Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Time to talk about auditions-past and future.

Prelims and Semi-finals are May 10th and 11th and final interviews are May 16th and finals solos/dance performance are May 17th.

Who will come back to try out again and which vets might be on the chopping block?

I wonder how many finalists (fan vote) from last year  will try out again? Twelve of them made other teams ( Mavs dancers , DS ice girls, AA ice angels, Legends dancers, Texas star dancers).

I know Vivian plans to try out again.  I think Emily might too.

Seems I saw a thread about this somewhere on this board but can't find it.  Just saw the following tweet from Emma ....looks like there's going to be a new season of MTT..

Emma Mary ‏@DCC_Emma  1h
Watching @NBCTheVoice is making me excited for @CMT Making the Team! I have so much respect for people that go after their dreams!

• Love 1
(edited)

There are only a few standouts for me since the Brooke/Tobie/Trisha crew retired, they all kind of look like little girls to me now. Am I just getting older? They all just kind of blend together. So actually, although last season I hated Kathryn Dunn with the heat of a thousand suns, I wouldn't mind seeing her at least try to come back. At least she has an individual look, her own sort of brand, and I remember who she is, unlike many of the girls on the squad today. She needs some polishing in the speech/dance dept though. Vivian, I'd LOVE to see back. Her story and her strength make me rally for her. I know people tore Morgan apart but there's something about her I was rooting for, that I connected with. I'm a sucker for the against-all-odds stories I guess. I MISS COURTNEY COOK! It should be interesting!

Edited by BeverlyOrange

I don't know if Kathryn is trying out again, but Vivian plans to. Maybe both of them being on other squads will give them enough experience to get chosen for TC again.

(edited)

Jackie, Mia, Lauren, Mackenzie, Amelia, Olivia, Kim, Carissa, and Kaitlyn will not be trying out again.

Jackie is getting married on April 28h. Maybe Kaitlyn was given strong hints not to try out again. There has been rumors she has not been preforming or going out on appearances for alleged weight gain.

Edited by bigskygirl

If this is a spoiler thread, do we have to use spoiler tags or no?

I'm not shocked at all about Kaitlyn. Anyone could tell just by looking at her that her body type was not one that is naturally small. Plus, she's 18. Most girls start gaining weight around that age. Kaitlyn just started doing it while her weight was constantly watched. She also didn't seem that totally invested in it. Again, she's young, and it was probably overwhelming to go from high school to THAT with absolutely no time for adjustment

If this is a spoiler thread, do we have to use spoiler tags or no?

No.  In a spoiler thread you do not have to use spoiler tags. In fact, I'd prefer if you didn't.  If people ignore the big SPOILERS alert on the thread title, that's on them.

• Love 1

No.  In a spoiler thread you do not have to use spoiler tags. In fact, I'd prefer if you didn't.  If people ignore the big SPOILERS alert on the thread title, that's on them.

Okay, thanks for the info.

I hope Leah Jo tries out again.  She got a raw deal last year.  In my opinion, she was better than some of the vets who were brought back.  I cannot believe she was cut instead of Morgan and Kaitlyn.

I hope Leah Jo tries out again.  I suspect that Morgan would be on the chopping block as well if she doesn't improve on her memory issues.  Danielle would likely be another one on the block depending on if she did gain weight (or if the photographer is just horrible at getting flattering shots of the girls).  I'm not too sure about the rest.  I'd have to rewatch Season 8.

Does anyone think they will do the online fan vote again this year?  I wonder how many girls who didn't make it and went on to other teams will come back and try again.

It may have backfired last year when the fan pick didn't make the team.

None of the top 3 made it. Vivian and Kathryn both got cut. Jaime never made it to TC ( she's tried out at least 3 times and never does).

I think they didn't realize these girls got the most votes by having all of their family & friends to vote for them.  The final decision for making the squad was up to Kelli and Judy. 

It would be interesting to see if Chelsea who said DCC was everything to her will try out again.  As she exited, she said she was unsure if she would.  It is better if she doesn't.  Am I the only one who thinks this way?

It would be interesting to see if Chelsea who said DCC was everything to her will try out again.  As she exited, she said she was unsure if she would.  It is better if she doesn't.  Am I the only one who thinks this way?

After her "incident" last year I think she will always be on Kelli and Judy's sh*t list.

She is dating a friend of Cassie's husband.  It would be interesting to see her tryout again.  I could imagine the comments Kelli, Judy, and Charlotte would be making.  Three more weeks until tryouts start up.

@GaveIn - Thx...

Just came back to post that the 2014 FB schedules are released today and from what I can tell NONE of Dallas' preseason games are televised this year *bummer!!!!!*

None of the Cowboys’ preseason games this year are scheduled to be nationally televised.

