Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda Hadid: My Love, My Lemons, My Lyme Disease.

• Start Topic

For Yolanda to admit to having faulty breast implants, would be the same as admitting she needed to have plastic surgery in order to remain young and firm for her husband with the wandering eye. In her mind, that is, I think that's how she sees it. Lyme disease is such a mystery to many people, no one would ever think to question her about what's really going on. And the Lyme disease is the reason they are moving out of the mansion.... not that, perhaps, money isn't rolling in by the bucket loads anymore. She could hire a staff to take care of the place... if they could afford that. But they can't.

It's all falling apart.

• Love 5

The Hollywood Gossip is reporting that Yolanda secretly filmed scenes last month.  It also reported that Yolanda has decided to return to the show part-time.  Maybe we'll get an answer to this Lyme business.  I'm VERY disappointed, though, that Taylor is returning to pick up the slack from Brandi's departure.  I know that Taylor has friends here, but I've never cared for her, and her voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

Edited by Lura
  • Love 7

There's a theory floating around in my head that may or may not have merit, but maybe it sheds just a little light on the lives of Yo, Kim, Brandi, and scores of other Hollywood people. 

Hollywood is a "make believe" town.  Almost its entire business is that of creating stories for the cinema and television.  Awards are even given for the best stories.  It follows, then, that a lot of these peoples' reaction to life experiences is to create a story to make it seem better.

A star runs into a little trouble, and the first thing he/she does is to phone her press agent, saying "I've run into a little problem here.  How do we put a good spin on it?"  (Maybe she doesn't even bother with a press agent.)  In any case, out goes a quick story that turns out to make no sense... and that's when the trouble escalates. Maybe if these stars would stop believing in the power of fiction and think things through based solely on reality, the press would leave them alone in their search for "the real story."  But they never seem to learn.  They go through the routine we're all too familiar with: the retraction of the story, the explanation, the apology, and maybe even a period of lying low until everything settles down. 

These stars could have saved themselves so much time and grief if they'd have dealt with the problem from a standpoint of honesty, but everything is an act. Of course it is!  They've been to school to learn how to act and how to act more convincingly!  Is it any wonder they become all tangled up in their webs of deceit?  They're so convinced that they have the world by the tail that they turn into monkeys who left their common sense under the Hollywood sign.

• Love 4

She could hire a staff to take care of the place... if they could afford that. But they can't.

It's all falling apart.

I could be wrong but I don't think it's a matter of not having enough money to have the house and staff. Whatever her illness, mental or otherwise, she and My Love look to be simplifying their life. I get that. I always scratch my head when watching House Hunters and the 60+ year old empty nestrs buy a 7,000 square foot house on 10 acres. To each their own but Yo and her King are like me and mine. With our lone kid off to college next year, we wanna unload the house and all the stuff and live more simply. Yolanda might just want to get all the staff out of her life and cook chicken in her lingerie if she wants. I get that, too. LOLOL. (No I don't.)

• Love 4

I could be wrong but I don't think it's a matter of not having enough money to have the house and staff. Whatever her illness, mental or otherwise, she and My Love look to be simplifying their life. I get that. I always scratch my head when watching House Hunters and the 60+ year old empty nestrs buy a 7,000 square foot house on 10 acres. To each their own but Yo and her King are like me and mine. With our lone kid off to college next year, we wanna unload the house and all the stuff and live more simply. Yolanda might just want to get all the staff out of her life and cook chicken in her lingerie if she wants. I get that, too. LOLOL. (No I don't.)

I am in the process of sprucing up the big house to unload it as we speak so I can buy something smaller.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 2

19.45 million, quite a come down from the 27 million they were asking.  I think Yolanda essentially built it as a spec house, had the big fancy wedding and basically tried marketing it on Bravo for four years.  I think he bought the lot for six million and they dumped a bunch into building it.  When it first came on the market Real Estate Stalker had many saying it was worth 16 million.  Upkeep and taxes I think they broke even.  great party house-even though we never saw the formal dining room.  Now all that remains to see is who bought it? 

• Love 3

I am stunned, with the traipsing all over the planet for medical care, that somewhere along the way Yo was not asked for and did not provide a complete medical history specifically including any/all prior surgeries. I am further stunned that all those providers saw "breast augmentation" with a date of surgery that far in the past and didn't pursue it, immediately. There is beaucoup documentation of various complications if implants leak when the surgery is recent, let alone when it is nearly ancient history. It just doesn't make sense.

