Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

• Start Topic

I only watch The Talk now and then, and just happened to turn it on today to see the new co-host announcement.  As I'd never heard of Eve before, and missed her guest co-hosting, I was glad they had the intro video about her.  I was surprised, however, considering she's a musician and actor, that she would accept a 4-day a week job.  Has she stepped about from her career? Sorry if she discussed this later in the show. I turned it off at the first commercial break.

• Love 1
On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 8:38 PM, Mikita said:

I really hope that the new host is someone that I like.

Anyone notice that Julie did not do the intro to today's show? I was expecting that she was not in today and was trying to figure out whose voice it was when she walked out with everyone else. It sounded like Carrie Ann's voice to me. Anyone else?

I've heard that voice on their Halloween episodes, but have no idea who it belongs to though.

When they showed the silhouette of the new co-host yesterday I thought (and hoped) it was Garcelle's and while I'm bummed that it's not her or Carrie Ann, I do like Eve. I think she'd be better suited at The Real though.

4 hours ago, buffynut said:

I only watch The Talk now and then, and just happened to turn it on today to see the new co-host announcement.  As I'd never heard of Eve before, and missed her guest co-hosting, I was glad they had the intro video about her.  I was surprised, however, considering she's a musician and actor, that she would accept a 4-day a week job.  Has she stepped about from her career? Sorry if she discussed this later in the show. I turned it off at the first commercial break.

She hasn't put out new music in a few years and the last movie I saw her in was on Lifetime a year or so ago so she'll have the time to host this show.

Edited by rmcrae
  • Love 3

I don't hate Eve. But what was the point of giving both Garcelle and Carrie Ann such a long look if they were just going to give the job to Eve after a 4 day tryout. It's not like Eve knocked it out of the ballpark. Did the ratings go up the week that she was on? Are they trying to get a little younger and diverse audience and they think that Eve will get it? 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I couldn't figure out the voice. I guess it was a clue to the new host. I suppose it won't be Eve since she lives in London because her husband is British.

Quoted myself to say....joke's on me!

3 minutes ago, Mikita said:

I don't hate Eve. But what was the point of giving both Garcelle and Carrie Ann such a long look if they were just going to give the job to Eve after a 4 day tryout. It's not like Eve knocked it out of the ballpark. Did the ratings go up the week that she was on? Are they trying to get a little younger and diverse audience and they think that Eve will get it? 

Maybe Eve's price tag was lower.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mikita said:

I think that's it. When Eve guest hosted for a week on The Real last year she received a lot of positive feedback and maybe The Talk's producers thought they might entice some of those viewers by hiring her. She'd be better as an occasional fill-in. Garcelle and Carrie Ann were the better choices.

• Love 3

I'm part Hispanic and I have to say that I'm greatly disappointed that Eve was chosen and that no Latina was given a shot at the job. I'm for diversity, but Hispanics never seem to be given a chance on these shows.  I wonder if they felt they had to replace Ms Tyler with another African American, ala the problem there was with the Broadway show The Great Comet of 1812 that tried to replace an African American actor with Mandy Patinkin?  I just wish we'd see more Hispanics on network TV, not only at night, but daytime also. Yes, I know there are Hispanic shows on the Hispanic networks, but how about including us on the major networks?  

Edited by KLovestoShop
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

I'm part Hispanic and I have to say that I'm greatly disappointed that Eve was chosen and that no Latina was given a shot at the job. I'm for diversity, but Hispanics never seem to be given a chance on these shows.  I wonder if they felt they had to replace Ms Tyler with another African American, ala the problem there was with the Broadway show The Great Comet of 1812 that tried to replace an African American actor with Mandy Patinkin?  I just wish we'd see more Hispanics on network TV, not only at night, but daytime also. Yes, I know there are Hispanic shows on the Hispanic networks, but how about including us on the major networks?  

I hear you. Anytime that there are complaints about diversity and more people of color should be added, my people are told that's why you have BET so shut up. Then we are asked how we would like it if there was a channel for white people. Dumbest question ever. That's what all of the other networks are! That's why BET was created in the first place. No one should have to tune in to one specific network to see people like themselves. No one. If you think you see so little of your people it's always worse for someone else. Asians and Native Americans? 

