Type keyword(s) to search

Million Dollar Listing LA - General Discussion

• Start Topic

It's been said before.  There is bad plastic surgery/enhancements on this show . . .  but it's twice as ridiculous to see 3 or 4 professional women wearing their suit jackets or sportscoats as capes.  (in one episode)  Did I miss California abandoning individual liberties and instead imposing a mandatory no-sleeves regulation?  I watched with my kids and they kept bursting out laughing.  To be fair, we have been rooted in Chicago for a good while, and you put your undershirt on, then your shirt, then your jacket, then your parka.  Happy New Year to all of you!

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, Daisychain said:

It's been said before.  There is bad plastic surgery/enhancements on this show . . .  but it's twice as ridiculous to see 3 or 4 professional women wearing their suit jackets or sportscoats as capes.  (in one episode)  Did I miss California abandoning individual liberties and instead imposing a mandatory no-sleeves regulation?  I watched with my kids and they kept bursting out laughing.  To be fair, we have been rooted in Chicago for a good while, and you put your undershirt on, then your shirt, then your jacket, then your parka.  Happy New Year to all of you!

I always thought it was because they found it cool with the A/C inside???

• Like 1

Josh was hinting that the woman is Sharon Stone's sister, the leg crossing from Basic Instinct. 

I love the house Heather and Tracy are co-listing, and the pool is spectacular.   I swear I've seen that pool area before.   It's so sensible to rent the house out for two years, and hope the interest rates go down, and then it will find a buyer.   However, I bet it was meant to be rented out, never for sale.    With the size of the house, it would be perfect for a reality show filming location. 

The Marilyn Monroe house is so impressive historically, but it's a strange floorplan, and needs a lot of updating. Some bedrooms are really small.  The seller is so optimistic, and deluded about the selling price.   I bet that house will be bulldozed.  I hate to see that house get bulldozed, but it's like the other properties in that area, it's worth more for land value, and people just want to bulldoze, and build a huge white box.   I think the right owner who treasures architectural history could do some work on that house, but it would probably cost a ton more to restore property, than to start over.  So few people care about history.   Unless Josh bought it and restored it, I'm guessing it will be hard to find someone who will buy it for the land value, but restore the house.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I love the house Heather and Tracy are co-listing, and the pool is spectacular.   I swear I've seen that pool area before.   

The Marilyn Monroe house is so impressive historically, but it's a strange floorplan, and needs a lot of updating. Some bedrooms are really small.  The seller is so optimistic, and deluded about the selling price.   I bet that house will be bulldozed.

I'd rather buy the Norma room house than the bland-oh-rama place. Plus, Norma's pool was better.

• Like 2

Oh, Jeez. They look alike, they dress alike, they talk alike. Heather and Tracy. Does every blonde in California look like these two. I think so because if you watch Selling Sunset they all look like that, too. No individuality what so ever. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
5 hours ago, Surrealist said:

I like that Heather is more prominently featured on this show. Most of the time these shows feature one female broker. It's nice to have a balance.

Agreed. She used to be Madison's assistant.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Surrealist said:

I like that Heather is more prominently featured on this show. Most of the time these shows feature one female broker. It's nice to have a balance.

I wouldn't call either more than half of a female. Or a person for that matter. Each is probably made of more plastic, filler and fake hair/makeup than body parts. Ick. Not the women other women need to be celebrating. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Not seeing why a $37k lease for 2 years was a great deal just because of rising interest rates.

First, many sales shown on the show are cash sales - so who cares about the interest rate?  Not like a mortgage is needed. (Or that a real estate investment still wouldn't still out-earn any bank savings.)

Second, if as predicted, both real estate prices & rents go down significantly over the next two years, why delay an outright sale AND pay property tax, repairs or upkeep for 2 years or risk a broken/defaulted lease? Will the owners be happy in 2 years when they must list for far less or rent for far less (or gain less overall than the lease amount paid?)

Third, as of Jan. 1, CA sellers of homes over $4 million became subject to an extra tax on the sale. It was voted in & not part of pre-Jan. 1 sales.  In two years, this tax will cut into the profit.

