Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: The Old Man and the Anomaly

I'm starting to wonder if Clarke's moral dilemma this season is going to be whether she can put down both her Mother and Daughter for polar opposite reasons.

It was a total letdown when I was confronted with the reality that they invented this whole Prime plot because Henry Ian Cusick got a new TV show but they still wanted Kane around.

I'm starting to get pretty irritated with this arc.  I'm sick of the Primes.  I want Josephine out of Clark already.  But I'm not thinking this anomaly thing is going to be an improvement.

The two moments of this episode that I liked were Murphy closing his eyes when Josephine told him Clarke wasn't entirely gone and him asking if Clarke could see him.  Despite having no proof, I don't think he would have been able to permanently end Clarke when it came down to it.

• Love 3

"I've got a bad feeling about this."

Aww, Diyoza is a Star Wars fan!  

And a Star Wars fan who doesn't hesitate to step into terrible CGI when a hallucination tells her to! You go, Dizoya, you go!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

I feel like the primes are all so stupid... gee, if we kill one of the possibly quite violent will burn us all down earth people, it shouldn't be a big deal right??? And if they do find out and one of them goes on a killing spree since we killed her pseudo mom, we need to blame and plan to kill all of them in retaliation for their retaliation... 

Not that our crew is all that smart either... but geez... i was excited about a new planet and I know there has to be some drama, but I hate that every season is the same repeat of we attack you, oops misunderstanding, but you still need blood for blood so you attack us back over and over. 

I'm glad Emori is still on team earth even if their escape didn't go quite as planned. 

The Gabriel stuff was interesting, but i'm not too sure yet about the Deus ex anomaly that I'm sure will do something big to end the season....

24 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

I'm starting to wonder if Clarke's moral dilemma this season is going to be whether she can put down both her Mother and Daughter for polar opposite reasons.

It was a total letdown when I was confronted with the reality that they invented this whole Prime plot because Henry Ian Cusick got a new TV show but they still wanted Kane around.

I'm starting to get pretty irritated with this arc.  I'm sick of the Primes.  I want Josephine out of Clark already.  But I'm not thinking this anomaly thing is going to be an improvement.

The two moments of this episode that I liked were Murphy closing his eyes when Josephine told him Clarke wasn't entirely gone and him asking if Clarke could see him.  Despite having no proof, I don't think he would have been able to permanently end Clarke when it came down to it.

I don't like the whole new Kane thing... i mean, I liked Kane's original actor, but there wasn't much left for him to do. I kind of want new Kane to be suicidal and demand they remove the chip and give the body to someone else... it would amuse me greatly for Abby to have to deal with that.

Edited by roctavia
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Fireball said:

Is it me or does Raven look so different from past seasons. Every time she's on screen it takes a minute to realize who she is.

I commented on that in the thread for (I think) the season premiere: it looks like Lindsey Morgan had some plastic surgery between season; her face is completely different.

Look at Abby with her Kane upgrade!

giphy.gif

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, quarks said:

And a Star Wars fan who doesn't hesitate to step into terrible CGI when a hallucination tells her to! You go, Dizoya, you go!

While I hate the anomaly plot line with a passion, I frigging love Diyoza so much. She's just like "Yeah, I know this isn't real but I'm still going. See ya!"

As for the rest, this is just Mount Weather to the point where we even have Jasper Jordan and his love for an insider that he wants to save.

But in brighter news, Abby has scored herself a smoking toy boy. 

• Love 3

I'm curious as to whether the anomaly (since its temporal in nature) will speed up or retcon Diyoza's pregnancy thereby giving her even more of an opportunity to kick ass like she's been doing. This has been the best season since number two in my opinion.

• Love 3
(edited)

This season is just such a mess.

They introduce Jordan, only to sideline him for most of the season so far, and now have him stabbed.

The Primes are all psychopaths, Madi is going all murdery when it comes to Primes, and we've got Gabriel and the Calvin-ball rules of what the time anomaly is and what it does, or why/how it even exists.  It causes hallucinations, and fixes severely aged arms caused by time flares, that originated from the time anomaly in the first place.  It also juliennes fries, and keeps you regular.  Because why not.

With all the motorcycles Sanctum has, it's starting to look like Star City.  Josephine -- you have failed this city.

I thought it was unintentionally hilarious that with all the drama going on with the newcomers from Earth, you see Sanctumites doing Taichi like everything is just normal.

