Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I thought they did kickline, uniform fittings, and makeovers weeks apart.

Me too.  Maybe we only think that because that's how the episodes run? It makes sense, though, that they start on kick line early. And I would imagine it could take a while to make all those uniforms by hand, even if this isn't an especially big rookie class.  But I did think makeovers were more like week 3 or 4.

Re: Amy

I would've blamed some of that on bad editing, but I believe Kelli has control over that, so it's all her.

Good point.  Kinda harsh, Kelli!

It does make me wonder why she/they choose not to show some girls getting cut at all.  I find it strange when they do that after giving a girl talk time, like Rebecca (I think her name was) from season 6.  Or what about that girl from Carissa & Kim's rookie year who never got mentioned and was edited out of almost the whole show?  She was petite like Jenna, and about the same skin tone, with curly hair.  Anyone know what was up with her situation?

Edited by M1977G

If you're talking about Sintia (I think that's how you spell it) she was arrested during the summer of TC. Don't know if it was why she got or if it happened before, and that's why she had to go

Thinking about what is written about the blonde that was cut in training camp. Maybe she wasn't cut. Maybe she had a personal reason for leaving. Maybe she got injured. I believe it was for something else, not getting cut...of course until we know what really happened.

In regards to Amy. If you listen to her interacting with the CMT crew, she was robotic in her speech. Not everyone is comfortable on camera but she really did sound static in the way she spoke. This post may be on the wrong thread, but I am re-watching season 7 and I am posting so...

If you're talking about Sintia (I think that's how you spell it) she was arrested during the summer of TC.

Yes, that was her name.  How scandalous!  Arrest record doesn't look good on a DCC resume.  Thanks for the info.

Amy was probably nervous and was sick from trying to lose weight. There was no excuse for the heavy editing to make her look bad when she was cut. They did the same thing with Ann Lux and Taylor. Good forbid if the same thing happen with Cassie or one of the favorite/butt kissers.

Thank you for bringing up Cassie. Many of us disliked her. I myself was neutral until the Taylor confrontation (I did not like her use of the word suck in all her IMT's) BUT her fellow DCCs seemed to love her.

The one thing I noticed is that she would stay afterwards in the parking lot with the group when girls were called into the office.

Judy and Kelli or the DCC read all the blogs and must have known that she was not liked by the fans so it is a bit of a head scratcher that they would feature her in the Brides special.

It's all a little confusing.

• Love 1
(edited)

Me too.  Maybe we only think that because that's how the episodes run? It makes sense, though, that they start on kick line early. And I would imagine it could take a while to make all those uniforms by hand, even if this isn't an especially big rookie class.  But I did think makeovers were more like week 3 or 4.

Re: Amy

Good point.  Kinda harsh, Kelli!

It does make me wonder why she/they choose not to show some girls getting cut at all.  I find it strange when they do that after giving a girl talk time, like Rebecca (I think her name was) from season 6.  Or what about that girl from Carissa & Kim's rookie year who never got mentioned and was edited out of almost the whole show?  She was petite like Jenna, and about the same skin tone, with curly hair.  Anyone know what was up with her situation?

Rebecca's cut was not shown. One week she was there and the next week she was gone. Nothing was ever said about her. I don't remember her that much except on the uniform fitting episode. She was the of girls dancing around in it while looking In the mirror. It could have been a situation like Sintia (arrest) or maybe she just didn't want it shown on tv. If she did leave on her own it was odd because it was getting near the end of TC. In past seasons girls that left/withdrew on their own usually did it in the beginning of TC. In season 6 ( same one Rebecca was in ) there was a TCC, Christina Marie who left TC on her own in the 2 or 3rd episode. I do remember her because she got called out a lot by Kelli and Judy. I think she left  because she couldn't keep up with the fast pace of learning the dances.

Edited by MrsEVH

Thank you for bringing up Cassie. Many of us disliked her. I myself was neutral until the Taylor confrontation (I did not like her use of the word suck in all her IMT's) BUT her fellow DCCs seemed to love her.

The one thing I noticed is that she would stay afterwards in the parking lot with the group when girls were called into the office.

Judy and Kelli or the DCC read all the blogs and must have known that she was not liked by the fans so it is a bit of a head scratcher that they would feature her in the Brides special.

It's all a little confusing.

I really wonder how many of the girls do or did like her. She seems the like the type to go running to Kelli and or Judy to rat out a fellow DCC or TC candidate. Also, was it required the girls go to her wedding since it was a CMT filmed event. I would hate to get on her bad side. I do chuckle over the fact she is good friends with Chelsea and Ally (need I say more.)

I do remember hearing Kelli say Judy does visit DCC fan sites/forums. I wonder if she visits this site.

I'm new to this so sorry if its in the wrong spot or has already been mentioned but I just saw today that Hannah no longer has her DCC twitter handle. I know she made it into training camp. Anyone know anything? She is such a great dancer

RE Hannah...wonder if they're cutting girls for flunking the test given during tryouts?  That's the only other thing I could think of besides partying or getting into other trouble (which I haven't seen evidence of).

