Type keyword(s) to search

S38.E01: It Smells Like Success

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

40 minutes ago, violet and green said:

Well, the 'three' were not exactly tight given Keith tattled on them in three seconds flat.

They are a power couple. Kelley, being arrogant and entitled and/or 'cool' is automatically going to mow down the meeker and be bowed down to by many - she steered the notion of the 'three' as first vote-off choices with an offhand joke.

She is also, we heard in that early confessional, adored by college athlete and personable pretty-girl Lauren, who will follow her about like a lap dog - and who Kelley was expressly working on bonding with, she told us, and demonstrated her 'people skills' as she did so.

If Kelley had power and authority in that tribe before whatever vote - and she did -and Lauren is glued to her hip panting with hero-worship, and the men are also  - gosh! - more likely to vote out the goofy woman or the older woman or the sweet 'nerdy' black guy over the 'pretty girl' and the authoratitive 'cool girl'... then they are a power couple. A for more threatening power couple/voting block than those idiots who spoon in the shelter from night one.

LOL they are Not a power duo or whatever. it was the first damn vote. Seriously doubt those two are running the whole tribe. If there was less people it would be a problem. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, jay741982 said:

LOL they are Not a power duo or whatever. it was the first damn vote. Seriously doubt those two are running the whole tribe. If there was less people it would be a problem. 

I don't doubt they are a power pairing and waiting until later to break these pairs up is just asking for trouble.  Wentworth is now a 2-tiered threat.  A returnee AND in a power pairing.  Anyone on that tribe not seeing it is blind as a bat.  She was the best option to vote out at first tribal but the "cool kids" screwed up totally.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, green said:

I don't doubt they are a power pairing and waiting until later to break these pairs up is just asking for trouble.  Wentworth is now a 2-tiered threat.  A returnee AND in a power pairing.  Anyone on that tribe not seeing it is blind as a bat.  She was the best option to vote out at first tribal but the "cool kids" screwed up totally.

It's not a power pairing at all. Geez it was one tribal there Is no power duo or pair or whatever. How bout David? Hes a vet. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, violet and green said:

Well, the 'three' were not exactly tight given Keith tattled on them in three seconds flat.

They are a power couple. Kelley, being arrogant and entitled and/or 'cool' is automatically going to mow down the meeker and be bowed down to by many - she steered the notion of the 'three' as first vote-off choices with an offhand joke.

She is also, we heard in that early confessional, adored by college athlete and personable pretty-girl Lauren, who will follow her about like a lap dog - and who Kelley was expressly working on bonding with, she told us, and demonstrated her 'people skills' as she did so.

If Kelley had power and authority in that tribe before whatever vote - and she did -and Lauren is glued to her hip panting with hero-worship, and the men are also  - gosh! - more likely to vote out the goofy woman or the older woman or the sweet 'nerdy' black guy over the 'pretty girl' and the authoratitive 'cool girl'... then they are a power couple. A for more threatening power couple/voting block than those idiots who spoon in the shelter from night one.

LOL  "Pretty girls" have went out early plenty of times. There are NO power duos on day freaking 3. 

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, jay741982 said:

LOL  "Pretty girls" have went out early plenty of times. There are NO power duos on day freaking 3. 

Yeah repeating your opinion without any reasons given does not make it stronger. You have got an answer and you have dismissed it just because. So let's go on. 

We are on season 38, they should know by now that returning players are the ones that should go first. Get rid of Kelly and give the message to the other tribe to get rid of the veterans as well and take it from there.

When a split happens, these 4 veterans could have the majority, who do we think they will vote out!? The newbies of course. Then smart ass Rick will regret voting out Reem.

The game had given them the greatest gift, the majority of the numbers, not having to worry for 4 tribal councils and they ruined it.

• Love 13
Just now, himela said:

Get rid of Kelly and give the message to the other tribe to get rid of the veterans as well and take it from there.

Considering the Secret Scene, they're already thinking about it without any message being sent.

8 hours ago, violet and green said:

Kelley, being arrogant and entitled and/or 'cool' is automatically going to mow down the meeker and be bowed down to by many

Man, being arrogant and entitled automatically gives you power over many, I have been misunderstanding Survivor all these years!

