Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

The poster (is this what we still call it in the digital age?) for season 9:

https://twitter.com/ETRandall/status/491368649840947201/photo/1

I think all three girls look great, and love the combo especially because they are some of my favorite vets.  Since Veronica and Brittany got looked over for group leaders or seconds, it's nice to see they still get to be two of the main faces of the show.  

I'm far more excited about MTT than actual football season.  

As far as the DMD auditions, I think Vivian is 100 times better dancer and performer than Emily or Kathryn Dunn.  So, even while I'm pretty over the Vivian thing as far as the show goes, I'd like to see her have the dance team experience she has worked so hard for and clearly wants so badly.  I feel much more whatever about Emily or Kathryn making the team.  Sweet and cute girls but I did not enjoy watching either of them as dancers.  I have no attachment to Megan P since I haven't "met" her on the show yet, but if she uprooted her life to give this a go, it would be nice for her to make the DMD, which I think is a great group of performers. I like their perseverance.

For the people who are over Vivian, y'all realize the show hasn't started and she will be a big part of it. She has a built in storyline, no story editors needed. Remember she was called last during semi-finals and finals (and I firmly believe she won the vote despite Loren somehow getting the title). While the show doesn't have a say in who makes the cut, I'm 100% sure K&J were advised to call Vivian last if she made finals or training camp. The returning TCCs tend to get significant coverage their second go around. I highly doubt it will be the Morgan show part II, but nonetheless, Vivian will be for sure a featured part of MTT9 especially because she was one of the, if not the last, cut.

The only Mallory I remember is Mallory Messer who was also on the dance team with Ashley P, Caila and Breelan (3 of the new DCC rookies) I think they were on the TSD team. This particular Mallory only made it to TC once (this year) but she was cut.

What is the app called for the cell phones? I have a droid.

I don't know if there's an app, I just keep it open in my browser

(edited)

... The returning TCCs tend to get significant coverage their second go around. ...

That is not always the case. Rachel was barely covered last season, and after going out with an injury, she had a great story to follow. It just goes to show that if someone new comes along with what they think will be a bigger draw to the audience, they are going to follow that (even to the point of driving the audience crazy, as is proven on these boards). Personally, I'd be happy if I didn't hear Vivian's name again. She didn't make the squad the first time, and she was no different than anyone else going in the second time...I want to see new faces this time. If she had made it...great for her. I'm sorry that she didn't as I truly have nothing against her. But I'd like to see the other talent that showed up for this years team. Show me a brief clip of how she's improved or hasn't...and that is more than enough for me. I'd like the opportunity to see ALL the rookies/TCCs on the team. I miss those days.

Edited by sugarplum
  • Love 1

For the people who are over Vivian, y'all realize the show hasn't started and she will be a big part of it.

I assume this was directed at me. Yes, I am aware she will be part of it. And I am thankful for the power of the fast forward button. And have been thankful for it for 4 or 5 seasons now. I don't object to Vivian being on the show. But I'm not looking forward to all the conversation about her here. I'm hoping there will be someone on the show more interesting for people to discuss.

(edited)

Not good to assume. I saw multiple "I'm over Vivian" posts and I responded to the board not a person in specific.

Anyhow, the cowboys are headed to training camp in Oxnard. I believe Show Group will join them on Saturday and perform. We will get a definitive answer on the point of the triangle. Lots of fun stuff to look forward to while waiting for MTT9.

EDIT: Correction. Show Group is leaving today as well. :)

Edited by pink317

I SO WANTED to go to Oxnard today to see the girls and the team but alas, I had to work to get ready for Comic Con. I hope I don't have to go next year so I finally get to see the girls. So disappointed.

Thanks for posting the photos!!!!

• Love 1

Thanks for posting the Oxnard pics, y'all.  It looks like Jessica Marie might be on Show Group this year--I think I spied her profile in the pics in the link just above.  Good for her!  I think she is charming and a great dancer.  I could see Kelsey, Kinzie, Jennifer A, Emma, Holly, Jenna, Jennifer K, Ashley N, and I think that's Samantha next to Jennifer A.  I know that's not the whole group, so I wonder who else made it.  Hope they show it on season 9!

As for Vivian, I know we'll see some of her story line, but I just hope it doesn't eclipse our chance to get to know some of the other girls.  I hope that the first episodes address the girls who don't make it back, both the vets and former TCCs like Tessa.  (My guess with Tessa is that her kicks still were too low.  She had two major leg injuries to contend with.  Otherwise she seemed like the "whole package").

Found a picture of group 3 on Ashley M's Twitter page (G3 is the pic in the bottom left--the girls holding up three fingers on the top are the 3rd year vets):

https://twitter.com/DCC_Ashley/status/489980885597298688/photo/1

(edited)

I'm not good with posting pics/videos but there are lots floating around twitter and IG.