It doesn't make sense if YoFo kept to seeing legit doctors here in the U.S. and elsewhere. Except, she chose to go to clinics such as in Tijuana. Those quacks aren't going to bother asking her if she had implants because it then keeps them from telling her about their voodoo cures and hocus-pocus I.V. miracle cures, which she ends up falling for.

• Love 7

I agree with you, Stewed Squash.  I have no idea about their incomes, but with his career never fading for decades and her Hadid money, I feel that they're pretty secure for life. 

Edited by Lura
  • Love 4

How fleeting the days of innocence, at least for Gigi Hadid.  TMZ has a video showing Gigi, in panties and a bra, auditioning to be a model for a Victoria's Secret fashion show, something that Gigi has dreamed of being since she was a little girl -- or so says the report.  Gigi struts her stuff for some older suit who represents Victoria's Secret.  Here's a link to the story and the video:

http://www.tmz.com/2015/10/30/gigi-hadid-victorias-secret-fashion-show-audition/

• Love 3

Please tell me that after she squatted from excitement that she didn't run over to that older suit, in her bra and panties, and hug him.  Please let it have been a thank you and a handshake.  I'm glad the video cut when it did.  I did not want to see her hug him in all her giggly, jiggly glory.

I like Gigi.  She seems like a nice kid.  I hope the industry doesn't chew her up.  I think she's got a better shot at surviving than most.  She comes from big money and doesn't seem to get too distracted by shiny things.

• Love 6

Funny, ryebread, I had the same thoughts when she dropped to the floor.  Seriously, those young models must run into a lot of male (and female) casting directors nicknamed "Paws," and I hope that Gigi knows how to handle them.  She seems like a fairly mature young woman and has had the help and advice of her mother, but mistakes can be made along the way.

Gigi made me think about my grandma who, in her 90s, would be shocked by some of the low-cut Hollywood gowns shown on TV (and they were nowhere near as low-cut as they are now).  Grandma would have had a hard time understanding Gigi strutting out in her bra and panties.  It's a good thing Grandma is gone now, maybe.  She'd have been saying, "Oh, dear, where is her mother?"-- implying that if her mother were there, Gigi wouldn't be undressed like that!  I don't know what Grandma would have said if I'd told her that Gigi's mother thinks it's all very normal!

Edited by Lura
  • Love 3

From the RHBH Season 6 Trailer it appears the ladies go after Yolanda about having Munchausen’s Syndrome and Brandi tries to defend her. Oh no here we go again now it's Yolanda instead of Brooks?!?

Edited by talula
  • Love 1

I'm not sure that Yolanda has "Munch" Syndrome, but she's definitely focused on herself/her kids/Lyme Disease.  I'm not even sure she HAS Lyme after the breast implant findings.  I do think she had something, mental or physical.  What I seriously think would benefit Yo would be a long rest somewhere.  If David could take her on a long trip to some place quiet, some place where she's never been before, with plenty of opportunity for R and R and fascinating things to see -- or something like that -- maybe it would take her mind off of herself and Lyme.  She seems to me to have some kind of a panic disorder.  For the sake of David and her marriage, I'd think she'd want to get this thing under control, whatever it is.

Edited by Lura
  • Love 9

Why am I now thinking she is a female Brooks?

I am reminded of the I love Lucy when it was Little Ricky's birthday and the parents were in Italy "Hey wadda you know it's a my birthday too" except it's "Hey wadda you know my kids have Lyme disease too!"

He illness and her endless instagramming of it has become tedious to me and I don't really care if she or her kids have it or not.

Based on the trailer preview seems like Evolution is headed in that direction.

• Love 4

I don't think Yolanda has Munchhausen because I don't think she's faking, but I think she's misdiagnosed. Either she's sick from some other illness (maybe as well as the Lyme's, if she ever actually had it), from all the weird alternative treatments or she's a hypochondriac. But whether the problem is physical, mental or menopause, I do believe it's very real to her and that she's convinced that chronic Lyme's is the cause of how she's doing.

