Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Power of Veto #1

• Start Topic

I don't know if I can keep watching this. Clearly the only person who loves the sound of Tamar's voice more than herself is Alison Grodner who is determined to cut to DRs of Tamar every five seconds. I just can't take it.

How on the level is this celebrity version anyway, versus the non-celeb summer version? I noticed none of the celebs entered the house with any bags. Are they afforded more luxuries than the civilians? Do they have Have-Nots? Are they really allowed to leave the house at night and/or make phone calls back home?

• Love 3

Everyone in this house is dumber than a box of rocks. There’s something really wrong with Tamar. Initially I just found her incredibly annoying; now I think she’s mentally unwell. She kind of gives me the creeps. 

Lolo is an idiot for flipping off Ryan’s picture right in front of him, the guys were idiots for not approaching Ricky to save themselves, and the women were idiots for not just keeping their mouths shut and sticking to an alliance. Now everyone appears to be playing an individual game, with a few people allied with maybe one other person. They certainly can’t trust each other, if last night is any indication. 

This is why Celebrity Big Brother kind of sucks. They get Z-list celebrities (excepting Locte) who think sitting around and being on TV is the goal. I haven’t been following the live feeds, but what we saw last night was sad gameplay. Ricky was right that no one came to him with a good enough deal, but it was also in his lap to use that veto to make some deals of his own, which he didn’t do. 

3 minutes ago, Blindfox said:

Ricky was right that no one came to him with a good enough deal, but it was also in his lap to use that veto to make some deals of his own, which he didn’t do. 

Exactly.  Ricky won a Veto he said he didn't want to win and did nothing with it (besides show everyone he can win a Veto handily.) 

If you hold the Veto and no one comes to you to make a good deal so you're not going to use it... why not parlay that into making a deal with the HoH for you not to use it (aka do the thing you're going to do anyway)?  "Hey Ryan, I'm not going to use the Veto - if I'm on the block next week and you win PoV can you use it on me, or if I'm still on the block can you not vote for me, etc."

Side note, if anyone's looking for a good sports doc, try "Run Ricky Run" an ESPN 30-for-30 special about Ricky William's highs and lows.

• Love 3

I don't think I can speculate on what Ricky should or shouldn't have done with the veto, since I believe the only reason he was even shown in this episode was BECAUSE he won the veto. Up until now, we've known basically nothing about him.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Drogo said:

Is Tamar okay? I don't know her or Kandi, but it seems like Kandi seriously has no idea what Tamar's talking about. 

I know. Then she flipped out when Kandi was chuckling nervously. Now Kandi has always laughed when she is uncomfortable, it’s her (annoying) tic. Tamar going off on her isn’t very smart because Kandi is pretty influential in the music industry and Atlanta. 

• Love 2

I don't mind spoilers. Mostly because when you read the live feed threads, you get a MUCH more accurate description of what's actually going on, versus the chopped-to-death version that's shown in the episodes.

Of course, that pertains more to the regular seasons than CBB, since everything is so rushed during CBB.

I have to admit, though, that even though I've HEARD of most of these people, I don't actually know much about them. For instance, Tamar, Kandi, Ricky and some more I can't think of right now. So the episodes do give me a chance to see more of what they're like, 'in person'.

Edited by mikewho
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Blindfox said:

Ricky was right that no one came to him with a good enough deal, but it was also in his lap to use that veto to make some deals of his own, which he didn’t do. 

Maybe he did.  The women he warned about Ryan's Gender Wars deal that was offered to him will be more likely to have his back in the future.  He has won some important trust and inroads withOUT locking himself into an alliance where he can be accused later of backing out of if he needs to shift gears with those four women. 

I think NOT playing the veto was a savvy move on his part and covering up that move by saying the 3 on the chopping block didn't offer him anything was a great smoke screen as well as the truth.  He at least seems to know how to play the game.

Edited by green
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I really hope Tom "One ball" green goes home.  Because I'm just so sick of him, and his one-ball jokes.  

On the other hand, the Mooch, with his trying to insert trump jokes into every situation, might be worse.  

Agreed. And, as much as I like him, I'd like to add Kato and his OJ jokes to that list.  I know it was a long time ago but it was still a horrific crime and a terrible miscarriage of justice that I just can't laugh at, even after all these years.

