Type keyword(s) to search

House Hunters - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Virginia: I side-eye most HHers who 50+ and upgrading to a larger, more expensive house. Why? They had one daughter at home, the other kids are grown. Why did they need a 4+ bedroom, 3000+ sq ft home? Not to mention, with her recent health issues, a smaller single story home would've been a far better option.

North Carolina: I liked her and her Mom. She appreciated the quirky items most HHers want to immediately upgrade. 

• Like 6
On 3/12/2024 at 7:07 PM, pdlinda said:

...there has been a massive reduction in posts and responses to posts.  I wonder why that happened??? HMMM...

#mysteries

#badgegoals

• Like 2
On 3/12/2024 at 9:31 PM, buttersister said:

It was a long break — long enough to break the habit. And the new mission statement struck me as meh. I came for the snark. Maybe there are show forums that are problematic,  I’m not there. Also, I looked at the big list of new shows, and hadn’t heard of any of them.

Full disclosure, I deleted a bunch of unwatched HH eps. Lots of Florida, Alabama, descriptions of bs drama—zzzzzz.

Don’t delete the NYC to Ok episode! It was pretty good and I like the choice she made. I did find myself confused at the end over where her sister and family lived. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 3/12/2024 at 9:31 PM, buttersister said:

It was a long break — long enough to break the habit. And the new mission statement struck me as meh. I came for the snark. Maybe there are show forums that are problematic,  I’m not there. Also, I looked at the big list of new shows, and hadn’t heard of any of them.

Full disclosure, I deleted a bunch of unwatched HH eps. Lots of Florida, Alabama, descriptions of bs drama—zzzzzz.

There are definitely a few show forums  that are problematic and it  has to do with overseeing of comments & people  easily offended turning others  in. Very disappointed that the results of the poll are more policing and supervising of every comment. This used to be a great place to come for the Snark. If things got too out of hand, then of course someone needs to step in,but this place is harsh.
I was hoping it  would get better not worse as far as freedom of speech.
unfortunately this is pretty much the only busy tv site left . 

• Like 8
(edited)

The San Franciso to St. Louis 'creative' was interesting.    I hated the second house out in the country, on a hillside.   The phrase that terrifies me is 'foundation issues', and that house had major structural failure.   The quote of $37,000 for that work was way low in my opinion, and I bet it wouldn't be a permanent fix either.     The first house was not practical for him.   

The third house that he picked, was adorable, and close to his friend, and family, so it was the obvious choice.  Carlitto was so cute.   I think that house was a great investment too. I bet he could do the improvements he wanted to do over time, and have exactly what he wanted.    With all of the demand in that area, if the homeowner ever decides to buy something else, I bet it will sell quickly and for a great profit.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 3
(edited)
12 hours ago, Johannah said:

I don't know what that means.

#Oops sorry
#probablynotdoingitright

#personalizedbadgegoals

#noneofthesebadgesfitme

#goodtimes

IMG_7535.png

IMG_7534.png

Edited by stewedsquash
Screenshot
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Angry 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

I miss the good old days of TWOP.  Or was it TWOT?  Tears or pain is the question.   Are there other places like that?   

I am not going to turn anyone in for questioning older couples with no kids in the house buying a huge house.  We did just that, and we simply and really wanted to host more indoor parties for our family, and I wanted to showcase my antique collections in a huge 4000 sq ft house, not a 1200 sq ft mid century rambler on lots of acreage with a barn.   We were too old to take care of all the care the property required.  And we simply wanted acreage inside the house, not outside.   We also lived in the smaller home so that our children had lots of room to roam, and all the farm pets they could desire, and care for.  So, that is a reasonable reply to why older people don't mind having a large un kidded home.  Also now out of town relatives may stay with us and not a hotel, and some of our children have had to come stay with us after divorce, or change of jobs and apts.  It really has worked out very well.  

• Like 8
  • Hugs 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

@Pine it was not tears or pain it was pity. Television Without Pity. And yeah, no turning in of anyone on my side but I am going to hashtag humorously when the mood strikes. And hopefully a snark badge will make an appearance for all us snarkers.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

Don’t delete the NYC to Ok episode! It was pretty good and I like the choice she made. I did find myself confused at the end over where her sister and family lived.