I think both sides' "arguments" for voting their way was equally valid, in that they were both completely arbitrary and that is the best you can expect on the first vote.  You just make something up and hope it sticks.  No, I don't think Kelley and some random newbie are already some kind of dominating power couple, the new Romber.  No, I also don't think Keith getting a swimming lesson meant there was a tight three of schemers who were plotting nefarious deeds in the water.  Who cares?  There was an excuse for the dislikeable news anchor to target someone who wasn't him, which served everyone else who wasn't targeted just as well, and there was an excuse for Reem to point the target at Kelley. 

Now personally I find it strange to expect Kelley to say "you know what, in the spirit of fairness, vote me out because this lady says so" instead of being so entitled and arrogant as to not be voted out first and it is very hard for me to blame her, of all people, for not going along with Reem's plan.  When Person A is voting for me and Person B suggests voting Person A instead, I'm personally more likely to agree with Person B, entitled though it might be of me. 

Now the other people, why don't they vote off Kelley, I dunno.  It's hard to say since we got zero insight from them that I can recall.  I tend to think my instinct would be the same as Reem's: get rid of the returnees ASAP.  But it's trickier when there's two of them.  I tend to think David is the more threatening of the two, since Kelley has never, in her Survivor career, been in the driver's seat of any tribe.  In Second Chances she was consistently on the defensive from the Shirin vote onwards, and I guess it is consistent that everyone loved her then because she was the underdog and hates her now because she sits I guess in this titanic position of power as one-half of an invincible Power Couple who will inevitably run roughshod over the entire game Dom & Wendell style.  Magically the eye-rolls which Gave Us Life now are The Worst and Kelley is Canceled, in the great circle of Survivor life.  Anyway, voting her out was a fine idea, but ideas are as useful as a fake idol out there: they're nothing without the proper execution.  And Reem obviously did not have that.  It's OK, she'll get her chance...on the EDGE of EXTINCTION!!!

dramatic-chipmunk1.gif

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, KimberStormer said:

Man, being arrogant and entitled automatically gives you power over many

No, being arrogant and entitled means you are more likely to seize power over others - as is your (perceived) 'right'.

David, Moustache, (and Aubry, less so), all have a certain power as returnees who know the ropes and who are viewed with respect/seen as threats, also. But that is different.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, green said:

David isn't in a power pair.

Well, he might be. 

We saw him with Dan when the latter was talking to Wendy about the Reem vote.  When Dan was considering voting for Wendy after that conversation, one of the questions he put to David was (paraphrasing), "what would be the better move for us?"

It may not have been brought up as blatantly as the Kelley-Lauren pairing, but there does appear to be a second pair in David and Dan.

• Love 2

I see Kelly as more of a threat because there are people verbally talking about how much they like her and want to play with her. Joe is the same on the other tribe. David and Aubrey are dangerous because they are vets and play a more subtle game. But I would target the Vet that the others in the tribe are slobbering over because it is clear that you cannot work with those people when they are being guided by the Vet. And Lauren is allowing herself to be guided by Kelly. 

The first vote is always interesting because you are looking for any reason to vote people out. Reem made some gaffs and put a target on her back. She was incredulious at tribal that people were willing to vote her off because she was drying peoples clothes. And yes, it was more then that to many folks but that was not Reem’s intention. 

I suspect that there are other alliances forming, we really didn’t see much of what was happening around camp other then Reem drying things and reminding people to drink water, the swim lesson, and people disussing Reem. When we see Lauren, she is with Kelly. When we see David he is less obvious and talking with more people. David also went with the dude with the ridiculous nickname to talk to Wendy, which gives the appearence that David is including more people. It makes Dave appear to be less of a pair and more flexible. Flexible other people can work with. 

In the Rob vs Russell season, one tribe saw Russell as a threat to be removed right away and the other saw Rob as an asset to keep around until the merge. Now, that could have been because Russell was a known asshole and no one wanted to play with him and Rob is a decent guy with a good social game. I think Philip wanted to get rid of Rob sooner but Rob had wormed his way into the majority alliance and the rest was history. It will be interesting to see how this season plays out but I would be very worried about all the vets.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

It will be interesting to see how this season plays out but I would be very worried about all the vets.

It certainly will, because I read on another site that Jeff's pick to win the $$ is Wentworth.

