Type keyword(s) to search

sMothered - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I'm the eldest of three girls 1940, 1942, 1944.  My paternal grandmother went CRAZY over me.  Wanted to adopt me.  Offered to "take care" of me when my mother was having the other babies...whom she completely ignored.  It was difficult.  When birthday cards arrived, mine (June) had a $10 bill.  My next sisters received $5 bills.  My mother put a stop to it.  My grandmother offered to buy me a bike when I was ten...by then our father had dumped us.  My mother said no bike for me if my sisters couldn't have bikes. 

That said...can you IMAGINE the treatment--or lack thereof if Laura Leigh DOES have a baby? It will be ignored by CrazyMama from the time it's "conceived."

• Sad 4
  • Love 2

Free Laura Leigh!  That poor woman. She will NEVER come first in her wife's life. I do, however, question how in the world she fell in love with Lauren in the first place. Lauren is an overgrown baby. An entitled brat. I bet Laura Leigh will do all the heavy lifting with baby care and then Lauren and her mom will do all the fun stuff with Raegan (oh how I hate that name and the way they spelled it).

Sharing bath water was one thing... bathing together another. Yuck. Really? 

Seeing Cher's baby pix, I feel like mom and share have both done a little something so they look more alike. Am I crazy for thinking this?

• Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I’m sure both Cher and Dawn have had plastic surgery. I continue to hate Sunhe and Jason should get a lawyer and sue for at least joint custody. He could have his attorney point out Sunhe bathes and sleeps with Amari, she talks bad about Jason in front of Amari, she never smiles and seems robotic and cold when taking care of the baby. Angelica needs some therapy and needs to figure out if she wants a husband and child or to spend the rest of her life taking baths with her mother and having zero say in her own daughters life.  Shay seems like a spoiled brat who relies on mom but has no respect for her.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

Seeing Cher's baby pix, I feel like mom and share have both done a little something so they look more alike. Am I crazy for thinking this?

I think you have something there.   Did Dawn have an extra set of teeth popped over her originals?

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Wink 1
26 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

Jason should get a lawyer and sue for at least joint custody. He could have his attorney point out Sunhe bathes and sleeps with Amari, she talks bad about Jason in front of Amari,

Also show several seasons' video clips of SunHe's vicious threats and comments to/about Jason.  That should do it!

• Love 7

I think that Laura Leigh better make sure she has adopted the baby, because if it goes south with Lauren, you bet Lauren and Lisa will take that baby in the blink of an eye. Did you notice how possessive the two of them were last night?

Honestly, I would be so angry with Lauren if I were LL. Every time LL tries to set boundaries, Lauren just shrugs her shoulders, rolls her eyes and smiles. Lisa had the audacity to call LL out for trying to set boundaries. 

I just don't get why LL is in this relationship to begin with. So happy she has dad on her side -- not that he can do much, but he seems like he truly likes LL -- unlike Lisa or even Lauren. 

Jason is no prize, but Angelica needs to grow up and decide if she wants to be a family with Jason or be momma's little girl forever. She is so wishy washy it drives me insane. 

• Applause 6
  • Love 3

These mothers are awful. Especially Sun-he, she makes me want to smack her in her smug face. What ever happened to her boyfriend or fiancé that lived in Oklahoma or someplace? She probably ran him off too. I am glad Jason realizes that the relationship she has with his daughter is unhealthy and I hope he grows some balls to kick her out. Lauren is an idiot, she has an amazing wife with LL and yet she too will run her off because mommy says so.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

Free Laura Leigh!  That poor woman. She will NEVER come first in her wife's life. I do, however, question how in the world she fell in love with Lauren in the first place. Lauren is an overgrown baby. An entitled brat. I bet Laura Leigh will do all the heavy lifting with baby care and then Lauren and her mom will do all the fun stuff with Raegan (oh how I hate that name and the way they spelled it).

Sharing bath water was one thing... bathing together another. Yuck. Really? 