These two plastic looking twits in cape jackets & stilettos, should spend more time on the economics & business end of their jobs & less time prancing around like matching high-priced hookers.  Why didn't they use the entire 21 days to get a solid sale.  Why just grab a lease deal after a week?  Screwed their own commissions.  SItuation was phony as hell.

Edited by realityplease
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1

Yeah, the lease deal was a bad deal all the way around.

In those 2 years, the owners will have not only regular maintenance, but the house will need upgrades to sell.  It will be 2 years older, lived in, and who knows what the market will be by then?

I think that was all for show.  I think the lease deal was already pre-arranged, and set up for the show.  

I don't get why they wouldn't take cash in hand and be done with the house.  A major issue with the pool alone can cost more than they're receiving in 2-3 months rent.

Do these female realtors really wear these stick-thin heels in these houses, going up & down those precarious, slick staircases?

• Like 1

I think I wanna drop this show. I really don’t like Flagg anymore. He’s already with the new love of his life lol why is he worried about anybody being friends with Bobby. So everyone has to drop Bobby because Flagg is a little bitch. He’s creepily shiny in his interviews too.

I am liking Altman tho surprisingly.

That one house that Heather and Tracy are co-listing looks familiar like I’ve seen it on one of these shows before.

Josh trying to act like his whole relationship with Bobby was a mistake and all Bobby’s fault is fucked up.

Edited by Marley
  • Like 8
2 hours ago, Marley said:

He’s already with the new love of his life lol why is he worried about anybody being friends with Bobby.

Josh trying to act like his whole relationship with Bobby was a mistake and all Bobby’s fault is fucked up.

I don't know why he's worried about his friends still being friends with Bobby. Why wouldn't they be? He hasn't said anything bad about them. 

What's interesting is that Flagg was with Colton for a long time, but dumped him only to marry Bobby. Now he and Bobby are over, but Flagg really seems pissed at Bobby as if he killed his parents or something. It's so bizarre to me because I follow Bobby on social and he's never said a bad word about any of them. He seems to be moving on with his life. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Edited by Surrealist
  • Like 5
On 1/1/2023 at 2:27 PM, Daisychain said:

That cape trend is a Kardashian thing. Kim used to wear them. It slowly took off from there. Maybe that’s why it’s more prominent in CA and not elsewhere (thank god). I just giggle when I see them on adult women. I mean young girls it’s dumb enough, but ladies pushing 50 still trying to dress like Kim K, ridiculous. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, Surrealist said:

What's interesting is that Flagg was with Colton for a long time, but dumped him only to marry Bobby. Now he and Bobby are over, but Flagg really seems pissed at Bobby as if he killed his parents or something. It's so bizarre to me because I follow Bobby on social and he's never said a bad word about any of them. He seems to be moving on with his life. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I think Bobby was Josh’s one true love. I never liked that Colton guy. It was so obvious from show 1 that they were very very different and Colton just nagged and complained while trying to get Josh to change. Everyone with eyes knew Josh was never going to be able to change enough to please Colton. Nothing wrong with that, nobody should have to change all that much about themselves to make someone else happy. And Noone should have to live with someone who doesn’t fulfill them or give them what they need. 

I think after Colton, Josh learned he had to change somewhat and be willing to compromise (normal couple stuff). He talked early on about therapy and learning about opening up and communicating etc. Bobby made him want to try. And when it wasn’t enough in the end, I think Josh was deeply offended. For him, he thinks he probably did a lot, but for Bobby it wasn’t enough. Josh seems to be mad like he failed at something, or he wasn’t good enough. Makes sense I guess. Just sad because they really seemed like a good match.

• Like 4
On 1/6/2023 at 9:35 AM, bichonblitz said:

Oh, Jeez. They look alike, they dress alike, they talk alike. Heather and Tracy. Does every blonde in California look like these two. I think so because if you watch Selling Sunset they all look like that, too. No individuality what so ever. 

