Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: Hiking and Biking and Bears, Oh My!

• Start Topic

Whitney and her friends arrive in Alaska for the much anticipated Whit-a-thon; Tal injures himself performing for an exotic dancer that Whitney hires to help Heather get over Buddy; Buddy calls with shocking news that he and Chelsea broke up.

Airs February 26, 2019.

Oh, my! -- indeed. That's what I've thought about every episode so far.

ETA: I know @AZChristian & her hubby are fit, healthy septuagenians who have cruised to AK several times. I hope she will point out activities Twit & Gang -- 30-somethings, plus 2 septuagenarians -- could have enjoyed in AK without over-doing it, as the episode unrolls.

Edited by Dot
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

These people sure do injure themselves a lot. Mayhaps they should sit down and get real jobs.

God forbid LOL!   

The ones I ready wonder about are Whitney and Buddy.   She's dependent on daddy and he's just a bum.

• Love 7
On 2/24/2019 at 1:15 PM, Dot said:

Oh, my! -- indeed. That's what I've thought about every episode so far.

ETA: I know @AZChristian & her hubby are fit, healthy septuagenians who have cruised to AK several times. I hope she will point out activities Twit & Gang -- 30-somethings, plus 2 septuagenarians -- could have enjoyed in AK without over-doing it, as the episode unrolls.

We ain't all that fit, and I've had a knee replacement and he's had a heart attack.  But we're still in better shape at 72 and 78 than Twit is.

This is our FAVORITE thing to do in Alaska, and we're doing it on our 55th anniversary in August.  Twit can't do it.  It has a 275-pound weight limit.

• Love 12

As I have a serious phobia with heights, the thought of rappeling, zip lining or rock-climbing leaves me totally chilled. I'll be happy just with some nice hiking and seeing the amazing vitas. Or having a chance to take a nice long trail ride (on horseback) through the wilderness.

Do have to admit that seeing Whitney trying to manage on what I'm sure is going to be the easiest hiking trail that they could find in Alaska is going to be amusing.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, AZChristian said:

We ain't all that fit, and I've had a knee replacement and he's had a heart attack.  But we're still in better shape at 72 and 78 than Twit is.

Anyone in their 70s who walks 10,000 steps every day sounds pretty fit to me. (And, yes. Way more fit than our girl Twit.)

ETA: Holey, moley! I just looked at the AK zipliner info you provided. You couldn't pay me to take that ride! (I have a fear of heights.)

From her SM photos from last year & her Whit-a-Thon page in the AK binder, the MBFFL producers apparently found a zip line in AK with a tram-like box that someone Twit's size can ride. Let the screeching & braying begin.

Edited by Dot
  • Love 5
48 minutes ago, Dot said:

Anyone in their 70s who walks 10,000 steps every day sounds pretty fit to me. (And, yes. Way more fit than our girl Twit.)

ETA: Holey, moley! I just looked at the AK zipliner info you provided. You couldn't pay me to take that ride! (I have a fear of heights.)

From her SM photos from last year & her Whit-a-Thon page in the AK binder, the MBFFL producers apparently found a zip line in AK with a tram-like box that someone Twit's size can ride. Let the screeching & braying begin.

Thanks for the kind words, Dot!

I suspect that she may be riding Roberts Tramway in Juneau.  That is NOT a zipline.  LOL.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I suspect that she may be riding Roberts Tramway in Juneau.  That is NOT a zipline.  LOL.

I'm not sure. The brief SM photo (or video, I forget) seemed to show her in a metal box on a zip line rather than on a tram on tracks.

8 minutes ago, Dot said:

I'm not sure. The brief SM photo (or video, I forget) seemed to show her in a metal box on a zip line rather than on a tram on tracks.

Do you have a link?  I wouldn't want to miss a zipline!!!

ETA:   Roberts isn't on a track; it hangs from wires.  About 20 people ride at the same time.  If one of them is Twit, there would have to be less than 20.

Edited by AZChristian
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Do you have a link?  I wouldn't want to miss a zipline!!!

ETA:   Roberts isn't on a track; it hangs from wires.  About 20 people ride at the same time.  If one of them is Twit, there would have to be less than 20.

I guess you'll have to listen closely when takes her ride since it wasn't mentioned in the photo I saw.

But if the Roberts tram is on wires, that may well be the ride she takes.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

As I have a serious phobia with heights, the thought of rappeling, zip lining or rock-climbing leaves me totally chilled. I'll be happy just with some nice hiking and seeing the amazing vitas. Or having a chance to take a nice long trail ride (on horseback) through the wilderness.