Saw Jinelle (so happy she made it), Sydney, Jacie, and Holly. Does anyone know if Angela and Nicole opt-out of trying out for SG due to other responsiblities (work, etc)? As group leaders, I would imagine they are pretty much guaranteed spots on the show group.... which be in line with the sorority-like way DCC is run. (upperclassmen get everything).

Hope Brittney is on SG and just had to sit this one out for back problems or something. She is awesome on show group. Her faces during Thunderstuck are the best!

Not a spoiler, but Judy is going to be a grandma again. Taylor and his lady (wife?) are expecting.

Edited by pink317

It looks like only 12 DCC went to Oxnard, so that leaves at least 4 members of SG who didn't go.  I'm not yet convinced Brittany isn't on it.  I don't see Jacie in the picture, and no way she didn't make it.  I wish we could see more of her dancing on the show, as she seems to captivate everyone with her performing.  Hopefully, we get more of her now that she's a 2nd leader.  I would imagine that Angela would rather have time to be a newly wed than spend the extra time on SG.  I would love to see Veronica, Jessica A, or Ashley M make SG.  Wonder which rookies made it? 

I was nosing around on Twitter, and see that Ashley Michelle appears to be besties with Kathryn Dunn.  Honestly, this makes her less interesting in me eyes. But I would like to see how she's improved his season, because she must have worked incredibly hard.  She had no real dance experience before TC last year.  That's a very steep learning curve, so good for her.

I was nosing around on Twitter, and see that Ashley Michelle appears to be besties with Kathryn Dunn.  Honestly, this makes her less interesting in me eyes. But I would like to see how she's improved his season, because she must have worked incredibly hard.  She had no real dance experience before TC last year.  That's a very steep learning curve, so good for her.

I think Kathryn, Ashley Michelle, and Emily all went to the same college together.

Show Group performance.

The camera never pans over the full group (especially when the triangle is formed) so can't really tell who is there.

More vids to come!

Show Group performance.

The camera never pans over the full group (especially when the triangle is formed) so can't really tell who is there.

More vids to come!

New poster here, been reading for awhile but have never joined or posted til now.

That was the sloppiest performance I have ever seen from the DCC! Usually they say Sydney is off but in this video none of them are together. Arms are sloppy and all over the place. If I was Judy and that was my choreo I would be so embarrassed and wouldn't want that video shown!!!

• Love 1

It looks like Jacie by looking at the leg that appears to be the point but then I could be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time!

Yeah , but why wtf that seems bizarre to me  !!!!!

(edited)

So Nicole and Angela for sure tried out for Show Group and were not picked? If they are good enough to be leaders, why are they not good enough for show group?!?! Does anyone know?

Edited by pink317

To be honest about it, I seen the routines the Show Group do, and I have not been too impressed. Same ole, same ole routines, just different girls in different spots. Imo, I would think being a group leader would be a bigger honor since the girls vote for who will be leaders.

I thought they picked show group based on dancing and other talent someone may have. Maybe Nicole and Angela are not the best technical dancers or maybe they didn't try out. We won't know for sure until the show addresses it. Whoever taped that performance was obviously not paying attention to what they were doing LOL. 

It does seem like Jacie is the one who is on point in this performance. If she's point, I won't mind because she's my favorite cheerleader. I think we'll have to wait till the season starts to know for sure though.

I'm anxious to see all of the drama. Between cutting the vets at finals, something with hannah, and then the kaitlyn drama this season is bound to be interesting. I'm curious how vivian will be portrayed this time around!! Had anyone heard/read anymore on DMD auditions?

(edited)

I follow DMD on twitter. They've posted quite a few pics and vine videos.

Their training camp ends tomorrow. The girls get their 'fate' envelopes but, out of respect for those who will learn they were not chosen, are instructed to not open until they've left the building. K&J have passed over so many quality girls...many of which were non-white/blonde.. while taking on girls who clearly did not want or deserve to be there (my personal opinion, I know others may not feel the same). I'm rooting for three former DCC finalists/TCCs to make DMD.

Edited by pink317

I don't think it's for sure that Nicole and Angela auditioned for show group. Maybe they did and maybe they didn't, but the automatic assumption that they've been slighted is strange to me. The same goes for the girls who some feel should be leaders. Maybe they didn't want it or there are other reasons. I'm content to just watch it play out on television. Ready for the new season to start already!

• Love 1

I hope they update the show group picture on the DCC website the one they have is from 3 years ago. I wonder when the new girls are going to get there DCC twitter accounts last year they got them the day after the team was announced.

