Type keyword(s) to search

Songland - General Discussion

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

The chosen song was my least favorite song as well. Idk if it was the pronunciation or the baby voice or what, but it just didn't do anything for me. Meghan may do a better job with it because I generally like her style. The first song would have been my second choice. It was catchy, but not something that stayed stuck in my head like most of these songs usually do. My choice would have been the guy who sang "Alone". I could've totally seen that being a MT song!

• Love 1

I could tell that the chosen song would be good for Meghan.  However, I agree with everyone that the writer needs to enunciate her words.  She had mush mouth.  When they showed Meghan singing a little of it at the end, it was a lot better.

I liked the other two songs too.  The guy that they said was a JT look alike was very aware of the cameras.

My favorite song was the song that they didn't pick to be produced. I especially liked it once Meghan slowed it down and made it more of a dark ballad. Reminded me of something Adele would sing.

• Love 2

My favorites were the Need No Money song (or whatever it was called) and the one that didn’t get picked to even be produced. I despised Kole’s song for so many reasons from the get go. She came off, to me, as an entitled brat who has had everything handed to her in her life. Maybe it was from the spelling of her name or where she’s from or just her, but I was actually upset hers was picked. I didn’t even like Meghan’s version and I like Meghan. Hope the No Money guy gets money and some music action as I loved his character. 

• Love 4
On 6/26/2019 at 12:46 PM, Raja said:

It reminds me ultimately of Rockstar INXS.

Oh man -  I loved that show -maybe my favorite music reality show of all time! I think it's fascinating watching what these people can do in a couple seconds of listening to a song they've never heard before to rework it on the spot. Incredible. I also think some of these songwriters have pretty fantastic voices in their own right. There is so much talent floating around the country - why are there so many garbage people on reality singing competitions?!

I was bored and Hulu "suggested" this show to me, so I clicked it - I love it! The BEP episode was the best. I loved that Be Nice song as it was, but it definitely was reworked into something that sounds more like BEP. Still great and a super hook. You knew it was getting chosen the minute it started and all of the pro's faces lit up 😜

I was bummed that Crowded Places didn't get chosen. I thought it was the best song. The one they chose sounds just like every other Jonas Brothers song. Snooze. Maybe Crowded Places was too mature for them/their audience? Thanks to whoever said the runner ups get to release their music. I might go find it.

• Love 4

Ilovepie, oh yes, RSINXS!  That show (the first of the 2 seasons, I mean) was amazing. Good singers, and I learned some new and interesting songs.

On the TWOP posting boards, the house band was referred to as "Our Band:  House", due to the fact that the members of INXS seemed to start every other sentence with the words "Our band INXS..."

Good times.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

What happens to the songs that don’t make it - are they allowed to use them again (even with some of the improvements) or do they belong to the company that produces the show?  Have we heard that any of them have eventually sold to other artists?

3 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

What happens to the songs that don’t make it - are they allowed to use them again (even with some of the improvements) or do they belong to the company that produces the show?  Have we heard that any of them have eventually sold to other artists?

According to Variety At first the production company kept everything but after another industry paper found out the songwriters now retain their song rights. Should any one else wish to use the song they will get paid like any other songwriter.  I would guess that the winning pro  also gets partial credit, thus prize pay when the song is recorded and released by the celebrity guest 

• Love 3
On 6/28/2019 at 8:04 PM, Raja said:

According to Variety At first the production company kept everything but after another industry paper found out the songwriters now retain their song rights. Should any one else wish to use the song they will get paid like any other songwriter.  I would guess that the winning pro  also gets partial credit, thus prize pay when the song is recorded and released by the celebrity guest 

It would "Be Nice" if the show would release a recording of the songwriters singing their own reworked song and make it available for purchase. I think Rynn singing Crowded Places would probably do better than the song the Jonas Brothers picked judging by the comments......

• Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

It would "Be Nice" if the show would release a recording of the songwriters singing their own reworked song and make it available for purchase. I think Rynn singing Crowded Places would probably do better than the song the Jonas Brothers picked judging by the comments......

They do release them. During the show, there's a little blurb in the corner saying something to the effect that all songs are available on streaming services and iTunes. Crowded Places placed #63 on the iTunes chart. You can listen to it here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tYY5zv8xgUU

Edited by pezgirl7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Ok. I went to itunes and listened to all of the songs, both the ones that weren't chosen, plus the ones that were. I think across the board, all of them have been over produced. The only one I actually liked was "Be Nice". I also still like "Crowded Places", but it also sounds over produced to me. I think I like most of these songs better when the original song writer sings them in their original form. Does anyone else think that too?

