Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Glad DeJennae and Jamie made the team!  I'm a little surprised that Emily it, but happy for her nonetheless.  She looked so awkward dancing on the show last year, she must have improved a lot, because the DMD are great dancers.  Did Tampa Bay Megan make the team?

I think Vivian has a horrific personality, or salacious pics/vids floating around...or a vindictive ex-boyfriend (think Carla from MTT7). Something fishy is going on with her, I'm sure of it.

There has to be something, because she's a far better dancer and performer than Emily.  Maybe the coaches don't like what they perceive as some diva behavior, what with her special fan pages and all.  (I won't pretend to know exactly what went on til we see the show, and even then I know that's a tightly edited version of events...) I do feel kind of badly for her. Based on watching her last season and what I've seen of this audition season, I think she is someone who loves to perform, and badly wants to be accepted by others.  I hope she finds that acceptance in herself, and that she makes a team somewhere, but it must be hard to go down the audition line in Dallas like that.

Very glad to see Holly as point girl, even if it is an audition period.  The three together look great as the front and center girls, and whoever gets point girl I think will be a strong one.  I like Emma a lot--I think she's a fantastic dancer (wish they'd show her actually dancing more on the show!) and a pretty girl--but I'm an even bigger fan of Holly and Jacie.  They've both been among my favorites since their rookie seasons.  

(edited)

I just saw a couple of pics of the new rookie Caila and she seems at least 6'2 , don't yall think thats gonna be a problem in the kick line since the two tallest girls nicole and jasmine is 5'10 , have been ever anyone that tall ?

Why can someone not make the team for being too short (like bring it on Courtney) but someone whose super tall can make the team ?

Edited by mmm
(edited)

Sydney is always further back and then will form one of the ends of the triangle when they fan out. This is her position for like 75% of show group performances. Could be a height thing maybe or a preferred position? *shrug* I think Jenna needs to be on the back/end as well. She looks weird behind Holly who is way taller than her. 

Wonder if DCC folk were lurking on the boards....pretty strange showing a 'rehearsal' picture and its just the girls standing in the triangle not dancing.

Edited by pink317
(edited)

Sydney is always further back and then will form one of the ends of the triangle when they fan out. This is her position for like 75% of show group performances. Could be a height thing maybe or a preferred position? *shrug* I think Jenna needs to be on the back/end as well. She looks weird behind Holly who is way taller than her. 

Wonder if DCC folk were lurking on the boards....pretty strange showing a 'rehearsal' picture and its just the girls standing in the triangle not dancing.

I don't think that's so far fetch , if someone is working in the social media marketing of Dcc they have to check things written about them on the internet

i am excited for holly i love her , can someone answer the height question from before !

here are so some more pics

https://twitter.com/DCCheerleaders/status/493171804442075136

Here is a pic of the performance https://twitter.com/DCCheerleaders/status/493171487495311361 (yaay holly)

Edited by mmm

Yes, someone up thread mentioned K&J rotate the top three contenders until a final choice is made. I've never seen Jacie front and center before the photo above. I've seen Holly and Emma.

I hope we get to see more of the vets in MTT9.. I have so many questions.  And I want them to show the calendar special. It aired locally in December and only 15 mins or so is available online.

Did y'all hear about the DCC who popped her kneecap out of place during the opening ceremony at Oxnard today? Got hurt during the jump split and got carted off. Thankfully it popped back in and she will be okay. I wonder who it was

http://www.dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/articles/behind-the-scenes/my-fit-foods-a-fitting-challenge/

I call total bs on this. Brittney was approached by Kelli and Judy to do this. I bet she was told to do it or else be cut off the team. I wonder if they are reading things about the girls being called out on their weight and had her write an article defending the fit food challenge. She look good before she did this. I hope she is not pushing herself to lose more weight to fit into the uniform. I would not be surprise if one or more of the girls end up with an eating disorder.

Hopefully they do a better job with the cameo pictures than the calendar ones. Btw, I can see why Vivian may have been cut after seeing the one picture.

