Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E06: Week 6 - Vietnam

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

I was one who swore I would not watch but broke down and caught a episode. I wanted to be at least a little familiar with the women as to know the next Bette somewhat. But I have to agree that the season is going much better than I expected. He's actually pulling off that he's interested in these women's lives and is way more articulate than I thought he would be. I agree as @HappyDancex2 said that he's not as boring as Arie was.  But I don't believe for a instant that he's actually wanting to be married at the end of this. Like Nick Viall or Jordan Rogers I believe he's hoping to parlay this into a acting or maybe a sportscasting role.

Edited by yorklee2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, Bethanne said:

I feel stupid for asking this but what is the “Bachelor Handshake?”

It's when the women run to the Bachelor when they first see him (usually on a one on one) and jump into his arms and wrap their legs around him.

It's the wrapping the legs around him that's key to the BH. It's totally unnecessary but it's been done so many times now that it would seem out of the ordinary (but welcome) if they didn't.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 5
On 2/12/2019 at 10:45 AM, Lamb18 said:

Demi still seems like she's a little kid playing at being a grownup, even in her seduction scene. It's like she's reciting her lines from a script.

DEMI = Problems for the rest of her life.   For herself and anyone involved with her.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Bethanne said:

I wish he wasn't a famewhore. 

If he's truly what he appears, he should think about getting some psychology degrees and working toward being some sort of therapist.  He does listen.  He has insight.  He truly seems kind.

• Love 4

We~Colton has suprised me. He's not as boring and I expected. And it's very easy to tell who he's really into. He definitely has a type, tiny cute blondes. He was 100% never into Tia in the slightest. He is totally different with these women than he ever was with tia

Colton didn't look at her with even a quarter of the interest he shows some of the ladies. He is a smitten kitten (tm one of the ladies) with Hannah G and Cassie. He's attracted to the one girl whose is drop dead gorgeous but her name escapes me right now (she's divorced) . She is clearly not into him but is playing nice. I'm confused as to why he's into Hannah b. She's quirky and pretty but they don't seem to have a spark. 

Edited by kira28
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, kira28 said:

I'm confused as to why he's into Hannah b. She's quirky and pretty but they don't seem to have a spark. 

I think this is mainly because in this situation that is all pressure whenever they get together she is funny and smiles and is a self-confessed dork. If I were there I'd need someone to make me laugh and blow off a little steam or it would just become a march to the end... but then I've come to like Hannah B so YMMV.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

If he's truly what he appears, he should think about getting some psychology degrees and working toward being some sort of therapist.  He does listen.  He has insight.  He truly seems kind.

That’s a great assessment of him. Without knowing much about him, would imagine he’s a lot like my husband. He grew up with a lot of female friends, because he is kind and a good listener, was always a favorite babysitter because he’s that special type of person who “gets” and connects with kids, and went into the Education field. I can see Colton as a teacher or guidance counselor. 

8 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

I think this is mainly because in this situation that is all pressure whenever they get together she is funny and smiles and is a self-confessed dork. If I were there I'd need someone to make me laugh and blow off a little steam or it would just become a march to the end... but then I've come to like Hannah B so YMMV.

Yep, perfect word. At the end of the day he’s that dork who never had many girlfriends and still can’t believe all the hot girls want him now. Hence the reason why The First Sex will “be the most wonderful experience” for both of them. Sorry, hon, it’ll be fireworks and diary-worthy for you and two minutes of awkward for any one of them except for Dimples Barbie. 

Edited by Bethanne
  • Love 3
On 2/12/2019 at 2:27 PM, Wandering Snark said:

When Demi went to talk to bed Colton did she have her best extensions in or something? At one point I remarked how long her hair was in that shot from behind. We'd seen her with long hair but not that long, right?

I can't imagine them all without their contacts in lashes on extensions in no makeup on. Would be quite the shocker I'd bet.

I was wondering the same thing. I noticed how long her hair looked, and I didn't remember noticing that last week. So she has extensions? If so, they looked pretty good from the back. 

What about Heather? Her hair is also very long. Also extensions? 

I'm not spoiled and (still) think Cassie is the final one. I think she and Hannah G. will be the last two. Although Colton is really attracted to both, I think he clicks more with Cassie. Or maybe I just think Cassie seems a bit smarter and more articulate than Hannah G? I don't know. 

I thought of Cassie as kind of plain-pretty until this week. She actually looked better with her hair up IMO. Hannah G. is very cute to me but not gorgeous. Just my opinion. She is certainly attractive. 

Colton may be a virgin, but his dates with Cassie last week and Hannah G. this week were a lot more sexual than any other non-fantasy-suite dates I remember seeing on The Bachelor. Whoever he picks is going to have a hard time watching his date with the other woman.

On 2/11/2019 at 9:25 PM, Wandering Snark said:

does this 'showing up at the bachelor's room unannounced' thing ever end in something other than a ride to the airport?

