Type keyword(s) to search

Mama June: From Not To Hot: Seasons 1-6

• Start Topic

On 3/12/2023 at 2:18 PM, merylinkid said:

The judge can't just hand the kid off to whoever.  This was a custody case.  Pumpkin filed for custody.  The choices were Mom or Pumpkin.  The judge cannot just choose another option.  If this were a CPS case then possibly.  But straight up custody?  No.

Ok

• Like 1

According to TMZ, Anna has Stage 4 cancer:

Mama June's daughter Anna “Chickadee” Cardwell has been diagnosed with cancer, TMZ has learned ... and we're told the family has come together to help in any way they can.

Family sources tell TMZ ... 28-year-old Anna was diagnosed with stage 4 adrenal carcinoma in January. She initially was complaining about stomachaches and a series of tests were conducted, which is when the cancer was discovered in her liver, kidney and lung.

We're told she underwent her first round of chemotherapy last month, already losing hair as a result. Doctors are waiting to see how she reacts to the treatment before they make further decisions. Her family is "very hopeful" she'll pull through.

Anna's fam has been stepping up during the uncertainty ... we're told they've pulled together to help take care of Anna and her two kids, 10-year-old Kaitlyn and 7-year-old Kylee.

This poor girl was dealt a shit hand in life and I'm very sorry to hear this and hope she can make a full recovery.

However, I hope she has the intelligence to make plans for her children in the event she doesn't and legally keeps them far the fuck away from her mother, Pumpkin, and Alana. 

That is one of the most hideous dresses I've ever seen.   Please tell me that the torso section isn't see through?  

Sadly, she's posing with June, and her latest stepdad.    That's if the wedding wasn't as phony as the one to Sugar Bear turned out to be. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 8

Just wow. Alana needs a better silhouette. An A-line or ballgown would be much more flattering. Plus a different color, plus better hair. All in all, she looks terrible.

Edited by BAForever
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1

How does she go to the bathroom? How many people had to pull that monstrosity onto her body? Does she seriously think this is a good look? It isn't.

Why is Dralin wearing a t-shirt and baseball cap to the prom?

• Like 9

The dress designer is quoted as saying that she has worked hard on her craft for years, this is her first celebrity client and that she is extremely proud of herself.  I wonder if she still felt that way after comments all over social media said the dress was hideous.  The word "sausage" was used quite a lot from what I saw.

HBB.jpg

Edited by Angeltoes
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
21 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

That is one of the most hideous dresses I've ever seen. 

Sadly, she's posing with June, and her latest stepdad.    

The only thing more hideous than everything about Alana's appearance is those meth dentures that guy looks like he acquired from Dollar Tree. 

On 4/26/2023 at 6:37 PM, Absolom said:

I wonder if prom is going to make the show.  That dress is another one that should have been left in the store.  

Lort.  That is one ugly dress!!  It doesn't even fit her right!

• Like 10

I hope she had fun and felt great in the dress she wore.  She looks happy, that's the only thing that counts. 

The new season begins this Friday, May 5th.

• Like 6
(edited)

No posts re season premiere yet? I fell asleep during it- long week. Looks like the story lines may be June's wedding and health, Jessica's love life (is she a lesbian?), Alana's princess attitude, Pumpkin's financial concerns. Yawn. 

FFS Pumpkin and Josh- your three youngest children must be back facing in a car for safety. Hope you get ticketed you dumbasses.

Edited by BAForever
Josh was driving too.
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I think June's medical condition will be something that will supposedly scare her into losing weight/getting surgery again. I can't recall if she lost the weight during the 'Not to Hot' era via gastric bypass? Her arms looked like marshmallows- so pasty, so puffy, so jointless. 

Happy to see the show runners again put up the side-by-side pics of Sugar Bears #1 and 2 😂 Ugh, the way she fawns all over Justin like he's some great catch. But faint applause for him telling her she eats too much/ wrong stuff.

I know the situation is contrived, but I do smile at Josh and Pumpkin's sarcastic 'love you more' banter. And their kids- so adorable. But what about the boy twin's name? They seemed to be callng him 'Silas', but I swear the chyron said 'Stylus', which is just stupid.

• LOL 4

Chyron said Silas, but with the other twin named Stella it would be easy for the eyes to run them together.  

Except for June being taken to the hospital, this is even more boring and dull than usual.  Thank goodness I had laundry to fold this morning. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I think it was wise for Pumpkin to "shut down the bakery" 😄  She seems so overwhelmed with the kids she has now so yeah maybe end it with 4 kids.