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Ok. I went to itunes and listened to all of the songs, both the ones that weren't chosen, plus the ones that were. I think across the board, all of them have been over produced. The only one I actually liked was "Be Nice". I also still like "Crowded Places", but it also sounds over produced to me. I think I like most of these songs better when the original song writer sings them in their original form. Does anyone else think that too?

I find i want more of the in-between for the songs - I do usually like what they do with it in the room right after the songwriter first performs. Then I do think some definitely get overproduced.

I will say that this last episode with Aloe/for the movie Hobbes and Shaw was one of my favorites. Aloe's voice is simply amazing. And I did enjoy the extra work they did on Same Blood - while I thought the chosen song was the best fit for the movie, I am so happy that Aloe also recorded Same Blood. 

• Love 1

I do usually like what they do with it in the room right after the songwriter first performs. Then I do think some definitely get overproduced.

This.

I liked last night's episode too. Surprised there's not more chatter here. Again, I picked a song not chosen, and it was Same Blood. Glad Aloe recorded it too.
i just listened to the finished product for the movie score. pretty much hated it.

• Love 1

I don't know who Aloe is and the only Fast and Furious movie I've watched is the first one when it came out. Honestly, the only thing I remember about that movie is thinking how beautiful Paul Walker was. Does Aloe sing in all the Fast and Furious movies? I thought the song that was picked sounded like a song for a action movie. My favorite was Same Blood and the backstory was heartbreaking. I'm sorry but I didn't really care for Tvte she rubbed me the wrong way for some reason and how does Tvte=Tate? I think it was her voice over when she was walking in to sing and she said, "I think my song should be picked for the movie" (paraphrasing). The other 2 songwriters think the same but seemed more grateful to just be there working with the producers. I'm sure it's just me but that's how I feel. Anyways, I thought it was a good show and Aloe seemed like a nice guy. I'm glad he's going to record Same Blood.

• Love 4

True, Tvte  ("because it sets me apart", insert eye roll here) did kind of talk like she was a peer of  the bonafide star mentors and Aloe. 

I want Songland to put out a Songland app. Or some other company. It's probably out there and I just don't know about it.

1. You enter your lyrics in the app.
  2. Then choose "song type", such as "blues", "upbeat pop music", "rap", "anthem",etc.
  3. Then choose whether you want: strings and/or percussion and/or brass and/or woodwinds. (Click "Advanced" if you want to specify type of strings, percussion, etc.) 
  4. Select music effects, if any (beat box, "oh-oh-oh" gasps, echo, etc.)
  5. Then click GO and the Songland app creates a perfect generic song using your lyrics and selected instruments, type, etc.
  6.  If only the app could also analyze your finished song and give you pointers!
  • Love 2

The song I'm Just Getting Started or whatever was so immediately hook-y to the point where I really thought I had heard it before that I'm not surprised it won, though I really did like Same Blood as well.

Did not like Tate with a V, or her song or attitude. Meh. 

It was really cool that these guys had a chance to get their song in a big blockbuster. What an opportunity!

Love having an inside window into this creative process!

Also, seeing Aloe Blacc reminded me of Avicii, and that made me sad. 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, foxfreakinmulder said:

I don't know who Aloe is and the only Fast and Furious movie I've watched is the first one when it came out. Honestly, the only thing I remember about that movie is thinking how beautiful Paul Walker was. Does Aloe sing in all the Fast and Furious movies? I thought the song that was picked sounded like a song for a action movie. My favorite was Same Blood and the backstory was heartbreaking. I'm sorry but I didn't really care for Tvte she rubbed me the wrong way for some reason and how does Tvte=Tate? I think it was her voice over when she was walking in to sing and she said, "I think my song should be picked for the movie" (paraphrasing). The other 2 songwriters think the same but seemed more grateful to just be there working with the producers. I'm sure it's just me but that's how I feel. Anyways, I thought it was a good show and Aloe seemed like a nice guy. I'm glad he's going to record Same Blood.

