Type keyword(s) to search

The Marvel Cinematic Universe: The Avengers, etc.

vb68
  • Start Topic

I liked them. I didn't need them to refresh myself, but I liked them anyway. I think there were a few small moments in Wanda's that I didn't recognize so I'm assuming they're from deleted scenes. 

I'm really excited for WandaVision!

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

My bad, it's fixed.

Thanks! 

I have to admit I'm a little worried about Reynolds overseeing the script. I didn't like Deadpool 2 and, right or wrong I blame Reynolds. He pushed out Miller, he took more creative control and he got a writing credit. 

• Love 2

I liked Deadpool 2  just fine, apart from the fridging (although that made sense for the storyline, because a happy, content Deadpool just isn't going to work). I'm more than happy for the same creative team to craft the third movie, I just hope that there won't be any retconning of the X-Men because they haven't appeared in the MCU yet.

Negasonic Teenage Warhead and Colossus are so much fun as unimpressed foils for Wade that losing them would really hurt the movie. Not to mention Cable and Domino, two long-established X-characters. I don't know how they'll manage to figure it out, because the narrative dissonance of Deadpool interacting with them and then with Ant-Man or Hawkeye or someone would be very strange.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, JessePinkman said:

But I don't want Deadpool's stupid versions of Colossus, Domino and Cable. Sigh.

I like that version or Colossus. Plus there are so many damn X-Men I think it is safe to sacrifice a few for a comic relief movie. Now if they could find some way to bring back Terry Crews either as the same character or someone new that would be amazing. Because even though it was a joke talk about criminally under using someone.

• Love 2

The Feige interview with Collider has been posted. 

On 1/12/2021 at 1:41 AM, swanpride said:

Frankly, Feige most likely just misspoke.

After watching the interview I think he is being misinterpreted for clickbait. He only said Deadpool is “different type of (audio cuts out) character in the MCU”. He could mean it the way it’s being reported it could just mean it’s different than anything they’ve done before. 

29 minutes ago, Anduin said:

I suppose there could be flashbacks to other missions with Bucky or the Avengers, but I like the end he got. I don't want that retconned.

Sorry I meant to quote @Dani with the Deadline link.

Thanks. I saw a tweet from Evans saying "news to me" and a ton of tweets about please put on the suit. I had no idea what was going on. I hope this is true Capt is my favorite.

When Endgame first aired I was so afraid he would die that I was OK with the Peggy ending because at least he got to be happy. However, my preferred ending would have been for Capt to move forward and continue fighting the good fight. 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Anduin said:

I suppose there could be flashbacks to other missions with Bucky or the Avengers, but I like the end he got. I don't want that retconned.

We’re getting the multiverse so the possibilities are endless. 

57 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Thanks. I saw a tweet from Evans saying "news to me" and a ton of tweets about please put on the suit. I had no idea what was going on. I hope this is true Capt is my favorite.

We’ve reached a point where a celeb acting like a trade story is completely unfounded (Tatiana Maslony, Paul Rudd, Brie Larson, etc) is actually confirmation for me. Deadline is never going to report something completely unfounded. I’m still just cautiously optimistic because they don’t say it’s a done deal but it’s great that he’s open to coming back in some way. 

11 hours ago, Dani said:

We’ve reached a point where a celeb acting like a trade story is completely unfounded (Tatiana Maslony, Paul Rudd, Brie Larson, etc) is actually confirmation for me. Deadline is never going to report something completely unfounded. I’m still just cautiously optimistic because they don’t say it’s a done deal but it’s great that he’s open to coming back in some way. 

Yeah, if it was something else I wouldn't believe it but, Deadline, Variety and The Hollywood Reporter are pretty solid. 

There are a million ways to do it, we could get a Korean or Vietnam War movie with Logan. We could get an AU Steve since they're introducing the multiverse, I suppose it could simply be flashbacks or found footage. 

The article says it would be like RDJ in Civil War (which was co-star/Co-lead, IMO) or Spiderman (guest star/supporting role).

I know in the comics they've aged and de-aged Steve at least once. I suppose they could find some way to de-age Old Steve. Hell, I wonder if picking up (AU) Mjolnir would do it?

Edited by Morrigan2575
55 minutes ago, swanpride said:

They could simply push the time through his body in reverse or whatever they did in Endgame with Ant-man.

Yeah, they can totally de-age Old Steve if they wanted to. Sci-fi has a million ways to deal with that. 

