Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E11: Jeanne's Story

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Reminder: Please do not discuss politics via topic of disability/Medicare & "stealing from the public". Only address issues related to people on the show, not everyone in a given group.  Let's veer away from assumptions that head us down that slope. 

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

I had also forgotten that this family didn't clean up the mess after the dad was left dead in the house for a few days and the dogs tore up everything.

I don’t think they got rid of the mattress he died on either. I swear at the end when the mom is in her bed (no fitted sheet, of course), there is what looks like blood stains. Although knowing this family, it could’ve been anything. 

On 8/27/2020 at 12:12 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

The mother actually said that she would have to sleep on the bed her husband died on.  

I was really hoping she was talking about the bed frame and not the actual mattress itself but it could be that she couldn’t afford to replace it.

• Love 1

I recently got Discovery+ so have been rewatching some episodes.  This must have been one i had playing in the background because holy shit i didn't realize the extent of the filth in that house! While i do have genuine sympathy for her losing her father while they were gone, that's about the only thing i feel bad for them about. I hate to accuse someone of lying, especially about something as serious as child abuse and molestation, but i just don't believe a word of what she says. I don't believe she was physically abused to the point of head to toe bruises and her mother never noticed, or the "one time thing" molestation. Child molesters rarely if ever stop at one time. And i certainly don't believe her grandmother forced her to smoke. Jeanne is too quick to lie and make excuses. I usually have a pretty good sense of when someone is making up things for attention and sympathy, and i get that feeling about her. I'm not a horrible person i swear lol i just don't believe her. 

• Love 5
16 hours ago, PA SweetPea said:

I recently got Discovery+ so have been rewatching some episodes.  This must have been one i had playing in the background because holy shit i didn't realize the extent of the filth in that house! While i do have genuine sympathy for her losing her father while they were gone, that's about the only thing i feel bad for them about. I hate to accuse someone of lying, especially about something as serious as child abuse and molestation, but i just don't believe a word of what she says. I don't believe she was physically abused to the point of head to toe bruises and her mother never noticed, or the "one time thing" molestation. Child molesters rarely if ever stop at one time. And i certainly don't believe her grandmother forced her to smoke. Jeanne is too quick to lie and make excuses. I usually have a pretty good sense of when someone is making up things for attention and sympathy, and i get that feeling about her. I'm not a horrible person i swear lol i just don't believe her. 

Ugh, it was like she had her list of excuses memorized and ready to recite, avoiding any personal accountability for her life situation.  

I didn't believe more than half of what she said, either.  

Ghoul that I am, I did wonder if those hungry dogs were snacking on the dad after he died.  

I think I found "unhygienic" Jeanne even more repugnant than Penny and Asanti.  I seem to recall there was a Paula or Paulette who was pretty damned odious as well, but Jeanne was even worse.  

I always root for these pounders when they seem to be a decent human being.  Jeanne, not so much.

• Love 4

I agree.  I believed nothing that Jeanne said about the grandmother, or other events.    She's the one who invited the long departed daddy to come to that hoarded, nasty trailer, without telling her mother that her long departed partner or husband was coming back to stay forever.   However, I suspect that little travel trailer parked next to their trailer was where he lived, and he only was in the main trailer when they were gone, to take care of the dogs. 

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I seem to recall there was a Paula or Paulette who was pretty damned odious as well . . . 

It was Pauline.  She was the one who was diddling around on her laptop when Dr. Now came into her hospital room to tell her she had to get up and try to walk.  She just "wasn't up to it" that day.  She was also famous for repeating "owie, owie" every time she tried to stand up.

• LOL 3

I consider her one of the most loathsome poundticipants I’ve ever seen.  I believe nothing she says about her alleged “abuse” and normally their stories really do ring true or are at least plausible.  Not Jeanne.

• Love 2
Spoiler

This must have been filmed right after her episode was, since she's another of the whiny people who is suing the production company.    Her mother is suing too, claiming that when Dr. Now did the abdominal surgery on the mother, that she was stuck with a $70k hospital bill.     

Part of Jeanne's lawsuit allegations is that the producers forced her to continue filming when she didn't want to.    So how did they get a WATN with her then?    I'm guessing that Jeanne isn't going to stay off social media, and we'll soon know everything about where she is now.  

I'm guessing that Brandon is the success story, and Jeanne will be the failure (I almost said big failure, but that's a bad pun isn't it?). 

