Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

• Start Topic

I will miss Aisha too. That was easy to guess when the lead up was her going on and on. I figured it out before she said it. 

mcrae, I'm pretty sure that the New Odd Couple was canceled so......

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Mikita said:

I will miss Aisha too. That was easy to guess when the lead up was her going on and on. I figured it out before she said it. 

mcrae, I'm pretty sure that the New Odd Couple was canceled so......

In the intro I thought the "big announcement" was yet another chapter in the freak show masquerading as a love story between the Osbournes, but when Julie gave Aisha the floor I knew what the unfortunate news was. I'm mad she's leaving before they do their Lip Synch Battle for Halloween. Girl, you'd better pop in for the show and do a mean Grace Jones "Pull Up to the Bumper" performance. LOL.

Oh. Too bad for Matthew Perry and the cast, but that means Yvette's free. :)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, rmcrae said:

In the words of Florida Evans "Damn, damn, DAMN!" Aisha was my fave co-host and imagining the show without her is pretty tough. At least she won't have to put up with Sharon's bullshit anymore. In a perfect world Sharon would be the one leaving, but alas.

I don't know if she's still on The New Odd Couple or has a new gig, but I enjoyed Yvette Nicole Brown when she guest co-hosted in the past and think she'd be a good replacement.

Love her to death, but yes, the hyperventilating was a bit much. She's been through a lot over the last year or so and leaned on her co-hosts to help her during the tough times so I can see why she'd be emotional about leaving. And she's also a self-confessed spaz so when she gets emotional it's a bit over the top.

I LOVE her!!  In a perfect world, they'd send "Mrs. O." down the road & hire Yvette.  She's a smart as they come, but not over the top.  I love her in The Odd Couple, but I don't think it's a full-time gig for her.  The last I heard, she was caring for an elderly parent & I don't know if that's still "on her plate". 

• Love 2

Aicha is just too classy for this crap and Yvette does not need that shit on her life, imo.

Laila Ali would be a strong replacement if the show is looking for another outspoken smart woman.

Plus, I am totally down for Laila correcting the two dumb bitches there. ;-)

• Love 2

I kinda believed Aisha when she said it all kind of hit her as she was sitting there explaining the reasons for her leaving to the audience there and at home. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Sad to see her go. She had her faults but I liked how she'd play devil's advocate and see things from different perspectives. I don't know who I'd pick for Aisha's replacement but I do know that I don't want it to be Carnie "Debbie Downer" Wilson. At least we'll have to get used to just one new co-host instead of half the table. That's the one fortunate part, I guess.

Edited by mayaluv17
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I LOVE her!!  In a perfect world, they'd send "Mrs. O." down the road & hire Yvette.  She's a smart as they come, but not over the top.  I love her in The Odd Couple, but I don't think it's a full-time gig for her.  The last I heard, she was caring for an elderly parent & I don't know if that's still "on her plate". 

She was on Community when she made the decision to leave and care for her father who had dementia a few years ago.

4 hours ago, mayaluv17 said:

Sad to see her go. She had her faults but I liked how she'd play devil's advocate and see things from different perspectives. I don't know who I'd pick for Aisha's replacement but I do know that I don't want it to be Carnie "Debbie Downer" Wilson. At least we'll have to get used to just one new co-host instead of half the table. That's the one fortunate part, I guess.

Like the carousel of co-hosts the first few months of season 2. Sheryl was there from day 1, but then there was Molly Shannon, Kris Jenner, Kimora Lee, etc. The vibe was off, but I was surprised to see Kris do a good job co-hosting. Not saying I want her as Aisha's replacement though. It sucks that TPTB did what they did to Holly. I'd love to have her back.

• Love 4
(edited)

Good for Aisha. And I will miss her on the show. But I also think she has outgrown the show.  This was the only time I've seen Sharon so caring and happy towards Aisha. Of course, we all know it's because she is elated Aisha is leaving.

Criminal Minds must be paying her more.

Edited by rags
  • Love 5

When I realized Aisha's announcement was that she was leaving I even said out loud that I wasn't sure I'd want to watch anymore. I used to like Sheryl more but her desperate for sex and men act has been getting unbearable especially after her behavior during the entire Daytime Emmys webcast that was shown live online. She spent the whole show saying overly sexual and suggestive things about Mario Lopez until the end. Even joking about spying on him through a hole in the wall. I'm not even a fan of his really and her behavior made me feel sorry for him. I think we all wish Sharon would take a one way flight on her broomstick off the show. Sarah and Julie don't bother me as much.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Jaded said:

When I realized Aisha's announcement was that she was leaving I even said out loud that I wasn't sure I'd want to watch anymore. I used to like Sheryl more but her desperate for sex and men act has been getting unbearable especially after her behavior during the entire Daytime Emmys webcast that was shown live online. She spent the whole show saying overly sexual and suggestive things about Mario Lopez until the end. Even joking about spying on him through a hole in the wall. I'm not even a fan of his really and her behavior made me feel sorry for him. 