The indication seems to be that he'll play a co-star role in other people's movies. There are ways they can do that without a Retcon of Engame but, that won't make me happy 😁

• Love 2

I imagine the extent of this will be a couple of flashback scenes, showing how Steve influenced other characters. The credits of Spider-Man: Homecoming will say that Chris Evans was in that movie, but it was nothing more than a cameo.

I don't think Chris Evans has any plans to reprise the character in any significant way. He's on record time and again about how difficult it was to get into Cap shape and over a decade of playing the same role isn't going to appeal to many movie actors.

Perhaps the one thing that might sway him would be a project that allows him to directly address the toxic political voices that he's so willing to challenge through social media.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

There are a million ways to do it, we could get a Korean or Vietnam War movie with Logan. We could get an AU Steve since they're introducing the multiverse, I suppose it could simply be flashbacks or found footage. 

This would take retconning though too, wouldn't it?  Because he crashed into the ice in the 1940s and woke up nearly 70 years later in the 2000s.  Did he go on adventures while he was asleep?  Was he never really asleep that whole time?

Which also brings me to a question I had about him in general - if he didn't age while he was asleep, why did he age during his "second life" with Peggy?  He was genetically altered or whatever he was injected with; he should have continued to barely age and had a whole life with Peggy and still come back to the Avengers in present day the same age or barely older.  JMO.  

Edit to add:  I think he'll be in the "What If...?" series on Disney+.  I'm not sure he'll be in much more than that.  And it's probably a big deal because, if I were him, I'd want a lot of money even for just one episode.

Edited by FnkyChkn34
4 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

This would take retconning though too, wouldn't it?  Because he crashed into the ice in the 1940s and woke up nearly 70 years later in the 2000s.  Did he go on adventures while he was asleep?  Was he never really asleep that whole time?

He went back I time to the 50s or 70s I couldn't remember. That's why I said Korean or Vietnam war. Basically they could keep Steve around based on Endgame by setting the movie in the past

Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

He went back I time to the 50s or 70s I couldn't remember. That's why I said Korean or Vietnam war. Basically they could keep Steve around based on Endgame by setting the movie in the past

Oh yeah.  Duh. 🙂  Good point that totally went over my head. 🤣

8 minutes ago, swanpride said:

That is voice work. That rates for voice acting are different. Actors love to do it because considering that they only have to stand at the microphone, it gets paid well for celebrities.

Think there is any truth to the reports that Vin Diesel got $54 million to play Groot?  If so, Chris Evans should definitely go for that money. (Though he may have already done work on "What If...?" since it seems like season 1 is finished and season 2 is in production.  But it could be for season 2.)

I want him in Deadpool 3 as Old Man Steve beating the crap out of villains (or possibly Deadpool) with a cane instead of the shield and griping about how superheroes did things back in his day the whole time.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

They were careful to use 40s cars in the background. So anytime after the Agent Carter series 

14 hours ago, Dani said:

We’re getting the multiverse so the possibilities are endless. 

Other than the doctor strange movies and the Loki show I really hope they don't lean too hard into the whole multi-verse thing, because even in Endgame they couldn't keep things straight with how the story worked. Plus alternate universe stories always bug me since the alternate ones are always only a tiny bit different than the main one (Spock has a beard). When if there are infinite other universes shouldn't most of them be ones where humans never evolved.

7 hours ago, swanpride said:

Let's just wait and see. There are a lot of possibilities to bring Steve back. After all, the reality in which Loki is now messing around has a Steve, too.

Plus, Loki has turned himself into Steve and Skrulls are also in play. 

2 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Which also brings me to a question I had about him in general - if he didn't age while he was asleep, why did he age during his "second life" with Peggy?  He was genetically altered or whatever he was injected with; he should have continued to barely age and had a whole life with Peggy and still come back to the Avengers in present day the same age or barely older.  JMO.  

Edit to add:  I think he'll be in the "What If...?" series on Disney+.  I'm not sure he'll be in much more than that.  And it's probably a big deal because, if I were him, I'd want a lot of money even for just one episode.

He ages slower than normal but still ages. He didn’t age noticeably while he was asleep because he was frozen. Cold slows metabolic processes. 

I shouldn’t be “What If...” because those deals were worked out at least a couple of years ago and he’s already done the voice over for it. According to Fiege, Chadwick recorded “numerous episode’s” over 3 days so Chris probably did all his recorded when he did the Peggy Carter episode. 

2 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Think there is any truth to the reports that Vin Diesel got $54 million to play Groot?  If so, Chris Evans should definitely go for that money. (Though he may have already done work on "What If...?" since it seems like season 1 is finished and season 2 is in production.  But it could be for season 2.)