They're rerunning the original Jeanne episodes 3 to 5 Central, on TLC Wednesday. 

I just hope that someone either took the dogs out of the trailer, and burned it to the ground, or it's clean.   However, I bet it would be cheaper and quicker to bulldoze the hoarded out trailer, and put another double wide there.    And if it was a rental, then the landlord should do the same, bulldoze and replace.     I'm guessing the maintenance of the trailer was neglected too, and there are things you can't fix once they go bad.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, mmecorday said:

I cannot wait to see what Jeanne is up to these days. What a sweetheart she was! Not since Shirley Temple sang "The Good Ship Lollipop" has there been a more adorable presence on television.

Is this no-hi_jeanne? Will there be a shower scene at the start?

• LOL 5
17 hours ago, Caoimhe said:

Jeanne?  Shower?  Does she know what that is??

I think a shower to her is having her mom "clean" her off after she "goes potty" like a good little girl in the portable toilet next to her bed and chair she sits in when she scarfs down all the food that is brought to her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Oh, gosh. I don't know if I will watch tonight's WATN. I snarked on some of Jeanne's comments and actions shown in the original episode. But my lingering memory of this episode, is how frigging mentally sick that family dynamic was. IIRC Jeanne's dad had some mental illness, her mother had reconciled with her dad to provide care for him, and all three of them were living in horrendously filthy conditions. I never got a handle on how much Jeanne interacted with the world at large before she settled into her feces-encrusted life as a supermorbidly obese human who IIRC was housebound. Did she ever go to school as a child? Have friends? 

I remember that her comments in the original episode indicated that she was just focused on the "surgery" as some kind of magical thing. At an appointment with Dr. Now, he discovered she had a serious infection that required immediate hospitalization. And as she was shown being taken to the hospital, she was just bitching like mad, that instead of getting the surgery she was having to go to the hospital. The fact that she had a serious infection that required treatment so that it didn't threaten her life, hadn't penetrated her consciousness. 

It would be great if on the WATN tonight, we see that Jeanne and her mother have turned things around. Because, if they are still living in filth as before? Not wasting my time goggling at the literal sh*tshow. Sigh.

• Love 3

I remember it a little differently.    Jeanne decided to get in contact with her long disappeared father, and he moved back to the trailer shared by Jeanne and her mother.     I don't think the father was invited by the mother, but she let him stay.    My guess is that the little travel trailer outside is where the father stayed usually.    I think that when he watched the home, and the dogs while Jeanne and her mother were in Houston, he was staying in the house.     Jeanne wasn't his only kid either, so he left them too when he moved back to Texas.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2

I just tuned into the middle of No-Hy-Jeanne. What a mess these two are!

I don't remember much other than the dogs, her dad and filthy living conditions. Mercifully, my subconscious blocked out the rest.  🚫🚫

Good lord. That house. You just know that those poor dogs are flea infested. Damn.

Edited by OoogleEyes
  • Love 1

I expect another epic snarkfest tonight. I'll be a little late to the party. My Wednesday evening ladies club is meeting for the first time in a year. I have the DVR set to record and look forward to catching up on comments as soon as I get home.

I wonder if LackofhyJeanne has bathed since she last graced our television screens?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Watched the beginning up through her initial office visit with Dr. Now.  She sure had her victim spiel well prepared.

My only question to her would be .... did grandma turn evil before or after you stole her precious sodas?  Wonder how much other food disappeared while grandma was babysitting. 

Edited by fonfereksglen
Spelled a word like old German was pronounced.
  • LOL 2
15 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

My only question to her would be .... did grandma turn evil before or after you stole her precious sodas?  Wonder how much other food disappeared while grandma was babysitting. 

Imagine how Jeanne would treat grandma if the shoe were on the other foot.  She'd lock grandma in the basement and throw her moldy bread.

• Love 2

Ok this episode I can’t even. They have way more issues than being super morbidly obese. Living in filth and the poor dogs. Mental and physical health issues. I don’t know about the diagnoses- maybe the moms illness led to Jeanne’s unwillingness to do anything or she is truly mentally impaired. I mean feces in your fat folds? She quits trying because she needs a break from doing nothing? I would be surprised if either is still alive after the pandemic.