Me too, re the last point. If a male had treated his female co-host the way that Sheryl did Mario Lopez chances are they would have gotten suspended, if not fired altogether. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I like Sheryl for the most part but her attempts at being funny at times are stereotypical and patronizing.

too bad, she had a hell of a life story and is better than that, imo.

I wish Sarah would put her foot down and act like the EA that she is. She is kind and level headed and need to speak up more.

fire the red dragon already!

Does she have a fan base?

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

I like Sheryl for the most part but her attempts at being funny at times are stereotypical and patronizing.

I wish Sarah would put her foot down and act like the EA that she is. She is kind and level headed and need to speak up more.

Bad-mouth her on The Talk's Facebook page & find out ... LOL.

• Love 1

I really enjoyed Yvette when she "co-hosted" on the short-lived Jeff Probst show.

I rarely watched his show (a hottie with the most adorable dimples, but not that great a talk show host imo), but remember seeing Yvette co-hosting there too. She's co-hosted his show, The View, The Talk, The Real, etc. The Universe is sayin' something! ;)

21 hours ago, rags said:

Good for Aisha. And I will miss her on the show. But I also think she has outgrown the show.  This was the only time I've seen Sharon so caring and happy towards Aisha. Of course, we all know it's because she is elated Aisha is leaving.

Criminal Minds must be paying her more.

Sharon doesn't "get" black women who don't put on the "shuckin' and jivin'" routine Sheryl puts on. Sharon said in an interview a few years ago that Holly took her aside after the show and said she didn't like Sharon using the word "ghetto" so often. Sharon acted like Holly was in the wrong. Idiot.

12 hours ago, Jaded said:

When I realized Aisha's announcement was that she was leaving I even said out loud that I wasn't sure I'd want to watch anymore. I used to like Sheryl more but her desperate for sex and men act has been getting unbearable especially after her behavior during the entire Daytime Emmys webcast that was shown live online. She spent the whole show saying overly sexual and suggestive things about Mario Lopez until the end. Even joking about spying on him through a hole in the wall. I'm not even a fan of his really and her behavior made me feel sorry for him. I think we all wish Sharon would take a one way flight on her broomstick off the show. Sarah and Julie don't bother me as much.

5 hours ago, LIMOM said:

As long as the red dragon lady is still around, Sara ain't runnin' shit. Even if we were permanently free of that hag Sara would still be meek and keep her head down. It's her nature, I'm afraid.

Oh, I forgot to comment on your suggestion that they hire Laila Ali. I've seen her on the show a few times before and she seems like she'd be a good fit. I bet Sharon would think twice before making faces at her like she does Aisha. Then again, the woman is dumb. LOL.

• Love 5
(edited)

The reason why I suggested Laila is because she is not only a strong minded woman, she is also a bit younger as well.

I like hearing what Sara has to say as she is much younger and has a really different POV from the other hosts.

whomever they hire has to be able to stand up to Julie and Sharon.

I wish that Julie would realize that her power is detrimental to the show.

Plus, her perspective is old and tired imo. Sharon is too busy kissing ass and domineering on the set. She is too much imo.

SHe is very much the British Kris Jenner. I don't get why she has supporters/fans.

Perhaps they could take a chance on a relatively unknown.

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 2
(edited)

No to Laila. I don't think she would do well on a talk show with others. Yvette would do well I think. Carnie would be good too.

Edited by rcc
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, slasherboy said:

Would you elaborate on this please?  I'm not sure what you mean but want to.  Thanks.

Since Leah and Holly got fired, I get the vibes that somehow the new co-hosts are incredibly differential toward Julie.

Sharon is always kissing her ass.

Lets face it, if they piss off Julie, they are out the door, imo.

Julie is after all Leslie's wife.

Barbara Walters was pulling ranks from time to time.  But, I don't think that Joy Behar for example, was worried about losing her job for disagreeing with her.

It is uncomfortable at times to watch, imo.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, rcc said:

No to Laila. I don't think she would do well on a talk show with others. Yvette would do well I think. Carnie would be good too.

Carnie is A bit of a Debbie Downer and a bit too much, imo.

Sara is the only down person needed on this show, imo. Sara is extremely funny at times and I like that she genuinely stands up for the downridden. In addition, she is super self deprecative. Can't wait to see her again on Roseanne.

