Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I was also surprised and disappointed by the sloppy dancing of the semi-finalists. Most of those girls wouldn't have even made my high school drill team. It was hard for me to even pick 10 that I thought were good enough to advance to training camp.

• Love 1

I was also surprised and disappointed by the sloppy dancing of the semi-finalists. Most of those girls wouldn't have even made my high school drill team. It was hard for me to even pick 10 that I thought were good enough to advance to training camp.

Me too - I just gave up and sent in six choices :)

I was also surprised and disappointed by the sloppy dancing of the semi-finalists. Most of those girls wouldn't have even made my high school drill team.

I wasn't impressed either, but we should consider the circumstances. They'd learned the dance just that day, it was an audition, there was a lot of choreography to remember, they were being filmed for the vote AND the tv show, and they were being scrutinized and evaluated by everyone, including each other. Overall a very stressful situation and everyone's nerves were showing. Put your high school drill team in that same situation and they'd completely fall apart.

This environment isn't the same as a game day, when the cheerleaders have had days to rehearse and the audience is there to enjoy and be entertained, not to judge their performance. For all their experience with studios, dance teams, and cheer squads, these women aren't professionals, and the DCC audition is much more intense  and higher stakes than what they are accustomed to. (Of course, all of that stress will continue on throughout training camp, so they'll either learn how to overcome their nerves and perform like pros despite the nerves, or they'll get cut.)

• Love 2

Thanks for the above link, MrsEVH!  This article lets you see the dance videos of the rookies.  Just click on the name of a rookie candidate in the list and a new window pops up with the videos used for voting.  Doing that, I saw that the winner of the fan invitation into TC was a former Dallas Mavs cheerleader.  In my mind, this is why she won, as her dance video was not that strong. I hadn't even considered her for my 10 votes. She had messy arms and feet and looked lost more than a pro cheerleader should, even if under unusual audition circumstances.  I give her credit for pulling the dance off after a really weak start, though, so maybe it was nerves that rattled her here and there, and maybe she has dynamite kicks.  

I thought other rookie candidates looked pretty strong in their videos, but I'll say again that some of the pro cheerleaders who made TC underwhelmed me a little.  I'll be interested to see who turns out to be a contender and who a struggler on the show.  I do wish them all luck in TC, though!  It's gotta be tough.

According to her facebook, Jordyn is currently pregnant so I don't think she tried out this year. She did try out another year (a few years ago?) and didn't make it to camp.

Jordyn K. did try out a few years ago and then had to withdraw, after making it to finals, due to being in the hospital.  And she is pregnant, so definitely did not try out again.  

Does anyone have any idea what happened to Courtni, since she wasn't pictured in the pic of the vets that were at tryouts!?

(edited)

I liked Melissa, too.  She had the choreography down better than almost anybody, and has that wholesome cute look going on.  Definitely rooting for her! 

DCC is going to have to do some serious scouting and recruiting this year.  The audition numbers were low, and as people keep noting, the quality candidates pool is pretty small.  I've read articles that said 500-600 auditioned this year, but this picture of the round 1 board only shows numbers into the 320s. http://www.dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/photos/behind-the-scenes-photos/2014-prelims/attachment/_d3x7834/

No way nobody from 330 through 500 didn't make it, so that is hundreds less than in past years.  Good thing a lot of vets are returning!

This pic that Jasmine posted appears to be right after or before the solos.  https://twitter.com/DCC_Jasmine/status/467806681511239680/photo/1

I see Alex and Morgan, but not Courtni, which makes me wonder if something happened that prevented her from participating in finals.  I hope she is ok.

Edited by M1977G

Jordyn K. did try out a few years ago and then had to withdraw, after making it to finals, due to being in the hospital.  And she is pregnant, so definitely did not try out again.  

Does anyone have any idea what happened to Courtni, since she wasn't pictured in the pic of the vets that were at tryouts!?

Courtni was cut at finals along with Alex and Morgan.

(edited)

I really liked Morgan and Alex. Courtni, to me she just sort of blended in. Morgan, I think she's adorable and she has a phenomenal body. I was hoping she'd become a Jordan Chanley- a girl who is not a strong dancer but becomes an asset for her other qualities. I'm sad that she's not coming back. In terms of performance, she's got the it factor, she's that girl that would catch your eye. Even the guest coreographer said he was watching her for the majority of the practice he observed.

Did Ashley N (the blond who didn't have much experience in dance) make it to training camp? I see a blond Ashley but I'm not sure if it's her...

Edited by Elizabeth9

I really liked Morgan and Alex. Courtni, to me she just sort of blended in. Morgan, I think she's adorable and she has a phenomenal body. I was hoping she'd become a Jordan Chanley- a girl who is not a strong dancer but becomes an asset for her other qualities. I'm sad that she's not coming back. In terms of performance, she's got the it factor, she's that girl that would catch your eye. Even the guest coreographer said he was watching her for the majority of the practice he observed.

Did Ashley N (the blond who didn't have much experience in dance) make it to training camp? I see a blond Ashley but I'm not sure if it's her...

Ashley Michelle (Kathryn's Dunn's friend) made it back to TC.. She was the one cut last year. Ashley Nicole (former Suns dancer) made on the squad last year.  

I think Ashley Nicole is a really strong dancer and pretty girl.  I'll be interested to see if Ashley M improved sufficiently (as in, dramatically) this past year to make it.  I was impressed by her performance energy if underwhelmed by her technique.  She is cute and seems sweet, though.  I hope Ashley M pulls it off, but think she's not the strongest contender.

(edited)

Any word on when training camp starts?

If it didn't start right after auditions I would guess probably Tuesday May 27th?  I would also imagine we won't hear a lot, if anything, about TC on twitter etc.  K&J will probably have a gag order on the vets that still have their twitters.