The one thing that makes me include hypochondria is the fact that right before the Lyme's she was going through some kind of alternative stem-cell treatment (do I remember that correctly?) because she "broke her back" when she gave birth to Anwar. It came up during the discussion in Ojai, when Brandi got Adrienne to talk on camera about "her" pregnancies. That sounded VERY over the top to me, like she always thinks she's super-specially ill.

As an aside, I'm really wary of some of the treatments mentioned in the trailer. Twenty years ago my aunt was losing the battle with breast cancer, and with three small kids at home wasn't ready to give up the fight. The oncologists had apparently said that with conventional treatment they could only hope to prolong her life a short period. Some quack in Mexico claimed that he could cure her so they used up most of their savings so that she could fly across the world to get her teeth pulled out (to rid her body of the heavy-metals and toxins they probably stored) and purify her body with a liquid herbal diet. She came back home about a month before she died, just skin and bones and no teeth. Pockets a lot lighter.

Yolanda seems to be endorsing this kind of thing, and I could sort of understand it if like my aunt she had an actual proven medical diagnosis and a very short time left to live. But from what I can tell, Yolanda's diagnosis is questionable at best. And her "treatments" are probably just as bad for her as whatever the original cause is.

Edited by Atwood
  • Love 16

Yolanda needs a sit-down with Dr. Phil and The Doctors both at the same time. I think her breast implant leakage is the cause of her maladies, someone convinced her it was Lyme disease and oh, by the way, you'll need all these various treatments from ME and it will cost you thirtyelevenbillion dollars.

• Love 8

Oh yeah, I forgot about the leaky boobs! Whatever the cause, it seems really unlikely that it's Lyme's at this point. But Yolanda is so committed to proving all the "haters" wrong that she won't adjust her course. It's like Lyme's is her whole identity at this point, and if someone takes that away from her (even if they were to cure her in the process) then she'll have nothing left anymore.

• Love 10

Yolanda always says that she'll do "anything" to feel better. I wonder if she would gain 40 pounds if doctors said that'd do it.

I don't think Yolanda has Munchhausen because I don't think she's faking, but I think she's misdiagnosed. Either she's sick from some other illness (maybe as well as the Lyme's, if she ever actually had it), from all the weird alternative treatments or she's a hypochondriac. But whether the problem is physical, mental or menopause, I do believe it's very real to her and that she's convinced that chronic Lyme's is the cause of how she's doing.

This exactly. She believes it is real. As a result, quacks are making an enormous amount of money off of her. The worst part is that she is exposing people to these sham treatments, without any critical discussion. There is a special place in hell for people who take advantage of the sick (physically or mentally) and desperate. I'm sorry to hear what your family, your aunt, and especially her children went through, Atwood.

Like many viewers, I got a bit fatigued of the Brooks story line, but the RH franchise has spent a lot of time--too much time--portraying all sorts of quack treatments as either effective or harmless. It's nice to see some of the BS criticized.

• Love 7

It makes no sense to me that Yolanda would fake a disease for attention. She could get plenty of attention for any number of things that are much more fun than an illness - home and garden design, modeling, travel, volunteer activities, entertaining with her husband, attending events for her kids' careers - so many ways!

• Love 2

It makes no sense to me that Yolanda would fake a disease for attention. She could get plenty of attention for any number of things that are much more fun than an illness - home and garden design, modeling, travel, volunteer activities, entertaining with her husband, attending events for her kids' careers - so many ways!

IMO, Yolanda got addicted to the attention she got being sick. I do believe that she was really sick but that it was from the leaky implants but NOT from CLD. After she started getting tweets about the possibility that her implants were the cause of her illness, she stopped tweeting about how well she was doing AND informed the public that Anwar/Bella also had CLD and have for years. I do believe that Yolanda became addicted to the attention and recognition she got with CLD and is unwilling to admit that her vanity/breast implants were the cause of her illness.

• Love 14

Article about removing Yolanda's silicone implants. One of which had ruptured and spread into surrounding tissue.

Yolanda Foster Removes Breast Implants; May Be Culprit Behind Worsening Chronic Lyme Disease Symptoms

by Reality Tea on August 7th, 2015

--excerpt

After dozens of treatments and trials, the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Yolanda Foster may finally have some answers to her health problems stemming from chronic Lyme disease. It seems her silicone breast implants might have been the culprit behind the extreme symptoms she has had since her 2012 diagnosis.