No, they don't. 90% of people in California look like everyone else. But these women watch TV and fixate on social media trends, so they think this is what they need to be. 

I saw a couple of YouTube videos from Altman where Heather was alarmingly thin. She looks a bit better on the show, but I was genuinely concerned for her. Also wondered if Josh was worried or if he wants her to weigh 90 pounds. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, rhofmovalley said:

I saw a couple of YouTube videos from Altman where Heather was alarmingly thin. She looks a bit better on the show, but I was genuinely concerned for her. Also wondered if Josh was worried or if he wants her to weigh 90 pounds. 

Heather looked so much better when she was Madison's assistant. Before the nose job, the new teeth, the extra bags of hair and the weight loss. 

On 1/9/2023 at 11:05 PM, hottesthw said:

For him, he thinks he probably did a lot, but for Bobby it wasn’t enough. Josh seems to be mad like he failed at something, or he wasn’t good enough. Makes sense I guess. Just sad because they really seemed like a good match.

Divorce could have been avoided if they didn't jump in to marriage. They would have realized they weren't right for each other.  Date, live together for a couple years, then see if you're still compatible.  I don't get the rush. I'm expecting Josh to propose to this new one too soon, too. 

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

My thoughts exactly.

I like Bobby but was surprised that Flagg wanted to marry him, and so quickly, it seemed.

I think Josh F. thinks with his dick. He sees young and hot and thinks, I must have that! Things like shared values and compatibility aren't even factors. I also think he goes for younger because he thinks he'll get his way all the time. Eventually these youngsters grow up and don't want to be talked down to anymore.

• Like 5

How many houses have Josh and Heather moved into, and then sold suddenly?    

I hate Tracy's jeans, with the thigh slashes. 

Her friend Sam's house isn't delayed maintenance, it's a structural nightmare.  Those huge cracks aren't just minor settlement cracks. It looks like a total foundation failure.   I wonder if they have expansionist soil?   Who lives with seven major roof leaks, and does nothing to fix them?   $400k for fixing the foundation!    

I agree with Tracy, sell to a developer, and move on.   Her friend Sam doesn't love the house if she neglected it this badly.   Selling it as a teardown to a developer is a very smart idea.   Tracy and Sam better start looking for the next house, it might take a while to find something she likes, can afford, and wins a bidding war for.  

The restaurant was so funny when the waiter kept telling Josh everything was out.   That drink he finally settled for was so funny, with the whipped cream and everything on it.    

I agree the Ray Anthony house needs to sell for land value.  The potential buyer living next door is interesting.      $4 million is a great offer, the seller can get on with his life without delays of dealing with the buyer, except for cashing the check. 

The Legend house is nice, but I hate the open shelves in the kitchen.  I'm glad Josh realized they couldn't sell the current house.   Improve the one you have, don't just keep selling and remodeling.  So, the Heather / Josh 'house hunt' was to show off the former John Legend house?    It was a lovely house, but I didn't think it was family friendly. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 7

Aside from the financial aspect of moving (I'm not even in Heather's Las Vegas bracket 😅), I wonder if the rich people we see on these shows move more often because they are able to hire people to do all of the back-breaking work involved in every move (packing, cleaning, hauling boxes/furniture, redecorating, etc.).

Edited by QQQQ
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2

The Kardashians didn't originate the "jacket on shoulders" look. No doubt those unoriginal affected twats picked the style up from someone else in L.A. or from old '40's movies. (In Los Angeles, it's often cooler in the a.m. & at night -- even when it's hot during the day -- so it's a lazy way of keeping a jacket with you but not sweating in it or having to carry it when temps rise - & keeps the jacket handy when you'll be going into air conditioning & need a little something.)  Also akin to throwing a sweater over your shoulders & tying it by the sleeves - the tennis look.  These styles go back as far as the 40's (or maybe earlier.)  And sometimes snarked at as in, oh look, they're "hanging laundry."

