Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Things Which Have Never Yet Been Done

I getcha. 

I don't like that blurb up top. "Tragic" usually means fatal in TV-speak. They'd better not kill off baby Kira, Cosi, OR Helena. Can't wait to see what antics Donnie and Alison, President and Co-founder of the Married Murderers Club get up to. 

I used to think I'd be flattened if they killed Cosima, but now it's Helena that I can't stand the thought of being off the show. I still love Cosi, but Helena is THE clone, imo. Rachel could go and I wouldn't be too upset, but nope on Helena. Besides, they just brought her back. 

• Love 3

Maybe stem cells from Helena's embryos or amniotic fluid to Cosima's rescue?

I hope Allison and Donnie don't become serial killers--at least not at Vic's expense. This seems like something Paul could clean up if he wasn't AWOL.

• Love 1
(edited)

I wonder if Kira will give Delphine the book during her visit.

Also I hope OP doesn't mind, there is a slightly different promo out (feel free to edit it in on top for order's sake)

http://qvietriot.tumblr.com/post/88202672299/bbc-america-season-2-episode-9-promo-id-like

Its uploaded to the Tumblr vid player sadly, so not sure how to embed if possible. It is interesting though that we see Tatiana's acting double with Helena and Rachel's offer to Delphine. I would reckon Delphine is way to young, but I guess they want to use her to get closer to the CloneClub? It is not like Delphine can say no because of Cosima's situation, so I guess they consider her someone they can control?

Edited by Riful

I think you hit the nail right on the head, Riful. DYAD has the ultimate leverage over Delphine through Cosima. That all goes away if Cosima dies, so I'm thinking everyone's favorite geek monkey will be safe for now. And if Delphine also survives the season, establishing her as DYAD's director would definitely set up some interesting dynamics for season 3 (if we even have a season 3)!

That all goes away if Cosima dies, so I'm thinking everyone's favorite geek monkey will be safe for now. And if Delphine also survives the season, establishing her as DYAD's director would definitely set up some interesting dynamics for season 3

I'd be thrilled if they killed Helena off - I barely noticed her absence in the past two episodes, and there's not much they can do with her that would interest me. But Cosima's death would be a blow to the show, especially since she has the arc with Delphine and interesting possibilities with DYAD storylines. She's the science! The other clones don't have that know-how or personal connections. So Cosima better live.

• Love 1

I don't like that synopsis for this week.  Tragic consequences for those sarah's loved ones...doesn't sound good. That would be who...Kira, Mrs S, Felix and her Sestra clones right??  

If they can use Kira's bone marrow wouldn't  Sarah maybe also be a match?   Or should we assume because they are clones their bone marrow would carry the same disease.  I don't really know enough about bone marrow I suppose but it would just seem that a non-sick clone would be an good donor for a sick one and since Sarah is considered a failure maybe her cells are stronger or don't carry the disease that has affected Cosima?  

Anyways the only person on this show that I can part with is Delphine...I don't trust her.  I think she has an agenda.  I would have said Art before but I now like the Art-Felix investigative team that has developed.  And it's always good to have a cop in the clone club even if he's not the smartest guy on the force..

• Love 1

This might be an unpopular opinion here, but I would be pretty bummed if we lost Delphine.  I trust her love for Cosima, even if I don't agree with her Machiavellian choices. Or maybe I just love Evelyne Brochu too much. haha

• Love 4

I think her character is easily dispensable but I'd be saddened at her loss; she and Cosima have an interesting, almost destructive dynamic, that I find fascinating on a human nature level.  But since this show is so good at subverting tropes, maybe she won't be so easily dispensed with, if you see what I mean.  

Seriously though, if they kill off Felix I will lose my shit. 

I swear the promos shown on BBC America directly after the episode airs are always a little different than the ones they release through the website. I'll see the after-episode one and have my usual "Oh, shit!" reaction and then I watch the one here and there are a couple scenes in the promo that weren't in the other one. BBC America is trying to make me think my memory is turning into mush! 

I think an argument could be made that all of the monitors are dispensable in terms of storyline. Like, I don't think losing Paul, Delphine or Donnie would drastically alter anything, but I'd actually be bummed if we lost any of them at this point. Even Paul, who I thought was a waste of space last season, has grown on me a little bit.

Seriously though, if they kill off Felix I will lose my shit.