Do have to admit that seeing Whitney trying to manage on what I'm sure is going to be the easiest hiking trail that they could find in Alaska is going to be amusing.

Why do I think that in the show she will successfully manage the 5 mile walk and 5 mile bicycle and everyone will applaud and ooh and aah over her fabulousness — even though we will probably only see the beginning where she will act like it is really really going to be hard and the end where it was really really hard (while she rides in a car between the beginning and end)

Edited by Donut Bear
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, Dot said:

& her Whit-a-Thon page in the AK binder, the MBFFL producers apparently found a zip line in AK with a tram-like box that someone Twit's size can ride. Let the screeching & braying begin.

I think that was The Hand Tram over Glacier Creek in Girdwood. I wonder who pulled her across, I am sure she did not do it herself.

• Love 3

I miss my friend because he’s missing the chance to support me. Said no real friend ever. 

1 minute ago, Snarkastikate said:

Taxidermy!!!  That's the REAL Alasker!!!  Whoa.. did she just call Buddy her significant other?  I think she did!!!!  

$$$$$$$

No she said it was stupid that he chose to stay with his significant other instead of coming with her. 

• Love 19
3 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Why the hell do these people let Whitney tell them they have to do Whit-a-thon?

So the only person who knew about Whit-a-thon was Whit? Maybe Heather wanted to walk up a tiny boulder to simulate a mountain trail. Maybe Todd wanted to rock climb a bit.  Nope just "oh by the way Whit a thon".

This shit gets faker by the week.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I miss my friend because he’s missing the chance to support me. Said no real friend ever. 

No she said it was stupid that he chose to stay with his significant other instead of coming with her. 

Oops I have difficulty processing what she says sometimes.  

• Love 1

She is biking on the flattest paved bike trail ever and then hiking on a flat wide path through the woods with one small uphill of switch backs and I have no clue what cliff she is jumping off of. She is a fool. There are bears and moose in Whittier maybe she can find one and yes she just confirmed she went across the hand tram on The Winner Creek Trail ...I hope alone I think it is rated for 2 normal size people. I want Todd to calm down about the highway too, people like him kill people every summer on that highway.

• Love 7
Just now, Brooklynista said:

So the only person who knew about Whit-a-thon was Whit? Maybe Heather wanted to walk up a tiny boulder to simulate a mountain trail. Maybe Todd wanted to rock climb a bit.  Nope just "oh by the way Whit a thon".

This shit gets faker by the week.

Totally. And her voice and facial expressions get more dramatic too. She is always posing and posturing.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, 3girlsforus said:

She peed in the hot tub. I can’t watch this crap anymore. 

OMGoodness. I am on the phone and just partially watching. I saw Heather's look and caught that something had happened but had no idea that's what she did. So gross.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, sara1025 said:

Only 10 minutes in, so far I just really need to say...STOP SAYING "ALASKERRRR"! I don't know why people think it's cute/cool to end words with -err instead of -a. Maybe I'm just behind the times, I don't know.

Thank you so much. I totally agree.

• Love 12

Now she's cross-referencing ordering a pizza in high school with a stripper as an upgrade from that. Maybe they need to rename the show My Big Fat Fraudulent Life. I think I'm only watching it to remind me of how I live so authentically compared to her and her friends. I guess her only friend in college was a bag of Cheetos.

• Love 10

In Hawaii:

"I can't do this 8k Dad!"

"Yes you can Whitney!"

*fails at it, whines and cries the whole time*

In Alaska:

"My dad makes me second guess myself. He thinks I can't do it, he thinks I'm pushing myself too hard"

Hmmmm...I wonder why Whitney! Such a mystery why your dad would think you couldn't do this!

Edited by sara1025
  • Love 21
2 minutes ago, spacefly said:

...and that is why I only get in my own hot tub, can you imagine the poor people that stayed after she left. pretty sure they don't change that water for each guest.

Good point. I’m planning a trip to the Poconos and was all excited looking at places with hot tubs... now I’m giving them the major side-eye... pee tubs, ugh. 

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Why the hell do these people let Whitney tell them they have to do Whit-a-thon?

As father required of daughter as payment for HI trip, so daughter requires of friends for the AK trip. The nut does not fall far from the phony, contrived, totally unbelievable tree.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, EctoGammat said:

Good point. I’m planning a trip to the Poconos and was all excited looking at places with hot tubs... now I’m giving them the major side-eye... pee tubs, ugh. 

Throw in a cup of bleach....that'll clean anything 😊

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

She peed in the hot tub. I can’t watch this crap anymore. 

Yup. I got home late and that's where I tuned in and thought "Just when you think she can't get any grosser"... I can't with this See You Next Tuesday. 

• Love 11