Type keyword(s) to search

Got Questions?: We've Got Answers!

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

She was great and she was only one that had the sense to fix her awful teeth. It never made any sense to me, why Susan never fixed hers...

I think they missed an interesting opportunity when they brought Susan back.  I think the more daring thing would of been to make her a little more "polished".  They still could of kept the character quirky but there was no need for Susan to be the exact same person that she was twenty years ago.  Especially considering what the show has told us she has been through. 

Being found by Stefano after escaping Salem, coming to some sort of "agreement" with Stefano on custody, EJ's illness as a toddler, spending the last twenty years married to Edmund in England.  Getting used to a more comfortable life by EJ. 

• Love 1

Very good point. And ED could have pulled it off too. I just rewatched when Kristen went to that detective in a Susan-like disguise to destroy his evidence of Eric's rape. It was a similar voice to Susan's, but the attitude was different. She's really great at subtleties.

10 hours ago, tribeca said:

Has Kate ever paid for any of her crimes?

It does seem as though she keeps getting away with things and it looks like she's going to skate on being part of Leo's blckmail plot too.

Does anyone know that it was Clyde who orchestrated Sonny's stabbing?

• Love 3
8 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

It does seem as though she keeps getting away with things and it looks like she's going to skate on being part of Leo's blckmail plot too.

Does anyone know that it was Clyde who orchestrated Sonny's stabbing?

Sonny and Justin know as well. Dena did nothing with the revelation. Adrienne should have raised hell over his stabbing. Adrienne wanted to raise her 4 children away from Victor and Justin agreed. It was the reason that they moved to Texas.

• Love 4
On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 6:34 PM, tribeca said:

Has Kate ever paid for any of her crimes?

She has in certain ways.  A lot of her relationships with her children have been severely fractured by her crimes.

Her biggest downfall was probably in the late 90's after everything with Victor imploded.  Kate was broke, down on her luck, and waitressing at a diner.  It is where we first met Hattie as Kate's co-worker. 

I think unfortunately Kate gets used as a perennial "scapegoat" in a lot of ways.  When the writers don't seem to know what to do with her character they put her in storylines that she wasn't ever a part of in order to wrap them up without any real consequences.  Because Kate is one of the few likeable "grey characters" they insert her when they need a "villain".

• Love 5
1 minute ago, betweenthelines said:

He's twenty five now, but would have been 21 when he married Sonny, since his birthday wouldn't have been until November. He was born November 16 1995 but the show aged him by three years when they changed from the babies that played Will to Darian I believe so his birth year is now 1992. But Sonny was basically his only gay relationship, going back to their friendship which started when he was only 17.

Ah, thanks! Related question: how old is Sonny?

• Love 2
(edited)
11 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

I think Sonny is about 29 or the most 30.  He is older than Will but just by a few years.

Has Sonny's actual age ever been mentioned on screen since Freddie started? I know he was born back in or around 1991 and it was confirmed via phone call that the birth occurred but he was never on screen until 2011, but they could have/probably aged him up. I think it makes sense for Sonny to be older than Will, 29 or 30 would make sense but I'm just wondering if they ever mentioned it. I can't remember. 

Edited by betweenthelines
  • Love 1

I don't think they ever mentioned Sonny's age but how they presented him when he showed up told us that he wasn't 17/18 like Will, Gabby, and Chad.  He had already finished college (?), and/or had been out on his own for a few years traveling.  He also jumped into showing us that he was an entrepreneur and had some training and skill set.  At that point he had already had relationships with men, including Paul.  I'm assuming the show intends for us to believe that Sonny and Paul are around the same age.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, betweenthelines said:

Has Sonny's actual age ever been mentioned on screen since Freddie started? I know he was born back in or around 1991 and it was confirmed via phone call that the birth occurred but he was never on screen until 2011, but they could have/probably aged him up. I think it makes sense for Sonny to be older than Will, 29 or 30 would make sense but I'm just wondering if they ever mentioned it. I can't remember. 

You are correct,  Sonny was born offscreen, Justin had called Victor to tell him of his birth.   Sonny is actually older than Abigail, Brady and Belle.   

• Love 3
4 hours ago, tribeca said:

To the people who were watching back in the day.   Do Ciara and Ben remind you of Bo and Hope?

4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Nope, not at all.

Hell, even Hope doesn't remind me of Hope back in the day.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, boes said:

Hell, even Hope doesn't remind me of Hope back in the day.

Lol

Bo and Ben are completely different archetypes.  Also as much as Ciara annoys me sometimes, old school Hope was very much a spoiled brat.  With Bo and Hope there was a very "opposites attract" quality there.  If you take away Ben's mental issues, he and Ciara aren't really that far removed from each other personality wise.  They definitely aren't opposites attract.