• Love 2
(edited)

It would be great if they could find a youngish educated Latina.

I feel that Latino are under-represented on the networks and I am interested in seeing diversity.

I totally agree with Rags that whomever will take over that spot is going to go thru hell.

I hope that they do not do what Kelly did and have a bunch of try ons and then end up with a boring safe choice.

Eva Longoria would be my pick, if CBS is willing to spend the money.

She is well liked in Hollywood, Educated and would not get intimidated, imo.

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

It would be great if they could find a youngish educated Latina.

I feel that Latino are under-represented on the networks and I am interested in seeing diversity.

I totally agree with Rags that whomever will take over that spot is going to go thru hell.

I hope that they do not do what Kelly did and have a bunch of try ons and then end up with a boring safe choice.

Eva Longoria would be my pick, if CBS is willing to spend the money.

She is well liked in Hollywood, Educated and would not get intimidated, imo.

Yes, yes, a million times & I'd dare SO to take her on.  Eva would chew her up & spit her out!!!  LOL.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

I can't see her doing this, it would be such a step down.

Although I do agree, a Latina would be a great choice.  

She recently got married and might be in a time in her life where she might be willing to do a talk show.

I feel like her willingness to educate people to the Latino experience, might attract her to a show like this.

I am always incredibly impressed with her poise and the way she relates what she knows.

it is a long shot but if CBS and Eva could come to an understanding and a financial deal. They would dominate the field.

• Love 2
Just now, LIMOM said:

I feel like her willingness to educate people to the Latino experience, might attract her to a show like this.

That is not what's going to happen.  Julie will talk about the latest compelling Kardashian antics (and by talk about I mean read off of blue index cards), turn to the audience and say "What would you do?".

I cannot see EL signing up for that bullshit (and sitting next to Sharon) on a daily basis.

• Love 2
On 6/16/2017 at 8:56 PM, Medicine Crow said:

I really enjoyed Yvette when she "co-hosted" on the short-lived Jeff Probst show.

I did too.  That was the first time I had seen a lot of her.  She could have a show or her own.   I adore this woman.  

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

That is not what's going to happen.  Julie will talk about the latest compelling Kardashian antics (and by talk about I mean read off of blue index cards), turn to the audience and say "What would you do?".

I cannot see EL signing up for that bullshit (and sitting next to Sharon) on a daily basis.

In my head, they would fire Sharon.

but you are absolutely right. CBS has a history of cheapness and from what I see on the talk Facebook, I think that their audience is looking for something easy peazy.

Sharon is so vulgar and boorish, I secretly hope that Ambien sues her ass for the comments that she made about their brand, recently.

I will stick to Wendy Williams for the trash.;-)

• Love 2
On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 7:21 PM, LIMOM said:

Since Leah and Holly got fired, I get the vibes that somehow the new co-hosts are incredibly differential toward Julie.

Sharon is always kissing her ass.

Lets face it, if they piss off Julie, they are out the door, imo.

Julie is after all Leslie's wife.

Barbara Walters was pulling ranks from time to time.  But, I don't think that Joy Behar for example, was worried about losing her job for disagreeing with her.

It is uncomfortable at times to watch, imo.

I notice the other hosts kissing Sharon's ass. Yes, they kiss Julie's from time to time as well, but Sharon is the only host who is always allowed to speak first (no matter what the subject is) and every non-story about her from The Daily Mail or one of the other rags is discussed at length like everyone gives a shit. She's gotten the show in a lot of hot water over the years and all she does is give a half-assed apology and keep it moving. Sharon has to have something on Julie and Les, because most networks would've thrown back into what gutter she came from long ago. Leah said in her book that those two hated each other, but since that was in the show's first season I guess CBS didn't want to risk firing a main co-host so early in the show. Hell, I would take Marissa Jaret Winokur back over Sharon any day. For those who don't remember she was the "mom on the street" who would pop in for a segment every blue moon.

Speaking of Latinas, what'd you guys think of Cristela Alonzo guest hosting today?

• Love 4

I love Eva Longoria. I know she can't be making money like when she was on Desperate Housewives, so I could see her doing a talkshow. I always hoped The View might approach her every time they had a seat to fill the past few years, but it's much easier to step into controversy on that show. The Talk might be a safe bet for a celebrity like her.