3 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

While Ryan’s reading of the POV rules was cringe-worthy, a big FUCK YOU! to BEC for making fun of the way he said ‘athaletic’.  BEC could have been graceful about it and corrected him without the over the top laughing, I hate people that do this shit, tear people down to make themselves feel superior.

In all fairness, this didn't sound like someone being cruel and tearing someone down, it just seemed like a typical way that buddies rag on each other when one of them does something dumb. My friends and I do that to each other all the time. Most people do. Even Ryan was laughing at the ridiculousness of "a-tha-let-ic".

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, green said:

Maybe he did.  The women he warned about Ryan's Gender Wars deal with him will be more likely to have his back in the future.  He has won some important trust and inroads withOUT locking himself into an alliance where he can be accused later of backing out of if he need to shift gears with those four women.  I think NOT playing the veto was a savvy move on his part and covering up that move by saying the 3 on the chopping block didn't offer him anything was a great smoke screen as well as the truth.  He at least seems to know how to play the game.

If the other HGs are under the impression Ricky doesn’t know how to play the game, someone needs to go upside their head with a cluebat; his “no BOHH” reference in his PoV speech should’ve been a dead giveaway.

9 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

In all fairness, this didn't sound like someone being cruel and tearing someone down, it just seemed like a typical way that buddies rag on each other when one of them does something dumb. My friends and I do that to each other all the time. Most people do. Even Ryan was laughing at the ridiculousness of "a-tha-let-ic".

Much as I dislike BECB, I have to agree - and I think Ryan appreciated it, because it appeared (to me, anyway) Ryan wasn’t even aware he was doing it until Jon called it to his attention.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Nashville said:

Might go a long way towards explaining why Lolo is still a virgin; any intrepid Indiana Jones types are going to get run off long before they crack open THAT particular Ark of the Covenant.  :)

No doubt. And I love that comparison. Heh.

But I can't really blame her for reacting to the "punched in the throat" comment. Tamar's "Oh that's just something funny I say to people." Doesn't make it okay, it almost makes it worse and shows how emotionally reactive she is.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

While Ryan’s reading of the POV rules was cringe-worthy, a big FUCK YOU! to BEC for making fun of the way he said ‘athaletic’.  BEC could have been graceful about it and corrected him without the over the top laughing, I hate people that do this shit, tear people down to make themselves feel superior.

I have to agree with Rachel RSL and Nashville. In MY real world, people have often laughed at me for the way I pronounce some words, I guess because of my accent. But that's OK. I often laugh at the way they pronounce words because of theirs (they usually don't think they have one). And it's all in good fun, not tearing each other down. Even though we're laughing at each other.

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

punched in the throat" comment. Tamar's "Oh that's just something funny I say to people." Doesn't make it okay, it almost makes it worse and shows how emotionally reactive she is.

I read it a little differently. While I'm sure Lolo didn't appreciate the comment, I thought it was her clever way of distracting Tamar from going after them for having a final 2. And it totally worked. Twice Lolo diverted Tamar from going off on people for some perceived wrong by giving her an even bigger drama to get embroiled in. Brilliant strategy when dealing with someone as histrionic and drama-loving as Tamar, but probably exhausting to implement on a regular basis. 

I might keep it in my arsenal though, for future dealings with Tamar-like people. It would be fun to see if I could pull it off. (I'm pessimistic. I'm no Lolo.) 

Edited by Melina22
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

But I can't really blame her for reacting to the "punched in the throat" comment. Tamar's "Oh that's just something funny I say to people." Doesn't make it okay, it almost makes it worse and shows how emotionally reactive she is.

I don't know a lot of people who would let a "Don't get punched" comment ride from anyone other than family/a close friend--
And even then, there are much better ways to tell someone that what they're doing/saying is bothering you than threatening to crush their trachea if they continue.

Something's... not right in Tamartown.

• Love 7

She says this outlandish shit. Then is hypersensitive and critical of everyone’s interactions towards her. Weirdo. 

Apparently it’s cute to play threaten to choke someone but Kandi whispering back stage with her band or laughing in conversation is offensive 🙄 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Wandering Snark said:

No doubt. And I love that comparison. Heh.

Thank you, I’m here all week, and be sure to tip your service staff - they’re working hard for YOU!  :>

But I can't really blame [Lolo] for reacting to the "punched in the throat" comment. Tamar's "Oh that's just something funny I say to people." Doesn't make it okay, it almost makes it worse and shows how emotionally reactive she is.

