Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Final Countdown

scarynikki12
  • Start Topic

Some possible theories as to why E2 Laurel stays on Earth-Prime and travels to future Star City...

1.  MG tweeted that the "Earth Prime heroes don't know there's still a multiverse." So Laurel may not think she has the option of returning to Earth-2 because she thinks Earth-2 is still gone.

2.  Post-Crisis, Laurel does return to Earth-2 but finds that it's now 2046 on Earth-2, everyone she knew is dead, and that world has been completely taken over by dark forces (becoming like the new Earth-X). She learns this takeover started in 2040. Since it's to late to save Earth-2, she returns to Earth-Prime, gets Sara to send her to 2040 so that she can try to save Earth-Prime from meeting the same dark fate in the future.

3.  In the series finale, we learn that the Monitor tasked E2 Laurel with traveling to 2040 as her penance for her murderous past and tells her that she'll need the future Green Arrow (Mia) to save the future Star City.

4.  E2 Laurel is considered a murderer on Earth-Prime, so she travels to the future in order to survive.

Edited by tv echo

The IBI Times' review mentioned one person planning their trip to the future and one person definitely did not - I think Dinah is there on purpose (since she has a place to live and presumably a bar although why she's there who knows!) and Laurel is the one who didn't plan on being there/is there accidentally.

There could have been so many different answers who should guest star: 

- original Huntress 

- Sara Lance (girl has a ship, she could stop by)

- China White

- Rene

- Diggle/Lyla

- the Flash/his daughter

- kids of any major couples from the Arrowverse.

48 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

The IBI Times' review mentioned one person planning their trip to the future and one person definitely did not - I think Dinah is there on purpose (since she has a place to live and presumably a bar although why she's there who knows!) and Laurel is the one who didn't plan on being there/is there accidentally.

It seems to me that Laurel is the one that knows exactly why she’s there. They keep saying she’s the one that’s driving the ship or whatever. I think Dinah may be there accidentally & doesn’t really know why she’s there. I think that explains the randomness of her owning a bar. Maybe she’s trying to make the best of the situation she was put in. 

2 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

This is the most embarassing answer they could have given while spouting girl power, who needs men,  while at the same time diminishing the role of Kat McNamara as the Green Arrow. 

EVERY interview I read with KC and JH gives me such secondhand embarrassment that I can't even finish the article sometimes. 

9 minutes ago, imusuallysweet said:

It seems to me that Laurel is the one that knows exactly why she’s there. They keep saying she’s the one that’s driving the ship or whatever. I think Dinah may be there accidentally & doesn’t really know why she’s there. I think that explains the randomness of her owning a bar. Maybe she’s trying to make the best of the situation she was put in. 

Maybe! I figured she might be driving the ship because she's in the wrong time and wants to get back. Since Dinah had a place to live already and Laurel doesn't (a review says we get an idea of where she might live) I figured she just showed up for reasons unbeknownst to her, but I guess we'll see. I don't really care either way since I'm not going to watch this show if it gets picked up lol. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, tv echo said:

On which characters from the Arrowverse or DC Comics they would like to see appear in this 2040 series, KC: "Oh, Oliver Queen!" JH: "Oliver Queen." ET's Leanne Aguilera: "How?" KC: "Well, I can't tell you. I'm just saying, maybe there's -." JH: "There's still Green Arrow and the Canaries." KC: "Who knows? ... I mean, anything is possible in this world, in this universe."

I’m not surprised. I don’t think I want to know how they want him to appear. Let Oliver rest/live in peace, however the series ends. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Reading the interviews is hilarious. You think the random passerby the CW dragged in to do PR would make sure the 3 "leads" spoke like they were all on the same show. 

I would have thought that they would be in sync since "they love working with each other" so much

• LOL 5

Yeah at least it's proof of some sort of flashback/dream/potential reunion, which is more than I would have guessed would be shown.

Feels like a potential "love saved this city" shot however that scene actually goes down.

Yay Olicity. This is what I’m here for.  

Does that look like the old QC office? Actually Felicity is kinda dressed like S1 Felicity. I hope it’s a flashback rather than their paradise dimension reunion...in an office. 😂

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

Does that look like the old QC office? Actually Felicity is kinda dressed like S1 Felicity. I hope it’s a flashback rather than their paradise dimension reunion...in an office. 😂

With Baby Sara now back, Oliver doing scenes in the S1 suit, Moira possibly back as the E1 version, the mansion not burned down, SA talking about shooting a finale scene in which he kills a lot of people, etc, I wonder if a part of the finale is revisiting key moments from the past eight seasons and seeing how they changed due to Oliver resetting the universe? In 7x22 he said his only regrets was not telling Felicity he loved her sooner. Maybe he does in this new tl - back when they were still at QC?

