Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

i wonder how DM choreographer feels knowing most of her squad  are dcc rejects

That's funny. I actually wonder how K&J feel about it. Considering the Dallas Mavericks are known to be the best dancers in the NBA. Their dance style is nothing like DCC.

(edited)

That's funny. I actually wonder how K&J feel about it. Considering the Dallas Mavericks are known to be the best dancers in the NBA. Their dance style is nothing like DCC.

Yeah but dancing in the nba is way easier then the nfl , 3 min dance every game compared to 5 min pre game dance with entrance , kick line, jump split , 4 quarter dance and touch down decks the nba is a piece of cake compare to that !

p.s. DM choreographer is a former dcc actually

Edited by mmm
(edited)

i wonder how DM choreographer feels knowing most of her squad  are dcc rejects

Also the directors of any other squads (Ice Girls, Ice Angels, etc.). About half the Ice angels tried out for the DCC but only two made it to TC.

How about the director ( a former DCC) of the Texas Star dancers? She has to know she's getting the girls  who got rejected from all the other teams. Maybe Karissa should try out for the TSD.

Edited by MrsEVH
(edited)

Yeah but dancing in the nba is way easier then the nfl , 3 min dance every game compared to 5 min pre game dance with entrance , kick line, jump split , 4 quarter dance and touch down decks the nba is a piece of cake compare to that !

p.s. DM choreographer is a former dcc actually

I totally agree with your statement. I honestly was not thinking of it as far as length or stamina just talent. Who is the DM choreographer?

Honeslty, I love the choreo for the Mavs. I think it's unique. There season is longer than the NFL.

Edited by DCCFAN71

I totally agree with your statement. I honestly was not thinking of it as far as length or stamina just talent. Who is the DM choreographer?

Honeslty, I love the choreo for the Mavs. I think it's unique. There season is longer than the NFL.

Shella Sattler , i heard a rumor that some of the instructors (what they call group leaders) leave in 2010 because she stole choreography from them and didn't give them credit those instructors include kali nicole  

I thought if a Veteran decided to return (one who was not cut) that they were given the opportunity to skip to finals and not have to start from the beginning. At least that is what Whitney Ott did when she returned.

If a veteran quits and decides to come back, she is considered a rookie again and will have to go through prelims and semi-finals again.. If a veteran comes back for another year, she is considered a veteran and can skip to finals.

Respectfully disagree with this.  Although NFL cheerleaders do more dancing during the game than NBA dancers, which requires more stamina, it is not true that the NBA is an easier job. NBA dancers have four times as many games as NFL cheerleaders, and their auditions are far more rigorous. NBA choreography is much more intricate, complex, and precise, requires advanced dance technique, and represents a wider variety of dance styles. NBA dancers do not have, or rarely use poms, which often camouflage minor differences in precision and placement. Formations vary with each dance, and since only a subset of the squad performs at any given game, each dancer has to be able to fill any spot in the formation. A dancer could perform the same dance ten times, and be in a different spot every time she does it. NBA dancers also have significantly less rehearsal time to learn and perfect each dance and they generally do not do the same dances year after year. Contrast that with the DCC who have very little variety in their formations, perform the same choreography over and over, and have months to learn pregame and sidelines. Being a DCC is not easy, but being an NBA dancer isn't any easier.

I also politely disagree with the comment above that the Mavs dancers are "known to be the best dancers in the league." I suppose it depends on who you're asking, but I bet more people (especially those outside of Dallas) would put the Laker Girls at the top of that list.

• Love 3

DCCFan71 - Whitney Ott went to prelims, semi-finals and finals when she came back. Her comeback story was on the 2 hour special.

Also, the Mavs director is not a former DCC. There was a scandal a while back because people checked and she was never on any squad...unless the director is someone different than the woman you are talking about. Brunette with long hair who is kind of crazy and cries a lot?

That sounds awful but it is what I read!

Also, for those of you who want to see Melissa on DCC, she was in the 2 hour special as well as was shown on MTT 2.

• Love 1
(edited)

DCCFan71 - Whitney Ott went to prelims, semi-finals and finals when she came back. Her comeback story was on the 2 hour special.

Also, the Mavs director is not a former DCC. There was a scandal a while back because people checked and she was never on any squad...unless the director is someone different than the woman you are talking about. Brunette with long hair who is kind of crazy and cries a lot?

Also, for those of you who want to see Melissa on DCC, she was in the 2 hour special as well as was shown on MTT 2.

The CURRENT Mavs director is Mallory Mills,  a former (6 yr) Mavs dancer. I don't know if she's the choreographer too. Shella Sattler, the former director left about 4 years ago.

