Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

(edited)

It seems early; don't they usually announce it in August?

I agree....Isn't it sometimes not announced until the new season has already started on CMT?  Maybe they wanted to avoid that this year.

Edited by lscobee

Also Kelli just posted this photo looks like Nicole is this years point girlhttps://mobile.twitter.com/Kelli_Finglass/media/grid?idx=0&tid=490227756068642816

I don't think Nicole being centered in the picture automatically means she will be point girl. I love her, but she's not the most powerful dancer on the squad and I don't see them putting her at the point. Of course I could be wrong, but I'm still betting on Emma or possibly Holly. Crystal Trevino, for instance, was not centered in the squad photo when she was point girl.

• Love 1
(edited)

I hope they do not feature Melissa R. too much. What does she really have to offer the girls. She was not one of the best on the team, and she is a C celebrity because she won Dancing With the Stars and was dumped on The Bachelor. Why not bring back the vet who won The Amazing Race with her brother to be a judge. *rolling eyes*

Edited by bigskygirl

Sooo...out of ten rookies:

6 only listed high school as dance experience (maybe 5)

1 cheered (not danced) in college

1 danced/cheered in college (maybe 2)

Two from other pro teams (Mavs and Bucs)

*there are two Erica's...not sure which one made it. One had HS dance listed, the other LSU

6 or 7 states represented (Arkansas, Texas, Florida, Erica 1 Kansas, Erica 2 and Victoria Louisiana, Oklahoma, Nevada.)

Age range from 18 to 27.

All Caucasian?

Not always. Crystal Trevino isn't in the center of the 2010 squad photo but she was point girl. I doubt Nicole will be point girl but we will see.

i think she's probably be a the 2nd 50 yard line girl line , behind the point which is good position also needs high which she got (lauren,merdith,kelsi R)but i love her i hope the best of her , also she's very photogenic

some behind the scenes for you

https://twitter.com/DCC_Nicole/status/490330851809312768

https://twitter.com/DCC_Jessica/status/490224299790180353

https://twitter.com/DCC_Kelsey/status/490292804690509824

heres rookies

http://instagram.com/p/qneF2KSroh/

http://instagram.com/p/qnDD4HkcrH/

also i think the might have taken a show group  photo

http://instagram.com/p/qnGFlqIbRo/

Yes Nicole appears clearly to us in the middle but all those people will slide in front of her.  Nicole Hamilton was never in the center yet was a point person.  I think we will have to wait to see who really is the point girl.  Speaking about this season, that "preview" last night was hardly anything to tantalize me since it was just like ever other opening.  We needed to see something different!

• Love 1
(edited)

Now that the squad has been announced, what's the breakdown of vets and rookies:

How many 5 yr, 4 yr, 3 yr, and 2 yr vets,?

Are there more 2 yr or 3 yr vets?

We know there's 10 rookies

Edited by MrsEVH

Now that the squad has been announced, what's the breakdown of vets and rookies:

How many 5 yr, 4 yr, 3 yr, and 2 yr vets,?

Are there more 2 yr or 3 yr vets?

We know there's 10 rookies

one 7 year

one 5 year

six 4 year

ten 3rd year (wow that means 9 of 2012 rookies are gone)

eight 2nd year

10 rookies

7 year vet Sydney

5 year vet Nicole

4 year vets Angela, Brittney, Emma, Holly, Katy, Veronica

3 year vets Ashley M, Danielle, Jacie, Jenna, Jasmine, Jennifer A, Jessica M, Jordan, Kelsey, Kinzie

2 year vets Abby, Ashley N, Jennifer K, Jessica A, Jinelle, Paige, Rachel, Samantha

6 four year vets, 10 3 year vets, 8 2 year vets  Going to be hard to replace Mia, Jackie, Lauren, Mackenzie, Carissa, and Olivia

Vivian and Emily Roslyn are at dallas mavs auditions. No sign of Tessa there. Also looks like that girl who used to dance on bring it on broadway who tried out for DCC this year and last year is there.