• Useful 1
9 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Yay Olicity. This is what I’m here for.  

The apartment was the old QC/Palmer tech set wasn't it? So it's not certain where they are.

They're holding hands which is one reason I thought dream or even reunion rather than flashback unless Oliver made it so they got together in S2 or something. It does seem very pedestrian for a big reunion. We know there are going to be things in flashbacks and changes to seasons.

Edited by Featherhat

Oliver with memories:

Felicity Smoak?

Hi I'm Oliver Queen.

You will always be the love of my life.

We were forced apart in another time line so I'm just going to get this ball rolling because I was really hoping for a few more kids when I did this reset.

*Smiles at her eagerly with heart eyes*

Felicity: *gives him the head tilt of disbelief* 

*Mutters to herself* Well this is new..... Shouldn't have had that third coffee this morning.

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • LOL 9

GREEN ARROW AND THE CANARIES STAR KATHERINE MCNAMARA TEASES MIA SMOAK'S NEW VIGILANTE ROLE
by Aaron Pruner | January 21, 2020
https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/green-arrow-and-the-canaries-star-katherine-mcnamara-teases-new-arrowverse-role/ 

You’re basically picking up the mantle as a show, but also as a character. What are the challenges in continuing the legacy in a universe that was built on Oliver Queen’s story on Arrow?
McNamara:
Well, it’s a huge responsibility. And I’ve known that since I started playing this character. The fact that Olicity is so beloved, and the fact that Stephen [Amell] and Emily [Bett Rickards] have put so much time and energy and care into their characters, and their relationship on the show … I had my work cut out for me. But that’s also been part of the fun; because there’s such a richness to it. Mia really is the amalgamation of these two characters and getting to find those elements and pull those little mannerisms, and play with that, and grow with that, and see where it takes her has been really fun. And that only continues here. But I’m so grateful for everything that Stephen has built and for the father that he’s been to me in passing the mantle, both as an actor and as a character.
Is it safe to say that Mia’s working through these unresolved daddy issues by putting on this costume and pursuing the type of vigilante life she used to despise?
McNamara:
Absolutely, and you see that in episode 9 and you see that in the series finale of Arrow, as well. What’s great about it is you get to see this girl who has all of the capabilities and all of the opportunities at her fingertips. You know, she’s still the same smart, cunning girl that we’ve known, but because she’s never really known any loss in her life and isn’t, you know, a fighter by nature, she hasn’t really found her passion. She hasn’t really found that thing that makes her feel alive. Discovering that through taking on the mantle, and through finding herself in finding the Green Arrow is a really interesting journey.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Currently I believe that if the spin off has not yet been ordered it is in relation to a problem of salary, glad to see roy and thea next week, earth  prime has a lot of potential

-- KM: "And I would be remiss if I didn't mention that the series finale of Arrow is so beautiful, because many of you asked about it. And I cannot wait for you guys to see that as well. It's amazing to be able to take a moment to highlight what a legacy this has been, not only for The CW, but for Arrow as a show and for Stephen. And I feel as though the entire production worked really hard and accomplished something beautiful that really does it justice. So I can't for you to see tonight's episode of 'Green Arrow & the Canaries' and to see the Arrow series finale next week...."

Katherine McNamara Instagram Live on TV Guide's account - January 21
Golden Warrior   Jan. 21, 2020

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Are we sure that this Olicity screenshot (from the 810 promo trailer) isn't a flashback from a past episode?...

Neither statue is that flattering, imo, but Oliver's statue is so much better by far...

Edited by tv echo

I'm now wondering if E1 Laurel is alive and well on Earth-Prime. She never became the Black Canary and therefore was never killed. She's working as the D.A. in Star City 2020. That's why Dinah's Black Canary was erased from history - she never came to Star City and never became the Black Canary. That's also why E2 Laurel couldn't stay in Star City 2020. (Also, she doesn't know that Earth-2 was reborn.)

