Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

• Start Topic

I stopped watching the View because of their political slants (Um, Joy Behar is the WORST). I liked the Talk because they never went there but they seem to be slipping a little as of late. Please, no. Or I will not watch anymore. I get that they are probably mostly liberal (and I am conservative) and I enjoy their show and their 'talk' but talking religion and politics can ruin any good thing.

• Love 4

Why does Mariah Carey's fiancé care what she spends if it is her own money that she's spending? and he's a billionaire . It's not like she's spending and leaving him with no food or medicine or whatever as if he's poor.  That would be a different story

To quote Katt Williams and Chris rock (both who I love btw) ... "the tiger was ... BEING A TIGER!"

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, ari333 said:

Why does Mariah Carey's fiancé care what she spends if it is her own money that she's spending? and he's a billionaire . It's not like she's spending and leaving him with no food or medicine or whatever as if he's poor.  That would be a different story

Somehow I think that was just an excuse. I don't what it was that drove them apart, but money wasn't the central issue. Is Mariah a difficult person to deal with, or does she simply put on the diva persona when she's on-camera? e.g. on American Idol.

• Love 1

Man, THAT was a steamin' pile of B.S. Dr. Phil spewed about his "Courtroom Sciences" business that he started in 1989 to help lawyers "research" the jury pool.  The things he "said" they did with respect to researching jury members would not have been possible back then (without hordes of people investigating).  Not like now, with the internet & other access to private information.  I kind of like the show BULL, but I have a bad taste in my mouth knowing that Dr. $hil is behind it.  Just sayin'.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ari333 said:

Wow.  Thhe ladies went all out for Halloween. Sara's legs. She was so sexy. Nice change of pace.

I enjoyed it a lot more then the hot mess The Spew put on.

• Love 4

I appreciated that they mentioned the death of Florence Henderson the other day; as I remember, a number of talk/entertainment news shows did. And they should've since The Brady Bunch made her a pop culture icon.

But I think it was stretching things to call her "a friend of the show" when it's 2016 & the last (only?) time Florence Henderson was on the show was when they did the 80th birthday tribute to her, with some of her The Brady Bunch children, in 2014! To me, the "a friend of the show" designation should really only be used with guests who are on much more frequently than, like, once or twice.

Today's episode was new but not live and didn't mention it during the opening. They said Happy New Year and all but all the tepid topics were general in nature without being date specific.

I generally don't watch this because I can't stand Sharon, but, I turned it on today. Sharon wasn't on so I thought it would be all right.  The cohost was Khaled. I had only seen him once before on the View and couldn't make it thru because of all of the "you know what I'm saying".  He must have said it at least 15 times. Today I lasted about 10 minutes before I turned this show off for the same reason.  Someone needs to show him a tape of himself so he can count the number of times he says that.  It's annoying as hell.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I generally don't watch this because I can't stand Sharon, but, I turned it on today. Sharon wasn't on so I thought it would be all right.  The cohost was Khaled. I had only seen him once before on the View and couldn't make it thru because of all of the "you know what I'm saying".  He must have said it at least 15 times. Today I lasted about 10 minutes before I turned this show off for the same reason.  Someone needs to show him a tape of himself so he can count the number of times he says that.  It's annoying as hell.

I didn't see the episode, but I recently saw him on Rachel Ray (DJ Khaled is really doing up the daytime talk show thing). I think he gets really nervous speaking in public but covers it up with hip-hop, "You know what I'm sayin"-speak. I think he should work with someone (publicist? PR person? speech therapist?) to help his social anxiety and to find other ways to cope with his nervousness besides sounding like an idiot.  I'm not saying that hip-hop artists are idiots. DJ Khaled actually seems very insightful and forward-thinking. But when a person is on a platform like a talk show, and every sentence out of his mouth includes a slang phrase, it can make the person sound dumb. 

• Love 4

Wolfgang Puck telling Julie that CBS should get a better stove. lol She's lucky he didn't use the F-bomb like he did on live tv on the Home Shopping Network.

He cooks for the Oscars, owns restaurants, sells pots and pans, and that new contraption Aisha had a hard time with. I wonder if she was faking it or it really is hard to use. 

• Love 1
On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 1:58 PM, rcc said:

Wolfgang Puck telling Julie that CBS should get a better stove. lol She's lucky he didn't use the F-bomb like he did on live tv on the Home Shopping Network.

He cooks for the Oscars, owns restaurants, sells pots and pans, and that new contraption Aisha had a hard time with. I wonder if she was faking it or it really is hard to use. 