Yolanda discovered that one of her silicone breast implants had been leaking and she had surgery this week to remove them. She took to Instagram to share a new selfie and note to her followers, “Turn a mess into a message……. We might have hit the jackpot by finding all this silicone from a 20 year old implant rupture through ultrasound mapping as shown in this selfie. Thank you Dr.Feng for holding my hand and leading the way #UncoveringTheMystery #ChronicLymeDisease #ExPlantSurgery @FengClinic #MyHealthJourney #DeterminedToFindACure.”

After she shared the info on Instagram, sources close to Yolanda reached out to TMZ to say that doctors think the leaking silicone was exacerbating her condition. They think removing the faulty implants won’t cure her Lyme Disease (or her Q Fever?) but will keep the symptoms at bay for the most part. She’s reportedly feeling better already.

Since the show is currently filming the new season, it’s entirely possible we’ll be getting a front row seat to Yolanda’s discovery and implant removal on RHOBH.

http://www.realitytea.com/2015/08/07/yolanda-foster-removes-breast-implants-may-culprit-behind-worsening-lyme-symptoms/

Edited by talula
  • Love 3

One more article which informs us that Yolanda's doctors told her that the leaky silicone was "inflaming the symptoms of her chronic illness." The perception given is that her doctors have not backed away from the diagnosis of Chronic Lyme's Disease as causing her symptoms. When her cast members crank up the drama by tossing around other reasons for her illness I wouldn't be surprised if Yolanda nips it in the bud with doctor's reports/tests in binders and even meetings with her doctors to put a stop to her cast member's hypothesize of Münchausen syndrome or hypochondria.

3112f0b5d60a14923226da81334d98f0.jpg?ito

Is Yolanda guilty of posting numerous photos of her with flowers and getting IVs? IMO yes, it's all too much information and comes across as over the top. She further escalates the drama this season by having her mom and children in a scene to go over her last will and testament

(next season's trailer). I know the HW need to bring on the drama, but Yolanda needs a new storyline stat!

Yolanda Foster swears off Botox, nail polish, cosmetic procedures following surgery to remove ruptured silicone implant

BY KIRTHANA RAMISETTI NEW YORK DAILY NEWS - Friday, August 14, 2015, 3:12 PM

-excerpt

According to TMZ, Foster had surgery to remove both of her breast implants, after her doctor told her that the leaky silicone was inflaming the symptoms of her chronic illness.

On Friday, the star provided fans an update on her health with a new selfie in which she looked relaxed and happy during her flight home.

“Homeward bound, grateful and down to the bare bone of the original 1964 model,” she captioned the Instagram photo.

“#NoMoreImplants #NoMoreBotox #NoMoreExstensions(sic) #NoMoreHighlights #NoMoreNailPolish,” she added, along with the hashtag “#ToxicFree.” “Forced to honor my authentic self and respectfully owning it!!!”

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/yolanda-foster-swears-botox-implants-nail-polish-article-1.2326101

Edited by talula
  • Love 3

I don't know what is wrong with Yolanda  just know  I am tired of hearing about one new treatment, cleanse, extreme to the next.  One thing that seems to stay intact is her ability to create  and hold  a grudge.

• Love 9

Maybe she seeks attention from her husband and doesn't receive it, to a degree that satisfies her, for the "ordinary" things listed above. Maybe only "important" things, like medical issues, appear on The King's radar screen.   

• Love 5

Maybe she seeks attention from her husband and doesn't receive it, to a degree that satisfies her, for the "ordinary" things listed above. Maybe only "important" things, like medical issues, appear on The King's radar screen.

There are at least 80 photos documenting Yolanda in bed taking various medical treatments. She has to be getting her whole families attention with her Lymes disease prognosis and it's resulting effects on her health. Her husband David appears sympathetic though his career forces him to leave his family and fly all over the world with various artists. I would guess her health regiment is very costly and they seem to have put their spectacular home up for sale. Who knows maybe he'd like to retire one day but can't due to their lifestyle and her disease? They may have decided to downsize their life to make adjustments for her health and to enable him to slow down and spend more time with Yolanda.

Her health storyline appears to take a devastating turn for the worst when it comes to her fellow cast member's suspicions. Though I wouldn't doubt viewers have also had enough!