But, personally, I'm hoping they hire Kris Jenner just to guarantee I never have any reason to watch this show again.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, rmcrae said:

I notice the other hosts kissing Sharon's ass. Yes, they kiss Julie's from time to time as well, but Sharon is the only host who is always allowed to speak first (no matter what the subject is) and every non-story about her from The Daily Mail or one of the other rags is discussed at length like everyone gives a shit. She's gotten the show in a lot of hot water over the years and all she does is give a half-assed apology and keep it moving. Sharon has to have something on Julie and Les, because most networks would've thrown back into what gutter she came from long ago. Leah said in her book that those two hated each other, but since that was in the show's first season I guess CBS didn't want to risk firing a main co-host so early in the show. Hell, I would take Marissa Jaret Winokur back over Sharon any day. For those who don't remember she was the "mom on the street" who would pop in for a segment every blue moon.

Speaking of Latinas, what'd you guys think of Cristela Alonzo guest hosting today?

Cristela never did anything to me, but I don't like her.  She seems like an okay person, but ....

35 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I love Eva Longoria. I know she can't be making money like when she was on Desperate Housewives, so I could see her doing a talkshow. I always hoped The View might approach her every time they had a seat to fill the past few years, but it's much easier to step into controversy on that show. The Talk might be a safe bet for a celebrity like her.

But, personally, I'm hoping they hire Kris Jenner just to guarantee I never have any reason to watch this show again.

You & me both!!!

• Love 5
9 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I actually think that Kris Jenner is better at hosting than Sharon. Sharon just rubs me the wrong way.

I don't get how she got her daughter on Fashion Police with Joan Rivers. That kid was so obnoxious, knew nothing about Fashion, Hollywood or life in general.

I have to give it to Sharon, she rode that momentum from her reality show which I use to watch and enjoy:-(

• Love 1
9 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Julie and Sharon hating each other?

While Julie is not my favorite , she used to be a decent anchor and journalist back in New York.

I hated when she started hosting the big brother show but I guess she is no longer interested in journalism.

She interned at CBS with Andy Cohen.

the only dirt I can see Sharon having,  has to do with how she was the jump off but everyone knew it. Is Julie cheating on him, now?

I think that Sharon works for cheap and terrorizes people with her mouth.

• Love 2
On 6/18/2017 at 11:21 PM, Blissfool said:

Laila is way too serious, not much of a sense of humor.

She would be terrible as a host.  Humorless and seems haughty though I don't necessarily think she is.   Just seems so. 

Sara Gilbert is the creator of this show and may have the last word.  Sure Julie is the star and Sara would not approve anyone who would not be a good fit for her but she will consider everyone.   My guess is a season of trial co hosts.  

• Love 4
(edited)

Cristela never did anything to me, but I don't like her.  She seems like an okay person, but ....

She just rubs you the wrong way? I've been there.

23 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Cristela....I liked her on her sitcom, but she tries too hard when she's on talk shows.

This was the second time I'd seen her (never heard of her before she was a guest on the show a week or so ago) and although I liked that she wasn't the type that had to be prodded to speak, she did need to dial it back some.

14 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Julie and Sharon hating each other?

While Julie is not my favorite , she used to be a decent anchor and journalist back in New York.

I hated when she started hosting the big brother show but I guess she is no longer interested in journalism.

She interned at CBS with Andy Cohen.

the only dirt I can see Sharon having,  has to do with how she was the jump off but everyone knew it. Is Julie cheating on him, now?

I think that Sharon works for cheap and terrorizes people with her mouth.

Yup. I wrote about it on page 8 if you're interested. Never could stand Sharon in the first place and reading what Leah said about her made me dislike her even more. I don't know where she's been the last two shows, but I hope she stays there tomorrow. They have another guest host on Thursday. Laura Benanti is her name.

According to Julie, she didn't want to host BB, but the network said if she refused it would be an act of insubordination. I was 12 going on 13 when that show started so I knew nothing about her former journalism career. As a matter of fact, the only reason I gave The Talk a chance was because I knew Holly Robinson Peete better than the others.

Oh, speaking of Mummy's Little (Purple) Witch, did you see her on Daytime Divas last night? Even when she's playing herself she can't act to save her life.

What about Alyssa Milano as a possible replacement? I loved her when she guest hosted during Sara's maternity leave and she's having financial issues so she could use the money.

Edited by rmcrae
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, rmcrae said:

She just rubs you the wrong way? I've been there.

This was the second time I'd seen her (never heard of her before she was a guest on the show a week or so ago) and although I liked that she wasn't the type that had to be prodded to speak, she did need to dial it back some.

Yup. I wrote about it on page 8 if you're interested. Never could stand Sharon in the first place and reading what Leah said about her made me dislike her even more. I don't know where she's been the last two shows, but I hope she stays there tomorrow. They have another guest host on Thursday. Laura Benanti is her name.