LOL! I skipped the cooking segment so I missed that unfortunately.

This past week has been so good without Sharon. I love when Carnie and Pat Harvey fill in since they're comfortable being on the panel and neither act like the know-it-all blowhard that is "Mrs. O".

• Love 4

I don't miss the cooking segments at all. It seemed like every show the previous two or three years ended with a cooking segment. This season has been much better without them in my opinion. They always tried to rush them and it's not like I got anything out of that three minutes that they allowed for the segments. The worst part was always Sharon or Sheryl involvement in the cooking. I ended up deleting the show from my dvr as soon as they came back to start a cooking segment. 

• Love 3
On 2/23/2017 at 6:40 PM, Gam2 said:

Who the heck is DJ Khalid? Should I know or care who he is?

I had no idea who he was either until my teenagers told me. Should you care who he is? YMMV

DJ Khaled is a big-time hip hop producer 

--BTW, I had no idea he was Palestinian. I always thought he was Latino

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 9:15 PM, Medicine Crow said:

Did anyone else notice Julie's upper lip today?  It looked swollen in the middle!!???

Didn't notice her lip, but I did notice that her hair looked better than usual. I feel like watching some of today's show On-Demand (damn being unable to use the FF button!) to see it.

I hope Sharon's recovering well, but please, don't rush back to the table anytime soon. PLEASE!

Edit: Silly me. I just realized your comment about Julie's lip was about Monday's show. lol.

Edited by rmcrae
  • Love 3

I watched Monday's rerun and don't know how I missed Julie's lip the first time. I don't know if she had a cold sore or what, but it was definitely odd looking.

No Sharon again! WOOT WOOT!

• Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 3:13 PM, rcc said:

Thanks for the link, rcc. My heart goes out to Sheryl whenever she talks about the traumas she's been through in her life. I don't know how she's still able to smile and have an open heart, but it's wonderful that she does.

Ugh, Sharon's back. I can't remember a time where any of the other hosts were away for a long period of time and they received tongue baths and standing O's when they returned. And on a shallow note, where did she get that ugly baggy skirt? Whoopi's closet?

• Love 3
7 hours ago, rcc said:

WTH was Sheryl wearing today (Thursday)!

That bright yellow hurt my eyes. lol

LOL! I like the bandana in her hair. Reminds me of this singer named Andra Day.

Another Sharon-free day! I liked Jessica Chastain's interview and will have to check out her new movie. I love WW2 stories. Especially about the brave people who stood up and saved as many victims from the Nazis as they could.

• Love 2

Friday was pink for Sheryl. I didn't care for the outfit. 

Leeza Gibbons sat in for the lady that I do not miss a bit. Leeza can guest host anytime. 

I'm not sure why the show didn't go further into that post by the teen loving her grandmother taking the pics of her grandpa at In and Out. The whole date night thing wasn't even what it was about. The teen posted the photo because every week the grandparents sent photos of them dining at In and Out in order to tease their son about moving to Seattle. They wanted him to know what he was missing since there was none in Seattle. It had nothing whatsoever to do with any date night. Not to mention I think that I read this story late last week. They are always so late with a hot topic that happened days ago and is no longer hot IMO.

• Love 2
On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 4:36 PM, Mikita said:

Friday was pink for Sheryl. I didn't care for the outfit. 

Leeza Gibbons sat in for the lady that I do not miss a bit. Leeza can guest host anytime. 

I'm not sure why the show didn't go further into that post by the teen loving her grandmother taking the pics of her grandpa at In and Out. The whole date night thing wasn't even what it was about. The teen posted the photo because every week the grandparents sent photos of them dining at In and Out in order to tease their son about moving to Seattle. They wanted him to know what he was missing since there was none in Seattle. It had nothing whatsoever to do with any date night. Not to mention I think that I read this story late last week. They are always so late with a hot topic that happened days ago and is no longer hot IMO.

Leeza was great. She's filled in a few times before and done a good job. What'd you think about Sylvester Stallone's wife co-hosting today? I'd never seen her before, but enjoyed her. I like guest co-hosts who know how to interact with the others without hogging the conversation or being prodded to say more than 2 words.

5 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

It's barely lukewarm!  I love the Prison Break actors, such nice guys!