It worked for Courtney Robertson, who sealed the deal with Ben Flapjack by going to his room after he's been on a date with another woman and getting him to go skinny-dipping with her. Whether being picked by Ben Flapjack was a desirable outcome is another story.

On 2/12/2019 at 1:29 PM, NoWhammies said:

Deduction of Doom

I think you meant to say Seduction of Doom, but I'm totally going to work "Deduction of Doom" into a conversation with one of my mathematician friends.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, chocolatine said:
On 2/12/2019 at 2:29 PM, NoWhammies said:

Deduction of Doom

I think you meant to say Seduction of Doom, but I'm totally going to work "Deduction of Doom" into a conversation with one of my mathematician friends.

Or with Sherlock Holmes.

• LOL 1
On 2/13/2019 at 8:34 PM, kira28 said:

I'm confused as to why he's into Hannah b. She's quirky and pretty but they don't seem to have a spark. 

I think Hanna B. is well beyond quirky.  Her eyes (and some behaviors) tell all to beware.  She wouldn't be as much trouble as Demi would--but close. 

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

I think Hanna B. is well beyond quirky.  Her eyes (and some behaviors) tell all to beware.  She wouldn't be as much trouble as Demi would--but close. 

In general one should be wary of anyone who claims to be a "hot mess express" but I think Hannah B is 'mostly harmless'. Should you catch a Hannah Beast you'd need to hold on tight for the ride though.

Demi I think has obvious issues from her family's turbulance.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

Demi kinda reminds me of Tonya Harding as portrayed in the film I, Tonya. Verbally tough, sassy and with a troubled family. The only difference is that Tonya is physically tough while Demi is more of a girly girl. 

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, lynxfx said:

Demi kinda reminds me of Tonya Harding as portrayed in the film I, Tonya. Verbally tough, sassy and with a troubled family. The only difference is that Tonya is physically tough while Demi is more of a girly girl. 

I don't get that impression at all. Demi's mother was in prison for embezzlement, which is a white-collar crime usually committed by very senior-level employees of large companies or organizations who have privileged access to cash, bank accounts, etc. Since Demi's mother was in federal prison for several years, she must have embezzled very large sums of money. People like that usually have the arrogant mindset that they are smarter than everyone and won't get caught. 

The fallout of her mother's crime must have been hard for Demi, but from her intro video it looks like she has a loving father and stepmother, so she was still taken care of after her mother went away.

• Love 2
On 2/13/2019 at 8:18 PM, call me ishmael said:

Corinne, in Nick’s season.

Yes, but she had that bounce house.  He probably figured that was a one on one.

Yeah, IIRC, Corinne made her own one-on-ones in group settings (insert BiP joke here).

This season is very confusing to me. Every "villain" sent home by halfway through, every feuding duo either sent home or resolving their issues on their own...who the hell is going to get the 2-on-1 and be left to die in the desert at this point? 

I find it a struggle to finish the episodes even though I watch them on Hulu with no commercials. After the first hour, it feels like it should be over. I don't know, there's just no "there" there. 

Was the feud between Onyeka and Nicole in this episode or a previous one? That was truly one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. "Someone told me something, so I must go tell Colton!" And the "something" was so incredibly mild. If that's what's passing for "drama" in this season, no wonder I can barely get through the episodes.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

In general one should be wary of anyone who claims to be a "hot mess express" but I think Hannah B is 'mostly harmless'. Should you catch a Hannah Beast you'd need to hold on tight for the ride though.

What's funny is that I think she called herself the "hot mess express" thinking it was an adorable thing to say (complete with horn hand motion), unaware that it's actually true. She IS - and it's not cute. It's odd, it's a dated expression, and it's juvenile.

16 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I don't get that impression at all. Demi's mother was in prison for embezzlement, which is a white-collar crime usually committed by very senior-level employees of large companies or organizations who have privileged access to cash, bank accounts, etc. Since Demi's mother was in federal prison for several years, she must have embezzled very large sums of money. People like that usually have the arrogant mindset that they are smarter than everyone and won't get caught. 

I was curious about this so I just did a quick look in the Internet, and that is not the case.   With Demi's mother, it's hard to tell just from the phone, but to me her voice def sounded compatible with a Tonya Harding lifestyle.  I could easily imagine her as the bookkeeper, with single-signature check-writing authority, at some mom-and-pop 20-person company. 

• Love 2

Around here we've had several church treasurers off to prison for embezzling quite large sums. 

Whatever Demi's mother did,  she was the most unenthusiastic mother I ever heard on the phone:  Oh Demi.  In Thailand, huh. Okay bye.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I think Demi has one foot in a trailer park and one in Park Avenue. 

I think she's parked in the trailer and scheming for Park Avenue.  She needs professional instructions.

No matter, Demi overplayed her hand.  She has been horrid for a fair portion of the season.  Home, she went.

I cannot remember the last time so many contestants went home without the benefit of a rose ceremony to eject them.  And we aren’t at the end of the season yet.  It says a lot about how Colton is and how weak these contestants are.