I thought the Calender pics were great , also i think based on the some of the vets shoots in fort of a green screen i think they might be shooting a new intro or something for the show

(edited)

http://www.dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/articles/behind-the-scenes/my-fit-foods-a-fitting-challenge/

I call total bs on this. Brittney was approached by Kelli and Judy to do this. I bet she was told to do it or else be cut off the team. I wonder if they are reading things about the girls being called out on their weight and had her write an article defending the fit food challenge. She look good before she did this. I hope she is not pushing herself to lose more weight to fit into the uniform. I would not be surprise if one or more of the girls end up with an eating disorder.

ITA with the BS. My Fit Foods is a DCC sponsor and I'm sure they (and this nonsense food challenge) will be a plot point on the show. You are right - last year, K&J were getting ripped on social when the weight episode aired (which culminated in Vivian being cut for weight and mistakes). It was bad. This is a total CYA and sponsored blog entry. I don't think the team would keep anyone with a known clinically diagnosed ED but I'm sure distorted eating and distorted body image runs rampant. Recently, someone flat out asked a certain blonde upper vet (don't want to say her name just in case DCC personnel reads this) how she ate so much but stayed really thin. She responded by saying she 'tastes' everything and makes sure someone else is around to finish the food. A few hours later, she deleted her response. =/

_____

Anyhow...

Video from today's opening ceremony. Jacie is center. We know from pics that Holly also performed at the point today. Guess Judy can't decide or they are messing with us? *shrug*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEM0b60R_aY

PS.  Why are the girls dancing to "I'm a Freak"? I hate it.

Edited by pink317

Maybe they are freaks? 

I can't wait to see if point will be Jacie, Emma, or Holly. It would be funny if it's someone else like Jennifer K.

Haha, possibly! You would think the organization wouldn't want the girls dancing to a song about being a freak between the sheets. Jenn K def. has point of the triangle in her future. K&J seem to like her a lot... she is on the Nicole Hamilton train for sure. I can see her getting every accolade.

After seeing some of the videos I have to say I think this Oxnard routines were sharper than they usually are this early. I've seen some sloppy, dull performance videos before and, to me, they looked good. I also think Jacie is perfect for point. She's spunky, polished and I like watching her dance. The others are ok, but Jacie holds my attn.

I'm sure the team is just happy to not be dancing to Thunderstruck for the 8 millionth time.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Jacie as point. It would be interesting to see some of the discussions between K&J regarding placement beyond just rookies.

• Love 1

Does anyone else like Emma's hair color? I think it is too red. She is a pretty girl, but she would look better with a different color (maybe a nice soft brown and some strawberry blonde low lights/high lights.) Sadly, in my opinion, I think it ages her.

Lol--that song is ridiculous, on so many levels.  I thought the dancing looked great in the video above.  I noticed that Sydney was not on the end for this routine, and she definitely was holding her own dancing behind and next to Jacie, which is so small thing.  I'd love Jcie or Holly as point girl.  It must be a close call for Kelli & Judy.  It would be very interesting to see them discussing placement on the show, not just point girl, but also some discussion about leaders and how they put groups together.

As for Brittany's article opener--"when I was approached by Kelli and Judy at the beginning of training camp to try the My Fit Foods 21 Day Challenge, I was ecstatic.  Albeit for reasons I’m not too proud of (think yo-yo diets and down time), I welcomed the opportunity to try the My Fit Foods Challenge"--I bet this is only partly BS.  Working to maintain DCC weight, and especially what must have been Brittany's rookie weight, must be incredibly tough, even for those who work out all the time and are reasonable about what they eat.  Clearly, Brittany got put on blast, since she says they approached her for reasons she wasn't too proud of.  I can think of at least two other vets I saw posting about this meal plan on Twitter, so there were at least 3 vets and probably more who got handed some version of the option, get in better shape or leave the team.  When we saw Nicole get apartment ambushed last year, we got some hint of the emotional stress struggling with weight can be for these girls, so I bet Brittany actually was pretty ecstatic when they offered her this meal program.  The girl loves being a DCC, and obviously puts so much into it, so I imagine she was very glad when they offered such an easy program at what I imagine is on the DCC dime.  For sure this will make maintaining her weight and figure more manageable.  I'd drop at least 8 pounds too if I had someone shop and prepare all my meals for me in the most healthful fashion, and I'd be ecstatic if someone else were paying for it.  All that said, it's hard for me to imagine that Brittany needed to drop 8 pounds, or even that she looks her most attractive having done so.  In past photo shoots, I've definitely thought she looked a little too thin and would look better with just 3-5 pounds more on her frame.  I was definitely surprised when she got called out last year by Kitty, and disagreed with the assessment.  I think B was in her mid-20s when she made the team, so that would put her near 30 now.  No matter how active and fit she is, metabolism does start to change near and in our 30s, so doing the same things she used to do probably isn't enough.  