I don't know what rock I've been under, but I only found out Prison Break was back on the air when Dominic Purcell and Wentworth Miller were on last week. I never watched the show, but have always had a thing for Dominic. That accent! *swoon*

• Love 1

The first 30 minutes of the show was interrupted by the local news for me today. When I tuned in, I had no idea who the co-host was. I did enjoy Christine Baranski but I don't even plan on catching the entire show on demand. Mostly due to the blah hot topics.lol

I enjoyed Prison Break the first 2 seasons. After that it was forced watching on my part. I just had to finish the series no matter how bad it got. That said, I'm looking forward to seeing the show again. I love Dominic and Wentworth too. 

• Love 2

Ugh, the witch is back. Seeing her reminded me of something she said last week. They were talking about fighting with former co-workers and Sharon said she fought with two. One used to be on the show and another was when she judged a talent show in the UK. She was definitely talking about Leah and one would think it better to leave that alone since Leah wrote about the nasty things Sharon said to her in her book, but of course Mrs. O can do no wrong. *eye roll* The second was the sister of Kylie Minogue, Dannii. I watched some videos on YouTube during that time and Sharon went very much out of her way to rip the woman to shreds. Making fun of her cosmetic surgery (melting pot meet kettle), her limited vocal ability (since Sharon is like England's version of Celine Dion herself) and more. Vile.

I am definitely tuned in for the 17th when Oprah comes on. Technically it'll be the first time she's been on The Talk set, but not the first time she's been interviewed for the show. *cough*HOLLY!*cough*

• Love 4
(edited)

Oh I'm sure she will show up for that one! 

Now I feel bad for Kelly. 

I do recall that back when Holly got Oprah to do that interview for the show with her, that there were rumors that Julie was upset that she didn't get the Oprah interview. I remember commenting that the only reason Oprah agreed to an interview at all was because she was friends with Holly. So why in the world would Julie get to interview her, just because she's a reporter? Silly woman.smh

Edited by Mikita
  • Love 6

Ok. I love Sheryl BUT she should really watch her comments. When talking about Mel B's jerk-husband, she was really aggressive with her comments and insinuated killing the jerk and referred to it as tbe Underwood Divorce Policy.  Ummmmm.....didn't Sheryl's husband die. I am SURE there was nothing fishy with her husband's death, but I'm just saying she should think twice about what she says being that it may hit too close to home and might upset her husband's family.

Also, Julie made it a point to say that The Talk does not condone violence, but Sheryl went all rogue saying that it's HER opinion, not CBS's.

• Love 2
On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 7:52 PM, Mikita said:

Oh I'm sure she will show up for that one! 

Now I feel bad for Kelly. 

I do recall that back when Holly got Oprah to do that interview for the show with her, that there were rumors that Julie was upset that she didn't get the Oprah interview. I remember commenting that the only reason Oprah agreed to an interview at all was because she was friends with Holly. So why in the world would Julie get to interview her, just because she's a reporter? Silly woman.smh

Exactly. Julie's had a successful career and all, but I think she views herself as CBS's version of Barbara Walters or Diane Sawyer so if a guest will only sit down with one of the hosts, it should be her. Even if said person is close friends with another host. Had Holly not been fired Oprah would've appeared on the show with all of them a long time ago. Well better late than never.

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 9:40 PM, Blissfool said:

Ok. I love Sheryl BUT she should really watch her comments. When talking about Mel B's jerk-husband, she was really aggressive with her comments and insinuated killing the jerk and referred to it as tbe Underwood Divorce Policy.  Ummmmm.....didn't Sheryl's husband die. I am SURE there was nothing fishy with her husband's death, but I'm just saying she should think twice about what she says being that it may hit too close to home and might upset her husband's family.

Also, Julie made it a point to say that The Talk does not condone violence, but Sheryl went all rogue saying that it's HER opinion, not CBS's.

Although I didn't think Sheryl meant any harm, she shouldn't have said that. She gets too carried away trying to be funny sometimes. As for her husband, yes, he died, but he committed suicide. Jumped off the roof of a parking garage after unsuccessfully attempting suicide by overdosing on pills.

Interesting Julie would say the show doesn't condone violence when Sharon made fun of the man who was castrated and had his severed penis thrown into the garbage disposal by his ex and she once laughed about kicking a security guard between the legs when he wouldn't let her into someone else's dressing room. A real gem, that one.

• Love 8

I like Sara being the moderator. I actually think that I like her better than Aisha! It was so unusual to see her do it, especially two days in a row. She did a nice job. It was really weird seeing three guest hosts on Friday's show though. Just Sara and Sheryl, who rarely misses her "CBS job". 

I forgot to record today's show, so I will catch it on demand later.