My guess is that, when E2 Laurel found out about E1 Laurel being alive, E2 Laurel left Star City with Sara to seek a new purpose. But then she found out about Star City 2041 (via Gideon?) and decided her new purpose was to save future Star City. I also speculate that, before the backdoor pilot was greenlit, they were considering moving KC's E2 Laurel over to LoT and, if the spinoff isn't picked up, they might still do that.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

You can now read the first 8 pages, including cover, of COIE Giant #1 for free here (still no sign of COIE Giant #2)...
https://www.dccomics.com/reader/#/comics/450290

As you know, Felicity is the narrator of the main story of COIE Giant #1 - here's her narration from these first 8 pages:

• Page 2 - Felicity (narrator): "Meet Nash Wells. But these days, he's known as 'Pariah.' Why is a longish story. Short version: He unwittingly released a guy called the 'Anti-Monitor'... and is now being punished by being forced to witness the destruction of every universe the Anti-Monitor is responsible for. Like I said, longish story. And yeah, there's more than one universe. Who knew? Turns out, I did."
  • Page 3 - Felicity (narrator): "My name is Felicity Smoak. And this isn't my first rodeo. 'Rodeo,' in this case, being the end of the world. But end of the worlds, plural? Yeah, that's new."
  • Page 8 - Felicity (narrator): "This is where I come into the story. I'm the cute blonde over there. No, the other one. The one behind the Atom."

(source)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Are we sure that this Olicity screenshot (from the 810 promo trailer) isn't a flashback from a past episode?...

I saw someone point out how the set is dressed like Robert Queen's office from the flashbacks in 314 where Oliver first saw Felicity, but I don't think they would be that close or have Felicity holding his hand with both of hers if it was a flashback too far back like s1, but idk what's going on

39 minutes ago, tv echo said:

I'm now wondering if E1 Laurel is alive and well on Earth-Prime. She never became the Black Canary and therefore was never killed. She's working as the D.A. in Star City 2020. That's why Dinah's Black Canary was erased from history - she never came to Star City and never became the Black Canary. That's also why E2 Laurel couldn't stay in Star City 2020. (Also, she doesn't know that Earth-2 was reborn.)

My guess is that, when E2 Laurel found out about E1 Laurel being alive, E2 Laurel left Star City with Sara to seek a new purpose. But then she found out about Star City 2041 (via Gideon?) and decided her new purpose was to save future Star City. I also speculate that, before the backdoor pilot was greenlit, they were considering moving KC's E2 Laurel over to LoT and, if the spinoff isn't picked up, they might still do that.

I don't think whatever's going on with Dinah has anything to do with E-1 Laurel. When the universe was remade she was still in Star City and got her memories back there - if she'd never come because E-1 Laurel never died and she never became Black Canary, then she wouldn't have been in Star City then. Plus, I got the sense that whatever happened to Dinah was supposed to be a big mystery should the spinoff happen (and I don't remember exactly how she worded it but I thought that Dinah was completely erased, not just erased only in Star City - she should've at least been able to find traces of herself in Central City). I don't think that they would set up this big disappearance issue to be solved in the spinoff only to tie it up in the very next episode of Arrow.

1 hour ago, tv echo said:

IT could well be a new flashback, it would be a bit strange if it was from wherever they have a potential reunion but it also fits with the "love saved this city" thing however that comes into play.

I was confused by the erased line. When she said the was no trace of the Black Canary, I wasn’t sure if she meant no trace of her as BC or any BC in history. I’m assuming since Mia had no clue who they were, any BC. 

Side note: Remember in the Earth X crossover, Nazi Wells told Felicity that history remembers BC (among other heroes) but there is no mention of Felicity Smoak? LOL 

KC keeps talking about E2 backstory so I’m not thinking there is a big twist with BS. 

10 hours ago, Featherhat said:

IT could well be a new flashback, it would be a bit strange if it was from wherever they have a potential reunion but it also fits with the "love saved this city" thing however that comes into play.

Since it seems like canon may have changed with Crisis, I wonder if some of these “flashbacks” could be showing us the way things happened in the new post-Crisis universe? 

• Love 1

Arrow's David Ramsey: Green Lantern Tease in Series Finale Will Please Fans
By Matt Webb Mitovich / January 24 2020
https://tvline.com/2020/01/24/arrow-series-finales-green-lantern-diggle-spoilers/ 

In an October 2019 interview, Ramsey opined, “We have to find out what’s going on with Green Lantern. We’ve been teasing that… a crazy amount of time, so we have to put a button on that.”

Well, that button is soon coming, TVLine can confirm. Because when we recently asked Ramsey if Arrow‘s final season will drop any last Green Lantern teases, he enthusiastically shot back, “Without a doubt. You are absolutely going to get your answers. And well-deserved answers. We’ve been talking about this for years, and I think everyone by series’ end will be very happy.”

The Green Lantern Corps is actually the subject of an upcoming HBO Max series from Greg Berlanti, whose many TV projects include overseeing the Arrowverse. (Previously touted as “unlike anything seen on television,” at the TCA winter press tour it was revealed that the untitled streaming series will “span several decades and focus on the origin story of two major Green Lanterns on Earth,” and also involve the character of Sinestro.)

As you can imagine, Ramsey is excited about what Berlanti has in store.