This is a total CYA and sponsored blog entry. I don't think the team would keep anyone with a known clinically diagnosed ED but I'm sure distorted eating and distorted body image runs rampant.

ITA.  I think Kelli and Judy do want the girls to be healthy--albeit on the very, very, very low body fat side of healthy--and want to provide them with resources to help the cheerleaders meet their crazy standards.  But a blatant product plug, for the diet and the show.

• Love 1

Kelli and Judy seem to be doing more and more to try to make the girls successful. Weight, confidence, prep and dance classes, etc. even Jay Johnson is on staff for the DCC. If they like you enough to bring you to training camp, they probably want you on the team.

(edited)

I agree Brittney doesn't look like she needs to lose weight at all. She's super cut and can't have a lot of body fat on her, so telling her she needs to lose weight seems almost dangerous.

Edited by Oranaiche

I don't know how to spoiler tag from my phone, so I'm posting here. So far for show group we have Emma, Holly, Sydney, kelsey, Jessica M, Jacie, Jenna. Who else? I can't see them so well on my phone.

I don't think Kelli posting the picture makes it official. Those photos are from the same performance that other people have posted photos from, so of course Holly is point. She very well may end up point but I bet it's still a trial period like someone else suggested.

(edited)

I don't know how to spoiler tag from my phone, so I'm posting here. So far for show group we have Emma, Holly, Sydney, kelsey, Jessica M, Jacie, Jenna. Who else? I can't see them so well on my phone.

Jennifer K, Jennifer A, Ashley N, Samantha and Kinzie

I hope Holly is point. She reminds me of Whitney!! They are two of my favs!!

Edited by nmvrn
(edited)

Jennifer K , blonde Ashley , Jinelle (?wtf) , Kinzie

Jennifer K, Jennifer A, Ashley N, Samantha and Kinzie

I hope Holly is point. She reminds me of Whitney!! They are two of my favs!!

Samantha didn't go

I don't think Kelli posting the picture makes it official. Those photos are from the same performance that other people have posted photos from, so of course Holly is point. She very well may end up point but I bet it's still a trial period like someone else suggested.

She didn't post pics or videos of any of the other performances where jacie was the point , i think its holly though

Edited by mmm

Read on the Texas Legends Dancers Facebook that former DCC Courtni Shea (cut @ finals), TLD Courtney (Bring it on) plus two current AA Ice Angels Amanda and Julia all made it to Dallas Stars ice girls TC.

So Kelli's daughter Samantha said on Twitter a few days ago that she will go to college first and then once she is done with college if she decides to tryout she will come back. I hope she decides to tryout all the girls truly seem to like her and she seems sweet

If she does tryout that will be interesting.. She is very smart and she is aiming for Yale. I'm glad that she has decided to put her education and dream of attending Yale first. I know that she cheered on a competitive squad for years and won nationals I think twice, so she does have that part down but I'm not sure if she ever took any dance lessons.

Do you mean Paula? She was from Colombia and a Mavs dancer for 4 years. I thought for sure she would go for her 5th year like Lauren did.

I see Jamie and Kelli from the Texas legends dancers made it.

I didn't see Kelly (former DCC tcc) from 2013-14 squad. She must have not re-auditioned this year.

All quiet on Vivian's facebook and  (2) twitter pages. She admitted on her facebook page awhile ago she got really depressed last year after getting cut from the DCC.