I liked the inside of the house she chose but I was really side-eyeing the house next door.  The house looked like it was falling apart and had a ton of junk in the yard.  

• Like 5
21 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

#Oops sorry
#probablynotdoingitright

#personalizedbadgegoals

#noneofthesebadgesfitme

#goodtimes

IMG_7535.png

IMG_7534.png

What exactly the **** happening here? What are they trying to do just alienate at least half of us? This is mind blowing. This is a TV movie, etc. review conversation website not an exploration of our woke feelings. my God this is all part of what’s going terribly wrong in this country. Was this really such a big problem here? I’ve never read anything that would lead to this ..Let people speak. No one has to agree with everyone else. We are all capable of having adult conversations. I wish there was another forum to go to because I’m really starting to get agita. I’m afraid to post half the things I want to and believe me they are not controversial, but they are nitpick apart and found to have something wrong with them and then you are reprimanded given points told you may be thrown out, etc..

• Like 8
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

@chediavolo I don’t want to send you over the edge but someone pointed out on another thread that there is a culture report now also when posters hit the report icon:

IMG_7537.png

I don't even know what low culture means.

Do I hit it when someone makes a post that indicates a lack of knowledge or lack of knowledge of the specific show.

I don't understand the need for a mission statement although I don't have problems with not having overtly racist, misogynistic, homophobic or those kinds of threads being deleted or being banned.

People mention Television Without Pity but as I recall it was incredibly easy to get banned from that forum for the most mysterious reasons. I got banned a couple of times and my posts were very innocuous.

On a serious note - are we not supposed to comment on the looks or clothing on HH - for example. I certainly don't generally even notice most people in terms of their being completely ordinary or I wouldn't make offensive comments about someone's weight if that wasn't part of their story. But there have been a few instances when it just seemed like the elephant in the room - as I recall there was a relatively wealthy couple moving from one of those odd states like the Dakotas to Florida and the woman had a massive amount of not very good plastic surgery. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
25 minutes ago, amarante said:

I don't even know what low culture means.

Do I hit it when someone makes a post that indicates a lack of knowledge or lack of knowledge of the specific show.

I don't understand the need for a mission statement although I don't have problems with not having overtly racist, misogynistic, homophobic or those kinds of threads being deleted or being banned.

People mention Television Without Pity but as I recall it was incredibly easy to get banned from that forum for the most mysterious reasons. I got banned a couple of times and my posts were very innocuous.

On a serious note - are we not supposed to comment on the looks or clothing on HH - for example. I certainly don't generally even notice most people in terms of their being completely ordinary or I wouldn't make offensive comments about someone's weight if that wasn't part of their story. But there have been a few instances when it just seemed like the elephant in the room - as I recall there was a relatively wealthy couple moving from one of those odd states like the Dakotas to Florida and the woman had a massive amount of not very good plastic surgery. 

The new moderation team has not been very clear as to what the new guidelines are.  So, no one is exactly sure what is ok and what is not.  The only guidelines we have are those at the top of the site.

I don't know what posters in the 600lb life, Big Fat Fabulous Life or Dr Pimple Popper are going to talk about if they cannot even reference the reason the participants are on the show in the first place.

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
(edited)

The couple house hunting in Detroit are probably following a script for conflict, but they need separate houses.   He wants a grand staircase, she's going to be hauling a baby up and down stairs constantly, and doesn't want stairs.   However, I'm not a fan of the husband turning part of the basement into "Dave's Place", he should think about being around the wife and baby, not his dungeon in the basement.  I wouldn't be surprised if the basement gets wet during snow melt. 

The Minneapolis-St. Paul rerun is interesting.   I like the first one has a long, solid ramp to the porch.    The fiance doesn't realize, and the boyfriend doesn't explain if turning the first house into a duplex requires separate electric and heat, it's a requirement in a lot of places.    And maybe looking for Victorian or Tudor homes means that you won't get open concept, and a big kitchen with an island.    I know it's all for the show, but it's not realistic.   I love looking at different, older homes though.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 5
(edited)

Ha, with the Berkley house, she got her ranch, sorta and he got a staircase. Unless he wakes up when their baby is born, her attorney will use Dave’s Place to get her a better settlement in the divorce. WTF? He’s been doing some laundry! Aw, Dave is so amazing, in Dave’s head.