• Love 6

Doesn't that BET and Univision crap just hack you off?   Not all my Hispanic relatives speak Spanish, so they don't watch the Hispanic networks, but that doesn't make them any less Hispanic.  When have we seen an Hispanic, Asian or Native American on a soap opera?  We lived in Arizona for quite a few years, and I would hear many Native Americans comment on where their people are on TV.  And they're SO right.  The View, The Talk and any others of their kind could give other ethnic groups a tryout.  It's great to see all ethnic groups on regular network TV.  

• Love 3

It annoys anytime I hear someone say it or write it. It's almost like the soaps are saying that Hispanics have telenovelas so we don't have to include any Hipanics in our shows. Sorry but Sonny Corrinthos mob boss, doesn't count GH! Neither did that insulting bit role that B&B just had of the Hispanic Gardner turned masseuse to seduce Quinn. They can and should do better. Not even sure if there are any Asians on the soaps currently. Sadly, I'm positive there are no Native Americans.

The Talk has diversity but yes, they should have been able to include Latino and Native American candidates for that host spot.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

Roselyn Sanchez did host a few shows after Aisha left.  I don't know if she was seriously considered but she did host a few times.  And I agree with you that the Latino community is underrepresented on the talk show host circuit.  However, there is Sunny Hostin on The View and Adrienne Bailon at The Talk.  We also have Marilyn Milian from the People's Court (I know not exactly the same) and we "had" Judge Christina.   

I think the Asian community is the most underrepresented group out there. 

Anyone notice that Julie did not do the intro to today's show? I was expecting that she was not in today and was trying to figure out whose voice it was when she walked out with everyone else. It sounded like Carrie Ann's voice to me. Anyone else?

I too thought that was the voice of Carrie Ann.  Like most I was shocked when Eve was announced.  I knew it would be Carrie Ann or Garcelle.  I'll give Eve a chance though. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Aside from Hoda Kotb, are there any people of Middle Eastern descent on daytime?

Thoughts on day 2 with Eve?

Paula Faris on The View is part Lebanese on her father's side.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Well, she already insulted Sara by telling her that her food orders are too specific.

She was playfully teasing her though.

2 hours ago, rcc said:

Paula Faris on The View is part Lebanese on her father's side.

Thanks, rcc. :)

Today's show was boring, but I sat through it anyway. I don't know if it's nerves, but sometimes Eve looks like she's not sure if she made the right choice by accepting the job. Hopefully she gets more comfortable soon.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Eve is full of it trashing Nicki Minaj. I've seen Eve's sex tape and I wasn't even looking for it. Glass houses...stones...

And she didn't trash Nicki.  She said she had mad respect for Nicki but that wasn't something that Eve would do.  She did say that she thought Nicki went too far though.  That's her opinion and she didn't say it in a mean way. 

And concerning the sex tape, didn't her ex Stevie J or someone else put that out.  I'm sure she thought that was something just for the two of them.   

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Oh, I know that. I was just mentioning it sorta tongue-in-cheek...

I gotcha. :)

3 hours ago, A.J. said:

And she didn't trash Nicki.  She said she had mad respect for Nicki but that wasn't something that Eve would do.  She did say that she thought Nicki went too far though.  That's her opinion and she didn't say it in a mean way. 

And concerning the sex tape, didn't her ex Stevie J or someone else put that out.  I'm sure she thought that was something just for the two of them.   

Yeah, Eve said someone leaked that tape behind her back. It's mortifying enough knowing that you willingly slept with a rat fink like Stevie J, but having video evidence that's easily accessible to the masses is another level of horrifying. *shivers*  

• Love 3

Okay, I'll dial back "trashing" but I stand by my opinion that Eve should've stayed out of it. There are several ways in which she does not have the high ground on an artist using their sexuality as a marketing tool. If they're going to try to position Eve as the go-to commenter on hip-hop and rap issues, I think she might want to reconsider the opportunity.