Edited by realityplease
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

I never was a Heather fan, nor do I dislike her, but it was nice to hear her say that she didn't want their kids to grow up seeing that bigger is better or life is about money - something along those lines. I agree with whomever said it above, but Josh A is growing on me, he seems more laid back or something. Josh F, does have some good one-liners and I love how he loves dogs and steals Tracy's dogs but he probably is a nightmare to live with. Tracy, meh..I miss Kirsten from MDLNY, she was much more likeable and genuine. 

• Like 8
12 hours ago, QQQQ said:

Aside from the financial aspect of moving (I'm not even in Heather's Las Vegas bracket 😅), I wonder if the rich people we see on these shows move more often because they are able to hire people to do all of the back-breaking work involved in every move (packing, cleaning, hauling boxes/furniture, redecorating, etc.).

The biggest moving companies do have a group that packs, moves, and unpacks your household goods.   One company called it "white glove service", it costs a ton, but I bet a lot of people we see on this show have movers come in and pack, label, and unpack for them.   

• Like 3

I was moved by a company once, and they used a "white glove" moving service.

All I had to do was to get myself to the new city.

When the guys showed up, I asked what I should do.  They asked if I had a TV, and when I said yes, they said, "Watch it".

They even individually wrapped every single toiletry, every deodorant, every tube of toothpaste.  And unwrapped and put away every single thing.

I was in my early 20's, in a low level job, but it was part of a company merger to a new city, so we all got the same treatment.

So yes, I'm betting this happens with these multi-million dollar home deals.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Starlight925 said:

I was moved by a company once, and they used a "white glove" moving service.

All I had to do was to get myself to the new city.

When the guys showed up, I asked what I should do.  They asked if I had a TV, and when I said yes, they said, "Watch it".

My late husband's employer transferred him twice. Both times the movers packed everything and I unpacked some things after the first move (my choice). After the second move I stood back and watched them unpack everything. They even hung pictures and my husband's tie rack in his closet.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I never was a Heather fan, nor do I dislike her, but it was nice to hear her say that she didn't want their kids to grow up seeing that bigger is better or life is about money - something along those lines. 

What's the point of saying it if you don't show it? Seems extra fake and hugely hypocritical of her.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
17 hours ago, QQQQ said:

SAME. 😞

• Like 2

So obvious Heather and Josh had no intention of buying another house. Just filler for a lackluster episode. 

No fighting between agents, no screwing each other over, no dirty deals to steal clients. Very boring season.

Didn't Flagg have a pre-nup? I guess not since he said he was in negotiations with Bobby and his lawyers for 11 hours and Bobby made out with seven figures. 

• Like 4

Josh met his current boy toy when he was 18 lol. I like Josh less and less every episode. He’s creepily shiny in his THs too. 

I didn’t mind Tracy this last episode and she usually annoys me.

I like Altman now. He seems more chill and less annoying then back in the day.

• Like 7
5 hours ago, Marley said:

Josh met his current boy toy when he was 18 lol. I like Josh less and less every episode. He’s creepily shiny in his THs too. 

I didn’t mind Tracy this last episode and she usually annoys me.

I like Altman now. He seems more chill and less annoying then back in the day.

Yeah, I was doing that math too.  Josh's new BF is only 23, and they met when he was 18.

Josh needs someone who will bow down to him, acquiesce to his every wish, and think that Josh rules the world.

Bobby wasn't that man, as Bobby had a backbone.  Good for Bobby for standing up for himself, getting a good lawyer, and what appears to be a fair settlement for him.  Josh has millions & millions, so for Bobby to get "7 figures" is only $1 million, which is probably very fair.  

California is a Community Property state, so it's likely that Josh & Bobby both did earn a lot in the years they were married, adding in capital gains on investments, etc.  Josh will be just fine.  

And $1 million doesn't go very far in California.

I do agree that Altman has mellowed.  Kids and a wife and family peace will do that for you.  I do like how they both agreed that their home is such a peaceful place.  You can tell that they not only get along well with each other, but that their kids are happy little peeps.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 12
5 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Josh has millions & millions, so for Bobby to get "7 figures" is only $1 million

How do we know that? "7 figures" can be anywhere from 1 up to 9 million. I don't think he got that much, however,  it could very well have been more than 1 million. 