Cowboys’ Preseason Schedule

Week 1: @ San Diego Chargers

Week 2: vs. Baltimore Ravens

Week 3: @ Miami Dolphins

Aug. 28: vs. Denver Broncos

Looks like the 1st televised game is Week 1: San Francisco 49ers, 3:25 p.m. Sept. 7, 2014

ETA - Looks like the girls only have 2 home preseason games before regular season.  Is that normal?

Edited by lscobee

Looks like the 1st televised game is Week 1: San Francisco 49ers, 3:25 p.m. Sept. 7, 2014

ETA - Looks like the girls only have 2 home preseason games before regular season.  Is that normal?

Yes, 4 preseason games - 2 home & 2 away.

Hello all. Just transferred from the TWoP page. Sad to see that go. I hope cheerleaders are having fun in Mexico. I saw the YouTube video for that article about her, has she tried out before ? She looked familiar. Is Tessa trying out again? I hope so. Looking forward to the new site, I'm a fan of d.c.c.

(edited)

Picture of Mackenzie and two other girls trying out for team     https://twitter.com/TLD_Courtney/status/462483094654550016/photo/1

Auditions start a week from today!!!

The blonde on the left is Kelli, a current Texas Legends dancer. She tried out last year and made it to finals (fan vote) but never made it to TC.

The one on the right  is Courtney (Bring it on) also a Legends dancer who also tried out last year, made to finals (fan vote) but not to TC.

Here's a picture of the DCC finalists (fan vote) from last year. I wonder how many are trying out again. You'll see Kelli and Courtney in the picture. I know one girl, Jourdyn ( former Allen ice angel) tried out for the Rhythym & Blue dancers because I saw her in their audition pictures. In that picture is also a girl who made the DS ice girls that I suspect might have left that team because her profile is off their site. I don't want to give her name because  I don't want to get in trouble with the mods.

http://ultimatecheerleaders.com/2013/05/vote-for-your-favorite-dcc-finalists/

Edited by MrsEVH

Looks like Kaitlyn LaRae is at the draft party.  Wonder if she's auditioning again?

Kaitlyn LaRae ‏@DCC_Kaitlyn  17m
Enjoying my first #NFLDraft2014 live in the USA! It's all about pick #16! #CowboysDraft #AmericasTeam #CowboysNation pic.twitter.com/AGoDG9aalS”

It looks like Kaitlyn was retweeting other DCC tweets.  I wonder if she is actually there.   It's really strange that she still has her DCC twitter if she's not actually with the team.   She didn't get a ring at the year end banquet.   There has to be a story there.    2 more weeks until finals, they will pull it then if she doesn't make training camp.   Last year it was seconds after the last name was called,  those who didn't make it were changed to their own twitter name.

(edited)

Jackie, Mia, Lauren, Mackenzie, Amelia, Olivia, Kim, Carisa, and Kaitlyn are not trying out again.

Rumors have been floating around she was taken off the squad for alleged weight gain.  She has not performed or been sent on appearances since late October/early November.  The girls trying out again were in Mexico for the 2015 Swimsuit Calendar Shoot.

Edited by Rhondinella
(edited)

According to Kathryn Dunn's twitter:

DMD Kathryn ‏@DMD_Kathryn   

Good luck to my best friends as they try out for @DCCheerleaders this weekend!! @ashleypro @EmRoslyn @MalloryMesserTX #TwitterlessKendall

I'm guessing she's going to stay with the Mavs ( if she makes it back). Mallory and Kendall were finalists in the fan vote but didn't make it to TC like the other two did. Kendall is the DS ice girl that I think left the squad (or maybe got kicked off?) because her profile is not the Ice Girls site anymore and her twitter is gone.

Vivian posted on her twitter she's also trying out for the DCC tomorrow. She said tonight might be the last time she dances with the Ice Angels. I wonder if she'll go back to them if she doesn't make the DCC.

I also wonder how many of these former TCCs will fall into that category of:  Make it to TC-Get cut-Try out again-Don't make it back to TC. It happened to a couple of girls (Grace, Marie, Elizabeth, Karissa, Katie S., Kaime). All of them were encouraged by Kelli to try out again but none of them made it back to TC.

Edited by MrsEVH
(edited)

I asked Vivian if any of her fellow Ice angels are trying out with her and she said 6. It seems like a good portion of the girls today will be from other Texas squads (Mavs, Ice girls, Ice Angels, Legends, Texas Star dancers etc.). Not to mention ones from other pro football and basketball teams.

Edited by MrsEVH
(edited)

I recognized Ashley Michelle, Courtney & Kelli (TLDs) but didn't see Emily or Vivian.

Emily IS reauditioning.  Ashley Michelle also in this pic.

Cowboys DJ EJ ‏@CowboysDJEJ  18m

#Selfie with @EmRoslyn @ashleypro @tweetsbykendall #DCCAuditions pic.twitter.com/EUYELe4xO8

https://twitter.com/CowboysDJEJ

BnS7JivIgAEyiLv.jpg
Edited by lscobee