Naah He's to crucial to the clones story being told. I wouldn't be able to watch without Felix either.  

Cal could be in trouble though?  I would love to see him and Kira and Sarah make a family with occasional visits from the Aunties and Uncle Fee but I feel like Sarah's character is never meant to be settled. She's meant to lead the clone club in bringing down the secret societies that threaten their existence.  

(edited)

Based on the description and the promos I'm thinking if there's a death - it could be Kira.

Reasons being...

1) Kira's death would be tragic not only for Sarah but her "loved ones" Felix and Mrs S would be devastated too. 

2) Rachel's bitterness over Sarah's fertility and desire for revenge against Sarah could be a factor. 

3) Now we have Helena's babies being introduced, Kira is not longer needed to be the lone clone offspring.

4) Practical reason: the kid playing Kira is going to grow up faster than the show timeline.

The only problem with my Kira!dies theory is that last season suggested the kid was indestructible.   

Edited by Yitzhak
(edited)

millahnna wrote:

It breaks my heart but I think Cosima or Helena might be near the top of the dead pool amongst the clones.  But if they kill off Felix, I riot (in my living room).

Indeed.  My cat (Wilson) watches TV with me.  He also seems to pick up on my visceral reactions to stuff I do not like going on the tube (like when Derek Wills announced that Karen Cahhhhtwright would go onstage as Marilyn Monroe in SMASH over the far superior Ivy and Wilson immediately hacked up a hairball the size of Rhode Island and sauntered out of the room.  Well said, Wilson.)  Anyway, I foresee a ginormous hairball incident if TPTB kill off Felix.  All I can say is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!  And we won't feel a hell of a lot better about them killing Cosima or Helena either.  However, I kinda doubt anyone can kill Helena.

Edited by Wilson Cat
  • Love 5

Crap.  No way can one complain about being stuck at Kamaole Beach in Maui for 3 weeks.  It's heaven, right?  Right.  Except for one teensy little thing that to me is a ginormous 'OH NO!!'...... Time Warner cable in Maui does not include BBC America.  Is there any other way of watching episodes of OB online?  I guess I could download from iTunes.  Or show some adult restraint and wait until I get home and catch up On Demand.  But really.....how do people here manage without BBC America and Orphan Black?!?!  Paradise isn't paradise without that ingredient.

• Love 2

If you figure it out -- please let me know (or us here on the forum) -- I'm trying to cut the cable but can't figure out how to do that until Orphan Black is over.  And, have to admit, Banshee.  LOL  (For the baseball, I'm happy to sign onto MLB.com for the year.)

I thought that was odd since Oceanic Time Warner here on O'ahu has BBCA, so I did some checking. It appears BBCA on Maui = channels 341/1341, and it's an add-on to basic cable, so maybe whoever owns the place you're staying in didn't spring for the more expensive package? You can buy the episode via iTunes or Amazon - not sure when, but probably shortly after it airs. Or you can hop an inter-island flight and come watch at my house!

Captanne wrote: 

If you figure it out -- please let me know (or us here on the forum) -- I'm trying to cut the cable but can't figure out how to do that until Orphan Black is over.  And, have to admit, Banshee.  LOL  (For the baseball, I'm happy to sign onto MLB.com for the year.)

OK, I googled Orphan Black online and came up with this site.  Apparently I will be able to watch tonight's episode at 6 PM right here in my happy little rented condo.  (No the owners did not buy the 'upgrade' Time Warner package with channel 341, the bounders....)  It may be a bit anti-social of me, considering it is smack dab in the middle of the dinner hour, but I have my priorities.  Orphan Black first.  Everything else, including family, second.  Right?

http://nextguide.tv/10749236

(edited)

Crap.  No way can one complain about being stuck at Kamaole Beach in Maui for 3 weeks.  It's heaven, right?  Right.  Except for one teensy little thing that to me is a ginormous 'OH NO!!'...... Time Warner cable in Maui does not include BBC America.  Is there any other way of watching episodes of OB online?

Wow, Wilson Cat... you are one true OB fan.  But, I'd probably be getting a little antsy knowing it was on but couldn't watch,even in heavenly Maui. I'd just have to get a fruity adult beverage and hang out or the beach to forget! 