“I’ve talked to Greg about it, and they have a great plan. It sounds fantastic,” he told TVLine. “People are champing at the bit to see this universe, to see this military corp come to live-action, and I’m among the people who are so excited.

“It’s great for for television, man,” he enthused. “I mean, people are going to be really stoked about this show.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

While reviewing the 810 spoilers (in preparation for posting them in the archive thread), I noticed that there are strong indications that Colin Donnell will be in the finale.

If my hunch about E1 Laurel being alive is correct (and it probably isn't), then I wouldn't be surprised to see E1 Laurel and Tommy show up at Oliver's funeral as a married couple.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Kat McNamara Spills on The 'Arrow' Finale & Kicks Ass In Spring Fashion
Jason Pham   Jan. 24, 2020
https://stylecaster.com/arrow-finale-spoilers-kat-mcnamara-spinoff/

“I think people are going to be very surprised at the take we have on things,” McNamara says of the finale. “Expect the unexpected because you can’t really count on anything.” As for the spinoff, she confirms that it will explore Mia in the aftermath of her father’s death. “Having to pick up her father’s mantle so soon after meeting him and so soon after losing him is very difficult. It’s a huge hurdle that Mia has to jump over and really determine if she can see herself as this hero,” McNamara says. “I think she questions a little bit if she can live up to his legacy."

Edited by tv echo

Details about COIE Giant #2 (second tie-in comic) - Felicity's story continues, the cover includes the Spectre, and could this be how Diggle gets to meet the Green Lantern Corps?...

THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS Joins the Fray in CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS GIANT #2
By George Marston January 24, 2020 
https://www.newsarama.com/48759-the-green-lantern-corps-joins-the-fray-in-crisis-on-infinite-earths-giant-2.html

DC has announced the contents of February 26's Crisis On Infinite Earths Giant #2.

The 80-page giant will continue its retelling of the Crisis saga with the 24-page "Crisis on Infinite Earths Part Two" from writers Marv Wolfman and Marc Guggenheim and artists Tom Derenick, Trevor Scott, and Andy Owens. 

"The Multiverse is losing its battle against the Anti-Monitor. Felicity Smoak mounts one last effort to find a way to save Oliver Queen, and it will bring the team face to face with an entire corps of new heroes: A Green Lantern Corps!", reads the story description.

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdl

Edited by tv echo
42 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

And how funny DC has done nothing with Ted kord but keeps him off limits to people who want to use him.

I hadn’t thought about it, but yeah.  Kinda weird.

3 hours ago, tv echo said:

If my hunch about E1 Laurel being alive is correct (and it probably isn't), then I wouldn't be surprised to see E1 Laurel and Tommy show up at Oliver's funeral as a married couple.

I don’t really think this will happen, but I would kinda love it if it did. 😂

5 hours ago, tv echo said:

Arrow's David Ramsey: Green Lantern Tease in Series Finale Will Please Fans
By Matt Webb Mitovich / January 24 2020
https://tvline.com/2020/01/24/arrow-series-finales-green-lantern-diggle-spoilers/ 

if they're not planning to cast David in their green lantern project, then I feel like this is just another armless Roy scenario. It's a less barbaric comic pleaser than armless Roy but if they wait til the last minute to give him the mantle, it's because they didn't want to give him the story. I never cared for Diggle as Green Lantern anyway. Much like Felicity, the success of Diggle's character was solely dependent on the writing and David's portrayal. Time will tell. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, tv echo said:

While reviewing the 810 spoilers (in preparation for posting them in the archive thread), I noticed that there are strong indications that Colin Donnell will be in the finale.

It seems like a Tommy is probably alive if everyone else is. It's just that if it's all reality and not a fantasy then it makes the whole series kind of nonsensical. Almost everyone important to Oliver is magically alive but he still became the person he needed to be to be the one to reboot the universe at all.

I wish a lot of them hadn't died or died later but this is just the cop out to end all cop outs whether it means Oliver is the *only* one actually dead or he does get a personal happy reunion as well. I kind if hope it's E2 Tommy who we saw disintegrate in a haze of anti matter, given a second chance. Because an E1 alive Tommy just mind fucks the whole series and opps, they don't have time to explain anything. They might as well have Ollie wake up the night before the Gambit with a Sara or Laurel going "I just had the strangest dream..."

I only ever got John "Diggle" Stewart speculation via fandom and didn't see much evidence or wink nudges on the show until Flash 90/Ernie Hudson. I don't think it's going to be at all connected to the HBO Max series but I certainly wouldn't mind being pleasantly surprised. For one thing with both JJ and Connor being on the possible spin off are they going to tie up his family on a different network?

• Love 3