I best remember Aloe Blacc for redoing Candyman for the M&M commercial playing before movie trailers for months. When we got Fee's story a second time Songland started feeling like the standard audience votes reality show. I guess as a songwriter making a pitch Shane McAnally will use whatever tool he has.

Per iTunes, most people who have ears and also watch the show are in agreement with those of us who preferred “Same Blood.” It’s been at #12 on the iTunes Charts since early Wed morning compared to “I’m Just Getting Started”, which has remained at #21.

While I prefer “Same Blood”, I can see how the anthemic hook of “I’m Just Getting Started” would tie into a summer movie that will probably have its own series of films. 

• Love 5
On 7/4/2019 at 8:42 AM, Kelloggirl said:

The song I'm Just Getting Started or whatever was so immediately hook-y to the point where I really thought I had heard it before that I'm not surprised it won, though I really did like Same Blood as well.

It was really cool that these guys had a chance to get their song in a big blockbuster. What an opportunity!

Love having an inside window into this creative process!

The chorus of I'm Just Getting Started sounded really familiar.  It reminds me of another song but I can't immediately place what song that I'm thinking of.

I also like watching the creative process of this show especially since I don't have that kind of talent.  So I appreciate it.

19 hours ago, Bridget said:

Per iTunes, most people who have ears and also watch the show are in agreement with those of us who preferred “Same Blood.” It’s been at #12 on the iTunes Charts since early Wed morning compared to “I’m Just Getting Started”, which has remained at #21.

While I prefer “Same Blood”, I can see how the anthemic hook of “I’m Just Getting Started” would tie into a summer movie that will probably have its own series of films. 

I prefer Same Blood especially the way Aloe sings it.  It's just so good.

I can understand why I'm Just Getting Started was picked for the movie.  From youtube comments, some people like the raspy voice of the original songwriter vs. Aloe's smooth sound.

I liked all four songs even though I understand why certain songs don't fit a certain singer.  That's another reason why I like this show.  I can't say that any of the songs are bad.  They just might not be right for the chosen artist.  There are no joke auditions.

• Love 4

I thought the Aloe episode was really great. I truly enjoy this show. The energy is very positive.

I thought Tate's attitude was annoying but I liked hearing her sing, and I liked all 3 songs.

I thought I'm Just Getting Started worked really well for the movie, and I've had the hook in my head ever since I watched the show. 

• Love 2

Call me skeptical, but I can't help wondering if Aloe and partner had a sneak peek at some of the potential songs--or if maybe there was some sort of "plan b" arrangement (a ringer, perhaps, as one of the 4 contestants, or maybe a 20-second throwaway moment already identified in the movie where a crappy song could be placed without much impact) in case the contestants didn't impress.  

I mean, if you were singing for a major motion picture, or you were financing a major motion picture, would you say "Sure, NBC Songland, we completely trust you to bring some songwriters who will have songs suitable for Aloe to sing for the new movie." 

Not sure if NBC has any connection to the movie itself (and therefore had some say-so), but I just think there had to be some contingency/back-up arrangements in place in order to get Aloe on the show to pick a song for the new movie.

• Useful 1

I really enjoy this show, although I am not a music person and don't remember names, people or songs. I like the encouragement from the mentors and the positiveness of the entire show, plus we get to learn a little about the "star" of the week and how his/her/their music is chosen. I think all of the songwriters have great voices, and I wonder why we haven't seen them on The Voice or other shows. They make the singers on AGT look like hacks ... which most of them are IMO. I do find it frustrating that, with only one exception, my favorite songs are not chosen. In fact, most of the time my last-choice is the winner. But what do I know.

On 7/4/2019 at 9:42 AM, Kelloggirl said:

Did not like Tate with a V, or her song or attitude. Meh. 

I totally agree with this. Her, I remember. So irritating.

I do object to the songwriter's songs being overproduced, as I noticed one fellow had a few extra tracks in his "solo" initial performance. Minor complaint on a fun show though. I'd like to see some of the songwriters again. And again!

• Love 3
On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 2:08 PM, adhoc said:

Call me skeptical, but I can't help wondering if Aloe and partner had a sneak peek at some of the potential songs--or if maybe there was some sort of "plan b" arrangement (a ringer, perhaps, as one of the 4 contestants, or maybe a 20-second throwaway moment already identified in the movie where a crappy song could be placed without much impact) in case the contestants didn't impress.  