I get needing some space sometimes, but deliberately creating a world of your own—she gets the kitchen, I guess—with planned exits sucks. She must have really wanted to be married.

On a side note, why would you chose “this post is ok, I just wanted to tell a mod about it?” WTAH is that?

Edited by buttersister
  • Like 5

The Detroit couple episode last night - I'm on the wife's side about the stairs if for no other reason than she has knee pain.  The husband was obsessed with having front steps for Trick or Treaters to use, and stairs inside for Christmas morning.  Those are only 2 days of the year.  Sounded  like the people who want a staircase as a prop for prom pictures.

Also, I want to point out that laundry chutes work in one direction only - down -  as opposed to the statement that either he or the realtor said about how handy it would be for taking laundry up and down from the basement.  I would have chosen the ranch because it was larger.  The one they chose ha very small bedrooms, and I think the square footage was only about 1,300 sf (not including the basement).  Yes, 4 bedrooms in a 1,300 sf house are going to be small.            

• Like 7
(edited)
On 3/20/2024 at 9:19 AM, stewedsquash said:

@chediavolo I don’t want to send you over the edge but someone pointed out on another thread that there is a culture report now also when posters hit the report icon:

IMG_7537.png

Jesus! Infuriating 🤬

11 hours ago, buttersister said:

Ha, with the Berkley house, she got her ranch, sorta and he got a staircase. Unless he wakes up when their baby is born, her attorney will use Dave’s Place to get her a better settlement in the divorce. WTF? He’s been doing some laundry! Aw, Dave is so amazing, in Dave’s head.

I get needing some space sometimes, but deliberately creating a world of your own—she gets the kitchen, I guess—with planned exits sucks. She must have really wanted to be married.

On a side note, why would you chose “this post is ok, I just wanted to tell a mod about it?” WTAH is that?

I think women need an escape room just as much if not more especially if you are a stay at home mom then the husband does. What a bunch of babies

and yes, I agree 100% I say WTF is that as far as the post is OK I just want to tell a moderator about it. What is happening to this place? It was bad enough before.

Edited by chediavolo
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Metro Detroit: despite the single story vs. two story, I think their choice was really about location. Ferndale & Berkley are more desirable suburbs for young couples than Sterling Heights, where the ranch was located. They didn't mention commutes but that may have been a deciding factor as well. Sterling Heights is a bit further out.

Metro Pittsburgh: not as familiar with the area but the other options seemed like better choices. The one they picked was an hour from her office and appeared to need more work. Guessing the budget and his need for a 3 car garage was what really drove that decision. 

• Like 6
(edited)

I'm not really going to get into whatever these new forum things are because I'm not sure what they mean yet, but for those that thought TWOP was less constricted , I got a nasty msg from Allie after I mentioned God in a reply.  I was told I shouldn't talk about Him as if He existed, that I should say that it was just my opinion.  Aren't these forums all about opinion?  Are we supposed to say, "in my opinion..." before every post?  Or maybe just when our beliefs didn't align with hers.  Can't remember if I was suspended or anything.  It was a long time ago, but it still pisses me off.

So...

Saw the NYC to OK ep last night and the sisters made me laugh more than most sitcoms have lately.  "If we're relying on her being our farmer, we all gonna die.". They cracked me up a few times.  It was also nice to see a lower budget house hunt and for someone that thought 2 bedrooms and one bath was fine. Enjoyed and agreed with the sister that said she didn't need a separate room for a guest.  If you can afford it, fine, but the families with 4 kids that need a separate bedroom for each PLUS a guest bedroom....  Yikes. Also thought it was funny when she told her sister she had to wait in line for the bath.  Can't remember the wording, but it was funny.

# I don't "get" hashtags

# didn't these things used to be number signs?  Then Pound?  Now hashtag?  What a versatile little tic-tac-toe board.

Okay, I'll stop in case these things actually do get the attention of a mod.  I know they are just trying to keep things civil here.

