Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

• Start Topic

It is very subtle. She always has an exasperated  expression when Aisha is speaking or sharing an opinion. Her body language tells me that she does not care for her.

It's been evident since almost day one.  Just sayin'.  (Sharon is a monumental bitch!!)

• Love 2

It's been evident since almost day one.  Just sayin'.  (Sharon is a monumental bitch!!)

That is true...Sharon is just awful..If she could get rid of Aisha without any backlash on her part..She would do it...Look at what she did to Holly Robinson-Peete and Leah Remini. She ran those two off the show...She is a piece of work and says the most outrageous things and nothing ever happens to her...That rape comment about Theresa from the Jersey Housewife franchise was beyond the pale...

• Love 4

That is true...Sharon is just awful..If she could get rid of Aisha without any backlash on her part..She would do it...Look at what she did to Holly Robinson-Peete and Leah Remini. She ran those two off the show...She is a piece of work and says the most outrageous things and nothing ever happens to her...That rape comment about Theresa from the Jersey Housewife franchise was beyond the pale...

Does Sharon really have that much power? And if so, why? I'd always heard that Julie Chen was the one who got Holly and Leah fired because she didn't like them (and felt threatened by Holly Robinson Peete). 

• Love 3

Does Sharon really have that much power? And if so, why? I'd always heard that Julie Chen was the one who got Holly and Leah fired because she didn't like them (and felt threatened by Holly Robinson Peete). 

Although I'd love to say Sharon was the catalyst, I believe it was Julie who didn't like the Leah/Holly hijinks.

• Love 1

I think it was in conjunction with Julie Chen....I do think Julie had the final say, she is the boss' wife..Sarah was too chicken shit to say anything....If you watch the last show that they were all together, you can definitely see that there was a shift between all them..You have Sarah, Julie and Sarah on one side and Holly and Leah on another side..Leah and Holly got into an impromptu food fight at the end of the show and it was very funny. However, you can see that the other ladies were not pleased at all..They forgot that they were on TV and the camera panned to them and you can see their reactions. I personally feel that their fates were sealed after that.. The Holly/Leah dynamic was comedic gold, and they were funnier than the resident comedienne at the table.. However, Julie Chen takes herself so seriously as a so-called journalist, commenting on celebrity gossip. The talk is not meet the press, for God's sake....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
(edited)

I admit to not watching the 2nd season after finding out they fired Holly and Leah. At the time Leah's departure didn't bother me as much since she was still a Scientologist which probably sounds bad I know. I started giving the show a chance again during the 3rd season and ended up watching again full time. I'm not really a fan of Sharon either and try to tune her out as best I can. If she had never married Ozzy I'm pretty sure nobody would care about her now. Her judgmental attitude is just awful and didn't seem as bad when they had their reality show on MTV which I was a viewer of. Even though getting rid of Holly and Leah pissed me off I like having Aisha on the show and have grown to really like Sheryl too. Learning about her personal history really explained why she acts the way she does at times. 

I go back and forth on Julie. I like that she's loosened up a lot since her first few years as the host of Big Brother though and that she's shared personal stuff about herself like the eye lifting surgery she had because of things former employers and etc. said to her and the family history stories. She still peeves me off at times but nowhere near the levels Sharon does. Sara just seems like she's there most of the time and will comment when needed but she just doesn't seem as outspoken as the others. I do wonder if she's different off screen. 

Even though a lot of fluff topics get discussed on the show I kind of like that they don't try to cover politics and leave that to The View. It's The View's fault that they are doing a piss poor job of handling political discussions for the most part when they used to be a lot better at that. With the exception of Sharon's nasty comments the discussions don't seem to get as catty on The Talk either which I'm sure could change if they started sharing their religious and political beliefs as much as The View hosts do. 

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 6

Well said, Jaded! Though The Talk didn't do gossip season 1, they've always steered clear of political topics and it was a smart choice.