I mean, if you were singing for a major motion picture, or you were financing a major motion picture, would you say "Sure, NBC Songland, we completely trust you to bring some songwriters who will have songs suitable for Aloe to sing for the new movie." 

Not sure if NBC has any connection to the movie itself (and therefore had some say-so), but I just think there had to be some contingency/back-up arrangements in place in order to get Aloe on the show to pick a song for the new movie.

good question. I've been assuming they show us top 4 but that there are other writers in the mix (maybe they get listened to separately and not in person).

1 hour ago, RedbirdNelly said:

good question. I've been assuming they show us top 4 but that there are other writers in the mix (maybe they get listened to separately and not in person).

I think this is the case.  Like other competition reality shows, contestants have to go through a few auditions before the judges/mentors get to see them.  That's also why there are no joke auditions which I like.  The top 4 are good and might not get chosen because it doesn't match the singer or the reason why they want to choose a song, e.g. movie soundtrack.

• Love 2

There are actually a lot more songs that get filmed in front of the judges for each guest that never make it to air. So, in reality, they're not choosing the top 3 out of 4, they're choosing the top 3 out of twenty or more. I would imagine a lot of factors go into who the editors choose as the "sacrificial fourth" for the actual episode.

Oh, and here's the rub - that original draconian contract said that even if the song didn't make the air, the rights still transferred to the producers! 😐

• Useful 1

Though part of the reason I like this show is because it's very positive and doesn't humiliate anyone just for laughs or ratings, there is the snarky part of me that would love to hear some of the really bad songs that didn't even make it past the first round. They could do it anonymously = no need to show or name the guilty party. Just lyrics on the screen. 

But not really, because we get those bad auditions on every other reality show.

• LOL 1

I was watching so you think you can dance the other day and during the "sorry, you didn't make it" montage?

They played "Better Luck Next Time"

Guess it's out there now?

• Love 3
21 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

It's cool that Macklemore let the songwriter sing on the song.

That was really cool of him. I've never heard of Macklemore but he seemed like a nice guy and he picked my favorite song. But I liked it better the way the song writer sang it after working on it with the producer/songwriter.

I really like this show. It's so much better without an audience or audience voting.

• Love 2

Oh man, I thought that final version of the shadow song was sooo corny, especially with the fiddle. Maybe that's what works for Macklemore, I don't know. I liked the City Kids one way more.

Still, I do enjoy this show overall. It's impressive to watch the songwriters do their thing and they've managed to get a formidable roster of genuinely big artists. I do fast-forward basically all of the contestant intros and all the bits where people enthuse about how important songwriting is, though.

• Love 3

I do really enjoy this show--and really hope they keep up the quality. Please do not overdo this show!! It was so cool for Macklemore to let Iro sing. What an experience. No matter what happens or doesn't happen for his career, Iro got to have that amazing performance experience. Very cool. I just enjoy watching the process and the positive, supportive vibe this show creates.

• Love 6

My favorite won tonight!  Great idea to use a guy on the track! I also enjoyed the commercial, it was not what I expected.

The pros really did alter the songs though. Great job making the winning song more anthemic, plus the catchy hook "just wanna be young". And the last guy's song--that was some great rewriting!

ETA: Here is the link to the Jeep commercial.

Edited by adhoc
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, adhoc said:

My favorite won tonight!  Great idea to use a guy on the track! I also enjoyed the commercial, it was not what I expected.

The pros really did alter the songs though. Great job making the winning song more anthemic, plus the catchy hook "just wanna be young". And the last guy's song--that was some great rewriting!

ETA: Here is the link to the Jeep commercial.

I actually didn't like the commercial.  I liked the storyline and all of that (and, was that the song writer playing the "young" wife?), but it just didn't feel like a commercial to me.  Which, is odd to say as I try to avoid commercials at all costs so what do I care.  I also didn't think it was the best song for a car commercial.  But, since I avoid commercials and all things country (or even country adjacent) I won't let it get me down.  I still love this show.  I still find it utterly fascinating to see them immediately rif a change or tweak to a song.  I love music but am musically challenged since I can't sing, play an instrument, read music, etc.  I just like watching them do their thing. 

• Love 2

Am I the only one who thought Jacobi.e’s  original song sounded a lot like “Green Light”?

When Jacobi.e was working with Ryan Tedder in the studio, it was almost like the only thing I could hear in my head was the chorus to “Green Light”, not Jacobi.e’s song. 