Edited by Johannah
  • Love 3

I'm watching the OWN reruns, and Jamika, the Navy veteran,  amazes me.  Moving to NC, from California, relocated to the Charlotte area.   She did a lot of reseach before deciding on Charlotte as a great location with lots of resources for her five children.    She wants a 5 bedroom, 3 bath, and I love that she planned instead of just moving and wondering if the place is a good fit.   

I love her realtor, who says she's now family, and I like that.      The realtor really seems great, telling her the realities of house shopping in a competitive market.   She is a bit obsessed with houseplants, and it's obviously a scripted topic.   

I agree with Jamika, why does a seller expect top dollar, when there are so many unfilled holes it looks like it was machine gunned?   

• Like 3
4 hours ago, snarts said:

The one they picked was an hour from her office

I was hoping she could work from home much of the time (did I hear correctly that she was a "physical therapist?)

When they say it's a ONE HR COMMUTE I always respond with an "eye roll" because we all know that traffic conditions vary and it's most unlikely there wouldn't be an accident/construction slowdowns along the way.  Who knows, maybe she leaves work at 2 PM and can get home in an hour?  Otherwise, it's extremely problematic that she'd be able to manage her household and young toddler by getting home at dinnertime.

I was also struck with the maintenance on the large homes they saw.  I thought about that long commute in terms of her having to cook, clean and do general chores with all those rooms (especially bathrooms).  The outside maintenance, as well, seemed like a monumental chore UNLESS they hire people to do it for them. 

These days, from what I see with my daughter's family (large home with kids) the monthly expense for people doing housecleaning/landscaping and lawn maintenance is HUGE...about $1K each month.

I hope they have a lot of income that keeps growing!  They'll need it!  Good Luck to them.  They seemed to be a loving, compatible couple.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1

I pay $130/every 2 weeks to clean the downstairs of our house, about 1,400 sq. feet. We don't clean the upstairs as it doesn't get used except for the rare occasion we have overnight guests.

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

I pay $130/every 2 weeks to clean the downstairs of our house, about 1,400 sq. feet. We don't clean the upstairs as it doesn't get used except for the rare occasion we have overnight guests.

That seems very reasonable. 

My daughter lives in L.A. and has 5 children.  Their home is about 4000 SF.  I know they pay an astronomical amt for cleaning/landscaping (outdoor) maintenance.  

I live in PHX and have a 1 BR 900 SF apt.  I pay $100 every other week for cleaning.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
On 3/20/2024 at 1:43 PM, amarante said:

To this day, I will never understand board-on-board, and I went to Law School

I want to thank this site for never making things that confusing.

HH is one of the OG shows that just keeps on ticking.

• Like 6

I still remember a woman who bought a quirky shaped house in L.A., sold a few years later for well over double the purchase price plus reno, moved to Nashville and bought a place, then married and they bought a place over a river on a hillside.     That's the only 3 time appearance of anyone.   Then there was the former baseball player buying the mansion in Phoenix (I think Phoenix, a desert area), and then bought a place in Mexico on the HHI version.   I think there was a man who bought in Telluride, and then bought a place in Key West that was huge.    

I bet there would be a lot more buying a home, and a vacation place, that could be on the show.   

I enjoy watching the older reruns, and seeing how the taste changes over time.  

• Like 6
9 hours ago, qtpye said:

I want to thank this site for never making things that confusing.

HH is one of the OG shows that just keeps on ticking.

Yeah for TWoP there was one moderator, mentioned here already, who was always boards-on-boarding but of course never called out. 

The Detroit couple: I was surprised that they took the place that was so far from her work. They never mentioned the husband's commute, so I assume that he could work from home. I often find myself wondering if HHers ever look back at these episodes and think, "this is where I should have realized that my spouse didn't care about what mattered to me."

• Like 5
9 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Absolutely, I watched an older episode and as the couple walked thru the house the wife said, "There is not one arch or column in this whole house." I think it was from about 2008 but I laughed out loud at her dismay of lack of arches and columns.

10 hours ago, qtpye said:

I thought you were talking about some architectural detail. 

HH shows some of the most depressing homes sometimes and I think is that really the market in that town? Like no good options at all no matter the budget...the buyer just has to pick the one they hate the least, it's so sad.