Here's his quote:

JP: Joe will have the hardest time, but he’ll last a while; his record is undeniable. Once you get to individual portion, people know they just can’t risk it. David is the dark horse, the one people don’t really understand. My pick is Wentworth to win the game. She’s got so many skills. I would never vote these four early. They have too much experience.

Edited by preeya
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, violet and green said:

A "power couple" is usually two people of the opposite sex, who get involved romantically, and are perceived by the others to be an unbreakable voting pair, who will put each other above anyone else.

I have seen zero indication that either Kelley or Lauren would put the other's interest above their own.  Lauren MIGHT have a little hero worship towards Kelley, but that doesn't mean she will follow her blindly.  As for Kelley, I have little doubt she would throw Lauren under the bus if it suited her game.  

I didn't see Kelley as an authority figure.  If anything, I think her insecurity about being a prime target led her to immediately jump in with the idea that Reem, Wendy and Keith were separating themselves.  It was Ron Burgundy's observation, and then I believe Kelley jumped in and made a joke along the lines of "6 vs. 3, good, I'm glad that's settled."  She seemed to be, wisely, playing an "anyone but me" strategy.   

I think most or all of the 6 probably felt more or less the same way.  "Whew, 3 people have given the rest an excuse to target them, so I think I can rest easy for at least 1 TC."   

• Love 6
13 hours ago, himela said:

Yeah repeating your opinion without any reasons given does not make it stronger. You have got an answer and you have dismissed it just because. So let's go on. 

We are on season 38, they should know by now that returning players are the ones that should go first. Get rid of Kelly and give the message to the other tribe to get rid of the veterans as well and take it from there.

When a split happens, these 4 veterans could have the majority, who do we think they will vote out!? The newbies of course. Then smart ass Rick will regret voting out Reem.

The game had given them the greatest gift, the majority of the numbers, not having to worry for 4 tribal councils and they ruined it.

Why should returning players go out first?  Getting rid of them goes against typical Survivor strategy of keeping somewhat stronger players around, to help with challenges and camp life, and then getting rid of them just before, or just after the merge.  

As for "pretty girls", depending up who you consider to be a "pretty girl" I'd say at least 7 have gone out first and perhaps as many as 11 or 12.    

There is plenty of time left to go after strategic threats and/or challenge beasts.   There is a risk of waiting too long to do it, but we are nowhere close to that point, yet.  

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 1

ONE episode in, and people are already talking about power couples. Huh.

To me, it was just the usual first episode banter about people immediately scrambling to find SOMEBODY that might keep them from being the first voted out.

• Love 3

Yeah...I thought I missed some extra episode this week or something cause it was way too soon to be seeing power pairs. I certainly didn't see enough yet to say.

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, mikewho said:

ONE episode in, and people are already talking about power couples. Huh.

To me, it was just the usual first episode banter about people immediately scrambling to find SOMEBODY that might keep them from being the first voted out.

I think the rule for the first episode is, if you haven't had sex, or become engaged to be married, you are not a power couple, yet.

• LOL 2

The fact that there's a Wardog and some people refuse to call him by that is confusing as hell for me. I keep seeing Dan and being like 'who the fuck is Dan?" And as I'm typing this I'm realizing I don't know if the Dan people are talking about is even Wardog lol. Hopefully it'll get easier after a few eps. Or, better yet, Wardog will be gone soon!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I think the rule for the first episode is, if you haven't had sex, or become engaged to be married, you are not a power couple, yet.

And if you aren't one of those people, just run around looking for an Alliance! Alliance! ANYBODY! Align with me! We can make it to the END! First things first! Alliance!

It's always the same in episode ONE.

I, for one, am sick of the damn alliances. Most episodes are all about strategy, and I get tired of it.

Now I'm to the point where I look forward to the challenges. At least there's some suspense there about which tribe will win. And some human reaction from the tribe that doesn't. And that's only about 5 minutes.

31 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

This is problematic. It means you're going to have to dive through the TV screen, which I've already tried and it didn't work, go back through I guess a tunnel in time, and grab Reem by that well contraption, preferably by the scruff of the neck and let her know in no uncertain terms that even though Lauren and Kelley are okay, seemingly, 'pretty tight', they are NOT in any way shape of form, anything like a 'power couple'! It's the first episode, goddamit! Better tell Wendy, too, while you're there.