I don’t blame Lolo one bit for her reaction.  In my neck of the woods, that comment coming from anyone other than one of your closest buds will likely elicit a response along the lines of, “Bring it, bitch, and let’s see how far you get”.

14 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Something's... not right in Tamartown.

“Welcome to the Tamartown Post Office, where every letter is a mail bomb in the making!”  :D

• Love 8

I really liked last year's CBB, although for the life of me I can't remember any of the housetestants except for Ross, Marissa Janet, and Omarrossa.  It may have been because I liked the first two so much and I don't remember anyone being overtly crazy.  Um, I won't name names, but there is at least one person [Tamar] who really needed to take her [Tamar's] meds with her [Tamar] into the house. 

Oh well, it is only three weeks, and unless I take MY meds, I won't be able to quit watching.  

Edited by Thalia
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Nashville said:

If the other HGs are under the impression Ricky doesn’t know how to play the game, someone needs to go upside their head with a cluebat; his “no BOHH” reference in his PoV speech should’ve been a dead giveaway.

Much as I dislike BECB, I have to agree - and I think Ryan appreciated it, because it appeared (to me, anyway) Ryan wasn’t even aware he was doing it until Jon called it to his attention.

What/who is BECB?  And what is BOHH?  I even googled these and came up with nothing. Thanks. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Bug Eyed Cupcake Boy, which seems to be the go-to nickname here for Jonathan. And BOHH is 'blood on [his] hands.'

Thank you.  It seems like for every page I read on this site, I have to Google or ask what some initial means.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:
2 hours ago, Talky Tina said:

What/who is BECB?  And what is BOHH?  I even googled these and came up with nothing. Thanks. 

Bug Eyed Cupcake Boy, which seems to be the go-to nickname here for Jonathan. And BOHH is 'blood on [his] hands.'

I thought it was bitching eating crackers (which probably give you a clue to which shows/forums  I watch.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

If you don't want to be spoiled, be careful when you visit various sites.  I was inadvertently spoiled and I never thought the place I visited would have spoilers.  I am not a happy camper.  I hate spoilers.

I got spoiled by my tv! It was on some talk show of all things, and the second I turn it on they were talking about Big Brother and obviously had spoilers. I was sooo pissed.

1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

I thought it was bitching eating crackers (which probably give you a clue to which shows/forums  I watch.

Without the final "B" that's how I read it too.  And we get lots and lots of BEC's on Big Brother, lol!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Talky Tina said:

Thank you.  It seems like for every page I read on this site, I have to Google or ask what some initial means.  

@Talky Tina - part of the problem is this CBB forum is brand new with this season, without a lot of the normal accompanying/supporting threads in the more established forums.  

In the original BB forum is the BB Lexicon thread - it should help out some.  :)

P.S.: BECB isn’t an “established” BB term; it’s simply an abbreviation for Bug-Eyed Cupcake Boy - a nickname for Jonathan we came up with on the boards here.  ;)

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I saw that too and decided that along with Bug-eyed Cupcake Boy it could easily be Bitch Eating Crackers Boy.  Both are accurate.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

E3248B86-F5F9-49D8-B4E4-48CA4C689069.png.c77a4ca7bcc8a7a31221c80e4fd24249.png

(FYI - Tamar is rapidly becoming my BEC this season, although Jonathan is fast approaching from the rear....)

• Love 2

Shout out to the editors for the wide shot as Mooch was praising Trump and Kandi and Ricky just chewed their food  and stared at him. Far better than cutaways (which you can't trust)

• Love 4
On 1/25/2019 at 5:46 PM, kassa said:

Shout out to the editors for the wide shot as Mooch was praising Trump and Kandi and Ricky just chewed their food  and stared at him. Far better than cutaways (which you can't trust)

He wasn't exactly praising Trump. In fact, it was pretty clear to me that he thinks Trump's an idiot.  He simply acknowledged that Trump knows how to manipulate people using social media.

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 1

As I recall he was saying what a whiz he was at connecting directly with people while the black people sitting directly in front of him were thinking "CERTAIN people."  Somebody else was there (Tom?) who also didn't respond as enthusiastically as I think he expected.

I actually thought he was trying to start drama, and it was a wise decision to not give it to him.

• Love 1