14 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Okay, I'll dial back "trashing" but I stand by my opinion that Eve should've stayed out of it. There are several ways in which she does not have the high ground on an artist using their sexuality as a marketing tool. If they're going to try to position Eve as the go-to commenter on hip-hop and rap issues, I think she might want to reconsider the opportunity.

I don't think Eve frowned on Nicki for simply using her sexuality as a marketing tool. It was how far she went with it. I do remember Eve having a sexy image, but (unless I missed it) nothing as thirsty for attention like what Nicki displayed in that photo shoot.  People keep bringing up the fact that Eve was a stripper and had a sex tape, but 1) she was a young and dumb teen when she stripped and 2) that sex tape was released without her consent. I'd call her a hypocrite if she'd clutched her pearls like she's walked on water all her life, but she simply gave her own opinion (which she's now being paid to do) without demeaning Nicki.

I never really paid J.K. Simmons much attention before, but is it me or is he really attractive? And not just in the "shredded Santa" photo.

The kid from the Wonder movie is such an adorable lil' nugget.

• Love 3

Eve seemed more comfortable and talkative today and I'm pretty sure that's because you-know-who wasn't there to hog the conversation with her phony Mary Poppins voice. I think she's back for tomorrow and Wednesday unfortunately.

Unless I missed it, I'm glad they didn't mention Charles Manson today. The less said about that creature, the better.

• Love 3

I am home sick from work today and randomly landed on The Talk; a show I have not seen in many, many moons.

I remember reading on the internets a few weeks ago that they picked a new co-host so I was curious to see who it was.

Not a word of a lie, I had absolutely NO idea who that new person sitting beside Julie was, and to make matters worse, I have been watching the show for about 20 minutes or so and she has not spoken ONCE yet!!  Not even once!  I am not exaggerating.  Not one word to Shirley MacLaine yet either!

So that is why I came here, to see who she was.  I never ever would have known that was Eve from the 90s.   She hasn't been relevant for a very long time so I am sure she was happy to get the job and I assume she came cheap.  She might want to learn to talk more though, seeing as though she is now a co-host on a talk show called The Talk ..

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Medicine Crow said:

Today was unusual ... she usual starts the conversation & generally has relevant & intelligent responses.  Just sayin'.

That is good to know.  :)  I won't judge her from watching one random afternoon.  I just found is so strange that she didn't talk for like a really long stretch of time! 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Cementhead said:

I am home sick from work today and randomly landed on The Talk; a show I have not seen in many, many moons.

I remember reading on the internets a few weeks ago that they picked a new co-host so I was curious to see who it was.

Not a word of a lie, I had absolutely NO idea who that new person sitting beside Julie was, and to make matters worse, I have been watching the show for about 20 minutes or so and she has not spoken ONCE yet!!  Not even once!  I am not exaggerating.  Not one word to Shirley MacLaine yet either!

So that is why I came here, to see who she was.  I never ever would have known that was Eve from the 90s.   She hasn't been relevant for a very long time so I am sure she was happy to get the job and I assume she came cheap.  She might want to learn to talk more though, seeing as though she is now a co-host on a talk show called The Talk ..

I don't know why you "never ever" would've known that was Eve. It's not like she got a new face like Lil' Kim. And it is an exaggeration to say she never said a word for the first 20 minutes. She didn't drone on and on like Sharon or Julie but she did talk. 

Speaking of droning on and on Shirley McClain just about put me to sleep. She's an odd lady. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, mayaluv17 said:

I don't know why you "never ever" would've known that was Eve. It's not like she got a new face like Lil' Kim. And it is an exaggeration to say she never said a word for the first 20 minutes. She didn't drone on and on like Sharon or Julie but she did talk. 

Have a great day!

• Love 2
On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 3:37 PM, Medicine Crow said:

Today was unusual ... she usual starts the conversation & generally has relevant & intelligent responses.  Just sayin'.

It was a taped show and probably when she was still feeling nervous. She was more talkative when Scott Wolf was guest hosted the day before.

I'm interested to see if Sharon will roll her eyes and throw undercover shade at Eve like she did Aisha. She better know Eve is not going to swallow that shit without a word. She can try her if she wants.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, rmcrae said:

It was a taped show and probably when she was still feeling nervous. She was more talkative when Scott Wolf was guest hosted the day before.