I watched a newer episode yesterday where a couple lost a very young child (no details but the father phrased it so strangely, (his child decided to depart this earth), and the wife kept on about a pool and a fireplace because that child always wanted a pool and liked fireplaces and for that she was sentimental about those things, what about what her two surviving children want? I know I am not being kind, when her husband was questioning the budget with concern (he was the only earner), she said I don't care about a budget, we will do what we have to do, she might have been a bit much.

I have learned that there are so many one bathroom homes on the market across the US, that would be a deal breaker for me.

• Like 6
22 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I still remember a woman who bought a quirky shaped house in L.A., sold a few years later for well over double the purchase price plus reno, moved to Nashville and bought a place, then married and they bought a place over a river on a hillside.     That's the only 3 time appearance of anyone.   Then there was the former baseball player buying the mansion in Phoenix (I think Phoenix, a desert area), and then bought a place in Mexico on the HHI version.   I think there was a man who bought in Telluride, and then bought a place in Key West that was huge.    

I bet there would be a lot more buying a home, and a vacation place, that could be on the show.   

There were the couple who were hairdressers and dating, she bought a small place for herself, then they got married and had a baby and bought a place, then they bought a get away place in Charleston I think, plus they had a cute little Chihuahua.  That was several years ago, I often wonder what happened to them.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
40 minutes ago, Pine said:

There were the couple who were hairdressers and dating, she bought a small place for herself, then they got married and had a baby and bought a place, then they bought a get away place in Charleston I think, plus they had a cute little Chihuahua.  That was several years ago, I often wonder what happened to them.

I remember them.   They bought twice in town I think, a huge townhouse, or single family, and they either had a ranch house, or moved from it, I don't remember.   

I found an article about them, and their house purchases.  

https://www.baltimoresun.com/2016/01/15/hgtvs-house-hunters-to-feature-frederick-couples-search-for-new-home/

They have salons in Frederick, MD, and Charleston.     They seem to be doing very well, and I'm so happy to read that about them. 

23 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Oh I remember her/them!  It appeared the husband had some money! Didn't they purchase a grand old house that needed a lot of work? And they had or adopted a baby?

• Like 2

I'm ten minutes in to Ricardo in Atlanta. He wants a 5-6 bed home in the middle of the city for 450k! And he uptalks! Never heard a guy do that before. His best friend is very practical and tries to talk sense. Her, I like. The realtor also tries to be realistic. But her clothing is painted on.

• Like 6

Atlanta (yet again): Hated Ricardo. Seriously hated. Aside from #2, the ranch in the City, I also hated the housing options. Did he ever clarify why he needed 5 bedrooms? Maybe I missed it while focusing on the huge silver chain he wore like a tie, outside his shirt collar. Content creation? Is he on OnlyFans?  I long for that extra 30 minutes of sleep I lost watching this one. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
3 hours ago, snarts said:

Atlanta (yet again): Hated Ricardo. Seriously hated. Aside from #2, the ranch in the City, I also hated the housing options. Did he ever clarify why he needed 5 bedrooms? Maybe I missed it while focusing on the huge silver chain he wore like a tie, outside his shirt collar. Content creation? Is he on OnlyFans?  I long for that extra 30 minutes of sleep I lost watching this one. 

Ricardo said he needed 5 bedrooms because he had a lot of stuff and needed the space.  He also claimed he needed the room for entertaining guests.  He was so unrealistic both about how much he needed to spend to get what he wanted and how many humongous houses were out there waiting for him to buy.  

• Like 3

@CrazyInAlabama that article reminded me when they would show the before and after move in of the home owners and the homes would be decorated. It would say 6 weeks later 10 weeks later even once I remember 3 months later during the reveal. I miss that because now all we get is the empty house or at most some RoomsToGo dining table and sectional.

The Atlanta dude didn’t bother me, I embraced that he was wanting what he wanted. He said HR person, content person and chef. From how he was slicing in the intro and also the reveal nah, not a chef. He said he also needed rooms for many  guests and friends and parties so  I expected a cheffy meal with 20 friends gathered for the reveal. Then he was destroying some kind of leafy stuff and had what appeared to be three cooked peeled stringy sweet potatoes on the counter, that was it for the meal and when the door opened for guests, three old ladies walked in, HA!  I did like the paint papers he had fanned out for his color choices. I am a green color person and love saturated colors. Welcome change from 10 painted squares of one degree lighter or darker grey as samples. 
I loved his friend! She had a fantastic house. So subtly feminine. I  coveted that couch they were on during the choice discussion. I hope she helps him do his decorating. And she had great blouses. Not going to drag his realtor for her clothes. I think she looked great and liked that she embraced her shape in an elegant tailored to her body style instead of baggy clothes. I especially liked that she wore a bra that enhanced her fitted blue top. 

