Type keyword(s) to search

Bob's Burgers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Oh, fun! If I were more tech savvy I'd create a poll in which we can rank the Xmas eps! My personal favorite is God Rest Ye Merry Mannequins. Tina's wish for a dry erase board, Linda's delay-tactic "oh, Christmas!" song, the Ramones' song over the storefront montage, OMG the release of the mini vibrators!! AND it's a sweet ending in which the kids sacrifice their own gifts in exchange for weird retail leftovers (see: foot-measuring tool). Love it.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, Dewey Decimate said:

Oh, fun! If I were more tech savvy I'd create a poll in which we can rank the Xmas eps!

You have to start a new thread to post a poll. And since Bob's is just one big long thread instead of a forum unto itself, a poll won't be possible.

• Useful 1
On 12/16/2020 at 11:34 PM, Dewey Decimate said:

Oh, fun! If I were more tech savvy I'd create a poll in which we can rank the Xmas eps! My personal favorite is God Rest Ye Merry Mannequins. Tina's wish for a dry erase board, Linda's delay-tactic "oh, Christmas!" song, the Ramones' song over the storefront montage, OMG the release of the mini vibrators!! AND it's a sweet ending in which the kids sacrifice their own gifts in exchange for weird retail leftovers (see: foot-measuring tool). Love it.

On 12/17/2020 at 12:03 AM, Aryanna said:

You have to start a new thread to post a poll. And since Bob's is just one big long thread instead of a forum unto itself, a poll won't be possible.

I slapped together a ranking poll over on polljunkie if anyone wants to take. HERE

• Love 3
On 12/16/2020 at 3:57 PM, PinkRibbons said:

I'll pipe up for The Last Gingerbread House on the Left. Just the absurdity of a high-stakes gingerbread-house building competition including tuxedos and firearms with the prize of a cuddle session with an albino polar bear cub. Godfrey's the fun one, one guy is treating himself to a brand new penis, another has such serious eyebrow game that it's a medical condition, Fischoeder is a potty-head and Bob comes in thinking they're going to cover him in candy and eat him. I think my favorite x-mas episode is Better off Sled, but Gingerbread is a close second.

That's also my favorite.  Loved the whole gingerbread house competition.  I'm not a fan of Christmas in the Car but I did like Jingle in the Jungle. 

• Love 5

There was a stupid NASCAR race that ran over the entire time that BB was supposed to air PLUS the hour buffer I have added to the recording specifically because of Sunday evening sporting events running into BB. The show is locked on Hulu until next week. I'm not amused.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, bilgistic said:

There was a stupid NASCAR race that ran over the entire time that BB was supposed to air PLUS the hour buffer I have added to the recording specifically because of Sunday evening sporting events running into BB. The show is locked on Hulu until next week. I'm not amused.

I may be wrong but I don't think it aired at all (thus it's still locked).  I saw the same thing on Hulu when I went to watch on Monday.  Several comments on the Simpsons thread that everything (other than NASCAR) didn't actually air.  So it's not just Hulu viewers; nobody's seen the 2/14 Fox shows yet.

• Love 2

They put an announcement on their Twitter, but they haven't stated when the Valentine's Day episode will be rescheduled. I almost didn't click on this thread because I thought some markets might have seen it, like the West Coast, and didn't want spoilers, but I saw others complaining about it not being uploaded to Hulu and it wasn't OnDemand.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I don't understand why they don't just let Hulu unlock the episode. If it's a valentines day episode then it would make more sense to allow people to see it as close to valentines day as possible. Holiday episodes viewed outside their holiday time is really odd to me. Kind of like when you see a rerun of a Christmas episode in June.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Aryanna said:

I don't understand why they don't just let Hulu unlock the episode. If it's a valentines day episode then it would make more sense to allow people to see it as close to valentines day as possible. Holiday episodes viewed outside their holiday time is really odd to me. Kind of like when you see a rerun of a Christmas episode in June.