• Love 1
On 3/14/2019 at 3:45 PM, Deevee45 said:

I have incredible sympathy for people in such dire circumstances. Food fills a hole in their souls, and to expect that they’ll change their attitude without a ton of psychoanalysis beforehand is unreasonable. From the beginning, Dr. Now should insist on psychoanalysis immediately at least 2 times a week for anyone looking to enter the program. It’s what we do for drug addicts, and food is just as much an addiction. But that would mean the drama would be much decreased, which is counterproductive to ratings. Jeanne was never able to change a lifetime of thinking, excusing, and conniving to get food, if she didn’t get the therapy she needed beforehand. 

Agreed, to a certain extent. As a Licensed Clinical Psychologic, I would say Psychotherapy would be more effective than Psychoanalysis. Although, Psychoanalysis definitely has its place and merits. That said, since most of these folks are on the precipice of their body breaking down, I would suggest they immediately be placed in the hospital on a controlled diet (sort of like a detox, but from sugar, carbs and just negative eating habits). Next they should be meeting from the beginning with the trinity of a Psychotherapist for CBT based therapy, a Nutritionist to become educated on the diet itself and Physical Therapists to get them up and moving. Ideally, they would see each medical professional twice a week which would force the patient to engage throughout the week. Honestly, that's got to be more fun than laying in a hospital bed. Also, maybe deploy goals (other than weight loss) and contingency awards to keep the patients spirit up, boost their confidence and, ironically, remind them that they have lives outside of food and weight loss. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Because I am my own worst enemy, I just had to watch this mess again last night. I suspect that Jeanne is suffering from some sort of mental disorder. How else could she abide the filth in her home and her own putrid self. Her main purpose in life was to sit in a chair and have her family bring her food. I always have to chuckle when Dr. Now asks her mother what she has been feeding her and she tells him she makes meals with a lot of lean protein like skinless chicken and when she buys soft drinks, half of them are sugary and the other half are sugar free. And then dainty Jeanne will treat herself to the occasional orange and we all know that's just a gateway fruit to other temptations. The only thing that was orange was the wrapper around that Quarter Pounder Jeanne was shoving in her mouth like she hadn't eaten in a week. Jeanne didn't want help and she wasn't willing to do any work to improve her health. She probably got a bad edit because from what I understand she was not the most cooperative person for the production crew to work with. But there was probably more footage of her scowling and eating greasy food than there was of her being Little Miss Sunshine. 

• Love 3
On 9/17/2021 at 10:28 AM, mmecorday said:

Because I am my own worst enemy, I just had to watch this mess again last night.

Same here. I think I needed to be mad at someone and my husband hadn't done anything wrong.....so Jeanne seemed like a good choice. 😠😆

• LOL 2

I pity her, but she's also perhaps the most bitter and nonaccountable patient I've ever seen on here.  Wow.  Going to lose weight out of spite to get an apology from the doctor for calling out her lies?  What are you six years old?  That's a scary set of obstacles. 

• Love 1

A lot of the quitters say something similar, that they'll lose hundreds of pounds, and show Dr. Now he was wrong.    

I'm still stunned that Jeanne and her mother tried to sue Dr. Now (actually the production company, not him personally).   I've read that the mother lost a lot of weight, and is doing better.   

• Like 1

They split this into a two part, instead of one two hour episode.   Jeanne and her mother are so delusional.     Jeanne's excuses are ridiculous.  Claiming one cheat day was responsible for gaining 29 lbs. is bizarre, even for this show.   Listening to her strange excuses to Dr. Now makes me doubt everything she said about her past treatment.  Jeanne's pictures as a little kid show a child that was always massively overweight, so she didn't start overeating when she at elementary age, but long before.    I bet the grandmother didn't want her eating everything in sight, and tried to limit her to 3 meals a day.   I don't believe the grandmother beat her, or was forcing her to smoke. 

The mother is lucky Dr. Now looked at her abdominal wound, or she could have died.   Jeanne's constant infections from lack of hygiene are ridiculous.    Jeanne slants everything to make herself look better, and like a victim.   

• Like 1

I must have watched this episode when it first aired, but I guess I blocked it out. My DVR thought the one-hour version was a new episode, and when I tried to watch...NOPE NOPE NOPE. There are certain kinds of squalor I can't handle, or can't handle any more. You could smell this episode through the screen. Ten seconds was too many.

• Like 4