• Love 4
(edited)
15 hours ago, tribeca said:

To the people who were watching back in the day.   Do Ciara and Ben remind you of Bo and Hope?

No, not at all.  To me, Bo and Hope had a passionate quality to their every interaction, a slow burn that showed their feelings for each other building every time they had a conversation.  And Hope may have been a spoiled princess but she was never deliberately cruel.  Now, perhaps given time and a slow build, Ben and Ciara might work as a couple, but they are not in this same league as Bo and Hope's romance.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

No, not at all.  To me, Bo and Hope had a passionate quality to their every interaction, a slow burn that showed their feelings for each other building every time they had a conversation.  And Hope may have been a spoiled princess but she was never deliberately cruel.  Now, perhaps given time and a slow build, Ben and Ciara might work as a couple, but they are not in this same league as Bo and Hope's romance.

Not to mention, Hope wanted to change people's perception of her being a spoiled princess. She became a police officer to prove her naysayers wrong.  A rich heiress becoming a civil servant is not something that happens everyday.. Bo, unlike Hope, never felt loved and accepted by his father. He always felt judged and that drove him to rebel and act out.  He also had problems with his older brother Roman who was his father's favorite.  He was super close to his sister Kayla, who was also ignored, by their father, in lieu of, their big sister Kim.

Hope grew up without her mother and her family spoiled and indulged her to fill that hole. Doug, her dad, was always traveling and left her in the care of Tom and Alice, her grandparents.  Growing up without a mother affected her as well.  She clashed with Julie a lot  and Hope resented her for trying to be her mother. Sherry did a good job in giving Bo and Hope interesting backstories that made them interesting in their own right.  She gave them relationships, outside of them, being a couple that made their characters richer. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

I'd say not more than usual societal norms which is unfortunate. Yes, Jennifer and Eve are older than Eric and Brady but it is so overexagerated. They are 10 yrs older at most. Victor is old enough to be Nicole's grandfather. No complaints from me. 

Good old fashioned misogyny rearing its head. 

I'd say not more than usual societal norms which is unfortunate. Yes, Jennifer and Eve are older than Eric and Brady but it is so overexagerated. They are 10 yrs older at most. Victor is old enough to be Nicole's grandfather

• Love 8

Another World's Amanda Cory, Sandra Ferguson, started airing on this show as Dr. Charlotte Taylor on December 1st 2008 and continued airing into 2009. Does anybody have episodes featuring her saved on their hard drive or something? I'd love to see some episodes because I can't find anything online. So few AW actors crossed over into other roles after that show ended.

If anybody remembers, was her DAYS storyline a good one?

Was Dr Taylor the doctor that was treating John to help him recover after Stefano had that chip implanted/activated? She blamed Marlena for her father's death and she became obsessed with John an tried to turn him away from Marlena.

:( I was thinking as much. Nilyank thanks for those details. According to an interview she gave at the time, she came aboard with no story and they kept her on as John's psychiatrist and wrote more for Dr. Taylor to make her come between Doc and John. That's all I knew.

On 9/24/2018 at 8:24 AM, tribeca said:

John and Brady attract a lot of crazies

Yeah, they did. Also remember Kim Morgan Greene, who was also on AW at one point, I think, as Baby Brady's nanny, who also became obsessed with John or something.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Kayla said something in today's ep about Kristen having children. Who are her kids and who are the fathers?

Kristen doesn't have any children.  Kristen has been pregnant twice, once with John Jr, who she miscarried and then tried to pass EJ off as, which is what introduced the Susan storyline in the 90's.  Her second pregnancy was when she stole Tate as an embryo, and essentially was his surrogate.

Kristen has no children of her own.  This has been a running issue with the character over the years, which is why when she miscarried she had a nervous breakdown.  Kristen was a dedicated social worker and huge advocate for children before her breakdown.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Kristen was a dedicated social worker and huge advocate for children before her breakdown.

Ah, that must have been what Kayla was talking about. It was phrased weird though.

This also clears up the other question I had about whether Kristen has always been crazy or not.

16 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Kristen doesn't have any children.  Kristen has been pregnant twice, once with John Jr, who she miscarried and then tried to pass EJ off as, which is what introduced the Susan storyline in the 90's.  Her second pregnancy was when she stole Tate as an embryo, and essentially was his surrogate.

Kristen has no children of her own.  This has been a running issue with the character over the years, which is why when she miscarried she had a nervous breakdown.  Kristen was a dedicated social worker and huge advocate for children before her breakdown.

Don't forget that Kristen was told to avoid stress in her pregnancy by her doctor. It was a high risk pregnancy. She did the opposite and her fixation on John and Marlena caused her miscarriage.  She also tried to get pregnant again by constantly sleeping with John and nothing happened to no avail. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Ah, that must have been what Kayla was talking about. It was phrased weird though.