Probably because their deal with Hulu does not permit it to stream on Hulu before it airs on Fox. I know both are owned by Disney at that point, but contracts are still contracts. From what I researched on Sunday, it was decided midafternoon that the entire Fox evening block was being rescheduled. It seemed to be too late for cable to change their guides/schedules, so DVRs were funky. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

I was worried that Hulu had stopped showing Bobs Burgers on Monday's, so finding out that we just had to wait a week was actually a relief after my momentary panic. Sucks that we have to wait the week though, especially since it means we wont get to watch the Valentines episode on the actual day, darn you scheduling weirdness. 

6 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I would think any broadcast network would want rights to air first run shows. Hulu has SNL the next day too. I'm doubtful they'd want that aired prior to actual Saturday night. 

I think I might totally sign up for a service that could stream Saturday night live before it actually aired, but yeah, I get your point. 

• LOL 2

Neighbor: Owed To Joy - Personal Loans

Exterminator: Slay Anything

Burger(s) of The Day: The Tikka Look At Me Now Burger, URGE (Still Cheaper Than Pesto's Pizzeria!)

I'm with Tammy, hearts are farts, Valentine's Day sucks. But of course she's turn it into an actual Valentine's Day party.

"Oh, I'd Valentine that." Oh, Tina. But of course she'd almost ruin an anti-anti-Valentine's party because she was boy-crazy for Jimmy Jr. again. Just go with Zeke, Tina. He wouldn't lead you on.

"Cupid's just a baby that likes to watch people kiss."

"Did we just marry Satan?"
Bless you, Jocelyn. 

So the family have a perfect solution to get business: take advantage of desperate couples on Valentine's Day. And then Hugo shows up to ruin everything. He's so, so sad, so I don't have much sympathy for him, but at least he got a happy ending with Cheryl finally showed up. And hey, the family succeeded in the end!

I appreciated the return of Bob giving food a voice. I love that he gives steak a deep, manly voice.

• Love 6

Urge is a brilliant name. 

I think it's a little ooc that Louise wanted to actually work. I know they hand waved it that she wanted tips, but I found it thin. 

However, I do love when the restaurant is successful. Like the green burger sliders. I wish the show would do more concepts with the restaurant like this. 

Lin has a lot of wine on reserve. 

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I think it's a little ooc that Louise wanted to actually work. I know they hand waved it that she wanted tips, but I found it thin. 

Like how she totally isn't going to take over the restaurant one day?

• Love 10

Waited a week, and it was worth the wait. I am especially thrilled to see the return of Bob giving voices to his food, and of course he gives steak a super manly deep voice. 

So many great lines this week, I cant even pick my favorite. Is it "Did we just marry Satan?" or "Well he did send her a selfie of himself pointing at a watch." 

I always like when the restaurant does well, maybe they could do well with theme nights more often? I like Urge as a name. Its edgy. Also not very surprising that Linda has a lot of wine sitting around waiting to be drank. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, theatremouse said:

That girl knows a good margin when she sees one.

2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I always like when the restaurant does well, maybe they could do well with theme nights more often?

I know being a successful restaurant all the time isn't good tv, but if Louise is good at these ideas, they should throw some more in here and there. 

It's a shame the whole catering angle didn't work out, because there's a lot of fun plots to be had just with that. Or Bob working more events on the boardwalk. The show is consistent in that when people do sample Bob's food they all think it's good. I would just like them to get a few more wins. 

And everyone knows Jimmy's is just slop. 

• Love 7
On 2/21/2021 at 11:19 PM, Galileo908 said:

Like how she totally isn't going to take over the restaurant one day?

From time to time I wonder how the kids are going to turn out or what their chosen career path will be. It's rarely great, but they are young so things could change! Gene will go into theater, perhaps Drag. He'll be somewhat successful. Tina will own a sex shop, but be too shy to wait on customers. She'll hire competent people and she'll do fine. Whatever Louise does, it'll be pretty sketchy, but she'll manage to stay out of jail most of the time! I'm probably all wrong, except for Gene!