I read Leah's book a few months ago and from what she said Sharon did have a lot of pull behind the scenes, but it wasn't until she teamed up with Julie that she and Holly were given the boot. I don't want to spoil it all for anyone who hasn't read the book, but Leah said that initially Sharon and Julie didn't get along because of Sharon's antics/diva demands. Leah and Holly both persuaded Sharon to stay on the show when she threatened to quit halfway through the season and doing so bit them both in the ass during a dinner with the hosts and their families. Not long after that she got the call from her agent that her contract hadn't been renewed. She could've gone into even more detail, but chose not to because she'd be playing into their hands and giving them what they wanted. I remember seeing a photo of Sharon and Leah hugging outside of the dance studio when Leah and Jack Osbourne were both on Dancing With the Stars a couple of years ago and not long after she made a dig at Leah on a talk show. That woman is beyond foul.  

• Love 5

Well said, Jaded! Though The Talk didn't do gossip season 1, they've always steered clear of political topics and it was a smart choice.

I read Leah's book a few months ago and from what she said Sharon did have a lot of pull behind the scenes, but it wasn't until she teamed up with Julie that she and Holly were given the boot. I don't want to spoil it all for anyone who hasn't read the book, but Leah said that initially Sharon and Julie didn't get along because of Sharon's antics/diva demands. Leah and Holly both persuaded Sharon to stay on the show when she threatened to quit halfway through the season and doing so bit them both in the ass during a dinner with the hosts and their families. Not long after that she got the call from her agent that her contract hadn't been renewed. She could've gone into even more detail, but chose not to because she'd be playing into their hands and giving them what they wanted. I remember seeing a photo of Sharon and Leah hugging outside of the dance studio when Leah and Jack Osbourne were both on Dancing With the Stars a couple of years ago and not long after she made a dig at Leah on a talk show. That woman is beyond foul.  

come on tell us what happened at the dinner with the hosts and their families....I do remember that dig at Leah, it was about co-workers that she had nothing in common with...It was also about Holly...I remember Julie looked a bit apprehensive about her comment, because she knows that Sharon has no self-control...

• Love 4

When Leah arrived at the restaurant she saw Julie and Sharon deep in conversation and left them alone until everyone else got there. Once Sharon and Julie sat down (and Sharon had a few drinks) Sharon started in on Leah for showing concern about her busy work schedule. Leah said she did it because she cared about Sharon and Sharon said something to the effect of "you only care because you're a loser with nothing else going on in your life. You gonna send your lowlife mob family to off me?" Leah threatened to bash her upside the head with her iced tea before rushing outside and bursting into tears. The only person who went out to check up on and comfort her was Holly. 

I got it wrong about the interview. I know the one you're referring to when they went on Howard Stern's show and Sharon said Leah and Holly "didn't know themselves". The one I'm thinking of was when The Talk hosts appeared on Andy Cohen's talk show and he asked them if they'd ever have Leah or Holly back on the show as guests. Julie said if they had something to promote, they could and Sharon said "I think there's a job in catering!" and rolled her eyes. Leah mentioned that in her book too and made a promise to herself that she'd never speak ill of them no matter what they said about her or Holly.

• Love 5

When Leah arrived at the restaurant she saw Julie and Sharon deep in conversation and left them alone until everyone else got there. Once Sharon and Julie sat down (and Sharon had a few drinks) Sharon started in on Leah for showing concern about her busy work schedule. Leah said she did it because she cared about Sharon and Sharon said something to the effect of "you only care because you're a loser with nothing else going on in your life. You gonna send your lowlife mob family to off me?" Leah threatened to bash her upside the head with her iced tea before rushing outside and bursting into tears. The only person who went out to check up on and comfort her was Holly. 

I got it wrong about the interview. I know the one you're referring to when they went on Howard Stern's show and Sharon said Leah and Holly "didn't know themselves". The one I'm thinking of was when The Talk hosts appeared on Andy Cohen's talk show and he asked them if they'd ever have Leah or Holly back on the show as guests. Julie said if they had something to promote, they could and Sharon said "I think there's a job in catering!" and rolled her eyes. Leah mentioned that in her book too and made a promise to herself that she'd never speak ill of them no matter what they said about her or Holly.