I think she had a good point - they needed to be split up - or more accurately, Kelley needed to be ejected (though I am glad she wasn't as I do enjoy seeing her nostrils flare in rage and disgust at tribal, and all round it will be more interesting having her on the island as opposed to Extinction Island).

-----

I think a better general rule for the first episode, and all subsequent episodes, is overall: don't grab a phrase someone has used in a post - in this instance actually quoting from the episode! - and take it - for bonus points, if you can, take it completely out of context - and beat the poster or posters over the head with it.

That would be my suggestion for correct conduct on any thread with regard to any word, word coupling, or phrase.

If, however, one has made a serious lapse, such as accidentally calling a tribe swap a merge (gasp!) then one should be politely drawn up on that.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

A "power couple" is usually two people of the opposite sex, who get involved romantically, and are perceived by the others to be an unbreakable voting pair, who will put each other above anyone else.

I think a power couple has come to mean these days any combo of two people making basically a final two deal early on and being pretty obvious about it.  And I do NOT think the editors went way out of their way to show these two as one unless there really is fire where there is smoke.  Follow the editors' storyline and it is pretty clear these two are a power couple because the editors were dropping anvils on us about that from the very first minute the returnees boated in and the other young woman was gushing before Kelley even stepped on the boat.  Editors don't use that footage unless there is a reason for it.

53 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

The fact that there's a Wardog and some people refuse to call him by that is confusing as hell for me.

I agree.  If a person has a name they keep showing on Survivor that keeps appearing on the screen then that is the name we should use here because otherwise what the hell?  Doesn't matter if you like their Survivor name or nickname.  You are messing with your readers here and no one else on the forum will know who the poster is talking about.  It is confusing enough to learn the names of players without posters here changing their names further.  Either just describe the person graphically and/or use their Survivor name please so we know who the hell you are talking about.  Thanks in advance.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, green said:

And I do NOT think the editors went way out of their way to show these two as one unless there really is fire where there is smoke. 

I mean, did they?  I didn't see it at all.  I am taking your guys word that the girl who gushed about Kelley on the boat was on her tribe, because I never saw her.  I could count the number of seconds she was onscreen on one hand.  I saw that confessional as simply advertising for the returnees for people who've never seen their seasons -- people love Kelley!  People love Joe!  They're Survivor Famous!  Certainly not that this is an important alliance to watch going forward.  I mean, it could be, but it didn't read that way to me at all.

They have to include Reem's saying that they're a tight pair since that was the argument she made for voting out Kelley, so I don't think that indicates anything one way or the other.  I can't say she struck me as so clued-in to the tribe dynamics that we have to take her word for it.  I saw Gavin and somebody -- firefighter guy? -- as a duo; I didn't notice Kelley and Lauren talking at all, much less plotting together.

I think people (on the island and on the internet) forget that what made Rob dangerous was not having an alliance with Amber but having an alliance with everyone else as well?  I really don't understand the obsession with power couples they have out there.

• Love 2
On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 3:11 AM, SVNBob said:

First Secret Scene of the season.  It's most of Kama (the Yellow Tribe) talking about the two elephants in their room, and what to do about them.

With the talk of the vets being potential early targets to leave, I wonder how hard Probst will spin it at TC to try and make that respective tribe keep them around because of their experience.  I'd throw in 'if you were in their shoes would you want people targeting you just for being a returning player.'  This seems all about resume building for Gavin and Eric, but at the end of the day will anyone care that they managed to get rid of Joe?  I've just never been one of those people that think it's a big deal to get rid of a strong player, unless you do it in spectacular fashion.  At this point, I don't think Joe would be extremely shocked to go, and it looks like Eric and Gavin aren't the only ones potentially wanting them gone.  

Edited by LadyChatts
11 hours ago, KimberStormer said:

I didn't notice Kelley and Lauren talking at all, much less plotting together.

Were they shown talking at all outside of the 'Hey I play soccer too so we should be best friends!" scene? I can't remember. I do think there's a strong chance the 'star struck at Kelley girl' (Lauren?) could become a real sycophant of Kelley's and/or that they prove to actually be a pair, but I think there's as strong a chance they don't even work together at all going forward.