• Love 1

That's why Zeke will be swooping in on his motorcycle to give Louise a quick getaway when she gets in hot water. 'Hop on girl we got to skeedaddle hehheh!'

Honestly, I don't think Gene has the attention span to commit to actually doing something. 

• Love 7

Neighbor: Say Hello to My Little French language school

Exterminator: The Pest is Yet to Come

So last week was Valentine's Day, and now we're a week after Christmas. Time is weird like that.

It makes sense that Linda wouldn't want to let go of Christmas, considering how early she puts the tree up. And Linda is my parents when it comes to hiking, and I'm the rest of the family. Three miles would be fun! But thankfully not during the winter. Having a 127 Hours moment for the camera after the perfect picture seems like pure karma for Linda.

"WATER IS STUPID JUICE!" Bob was the right kind of obsessed with his juicer. He made it talk! Also loved Louise's serial killer face. It's just so natural for her.

• Love 5

Bob's "antique juicer" gave me a flashback to the two months when I was 15 when I worked in a restaurant/ice cream shop. We made "fresh-squeezed" lemonade and orange juice with one of those manual juicers. I think the recipe was the juice of one lemon/orange, some amount of simple syrup, ice and water.

Bob's juices sounded amazing.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bad things are bad said:

I'm trying to figure out where this very mountainous scenery fits within the geography of the show. Presumably they aren't driving more than a few hours...

Going to the Poconos or northwest NJ around High Point State Park works for their geography.  It's probably only a few hours drive from...wherever they live

• Love 3

Have we entered into some kind of time loop, wrapping back around from February back to January? The homemade cloth pin tree decoration that everyone thinks looks like a moose but is actually a reindeer absolutely killed me. It reminded me of this Christmas tree ornament that my great grandma made for my mom that has been on our tree for my entire life and is older than me, and we all thought it was a weird looking reindeer until my sister really looked at it a few years ago and realized it was actually a dinosaur. We thought that this yuletide dinosaur that was just an ugly ass reindeer for decades

That picture did actually look pretty great, and of course Bob's best present ever is a juicer. A juicer that he can sing with of course. Honestly his juices sound great they should sell them at the shop. People love quirky fresh squeezed juice. 

"We'll never look this good again." "Well you wont dad...or mom...we're still young." 

• Love 5
(edited)

Neighbor: Gong in 60 Seconds

Gongs and Bells, no waiting

Exterminator: Boogie Mites

Burger(s) of The Day: For Butter or For Wurst Burger 

I miss flea markets. Can't believe it took the show this long to go to one. And it was all a backdrop to find out what became of the Wheelie Mammoth! I couldn't believe the show remembered that! It was really way too big, but do Bob and Linda know what the kids went through to get it.

I want that "Houston We Have a Dog Prom" poster. Also loved the "Check out our cheap skates" sign on the roller skate land sign.

Gayle is great in small doses, like tonight. It's just like her to ask if she could eat oranges and tangerines, or wearing a turtleneck as pants. I also liked how she was angrier at finding out that her goldfish WASN'T immortal rather than realizing her parents lied to her for her whole life. I was dying at the image of Gayle and Linda driving to the roller rink with Woolie Mammoth smushed up against them while looking at Bob in the other car. Such a petty war of lies, and it was great.

"I mean, I'm so mad at you I could eat ice cream! Or ribs!" Oh, Gene. So easily tempted by food. And kimonos. And baseball cards.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 6
(edited)

How do these people write great songs every week, for multiple shows? The Wheelie Mammoth song is gonna be in my head for a while. The Great North has been having some banger songs lately, too.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 1

Unless there were any regulars milling about the flea market. They've had this and the xmas card episodes largely focused on the family as a whole, and with road trips. 

I do like how Bob always knows exactly who Gayle is. 

