Type keyword(s) to search

LuAnn de Lesseps: No Longer a Countess, Still Never a Princess

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Rap541 said:

I feel like I am harping so please do understand - I don't have an issue with pot smoking as long as people are responsible. 

I do have a problem with Luann playing the sobriety/rehab game to avoid punishment. I know people who really need the relief that medicinal marijuana brings and I know how hard they have to fight to get the medicine they need so I am bothered by how casually Luann gets to play "I have a script, dahling" when no, she's not supposed to publically toking up on random joints as a part of her medical regime. 

How is puffing a joint Luann maintaining her sobriety?

Is there a way to differentiate between the chemical compound between a therapeutic vape and a street joint?

I see your point is that Luann is being too cavalier with her usage, however she is also a first time offender.

If she was not driving or bothering anyone, I don’t see the point of punishing her for acting like an entitled person.

Perhaps, community service and a rehabilitation program would be applicable in that situation. What would locking up the Countess do for the community?

As far as her being belligerent with the police officer, tapes are needed and since it occurred in an hotel, there will be evidence imo.

• Love 3
On 4/26/2018 at 5:55 PM, Rap541 said:

I do care that she is breaking the law because she is currently facing charges for actions that took place while she was "self medicating her anxiety".

On 4/26/2018 at 6:44 PM, Rap541 said:

In the grand scheme of things, someone toking up isn't huge - but Luann is currently maintaining a sober lifestyle BECAUSE she's facing charges for assaulting a cop while intoxicated. 

This! What is Luann thinking ?

Keep your nose clean while awaiting your court date ”ya dumb drag queen! “

Also, none of this is setting a great example for her kids who are at such an impressionable age at a time they will make choices with drugs and alcohol. She has to make good choices. She’s still parenting in my opinion. Partying Downtown may not be the best peer support during her sobriety and before court. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 8

Speaking of which, CBS news New York just showed Luann in the back of the Police car. It was revealed that she removed her cuff, threatened to kill  the police officer and slammed the car door on him.

She might want to consider an attitude adjustment. The DA is not playing here.

• Love 10

Is there a way to differentiate between the chemical compound between a therapeutic vape and a street joint?

It genuinely depends. Medicinal marijuana is developed, depending on your problem, to tone down the "getting high" aspect. I suspect it will still show as THC in a test.

That said, if she genuinely has a script, the issue is not that she was using marijuana, its that she was using marijuana in a way forbidden for medicinal use in NYS AND there's really no way to argue she was "using it medicinally" as she was taking a hit off someone's blunt.

She is the one awaiting trial on a public intoxication case that involves assaulting a police officer, not me. 

This! What is Luann thinking ?

Keep your nose clean while awaiting your court date ”ya dumb drag queen! “

Exactly. How dumb do you have to be?

If she was not driving or bothering anyone, I don’t see the point of punishing her for acting like an entitled person.

After watching her little video in the cop car where she threatens the cop because she's rich and can get him into trouble, how do you feel about letting an entitled rich person use their wealth to get away with things that send poor people to jail?

I hadn't seen that video before, but I am NOT shocked that Luann's go to is to threaten someone because her money entitles her to the option of fucking someone over for doing their job. 

Edited by Rap541
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

It genuinely depends. Medicinal marijuana is developed, depending on your problem, to tone down the "getting high" aspect. I suspect it will still show as THC in a test.

That said, if she genuinely has a script, the issue is not that she was using marijuana, its that she was using marijuana in a way forbidden for medicinal use in NYS AND there's really no way to argue she was "using it medicinally" as she was taking a hit off someone's blunt.

She is the one awaiting trial on a public intoxication case that involves assaulting a police officer, not me. 

After watching her little video in the cop car where she threatens the cop because she's rich and can get him into trouble, how do you feel about letting an entitled rich person use their wealth to get away with things that send poor people to jail?

I hadn't seen that video before, but I am NOT shocked that Luann's go to is to threaten someone because her money entitles her to the option of fucking someone over for doing their job. 

And to the morgue . . . . 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

In fairness to Luann, it was a commentary by the journalists, I did not hear her saying it.

Same as with the door slamming allegation, proof is needed. 

She is in trouble, imo.

• Love 4

If you click on the first video, you can see the car cam footage without the commentary.  There's two video links, one with the commentators and one that is just the raw footage.

Yes, she's in trouble. I frankly assume she'll get away with it because she's playing the "pity me, I went to rehab, I have PTSD, that's why I drink" card but if you're going to play that card, you have to at least maintain the public façade of sobriety. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

If you click on the first video, you can see the car cam footage without the commentary.  There's two video links, one with the commentators and one that is just the raw footage.