I continue to think Shane McAnally and Ester Dean are some of the nicest people on the planet. 

• Love 8

I enjoy this show even though I know nothing about music or song writing. I like the positive vibe and encouragement given all the way around, and the amateur writers aren't made into jokes or laughed at which seems to be a theme on other reality shows. It's cool that they get to meet music stars and maybe get a break into the business.

The Jeep commercial ... I'm not sure about that, but it was filmed like a movie. If it does play on tv, for sure it will be edited down to 30 seconds or so, which would mak it better IMO. As it was, it seemed to be more about romance than Jeeps. I was waiting for the two kids at the end to jump into a Jeep pedal car.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I was waiting for the two kids at the end to jump into a Jeep pedal car.

That visual is so funny!

Again, artist I don't know but guess they're Country?

I wasn't a fan of any of the songs this time and think the girl they let go had a song that sounded like it was made for a car commercial. They made big changes with the songs they picked to fit the commercial where if they had gone with the girl they let go they probably could've kept most of her lyrics. But what do I know I'm not a producer/songwriter.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, foxfreakinmulder said:

Again, artist I don't know but guess they're Country?

I listen to country on occasion, when I'm driving. I didn't know the band guys either. Not that I know everyone country.

Thinking again about the commercial, it was irksome to me that a 40s-something couple was "too old" to surf, and was afraid to get more than their feet in the water. And heaven forbid they should actually cross that creek. And I guess "old people" can only drive a certain Jeep model while the young'uns can zip around in a rag top with a roll bar. Because, you know, they're YOUNG.

I did get a kick out of the Jeep guy though, he was pretty cool.

I especially like the woman song writer. She seems like she would be a hoot to know and work with. Plus she is very good at what she does.

Edited by saber5055
Gah! Double post! My Internet whacked out.
  • Love 2
49 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

And heaven forbid they should actually cross that creek. And I guess "old people" can only drive a certain Jeep model while the young'uns can zip around in a rag top with a roll bar. Because, you know, they're YOUNG.

Good grief that creek that looked like it was 2 feet wide. I guess they didn't want to get their old people shoes wet, lol. And I don't think I've ever seen a person over the age of 30 driving a convertible. Because you know, they're OLD ;-)

• LOL 2

the funniest part was Shane hiding behind Ryan so that Ryan could lip sync his voice. That seriously cracked me up.

I kept joking to myself that the 2 guys in the back row for Old Dominion are not actually in the band but were just extras forced to sit there. They never said anything or looked like they were engaged at all. I suppose they have nothing to do with the song writing for OD?

Unpopular view here: I loved the commercial. It was more movie like than a normal commercial but worked for me. I'm in a bit of a sentimental period right now so maybe that is why but just had my 23rd anniversary and parts of it just spoke to me. Mr. RBN and I are getting older; kids are close to moving out. . . I did not read it to mean an older person can never drive a convertible or surf. But those people were not into that at this point in their lives which is ok with me if it's ok with them.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

RedbirdNelly, I loved the commercial (over 2 million views on Youtube) and forget the creek--I was happy to see an older couple locked in what appears to be a passionate embrace instead of just tepidly giving one another a peck on the cheek or lips (which is what we usually see on TV).

• Love 2

While I loved the final song, I have to call a little BS on this one. Didn't it just seem too "out there" to add Spanish! and rappers! and a Latin Beat! to a song that didn't really have those elements (maybe the beat, a little)? I'm thinking that maybe Leona gave Ryan an inside tip on capturing that vibe. Then again, maybe not and I've just become overly cynical from years of "reality" TV and the latest round of predictable shenanigans on AGT. 

Still love this show, and man is Leona Lewis GORGEOUS!

• Love 3

I didn't have a clue who Leona Lewis is, never heard of her, but I recognized her songs played at the beginning. My radio station never IDs songs like they used to back in the day when stations had local DJs instead of nationally syndicated shows.

I liked the winning song too, but it sure went all Spanish-language for the final version. Not that that's a bad thing (*coughJustinBiebercough*). At the end when the final three songs were sung again, the contrast between everyone all happy and smiling and bopping along to the song that would win sure switched up quickly to sad faces and tears being held back for the last song, the Tall Drink man's. I figured that was the end of him.