Wow! Sharon is truly vile and nasty...There was a time on the talk when Sharon made a dig at them on the show.. I was not referring to their interview on Howard Stern...Sharon also said that Holly was not black enough and Holly implied on Wendy Williams that she was too uppity for Sharon, since she did not know her place..I hate Sharon Osbourne with the heat of a thousand sun..I also dislike Sara Gilbert for her cowardice..

• Love 6

Thanks, Apprentice & rmcrae for filling in the details of the dispute. Like both you, I also detest Sharon AND Sara for allowing her to continue on the show she created, despite all of Sharon's nastiness.

• Love 4

Thanks, Apprentice & rmcrae for filling in the details of the dispute. Like both you, I also detest Sharon AND Sara for allowing her to continue on the show she created, despite all of Sharon's nastiness.

They are always kissing Sharon's ass on the show...So, she must know where the bodies are buried..Even Julie, who is the boss' wife. Aisha has her number and does not let her get to her...I also heard that one of the reasons that Julie disliked Holly was because she was good friends with her husband's first wife....Holly and Les Moonves go way back..Even after she got fired from the show, she had a recurring role on a CBS show....

• Love 5
(edited)

Wow! Sharon is truly vile and nasty...There was a time on the talk when Sharon made a dig at them on the show.. I was not referring to their interview on Howard Stern...Sharon also said that Holly was not black enough and Holly implied on Wendy Williams that she was too uppity for Sharon, since she did not know her place..I hate Sharon Osbourne with the heat of a thousand sun..I also dislike Sara Gilbert for her cowardice..

Yeah, she didn't "know her place" which was living in Sharon's ass. I never understood why 1) Sharon was hired in the first place or 2) why everyone sucks up to her so much. Like a few other posters said, Mrs. O knows where the bodies are buried and will spill anyone's secrets who dares not go along her with her foolishness. As for Sara, Leah said she knew who really ran the show and chose not to make waves. I wish she'd gotten the balls to stand up for Leah and Holly, but alas.

You're welcome, MsTree. I never knew Holly was friends with Les's ex-wife, Apprentice. I heard that another reason Julie wanted Holly gone was because she didn't get to interview Oprah when she launched OWN. Oprah wasn't doing press at the time, but made an exception for Holly since they're friends and they had a one on one sitdown. If that's true, talk about petty.

Edited by rmcrae
  • Love 6
(edited)

Yeah, she didn't "know her place" which was living in Sharon's ass. I never understood why 1) Sharon was hired in the first place or 2) why everyone sucks up to her so much. Like a few other posters said, Mrs. O knows where the bodies are buried and will spill anyone's secrets who dares not go along her with her foolishness. As for Sara, Leah said she knew who really ran the show and chose not to make waves. I wish she'd gotten the balls to stand up for Leah and Holly, but alas.

You're welcome, MsTree. I never knew Holly was friends with Les's ex-wife, Apprentice. I heard that another reason Julie wanted Holly gone was because she didn't get to interview Oprah when she launched OWN. Oprah wasn't doing press at the time, but made an exception for Holly since they're friends and they had a one on one sitdown. If that's true, talk about petty.

I heard that too about the Oprah interview. Julie was fit to be tied after that slight on Oprah's part.. Plus, alot of the celebrity males would fawn over Holly because of her 21 jump street role..She was fabulous in that..It was an iconic role for her and launched her career..It was pure petty jealousy...Holly like Aisha is very poise, classy and intelligent...They would not dare get rid of Aisha now. Not even Mrs O. has that pull..Look at how she treats Aisha, her contempt for her is so obvious...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Yeah, she didn't "know her place" which was living in Sharon's ass. I never understood why 1) Sharon was hired in the first place or 2) why everyone sucks up to her so much. Like a few other posters said, Mrs. O knows where the bodies are buried and will spill anyone's secrets who dares not go along her with her foolishness

It's obvious now that everyone kisses Sharon's ass because (as you said), she "know where the bodies are buried...".  What a bitch! And I'd like to know where she gets all her information to spill anyone's secrets?!  My guess is that even if she didn't know, she'd make shit up because that's the kind of bitch she really is. Hate.