Yes, she's in trouble. I frankly assume she'll get away with it because she's playing the "pity me, I went to rehab, I have PTSD, that's why I drink" card but if you're going to play that card, you have to at least maintain the public façade of sobriety. 

What video? I don't see any links to watch it, am I missing something?

ETA, I found this but there is only 1 video and the reporter talks over what Luann said except for her threat to "kill" the officer. http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/04/28/real-housewives-star-arrest-video/

I think because this is her first arrest, she will get community service and a fine along with being ordered to do AA for a set amount of times.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

What video? I don't see any links to watch it, am I missing something?

ETA, I found this but there is only 1 video and the reporter talks over what Luann said except for her threat to "kill" the officer. http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/04/28/real-housewives-star-arrest-video/

I think because this is her first arrest, she will get community service and a fine along with being ordered to do AA for a set amount of times.

Agree with you regarding community service and AA plus a mandated anger management class, imo.

She does not belong in prison imo, however she can’t go buckwild attacking people. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

Wow. no words. But 2 comments:

-At the 4:27 mark she flashes her thang --do we think she's gone Countess Commando or is the noble hoo haw properly draped?

-Far away in another hemisphere, a couple affectionately known as Silex is shaking its collective head and saying "Mm-hmm, surprise!"

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Agree with you regarding community service and AA plus a mandated anger management class, imo.

She does not belong in prison imo, however she can’t go buckwild attacking people. 

I wonder what her blood alcohol level was, she was really drunk, more than she was on the Mexico trip when she fell into the bushes!

• Love 5
On 4/27/2018 at 1:23 AM, biakbiak said:

That it be out right dismissed? Speedy Trial motion on a first offender where the officer was not harmed. 

Luann has already waived her right to a speedy trial.

That being said, it should be noted that being a first time offender or whether anyone was harmed are completely irrelevant considerations.  The right to a speedy trial is a civil right established in both the federal and Florida state constitutions and whether a defendant has a pre-existing criminal record or the whether the crime resulted in physical injury are of no consequence.

On 4/27/2018 at 1:23 AM, biakbiak said:

Assaulting a police officer is a charge that happens frequently when people are being arrested because there is typically contact but it can be difficult to prove. 

Luann is not accused of merely struggling against an officer and making incidental contact. She is accused of slamming a door on a cop's head.  Typically an officer's word that such a thing happened is all that is needed (barring introduction of contradictory evidence).  In this case, between the officer, other witnesses and now videos popping up that reveal Luann's demeanor that night, I would expect that particular charge against Luann to be a slam dunk.

I see absolutely no reason to believe the charges against Luann will be dismissed.  If all people had to do was delay and reject plea deals in order to get the State Attorneys to shrug their shoulders and just give up, nobody would ever be brought to trial.  Luann is not going to be able to out wait the prosecutor on this. And they are not going to forget about her.  She will probably get off fairly lightly but she's not going to be able to simply stall her way out of the mess she is in.  

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, LIMOM said:

In fairness to Luann, it was a commentary by the journalists, I did not hear her saying it.

Me, neither -- and I listened to the tape (without commentary).

Luann doesn't pull a Witherspoon or mention being rich, she makes the same threat every drunk on Cops -- rich or poor - has ever made (she's innocent -- innocent, I tell ya!) She repeats (over and over, until I'd want to throttle her if I were the cop) variations on "I did nothing wrong" and then (when the cop pulls her out of the backseat and positions her against the car to cuff her from the back) she turns her slurred legal argument into an existential cry to the gods:

"I've done nothing wrong! I've done nothing wrong!  For what? For what? Why? No - why would you do that to me? Why would you? Why are you doing this to me? Why are you doing this to me? Why is he doing this to me? Why would you do this? Why? Why? I'm gonna get you, I'm gonna get you,  big time, you're gonna be so bad, really*, so bad -- you done nothing -- I've done nothing wrong, I've done nothing wrong, and you're handcuffing me."

So (unless there's another tape I missed) I don't think Luann used her money to threaten the cop -- that said,  I have no doubt that if Luann were a black woman,  she'd have ended up like Chikesia Clemons.

~I just love that "no, really" (in case the cop doesn't believe she's the Norma Rae of false arrests). Also love the Freudian slip in her saying to the cop "You done nothing" immediately being corrected (even though she's blind drunk and weaving from the booze) into "I've done nothing wrong".

How embarrassing! 

