Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02 Brianne's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

I love Dr. Paradise, and I love how she actually listened to him. Frankly, I think she's brave to have this sit down with her mom.

As for her dad, fuck him, he sounds like a complete asshole. 

Wow, mom walked out but that's okay Brianne, you needed to get that shit off your chest.

Kudos to you!

• Love 18

YOU DO NOT NEED TO WORK ANYTHING OUT WITH YOUR TERRIBLE FATHER! That's another 200+ pounds right there you can lose, Brianne. No sweat.

I don't blame Mom at all for walking out.  She's staying with this woman and now she has to hear this shit.  It's awfully easy to blame someone else for your problems.  From what I see, we only have Brianne's version and I'm not giving her a pass just because this is supposed to be her story.

• Love 12

I guess I understand that you have to deal with the crap from your childhood, but what is her mom supposed to do about her broken relationship with her dad years later?

My sister is 63 years old and still kvetching about her childhood and my parents who are both dead. And her childhood was not bad, as a matter of fact, it was really good. But she can't let it go. 

• Love 10
Just now, QuinnInND said:

Way to be a douche, mom. Smh.  And with regard to kids wanting their parents to love them, I hated my stepfather. Always. I never loved him. Or felt anything but hatred towards him. 

I had a stepmother I felt the same way about.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I guess I understand that you have to deal with the crap from your childhood, but what is her mom supposed to do about her broken relationship with her dad years later?

Own her part.  That goes a long way to moving forward.

• Love 12

Good for her for telling her mother how she felt.  Even if there are two sides to this story, the way she feels is still valid.

The mother reacted in a very immature way, considering she admitted not being a great mom to her.

Sometimes you have to get the toxic people out of your life, even if its family.

Edited by Cherrio
  • Love 21

And way to go Mom, throw Dad under the bus when you ignored everything that happened.      I'm still wondering if Brianne is actually the Dad's child, or if she just became the family scapegoat.   Or if he liked the little kids because one was a boy? 

I hope she has her skin surgery in Oregon, or else gets a personal care assistant after surgery if her husband can't be there, because the mother is a lost cause.   Mom walking out told me everything I need to know about the parents.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 11

My parents always gave me a hard time about my weight growing up and I wasn't even heavy! Guess they saw the potential. I do however appreciate because it kept me in check and years after they passed, I still watch my weight.

• Love 3
Just now, Kid said:

Own her part.  That goes a long way to moving forward.

It’s also telling that she said (parapgrahsin) I’m sorry you felt that way. That’s not taking responsibility for her (Mom’s) part in enabling her husband to treat their child that way. 

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

Good for her for telling her mother how she felt.  Even if there are two sides to this story, the way she feels is still valid.

The mother reacted in a very immature way, considering her admitted not being a great mom to her.

Sometimes you have to get the toxic people out of your life, even if its family.

Yes indeed. I left 40 years ago and have never gone back. Because there is no point in going back to an empty well.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

I don't blame Mom at all for walking out.  She's staying with this woman and now she has to hear this shit.  It's awfully easy to blame someone else for your problems.  From what I see, we only have Brianne's version and I'm not giving her a pass just because this is supposed to be her story.

Yes, we don't have Mom's side of what happened in the past, and Brianne probably overreacted as she turned those events over and over again in her mind over the years - but Mom's words here and now are not exactly painting her in the best light.  Sorry, team Brianne based on the words and actions during this show.

I disapprove of adult children blaming everything on their past - but Brianne is also DOING things to correct that situation now, not just stewing over them, so it's not the same.

Edited by Hellga
  • Love 12
Just now, Gbb said:

I think she just needed to be heard and her pain acknowledged. A simple, sincere “I’m sorry I wasn’t what you needed me to be” would probably have done wonders. 

Yes! This!  When my mother and I reconnected, she acknowledged what happened to me and her part in it. And it did help me. 

Good for her going home alone! She's doing great! 

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

"Yes he was terrible. He locked the refrigerator. Never loved me. Abused me." 

"What would you say to him now?"

"I miss him."

WHY? WHY? I don't get this mindset AT. ALL.

Seriously! WTF? If I never saw that bastard for another eleven years, it would be just fine with me.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

It’s also telling that she said (parapgrahsin) I’m sorry you felt that way. That’s not taking responsibility for her (Mom’s) part in enabling her husband to treat their child that way. 

EXACTLY!!!

• Love 7
Just now, Hellga said:

Yes, we don't have Mom's side of what happened in the past, and Brianne probably overreacted as she turned those events over and over again in her mind over the years - but Mom's words here and now are not exactly painting her in the best light.  Sorry, team Brianne based on the words and actions during this show.

Hellga, team Mom here and I don't care about Brianne at all.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

My parents always gave me a hard time about my weight growing up and I wasn't even heavy! Guess they saw the potential. I do however appreciate because it kept me in check and years after they passed, I still watch my weight.

My mom watched me like a hawk. I now appreciate it because it kept my weight down when I was in junior high/high school. The only problem is when I grew up and left home I wanted to try all the junk food I wasn't allowed and had to fight against hiding it/being a secret eater.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Snarkastikate said:

I missed the first half of the show, but is she younger than her stepdaughter?  Just how much older is hubby?

Hubby is 30 years older. She’s about 10yrs older than her step daughter. 

• Love 1

Rick is 30 years older than Brianne, and the stepdaughter is 10 years younger than Brianne is.     They married when Rick was 52, Brianne was 22, and the stepdaughter was 12.   I hope I got that all correct, if not someone correct it please.  

• Love 5
1 minute ago, ShortyMac said:

Catrina's happiness and emotion at Brianne's surprise warmed my jaded, cynical heart. 

(She could use some diet tips from her)

I wonder if they were able to move to Houston with her, would Catrina have followed the diet with her and lost weight.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

I missed the first half of the show, but is she younger than her stepdaughter?  Just how much older is hubby?

Her husband is 30 years older than her, and her stepdaughter is only about 8-10 years younger than her.

2 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

My mom watched me like a hawk. I now appreciate it because it kept my weight down when I was in junior high/high school. The only problem is when I grew up and left home I wanted to try all the junk food I wasn't allowed and had to fight against hiding it/being a secret eater.

That's the problem when there is external control instead of education and development of self-control.  As soon as no one is pushing you, you break down.  For me, it was keeping a clean and organized home.  When I have company - I get everything nice and clean.  When I am by myself for extended periods of time, no guests or anything - I turn into a complete slob, shamed as I am to admit it.

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, Hellga said:

One excuse I *hate* with a passion is - "I had to hold it in at work, so I released the steam at home".  That's the worst kind of cowardice - cowering in front of the strong and taking your fear and weakness out on the weak and those who won't fight back, be it kids, elderly, or people in service professions.  Disgusting. 

Amen. The worst combination of traits being both a coward and a bully. Hate, hate, hate them, especially since a girl's dad is supposed to be her biggest supporter and love her.

• Love 9