It is crazy how far the "standards" has came since the show started. Like a few folks posted previously...what kind of body are they really looking for. I share a same body type like Kali Nicole (who I loved; reminded me of Jessica Simpson) big boobs, flat bottom, and short. I was sad to see her cut last year after finals. I look at the years that Judy and Kelli were DCC and the shorts were longer and nutrition has improved since the 80s. However even in the 90s the girls were more "healthy" looking than the girls now. It seems 1000 times harder to be on the team today. Heck the jump split wasn't introduced until 1996. However I look at some of the girls from the early 2000s and when the show first started like: Megan Fox, Brooke Soreson (sp), Nicole Hamilton, Kandi, Ryan Ray (cut in Season1 for weight gain) Tia Williams, Trisha Trevino, Ally Traylor and a few other could have they made it today. I love they're bodies (to me they either had muscle shape, very slim curvy, curvy bottoms, softer looking bodies). I always see Jasmine on a diet on her IG. I'm starting to get confused about what K&J want. The only time I ever heard them say someone needed to gain weight was Jinelle (Charlotte & Kelli) in her rookie season. I have respect for these ladies...idk if I could work 2&3 jobs, mircomanage every calorie, look camera ready 24/7. But you know what you're signing up for. Sorry for the novel lol. What do y'all think?

Excuse the grammar folks!!!! :)

After seeing how some of the girls have been treated because of so called weight issues, I have at times, dislike Judy, Kelli and Charlotte.  There has been girls cut for alleged body issues, but they look good. I also dislike the fact the girls' weight are posted in the locker room like it was shameful to gain an ounce while being on the team. I say put Judy, Kelli, and Charlotte on the scale and announce their weight to the world. Lets see how much they would like that.

Vivian and Emily Roslyn are at dallas mavs auditions. No sign of Tessa there. Also looks like that girl who used to dance on bring it on broadway who / tried out for DCC this year and last year is there.

Vivian is at auditions...great. Is there a picture?

After seeing how some of the girls have been treated because of so called weight issues, I have at times, dislike Judy, Kelli and Charlotte.  There has been girls cut for alleged body issues, but they look good. I also dislike the fact the girls' weight are posted in the locker room like it was shameful to gain an ounce while being on the team. I say put Judy, Kelli, and Charlotte on the scale and announce their weight to the world. Lets see how much they would like that.

OMG!!!. They post their weight in the locker room????!!!??? Insane.

Video of Emily R dancing during down time at DMD auditions.

http://instagram.com/p/qo703Wk6tg/

Omg! They post their weight. Yikes. So you gain a pound I guess you have to take the walk of shame "Tina the talking Tummy" smh. Welp...maybe Vivian should tryout for the Houston Texans those girls are curvier. Btw I think Judy just did not care for her.

(edited)

Vivian is at auditions...great. Is there a picture?

OMG!!!. They post their weight in the locker room????!!!??? Insane.

Video of Emily R dancing during down time at DMD auditions.

http://instagram.com/p/qo703Wk6tg/

Its weird that she was allowed to try out for dcc when she was with the mavs , i thought you have to leave a team to try out with another

also megan p and ( chandler ?) are auditioning for the mavs i hope they make it  http://instagram.com/p/qo-nvNNS09/

Edited by mmm

That looks like Miranda (from R&B Dancers) right behind her.

That is Miranda!!! Good catch.

Its weird that she was allowed to try out for dcc when she was with the mavs , i thought you have to leave a team to try out with another

also megan p and ( chandler ?) are auditioning for the mavs i hope they make it  http://instagram.com/p/qo-nvNNS09/

Who are you talking about in this quote???

Looks like Emily R made round 2 of the DMD auditions. I hope Megan and Vivian did too.

https://vine.co/v/MQ3mmV2q135

(edited)

Just saw on twitter that next week is the Dallas Stars ice girls auditions. Maybe if Vivian doesn't make the Mavs she could try out for them. She does have the skating experience.

