Type keyword(s) to search

Mykelti

ginger90
  • Start Topic

On 6/17/2024 at 10:33 PM, Elodia said:
On 6/17/2024 at 1:47 PM, Denize said:

Or moving for a real job to sponge off family members?

That was a rhetorical question, right? 😉

There! FTFY!

20 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Trying for a different kind of Sister Wives show with Maddie, perhaps.

Hush up your mouth right this minute! Don't breathe that hideous idea out into the universe, you know The Lying Channel may be listening...

• LOL 11

20 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Trying for a different kind of Sister Wives show with Maddie, perhaps.

But they're cousins (identical cousins - you're welcome for the earworm if you know it)

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, ReclinerTurnip said:

But they're cousins (identical cousins - you're welcome for the earworm if you know it)

😁🎶

Actually they are half sisters.

• Like 4

D-uh! OMG - you are right -- my brain was thinking that they had different moms and so must be cousins (not trying to invalidate other step and half family associations either).  I have watched too much of The Learning Channel and now I am dumb. Hee hee.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

😁🎶

Actually they are half sisters.

They are half sisters, but aren't Kody & Christine 4th cousins, making Maddie & Mykelti 4th cousins once removed as well?

Edited by Denize
  • Mind Blown 3
7 hours ago, ReclinerTurnip said:

D-uh! OMG - you are right -- my brain was thinking that they had different moms and so must be cousins (not trying to invalidate other step and half family associations either).  I have watched too much of The Learning Channel and now I am dumb. Hee hee.

Very clever screenname!

• LOL 1
12 hours ago, Denize said:

They are half sisters, but aren't Kody & Christine 4th cousins, making Maddie & Mykelti 4th cousins once removed as well?

Another example of the confusing,  twisted, tangled wreath that is a Polygamist family tree.

• Like 4

Recently saw how blonde Mykelti is and her hair looks amazing. She looks decades younger than what black box dye made her look (also appears much thinner).

She looks like a different person. 

image.jpeg.22b1d98efaa41a2d58d6f97624790bd5.jpeg

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Orcinus orca said:

I was always a mystery to me that any of the girls dyed their blond hair.  Women pay oodles of money to GO blond!

As I recall, someone here years ago when they started dying their hair, said that they thought it was an attempt to stand out and be different from the sea of blondes in the family. Could be a valid reason, they wanted to be "noticed". Or just plain ole teenage rebellion... 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

My daughter had blue hair, briefly, in the grunge era.  She was blonde, then her hair turned brown, just like mine did.  

Mykelti looks great, but she still annoys me.  Have they moved to NC yet?

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, precious pupp said:

Have they moved to NC yet?

She was at a Fourth of July parade in Utah, so I’m guessing no. The house is on the market.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, precious pupp said:

Mykelti looks great, but she still annoys me.

"Pretty is as pretty does", per my grandmother. 

• Like 6
  • Wink 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

Christine and David are driving a U-Haul for Mykelti. David is going to return home, and Christine is staying for a few days to help. Their house is still on the market.

• Like 6
On 7/6/2024 at 5:44 PM, Gramto6 said:

As I recall, someone here years ago when they started dying their hair, said that they thought it was an attempt to stand out and be different from the sea of blondes in the family. Could be a valid reason, they wanted to be "noticed". Or just plain ole teenage rebellion... 

Mykelti always rebelled against the rules as a teen. She got chastised a lot for wearing tops that were too revealing according to the Brown fashion police. (I never noticed anything extreme about that btw) I suppose dying your hair black was another way to rebel and discover who you truly are.

• Like 4

Janelle and Maddie made the trip to Charlotte earlier this week to take Mykelti’s kids for the day while they were unpacking.

• Like 6
4 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Why are they moving there?  How far are they going to be from Maddy.

Is Tony working?

Who's bringing home the bacon?

They already moved and there’s now a pending offer on their house.

Not knowing Mykelti’s location exactly (Charlotte) about 4 hours from Maddie (Greenville).

Tony’s working with an apparently well known chess place there.

Mykelti was working with a place in Utah that she will now be able to work remotely for.

• Like 2
  • Useful 5

Does anyone even know how they earn a living? The last thing I heard was Mykelti dabbling in MLMs (specifically LulaNO) and Tony doing something in video games. How they manage to make enough from that is beyond me.

On a different note; am I the only one who keeps misreading Mykelti's handle as Mykel-tip? It's so annoying!