OMG I was shocked by Alana's upkeep routine.  $800 a month for eyelashes, nails, etc.?!  Wow!  Ok I get it she's 17 and on TV so she wants to look her best...🤷‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Love 1

So I forgot to delete this show from my DVR and when it popped into my recorded shows, I decided to take a peek.  I'm getting too old, I think:  I read "Mama June: Family Crisis" as "Mama June:  Family Circus" and thought they've finally got it right.

Fast forwarded through every scene of June and the formerly toothless wonder.  That simpish look on her face turns my stomach.  And Alana is not the prize that she seems to believe she it.   

• Like 7
  • LOL 3

Newcomer here. I don't watch this show, but I keep seeing promos for it on the We channel when I'm watching NCIS. Sincere question - who is this woman and why does she have a tv show?

• LOL 1
17 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Doesn't look like a $50,000 affair to me.  Those dresses all look cheap to me.  

The article claims that June said it cost $13,000. 

Which appears to be around $12,000 more than the estimate I would come up looking at those pics.

In the article June said:

“We had only 38 people at our wedding and it was his family and my family only,” Shannon chimes in, “and we had an amazing wedding designer and she put together an extravagant wedding that looked like I paid $50,000.” 

That's the $50K I was responding to.  I think she overpaid at $13,000 and it absolutely did not look like a $50K affair.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
11 hours ago, Absolom said:

In the article June said:

That's the $50K I was responding to.  I think she overpaid at $13,000 and it absolutely did not look like a $50K affair.  

giphy.gif

(edited)

I'm wondering if this wedding was legal?   The one with Sugar Bear wasn't, and just for TV.  SInce June has had a phony wedding before, I'm doubting anything she does is legal. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Pumpkin's constant begging for grousing about money is pretty grating and yet, I still find myself rooting for her.  While by no means perfect, she's definitely risen above her raisin' - as we say here in the South.  And I think it's pretty sweet Josh gives her credit for that.  In any case, Lord knows the odds are stacked against them, but I can't help hoping that she and Josh somehow manage to keep their little family together and relatively healthy / happy.

Otherwise, I've mostly spent the first two episodes of this season wondering why in the hell June is still on my screen.  IMHO, the show would be much better if she were written completely out of it - a la Michelle and Jim Bob on 19 kids (minus the "being slowly written back in" part, that is).  Seriously, she adds absolutely nothing.  And when, with that smug look that's always on her face, she starts whining and pouting about her girls still holding her drug addiction against her three whole, long years later, I so want for someone to make her understand that you don't get to fuck peoples' whole world up and then demand they get it over and move on just because YOU are too selfish and lazy to do the hard work of rebuilding that which YOU single-handedly destroyed.  Sorry, June, but that's not how this works.  That's not how any of this works.

And yes, Josh could work.  And no, Alana doesn't need to get her nails and hair and whatever done all the time.  And the list goes on.  However, none of that changes the fact it's fucking disgusting for June to only pay $800/mo in child support while buying expensive wine for her mother in law because she wants her to enjoy the "finer things in life," a mouthful of new teeth for her boy toy, a stupid wedding-after-the-fact with her boy toy and his new teeth . . . basically anything you can think of other than taking care of her own freaking kid.  (And maybe some day, I'll share how I really feel about June . . . )  :)

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

Welp, I must be bored to death because I just watched this show tonight!  I keep forgetting we have no Love After Lockup for a month or so.  

June is a moron.  The new GUY is a moron.  His entire family are MORONS because they're HAPPY that June's joining the fambly.

I really want Pumpkin & Josh to make it.  I want their family to succeed and thrive.  I really want Alana to join the real world and keep up her grades and GO TO COLLEGE.  Get a dang career!  Not this teevee shit but a real, live, career.  Kid needs so much reality!  This whole fingernails, eyelashes thing is just TOO MUCH.  I know.  I also want world peace!

But back to this stoopid show.  DoeDoe shows up at the "bridal shower" in Alabama.  Have we ever known DoeDoe to NOT show up when she can get her face on televsion? Hell to the nawww.  But June had her secret card to play and it happened.  ANNA showed up.  That's right. Cancer surgery daughter Anna showed up at this dumb shower.  Not exactly sure WHAT June promised her but the girl could barely WALK after major abdominal surgery.  But there she was.

Lord have mercy.

• Like 6
(edited)

Justin is an ex-con and a recovering addict and at that, he is STILL too good for June. 

It feels like everyone on this show is either morbidly obese or a heavy smoker, or both. 

Justin's mother reminds me in some ways of June's atrocious mother, only without the hypertoxic personality. Justin seems to have a decent family.

The tie-dye activity was a nice way for Pumpkin, Alana and Josh to spend some time together. Those girls do know how to self-entertain.