But wouldn't they just not take them into training camp if they don't do well on the test? Seems silly to take and then say - btw, you didn't do well on your test so 3 weeks after TC started and 4 weeks after taking the test we are cutting you for it.

I don't think it was the test that was the problem.  They take it before training camp starts, and I recall in season 3 that about 5 girls, vets and rookies, flunked the exam.  Kelli called them out in the first meeting for it, and they all got put on notice, but none of them got cut for it.

I just can't think of a "good" reason for Hannah to have left the team.  If she'd gotten another dance opportunity, it doesn't seem ethical (or especially contractual) to take it after signing on a dotted line for another year commitment to DCC.  I've written before that she seemed to love being on the team so much, it's hard to imagine her just choosing to walk away for a better or different opportunity.  I just hope she's healthy and not too heartbroken over this. 

(edited)

I just can't think of a "good" reason for Hannah to have left the team.  If she'd gotten another dance opportunity, it doesn't seem ethical (or especially contractual) to take it after signing on a dotted line for another year commitment to DCC.  I've written before that she seemed to love being on the team so much, it's hard to imagine her just choosing to walk away for a better or different opportunity.  I just hope she's healthy and not too heartbroken over this. 

Aren't all the girls (vets & rookies) still considered TCCs until they make the final squad? I would assume they sign a contract after (?) they made it. Or do they also sign one while in TC? So technically Hannah wasn't a DCC yet?

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1

Hannah was probably considered a two year candidate and/or a one year vet. Hannah may or may not want her cut being shown on the show, or they may decide to do another Courtney Cook moment. Too bad Kaitlyn LeGrand did not get a lawyer to prevent what happen to her being shown. I think Kelli and Judy may have learn their lesson after Amy R. and Kaitlyn.

Aren't all the girls (vets & rookies) still considered TCCs until they make the final squad? I would assume they sign a contract after (?) they made it. Or do they also sign one while in TC?

I don't think the vets are considered TCCs exactly--they do have a different status than the girls who have not earned their uniforms yet.  But starting in season 3, Kelli announced that vets would be eligible for cuts during TC, so there definitely is less certainty for the vets than there used to be.  

Last season, they showed the girls signing a "20-page contract" at the first meeting, so they are legally committed at that point.  That's where they lay out that they can (as Kelli put it last year) "cut you for any reason," including weight, behavior, tardiness, etc.

Does anyone know if more cuts have happened?? I follow the dance instructor for the AAIA dance team, her name is Stephanie D Wheat on instagram. Anyway, she posted a group photo of all the girls currently in TC (she taught them a few dance steps last week), in looking at the photo I didn't see Vivian's friend Alexandra the one and only african amerian TCC this year, they danced together on the AAIA squad this past season. So, I'm assuming she may have been cut.

I agree that Hannah seems to be moving on with her life according to her Twitter post. I really hope it was her decision to leave.

Courtney met a guy and moved to Hawaii. Looks like she is back with her family now and selling that youth serum Jordan Tabor sells

A TON of retired DCC are selling that stuff. It doesn't have very good reviews online. But I guess everyone wants to look like a DCC so I'm sure they are moving products!

(edited)
I wonder if Hannah hired a lawyer like Amy R. to prevent her cut from being shown.

Do we know that actually happened? This seems like one of those TWOP things that started as speculation, then became rumor, and was eventually accepted as fact.

Courtney met a guy and moved to Hawaii. Looks like she is back with her family now and selling that youth serum Jordan Tabor sells

Jasmine Goode is on the Nerium bandwagon too.

According to Nicole's twitter page, Samantha was chosen to be the cover girl for the Swimsuit issue.

Good. I liked hers, but I didn't like the other two.

Edited by sleepyjean

Does anyone know if more cuts have happened?? I follow the dance instructor for the AAIA dance team, her name is Stephanie D Wheat on instagram. Anyway, she posted a group photo of all the girls currently in TC (she taught them a few dance steps last week), in looking at the photo I didn't see Vivian's friend Alexandra the one and only african amerian TCC this year, they danced together on the AAIA squad this past season. So, I'm assuming she may have been cut.

I agree that Hannah seems to be moving on with her life according to her Twitter post. I really hope it was her decision to leave.

Here is the picture.    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=716127988448342&set=pb.133980649996415.-2207520000.1403201468.&type=1&theater

I am counting 39 girls. I also saw one African American TCC girl. 43 girls were taken to TC. Sydney was out of the country last week when this picture was taken, Hannah was cut, and Megan (Tampa Bay girl) was cut. This leaves 40 girls last week. I have no idea who else was cut or did I not count right.

I counted 40 girls in the picture excluding the guest director.

I know I'm late to the party but I'm just getting around to joining and making the move from TWOP. I can't believe Hannah is gone. She was my favorite last year and I'm sad we won't be seeing her.

I really like Samantha and think it's great she got the cover!