Re: the death pool-  near the end of season one,I was thinking by season two, I wouldn't be surprised if they kill off Delphine.  I would kind of be ironic-  Delphine is all worried about Cosima dying but she's the one who winds up dead? (sorry fans of the couple!)   But I don't know if they writers would do that since the couple has their share of fans. Well actually I'm not completely sure, are they super popular?    If this was a Joss Whedon show, I'd be worried.

Edited by Valny

Watching the scene of them screwing the bone marrow needle into Kira's hip was rough to watch, I'm not a fan of needles either.

Go bad-ass Donny, I loved him finally having enough and getting assertive, it's about time he found his bit of courage. "Have a shitty day", I loved the line itself and the delivery. The sex scene between Alison and Donny may have been the best scene those two have had to date.

Rachel is two gummy fruit candies short of a fruit cake. So she really has caught a case of baby rabies, figures. But man she's good, she got Delphine to distract the real Sarah while she slipped right in and took Kira out from under their noses.

Helena gave that slime-ball cult leader exactly what he deserved, and she set the place on fire. Not sure how I feel about the whole evil red headed stepchild, who may have had a change of heart, getting away with her boyfriend, pregnant with Helena's baby to boot.

• Love 2
(edited)

W-w..what the hell just happened?!

I have to admit, I yelled, Oh come on! when it was revealed that Rachel was posing as Sarah.

Loved the ep though!

MVP of 2.09: Donnie Hendrix

He bumbled in that classic Donnie style in the beginning(which was hysterical)  but made up for it in the van with Angela!    Definitely my fave Donnie ep, except could have done without that last shot!   :)

And again I laughed inappropriately during Orphan Black, when Helena "inseminated" Father. I am so going to hell. 

Then I'm going with you @Neener Neener because that was awesome! and ouch.   Go Helena! 
Glad Mark stood up for Gracie.
But did Helena just burn the farm part down, not the house with all the kids right?   And I liked that scene when she was in the face of that girl(Tatiana's acting double,Kathryn Alexandre) it reminded me of when Sarah and Helena were fighting it out in season one's finale,but this time, Kathryn was herself.

Edited by Valny
  • Love 2

I realized how stressful the last few episodes have been to watch, not knowing whom the clones can trust, during this episode when I was so relieved to finally be able to trust Mrs. S. completely.  If they make her a bad guy after this, I swear I'll quit watching!  (jk)  

I was very upset by the ending though, and the promo.  OK, so of course we saw it coming, but I hate that Dyad has Kira.  

Was it my imagination, or were all the children in the creepy religious cult nursery girls?  I was almost cheering for Helena, but I couldn't help thinking, what about the children??

Loved that Donnie got a spine.

(edited)

I actually did not care for Ali/Donnie this week. Aside from their part of the show feeling SO disconnected from the rest of the show, and the grossness of what they find sexy, technically nothing happened to move the plot forward. It was just like The Ali Dark Comedy sketch segment of the show.

I was 100% sure that was Rachel after her earlier phone call and her creeping over pictures of Sarah and Kira. 

For once, Helena's creepy religious cult storyline was the best of the ep. Especially the, er, medical procedure.

Will someone die in the finale? Hmm. 

Edited by jjjmoss
  • Love 1

I'm also relieved that Delphine didn't betray the Clone Club again, intentionally. The promo had me worried that, even after Cosima's warning to her last week, she would do something to mess up again. But Delphine had no idea that Rachel was playing her, and I think she was genuinely trying to help Sarah out. 

• Love 4
(edited)
I was 100% sure that was Rachel after her earlier phone call and her creeping over pictures of Sarah and Kira. 

I wish I was as aware as you jjjmoss and anyone else who figured it out, and I guess I should be leery by now, but I totally didn't see that coming. Maybe because she looked EXACTLY like Sarah. At least in ep #10 from last year, I could tell it was Helena as Sarah after a few seconds by the red under her eyes.

I almost forgot about the Dexter shout out from Alison. That was awesome. Her "do we have a boat?!!" made me burst out loud.

So did Rachel deliberately have that pic of that guy on her pc so Delphine could see it?

Edited by Valny
  • Love 2

But Delphine had no idea that Rachel was playing her, and I think she was genuinely trying to help Sarah out. 

Agreed.  Although she's not all that bright, is she?  Wasn't it a little too convenient that Rachel left that box open for her to find?  Doesn't Rachel have an office of her own?  Why does she keep needing to use someone else's?