Laura Leigh is kind of in a no-win situation, Lauren ALWAYS either sides with Lisa or rolls her eyes when Laura Leigh says something.  I know.. This is a sick show and it is so out of my imagination that these women could be like this.  But I love Laura Leigh.  She always gets the short end of the stick - But - she seems to be trying to set boundaries (she even said it) when Lisa said that Lauren was coming to "her" house.  Laura Leigh said NO.. however, I saw that the bitch Lisa had the carseat and had to come pick them up from the hospital.  We shall see.  My head would be blown off if I was Laura Leigh (but really, what can she do right now - are they married?).  I watch this when i can.

Onto Shay.  Look, to each his/their own.  I don't know if i'm the only one but I feel like Shay's mother is right.  Shay seems to give no shits about anyone else.  Her mother is dealing with alot.  UGH.  I don't like Shay.

And Sunhe:  FUCCCCCKK THE HELLLL OFFF and get the HELLL OUT!  I have a feeling that spineless-jellyfish Angelica IS going to leave.  I say to (I forget his name - Jason?).  Go for custody.  Those 2 women are certifiable. (Boy, their baby got so big since the last time I watched them).

The 2 fat nauseating bleached blonde duo:  JUST SICK.  The sister needs to move far, far, away.  And posing those children like JonBenet??? Just disgusting.  Lord help the guy that goes for either one of these 2.

4 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

I think that Laura Leigh better make sure she has adopted the baby, because if it goes south with Lauren, you bet Lauren and Lisa will take that baby in the blink of an eye. Did you notice how possessive the two of them were last night?

Honestly, I would be so angry with Lauren if I were LL. Every time LL tries to set boundaries, Lauren just shrugs her shoulders, rolls her eyes and smiles. Lisa had the audacity to call LL out for trying to set boundaries. 

I just don't get why LL is in this relationship to begin with. So happy she has dad on her side -- not that he can do much, but he seems like he truly likes LL -- unlike Lisa or even Lauren. 

Jason is no prize, but Angelica needs to grow up and decide if she wants to be a family with Jason or be momma's little girl forever. She is so wishy washy it drives me insane. 

Angelica has no backbone; she doesn't have any ideas and is afraid to go against the BITCH (Sunhe).  I hope Jason grows some (if they leave) and goes for custody of the little girl.  Those 2 are mental cases.

Oh and I completely agree with everything about LL and Lauren (sick, sick sick, relationship between Lauren and Lisa - aren't they all) and now I wonder - didn't LL know about their sick relationship before?  UGH.  I hate these people - (not LL).

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

Forgot to talk about (Dawn?) and Cher.  If my mother.. EVER wanted to dress like me when I was in my late 20s early 30s - I would kill her (edited to add:  My mother was SOOOOO jealous of me - she left my dad and wanted the SINGLE LIFE.) When I tried to reach out to her she was ALL OVER my boyfriends.  Wonder why I don't have anything to do with her now.  Sad, but true.  The grass isn't always greener... MOM.  cheater.

• Sad 5
  • Applause 2

Sunhe the psycho talks to and treats Angelica like she's her lover, not her mother. It's very creepy.

Angelica's a wuss.

Amara won't grow up with a "hole in her soul" if her grandmother doesn't live with her, but she may if her father doesn't. Selfish beeyatch (Sunhe, not the baby.)

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Boston said:

Laura Leigh is kind of in a no-win situation, Lauren ALWAYS either sides with Lisa or rolls her eyes when Laura Leigh says something.  I know.. This is a sick show and it is so out of my imagination that these women could be like this.  But I love Laura Leigh.  She always gets the short end of the stick - But - she seems to be trying to set boundaries (she even said it) when Lisa said that Lauren was coming to "her" house.  Laura Leigh said NO.. however, I saw that the bitch Lisa had the carseat and had to come pick them up from the hospital.  We shall see.  My head would be blown off if I was Laura Leigh (but really, what can she do right now - are they married?).  I watch this when i can.

Onto Shay.  Look, to each his/their own.  I don't know if i'm the only one but I feel like Shay's mother is right.  Shay seems to give no shits about anyone else.  Her mother is dealing with alot.  UGH.  I don't like Shay.