Also, congratulations to Alana on her recent high school graduation. Now do something good with your life, Lana.

Edited by newyawk
  • Like 7
  • Love 1

I thought the girls were going to have a new show without "Mama?" Instead it is more June than it ever was. Who wants to see even more of that pig of a woman? She is all over her new man and it makes me just sick to watch it..nasty thing!

• Like 6

I feel kind of bad for Mama June. She's stuck in her ways but she seems sorry. I don't understand how she doesn't see how fake Justin is. Its like he just wants to be on tv. Mama June doesn't think its weird how all Justin talks about is the girls. She must be really desperate for a man. Justin with his past shouldn't be checking June and his concern is fake anyways. June must be very very used to getting this treatment from men smh. 

• Like 2
(edited)

It's finally starting to dawn on June that her kids are thriving in spite of her / without her in their lives - and June is wracked with guilt over the damage her addiction and selfish behavior has wrought on her entire family super irritated her crappy relationship with her girls is making her look bad to Justin's family and pissed the girls are raining on her wedding fun dumb-as-shit wedding crap by not acting like everything's great and participating.  And as June sniveled and cried over her broken relationship with her kids and Justin crowed about June finally giving a shit, it occured to me that she cared only because it's negatively affecting HER.  SHE wants to use her girls to create a fake image of herself for her in laws, SHE wants the girls to participate in her wedding prep because it will make it more fun for HER, SHE wants her girls to walk her down the aisle because it will means so much to HER, and so on.  Not once did it ever seem to occur to her that perhaps the relationships are worth repairing not because she isn't having as much fun as she wants, but because her girls might need her.  Because her girls might be hurting. 

Pumpkin basically said it all in one of her talking heads, when she commented that rather than just turn around and invite Anna to the shower when the other girls refused to go, it would have been nice if June had instead put some effort into making things right with them.  To me, it's clear as day that what June's kids really need from her is to feel like they are her first priority, like they are more important to her than anyone or anything else.  In fact, I think that is what's really at the core of every single issue they have with June.  And sadly, I don't think June has the ability to honestly self-reflect or the insight needed to truly understand that, first of all.  (I mean, let's be real, every time she managed to admit she was anything less than perfect, she also couldn't resist (falsely) accusing the girls of also being responsible for the current state of their relationship).  And even if by some miracle she were to finally get it, I don't think she has the emotional capacity nor the sincere desire needed to consistently prioritize her kids over a man.  So, yeah, June, you are still  a massively selfish fucking bitch. (Sorry, it just makes me feel better to say it "out loud").

On a positive note, they all seemed to have a ton of fun at the drag queen show, and loved loved loved how much it meant to Jessica.  Also, cracked up at Pumpkin's "zen and peace" comment.

Edited by SabineElisabeth
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 6/3/2023 at 8:26 AM, JustbeingReal said:

I feel kind of bad for Mama June. She's stuck in her ways but she seems sorry. 

I do think June is sorry her relationship with her girls is broken, but I only think she's sorry in so much as it's negatively affecting HER.  And I don't feel even the teeny tiniest little bit bad for her.  In fact, I would say I feel about as bad for her as she feels about what she's done to her kids - which is to say, not at all.

Not to repeat myself, but . . . in June's world, it's always about June, 100% of the time.  I mean, for example -  dragging Anna to her wedding shower.  I nearly threw up in my mouth when June said she invited Anna because she wants to have a closer relationship with her.  Sorry, but no.  If she truly wanted to do something related to the shower that would also help in mending her relationship with Anna, save some treats for her and take them by her house after the shower.  Make sure she's doing okay after having major surgery.  Spend a little time with her sick daughter and her grandkids.  But no, June needed Anna to physically be at the shower as part of the fake image she's trying to create for the inlaws, so she somehow coerced Anna into showing up.  At which point, June watched her hobble in, sit there for who knows how long, clearly on pain meds and clearly still in pain - and June didn't give a FUCK.

Then there's June and her crocodile tears in the bathroom over finding out Jessica's gay on social media.  Aww, poor June.  She must've been so upset because she knew it would've meant a lot to Jessica to be able to share that moment with her mom, right?  Nope.  Not fucking June  Never once did it seem to even cross June's mind that Jessica might have felt some kinda way about the fact her mom found out she's gay through her social media.  June was upset because SHE didn't want to find out from social media.  SHE wanted to be included in the moment.    SHE wanted to be wanted.  SHE wanted to be having fun and partying with everybody else.  

Anyway, so many more examples, so little time.  But, it all comes down to this.  It doesn't matter what "it" is, it's always always always about fucking June.  June, and only June.  All of the fucking time.