Vivian is Miss July in the AA Ice Angels calendar.  On their facebook page (from July 4th) it says" Happy 4th of July from former Ice Angel Vivian!  Vivian is currently in training camp for the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders".

Sounds like they already think she's not coming back and will make the DCC.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1

that what it says in her website there also a picture of her in the uniform its not a cameo , so i don't know

i read on myfavecheerleader.com that dcc could remove people from the archives and air brush them from photos if the are angry enough with them , i don't know this is a weired situation  

(edited)

s.that what it says in her website there also a picture of her in the uniform its not a cameo , so i don't know

i read on myfavecheerleader.com that dcc could remove people from the archives and air brush them from photos if the are angry enough with them , i don't know this is a weired situation  

http://www.shellasattler.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/DCC.jpg

I also saw a picture of her in a Mavs uniform on her website. She might have been a DCC for a very short time or possibly quitting (or getting kicked off) at the beginning or half way through the season. The picture looks like it could be from the 80s or 90s.

I know if you look at some of the 70s, 80s, and 90 s squads you will see some have "left squad" instead of a name. In the 2008  squad picture, Jennifer McMahon's name is replaced with "left squad". Maybe they do that with girls who left under bad circumstances..

There are a few women who  "claim" they were DCCs. Here's one I've never heard of:

http://mattsorum.com/las-vegas-sun-darling-stilettos-on-the-road-to-residency/

Other articles say she choreographed the DCC. So which one is it? Probably neither.

Edited by MrsEVH

http://www.shellasattler.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/DCC.jpg

I also saw a picture of her in a Mavs uniform on her website. She might have been a DCC for a very short time or possibly quitting (or getting kicked off) at the beginning or half way through the season. The picture looks like it could be from the 80s or 90s.

I know if you look at some of the 70s, 80s, and 90 s squads you will see some have "left squad" instead of a name. In the 2008  squad picture, Jennifer McMahon's name is replaced with "left squad". Maybe they do that with girls who left under bad circumstances.

wow i never noticed that i wonder if it weren't for social media attention on them now maybe they would have done that for katlin

also the jennifer thing is werid bec she finished a season with them she performed on the Christmas show with them

(edited)

Some of the girls listed as " left squad"  were from the years Judy  (80-84) and Kelli (84-89) were DCCs.  I bet they both know why these girls left.

OT: I noticed the 2005 squad (from 2 hr special) looks larger than the 2006 squad (season 1).

Edited by MrsEVH

I do not think Kali Nicole got one. I think they started doing this last year. I remember Emma, Mia, Ashley Marie?, Mackenzie, Olivia?, Jacie, and one of the rookies from last year getting one.

I do not think Kali Nicole got one. I think they started doing this last year. I remember Emma, Mia, Ashley Marie?, Mackenzie, Olivia?, Jacie, and one of the rookies from last year getting one.

i  think its an older tradition for some reason ! i just assumed because on the show they all loved her slow and her rookie her she posted a pic with the barbie and i know it's hard to find too ! kinzie , carissa , olivia and Hannah

• Love 1

In season 2 they brought out the new DCC Barbie. I know Kelli wrote an article last year about dyeing a Barbie doll's hair red for Emma's solo doll. I think last year or in 2012 was the time they started handing out Barbie for solos because I remembered Brittney S. said she got one for her solo.

(edited)

In season 2 they brought out the new DCC Barbie. I know Kelli wrote an article last year about dyeing a Barbie doll's hair red for Emma's solo doll. I think last year or in 2012 was the time they started handing out Barbie for solos because I remembered Brittney S. said she got one for her solo.

A lot of the girls during the finals posted things about katy's solo i hope she got one !

here is last years barbie earners

http://thedccblog.tumblr.com/image/88878121442

Edited by mmm
  • Love 1
(edited)

If you mean Ashley Michelle who was in training camp last year, she's in the let me take a selfie shirt.

Ashley Marie is in the front row in the leopard print pants fourth from right, I believe.

Eta I keep forgetting how many Ashley's there are, sheesh. The picture is too small on my phone to find Ashley Nicole but I feel like I saw her in it when I viewed this on my computer. Can't be positive though. She posted a pic in uniform five days ago on twitter though.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 1

If you mean Ashley Michelle who was in training camp last year, she's in the let me take a selfie shirt.

Ashley Marie is in the front row in the leopard print pants fourth from right, I believe.

Eta I keep forgetting how many Ashley's there are, sheesh. The picture is too small on my phone to find Ashley Nicole but I feel like I saw her in it when I viewed this on my computer. Can't be positive though. She posted a pic in uniform five days ago on twitter though.

