didn't seem to have a natural wellspring of compassion and generosity, I can imagine that kind of life would be extremely challenging no mater how much she claims to love Greg.  

• Love 6
On 11/18/2017 at 8:05 PM, WireWrap said:

HSN doesn't seem to keep their celebrity designers. I don't watch HSN but I know that Wendy Williams and LuAnn De Lesseps didn't last long. I think that Guliana Rancic was on too. Not sure if she is still on though.

Nene's clothes look good on her because she is curvy and tall. I don't know how many women can pull off her look. 

On another note, I know of three people who immediately asked for a divorce when they learned of their partner's cancer. One said it was strictly for financial reasons and they lived together until the end and the other two just didn't want to deal with it. It seems to be more common than we know. 

• Love 1

It is really, really hard to be a hands on caregiver.  I've been there.  And the thing is, it's really not like you have anywhere to go with the feelings you have about things, of course you're mad that your loved one is sick, and you're completely sympathetic to what they are going through and how hard it is.  But, at the same time, you have normal marriage dynamics and are trying to maintain your own life and the needs of another person who isn't always capable of dealing with their own shit.  Plus, you can't always take a break.  Sometimes they might do something that annoys the ever loving fuck out of you, which is normal, but, if it's at a time where they are having a rough spot, you can go take a walk and count to 10 and decompress.  You just have to stand there, shove aside how you feel and soldier on.  People who are fighting cancer can get mean and nasty, they don't feel well and they are resentful that they're sick.  It's normal and people often lash out at the people they feel safest with.  But, it's really tough to be that person that is being lashed out at.

I'm not even sure what I'd do if my husband wasn't even willing to entertain the treatment the drs said he needed.  That's a whole other level of drama to the situation.  

• Love 7

If I were in the situation of being a caregiver and couldn’t cope anymore, needed help .... the last thing I’d do is go to my local newspaper or radio station and tell the world how awful that person is making my life.

That’s my main beef with Nene. It’s all about her. No thought to Gregg’s feelings.

Unless this is a huge PR stunt, and I’m keeping that option open.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

If I were in the situation of being a caregiver and couldn’t cope anymore, needed help .... the last thing I’d do is go to my local newspaper or radio station and tell the world how awful that person is making my life.

That’s my main beef with Nene. It’s all about her. No thought to Gregg’s feelings.

Unless this is a huge PR stunt, and I’m keeping that option open.

You mean like their divorce?  Nene figured out how to get the spot light and her own spin off wedding show.  I don't believe anything she says.

BTW, her 19 year old Brent, what is up with him?  He looks horrible.

• Love 6

Nene posted this today on Instagram.  Since this was liked by Vicki Gunvalson, let's pray Gregg does not have some magic smoothie to cure cancer that he will be peddling. 

neneleakes

Oh Lawd! They say we separated now @greggleakes #fakenews I appreciate you tho Gregg for accepting and understanding that being a care taker is something I’ve never done and i have truly done the best i know how all while making tons of mistakes along the way. You never asked to get sick and We were both thrown into these new positions over nite but whew chile you have kicked cancers ass! I can’t wait for u to share with the world your exciting news in a couple of weeks #fam4life❤️#nomatterwhathappens#wearetheleakes

Edited by SuzWhat
  • Love 3
On 11/13/2018 at 8:26 PM, Juneau Gal said:

Stage 3 colon cancer. My father died from the same exact cancer and stage. Greg should have been on chemo as soon as he recovered from the surgery. Stage 3 is no joke and it is NOT catching it at an early stage, as Nene seems to think and imply.

I do not judge her for the words in the article posted above; she was speaking out loud the things most caretakers feel but have sense enough not to voice aloud. It's exhausting and very lonely being a caretaker of a seriously ill person.

Mine died at 52; four year battle, diagnosed at Stage IV.  Chemo most def prolonged his life.  His quality of life was fairly good until the last year of his life.  It is a horrible disease.  I feel for him.  And I do feel for NeNe as a caregiver, although I think her public comments were horrible.  Not that she felt that way, but that she expressed it to the press.