Beyond cringeworthy.  (And that lighting - oh my god, it's so hideous. It makes her look like she's in the opening sequence in a horror movie -  and right after she exits the car with the cop, the audience hears "I've done nothing wron--"  followed by horrific screams and blood splattering on the windshield of the police car -- so yeah, not a good look for the Countess ; )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 8

I didn't watch it,  but knowing it's out there gives me a smudge of sympathy for Lu. I'd hate to have a video circulating of me at my worst. I'm sure she'll kill those feelings next episode. She always does. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, SCS said:

Wow. no words. But 2 comments:

-At the 4:27 mark she flashes her thang --do we think she's gone Countess Commando or is the noble hoo haw properly draped?

-Far away in another hemisphere, a couple affectionately known as Silex is shaking its collective head and saying "Mm-hmm, surprise!"

200.gif

• Love 8
On 4/27/2018 at 6:36 PM, Rap541 said:

How is puffing a joint Luann maintaining her sobriety?

Yet it is imperative that any personal assistant Lu hires abstain from drinking alcohol, even when off the clock, in the privacy of the personal assistant’s own home. 

Did Lu slam the hotel bathroom door on someone AND slam a car door on a police officer?

• Love 9
39 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Yet it is imperative that any personal assistant Lu hires abstain from drinking alcohol, even when off the clock, in the privacy of the personal assistant’s own home. 

Did Lu slam the hotel bathroom door on someone AND slam a car door on a police officer?

No, it was just the bathroom door.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Can you explain what you mean regarding the personal assistant?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Can you explain what you mean regarding the personal assistant?

There is some discussion of this in this thread a few pages back. I think Lu was trying to hire a personal assistant after her arrest. And after her stint in rehab. Lu was also attending AA meetings. She specified that she wanted to hire someone who was either sober or someone who never consumed alcohol - - not while working for Lu and not even on his/her own time, say, spending time with friends on the weekend or just relaxing after work. It seemed odd to many of us here. Especially since Lu has to spend time with Sonja, Ramona, Dorinda, and Tinsley, when they are filming.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

There is some discussion of this in this thread a few pages back. I think Lu was trying to hire a personal assistant after her arrest. And after her stint in rehab. Lu was also attending AA meetings. She specified that she wanted to hire someone who was either sober or someone who never consumed alcohol - - not while working for Lu and not even on his/her own time, say, spending time with friends on the weekend or just relaxing after work. It seemed odd to many of us here. Especially since Lu has to spend time with Sonja, Ramona, Dorinda, and Tinsley, when they are filming.

Is she hiring a personal assistant and/or sober coach? Lol.

• Love 3

That was kind of the point - if she wants a sober living companion, she should hire one, instead of putting ridiculous requirements on a personal assistant. And if she is so concerned about someone close to her drinking, why is she continuing to film with Sonja, Ramona, Dorinda etc when they all drink pretty openly and Luann apparently can't handle it when a social inferior possibly imbibes while not in her prescence.

But now we can add "its ok to toke up with Luann despite her addiction problems as long as she gets a hit"... Keep working those steps Luann!

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

That was kind of the point - if she wants a sober living companion, she should hire one, instead of putting ridiculous requirements on a personal assistant. And if she is so concerned about someone close to her drinking, why is she continuing to film with Sonja, Ramona, Dorinda etc when they all drink pretty openly and Luann apparently can't handle it when a social inferior possibly imbibes while not in her prescence.

But now we can add "its ok to toke up with Luann despite her addiction problems as long as she gets a hit"... Keep working those steps Luann!

If she was a bartender, would she have to quit her trade as well?

She has to make a living and RHONYC is her job. 

It is her life, her sobriety, imo.

My peeps volunteered for various organizations.

whatever works!

• Love 4

If she was a bartender, would she have to quit her trade as well?

Aside from the fictional Sam Malone, I don't know many recovering alcoholics who recommend bartending as a career move. 

And let me be honest - Luann's theoretical addiction problem isn't mine so if she wants to swill with her buddies, she can, its a free country. 

I'm not facing charges due to my behavior while intoxicated - she is. She's the one attempting to play the recovery card in order to avoid punishment. So if she wants to smoke pot and hang around a bunch of drunks because god forbid she deign to remove herself from the environment where she drinks out of control, then she can. 

I'm just not going to praise her for "doing the best she can, god bless her for *trying*" - she's playing a game here, in my opinion. Anything that's hard is apparently off the table because why should she give up her trade as a reality show star? 

Does whatever works include pot smoking? I mean, I'm beginning to think if Luann decided to drink a fifth of scotch, it would be applauded as "her choice, we shouldn't judge her as an alcoholic even though she's using alcohol addiction as an excuse for her bad behavior in order to avoid a jail sentence". 