Edited by lscobee

I really hope Sydney is point girl this year or at least goes to pro bowl! If she makes it back this will be her 7th year so she definitely deserves at least one of those honors. I think the other girls in the running would probably be Nicole or Emma.

Despite her longevity, Sydney does not seem to get any of the accolades that others have such as group leader, asked to be in weddings, dancing more in the front line etc.  I doubt she will go to the Pro Bowl as that is voted on my the girls.  Is she staying in until she gets something?  Yes she is on Talkin' Cowboys but she doesn't have an important part.  I have liked her but clearly her peers do not for a variety of reasons.

• Love 1

Despite her longevity, Sydney does not seem to get any of the accolades that others have such as group leader, asked to be in weddings, dancing more in the front line etc.  I doubt she will go to the Pro Bowl as that is voted on my the girls.  Is she staying in until she gets something?  Yes she is on Talkin' Cowboys but she doesn't have an important part.  I have liked her but clearly her peers do not for a variety of reasons.

She has been a group leader the last 2 seasons.   As group leader, she's point for her group.    I think her height hurts her dancing to be point for the entire group.   I follow her on twitter, I think DCC is her "career", she doesn't want to let it go.  She just turned 24 so she has time.

(edited)

Sydney's height is not stopping her from being point girl since there are other more talented dancers on the team. Trisha was a six year vet, and she was not point girl. Some of the girls have complained about Sydney making mistakes during game day performances. Olivia was called out in season 7 for not following Sydney during a game. Sydney was calling out the wrong moves, but Olivia was told to follow her even if mistakes are being made.

Edited by bigskygirl

Sydney probably does quite well for herself as a DCC monetarily. She's not always gonna have the body, stamina or even desire to continue at some point. She might as well use it while she's got it.

I wonder why she change her mind the last two years. In my opinion, I do not think Kelli and Judy are asking her to stay on the team. Who will replace Lauren, Jackie, Mia, and Mackenzie?

I'm happy she changed her mind, I really like her and she obviously loves being a dcc. She has some sort of career in fashion and if she still has the time and energy for being a dcc why not keep doing it. I would probably do the same if I was her...

I hate having to wait until August for the new season.

I think Sydney deserves Pro Bowl at this point. Nicole B is my absolute favorite but I always got the feeling she is not a strong enough dancer for PB (she has yet to make Show Group.) I predict Emma will be the face of DCC this year. Kelli loves her.

I wonder if Tessa and Emily will tryout for the dallas mavs team or will they hold out another year and tryout for DCC again!! It seemed like last year everybody who didn't make DCC tried out for the mavs.

I wonder if Tessa and Emily will tryout for the dallas mavs team or will they hold out another year and tryout for DCC again!! It seemed like last year everybody who didn't make DCC tried out for the mavs.

It's usually the Mavs, the DS ice girls,  AA ice angels. or TL dancers,

i thin they should try out for the mavs...better than not really doing anything big.

So Training Camp started yesterday, I hope we'll get some information on it :)

I think Sydney is well liked by a lot of her team mates, and it is clear that Kelli and Judy like and respect her as well.  She is a great performer, a sexy young lady, and seems a strong vet and leader who gives a lot of support to others.  But I agree that she's not the very best dancer on the squad.  I do think she's a strong contender for Pro Bowl, but don't think wanting to get voted to it would be the motivating factor to keep trying out for the team.  I, personally, would be more drawn to the trips to Mexico, top notch free beauty, hair and dental care, adoring fans (she has over 20,000 followers on Twitter, I think more than anyone else on the team), and paid appearances and unique experiences than getting to go to another football game.  Plus, the girl really seems a true blue Cowboys fan who loves all things Cowboys nation.  So, go, Sydney!  I for one, will miss her when she retires.

pic.twitter.com/kO8NqKtm0D

Jinelle was awarded one of the DCC Barbies for outstanding solo performance during finals this year.  I wonder who else got one, and if cheerleaders are only chosen once for this.  Doesn't make that much sense to give multiple limited edition dolls to one person.

Have the dallas cowboys cheerleaders jumped the shark?  The turnout for auditions was lower than it has been in recent years, there was very little media coverage, they had all kinds of technical difficulties with the fan vote, and even the training camp candidate photo was spectacularly bad. It's like the overall level of interest from everyone has declined. I would love to see the breakdown of the ratings over the years. More than that, I would love to see this series done for other teams in the NFL. I have never believed the "DCC are the best in the whole wide world" hype. They're the most famous, that's for sure, but I would like to see what other teams have to offer.

• Love 1

Years ago, the NFL put out DVDs from three other cheerleading squads: the dolphins, the chiefs and another team. They were terrible. I think they are still available if you want to check them out!

(edited)

Years ago, the NFL put out DVDs from three other cheerleading squads: the dolphins, the chiefs and another team. They were terrible. I think they are still available if you want to check them out!

There is a  3 part youtube video of the Tampa Bay Bucs cheerleaders auditions from 2006.  It's not too bad and interesting to see how other teams pick their cheerleading squad.

Edited by MrsEVH

The TCCs are learning the kickline/jump split tonight:

Kelli Finglass ‏@Kelli_Finglass  38m
Sun is setting and DCC are kicking tonight! #dccmakingtheteam pic.twitter.com/AeyzkpGWJu

I can't wait for MTT. It will be interesting to see if they choose Vivian, Megan and Mary for the team this year. They all have similar features and in my opinion they are all great dancers.

Thought I'd start a topic for SG. Wonder who will make it this year? It would be nice to see Nicole Bulcher make it for her (assuming here) final year.

I'd also like to see Veronica and Angela make it.