• Love 3

We might not have seen it but Wendy and Reem sure saw something. They could have come up with anyone else to target but somehow they were able to tie Lauren to Kelly. And we saw Lauren gushing in the talking heads about Kelly so I suspect that there is a reason to believe that the two are together a fair amount more then what we saw.

RE Kelley and Lauren: they may have excellent potential to become a Power Couple / Power Pair / Super Duper Duo / whatever; I think it’s WAY premature to slap that label on them, however, when we’ve yet to see them demonstrate ANY effective exercise of power - like actively campaigning to sway a TC vote their way.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

The fact that there's a Wardog and some people refuse to call him by that is confusing as hell for me. I keep seeing Dan and being like 'who the fuck is Dan?" And as I'm typing this I'm realizing I don't know if the Dan people are talking about is even Wardog lol. Hopefully it'll get easier after a few eps. Or, better yet, Wardog will be gone soon!

Yea, not calling him wardog and absolutely not calling him warthog.  warpuppy maybe.  Dan is fine.  

• Love 1
On 2/21/2019 at 11:14 AM, phlebas said:

In my mind, Reem spend that first night huddled next to that ruined boat in the rain, chanting the names of her enemies over and over again like Arya Stark.

Probably not a good idea to get on the shit list of a strong woman with a bad attitude named "Reem."   The name has certain connotations.

ream

verb

reamed; reaming; reams

Definition of ream (Entry 2 of 2)

transitive verb

1a: to widen the opening of (a hole)

• Love 1

Well, then, Joe is back {sigh}. My girlfriend nearly fell to the floor in paroxysms of delight when they showed his leg muscles flexing while he was making the fire. Now it will be another season of "The Joe Show" in my house!

I hope Reem comes back and kicks all their asses. They always get rid of the older women first. Such misogyny in this show, and it's not just the males who discriminate -- it's the females too. Sure Reem is a big pain, but everyone is, Warthog and all!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

the 'Hey I play soccer too so we should be best friends!" scene

Oh right the soccer scene.  That was something, at least.  Not sure it was something that screams incredibly dangerous ride or die unbreakable bond to me, but it does at least suggest working together.

The early days of the season are so funny.  We're like people on CSI looking for some tiny scrap of evidence with tweezers and microscopes.  Later in the season, we will have people literally saying "THIS IS MY FINAL FIVE ALLIANCE" in confessional and we'll all be basing our guesses and strategy ideas on that but then the next episode it will turn out that was totally made up by the editors and was a red herring.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Dominii said:

Well, then, Joe is back {sigh}. My girlfriend nearly fell to the floor in paroxysms of delight when they showed his leg muscles flexing while he was making the fire. Now it will be another season of "The Joe Show" in my house!

I hope Reem comes back and kicks all their asses. They always get rid of the older women first. Such misogyny in this show, and it's not just the males who discriminate -- it's the females too. Sure Reem is a big pain, but everyone is, Warthog and all!

It isn't misogyny when they vote out older, weaker women, early, when performance in group challenges is important to the tribe.  It is not misandry when, post merge, or just before the merge they target athletic males who have been dominating in challenges.   It is strategy.  

2 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

It isn't misogyny when they vote out older, weaker women, early, when performance in group challenges is important to the tribe. 

Well, it is kind of misogyny to state and keep restating like it's an actual fact that older women are weaker. Some are, some aren't; it's not a given.

How is it misogyny, you ask? Well, older women being viewed as somehow a separate species to younger women, whether by males or females, goes hand in glove with a view that women are only as good as their youthful looks, sexual desirability, and procreative potential.

Voting an older woman out who is also annoying is one easy tribe move, but keeping her around could well be strategy. Comparing the early vote out of an older woman who is in your view guaranteed to be weaker (than... who? In this instance, Keith? Anyone one the planet?!) to the strategic vote out of athletic men who keep winning individual immunity is chalk and cheese.

• Love 10

There are no "power couples" in the game on day 3. What we have are tight pairs and those tight pairs while harmless now COULD become dangerous if they are allowed to stay in the game for too long.  I think we have seen this play out in prior seasons. Now I am not saying this is the case with Kelley or Lauren (or Eric and Gavin) for that matter but I can understand why people might want to target them now.