I'm interested to see if Sharon will roll her eyes and throw undercover shade at Eve like she did Aisha. She better know Eve is not going to swallow that shit without a word. She can try her if she wants.

I think that Eve will tolerate it, due to the fact that she is so new. Plus, Sharon will tolerate Eve because she is not a threat to her. Whereas, Aisha being Black and brilliant shook her to her core..

• Love 4

Once again, did you all know that Eve is married to a British man? She's killing me Smalls.

Lol at Sara's baby mama's. Although I will admit I really detest that term as well as baby daddy. It was somehow funny hearing Sara say it.

• Love 6
On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 10:39 AM, Apprentice79 said:

I think that Eve will tolerate it, due to the fact that she is so new. Plus, Sharon will tolerate Eve because she is not a threat to her. Whereas, Aisha being Black and brilliant shook her to her core..

Today when Eve talked about some being shocked that she's an articulate woman I immediately thought of Sharon. I know she wasn't talking about her, but that sounds like something Sharon would say or at least think. "She speaks correctly and intelligently. But she's a hippity hop artist from the ghetto!"

Speaking of Sharon, that satellite bit was a waste of time. Sharon has no connection with the Royal Family so why bother talking to her about the engagement just because she happens to be in London?

• Love 4
23 hours ago, A.J. said:

Great show today.  I enjoyed all the topics, Carnie and Darius and Suzanne Somers too.   

This Sharon-free week has been pretty good. Speaking of Suzanne Somers, I don't get why celebrities feel the need to brag about how much sex they have with their spouse. Good for her and hubby that they get it on twice a day, but I don't need to know. Same with Will and Jada. "We know how to keep it spicy in the bedroom! We don't just have sex there. We screw in the kitchen, in the car, in the bushes, in the closet, in the oven..."

Something I forgot to mention that moved me was last week when they were talking about the young lady who had her abusive mother killed and how she admitted that she deserved some prison time, but she desperately needed professional mental health. Then Sheryl spoke about her own abuse and how she fantasized about killing the people who molested her, but her faith in God and the few good people around her kept her from doing it. Everyone's eyes were wet at that table.

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

Something I forgot to mention that moved me was last week when they were talking about the young lady who had her abusive mother killed and how she admitted that she deserved some prison time, but she desperately needed professional mental health. Then Sheryl spoke about her own abuse and how she fantasized about killing the people who molested her, but her faith in God and the few good people around her kept her from doing it. Everyone's eyes were wet at that table.

I forgot to mention it and I was moved to tears as well.  Sheryl has had a tough life and I love her for not letting her past destroy her. She could easily have fallen into despair..

• Love 4
On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 10:57 PM, Apprentice79 said:

I forgot to mention it and I was moved to tears as well.  Sheryl has had a tough life and I love her for not letting her past destroy her. She could easily have fallen into despair..

She should definitely write a book.

I'm curious to know who the singer was that recently mistook Julie for Connie Chung. I saw Maury on Wendy Williams's show a few years ago and he had an old photo of him and Connie and if I hadn't known better I would've sworn it was Julie. Back when Julie had shorter hair, of course.

I'm liking Eve more now that she seems more settled and isn't shy about speaking. I wish she'd stop reading from her cards so much though.

• Love 2
On 11/30/2017 at 11:23 PM, rmcrae said:

Good for her and hubby that they get it on twice a day, but I don't need to know. Same with Will and Jada. "We know how to keep it spicy in the bedroom! We don't just have sex there. We screw in the kitchen, in the car, in the bushes, in the closet, in the oven..."

LOL!!!!!!!!, So true!

Sheryl is multilayered.  I know her comedic stunts at times rub people the wrong way, but she is quite knowledgeable and a good fit for this show.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, A.J. said:

LOL!!!!!!!!, So true!

Sheryl is multilayered.  I know her comedic stunts at times rub people the wrong way, but she is quite knowledgeable and a good fit for this show.  

Sheryl is also a Republican. I know that the show does not do politics, but, that is another facet to her personality..

• Love 1