Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: Hiking and Biking and Bears, Oh My!

• Start Topic

Just now, Snarkastikate said:

Oh Buddy's fake phony actress girlfriend is moving "back" to Illinois?  With non-existent child too I suppose.   And Twit so relieved she's got her Buddy back again she's in tears.  Awwwwwww

Really! I thought he said she was going back to L.A., til I realized he was drawling Illinois...

• Love 2

* Whitney didn’t see any bears on the ATV excursion because, SCREAMING. 

* Heather, ATVing doesn’t make you a “badass”.  It’s called “some folks live in the wilderness and it’s how they get around”.

* Buddy and his whatever broke up, big surprise. Was it even a real relationship? 

* Whitney, you and Alaska are not a “thing”. It can’t handle all the screaming. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 15
14 minutes ago, EctoGammat said:

Good point. I’m planning a trip to the Poconos and was all excited looking at places with hot tubs... now I’m giving them the major side-eye... pee tubs, ugh. 

I wouldn't let that stop me -- I'm sure the proprietors do a heavy, duty cleanup with cholrine and/or other pool chemicals after each guest's departure.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, spacefly said:

I think that was The Hand Tram over Glacier Creek in Girdwood. I wonder who pulled her across, I am sure she did not do it herself.

That looks really cool!  Wish I had time to go there after our cruise.  Maybe next time!

2 minutes ago, aliya said:

Look at those boobs!  Also, why does she have to go so fast w/everything?  Just bike and enjoy the scenery. 

I maintain that the production crew hates her. They take so many unflattering shots of her. It can't be a mistake.

• LOL 7
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, Dot said:

I wouldn't let that stop me -- I'm sure the proprietors do a heavy, duty cleanup with cholrine and/or other pool chemicals after each guest's departure.

Apparently you haven't watched all of the 'Hotel Impossible' episodes as I have.  Don't be too sure. :  )

• Love 13
35 minutes ago, EctoGammat said:

Good point. I’m planning a trip to the Poconos and was all excited looking at places with hot tubs... now I’m giving them the major side-eye... pee tubs, ugh. 

After watching the 600 lbers, I feel the same about staying in any ground or first floor motel room anywhere on the journey to Houston.  

• LOL 13
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, aliya said:

Apparently you haven't watched all of the 'Hotel Impossible' episodes as I have.  Don't be too sure. :  )

I guess I just figure if I had thought about everything that could be bad before I had taken a trip -- in the days when I was able -- I would have just crawled into my bed & traveled nowhere.

Edited by Dot
  • Love 5

Welcome to Alaskerrrr...its Alaska and I love that she is already trudging around in her bare feet..Whitathon...Jesus take the wheel 😂 I loved Todds face when Whit was rubbing up on the stripper. "I need Tal at Whitathon" no concern for Tal of course...all about Whitney all the time.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 9

Sometimes when I fast forward my DVR jumps ahead too far - so I missed the hot tub and came back from commercial to them all carrying on with the stripper!  I came on here to find out if I was supposed to believe that a stripper just randomly knocked on their door 😄 She looks hilarious barreling through the woods in front of everyone.  

I thought it was funny when Buddy said he'd never been suspicious of a girl before Chelsea - I guess this is the first girl who's gotten to be on tv for dating him 😄  I wonder if she thought she'd be living in The Pigpen with Buddy and Whit and part of all the general shenanigans - not so fun being left at home at Mom & Dad's house while Buddy goes over there alone!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Snarkastikate said:

I hate biking!  Says the one who made everyone bike.  Boobs and stomach and ass a bouncin', screaming and wailing and panting away.   OMG 

Notice how she is out of breath and her 70+ dad is calm and not out of breath at all...easy bike ride mostly downhill ...Jesus Whit why charge down the trail, an Alaska hike is once in a lifetime enjoy your surroundings FFS!

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Dot said:

True, they’re on AirBnb so I can ask ahead of time... Whitney done traumatized me haha. These places do look much cleaner than the semi-skeezy Pocono timeshares my parents looked at when I was a kid. I distinctly remember 8 year old me telling my parents the big red heart-shaped tub was super awesome and we should stay there. I could not figure out why they looked embarrassed and not excited about this super cool tub lol

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, sara1025 said:

Only 10 minutes in, so far I just really need to say...STOP SAYING "ALASKERRRR"! I don't know why people think it's cute/cool to end words with -err instead of -a. Maybe I'm just behind the times, I don't know.

Add me to the list of people who want to punch her in the face for saying this.

So freaking juvenile. Saying things incorrectly is not cute AT ALL, unless you are an actual child (not an emotionally stunted adult who is just acting like one). Just grow up already Twat, you huge spoiled toddler. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

I like Heather’s purple hair colour on her. She would look best with a bang though, either a full blunt bang modern look or a sideswept more common look.

I hated hearing Alasker all the time, so annoying. What a great place though, I really love log cabins and would like to travel to Alaska.

I would have thought Whit would try to not complain at least for an hour or two to try and prove to her parents that Whitathon was a good idea. Complaining in the first minute of the adventure pretty much proves her parents point that this is all a very bad idea!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, MelissaMinion said:

I’m so glad I missed the hot tub. Did she announce it, or just let it go and pretend nothing was happening?

She announced it, and then made the barnacles get in after her.  She’s trash.

• Love 10

The line in the sand is drawn with pee, I guess--the hot tub incident has everyone on the MBFFL facebook page talking about that instead of how ~*~fabulous~*~ Whitney is. So foul!

Also, I saw the replay of Tal rolling his ankle--OUCH. It's no wonder it's the size of a grapefruit. He's not going to anything-a-thon.