I wondered if the guy who sang the Spanish part of the winning song got hurt feelings he wasn't used in the final rendition.

I laughed when Tall Drink was called that when he came into the room. And during his rehearsal when he said he had so much trouble with women, and the show guy said he should try a guy, I burst into loud laughter at that. I also liked that judge (I do not know these peoples' names) saying he felt like he was birthing a child after Tall Drink sang the revised song.

This was my favorite episode so far. Although none of them have been duds, it's been fun to watch every week.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I laughed when Tall Drink was called that when he came into the room. And during his rehearsal when he said he had so much trouble with women, and the show guy said he should try a guy, I burst into loud laughter at that.

I thought that was funny too, and I don't know why but I thought he was gay until he said he was having trouble with women.

Same as you, I didn't know who Leona Lewis was but the song they played in the beginning sounded familiar.

My favorite song was from Tall Drink. I'm surprised she didn't go with the girl singing about looking in the mirror after saying she wanted that song to be a statement for her goddaughters and nieces.

It is a fun show to watch, I'm really enjoying it.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I didn't have a clue who Leona Lewis is, never heard of her, but I recognized her songs played at the beginning. My radio station never IDs songs like they used to back in the day when stations had local DJs instead of nationally syndicated shows.

I liked the winning song too, but it sure went all Spanish-language for the final version. Not that that's a bad thing (*coughJustinBiebercough*). At the end when the final three songs were sung again, the contrast between everyone all happy and smiling and bopping along to the song that would win sure switched up quickly to sad faces and tears being held back for the last song, the Tall Drink man's. I figured that was the end of him.

I wondered if the guy who sang the Spanish part of the winning song got hurt feelings he wasn't used in the final rendition.

I laughed when Tall Drink was called that when he came into the room. And during his rehearsal when he said he had so much trouble with women, and the show guy said he should try a guy, I burst into loud laughter at that. I also liked that judge (I do not know these peoples' names) saying he felt like he was birthing a child after Tall Drink sang the revised song.

This was my favorite episode so far. Although none of them have been duds, it's been fun to watch every week.

Rafferty AKA Tall Drink’s production partner on the show, Shane McAnally, continues to be one of my most favorite people on television. 

I know I keep saying I love him, but I can’t help it. I also love watching his flourishing friendship with Ester Dean. 

The singer who performed the Spanish language portion during the final round is most likely a background or session singer who probably wasn’t even expecting to record with Leona Lewis. He was undoubtedly thrilled about the exposure from the show and will use that to help move his career forward. The fact that his name wasn’t given also indicated that he would go back to being a background or session singer, paying his dues and waiting to get discovered. 

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, Bridget said:

The singer who performed the Spanish language portion during the final round is most likely a background or session singer who probably wasn’t even expecting to record with Leona Lewis. He was undoubtedly thrilled about the exposure from the show and will use that to help move his career forward. The fact that his name wasn’t given also indicated that he would go back to being a background or session singer, paying his dues and waiting to get discovered. 

I think they did introduce him, so it would put him on the level of the musical directors of DWTS and American Idol or the collective 'House Band" of Rockstar:INXS that formed the base of The Voice's band

I watched the episode on Hulu last night. I LOVED Leona Lewis' first album in 2007 but she'd kinda fallen off the face of the earth for me since then. The song she picked was my least favorite of the three, and in the final version I think Leona is the "featured" artist while the other guys were the main. I do love the piccolo part, but I remember hearing a similar riff (with piccolo) in another EDM song several years back, so nothing really groundbreaking there. I very much wanted "Perfect Skin" to win, though the only song still playing in my head today is "When You Fall in Love." Did anyone else hear a Michael Buble quality in Rafferty's voice when he first performed?

Not that this is a competition between the producers, but so far, the songs chosen by producer are:

Ester: will.i.am*, Jonas Brothers

Ryan: Kellsea Ballerini, Meghan Trainor, Aloe Blacc*, Leona Lewis

Shane: John Legend, Macklemore, Old Dominion

will.i.am also recorded the other two producers' songs, with Ester's released as the single. Aloe also recorded the song Shane produced.

So we're basically at 2-4-3.

We have two episodes left, with Charlie Puth and then OneRepublic. I wonder if they'll bring in another producer for the OneRepublic episode, to sit in Ryan's producer seat.

I hope this show is renewed for next year.

Edited by dvr devotee
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3