I wonder why Paula and Kelli popcorn decided not to tryout for DMD this year. Also, isn't this the first "A List" squad that Jamie has ever made? I do feel bad for Vivian, she really can dance and better than some that made the DCC. Something is turning K&J off about her. 

https://twitter.com/MavsDancers

She was a DCC Finalist this year, her name is DeJeana. She made the DMDs.

https://www.facebook.com/TexasLegendsDancers/photos/pcb.847497651936639/847497571936647/?type=1&theater

So Courtni Shea, who didn't make it back on the team, went back to the Texas legends Dancers. I notice in this picture that she is not wearing her DCC pinky ring. I wonder why she went back to the TLD's and if she's no longer associating herself with the DCC organization unlike some former DCC's who got kicked off or didn't make it back that seem to post DCC pics every other day.

Seriously, OK Magazine? "probably the most major audition an aspiring dancer will ever go on." Don't get me wrong...I think the DCC are extremely talented and amazing dancers, but to say that the DCC auditions are the most major auditions for an aspiring dancer? haha! AS a dancer, I kind of find that insulting. Tell that to a Broadway dancer, to a principal ballerina, to a Rockette. The DCC are not what most dancers aspire to be (and I say that with the utmost respect for the talent those girls have...not to discredit them in any way!). :D

• Love 1

I know Samantha didn't go to Oxnard. I was just listing members I knew were in Show Group according to an article posted on the DCC Facebook page about the Show Group performing at an USO dinner.

I know Samantha didn't go to Oxnard. I was just listing members I knew were in Show Group according to an article posted on the DCC Facebook page about the Show Group performing at an USO dinner.

i think that happened before showgroup auditions this year , if she was in showgroup they would take her oxnard over jinelle whose that her first time in showgroup don't you think !

i think that happened before showgroup auditions this year , if she was in showgroup they would take her oxnard over jinelle whose that her first time in showgroup don't you think !

I would agree. But, Kelsey is listed as a show group member and she wasn't last year. That is why I thought it happened recently. We will find out soon enough.

• Love 1

I would agree. But, Kelsey is listed as a show group member and she wasn't last year. That is why I thought it happened recently. We will find out soon enough.

I liked the way they did it last year as watcher it was good tv but if i was one of the girls i will be slightly annoyed

• Love 1

Howdy everyone!!!  I have noticed we have taken a different road at times when it comes to staying on the Season 9 topic at hand. And yes, yours truly has ventured off the topic at times herself. *blushing*

I would like to see the current Season 9 thread to be use for current DCCs, the girls who tried out this season in prelims, semi-finals, finals, and were in TC before hearing the dreaded words "this is your last night." I have noticed a thread called Former Training Camp Candidates, and I would like to see posts about former TC candidates from the two hour special and season 1-8 in this one thread. Another thread called Past Auditions can be use for former girls who did not make it to or past prelims, semi-finals, or finals.

Melissa Rycroft can be talked about in the Season 9 thread because she was a judge and is being a mentor to some of the girls. Anything related to her life after DCC should be in the Former DCCs thread (the book she wrote, past relationships, marriage/children, being on other reality television shows etc. etc.)

I probably will leave the posts about current Show Group or might be in the current Show Group in this thread. Please post about former Show Group girls in the one Show Group thread.

I am seriously thinking of opening a separate thread for the girls who try out for other teams who did not make to finals or were cut during TC. Please remember the Season 9 thread is for the current season tryouts only. Any girl who tried out this year can be talked about here. The Past Auditions and Former TC Candidates threads can be use to talk about former girls who tried out in other seasons until another thread can be opened within the next few days. Also, please do not post about other girls who have not tried out for DCC ever.

I also will be working in the other threads to clear out went off topic posts. Do not feel bad if your post was move since I have some cleaning of my own posts to do. *lol* Thankfully, we have eleven days before the season starts. I think we have a great group of posters on here, and I look forward to working on keeping the DCC Making the Team forum a great place to visit and post. If anyone has any questions or concern please send me a PM at anytime.

Btw, has anyone ever try to make a list of the girls who tried out, or made the team since the two hour special. I feel I need a score card to keep up with everything on the show. Of course, a bottle of aspirin and a good drink might come in handy too.