This also clears up the other question I had about whether Kristen has always been crazy or not.

Kristen was actually the "good Dimera" before Lexi.  She was a protégée of Alice Horton and very well liked and respected in Salem.  John and everyone else got the shock of their lives when she introduced Stefano as her father.  She was also best friends with Billie and Jennifer.

She had a mental breakdown when she miscarried her and John's baby.  At the time her beloved brother Peter was believed to be killed and she had just found out that while she was playing the pregnant dutiful fiancée John and Marlena were actually pining for each other behind her back.

It is why when she first returned a lot of fans were ok with Kristen messing with them.

The storyline of her descent has been one of the best that Days has done.  To take a "goody two shoes" character and turn her into a charismatic villain.  As DisneyBoy mentioned above it was a gradual slide, at one point you had Stefano as the devil on her shoulder and Kristen's recently returned mother Rachel Blake as the angel on the other both trying to get her to sway to one side.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, JBC344 said:

It is why when she first returned a lot of fans were ok with Kristen messing with them.

The Jarlena fans were fit to be tied, especially since Jarlena were written out of character. 

Edited by Apprentice79

I was not watching the show at the time but remember reading something about Mimi having an abortion and that she could no longer have children.     Am I remembering this wrong?   What was the story?

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, tribeca said:

I was not watching the show at the time but remember reading something about Mimi having an abortion and that she could no longer have children.     Am I remembering this wrong?   What was the story?

You are correct and JER who  wrote that story was super catholic, punished Mimi by having her become sterile for having had an abortion.  

• Love 4
11 hours ago, tribeca said:

You're remembering right.  Mimi was with Rex (Kate and Roman's son) she got pregnant, had an abortion.  Rex found out, left her and left town.  Her "punishment" was sterility.  That lead into her fertility issues when she was married to Shawn D, which then lead into the embryo switch and her becoming the biological mother of Tyler Kiriakis.

I never miss a chance to bring this up but still on of my favorite parts of the Black Glove/Embryo switch was the S&M/homoerotic relationship between EJ and Patrick Lockhart.  I can only imagine what Ron would of done with that storyline.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

What is Mimi and Chloe history?   They did not look happy to see each other. 

When Chloe first came on the show she was heavily bullied and referred to as "Ghoul Girl" for her appearance.  Jan Spears was the main culprit, but Mimi would find herself joining in through peer pressure.  As Chloe transformed there was definitely some jealousy there from Mimi.  I thought as they got older they buried those issues since they were all part of the same teen scene of Belle, Sean, Phillip, Chloe, Mimi, Rex, and Cassie. 

I guess they sort of became reluctant frenemies because they were in the same group.  Maybe I'm remembering they were closer than I thought. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Vixenstud said:

Did Rafe and Hope get back together?  

Apparently.

Did Steve go fully blind?  How did he leave the show?

Kayla connived with Stefan to give him a DiMera sponsored eye so he has vision in one eye, but Stefan wa using the eye to spy on all of the secret spy agency materials Steve was viewing, and sent it off to ... somebody, so Steve was arrested for espionage (off screen).

Is Alison Sweeney back to the show full-time?

No, just temporary, unfortunately.

• Love 1

Hmmm.....I recently saw a clip where Kayla had given Steve some sunglasses and both were crying, leading me to believe that he had gone totally blind; so he will still Patch when he was arrested off screen?

Thanks for the answers btw.

16 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

Hmmm.....I recently saw a clip where Kayla had given Steve some sunglasses and both were crying, leading me to believe that he had gone totally blind; so he will still Patch when he was arrested off screen?

Thanks for the answers btw.

Yes, he had an electronic eye in one socket and a patch over the other.

I think I heard Sami say to Lucas that when their two kids were babies they looked like Lucas.  I thought Will, Allie and Sidney were all Lucas' kids.  Didn't they do that thing where the twins were one from each dad?

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, bannana said:

I think I heard Sami say to Lucas that when their two kids were babies they looked like Lucas.  I thought Will, Allie and Sidney were all Lucas' kids.  Didn't they do that thing where the twins were one from each dad?

They did do that with the twins, it's just that Allie's twin is Johnny, so only Allie and Will are Lucas and Sami's children. Sydney is EJ's, though there was a whole switcheroo in how they got there.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, bannana said:

Will and Allie are Lucas'.

Johnny and Sidney are EJ's.

The twins are Johnny and Allie.

And Sami was being nice to Lucas and lying to him, because while baby Will may have looked like Lucas (he wasn't blonde back then), Allie always favored Sami.

• Love 4