Yes I was talking about Ashley Michelle. There are so many Ashley's it's ridiculous, but I see her now I guess I couldn't recognize her because of the big glasses or is that a hat hmmm

(edited)

It is getting really hard to tell all the ashleys apart.. Can't wait to have the squad announced so I'll at least have a picture for all the new rookies

Edited by Preity

Hey guys!  Can we move any further discussion about Melissa Rycroft to the Past Seasons Contestants thread since she's no longer a member or on the show?  We can discuss things related to her upcoming appearance on season 9 here, but her past history really doesn't need to be in the spoiler thread.  Thanks.

• Love 1

Hey guys! Can we move any further discussion about Melissa Rycroft to the Past Seasons Contestants thread since she's no longer a member or on the show? We can discuss things related to her upcoming appearance on season 9 here, but her past history really doesn't need to be in the spoiler thread. Thanks.

Agreed!

• Love 1

Not "spoilery" but "news" and this was put here because it pertains to the upcoming season even though it mentions Melissa Rycroft

Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team (Facebook)
We have our Season 9 premiere date!!! Set your DVR for Friday, August 8 at 9/8c on CMT.
NEW this season... Reality star and former DCC, Melissa Rycroft, joins as a guest judge and mentor! Plus, cheerleaders everywhere can try out for the chance to appear on the show: http://spiritcelebration.com

Auditions for the Mavs dancers are this Saturday. I wonder if any cut TCCs/ finalists will try out.

Yess omg!! I cannot wait 2 if Emily Roslyn, Tessa, Hannah, or maybe even Alex Hermes audition for the team.

• Love 1
(edited)

On the DCC site, there are photos of the calendar shoot and the auditions. Hannah looks much heavier than last year. Maybe that is why she was let go?

i saw these pics i don't think she looks heavy , also they want a certain look , they asked Kelsey to gain weight and Mia gained so much weight since her rookie but she actually looks better with the weight on.

Also i showed someone who never watched the show before the auditions episode of season 7 , she asked who the judges are i was able to name 5 of the 15 i wish they at least show their names on the bottom , do you guys know how they rest of the judges at preliminaries  are ?

Edited by mmm

Kristi Scales, Jay Johnson, Sandy Newton, Mickey Spagnola and I cannot remember the name of the DCC photographer. That's five. :0] Sort of.

Kristi is a writer , Mickey is a sports reporter , who's sandy ?

the photographer name is bobby ! the hair stylist would make it six !

Kristi is a writer , Mickey is a sports reporter , who's sandy ?

the photographer name is bobby ! the hair stylist would make it six !

Sandie is an entertainment reporter.  Cannot find specific info on her right off but computer may not be cooperating.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/CMT-to-Premiere-New-Season-of-DALLAS-COWBOYS-CHEERLEADERS-MAKING-THE-TEAM-88-20140715#.U8YASu29LCQ

Ok guys so this article that was just posted is causing me 2 believe Hannah was cut due 2 weight issues because it says Kelli took away veterans uniforms because they are looking heavy and also putting them on a 21 day food challenge. I also believe that Hannah might have not wanted to be on some food challenge and may have gotten pissed or pulled a Chelsea and left or was dismissed from the team. Also we definitely will be seeing a lot of Melissa rycroft this season because she will be a mentor 2 the training camp candidates. Last thing it says 36 will be on the final team does anyone know HOW MANY GIRLS are left in training camp???

• Love 1

i think this quote was just a way to push fit foods which is one of their sponsors 

sydeny posted pics from training camp last night one of them is with Melissa (tcc) , another with jenna but you can see Courtney (buccs) in the back ground so i guess they are still there ! i hate melissa rytcroft is so involved i hope she goes away quick ! she was an average dcc at best !

It's interesting that the writer wrote "over 500" showed up for preliminaries. Kristi Scales wrote in her column for Star magazine that 300 showed. Kristi is a judge.

i think they would remove people for there age or education level they want

• Love 1

I think the weight thing is just away to create more product placement. I am afraid MTT has gone the way of most reality shows. brittany S and Roni both had photo's with there bag of food for the 21 day challenge,

• Love 1

Seriously, of all the retired vets, they got Melissa R. She was only on the squad for two years, and she wrote about the mean girls. I thought Kelli and Judy want the image of the girls getting along 24/7.

I am still angry about the shitty way Nicole was treated in season 7 when it came to her weight. She looks great. Some of the girls look skinny and have no curves, but I guess the underweight look is better. *rolling eyes*