Type keyword(s) to search

Bob's Burgers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Neighbor: Sew Sew Average Needle Point Supplies

Exterminator: I See London, I See Ants

Burger(s) of The Day: Do Fry For Me Argentina Burger, I Know What You Did Last Summer Squash Burger, Chili Wonka Burger, Corned Identity Burger, Tangled Up in Blueberry Burger, When Harry Met Salumi Burger (that one's fancy)

I think Tina taking deep breaths beats out Tina groaning. We haven't heard her groan lately.

I think these puns are exceptional. I didn't see the burger ones, so thanks for posting them.

• Love 1

Tina's mishap lands her a school detention, and without a babysitter for the other kids, Bob and Linda are forced to leave Gene and Louise home alone, where they get themselves in a sticky situation. Later, Bob and Linda's problems multiply when they get in trouble with their accountant.

Neighbor: Waiters Gonna Wait restaurant supplies

Exterminator: Too Bug To Fail

Burger(s) of The Day: The Olives Kitteridge Burger (served with tapenade)

Of course Tina purposely gets detention to get closer to a boy. "Books are dumb." And of course Frond is hosting it because he's Frond and he gets all the crap jobs. Is it weird that he seems to be only one of like 5 faculty members in the school?

Yeah, making moldy melonade onto Logan of all people definitely earned an "oh shit" from me. He's definitely a worthy adversary for Louise, he's the only person that's ever made her cry, right?

Everyone stoned was funny, especially Linda. The couch fort was great.

Lobsterfest is back! So it's in April? And they got the B-52s? I'd go to it.

• Love 1

Neighbor: Lets Give Em Stuffing To Talk About stuffing emporium

Exterminator: From My Cold Dead Aunts

Burger(s) of The Day: Jagged Little Dill Burger (that's what I assume it was)

Man, we went from Tax Day last episode, and now to Thanksgiving. I had a feeling that the Quirky Turkey was gonna be a Producers plot. The kids want the crappiest, most offensive play ever for a half-day, and it turns out to be amazing. And it was. This episode must've ran short since we saw pretty much the whole play again at the end.

"What's the most erotic temperature to cook a turkey at?"
"375."

"Don't all old men look like potatoes?"

"It;s a half day, it's on the school schedule!"
"And in most bibles! Like the Ving Rhames version!"

The songs on this show are so, so good. Even the short ones are amazing.

The Grandpa Potato plot was weird and didn't go anywhere. Bob was even worried about Linda.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

Neighbor: Lets Give Em Stuffing To Talk About stuffing emporium

Tina: "What's the most erotic temperature to cook a turkey at?"
Gene: "375."

Gene:  "And in most bibles! Like the Ving Rhames version!"

Once again, Gene FOR THE WIN!

• Love 2

Stoned Bob & Linda hiding from their kids had me laughing so hard, especially them not being sure if it was Gene & Louise because they hugged.

Gene being a great large brother and Louise appreciating it gave me all the feels. 

I loved everyone having their own story; Tina's was the weakest, though…despite the great song.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, OnceSane said:

Stoned Bob & Linda hiding from their kids had me laughing so hard, especially them not being sure if it was Gene & Louise because they hugged.

I thought they were all hiding from the accountant's next appointment, but I did like Bob and Louise trying not to let on anything was wrong during their phone call.

25 minutes ago, Ubiquitous said:

I thought they were all hiding from the accountant's next appointment, but I did like Bob and Louise trying not to let on anything was wrong during their phone call.

I'm talking about the end where Bob & Linda saw Gene & Louise walking through the LobsterFest staging area in the shrimp costumes.

Predictable, but still funny. And that Quirky Turkey song was weirdly catchy. I wish the plays I had to watch at my elementary school were that interesting. 

Every episode is improved by Zeke. Tina C Williams. Thats just great. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, OnceSane said:

Gene being a great large brother and Louise appreciating it gave me all the feels. 

I loved everyone having their own story; Tina's was the weakest, though…despite the great song.

Same.

Who knew that Zeke would become one of the best characters when we first saw him? And speaking of great supporting characters, we need more Regular-Sized Rudy.

I also loved that Tina's cutting down on the nudity in her plays now.

• Love 4

The Ving Rhames Bible. Love it.

I also liked Grandpa Potato and that the kids all said good morning to Grandpa Potato.

One of my favorite parts of this ep was the little bit of dancing when we saw the play (again) just before the credits. For some reason, the detail of their arm movements really tickled me.

• Love 1

Thinking he's going to be providing food for a Christmas meal at Mr. Fischoeder's, Bob instead finds himself in the middle of a cutthroat gingerbread-house-building competition with the host's raucous friends. Meanwhile, Linda and Teddy hope to spark some Christmas cheer in the neighbors by taking the kids caroling.

Hmm...Christmas episode airing in November. I have the nasty feeling this might be the last new episode we see of the show until next year.

Exactly what happened last year. Christmas AND New Years are both on Sunday this year, but that still leaves us three more weeks and...football's gonna air then, right?

Burger(s) of The Day: Away in a Mango Burger

"You know, honkies!"

Hey, an entire episode where the Belchers sing! Screw those neighbors for not loving the caroling.

This was a sweet episode, especially with how crazy it was. The baby polar bear was adorable as hell.

• Love 3

I could hardly believe in the happy ending. It's a Christmas miracle!