• Love 4

This was just the right amount of Gayle. "It feels weird to say this but Aunt Gayle, keep talking, tell us everything." Its been awhile since we had a kids vs parents episodes, and I am shocked that its taken them this long to have the family at a flee market. And all for the glorious return of Wheelie Mammoth and his amazing theme song. Wheelie Mammoth really is totally impractical for their place above the restaurant so not surprised he "was donated" and Bob and Linda got rid of him. What a tangled web we weave... 

I love how down the roller rink manager was to get involved in the whole scheme. He once paid a radiologist to fake a picture of a kids stomach full of gum to convince his kids that gum stayed in their body for seven years! 

• Love 5
On 3/7/2021 at 9:31 PM, Galileo908 said:

Neighbor: Gong in 60 Seconds

Gongs and Bells, no waiting

Exterminator: Boogie Mites

Burger(s) of The Day: For Butter or For Wurst Burger 

I miss flea markets. Can't believe it took the show this long to go to one. And it was all a backdrop to find out what became of the Wheelie Mammoth! I couldn't believe the show remembered that! It was really way too big, but do Bob and Linda know what the kids went through to get it.

I want that "Houston We Have a Dog Prom" poster. Also loved the "Check out our cheap skates" sign on the roller skate land sign.

Gayle is great in small doses, like tonight. It's just like her to ask if she could eat oranges and tangerines, or wearing a turtleneck as pants. I also liked how she was angrier at finding out that her goldfish WASN'T immortal rather than realizing her parents lied to her for her whole life. I was dying at the image of Gayle and Linda driving to the roller rink with Woolie Mammoth smushed up against them while looking at Bob in the other car. Such a petty war of lies, and it was great.

"I mean, I'm so mad at you I could eat ice cream! Or ribs!" Oh, Gene. So easily tempted by food. And kimonos. And baseball cards.

I had to look up & watch the original Wheelie Mammoth episode.  I guess that's from before I started watching regularly.  (It's S09.E02, on Hulu, in case anyone doesn't already know.)

• Love 1

I did enjoy the fact that rink manager was just all-in (and all those kids were in on it too). Gayle brushing right past her parents' lying to being upset that her goldfish wasn't famous was fantastic!

But I was curious why Bob and Linda were so worried about the kids seeing the Wheelie Mammoth to begin with. (I mean, I know the answer is because that's the plot.) But really, I mean, once you donate something to charity, the charity could do whatever with it, so even if the kids grilled the guy at the flee market, it could still have been the (fake) charity where he found it or whatever. If the kids wanted it back, it would be more money than they had or Bob and Linda could just say no for once.

• Love 1

Neighbor: Lionel Stitchie

plastic surgeon

Exterminator: Song of The Flea

Burger(s) of The Day: The Green Little Bean of Me Burger

Oh look another episode about Gene being a really creepy mama's boy. He still gets dressed in Bob and Linda's room every day? Then again, it's when Ken (who still may or may not be real) does his yoga. And then it turned into a Home Alone story with Gene. Well that’s how you do a Home Alone in a world with cell phones. Catherine O’Hara has to forget hers, while Macaulay Culkin can’t remember dad’s. Totally like Gene to "talk" to Ken on a fake fork headset phone to keep himself sane. And even Ken couldn't stay on the line for very long. Poor Gene.

"It's a real Kramer vs Kramer. Which I think was a Seinfeld episode."

"We're gonna be yee-hawt. And good at our jobs." Oh, Tina. But it IS a real struggle when you're a kid: where would you rather go? Shoe shopping with mom, or dad on a boring work errand? But I loved everyone on each adventure. Tina and Linda at the shoe store was the best, they perfectly nailed how terrible the sale section is.

"You know taxes?"
"Kind of."

Boy that explains a lot about Bob.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

Oh look another episode about Gene being a really creepy mama's boy

I don't know why they think this is funny. It's super grating when they up the character trait like that. 

I totally knew Louise would go on the work errand. She's totally buddies with Teddy. 

• Love 5

I'll admit it, I sped through Gene's parts after I realized it was going to be another "Gene is a creepy mama's boy" scenario. I hate that the writers insist on doing this to him so often, it makes me like the character a lot less. 

• Love 2