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

On a different note; am I the only one who keeps misreading Mykelti's handle as Mykel-tip?

Nope, not the only one. I have always read it that way.

• Like 7
6 hours ago, LilyD said:

On a different note; am I the only one who keeps misreading Mykelti's handle as Mykel-tip? It's so annoying!

59 minutes ago, precious pupp said:

I've read Tony's handle as chestnut, when I believe it's chessnut.

Yeah, me too on that one also!!

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
13 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I wonder if Mykelti's kids know the Tony Chestnut song.

s

I have never heard of it...my kids must be too old. Did a search and it is kind of cute. I could do without all the other names, but the Tony part is cute.

• Useful 1
17 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Yeah, me too on that one also!!

I just looked it up.  It is chestnut.  I'm not sure if there are regional spellings, however.

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I just looked it up.  It is chestnut.  I'm not sure if there are regional spellings, however.

Hmmm, I just googled his name Tony Padron and first hit is "Anthony Padron (@tonychessnut ) - Instagram." It refers to his chess playing skills...

And in the same article I see why we all see Mykeltip when her name is written. Her Instagram is @Mykeltip  I assume as in Mykelti Padron. 

I'll still always see Mykeltip when her name comes up....

• Like 6
On 1/6/2024 at 2:47 PM, xwordfanatik said:

I read somewhere that Mykelti and Tony don't believe in vaccines.  Yet another thing in common with Kootie and Crybrows.

I believe it was Paedon that said online that when the OG 13 were kids, they weren't vaccinated.  He indicated that his first vaccines were when he joined the military.

How did they get enrolled into public schools without having the usual list of childhood vaccinations?

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, Not Buyin It said:

How did they get enrolled into public schools without having the usual list of childhood vaccinations?

Most states have an exemption policy such as a religious exception.

• Like 4
  • Useful 4
2 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I thought Tony was a banker?

Years ago he worked in a banking office as a loan officer or some such.  Then he was doing some sort of online gaming for a living - who knew that would bring in money.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
On 8/5/2024 at 1:10 AM, Not Buyin It said:

Were the reasons for skipping vaccinations purely religious, or did it have anything to do with a fear of being outed as polygamous? Many polygamous families apparently avoid mainstream healthcare because of this. Iirc, Janelle and Christine also mentioned it as the main reason for preferred home births. 

The kids were in some sort of AUB school in Lehi. They didn’t seem overly religious anymore in Vegas and because they were out in the open as polygamists, they could have just gotten the vaccinations if required.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

NC stresses that the only exception to mandatory immunization for school entry is religious and that is not the same as personal reasons.  

Unfortunately it is easy to claim religious reasons since there is no real definition of an established church.  Anyone can come up with some bible verse and use it as justification for their made up religion.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I wonder what jerk thing Robyn did.  She was probably demanded Kody console as she pretend had hysterics.  

Who knows? I'm guessing Mykelti isn't talking about it because it is going to be a story line for the show and she can't talk about it!

Edited by Gramto6
  • Like 5
  • Angry 1
(edited)

Mykelti needs to shut her mouth.

"There are things that happened during the recent funeral that are the reason for that," she continued. "We won't be talking about those events."

And yet she talked about it.

A while ago she said she wasn’t going to speak about anything related to Garrison. She also said they weren’t close.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 4
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Angry 1
  • Useful 4
(edited)

My understanding  is that MyKelti was asked why she hadn’t known Robyn’s home was  for sale since they were so close.  The comment she made is what you quoted.  So she didn’t deflect the question.  I guess that’s honest of her. 

I hope we do not see these ‘events’ on the show.   The funeral was private and I hope it stays that way.  Appropriate footage of the National Guard Memorial would  be acceptable  to me.  IF it was approved by Janelle along with any PSA she would want. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

My understanding  is that MyKelti was asked why she hadn’t Robyn’s home was  for sale since they were so close.  The comment she made is what you quoted.  So she didn’t deflect the question.  I guess that’s honest of her. 

Admittedly I am not a Mykelti “fan”. 

It shouldn’t matter what someone asked her, there are multiple ways she could have answered. There was no need to mention the funeral at all, imo. It has made her a hypocrite.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

"There are things that happened during the recent funeral that are the reason for that," she continued. "We won't be talking about those events."

There are a myriad things that can fit into that absurd clickbait statement that mean absolutely nothing. It could be anything from snubbing Janelle to using too may Kleenex.

Mykelti is just fishing for an audience.

• Like 10