Edited by SabineElisabeth
  • Like 9
  • Love 1

It becomes clearer with each episode that her husband’s family is ONLY interested in meeting “honey Boo Boo”. I mean, they were downright sullen that Alana was not at the shower. Why do I watch this shit? Oh yeah, passing the time until LAL starts again….

• LOL 8

I agree that I think June expected her kids to need her more than they actually do. She wants the kids around when it'll look good for her. She wants the picture perfect family when camera's are around and it'll look good for her. But doesn't want to actually put an effort into really establishing a relationship with her kids or grand kids. I truly think the only kid she truly wanted there was Alana, it was very telling when she asked Pumpkin in the previous episode if Doe-Doe would bring her. She knows that Pumpkin isn't afraid to call her out with anyone around. I think she thinks that she can get Alana to still play "happy family" with her. I really hate that pictures show that she got her family to come to this wedding. I think that he came along in her life to get on camera for a little bit and get a little bit of money so that he can be able to afford things. Why you would want to even pretend with someone as gross as June is beyond me... I give their "marriage" a year and that'll be the storyline in a future season if this show continues on. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Wow. That was actually painful to watch. 

But, good on Pumpkin for rejecting the feel good moment June was trying to shove down their throats, and for then actually turning it into an opportunity to force June to really hear her.  Not that I think it will do any good as far as changing June's behavior, but I found it quite satisfying to watch as she finally had to face the enormity and depth of the hurt she's inflicted on her family.  But, most of all, I hope it was helpful to Pumkin to be able to be face to face with her mom and say  what had long needed to be said.

Lingering thoughts from this episode? An even more intense hope that in spite of their pathetic excuse of a mother, June's kids get their happily ever after.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I was cringing at the end with Pumpkins explosion at June. I think most of that show was all scripted but I think we got a taste of reality at the end. You could see it in Pumpkins eyes! You know she was right for sticking up for her sister/ now child Alana. Alana is smart. She has to be hurting inside. No amount of fake nails or wigs (or food!) will be enough to fill that void. On a side note; I agreed with Josh about not buying her the wig.....especially since she has hair ON HER HEAD lol

Alana could do her own nails and makeup and hair. She has pretty hair too! She did look nice in her graduation shots but please. Can you imagine her if she ever gets married? Talk about bridezilla mama June. She is her bio daughter!

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

Alana has nice hair so I don't get the whole wig thing.  I hate, hate, hate the eyelashes and 10 inch long killer nails.  She looks so much better natural.  

• Like 9
On 6/10/2023 at 4:56 PM, Calibabydolly said:

I agreed with Josh about not buying her the wig.....especially since she has hair ON HER HEAD lol

I was howling over that! 😄 Josh is so practical and yet so funny too.

Enh while I agree she does look pretty naturally I understand her wanting to get glammed up for pictures.  If I had the resources I'd probably do it too.  Have fun with it!

Loved seeing the meet n greet though I didn't understand Jess's gf being there.  Would anyone know who she is?🤷‍♀️

• Like 4
16 hours ago, Calibabydolly said:

Well if Alana had her bf there, I guess Jessica wanted her gf there too! It's all about inclusion you know.

Yeah but people know who Alana's bf is because he was on previous season.  We, the viewing audience, just meet Jess's gf a few episode ago.  So assuming this meet n greet was filmed before the season aired 😄 how would we know who she is......I aint mad about it just seemed weird timeline wise

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Watch this fake shitshow for kicks and giggles. Half the time, all participants look like they can't keep a smile off their faces. However, Pumpkin is truly enraged at June. She is so angry- it was about the only time I saw honest emotions.

• Like 6
22 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

Loved seeing the meet n greet though I didn't understand Jess's gf being there.  Would anyone know who she is?🤷‍♀️

4 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

Yeah but people know who Alana's bf is because he was on previous season.  We, the viewing audience, just meet Jess's gf a few episode ago.  So assuming this meet n greet was filmed before the season aired 😄 how would we know who she is......I aint mad about it just seemed weird timeline wise

Totally a guess, as I don't personally follow any of them on social media, but betting Jessica has been posting about her girlfriend on social media since long before the episodes featuring her started airing on tv.  And that's probably the same place they advertised their meet 'n greet, as well.  So, same audience - meaning, that in real time, the people who attended the meet 'n greet were probably already pretty familiar with her girlfriend by then.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

At this point June is irredeemable!  She still puts herself and her feelings first.  She doesn't get it and never will.  Those kids have to decide how much more heartache they are willing to suffer or cut the cord permanently 

• Like 5
  • Love 1