Type keyword(s) to search

FBI: Most Wanted In The Media

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I just saw this news as well - this stuns me. I don’t see how the show can continue without him, as he is clearly the main star, and it’s shocking that he is leaving halfway through the season. I wonder if they will bring in a new actor to take over the team and hope the show gets renewed, or if this is the end for the show.

50 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

I just saw this news as well - this stuns me. I don’t see how the show can continue without him, as he is clearly the main star, and it’s shocking that he is leaving halfway through the season. I wonder if they will bring in a new actor to take over the team and hope the show gets renewed, or if this is the end for the show.

In the article, it says a new leader will be introduced:

McMahon’s final episode is scheduled to shoot next week and is set to air on Tuesday, March 8. The episode is expected to introduce a new team leader to fill the void left by LaCroix’s departure.

For some reason, this didn't shock me. A procedural is nice for $$$$ and syndication [though that is much harder to come by these days!], but Julian McMahon seemed to make his name with edgier fare. I was actually stunned he had signed on to this.

Time will tell how the new leader adapts or not. But if the Law & Order franchise and NCIS franchise can survive cast changes, the FBI franchise should be fine.

• Love 2

I was surprised to read the news about Julian McMahon tonight.  It's odd for a lead to leave a show mid-season.   It has to be a nice paycheck.   They'll have to replace him quickly if he's leaving after next week's filming.  I don't suppose we'll see new episodes until after the Olympics but I'm hoping we'll find out who will take his place soon.

• Love 1

So we’ve lost Clinton, Clinton’s parents, Jess’s daughter.  Crosby,  now we lose Jess, and we lose the following( not that I care about these):  his girlfriend, his sister, his dad, and his step-mom.  That’s a lot of actors affected by his decision 

• Love 2

I was shocked when I saw this news. There have been a lot of departures from this show - unusual for a hit. My first thought was that they dispatched Tali to boarding school just in time. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

In the article, it says a new leader will be introduced:

For some reason, this didn't shock me. A procedural is nice for $$$$ and syndication [though that is much harder to come by these days!], but Julian McMahon seemed to make his name with edgier fare. I was actually stunned he had signed on to this.

Time will tell how the new leader adapts or not. But if the Law & Order franchise and NCIS franchise can survive cast changes, the FBI franchise should be fine.

I agree. Having watched Nip/Tuck it actually took me a minute to get used to him in this role. He is a good actor, he pulled it off, but I don't see a problem replacing him, essentially. The fact that he hasn't had the role that long actually helps. Honestly, I was getting a bit tired of all the personal life stuff in both this and the original FBI and I completely stopped watching Law and Order SVU because of the heavy concentration on their personal lives. There was very little of that In L & O. Sure, Lenny might mention ex wives but, thankfully, we didn't have to meet them. It has to also makes transitions like this easier.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

So we’ve lost Clinton, Clinton’s parents, Jess’s daughter.  Crosby,  now we lose Jess, and we lose the following( not that I care about these):  his girlfriend, his sister, his dad, and his step-mom.  That’s a lot of actors affected by his decision 

That's alot of characters that have left in a short amount of time. I think there is something else going on behind the scenes that's making these actors leave so abruptly. Granted, it's been difficult filming during COVID and has put a strain on actors lives but for so many to quit seems unusual...especially for the lead character to leave in the middle of the season. It will be interesting to see who they get to replace Julian McMahon. Dick Wolf likes to recycle actors from previous Law and Order franchises. Anyway, it's too bad...I liked him and thought he did a decent job in the role.

• Love 1

Not gonna lie, I am rather sick of him on a certain other Dick Wolf show. But since he is now part of the Dick Wolf casting agency - as I like to call other actors that appear on his other shows and end up cast on new ones - the news doesn't surprise me.

I wish him luck.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Not gonna lie, I am rather sick of him on a certain other Dick Wolf show. But since he is now part of the Dick Wolf casting agency - as I like to call other actors that appear on his other shows and end up cast on new ones - the news doesn't surprise me.

I wish him luck.

100% agree — grew so sick of him on the other show which I have actually stopped watching.  But I’ve enjoyed him in most other roles so I’ll be optimistic on FBI:MW.  We shall see.

With Julian leaving, that wipes out in one swoop several of the problems the show had:  his annoying daughter and girlfriend stories, the disappearance of his in-laws (Clinton + the parents).  

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 2

Aw man :-( I haven't liked 

Spoiler

Him since "The Practice." This is a bummer. Hate this casting. And sadly, he can be very loud and melodramatic, so there goes the team dynamic. This was my fave of the 3 but really not looking forward to Dylan coming in. 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I wish him luck.

I was sick of every character on the entire show by the end of the first season and. didn’t go back for season 2. 

• Love 2

Wow, I’m surprised at this news, even knowing how Dick Wolf loves to use the same actors in different shows. I’ll have a hard time adjusting to seeing him play a good guy on this show, but I’m glad it’s the end of his arc over on Organized Crime, I am really sick of that storyline.

• Love 4
On 1/25/2022 at 7:47 AM, Broderbits said:

If this means his story arc on "that other show" will end, I'm all for it!

Me too! I don't have a strong opinion about Julian McMahon leaving the show but it will initially be difficult for me to see his replacement as different from the character he currently plays on the other show. However, if it means his story on the other show will end, then I'll be glad! 

On another topic, does anybody find it really really odd that Hana and Ortiz are roommates? They already spend a ton of time together at work and now they're roommates who also hang out? That would drive me crazy to be around a coworker that much. They might as well be married!!!! Does Hana really know no one else that she can room with? Or do they really get paid so little that she can't get by without a roommate? You'd think she'd be a great roommate to have (for someone with a regular job) since she's out of town so much! Just really lame. 