• Love 1

Didn't Sharon act like Aisha was just too-too last week?  I tuned in after not watching for a while and Aisha was talking about Ke$ha's case getting thrown out or a topic that was hot-buttony like that. Aisha was agreeing with a point Sharon had spoken on, but using different- not SAT- words. She was sort of going broader on the point than Sharon. Then Sharon stuck her pinky out on/near her nose and the audience just fell out.

I don't know or care if that's an eff you move or what, but Sharon made sure that she took focus back from Aisha and whatever else she felt Aisha did/said. Sharon did not understand and wasn't hearing Aisha tell her in the words "I'm agreeing with you."  That or she DGAF and wanted to shut Aisha down.

I think I am done with wanting to watch this. I love Aisha and Sheryl. Julie and Sara are cool. I just am tired of catching myself think "well, she seems okay today. That wasn't too awful" and other things along those lines. I am disappointed that Sara has allowed her idea for the show to be hijacked to be a platform for the benevolent dictatrix Sharon Osborne. If Julie has hitched her wagon to Sharon's mean girl wagon, well, I just hope Julie's got enough armor for when Sharon turns her vitriol on her. Les can only mitigate so much.

I peeked in to see if I missed anything fun, but alas. Same ol' same ol'. *sigh*

edited because a captal S is not a $.

Edited by Actionmage
  • Love 4

Sharon on this show and Whoopi on The View are two of a kind. Hateful, self absorbed women who intimidate and bully other members of their panels. I've stopped watching when Whoopi is on and I watch this show when Sharon is gone. Sara has no backbone and I think Julie is phony as hell. Sheryl annoys me most of the time but she is tolerable at least. Aisha is my favorite and it's obvious that Sharon dislikes her.

• Love 5

I watch it pretty regularly and come to think of it she hasn't mentioned her husband much this season. I know last season she still talked about him like they were together. I'm kind of surprised by this but at the same time not as much. They've been a couple since college so they could have just grown apart at least that's what I'd like to think. 

• Love 1

I think that her inability to give him a child played a factor into their separation..I am actually shocked. I have always liked Aisha and I wish her all the best in this difficult time in her life...

That was my first thought but I was hoping that wasn't the cause because it't not something in her control. She was so upset that time on the show trying to explain some of what they had done to try and get pregnant.

• Love 2

That was my first thought but I was hoping that wasn't the cause because it't not something in her control. She was so upset that time on the show trying to explain some of what they had done to try and get pregnant.

They waited so long to try and have a baby..I am not trying to blame her or anything....I remember how moving it was, when she shared her struggles to get pregnant and I had never seen Aisha so vulnerable...

• Love 2

I think that her inability to give him a child played a factor into their separation..I am actually shocked. I have always liked Aisha and I wish her all the best in this difficult time in her life...

It must have been hard for them considering how easy it is for a lot of forty-somethings to get pregnant.  (Gloria Vanderbilt was in her forties when she had Anderson Cooper.)  [My Mom was 45 when she had moi!!!]

• Love 2

It must have been hard for them considering how easy it is for a lot of forty-somethings to get pregnant.  (Gloria Vanderbilt was in her forties when she had Anderson Cooper.)  [My Mom was 45 when she had moi!!!]

How ironic! Aisha is 45 years old...I really like Aisha, she is intelligent and so articulate..I love to hear her talk and I like that her poise and intelligence gets under Sharon's skin...

• Love 4

They waited so long to try and have a baby..I am not trying to blame her or anything....I remember how moving it was, when she shared her struggles to get pregnant and I had never seen Aisha so vulnerable...

One of the entertainment programs (like ET) said that she even tried IVF but nothing took. Very sad for her separation, but she positively said that they would remain friends.

• Love 2

One of the entertainment programs (like ET) said that she even tried IVF but nothing took. Very sad for her separation, but she positively said that they would remain friends.

I believe her when she says that they will remain friends...

• Love 2

Aisha is a class act..Wow! she had me balling as she was confirming the truth about her impending divorce....I love her even more after this...I wish people were more like her when going through a divorce....I know it is a pipe dream, but, it would be nice..I loved her celebration of her relationship with her husband...Women like Aisha are very special....What a beautiful human being! inside and out....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

I felt so bad for Aisha today. 