• Love 1

I seem to remember Delusional Debbie/Debby/Debi of the countless jobs and talents being an older woman who stuck around quite awhile.  She was harder to get rid of than an infestation of cockroaches - and was just as annoying.

Edited by EllenB
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 2/24/2019 at 4:54 AM, green said:

Nope.  David isn't in a power pair.  Kelley is.

It's not a damm power pair lol they are 2 In a tribe of 9 now. Only 2. They arent running the tribe 

Edited by jay741982
21 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

We might not have seen it but Wendy and Reem sure saw something. They could have come up with anyone else to target but somehow they were able to tie Lauren to Kelly. And we saw Lauren gushing in the talking heads about Kelly so I suspect that there is a reason to believe that the two are together a fair amount more then what we saw.

Of wendy was doing this taliking to another "pair" maybe she just wants to target women. David's a vet but she's only focusing on Kelly the woman

5 minutes ago, jay741982 said:

Of wendy was doing this taliking to another "pair" maybe she just wants to target women. David's a vet but she's only focusing on Kelly the woman

Maybe David was talking to other people and did not seem to be overly attached. Maybe there were more people talking about wanting to play with Kelly making Kelly a bigger threat. Kelly has the bigger Survivor mythos then David does so it would be easier to see why Kelly was the initial target. David is David, Kelly is Wentworth. There is something to be said for Probsts choice of name and a persons reputation in the game. Maybe David was the next target after Kelly because he was a vet.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, violet and green said:

Well, it is kind of misogyny to state and keep restating like it's an actual fact that older women are weaker. Some are, some aren't; it's not a given.

How is it misogyny, you ask? Well, older women being viewed as somehow a separate species to younger women, whether by males or females, goes hand in glove with a view that women are only as good as their youthful looks, sexual desirability, and procreative potential.

Voting an older woman out who is also annoying is one easy tribe move, but keeping her around could well be strategy. Comparing the early vote out of an older woman who is in your view guaranteed to be weaker (than... who? In this instance, Keith? Anyone one the planet?!) to the strategic vote out of athletic men who keep winning individual immunity is chalk and cheese.

Were any of the older women voted out first challenge beasts?  I suspect that most actually were the weakest or among the weakest in their tribes.

Even if a one or two might have been voted off based upon assumptions, rather than actually being the weakest, that is not "misogny", it is playing the percentages.

If you had to choose a team, for an athletic contest, for a lot of money, and all you had to go on was their age, gender and appearance, would you choose all the older women first?  I think most people would pick the younger, most fit looking males first, then the younger more fit looking women or average looking males, then the older males and finally the older women.

There is a chance they could end up passing on a couple of middle aged women who are Olympic champions.  But, the odds are, the older women will be the weakest physically.  

Also, older women are not targeted first as often as people probably think.  Roughly 10 have been voted out first, which is about the same number of "pretty girls" voted out first.

Edited by Bryce Lynch

It will be interesting to see if they show an after Tribal Council stuff back at camp with Reem talk. Then it would be funny if they then cut to Reem on EI. When we last saw her it was raining buckets so I'm hoping she survives at least the first night. Poor thing. LOL!!!

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

It will be interesting to see if they show an after Tribal Council stuff back at camp with Reem talk. Then it would be funny if they then cut to Reem on EI. When we last saw her it was raining buckets so I'm hoping she survives at least the first night. Poor thing. LOL!!!

There was the broken hull of a ship with furled sails. Meaning, there is more then enough material to make a shelter without many tools at EI. Take down the sails, put one on the ground, temporarily, wedge some more sail into the wall and make a covering and she should stay dry even without building something stronger. Or take some of the boards that are lying down, lean them on an angle off of the ship hull and make a lean too. Use the sails on the sand for the night and over the wood, to make more of an enclosure and keep in heat. It won't be comfortable but it should be more dry and warm then huddling. And she has a torch that she can use for light and to start a small fire. Dig a pit in the sand to keep the fire better contained.

I suspect that there will be a fire starter provided in the near future.

• Useful 2
6 hours ago, ByaNose said:

It is funny that she wished for pouring rain while leaving TC, not realizing that she would be the only one caught in it without any shelter.  

• Love 1