And Sunhe:  FUCCCCCKK THE HELLLL OFFF and get the HELLL OUT!  I have a feeling that spineless-jellyfish Angelica IS going to leave.  I say to (I forget his name - Jason?).  Go for custody.  Those 2 women are certifiable. (Boy, their baby got so big since the last time I watched them).

The 2 fat nauseating bleached blonde duo:  JUST SICK.  The sister needs to move far, far, away.  And posing those children like JonBenet??? Just disgusting.  Lord help the guy that goes for either one of these 2.

Angelica has no backbone; she doesn't have any ideas and is afraid to go against the BITCH (Sunhe).  I hope Jason grows some (if they leave) and goes for custody of the little girl.  Those 2 are mental cases.

Oh and I completely agree with everything about LL and Lauren (sick, sick sick, relationship between Lauren and Lisa - aren't they all) and now I wonder - didn't LL know about their sick relationship before?  UGH.  I hate these people - (not LL).

Agree with you about it all except for Shay. I give Shay some ground because that kind of narcissistic tunnel vision can be age-appropriate for her.
Not for Sunhe though. Or Lisa.  #TeamLauraLeighAllThe Way

And hell, I'd go into court and testify on Jason's behalf.

Dawn drives me crazy. Re: the previews: Could someone explain to her the concept of privacy? And as for "secrecy," how about that trip to the dentist you kept from Cher's husband? The secret plans you two make?

Edited by JeanJean
  • Applause 5
On 9/28/2022 at 2:29 PM, Hotel Snarker said:

Why would Mrs. Lisa be in announcement and pregnancy photos???

This cannot be asked enough!

• Applause 4
  • Love 3

I really like Laura Leigh, she's actually a saint, because I would never put up with Ms. Lisa. NEVER. She seems to really love her wife, I don't really understand why, because she kind of seems like a semi-mute potato, but hey, who am I to judge. I hope she can put some boundaries in place and enjoy her new baby.

• Applause 5
  • Love 2

What state do Laura Leigh and Lauren live in? I worry that in a gay-unfriendly state, Laura Leigh might lose in a custody battle. I hope she gives birth, too, but I agree with everyone who says Mrs. Lisa would likely disfavor that child since it didn't come out of her "precious" daughter's hoohah.

• Sad 3

While my opinion will not be popular, I think that Jason should prepare to let Evil Sunhe, Angelica and Amara leave. He should set up child support payments and visitation times. There is no way that he should be bullied in his own home and not have peace of mind. He seems like a good guy. There are plenty other women who would enjoy his company and treat him well. Jason should take footage of the baths they take together to the courts and try and block contact with Evil Sunhe. Angelica just wants them fighting over her. 

It’s not fair that Angie isn’t allowed to express her truth. She clearly shows she supports Shay in every way shape and form, but Shay cannot invalidate Angie’s feelings while expecting complete support & understanding. They need counseling and to NOT be on TV going through this.

How dare Laura Leigh set boundaries for her family. The nerve of her!

16 hours ago, JeanJean said:

And hell, I'd go into court and testify on Jason's behalf.

We should author “Jason’s Guide to Growing a Backbone”:

1. Shove a stick up Evil Sunhe’s ass and get out with Amara as soon as possible.

2. Find an attorney.

3. File for custody.

4. Testify in court using as much video evidence of the bitch emotionally and psychologically abusing Amara.

• Applause 3
  • Love 3

I want to call attention to how beautiful Laura Leigh is.  Her coloring is great. Those blue eyes!  That fabulous complexion.  Personality-plus, of course. With luck, her own babies should be real stunners.  

• Love 10
On 10/4/2022 at 10:48 AM, jackjill89 said:

I can’t take her wishy washy bullshit anymore.  You don’t pick your mom over your boyfriend.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
On 10/6/2022 at 6:20 PM, Rebky said:

Watched twice and never heard the "secret" revealed. Am I that inattentive????

Rebky, me too. The secret was revealed in previews for next week. 

Spoiler

Sherry was invited to the retirement party against Dawn's wishes. 

Hope there's a pool at the retirement brunch.