Not sure how much I would trust a 200 year old spacesuit that hadn't really been maintained for the last 100 years, but whatever Marcus is back in a jacked up body.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Diyoza is such a fantastic character, which is why I'll be pissed if she doesn't come out of that anomaly. The only thing giving me hope that she's still around is that she was pregnant before going in. I do not want my favourite new character to be dead, but this show would be consistent if she did die and wasn't coming back, since fan favourites don't typically last long on this show.

Seriously, though, Diyoza is so smart and resourceful. She knew something was off about Xavier, who is now confirmed to be Gabriel. She knew seeing her daughter as a child wasn't real but she still went anyway. I mean, kind of a dumb thing to do, but she acknowledged it.

Jordan has had basically nothing to do but whine about Delilah. Fantastic. Seriously, I get that he's known....well, people in general for all of a week, but him jumping in front of a knife for a girl he barely knows and may or may not be alive was just stupid. I think Jordan took Monty and Harper's lessons the wrong way on this end. Jordan, they said NOT to take after Jasper. And at least Jasper had a month with Maya before he made stupid decisions. You had half a day.

I don't necessarily think what Madi is doing right now is...inherently wrong, but I get the feeling that Sheidheda won't have her stop at just the Primes.

Abby is the worst kind of person. It sucks that, for now, Henry Ian Cusick is gone but I'm betting we see him again when Kane doesn't accept his new body and they use that magically healing tree sap from a couple of episodes ago. 

New Kane is attractive but it's way too weird and I don't want that to stick.

So, Bellamy kidnaps Josephine, Murphy gets injured for the fifth time in his two weeks (+125 years), and Emori accepts her boyfriend's proposal. Because, yes show, of course I believe that Emori and Murphy will get married and live happily ever after. I mean, I know it wasn't a traditional proposal but we've never seen a wedding on this show so I presume it's not our kind of traditional wedding.

Either they will actually get married and the series will legit end with them happy, or Emori's not too long for this world. I haven't decided which yet. I did love that Emori could not go through with betraying everyone, though. That was nice to see.

Can they give Raven something more to do that's not bitching at someone, even if it's for the right reasons? 

• Love 1

I didn't check the actors real ages so I might be wrong but new Kane looks a lot younger than Abby. Wouldn't you think she'd request someone her own age so she doesn't feel weird making out with him? Furthermore, do you think Abby got to choose Kane's new body? What if the Sanctumites chose someone who Abby found extremely unattractive?  (I know, I know, it's the personality that counts lol)

I wonder if Diyoza will come out of the anomaly with her daughter as a toddler. 

Who would have guessed Xavier would end up being Gabriel?! (Me) (and I'm sure a lot of you) 😄

11 hours ago, Fireball said:

Is it me or does Raven look so different from past seasons. Every time she's on screen it takes a minute to realize who she is.

Its not just you, everytime they show her I'm like who's that? Before I realize its Raven. 

Xavier being Gabriel isn't much of a shocker, like the CW would ever purposely cast an old person. Him still being love with that psycho Josphine doesn't install much confidence in him. 

Octavia is cured and Diyoza disappeared into the time mist, hopefully to come back with a toddler. I'm not the biggest Octavia fan but I was really enjoying her and Diyoza. More so then the repeated storyline going on with the rest of them. 

Russell and his wife are so dumb, they know Clarke's nickname is the commander of death and they know her people are violent. So they decide to kill her and hope no one finds out. Which would never work especially with the psycho that is their daughter. Then when Clarke's people retaliate with violence they are surprised. 

Abby continues to be the worst. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Samwise979 said:

I didn't check the actors real ages so I might be wrong but new Kane looks a lot younger than Abby. Wouldn't you think she'd request someone her own age so she doesn't feel weird making out with him? Furthermore, do you think Abby got to choose Kane's new body? What if the Sanctumites chose someone who Abby found extremely unattractive?  (I know, I know, it's the personality that counts lol)

Oh yeah, new Kane is at least ten years younger than Abby but probably a bigger gap (New Kane's actor, Greyston Holt, is 33 to Paige Turco's 54). 

I don't think Abby had the choice in who would sacrifice themselves to become a Prime. Plus, I imagine Abby would be fine with Kane being in a younger body because then she knows that he'll live longer. It could be worse; they could have put Kane in a 21 year old. I don't think this show cares about an age difference, anyway. These people have lived for hundreds of years.