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Does whatever works include pot smoking? I mean, I'm beginning to think if Luann decided to drink a fifth of scotch, it would be applauded as "her choice, we shouldn't judge her as an alcoholic even though she's using alcohol addiction as an excuse for her bad behavior in order to avoid a jail sentence". 

She will be judged by a jury of her peers, soon enough.

Nevertheless, it is HER choice to drink, use marijuana or whatever.

As far as reformed drunk being bartender, have you met my uncle JP? ;-)

• Love 2

Nevertheless, it is HER choice to drink, use marijuana or whatever.

And it's my choice to note that she's choosing to use marijuana or possibly alcohol while pratting that she's sober now in order to avoid punishment.

My prediction, btw? Once she gets off with a light sentence, she'll be back to drinking the red wine she was having the fond memories of in at least one interview. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

Luann hasn't been tried/convicted or sentenced so I'm not sure how she used being an alcoholic to avoid a jail sentence.  I don't think she's even called herself an alcoholic.  She got drunk, she acted a fool, she apologized and recognized she needed to change some things in her life.  Should she have waited until after sentencing to make those changes?  What if the charges are eventually dropped?

Not sure why that means she can't smoke a blunt.  I've never heard a violent stoner :)

Edited by snarts
  • Love 9
26 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

And it's my choice to note that she's choosing to use marijuana or possibly alcohol while pratting that she's sober now in order to avoid punishment.

My prediction, btw? Once she gets off with a light sentence, she'll be back to drinking the red wine she was having the fond memories of in at least one interview

A nice glass of Chianti, followed by a big fattie. Chic, c’est la vie, c’est bon, c’est bon!

• Love 9

Wait, help me out - she went to alcohol rehab and attends AA meetings because she doesn't have a drinking problem and isn't currently facing charges for her behavior while drunk? 

No one who is a celebrity has ever used "But I went to rehab" as an argument to get a lighter sentence?

I am absolutely certain "smoking a blunt" means she's not living sober but hey, she went to rehab because she's NOT an alcoholic and she doesn't have a problem and I'm wrong to say Luann is an alcoholic but I am also wrong to say she doesn't consider herself an alcoholic and is only using the rehab routine as a sympathy plot?

But she's not an alcoholic and shouldn't be called one? But I have to treat her as a victim, and not a dumbass who did something dumb while drunk? Because she has an illness in the form of alcohol addiction but if she doesn't call herself an alcoholic, well, she's not? But we have to treat her as the victim of the disease she says she doesn't have?

A nice glass of Chianti, followed by a big fattie. Chic, c’est la vie, c’est bon, c’est bon!

Now now I assume she'll "write" a new song for the celebration ;)

• Love 10
6 hours ago, snarts said:

Not sure why that means she can't smoke a blunt. 

Because old school recovery = no mind altering substances of any kind (alcohol, pain meds, mj, etc) but in the last decade or so, there are increasingly members of AA (and other recovery groups)  who smoke medical pot (for anxiety, pain, etc) who consider themselves sober, because marijuana is not their drug of addiction. 

Interesting article about using MJ as an "exit drug" here:

"What if rather than being a “gateway” drug—the claim long marshaled by drug prohibitionists—cannabis actually proves to be a safer substitute for problematic use of other substances? And therefore a potential “exit” drug from such use?" (snip) This and other evidence that cannabis can be a substitute for pharmaceutical opiates, alcohol and other drugs—and thereby reduce alcohol-related automobile accidents, violence and property crime, as well as disease transmission associated with injection drug use—could help inform an evidence-based, public health-centered drug policy."

https://www.substance.com/can-we-unlock-marijuanas-potential-as-an-exit-drug/8312/

Since she has a script, Luann could be using cannabis substitution to avoid craving/indulging in the drug (alcohol) that triggered violent behavior in her.  

Edited by film noire
  • Love 15
12 minutes ago, film noire said:

Because old school recovery = no mind altering substances of any kind (alcohol, pain meds, mj, etc) but in the last decade or so, there are increasingly members of AA (and other recovery groups)  who smoke medical pot (for anxiety, pain, etc) who consider themselves sober, because marijuana is not their drug of addiction. 