• Love 4
On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:55 PM, Mikita said:

I like Sara being the moderator. I actually think that I like her better than Aisha! It was so unusual to see her do it, especially two days in a row. She did a nice job. It was really weird seeing three guest hosts on Friday's show though. Just Sara and Sheryl, who rarely misses her "CBS job". 

I forgot to record today's show, so I will catch it on demand later.

I feel a bit guilty for saying it, but I thought Sara would be a boring moderator. I like her as a panelist and appreciate her reserved, soft-spoken demeanor, but I didn't think she'd be engaging enough to moderate. Then again Chenbot's not the most animated moderator either, but I still like her. Anyway, Sara did a good job. She, Aisha and Sheryl have all done well in the mod's seat except for the Mrs. with her damn "abracadabra" magic trick hand movements and screwing everything up.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 2:36 AM, Jaded said:

The last time Mrs. O was on this week she made another crack about a certain hairdresser again. She's so trashy.

Yup. I'm sure they will be more insults about the hairdresser when Kelly comes on to promote her book.

• Love 2

Sharon and Julie are the biggest hypocrites on the planet. Check out their backgrounds and you'll see. And Julie reading the "headlines" in her most dramatic voice as if these were really IMPORTANT topics and questions? Give me a freaking break. Morons.

• Love 5
On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 6:31 PM, Gam2 said:

Sharon and Julie are the biggest hypocrites on the planet. Check out their backgrounds and you'll see. And Julie reading the "headlines" in her most dramatic voice as if these were really IMPORTANT topics and questions? Give me a freaking break. Morons.

I know how Sharon's a hypocrite, but how is Julie? I think Julie's dramatic reading of the teleprompter is annoying sometimes, but I'd gladly take that over a poor moderator barely getting through the most simple sentences while waving her hands like a magician (looking at Mrs. O) or another who's too lazy and/or stoned to comprehend half of what she's reading.

OPRAAAAAAAAAH!!!! I knew it would be a good show with her today and it was. I hate that I don't have HBO anymore. I'd love to see her movie. The first time I've ever heard about Henrietta Lacks.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, rmcrae said:

I know how Sharon's a hypocrite, but how is Julie? 

My guess is that they bad-talk women who have affairs with married men (ozzy's hairdresser), whereas Sharon AND Julie are believed to have broken up their husbands' first marriages. 

I still love Julie, though.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Blissfool said:

My guess is that they bad-talk women who have affairs with married men (ozzy's hairdresser), whereas Sharon AND Julie are believed to have broken up their husbands' first marriages. 

That's what I think and agree with. The affairs.

16 hours ago, rmcrae said:

I know how Sharon's a hypocrite, but how is Julie? I think Julie's dramatic reading of the teleprompter is annoying sometimes, but I'd gladly take that over a poor moderator barely getting through the most simple sentences while waving her hands like a magician (looking at Mrs. O) or another who's too lazy and/or stoned to comprehend half of what she's reading.

OPRAAAAAAAAAH!!!! I knew it would be a good show with her today and it was. I hate that I don't have HBO anymore. I'd love to see her movie. The first time I've ever heard about Henrietta Lacks.

Oprah brought class to the show. Sitting beside her was no class Mrs. O. lol

Edited by rcc
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Oh yeah. I didn't forget about Sharon playing a part in breaking up Ozzy's marriage, but I forgot about the rumors about Julie being a mistress.

7 hours ago, rcc said:

Oprah brought class to the show. Sitting beside her was no class Mrs. O. lol

Hee! And for once Sharon barely said a word.

I really do wonder who dresses Sharon. The woman's never been a fashionista, but her choice of outfits since she came back full-time are so frumpy and ugly. Girl, you can wear comfortable clothes without wearing bags, you know.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Oh yeah. I didn't forget about Sharon playing a part in breaking up Ozzy's marriage, but I forgot about the rumors about Julie being a mistress.

The Julie rumor is pretty much confirmed. And I think that's one of the reasons Julie and Holly didn't get along. Holly even sauuon the air that it was friends with Les's first wife, so it took a while for her to warm up to Julie. (Which she probably never did--my opinion). 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, topanga said:

The Julie rumor is pretty much confirmed. And I think that's one of the reasons Julie and Holly didn't get along. Holly even sauuon the air that it was friends with Les's first wife, so it took a while for her to warm up to Julie. (Which she probably never did--my opinion). 

Wow. I would've liked to see Julie's reaction to that. lol.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Wow. I would've liked to see Julie's reaction to that. lol.

She nodded and did her usual Julie smile--which often hides her true feelings. But I'm sure she was seething inside. 

• Love 2