• Love 2
On 1/24/2022 at 10:44 PM, Jaded said:

Here's who the new team leader will be. I spoiler tagged it for those who want to be surprised.

Ugh.   On the other hand, it's not Olivia Benson.  So that's something.

Does anyone know why Season 1 and 2 aren't available on Paramount Plus?  All seasons of FBI are there, but not MW

Edited by millennium
  • LOL 3

Totally agree with the poster who said it feels like something big is going on behind the scenes for this many actors to jump ship. 

Today's episode I finally warmed up to Gaines's character. Alexa Davalos has been playing her so flat and monotone and boring that I've been bored, but at least now we see why she is the way she is. I just hope this leads to a bit of change in the character.

I really liked the US Marshal (?) character that was riding with her. Bring her on!

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, threebluestars said:

Totally agree with the poster who said it feels like something big is going on behind the scenes for this many actors to jump ship. 

Long seasons and covid restrictions are probably wearing actors down at this point. Young actors with no money will put up with it, older actors with quite a body or work and $$$ will not.

I figure some actors are just going to wait out covid and the crazy on set rules and then jump back in or just do short seasons on steaming.

The replacement for Jess is disappointing.  I’ve seen too much of him in the last year.  I binge watched one of his old series.  I’m over this show.  There are good reasons why it’s not doing so well.  I think they all left because the subject matter gets to them after a while.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

FBI Most Wanted showrunner discusses fallout of Julian McMahon’s exit

Hudgins added that McMahon did not have any say in the decision.

“Julian did not weigh in. He’s such a pro and such a good guy. He basically told us, ‘I trust you will do what’s best for the show.”

IMHO, I think they should have opted to run out this season without LeCroix's replacement and bring in McDermott to open next season. That way the L&O: OC viewers can get rid of the bad taste of Wheatley. I read the highlighted article (above) and staring me right in the face was Mr. SuperVillian with his pompous shit eating grin. I really despised that character.  

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, preeya said:

IMHO, I think they should have opted to run out this season without LeCroix's replacement and bring in McDermott to open next season. That way the L&O: OC viewers can get rid of the bad taste of Wheatley. I read the highlighted article (above) and staring me right in the face was Mr. SuperVillian with his pompous shit eating grin. I really despised that character.  

Me too, I hate Richard Wheatley. That character is hauntingly annoying. On top of that, am not a fan of the actor himself.

I wanna see the closure for Jess that the showrunner mentioned but have no idea how to get thru the next 2 episodes with Kristin leading the team, with her expressionless face and whispering voice. Ugh. 😣

• Love 4

I'm sorry but those photos Dylan shared and the photo above are ridiculous and so dripping with arrogance! Ugh! They are basically promoting everything I feared with his casting. Blag.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Maren said:

I'm sorry but those photos Dylan shared and the photo above are ridiculous and so dripping with arrogance! Ugh! They are basically promoting everything I feared with his casting. Blag.

What's with "a hero will rise" bullshit? This guy is not the second coming. . . . .   Are they trying to do a fix-up after the Wheatley fiasco?

• Love 6
1 minute ago, preeya said:

What's with "a hero will rise" bullshit? This guy is not the second coming. . . . .   Are they trying to do a fix-up after the Wheatley fiasco?

Right?? The fact that they're acting like he's a savior coming in to save the team and that the other team members were somehow NOT heroes is just frustrating and a good way to make people dislike this guy before he even shows up!! 

• Love 5

Well, let’s hope McDermott doesn’t run into NYC officers like Stabler or he might get shot like Jess. Lol. Just kidding (He’s been playing super villain on SVU).

Its difficult to believe that McDermont is about 7 years older than McMahon!  

6 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Well, let’s hope McDermott doesn’t run into NYC officers like Stabler or he might get shot like Jess. Lol. Just kidding (He’s been playing super villain on SVU).

Two corrections: 1) it was L&O Organized Crime and 2) he was playing a super comic book villain, emphasis on comic book.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 3/9/2022 at 7:04 PM, SnazzyDaisy said:

Me too, I hate Richard Wheatley. That character is hauntingly annoying. On top of that, am not a fan of the actor himself.

I wanna see the closure for Jess that the showrunner mentioned but have no idea how to get thru the next 2 episodes with Kristin leading the team, with her expressionless face and whispering voice. Ugh. 😣

I don't know that I've seen him in anything since The Practice where he hasn't sucked, and I didn't even really watch the show, just caught reruns every once in a while.

11 minutes ago, TimetoShine said:

I don't know that I've seen him in anything since The Practice where he hasn't sucked, and I didn't even really watch the show, just caught reruns every once in a while.

Most of the shows he's been cast in as a lead haven't lasted a whole season.  For American Horror Story he was only going to be in one season of that anyway. I will say he was kind of ok in the short lived FOX sitcom from a few years ago LA to Vegas where he played a captain you wouldn't want piloting a plane you were traveling on.  When I was looking him up just now to make sure I remembered the sitcom's name correctly I saw the title of a recent NY Times article about him titled "Dylan McDermott Wants to Be a Good Guy for a Change"... 🙄

Edited by Jaded
  • LOL 2
39 minutes ago, TimetoShine said:

I didn’t watch The Practice. I think he was okay in AHS Murder House. Maybe it’s because I dislike Connie Britton more, I found him tolerable. 😅

Countdown begins…

• Love 1