Interesting article about using MJ as an "exit drug" here:

"What if rather than being a “gateway” drug—the claim long marshaled by drug prohibitionists—cannabis actually proves to be a safer substitute for problematic use of other substances? And therefore a potential “exit” drug from such use?" (snip) This and other evidence that cannabis can be a substitute for pharmaceutical opiates, alcohol and other drugs—and thereby reduce alcohol-related automobile accidents, violence and property crime, as well as disease transmission associated with injection drug use—could help inform an evidence-based, public health-centered drug policy."

https://www.substance.com/can-we-unlock-marijuanas-potential-as-an-exit-drug/8312/

Since she has a scrip, Luann could be using cannabis substitution to avoid craving/indulging in the drug (alcohol) that triggered violent behavior in her.  

Chic C'est Le Oui-d (weed)?

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 11

WWHL Aftershow

Luann said she spent the night in jail because she couldn't remember anyone's phone number.

In the police cam video, Luann kept talking to "Julie". I think you could hear Julie was going down to the station. So why wouldn't Julie "bail" her out?

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 10

^When did Luann ask to be treated like a victim?

When she made the point that she was way upset about her marriage and THATS why she was crazy drunk. 

And when she let us all know that she learned in alcohol rehab (which she went to despite how we are not to even suggest she has an alcohol problem) that she was drinking because of her PTSD.

That she got crazy drunk and arrested was all due to these things and not because she just made poor choices. This incident happened because bad things happened to Luann. 

I know someone will point out her tweet where she apologized right after the incident. I'm just pointing out that narrative has changed to how Luann has a drinking problem that she is now dealing with (except that she shouldn't be called an alcoholic until she decides she is and she hasn't) and she had all this stress from her terrible marriage and divorce and she also suffers from PTSD from a car accident that occurred years ago. Are these things just being said for no reason, or are they being presented as reasons and excuses for her behavior, that she has been the victim of bad things and thats why she did a bad thing?

I get it. I understand it, and if I was in her position, I'd probably try it myself because no one wants to go to jail. I just see it as Luann presenting excuses for her behavior that are designed to encourage sympathy.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

film noire:

The first recipe in her cook book

Eggs a la Cannabais

QKra.gif

LOL  (such a perfect gif, KFB -- Luann looks dazed and confused; )

Way to lighten a thread up KFB!!

I see what you just did, @Mindthinkr ;)

What's on the flip side -- Money Can Buy Me Grass?

{golf clap} Well played, madam!

Edited by film noire
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, film noire said:

Since she has a scrip, Luann could be using cannabis substitution to avoid craving/indulging in the drug (alcohol) that triggered violent behavior in her.  

I'm in the mental health and substance use disorder field. Total abstinence is an outdated model and it can be really detrimental to recovery because the types of drugs that are most stigmatized are mental health medications. However, my biggest issue with Luann smoking pot is that the New York law and regulations do not allow her to just randomly toke up from an acquaintance's joint. If she has anxiety and PTSD, she should be using her prescribed medical marijuana and not some sticky icky a stranger passes to her. No one would be giving her a pass if she had ADHD and was seen doing meth.

• Love 17

Since she has a script, Luann could be using cannabis substitution to avoid craving/indulging in the drug (alcohol) that triggered violent behavior in her. 

Except that she's choosing to use cannabis in a way that is illegal in NYS even if she has a prescription for it. 

I'm in the mental health and substance use disorder field. Total abstinence is an outdated model and it can be really detrimental to recovery because the types of drugs that are most stigmatized are mental health medications. However, my biggest issue with Luann smoking pot is that the New York law and regulations do not allow her to just randomly toke up from an acquaintance's joint. If she has anxiety and PTSD, she should be using her prescribed medical marijuana and not some sticky icky a stranger passes to her. No one would be giving her a pass if she had ADHD and was seen doing meth.

This. She's a grown up with a medical condition to where she has a prescription for a controlled substance. She's supposed follow the rules. Casually taking a hit off someone's blunt that's being used for recreational purposes is illegal even if she has a prescription. It's people like Luann who make it hard for people who really need the medicine to get it. 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Yet.

And Marijuana has nothing in common  with methamphetamine.

Yes, she was a moron to use pot and break the law but let’s not over criminalize Luann. Also,  she identified herself as a mental patient and I believe her.

It took courage.

9 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Except that she's choosing to use cannabis in a way that is illegal in NYS even if she has a prescription for it. 

This. She's a grown up with a medical condition to where she has a prescription for a controlled substance. She's supposed follow the rules. Casually taking a hit off someone's blunt that's being used for recreational purposes is illegal even if she has a prescription. It's people like Luann who make it hard for people who really need the medicine to get it. 

Who do you think is going to prosecute Luann for smoking pot?

It is no longer commonly prosecuted in New York State.

The jury in Florida will decide of her fate.

• Love 3