Edited by BAForever
Added spoiler
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 10/4/2022 at 10:28 AM, Back Atcha said:

Also show several seasons' video clips of SunHe's vicious threats and comments to/about Jason.  That should do it!

Just hand over the tapes of the show.  Any judge would find for him.

• Applause 4
  • Love 2

You raise children to leave you, to be successful, independent adults with their own identities. That doesn't mean you can't be close, but these mothers are keeping their daughters attached to them to fill their own selfish needs. 

My mom was never my best friend. I will never be my daughter's best friend. I am her mom, and only one person gets to be her mom, so that's really special. We love each other, love to spend time and laugh together. But at the end of the day, she's now an adult who lives her own life, and that is what being a successful mom is all about.

While Kathy totally butts into Christina's life, I don't see them as having an unhealthy relationship. The others have fostered very unhealthy relationships with their daughters. Truly smothering relationships. It's very sad... and sometimes sick. 

• Applause 5
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

While Kathy totally butts into Christina's life, I don't see them as having an unhealthy relationship.

I agree with everything you said, but I do think Kathy's lack of boundaries is unhealthy. Her obsession with butting into Christina's life has a detrimental effect on her daughter's marriage. She isn't nearly as bad as Sunhe or Dawn, though.

• Applause 2
  • Love 5
On 10/8/2022 at 8:18 AM, BAForever said:

Sherry was invited to the retirement party against Dawn's wishes. 

Hope there's a pool at the retirement brunch.

And Dawn can hit the water yet again!   It would be SO INTERESTING to meet Dawn's parents ... especially her mother.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

I agree with everything you said, but I do think Kathy's lack of boundaries is unhealthy. Her obsession with butting into Christina's life has a detrimental effect on her daughter's marriage. She isn't nearly as bad as Sunhe or Dawn, though.

There is definitely a lack of boundaries there. Maybe I should have used "toxic" instead of "unhealthy." However, when graded on the "sMothered" scale of dysfunctional mom-daughter relationships, Kathy and Christina are as close to healthy as you're going to find :) 

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

I just saw the preview for next week. 

Spoiler

Angelica says, "I made my decision." I think it would be hilarious if she announced that she is leaving and tell bitch Sunhe and Jason that they can fight to the death.

• LOL 6

Someone tell LL she CAN breastfeed! I know lesbian couples who have both done it, you take hormones to start lactation if you were not the one who carried!

I can't imagine calling somebody over to try and make my mother jealous. Shit don't even make sense.

Knew a stripper once who got her nipple ring ripped out. Took half her nipple with it. She said it didn't hurt. I don't believe Ashley.

• Useful 1

I just saw a preview where Sunshit said something like, "Either we can leave (meaning her, her daughter and granddaughter), or Jason can leave. Excuse me? Isn't that house Jason's house that they are living in rent free? While Jason legally owes his daughter financial support, he owes Sunshit NOTHING! Not A Thing. Be gone psychotic parasite! Producer shill! Hope the paycheck is worth the absolute fool you are making of yourself. What happened to her supposed boyfriend from last season. Is he buried in the backyard??

• Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Anjelica and Sunhe are pissed off because Jason gave his daughter a bath?! WTH is wrong with these people? “Bathing is our thing”…so the father is to not ever give his own kid a bath? These people are batshit!

Edited by CSunshine76
  • Love 14

Either this is all faked, or Angelica has turned into as big a bitch as her mother. (Oh look, Angelica, I'm disrespecting her!!!!)

They both now verbally and emotionally abuse Jason. And with Amara present, or even in the house, she's affected, too, so it's child abuse. 

Can you imagine if it were a show where a father and son came down on a mother that way in front of the child? Why does this channel think it's okay to show us abusive women?

If it's not fake, Angelica and Sunhe are abusive bitches.

And if it's not fake, I'll happily testify on your behalf in court, Jason.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Applause 3
  • Love 9

I hope Sunhe the bitch and Anglica, who is now a full bitch and no longer a bitch in waiting, are happy when Amara grows up and is an alcoholic/drug addict who sleeps around indiscriminately because of the daddy issues they foisted on her.