1 hour ago, Samwise979 said:

I wonder if Diyoza will come out of the anomaly with her daughter as a toddler. 

I'd imagine Diyoza will come out with Hope being a bit older. I'm not sure whether she'll be a child like we saw in this episode or a teenager, maybe around Madi's age (so then Madi has a friend). As per child labour laws, the older they can get, the better. Maybe they'll outright have Hope as an adult for next season. That would probably be easier for the show to handle.

I laughed so hard when Octavia was spit out of the anomaly "healed" but also beautified, no more dreads or Blodrina make up.  I don't actually wish I had paid more attention to how Clark became a nightblood when the death wave came, but holy shit do I not remember anything about any of that. EMP? Luna became a monster? WTF?

Josephine's dad is such a dick, one minute he's all now now Josephine, second chances  you can have some other body of a person we kill by religious manipulation. The next he's all kill all those Earp MF's. Also I'm little disappointed that John wasn't playing Josephine and didn't knock her the fuck out while he had the chance. 

• Love 4

Noooooooooooo.

Between the convoluted plot lines and making up excuses for why the characters look different as the actors bail from the show, this is giving me major Sliders vibes, now. This season started so weeeeeeell. I liked it so muuuuuuch. Then there was an alien light show and people started downloading into unknown actors. Whyyyyyyyy.

Plotwise, I'm not sure why Madi thought she could boss everyone around by saying she's the commander, since 99% of the characters who came out of stasis were never in her Cru. And she sent away the one actual follower she had.

14 hours ago, quarks said:

I laughed a little when Gabriel stood there and watched as the two people he brought to the light show just ran straight into it with no hesitation after all the build-up about how dangerous and mysterious it was.

I was also confused about why he thought someone whom he remembers as being next to Hitler in a history book would care that bringing a gun means she'll kill everyone else and herself. That person would totally still bring the gun.

1 hour ago, blixie said:

I laughed so hard when Octavia was spit out of the anomaly "healed" but also beautified, no more dreads or Blodrina make up.

Also because Gabriel immediately said, "It healed you!" to explain what was happening. It's a super good sign when the characters have to explain the story like that.

(The only thing that would have made this funnier would be if, instead of getting spit back out in the same direction she went inside, Octavia just fell straight in one side and out the other, kind of like running through a lawn sprinkler. "It healed you!!")

(I pray to god this doesn't mean Diyoza and Octavia are now the same person or that Octavia became Diyoza's unborn daughter inside the lights. Just let it be, "It healed you!")

• Love 2
3 hours ago, SourK said:

Octavia just fell straight in one side and out the other, kind of like running through a lawn sprinkler. "It healed you!!")

Ha-ahahahahahahahahha!

But actually, I would be okay if the Anomaly took out either Octavia or Dioyza.  Both of them annoy me, and if Dioyza IS as bad as she was back in the day on earth, then I truly would like Karma and Nemesis to pay her a visit.

15 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

But actually, I would be okay if the Anomaly took out either Octavia or Dioyza.  Both of them annoy me, and if Dioyza IS as bad as she was back in the day on earth, then I truly would like Karma and Nemesis to pay her a visit.

Me, too. But I'm still not sure if Diyoza was actually as bad as her reputation, or if it was a matter of perspective, such as terrorist vs. freedom fighter. I have a vague memory that there was a flashback showing that she had good motives but was on the wrong side (against the government?). But I could be wrong--I've forgotten so much of the past seasons.

• Love 2

So, Kane is finally back, but he's been buffed up (to say the least), by no longer being Henry Ian Cusick, but Greyston Holt from Bitten instead.  I wonder if Cusick's name is still going to hang around in the credits though.

Not surprised that Xavier was actually Gabriel this entire time.  He's also clearly not over Josephine, since that was who he was seeing during the anomaly.  Speaking of which, I'm guessing Diyoza isn't going to be dead by going in, but will come out completely different in some form.  But hey, it at least cured and cleaned up Octavia!  You can't have Marie Avgeropoulous not looking attractive for too long!  So speaks The CW!

Glad Emori ended up turning on Josephine (and Murphy), and was able to help Bellamy get her past the field.  At least Murphy seems to be having some doubts after he heard Clarke was still alive, but he still seems driven by his fear of dying, and it's leading to him making some questionable decisions (well, different kinds of questionable decisions compared to his normal questionable decisions...)