Looks like Amy and Rose from the AA ice angels are auditioning for the Mavs too:

.https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/p370x247/1919646_10202353050098253_7992860470444988239_n.jpg

I don't have an Instagram account. How do I get (make) one? Can I just follow people or do I have to post pictures?

Edited by MrsEVH
(edited)

I so agree about this weight thing BUT...they now have that HD screen so none of those girls probably would have made it now.

Andrea Rogers, who is gorgeous, had big legs. She was a 2 or 3 year vet. Kandi Harris had the same body as Vivian but she was such a strong dancer, they wouldn't cut her. Brooke Sorenson had 30 pounds to lose when she entered raining camp (they said this on the air), but they let on the squad and gave her the time to lose the weight. They can't do it anymore.

Elizabeth Reuter and Grace Lee Sells both could have made the team back in the day. Both were told to lose weight as they had everything else going for them. Both re-auditioned but didn't make the squad because neither took the weight off like they were asked to. That HD screen is a killer.

I went to a game at the new stadium and Megan Fox was introducing something on the big screen. The girl looked rough. Now it's young, skinny and beautiful. That's who will make the team now.

Edited by caligirl50
(edited)

The girls that made it to DMD finals tomorrow. A few cut DCC TCC or cut from DCC finals in past years. Vivian, Megan P, Emily R, Miranda and the tall red haired girl I think her name is Jamie. 

https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/490601250711289856/photo/1

Yes that is Jamie.

Vivian has a big long post on her Facebook page confirming she was cut. from DCC  TC.

We need a thread just for other teams auditions to keep up with whose who.

Edited by MrsEVH

They'll probably post a picture on twitter when the training camp finalists are selected. The Mavs training camp only lasts a few days . What I remember from last year was they chose the finalists on Sunday and named the squad on Thursday.

(edited)

Do all TCCs make the DMD?

No. They only take anywhere from 20-23 girls.

For example: Last year there were 35 TC finalists (in picture) but only 22 made the squad (in squad photo). They probably take extra girls ( like the DCC do) so they can make cuts.

I would really like to see Jamie make it. That poor girl auditions so much and only seems to make the second rate (IMO ) teams.

Edited by MrsEVH
(edited)

I agree that the body standards for the DCC are higher than ever, with the show being in its 9th year and that unfathomably huge HD screen.  If for nothing more than drama and product placement, I bet we get to see this diet Kelli puts at least some of the girls on.  Someone mentioned Jasmine losing weight, and I have to say, she really has transformed her body since she first came to TC.  She used to be very slim and in good shape, but Jasmine is truly a hard body now--her abs and legs are totally amazing.  And I guess that is the point, and what Kelli and Judy want in the DCCs: a level of wow that most human beings will never even contemplate obtaining.  Sometimes I think the wow K & J are looking for gets a bit too skinny, but for the most part, I think the girls are in incredible shape.  Seems like just being in "great" shape doesn't count any more.  It's like some result of our HD and hyper-photoshopped culture, that real women are expected to look like magazine cover models, while sweating on a football field, without the benefits of photoshop.  I don't know about the weight postings and all their rituals (a bit over the top if it's true, I'm thinking), but I am sure these girls feel profound pressure on all fronts, including from the boss ladies and each other, to be as fit as possible.  Have y'all read the horrid comments from some folks about the girls' bodies on their Facebook page?  Unbelievable, but I guess people will always be cruel, and haters gonna hate.

Edited by M1977G
(edited)

Lurker not a poster, but some times I see things posted here and it takes everything in me to NOT post... today I broke my own rule:

2) 2014-15 DMD squad will be announced on 7/24. The girls are given envelopes that contain their fate and are not allowed to open them until they've left the building...out of respect for the fact that not everyone will make the team.