I would bet Bobby got more than 1 million. I have no proof but I just feel like the way Josh was talking he did. The divorce was obviously not as mutual and chill as they tried to pretend at first if they could barely be in the same room as each other. Josh probably expected Bobby to just go away. He’s prob ready to propose to his new boy toy love of his life lol. Such a loser.

Edited by Marley
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Marley said:

The divorce was obviously not as mutual and chill as they tried to pretend at first if they could barely be in the same room as each other. 

Probably not.

From 12/29/2022 (sorry the screenshot came out weird): 

Screenshot_20230114_190316_Instagram~2.jpg

Edited by Surrealist
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

Hum.  I am a lawyer but (again with the parkas) am in the Midwest, and previously the East Coast.  Definitely not fluent on California matrimonial law.  But generally, in I think almost all states, funds you receive from inheritance or gifts are not subject to division.  In other words, whatever Josh received from his grandmother would have remained his own UNLESS a prenup would have given a spouse rights in some of that.  Also, money you earn before a marriage is again separate property and not subject to division unless the parties agreed otherwise.  So that leaves what was earned during the marriage or something else provided in a prenup, if any. Even without a prenup, Bobby would have been entitled to half the earnings of the marriage.  The part I don't fully understand is . .  . the shorter the marriage, generally the less spousal support.  I.e., if the marriage is short the spouse is no better off and no worse.  I just realized I'm trying to read tea leaves here because they seemed like a loving couple.  Bleh.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
On 1/1/2023 at 3:54 PM, Medicine Crow said:

I always thought it was because they found it cool with the A/C inside???

On 1/6/2023 at 7:09 AM, Surrealist said:

I wouldn’t mind more women, but Heather is awful.  And very aware of herself and very annoying.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
13 hours ago, Daisychain said:

whatever Josh received from his grandmother would have remained his own UNLESS a prenup would have given a spouse rights in some of that

I was under the impression his grandmother left all of her money to her son (Josh's dad) and Josh won't get any of that inheritance until his dad passes away. Josh said that several times on the show. 

Also, if there was a pre-nup why would it take 11 hrs of negotiation? 

46 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I was under the impression his grandmother left all of her money to her son (Josh's dad) and Josh won't get any of that inheritance until his dad passes away. Josh said that several times on the show. 

Also, if there was a pre-nup why would it take 11 hrs of negotiation? 

Two scenarios:  Gram (who died before the Josh/Bobby union) left money to Josh BEFORE the union and it remained Josh's separate property (UNLESS, tho unlikely, Josh commingled it into a community property asset acquired during the union) OR, as said above, it went to the Dad & not to Josh, so it's not considered in the dissolution.

11 hours isn't a lot.  It can take DAYS, MONTHS - even with the pre-nup. There's a split of community assets acquired during the marriage but maybe the pre-nup was not clear on certain points/items or open to interpretation or circumstances changed. Depends how much was acquired during the union to fight about now & how stubborn or nit-picky the participants. ("The dog - the dog is mine! The cufflinks - mine! The painting we acquired - mine! The chair we bought- mine. I made a down payment but we both made mortgage payments! I paid for lavish trips or whatever - that shouldn't come out of my share.  He's hiding money he stashed away during the union.  (The list is endless -It's almost never as cut-and-dried as you think.) 

Josh's probably out-earned Bobby & his earnings considerable during the union.  Absent agreement otherwise, Bobby's entitled to half. That's just earnings.  And likely these two acquired lots of stuff during the union to fight about.  11 hours is nothing! 

• Like 8

My brother's divorce processing took the same amount of time as the marriage lasted: one full year. They were fighting over insurance for HER adult kids, if you can believe it. She wanted my brother to pay. She also had an inheritance that she didn't want to share with my brother so she fudged on her financial statement. My brother didn't want her grandmother's money! 

I would imagine Josh and Bobby were disagreeing over what would be considered marital property and marital assets/funds. Neither of them is a pauper, ya know...