(edited)

Sarah needs to sic Helena on Dyad. Can I also say that I am so confused about why donating bone marrow is such a huge deal. The drama surrounding a routine procedure felt like they were asking Kira to chop off a leg.

Edited by Grammaeryn
  • Love 2
(edited)

well, tonight's episode went in directions that few had anticipated....holy fuckballs!!

When I saw the final ending scene with Kira waking up in that girly-girl room with Rachel in (though throughly off) her rocker, I kept having flashbacks to the Little House On The Prairie episode when batshit crazy woman kidnapped Laura after losing her dead daughter.

Gonna have to re-watch at midnight before posting in more detail.

LOVED Donnie pwning Angie DeAngelis in the van, though.  Hee!!

Edited by OriginalCyn
  • Love 3
And again I laughed inappropriately during Orphan Black, when Helena "inseminated" Father. I am so going to hell.

I kept cheering for Helena to do it, and then screamed in glee and triumph when she actually went there. The flames were so cheerful and encouraging. I loved it. I guess I'm just going into a deeper pit of hell.

• Love 2
(edited)

...And another episode in which Nail Gun Ken was conspicuously absent. :(

I suspect that's due to shooting Flowers In The Attic and Petals On The Wind which, IIRC, were filmed back-to-back.-- and hey!  In that series, instead of fucking clones, he's fucking a mom and her daughter :P

Edited by OriginalCyn
  • Love 1

For all its dark comedy, I think there was an actual point to the Allison/Donnie developments, because it brought Donnie into the clone fold as a functional assistant. I suspect dealing with Dyad will require "all hands on Clone Deck" before the series ends.

Oddly, it almost seems like Allison and Helena are moving in each other's direction -- Allison is developing quite a skill for homicide (and her crafting skills and compulsive housekeeping refine her new homicidal tendencies, and Helena is exploring her maternal side (although her revenge on "Pa Meddle" is one I won't soon forget!).

• Love 7
(edited)
I actually did not care for Ali/Donnie this week. Aside from their part of the show feeling SO disconnected from the rest of the show, and the grossness of what they find sexy, technically nothing happened to move the plot forward. It was just like The Ali Dark Comedy sketch segment of the show.

I was the opposite because I loved those two tonight. But then, I've always enjoye the comic relief they've always supplied.

I forgot about  Vic's "I hate this garage!"  Ha!

I hope there's no smell from Leekie's body even though they put cement over him.

...And another episode in which Nail Gun Ken was conspicuously absent. :(  

And once again, I didn't even notice or miss him.  Didn't even see him in the finale promos.

Edited by Valny
  • Love 4

Well, damn!  I actually didn't see Rachel being Sarah, until right when it happened.  For a brief second, I actually was wondering what in the hell just happened.  Well done, show.  So, now Kira is in DYAD and Rachel's hands, because Rachel really, really wants a daughter of her own.  Just a bit crazy there, Rachel.

Helena is back and taking no prisoners!  Loved how she got into the face of the midwife (cool that was Tatiana's acting double), helped Mark and Gracie get the hell out of dodge, and, of course, her revenge on Henrik.  Man, did that suck for you, buddy.  You really had no idea what kind of person you were crossing.  And it looks like she burned the compound down as well, but I'm hoping she spared the rest of the children.  Even for someone as crazy and psychotic as her, I don't see her crossing that line.

The Alison and Donnie show cracked me up, as expected.  Loved it when Donnie first suggested they dump Leekie's body in the river, and Alison was just like "We don't even have a boat, Donnie!", and the Dexter reference.  And then, of course, Vic gets involved and just makes everything even crazier.  But, damn!  Donnie stood up tonight!  Watching him go head-to-head with Angie was a sight to see.  Didn't even think about the fact that this is an off the books operation by her.  Does she not have regular cases or something?  A small moment, but when Donnie took their picture, I'm pretty sure Vic did some kind of pose, which is so Vic.  And, of course, all this ends with a crazy sex scene.  When did I start loving this pairing?

Glad it was revealed that Delphine was played, and actually didn't betray the Clones.  I mean, it basically shows that she clearly isn't cut out for the dark stuff, but I'd rather her be naive, then manipulating.  But she does come off like the typical character who is "book smart", but not "street smart."  At least they do have the marrow, so hopefully Cosima will be getting better.