Way to just make everything go to hell, Madi.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Not surprised that Xavier was actually Gabriel this entire time.  He's also clearly not over Josephine, since that was who he was seeing during the anomaly.  Speaking of which, I'm guessing Diyoza isn't going to be dead by going in, but will come out completely different in some form.  But hey, it at least cured and cleaned up Octavia!  You can't have Marie Avgeropoulous not looking attractive for too long!  So speaks The CW!

Do the other 'Children of Gabriel' know that Xavier is Gabriel ? Because I don't think they do.

I remember the actor playing new Marcus, Greyston Holt, from the show 'Bitten (where he played Clayton Danvers).

1 hour ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Do the other 'Children of Gabriel' know that Xavier is Gabriel ? Because I don't think they do.

I remember the actor playing new Marcus, Greyston Holt, from the show 'Bitten (where he played Clayton Danvers).

I wasn't fully paying attention so someone correct me if I'm wrong or have something to add. Iirc Gabriel told  O and D that he found someone smart enough and willing enough to train to get the chip out of his previous host's head but then this person bonded with him and couldn't "kill" him when time came to it so this person instead put the chip in current host's head without Gabriel's permission.  And when current host woke up and realized what happened, he went crazy with rage and killed his whole crew (all the witnesses). So no, I don't think any of the current CofG know he is Gabriel. 

9 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Gabriel kept it a secret because 1)he didn't want to look like a hypocrite when the other guy gave him a new body and 2)because he killed the guy who put him in the body and now has no evidence that it was against his will. Xavier has been telling the others the whole time that he hasn't seen "the old man" for a while himself.

The anomaly might be the first time this show has used sci-fi magic rather than implausible science. Too bad they can't use to go back and kill Becca before she invents ALIE.

1 hour ago, Aquarius97 said:

So probably they are throwing Josephine into the anomaly and Clarke will come out of it

Maybe they can throw new Kane into the anomaly and old Kane will come out. Maybe we could get the old Raven back. Did her leg magically heal?

• Love 3
12 hours ago, DesertCyclist said:

So...  Abby traded in the old Kane for a pair of pecs?  That's what I got out of this.  Not that I object, mind you.

I think the show just decided that "Kane" and Diyoza should hook up.  My gut says that Abby is not going to survive the season.

Kane being back as this new guy is just super weird, and while I get why they want him around more even if HIC couldn't come back again, I wish they would just let the poor guy rest in peace. You know he is gonna be understandably pissed at Abbey about all this mad science he has been unwillingly dragged into. 

I swear, I need Raven to wear a name tag in every scene she pops up in, she just doesent look like herself anymore. 

I really liked the whole scene when Murphy asked if Clarke could see him when he found out she was alive. Really, he was halfway out of Josephine's plan as soon as he found out that Clarke was still riding shotgun in her brain. Glad that Emori couldn't go through with the plan, even though things look pretty bad for them now.

Speaking of, way to make literally everything worse Madi! Why exactly does she automatically get to be the commander now, especially considering she is going increasingly crazy and her plan is objectively a mess. 

Yeah, why could the Earth people possibly be pissed off leader guy?! You only murdered their leader so you could let your psycho daughter wear her body like a badly tailored suite!

Ah, it won't be long now until the anomaly (probably after talking to Clarke) destroys the planet and they have to go to the next one at the end of the season.

• LOL 2

Good grief just when I think Abby can’t be any worse she proves me wrong. I get not wanting someone you love to die but to sanction another person’s death to save them is just so... so... Abby. I hope nuKane shames her and leaves her. 

The murder happy Primes bore me to the point of fast forwarding. Murdery Madi bores me. Honestly everything about Sanctum bores me  

Having to see visions of Josephine on the way to the anomaly was not fair. I was interested in the Octavia, Diyoza and Xavier/Gabriel story and then the bad acting blonde psycho kept popping up. Ugh. 

• Love 2
On 6/27/2019 at 5:53 PM, ketose said:

The anomaly might be the first time this show has used sci-fi magic rather than implausible science. Too bad they can't use to go back and kill Becca before she invents ALIE.

I would be shocked if this doesn't become next seasons plot.  They are pretty committed to a total reset each year.  Assuming next season is the last, they have to wrap it up somehow.