(edited)

Does anyone know if more cuts have happened?? I follow the dance instructor for the AAIA dance team, her name is Stephanie D Wheat on instagram. Anyway, she posted a group photo of all the girls currently in TC (she taught them a few dance steps last week), in looking at the photo I didn't see Vivian's friend Alexandra the one and only african amerian TCC this year, they danced together on the AAIA squad this past season. So, I'm assuming she may have been cut.

No idea about more cuts yet.  Last year and this year, it seems Kelli and Judy have been very restrictive about what can be posted about training camp.  I'm sure it has to do with wanting to build interest and suspense for the season (though of course, once the team is announced those who want to can figure out who made the team before the season airs).  I do see Alexandra in the photo mentioned above (thanks for the link, bigskygirl: https://www.facebook...&type=1).  She's on the very left hand side of the picture.  I recall that she was not a very good dancer in her video, though, so I regretfully predict that (unless she goes from a "2 to a 10" like Nicole Bulcher did her rookie year) Alexandra won't make the final team.  Based on those videos, I was really disappointed in the overall quality of rookie candidates, and was sad to see that few African American women trying out had the dance skills and performance charisma to make it into training camp. (I did think that at least one other young lady should have made it into TC, but I forget her name).  I'm not sure that Alexandra is the only African American TCC, though.  I think that Mary might be biracial, and I think there are maybe a total of 4 or 5 women of color who are TCCs this year.  Regardless of her ethnic identity, though, I thought Mary was one of the strongest dancers in the videos and a beautiful young lady and I really hope she makes it!  

Edited by M1977G
No idea. So two girls were cut so far? Megan and Hannah. Sydney was overseas when the picture was taken.

Have we actually gotten confirmation Hannah was cut or is this speculation? Just curious :)

Have we actually gotten confirmation Hannah was cut or is this speculation? Just curious :)

Her DCC twitter is gone and she now has a regular twitter.  I think we can speculate that something happened.

I think it's more a question of if she was cut or if she left on her own. I think it's unlikely that she left on her own with the timing and everything (if she was going to go do something else she probably would have not tried out or not started camp), but it's also hard to imagine Hannah being cut. Really though, we know so little about these girls, anything could have happened. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

The one girl is Katy. I do not think one year vets can be an asst. group leader.  Happy to see Nicole be made a leader. I am surprise Brittney S. was not made a leader or asst. leader

Sydney posted a great pic on Instagram. You can see that it is Jennifer and not Katy.  Jennifer is an excellent dancer and made show group, and was rookie of the year. I am not surprised that she was chosen second group leader.

(edited)

No, it is Jennifer. Sydney listed the group leaders under a pic on her instagram account. Jennifer's middle name is Kathryne. Maybe, some of the DCC call her Kathy to avoid confusion with Jennifer Alexis. Congrats to all the group leaders!!

Edited by nmvrn

I'm happy for all the leaders and seconds.  Some of my favorite performers on the team.  I agree it's surprising they chose a 2nd year vet as a second leader, but as others have pointed out, Jennifer K was Rookie of the Year and is one of the best dancers on the team.  Obviously, she gets mad respect from her teammates as well as Kelli and Judy.  In addition to her being deserving, perhaps Kelli and Judy are wanting to groom some of the younger cheerleaders for leadership positions since the squad is so young, and a number of upper vets are likely to retire next year.  I think there are far more girls on the team who would make good leaders and seconds than available positions. I would like to see Brittany and Veronica get to be leaders/seconds, but regardless, hope they return for their 5th year because they also are two of my favorites. I thought Brittany would get picked for a leadership position this year, but I wonder if her work responsibilities are such that taking on the extra responsibilities of group leader is impractical.  I think Ashley M and Jenna would also make for great leaders/seconds down the road, and hope they get the chance.  

I thought Brittney would be chosen as well.

I'm happy for everyone, especially Angela!

I bet Carissa and/or Olivia would have been 2nds if they had not retired.

Does anyone remember an instance where a second year to be vet made 2nd GL?

Jennifer was also a Jets cheerleader so might have leadership experience there.

Really?  I didn't know that.  Or did you mean Jessica A?  I would have thought that, if Jennifer also had been a Jets cheerleader, the show would have made some mention about two pairs of Jets cheerleaders making the team two years in a row... 

Getting my names mixed up....you are right. My bad. Wonder if you have to put your name in a hat...ask to be consider. You have wonder if the 4 group leaders, 1 will be the point person. I bet the number 2 people are ones that k&j want want to be future point people.

Jennifer K. is a two year candidate, she is not a two year vet. The girls are still in TC, and the team has not been announced yet. Why was she chosen over Brittney, Veronica, Katy or even Jenna and Kinzie. I find it interesting that two girls who said they were leaving the team last December were chosen group leader and asst. group leader. Who would have been chosen if Sydney and Angela left.

At the interview and subsequent times, Jenna seemed more quiet and shy.  I wonder if she has changed or perhaps leadership is not her strength.  I have been a follower for many years and slowly grew into leadership roles so for some their times will come after they leave DCC?