• Sad 3
  • Love 3

I hope this is scripted…Sunhe referred to it as “our relationship.” Lady, it’s THEIR relationship.

No way should Jason leave the house he owns. Angelica is not thinking of their daughter. He didn’t even get to say good-bye to Amara. I can imagine what Amara will be told when she asks where her daddy is. Ugh.

Edited by Cancun
  • Love 7

I honest to God don't know why I watch this - it's so rage inducing. Sunhe is an idiot for thinking her daughter should kick her boyfriend out of his own home so she and her daughter can live and bathe together. I agree with the poster upthread who says he should take her to court. She is so selfish. She does not deserve to be respected as her narcissism knows no bounds. I'm not sure exactly what he's supposed to apologize for, but from what I've seen, Sunhe is generally the disrespectful one. Angelica's an idiot, even though Jason does not seem like such a prize.

Sunhe is absolutely gorgeous, which just proves the axiom, "Beauty is only skin deep."

The one with the pizza place - who died and made her mom the head of HER family? I like that her husband stood up to the dragon and told her he doesn't need permission from her to proceed with their lives, and Christine? finally said she was on his side. She should, however, have said their lives are their own, and whatever they decide, whatever mistakes they make, are solely their own business.

OK, time to take a deep breath and shake these ridiculous people off...

Edited by renatae
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
On 9/27/2022 at 11:58 AM, the-grey-lady said:

I thought Laura Leigh's games were cringeworthy and classless...and I was still entirely sympathetic to her.

Laura Leigh is 100% right that Lisa is way too involved, and she treats Laura Leigh like an inconvenience.

I will say that Laura Leigh's vindictiveness was childish and will only breed more resentment. I don't blame her for resenting Lisa's relentless interference in their lives, but the passive-aggressive way she expresses it (which has morphed into outright aggression) is making the situation worse. These two are doomed.

Agreed on all. Actually, it would be a blessing in disguise if they broke up, because Lisa is horrible, and I don't think her daughter gives a whit for Laura-Leigh.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Cancun said:

No way should Jason leave the house he owns. Angelica is not thinking of their daughter. He didn’t even get to say good-bye to Amara. I can imagine what Amara will be told when she asks where her daddy is. Ugh.

Did you notice a couple of episodes ago, Jason comes home and says, "Hi, everyone, I'm home," and to a person, including Amara, there is absolutely no reaction? This is a serious problem. What young child is not overjoyed to see dad come home from work? Geeze, I ceased to exist when my kids were little and my husband came home from work, lol.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, CSunshine76 said:

Anjelica and Sunhe are pissed off because Jason gave his daughter a bath?! WTH is wrong with these people? “Bathing is our thing”…so the father is to not ever give his own kid a bath? These people are batshit!

Bathing in dirty water that your mom's stank ass is in!! I despise those nutcases!! (Bends down to receive my Princess Obvious tiara). Thank you, thank you.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

God I hate Sun-he with the heat of 1000 Suns. Her daughter is a punk. Hope they are happy in their Gray Gardens life after Jason gets a court order to remove these assholes from his house. Angelica complains he doesn't spend enough time with Amara and then the two hags bitch that he gave her a bath? Who cares. Those two heifers' can barely fit in the tub and now they are going to subject Amara in sludge bath? Shay's mom melt down was ridiculous. While I can understand her concern about them living in a small town that may not be accepting of Transgender, Shay needs to go out an experience life. She could have pushed maybe just as a start going to dinner someplace before hitting bars. Shay needs to grow up as well and begin to love herself just as she is. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Cancun said:

I hope this is scripted…Sunhe referred to it as “our relationship.” Lady, it’s THEIR relationship.

I'm betting it's scripted because Sunhe asked Angelica, "Are you sure this is the best decision?" NO WAY Sunhe would have asked anything that could make Angelica second guess throwing Jason out. She'd be gleeful.
Also, I think someone in Jason's place would cry from frustration. 

Plus I always get a can't-quite-name-it feeling that I've seen Sunhe elsewhere as an actress.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Like 2
  • Love 2