The black rambler brought back a confused show memory ( I think it was HH) of a recent, last fall?, couple and the man was very intent that they were painting the house outside black. 

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Grizzly said:

I'm ten minutes in to Ricardo in Atlanta.

That was enough for me....immediate click on the remote to "delete."😃

• LOL 2
On 3/24/2024 at 6:14 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I remember them.   They bought twice in town I think, a huge townhouse, or single family, and they either had a ranch house, or moved from it, I don't remember.   

I found an article about them, and their house purchases.  

https://www.baltimoresun.com/2016/01/15/hgtvs-house-hunters-to-feature-frederick-couples-search-for-new-home/

They have salons in Frederick, MD, and Charleston.     They seem to be doing very well, and I'm so happy to read that about them. 

Awesome!  I couldn't read the article, because I don't subscribe, but, so happy to hear that they are still together.  Thank you so much CrazyinAlabama for sharing the information.

• Thanks 1

Ricardo was entertaining.  His knife work showed he isn't a chef.  His wording took a bit to understand.  To each their own.

• Like 2
(edited)
On 3/26/2024 at 9:47 AM, Pine said:

Awesome!  I couldn't read the article, because I don't subscribe, but, so happy to hear that they are still together.  Thank you so much CrazyinAlabama for sharing the information.

I'm not a subscriber either, but it let me read it.   It just talked about how they bought the townhouse.    I was thrilled to see they're still in business, and have the Frederick and Charleston salons.     And they're still together, i bet a lot of house hunters can't say that.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Pine said:

Anyone else watching Lakefront Empire?  The new HGTV show?

I saw the first episode.  Did it get better?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

One LE realtor did time—something she doesn’t tire of talking about in every episode. That got old pretty fast. So currently looking for a $3+M place for guy who believed in her and funded her entry into the business. The other realtor is kind of a hot mess. 

• Like 2

I heard comedian Kathleen Madigan mention Lakefront Empire, since she and her parents have lake houses on Lake of the Ozarks, but that's as far as I got.  There's no forum for it yet, so I checked to see if there's a pending request for one, and there isn't.  If anyone watching that new series wants to request one in order to discuss, here's how to do it now that you no longer just create a thread.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
On 3/26/2024 at 10:54 AM, Pine said:

Ricardo was entertaining.  His knife work showed he isn't a chef.  His wording took a bit to understand.  To each their own.

What did he do for a living? I see he is a chef.

The I need five bedrooms was odd, his reasoning was one, because he had a lot of stuff and two, when people come to visit, I think a basement would be a good place for a lot of his stuff and dose he think everyone that comes to visit will be staying over night and how many visitors does he get on the regular anyway?

He creates content? I'd love to see his sm. OMG, I saw one of his cooking demos.

Something was very off.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
  • LOL 1

Birmingham, Alabama. Family of 4. Husband insists they need a 6000 sq ft house to have enough space for them. I was rolling my eyes so hard at him. They will grow into it. They're both thin so I'm wondering if they're planning to gain weight.

• LOL 3
14 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Birmingham, Alabama. Family of 4. Husband insists they need a 6000 sq ft house to have enough space for them. I was rolling my eyes so hard at him. They will grow into it. They're both thin so I'm wondering if they're planning to gain weight.

He was ridiculous, imo. They were a family of 4, for goodness sake. I can understand wanting to be in a highly regarded school district and staying put in that same town, but the smaller house would have been just fine. But no, it was ONLY 3500 square feet!!! The horror of having to live in such a TINY home! In the end, he gave up his 'must have' pool and went over budget when that other house was perfectly fine. I did like the last ranch home with swimming pool in another town, but in the end, location won out. Which is fine, really, but why is it necessary to have such a huge home? 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1