• Love 5
(edited)

NeNe has fallen off the deep end.

When you think about it, she's been on a roller coaster with huge highs and huge lows for many years.

The success of the show, a stint on a television show, a stand-up comedy gig, etc.  For a long time, she was riding a big wave with an ego to match.

Then, she lost the tv show, then the comedy gig, and was forced to return to RHATL.

She's also had to witness the success of her RH peers, e.g. Kandy, Porsha, Kim, etc.  Each has more than she does despite her tenure and attempts at a career outside the show.

And all this has been against the backdrop of a difficult upbringing and ups and downs with both her son and her husband.

IMO, I think we are seeing a meltdown.  She's likely contending with a wide range of intense emotions including anger, jealousy, bitterness, and fear.  Greg's cancer situation seems to have opened the floodgate for these various emotions to pour out.

She seems to be in hyper self-defense/survival mode.  She is lashing out to all who she thinks might be a threat to her in some way.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 11
On 4/8/2019 at 9:20 AM, Jextella said:

NeNe has fallen off the deep end.

When you think about it, she's been on a roller coaster with huge highs and huge lows for many years.

The success of the show, a stint on a television show, a stand-up comedy gig, etc.  For a long time, she was riding a big wave with an ego to match.

Then, she lost the tv show, then the comedy gig, and was forced to return to RHATL.

She's also had to witness the success of her RH peers, e.g. Kandy, Porsha, Kim, etc.  Each has more than she does despite her tenure and attempts at a career outside the show.

And all this has been against the backdrop of a difficult upbringing and ups and downs with both her son and her husband.

IMO, I think we are seeing a meltdown.  She's likely contending with a wide range of intense emotions including anger, jealousy, bitterness, and fear.  Greg's cancer situation seems to have opened the floodgate for these various emotions to pour out.

She seems to be in hyper self-defense/survival mode.  She is lashing out to all who she thinks might be a threat to her in some way.

I agree, but she is fortunate enough to be able to afford counseling. She could also afford, and likely had lots of help. Two things many caregivers don't have. Everyone comes with baggage. I have no sympathy for her. She's too hateful.

• Love 17
On 4/11/2019 at 2:35 PM, Brooklynista said:

https://mtonews.com/gregg-leakes-atlanta-housewife-nene-lied-on-me

This bitch. So while the man is in one part of the house getting ready for Eva's wedding, this cow sneaks off alone so she can do her "whoa is me" performance piece.

In general, I almost never believe anything from Media Fakeout, Radar, or the Daily Fail. However, I kind of agree that Nene is exaggerating her issues with Gregg so she can divorce him again to protect her money and future earnings from medical creditors.

• Love 5

Now she is on the talk show circuit talking about how she is the show and has no plans on leaving, and she never liked the reunion anyway, but she is part of the reason why the reunions exist. She has never had such a sour attitude at a reunion in the beginning. Me thinks she watched the whole season and how people reacted to her, and knew she had a lot of explaining to do. 

• Love 9
10 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Now she is on the talk show circuit talking about how she is the show and has no plans on leaving, and she never liked the reunion anyway, but she is part of the reason why the reunions exist. She has never had such a sour attitude at a reunion in the beginning. Me thinks she watched the whole season and how people reacted to her, and knew she had a lot of explaining to do. 

I totally agree with your assessment - she realized she needed to do a lot of explaining. Her “explaining” makes things worse for her IMHO (she’s blaming everyone but herself, lack of self awareness or taking any kind of accountability seems to be lost on her - even a modicum of either would have been nice).

So rude and so nasty

3D1E6FA9-56D9-43A1-AF70-A12007A56222.jpeg

• Love 4

If SHE is the show as she thinks, then she'll be able to replace all of the fans who have about had it with her STANK ATTITUDE and refuse to watch the freaking show next season if SHE is on it!

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Rich.bitch.

Well, I’m out. What is wrong with Bravo. I truly think they are misreading all the feedback that is all over they place that people want her gone.

She brought the whole season down

• Love 9