I'm not there in the show yet, but does Whitney mention how they're getting back? I hear 5 mile bike ride to the trailhead, then 5 mile hike-rappel. Then, another 5 miles home? Did they really do 15 miles round trip? Whitney notwithstanding, most people wouldn't do that unless they were relatively fit already. Of this group, that might be Todd, and MAYBE Tal. Definitely not the parents or Boo Bear or Eeyore, to say nothing of Whitney herself.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

She announced it, and then made the barnacles get in after her.  She’s trash.

She is absolutely disgusting. You could not have paid me enough to get in that piss tub. Proud of your little girl, Mom & Dad? Proud to be her friend, Barnacles?

Can she shut her flipping mouth for two seconds? Scream on the RV's, scream at the stripper, scream while going slower than hell on a bike, on completely flat ground....SHUT UP Twit. Seriously, just shut the hell up. Permanently. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 18

Re: the show producers deliberately getting bad shots of her - I happened to look at the tv at one point when there was a closeup of the back of her leg as she was getting out of the hot tub and OMG THAT WAS HORRIBLE. So yeah, I'd agree.

And, she was insanely annoying on the bike - starting when Tal and Todd made innocuous comments along the lines of how they were having fun, and she's all CAN"T YOU SEE I"M NOT ENJOYING MYSELF????? Because of course all about her. And then the whole "I HATE THE BIKE" blah blah. Just shut up already. Me being someone who LOVES to ride a bike, that was just beyond annoying.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Snarkastikate said:

Oh Buddy's fake phony actress girlfriend is moving "back" to Illinois?  With non-existent child too I suppose.   And Twit so relieved she's got her Buddy back again she's in tears.  Awwwwwww

Now he will hop on a plane to Alaska. He doesn't have money to get a place of his own but can afford a plane ticket and I'm sure his new employer is just fine with the time off. I hate the sick relationship between Boo Bear and Whitney. Whit was crying on the phone with him and Heather was like WTF? 

I see no purpose what so ever for Whitney's parents to be on this trip. 

The stripper scene was revolting. Such a fun circle of friends. Beautiful cabin, though. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Snarkastikate said:

Oh Buddy's fake phony actress girlfriend is moving "back" to Illinois?  With non-existent child too I suppose.   

It's easy to assume Chelsea & daughter were some of the phoniness on this contrived, over-scripted "reality" show. But if you had followed Buddy on his IG page last year, you'd know they were real. Buddy was quite smitten with Chelsea & he had many, many photos of him, Chelsea & daughter on visits to her in IL.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
On 2/24/2019 at 12:09 PM, Brooklynista said:

These people sure do injure themselves a lot. Mayhaps they should sit down and get real jobs.

I know this has nothing to do with the show, but my husband and I use the word “mayhaps” all the time (I’m pretty sure maybe and perhaps no longer exist in our active vocabulary).   I’m sure we heard it it read it somewhere at some point, but we’ve been using it for so long, I thought we made it up.  I’m delighted to see we aren’t the only ones.

• LOL 3

I also hate “Alasker” and someone please tell me I’m not the only one who hears “Towel” when she says “Tal.” I thought it was some weird accent but now I wonder if she’s trying to be cute. (Fail!)

she really peed and narrated it also? That is like actual mentally ill gehavior. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

A few moments from the scream-a-thon. The horror...oh the horror.

The barnacles were concerned about Twit, because Alaska will be a repeat of Hawaii, and Hawaii was horrible. Hawaii will never be the same, and neither will Alaska. 

A stripper named Wolf arrived at the lodge dressed in lumberjack plaid shirt because it’s mandatory stripper garb in Alaska, and whenever  I think of Alask–er I automatically think male strippers. 😜

Twit pees in the hot tub like the overgrown toddler that she is, and no big surprise, but the barnacles quickly join her in the tub soon after.

Daddy Glenn creepily kissing baby Twit full on the lips after she completes  a short bike ride down a path.

Buddy calls Twit to tell her that his TLC gf contract ended so they’re donesville. Whit is all concerned that he’ll snort up all the cat litter in the house. So He’s taking the next plane to Alaska, because it was already booked in advance of his fake breakup. 

To sum it up, there was a whole lot of loud braying, and screaming and fleshy parts jiggling too close to the camera.  More of same next week. 

DDF89371-52D0-464A-A2FB-083E91BD2760.jpeg

359F05AD-3E33-4761-9B4A-BF1DC01C4ED2.jpeg

8BC69199-5D6B-463A-B60E-61B106311EBA.jpeg

Edited by Barbara Please
Additional content
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4

I'm enjoying the photo of Twit charging ahead down the path, glistening with sweat, arms a-pumpin', one shoulder of her top falling off her shoulder (not for fashion's sake either) and the guys just strolling along looking cool and relaxed. The contrast between the two says it all.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11

What was the point of this? Seriously... you're traveling to a state with some of the most beautiful, pristine wilderness and do nothing where you actually take the time to enjoy it. No, it's a mad dash through the forest with Whiney braying like a donkey (no insult intended to donkeys) the whole time. No chance on seeing any of the local wildlife with her bellowing because she would scare off everything in a twenty mile radius.

Most of the ep was just a bore. Am over the manufactured drama of Heather, Buddy, et al. Felt for Tal because ankle injuries totally suck (having had enough of them in my life). As for Whitney... yeah, she's a disgusting mess. Bad enough to pee in the hot tub, but to announce it? And then expect everyone to happily join her in her pee water? The one saving grace here is that hot tube are so heavily loaded with chemicals because they're perfect breeding grounds for germs that nothing short of ebola will survive in it. But still...

And after having experienced onsens in Japan where you bathe before getting into the onsen itself (and I know that there are similar practices in Korean public baths, which I assume Whitney would have experienced while she was there), it's kind of inexcusable to behave the way Whitney did. She's so gross...

Edited by Hana Chan
  • Love 16