Yeah, I can't wait to see how the finale plays out.  I have to think Sarah and Mrs. S will both be gunning for Rachel big time.  Judging from the previews, Felix is going to be feeling a lot of guilt for being tricked too.  Hope it gets ugly.  As obvious as it would be, I would be so down with Sarah reuniting with Helena, and unleashing that crazy on Rachel and DYAD.  Plus, I really do want to know how someone like Rachel would handle someone like Helena.  Can't wait!

• Love 4

Agreed.  Although she's not all that bright, is she?  Wasn't it a little too convenient that Rachel left that box open for her to find?

I don't think it has anything to do with her being bright or not. She was caught between a rock and a hard place. Was she supposed to assume that Rachel was playing her? If she had made that assumption, not warned Sarah, and something happened to Kira, then that would have gone against her promise to Cosima to "love all" of the clones and to not betray them again. Of course, it turned out that Rachel's ploy all hinged on her (correct) assumption that Delphine would betray the DYAD because of her loyalty to Cosima and the clones.

Delphine is really a damned if she does, damned if she doesn't character.

• Love 2

Oddly, it almost seems like Allison and Helena are moving in each other's direction -- Allison is developing quite a skill for homicide (and her crafting skills and compulsive housekeeping refine her new homicidal tendencies, and Helena is exploring her maternal side (although her revenge on "Pa Meddle" is one I won't soon forget!).

This.  I'm pretty sure we are going to see (maybe next season?) a sincere exploration of nature vs. nurture. The bond the clones have is undeniable, and their ease of loving/protecting Kira seems visceral and easily telegraphed to the audience.  

And I LOVE that Helena knows she has a place with her sestra.  It's adorable. Even from a feral psychopath.   

• Love 2

That episode!  I have so many thoughts swirling through my head that I'm unable to properly express them. The finale is sure to be explosive.

Like others, I giggled with glee when Papa Gross was 'inseminated'.  I'm really worried about all those kids, though.  It looked like more than the barn was burning.  I'm guessing the kids got out, but where will they go?  Also, Mark's turn against Henrik seemed sudden.  They should have brought up his AWOL status in a previous episode because it felt very contrived.  This was a dude who obeyed orders without question up to this point.  Strange plot pacing.  I am glad that Gracie will likely stay in the picture since she's carrying Helena's eggs.  It was excellent that Gracie came to understand Helena when someone else made decisions about her body.  

I worried something would happen with Kira, but I wasn't expecting that.  It worked out well with Rachel's mental berserker spree last episode so we were clued in that her emotionless facade was cracking.  

I've always felt wishy washy with Delphine.  On the one hand, I am glad Cosima has a monitor who is on her side.  On the other hand, her caring nature with Cosima and the clones comes off as an act sometimes.  Delphine is fully aware of how dangerous the DYAD is.  When Sarah impersonated Cosima, she warned Sarah that she could get killed.  Her reaction to the official story of Leekie's death made it appear as though she understood that this so-called heart attack was likely induced.  Delphine's backstory has been all about the science, not like Paul or Sammy where they were military and might have other motives we haven't yet learned.  There's no indication she is there via coercion.  It's hard to shake that she's known the violent nature of DYAD in protecting their science and that she's fully supported it, I guess all in the name of science.  I'm not talking to murky ethics of making clones or monitoring a group of people, but the issue of murder in order to 'protect the project'.  This isn't like Scott who is totally into the science but unaware of the danger the clones face.  His sympathy feels very real because we know that he doesn't know all the facts.  I don't know, I guess that I just have a hard time with Delphine because I want her to be a Scott but instead she's more like a Mark, without the religious crap.  

• Love 4

In the hospitat room, just for a second, "Sarah's" accemt turns into Rachel's. I thought Tatiana had made a mistake because she's playing so many parts, but then it was revealed that it WAS Rachel. I mean, wow, Tatiania is a genius. Why she doesn't already have an emmy sitting on her mantle is a complete mystery to me.

I loved Helena's revenge on creepy cult Baby Daddy. Where all those kids supposed to be his? That little girl Helena bonded with had red hair like Gracie. Just ewww. Also, why would those women want to be a part of some wacked out guy's sperm cult? I don't get it.

Now that the season's almost over, I guess I can officially say that Helena wins Clone MVP for me. I have loved every second of her story this year, and hope she gets to do a lot more next season. I'm so glad they didn't kill her off last season.

• Love 4