According to Julie, she didn't want to host BB, but the network said if she refused it would be an act of insubordination. I was 12 going on 13 when that show started so I knew nothing about her former journalism career. As a matter of fact, the only reason I gave The Talk a chance was because I knew Holly Robinson Peete better than the others.

Oh, speaking of Mummy's Little (Purple) Witch, did you see her on Daytime Divas last night? Even when she's playing herself she can't act to save her life.

What about Alyssa Milano as a possible replacement? I loved her when she guest hosted during Sara's maternity leave and she's having financial issues so she could use the money.

Julie is full of shit. She sold out. She moved out to the west coast and decided to become something different.

I have to get Leah's book.  I understand that she also accused some of her cohosts to be bigoted.

Yes, I saw her on the Divas. Lol.

at least she has a sense of humour.

Alyssa Milano would be a safe choice plus I read somewhere that she was robbed by her manager and is eager to work.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Julie is full of shit. She sold out. She moved out to the west coast and decided to become something different.

I have to get Leah's book.  I understand that she also accused some of her cohosts to be bigoted.

Yes, I saw her on the Divas. Lol.

at least she has a sense of humour.

Alyssa Milano would be a safe choice plus I read somewhere that she was robbed by her manager and is eager to work.

It was Sharon who made the bigoted remark. Definitely check it out. Not only for The Talk drama, but the Scientology drama too. I used to feel bad for them and thought the media was unfairly ragging on a religion they didn't understand, but my eyes have been opened to what is really going on in that cult thanks to the folks who managed to escape.

Thank the Lord the red hair dragon lady isn't my kin: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/3854417/sharon-osbournes-niece-left-in-tears-after-stripper-the-x-factor-judge-booked-put-his-willy-on-her-head-during-hen-party/.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, rmcrae said:

It was Sharon who made the bigoted remark. Definitely check it out. Not only for The Talk drama, but the Scientology drama too. I used to feel bad for them and thought the media was unfairly ragging on a religion they didn't understand, but my eyes have been opened to what is really going on in that cult thanks to the folks who managed to escape.

Thank the Lord the red hair dragon lady isn't my kin: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/3854417/sharon-osbournes-niece-left-in-tears-after-stripper-the-x-factor-judge-booked-put-his-willy-on-her-head-during-hen-party/.

Wow. Now I understand why Aicha said when Sharon made the Ambien comments, "I can't say that but you can".

I read a bit about Sharon and she is always working. Here and England. She is so uncouth, everywhere.

She seems like the type of person who pushes and pushes and she will go too far one day on the air and will get fired.

I expect a N bomb or something similar will do her in....

• Love 3

It's so nice when the She Devil isn't there. They can discuss serious issues easier without having to do with her stupid comments and bizarre opinions.

I was proud of Aisha's comments about Cosby today. It's the kind of thing that's going to make me miss her even more after she leaves.

I wonder if the next few weeks are going to be pre-taped since they commented on so many people that are going to be upcoming guests at the end of today's show?

• Love 3
17 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Wow. Now I understand why Aicha said when Sharon made the Ambien comments, "I can't say that but you can".

I read a bit about Sharon and she is always working. Here and England. She is so uncouth, everywhere.

She seems like the type of person who pushes and pushes and she will go too far one day on the air and will get fired.

I expect a N bomb or something similar will do her in....

What did Sharon say about Ambien?

Yep, no matter where the witch's broom takes her, she's tacky, classless and an all around waste of space.

3 hours ago, Jaded said:

It's so nice when the She Devil isn't there. They can discuss serious issues easier without having to do with her stupid comments and bizarre opinions.

I was proud of Aisha's comments about Cosby today. It's the kind of thing that's going to make me miss her even more after she leaves.

I wonder if the next few weeks are going to be pre-taped since they commented on so many people that are going to be upcoming guests at the end of today's show?

And her cruel attempts at humor too.

I don't think they start pre-taping shows until the middle of July.

GO, AISHA! *drops the mic*

• Love 2
15 hours ago, rmcrae said:

What did Sharon say about Ambien?

Yep, no matter where the witch's broom takes her, she's tacky, classless and an all around waste of space.

And her cruel attempts at humor too.

I don't think they start pre-taping shows until the middle of July.

GO, AISHA! *drops the mic*

They were discussing Tiger Wood's latest DUI and Aisha was talking about how some people are under the influence 

of certain sleeping aids and Sharon blurted out the name: "Ambien".

She must have the entire CBS legal team on the edge.

I agree with Aicha regarding many, many women issues and once again she took a stand on Thursday to stand with PP.

For that reason alone,  I will support Ms Tyler.

IMG_0257.PNG

• Love 2