Aisha is a class act..Wow! she had me balling as she was confirming the truth about her impending divorce....I love her even more after this...I wish people were more like her when going through a divorce....I know it is a pipe dream, but, it would be nice..I loved her celebration of her relationship with her husband...Women like Aisha are very special....What a beautiful human being! inside and out....

Oh man, that was hard to watch (through my tears).  I felt so bad for her & wish her & her husband nothing but the best.

• Love 2

Oh man, that was hard to watch (through my tears).  I felt so bad for her & wish her & her husband nothing but the best.

I am still flabbergasted by her graciousness...What a Lady! Her parents did a wonderful job...I have become more of a fan of hers...

• Love 4

Aww, what a shame!!!  She has spoken of him in the past year & seemed to hold him in the highest esteem.  Too bad.

I never doubted how much Aisha loved her husband, and she talks about him often (at least, she used to) on The Talk and on her podcast. But I've always felt that her husband resented her success. Not that he sits home eating bon-bons.--he's an attorney and manages her career. So he has his own shit. But Aisha used to joke about him not coming to any of her comedy shows or other jobs because he's "over" her comedy. I can understand not coming to every comedy show, but to come to NOTHING?????  It's not like that they have kids at home that he has to take care of. 

Speaking of kids, Aisha always said that she and her husband were on the same page when it came to not having kids. But she could have just been spouting the party line. 

I wonder why so many men have problems being the husbands of famous women. It rarely happens the other way. Are men's egos that fragile? (Of course, I could be completely off base. But I've listened to every episode of Aisha's podcast, listened to her on other people's podcasts, read her books, and I've met her in person, all of which make me feel like I know her intimately). I'm not a stalker, really. 

• Love 2

Damn! I missed it. Can anyone give a brief recap of what Aisha said please.

Thanks.

Here you go rcc.  YouTube video near the bottom.  (Brace yourself -- very sad!!!)

ETA:  Oops, sorry.  They showed a picture of her from the show today, but the video wasn't there.  I'll keep looking.

Edited by Medicine Crow

Here you go rcc.  YouTube video near the bottom.  (Brace yourself -- very sad!!!)

ETA:  Oops, sorry.  They showed a picture of her from the show today, but the video wasn't there.  I'll keep looking.

Thanks Medicine Crow. In that picture in your clip where Julie is hugging Aisha both Sheryl and Sara looked upset while Sharon had a smirk. What! On top of everything else Sharon is the type of person who delights in other people's misery. Maybe it's the photo but that's what it looks like to me.

• Love 2

I felt bad for Aisha. I do like her. The entire time she was speaking I couldn't help to notice everyone was tearing up. Yet, Sharon looked like she couldn't care less.

• Love 4

I never doubted how much Aisha loved her husband, and she talks about him often (at least, she used to) on The Talk and on her podcast. But I've always felt that her husband resented her success. Not that he sits home eating bon-bons.--he's an attorney and manages her career. So he has his own shit. But Aisha used to joke about him not coming to any of her comedy shows or other jobs because he's "over" her comedy. I can understand not coming to every comedy show, but to come to NOTHING?????  It's not like that they have kids at home that he has to take care of. 

Speaking of kids, Aisha always said that she and her husband were on the same page when it came to not having kids. But she could have just been spouting the party line. 

I wonder why so many men have problems being the husbands of famous women. It rarely happens the other way. Are men's egos that fragile? (Of course, I could be completely off base. But I've listened to every episode of Aisha's podcast, listened to her on other people's podcasts, read her books, and I've met her in person, all of which make me feel like I know her intimately). I'm not a stalker, really. 

I am a fan of Aisha's for life..I was indifferent to her before the talk..I was prepared to dislike her because she replaced Holly Robinson Peete who I adored immensely.  However,  she won me over with her earnestness and charisma. I have gotten to know her and I love who she has presented herself to be and today just elevated her to the stratosphere in my eyes..I wish her all the the joy and happiness in the world...What a Lady! 

I felt bad for Aisha. I do like her. The entire time she was speaking I couldn't help to notice everyone was tearing up. Yet, Sharon looked like she couldn't care less.

Sharon's a phony bitch and I cannot stand her....

• Love 2