3) 99% sure Emma is point of the tight triangle. There are some coverage videos of the girls in MX for the latest calendar shoot and Emma is the point there. Unless something changed between April and now, not seeing how she would NOT continue to be the point. Also, she was the point in her group (despite other group leaders being in said group) during the Whataburger performance in June. In my experience and knowledge base, the point of the triangle is never not the point. Even as all-star, Mia is still the point of the formation.

EDIT: spelling

Edited by bigskygirl
(edited)

http://instagram.com/p/qr0yNyk6lN/

Kathryn, Emily and Vivian made it to TC.

Just for me personally, I prefer having everything even remotely spoiler related (DCC or any other team) in one thread, so that I don't have to open 10 different tabs when I'm on my phone just to see whats new lol

Edited by Preity
  • Love 1
(edited)

Just for me personally, I prefer having everything even remotely spoiler related (DCC or any other team) in one thread, so that I don't have to open 10 different tabs when I'm on my phone just to see whats new lol

I'm so excited for all of them. I hope all three of them make it. 

Lurker not a poster, but some times I see things posted here and it takes everything in me to NOT post... today I broke my own rule:

2) 2014-15 DMD squad will be announced on 7/24. The girls are given envelopes that contain their fate and are not allowed to open them until they've left the building...out of respect for the fact that not everyone will make the team.

3) 99% sure Emma is point of the tight triangle. There are some coverage videos of the girls in MX for the latest calendar shoot and Emma is the point there. Unless something changed between April and now, not seeing how she would NOT continue to be the point. Also, she was the point in her group (despite other group leaders being in said group) during the Whataburger performance in June. In my experience and knowledge base, the point of the triangle is never not the point. Even as all-star, Mia is still the point of the formation.

EDIT: spelling

I totally agree and could not have said it better

DMD TCCs - Miranda from Dallas Cowboys Rhythm and Blues made it and Jamie who always only made it to finals for DCC but I don't see Megan P from DCC TCC. I counted 37 TCCs. Is that normal for the DMDs?

https://twitter.com/Lajohns2/status/490948146969583616/photo/1

Edited by bigskygirl
(edited)

Jamie made it, she is on the back row.

I also see Kelli, Jamie's teammate (TLDs) in the back row, 1st one on the right. She was a DCC finalist for the last 2 years but never made it to TC.

Did Mallory  (former DCC TCC) audition? I did see a picture of Vivian and 4 of her IA teammates (no Alexandra) but don't think they made it.

I don't the angle the picture was taken at (up high) because it's hard to see their faces. 

Edited by MrsEVH

There's not much to the article. I had to work to get it to come up! A list of names, the pic Jasmine tweeted. A list of all 16 TCCs, which wouldn't post on my phone.

It's the Erika with a K who made it. 22, from Louisiana, LSU dancer. So, six states represented. Still, 5 girls with only high school dance experience versus the dozens who auditioned from other professional teams. Interesting.

There's not much to the article. I had to work to get it to come up! A list of names, the pic Jasmine tweeted. A list of all 16 TCCs, which wouldn't post on my phone.

It's the Erika with a K who made it. 22, from Louisiana, LSU dancer. So, six states represented. Still, 5 girls with only high school dance experience versus the dozens who auditioned from other professional teams. Interesting.

I agree!  It is interesting that high school dance experience made the team.  I am guessing it's because they like the younger girls because they can "mold" them . . . so many words they used when Abigail was on the team . . .

(edited)

I also see Kelli, Jamie's teammate (TLDs) in the back row, 1st one on the right. She was a DCC finalist for the last 2 years but never made it to TC.

Did Mallory  (former DCC TCC) audition? I did see a picture of Vivian and 4 of her IA teammates (no Alexandra) but don't think they made it.

I don't the angle the picture was taken at (up high) because it's hard to see their faces. 

The only Mallory I remember is Mallory Messer who was also on the dance team with Ashley P, Caila and Breelan (3 of the new DCC rookies) I think they were on the TSD team. This particular Mallory only made it to TC once (this year) but she was cut.

What is the app called for the cell phones? I have a droid.

Edited by DCCFAN71