Loved that the old rich guys got together for a gingerbread house building competition. It was kinda nice seeing Fishoeder be the loser -- potty head -- for a change. If they hadn't shot all the houses, I don't think Bob should have won. A couple of the other gingerbread houses were much better than his. But I guess they were building what they knew: castles and such.

It's been done many times, but I still liked the Christmas hymn being sung over the slo-mo shots of the gingerbread violence.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, peeayebee said:

If they hadn't shot all the houses, I don't think Bob should have won. A couple of the other gingerbread houses were much better than his.

The whole time I was totally waiting for it to backfire on Bob and have him not win, but also not lose and so he'd be out the cuddle and the rent money: once again doomed to be stuck in the middle. I was also wondering, since dude did see them for a minute before they shot up the houses, he might have judged at least partially on what they looked like a minute earlier. I guess he hadn't done his clipboard walkaround yet, so it made sense the final judging was "this one's sort of standing" but until he said it, I wasn't sure where they were going with it.

I was mildly amused by the Norman Bates moment with thrifty curtains dude.

I think one of the understated relationships on the show is the one between Bob and Mr. Fishoder. I like how Mr. Fishoder is eccentric, but he has a soft spot for Bob (and his arm hair) and the whole Belcher family. You never get the sense that he feels that way about any of his other tenants. 

28 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

Do we know any of his other tenants?

Every single person in The Oeder Games, including Jimmy Pesto, Edith from the art store, and Sal the sex shop guy. I think Bob mentions early on in the series that Fishoeder owns most of the town, or at least the wharf-adjacent parts.

Edited by PinkRibbons
  • Love 4

I felt kind of bad that the neighbors shut the door on the family and Teddy. I mean, I don't have any hot cocoa either, but they seemed unenthused.  

The guy with eyebrow totally looked like Timothy Dalton. 

"Get me the gumdrops Auggie!" "OK. You don't have to shout." Bob's house probably was second. The guy on the end looked like his had a rotunda and it looked big too. 

I find the ironic thing was that Mr. Fishoeder could have just had Felix join the contest, but he thought it was better to rope Bob into all of it. 

I think he reasonably assumed it was not a guarantee Felix would be willing to take a dive. And he reasonably assumed that Bob would be willing to do so for free rent. What he didn't factor in was that the insults (and knowing the winner's prize) would flip Bob the other way.

• Love 1

BOB’S BURGERS Comes to Life as a Pun-Filled Pop-Up Restaurant and Art Show

This week, a Bob’s Burgers pop up is coming to Los Angeles, inside the Far East Plaza in Chinatown. / The temporary shop opened on December 1 to long lines and inevitable daily sell-outs of burgers, but there are still a few days left to get your burger fix.

------

you have to click through and catch the gallery of storyboards and artwork! Great stuff.

bobs-burgers-tina-12062016.jpg

Edited by King of Birds
  • Love 1

An ankle injury leaves Tina having to telecommute to school and enrolling in a program that has her sending a robot version of herself to class, where she has a surprising breakthrough with longtime crush Jimmy Jr.

Neighbor: Cindy Lopper Hairstyling

Exterminator: A Million Ways to Die A Pest

Burger(s) of The Day: (aww man, there was a good one in the first Banjo scene and I couldn't catch the whole name. It came with feta), Video Killed The Pistachio(?) Star Burger. There were lots of good ones that were hidden from view.

Hoo boy, Bob's obsessed with banjos this week. Loved that his amazing skills were all in his head.

Zeke is just too good. He doesn't care for bots and loves getting pilosophical.

"You two are making me feel smart."
Zeke totally became the best character so gradually. 

"Yuli, you seem great. But we cannot be friends because I am your supervisor." Gene & Louise screwing with the robot was great. There was an honest to god relationship between the robot and Yuli, it's so great.

Jimmy Junior's poems were so awkwardly great. And we finally get SOME clues about his mom.

"I can't not look away."
"So long, childhood."
"This is the worst episode of the OC ever."

This was a great episode.

• Love 3

I believe the Burger Of The Day was supposed to be Video Killed The Radicchio Star Burger, as a play on the song by the Buggles. Personally, I woulda gone with Video Grilled The Radicchio Star, since grilled radicchio is a thing I've actually seen on menus.

• Love 5

As someone who recently took up guitar I was actually really impressed by how far Bob got by the end of the episode, apparently self-taught. That shit is hard.

I wish Jimmy Jr. had been the one to realize what a dick he was being and not have to get a reassuring speech from Tina first.

I love how the characters are so specific that even through a voice distortion you always know who's talking.

• Love 2

"No Sweetheart, this is the first time this has ever happened". 

Jimmy Juniors poems were just so awful, they became amazing. "Your right, thats not a song..."

Zeke is still my favorite supporting character. He wants to get philosophical about growing up and start hugging! 

I hope Bob keeps his banjo playing up. For a beginner, he was actually not too bad!

Every time I see Zeke I am more convinced that he & Tina are meant for each other.  I loved his vision of the "bond fire" & his comment to Jocelyn & Tammy about them making him feel smart.

Jimmy Jr was a bit of a butthead, but that's SOP at this point.  

• Love 6

I wore a knee brace for months in high school (early 80s). I wish I could have robot-commuted but of course wifi and internet and screens on rolling robot-things like that didn't exist.  Dammit.

BTW I love the title of this episode. Should I forever connect Tina Belcher and Alicia Vikander now?

• Love 1