I find any salary reports suspect. Regardless, you can’t compare a small role in an animated Disney+ series and a star in a live action blockbuster even if they are both voice over work. 

Edited by Guest
29 minutes ago, Raja said:

They were careful to use 40s cars in the background. So anytime after the Agent Carter series 

Oh. You know I just assumed it was the same time that they went back for the cube. So Steve went to replace the cube and then took another stop? Now I'm starting to dislike that ending 😁

6 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

I imagine the extent of this will be a couple of flashback scenes, showing how Steve influenced other characters. The credits of Spider-Man: Homecoming will say that Chris Evans was in that movie, but it was nothing more than a cameo.

I don't think Chris Evans has any plans to reprise the character in any significant way. He's on record time and again about how difficult it was to get into Cap shape and over a decade of playing the same role isn't going to appeal to many movie actors.

Perhaps the one thing that might sway him would be a project that allows him to directly address the toxic political voices that he's so willing to challenge through social media.

I would imagine that a global pandemic having shut down or delayed smaller and medium sized film projects for the past year might make the rigors of  getting into shape for a big budget superhero franchise and the paycheck that comes with it less of a deal breaker than they had been previously.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Dani said:

He ages slower than normal but still ages. He didn’t age noticeably while he was asleep because he was frozen. Cold slows metabolic processes. 

I read Wikipedia after I posted here.  Apparently that's the one important thing that I missed by never having watched the Edward Norton Hulk movie.  I didn't know that he spent all or most of the time under the ice; I was under the impression that he spent most of the time sleeping in the hospital room where he woke up.  Since it was still decorated in the 40s-50s style, I guess I assumed that's when he was brought there.  I get now that they did that on purpose so he wouldn't be so alarmed when he did wake up.  (And if this was mentioned in any other movie other than that Hulk one, then I clearly missed it. 🤣)

13 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Keep in mind too that Steve had access to a time machine. Whose to say that old man Steve sitting on the bench didn't come there from the year 2100? Oh whose to say that he didn't spend 50 years visiting great moments in history.

5 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I read Wikipedia after I posted here.  Apparently that's the one important thing that I missed by never having watched the Edward Norton Hulk movie.  I didn't know that he spent all or most of the time under the ice; I was under the impression that he spent most of the time sleeping in the hospital room where he woke up.  Since it was still decorated in the 40s-50s style, I guess I assumed that's when he was brought there.  I get now that they did that on purpose so he wouldn't be so alarmed when he did wake up.  (And if this was mentioned in any other movie other than that Hulk one, then I clearly missed it. 🤣)

That scene in The Incredible Hulk was deleted and was more of an Easter egg. It’s not consistent with how a Steve was found in Captain America. The movie starts with him being found in the ice. Although now that I think about it, they never actually say it or show Capsicle. You see them find the plane and shield. If you watch while doing something else it would be easy to miss. 

2 hours ago, starri said:

If it's from We Got This Covered, be assured there is no truth to it at all.

They just make shit up.

The dartboard theory of journalism. Just like the tabloids at the supermarket.

• Love 1

Can Henry Cavill just jump comic universes like that?  If I were DC, I'd have put a non-compete in his contract.  

11 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Wasn't Iron Man 3 also. I mean it wasn't Christmas themed but that is when it happened.

If Die Hard is a Christmas movie, then Iron Man 3 is as well.  🤣

If they don't have Peter slipping down walls because they're frozen, or having his webs fail to attach, then they're missing a trick.

As for Henry Cavill as Captain Britain? No thanks. I'm still not even convinced that guy can act. His Superman was lousy and his Geralt is basically just doing an impression of the game version of the character

• Love 1
1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Can Henry Cavill just jump comic universes like that?  If I were DC, I'd have put a non-compete in his contract.

J. K. Simmons has, but I don't know if he'd be subject to the same sort of lockdowns as lead actors.

27 minutes ago, Bruinsfan said:

J. K. Simmons has, but I don't know if he'd be subject to the same sort of lockdowns as lead actors.

I imagine there is also a time limit to those things, I mean Christian Bale is going to be in the next Thor movie and you can't be more of a lead than the freakin Batman.

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I imagine there is also a time limit to those things, I mean Christian Bale is going to be in the next Thor movie and you can't be more of a lead than the freakin Batman.

Ehhh???

Of course he's

playing a villain!

. Me no likey. But, it's Christian Bale, so I'm excited!

What?