I can't help but be curious about the behind the scenes drama and happenings, but I agree with the post above that we can't really know what happens or why, only what Kelli & Judy allow us to see on the show. I do think that, while group leaders have to be strong performers (since part of their job is to help train younger DCCs to be better performers and dancers), there can be other qualities required of a leader than just being the best dancer on the squad. So, I can see some girls being well suited to one over the other, or preferring to devote time to one over the other, and I'm sure that there are more good candidates for group leader and SG than positions available, and someone deserving probably always gets overlooked.  Must be an unfortunate reality of being on a team of gorgeous overachievers.  I'm sure feelings get hurt all the time, but a lot of these girls are very admirable team players, and probably are able to keep it in perspective, even when they're disappointed.  I'd like to think the girls who do get honored with SG, or Pro Bowl, leader, cover photos, special appearances, etc., also keep some perspective, knowing that many of their teammates are just as deserving and capable.  

• Love 1
(edited)

Miranda (DCRB) didn't make it either. I know she is pushing 40 but is still an amazing dancer and has a great body.

I think Vivian  has a horrific personality, or salacious pics/vids floating around...or a vindictive ex-boyfriend (think Carla from MTT7). Something fishy is going on with her, I'm sure of it.

Happy for DeJanae (2x dcc finalist)!

Not to double post but it looks like Emma was only point girl for the Mexico performance (of course I can't ifind the video now).

Holly is point here (have to scroll quite a bit to see the DCC pics): http://marcuskaiser.smugmug.com/Events/USO-DFW-Patriots-Salute/

And in this video from June:

Edited by pink317

Miranda (DCRB) didn't make it either. I know she is pushing 40 but is still an amazing dancer and has a great body.

I think Vivian has a horrific personality, or salacious pics/vids floating around...or a vindictive ex-boyfriend (think Carla from MTT7). Something fishy is going on with her, I'm sure of it.

Happy for DeJanae (2x dcc finalist)!

Not to double post but it looks like Emma was only point girl for the Mexico performance (of course I can't ifind the video now).

Holly is point here (have to scroll quite a bit to see the DCC pics): http://marcuskaiser.smugmug.com/Events/USO-DFW-Patriots-Salute/

And in this video from June:

Omg I totally agree with you about the Vivian thing like there's no way she's not making these teams she's a great dancers

(edited)

So Emily roslyn made dallas mavs but Vivian didn't :( so sad maybe she should try houston texans dancers next year

There's always the DS ice girls or she can go back to the AA ice angels. Don't forget the Texas Legends dancers or as a last resort, the Texas star dancers.  I wonder if Emily got better or may be got on the team because of Kathryn? By the way did Kathryn make it back? 

Edited by MrsEVH
(edited)

Yes, Kathryn made it back. The one dCc TCC who was cut and was a dMD for a few yrs must have retired...she was the young from another country? Can't remember her name

Do you mean Paula? She was from Colombia and a Mavs dancer for 4 years. I thought for sure she would go for her 5th year like Lauren did.

I see Jamie and Kelli from the Texas legends dancers made it.

I didn't see Kelly (former DCC tcc) from 2013-14 squad. She must have not re-auditioned this year.

All quiet on Vivian's facebook and  (2) twitter pages. She admitted on her facebook page awhile ago she got really depressed last year after getting cut from the DCC.

Edited by MrsEVH

I remember last summer there were performances with Mia as point, Lauren as point, and Jackie as point and then for the season Mia was always point. Maybe they kind of audition the girls to see who would make the best point. So far I guess it's between Emma, Jacie, and Holly. 

Maybe Vivian doesn't get picked because she's already so popular and might come off as entitled? Like "you have to pick me because I've got all these fans." Remember she didn't want to delete her facebook for DCC TCC when I'm sure the other girls obliged. If I was Kelli or Judy, I'd have to ask her who does she think she is? While all the members of the team have their own fans and stand out in their own way, at the end of the day, they do all blend in and no has their own fan page and only use what's approved by the people in charge. Obviously this is just an opinion and I'm just on the outside looking in. She's beautiful and a much better dancer than some girls I've seen, so it has to be something. In my opinion, she should take 2 years off from auditioning for any team, get rid of her fan page and other public social media accounts, go under the radar, practice dancing like crazy, and then when she chooses to audition again, don't announce it until maybe you make a team. How many girls have we realized auditioned many times before finally making the team after they make it because they aren't so publicized? This is probably mean, but I hope I don't see her trying out again next year.

(edited)

The audition train keeps rolling. The DS ice girls (7/26),Texas Legends dancers (8/3), Texas star dancers (8/16), and the AA ice angels (8/24). The girls who  didn't make the DCCs or DMDs can keep on trying. IMO Vivian might have a shot at the DS ice girls because she was an ice angel and can skate.

Edited by MrsEVH
(edited)

EDITED:

The new DMDs ( Kelli, Jamie, Hunter, Elise, Hayley, Dejanae, Jovan and Emily V) all  have their new twitters up . The twitters for girls that retired or didn't make it back are closed.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1

The new DMDs ( Kelli, Jamie, Hunter, Elise, Hayley, Dejanae, and Jovan) all  have their new twitters up . The twitters for girls that retired or didn't make it back are closed.

Can you post jamie's account i can't find them ?