24D76C2C00000578-2916326-image-a-1_14216

Edited by talula
  • Love 3

I don't think she is "faking" a disease. I also am a little skeptical of the Munchausen idea. I think that the more likely explanations are that she is a hypochondriac, that she has some psychological problems that are manifesting themselves as physical symptoms (which is ENTIRELY possible and would not mean she is "faking" it--she would still experience the symptoms), or she has some other problem that is misdiagnosed. Or maybe she has or had a long-time eating disorder that is causing fatigue, mental fog, and pain.

My money is psychological problems, maybe with an eating disorder, that are creating some physical problems, and she is to a certain extent encouraged by quack doctors who say, "Yes, you are so very sick! Buy my new cure!" Being sick has now become part of her identity; she seems to enjoy portraying her suffering as noble or brave.

Yolanda doesn't have to be behaving in bad faith for the diagnosis to be questionable.

Edited by lisalionheart
  • Love 13

I have no idea what Yolanda suffers from and I hope she can enjoy stellar health again one day.  I just think you cannot expect co-workers to keep rally around the latest experimental treatment option and then lambaste these folks when they question the unorthodox unsuccessful treatments.   It doesn't help that Yolanda from time to time seems to bounce back for appearances and photos.

This latest round reminds of the movie Batman where they suspected cosmetics were tampered with and all the newscasters were without make up.  This pulling her teeth (why not just have fillings removed?), no hair color or extensions (I can't figure that one out), removal of breast implants, no nail polish, all seems a bit extreme and attention seeking.

I have often wondered if Yolanda does have some form of early on set dementia.  She seems very big on telling us how much brain function she has lost.

Yolanda is on the defensive:

Yolanda Foster Sends Out Passive Aggressive Message After ‘RHOBH’ Trailer

11/7/2015

Yolanda Foster is back on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and she is actually sharing quite a bit on this upcoming season. Some people thought that Yolanda wouldn’t return to the show, because of her lyme disease. She has continued to fight the disease and she is trying just about everything to get healthy again. Despite showing so many struggles, her co-stars are clearly doubting her disease. After the trailer for The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills was released, it is clear that some of Foster’s co-stars are doubting her.

According to a new tweet, Yolanda Foster is now taking a passive-aggressive approach when it comes to her co-stars. While she could have bashed her co-stars on Twitter after the trailer was released, she decided to send out a clear message. “May your life preach more loudly then your lips,” Yolanda tweeted last night along with a heart emoticon.

It sounds like she is slamming gossip and telling her co-stars that while gossip may be fun temporarily, it isn’t something she wants to be known for. And it sounds like there is quite a bit of gossip in Beverly Hills these days. As for Foster, she continues to try just about everything to find a cure and she will share this journey with fans of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.

Plus, Yolanda Foster will film with Brandi Glanville, who has her back regardless of what her co-stars say. It is uncertain who isn’t believing Yolanda, but it could be Lisa Vanderpump, Kyle Richards, Kim Richards, Lisa Rinna or Eileen Davidson, as they have all filmed with her before and know her. It would be odd if the two new housewives decided to join the show and spread rumors about Yolanda.

Read more at http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2015/11/07/yolanda-foster-sends-out-passive-aggre#6ErOT8Q7Kfw7jfuT.99

• Love 2

I wish that I knew Yolanda because without knowing her, I'm stumped.  I do tend to believe that she has, or has had, Lyme disease, based on all of the diagnoses she has received from many, many doctors.  I also think it's possible (no, probable) that the leaking toxicity of the breast implant was making her even sicker.

I am as tired of pictures of Yo with flowers and on gurneys as many other members seem to be.  I hope never to see another one.  The idea of filming a breast implant reversal is hideous to me.  You'd have to want attention very badly to OK the filming of something like that.  It also makes me question Bravo.  It seems they'll include anything as long as it's sensational.

Many of us have suffered for years from extremely painful chronic conditions, yet we don't seek the attention that Yolanda has -- nor would we want it.  We teach ourselves how to smile despite pain, how to stop complaining, and perhaps most important, how to focus on other things despite the pain.  Yolanda reminds me of Don Quixote, tilting at windmills and determined to discover The Cure, the "Impossible Dream."  She is The Woman from La Mancha.  She has embraced her condition so personally that she cannot give it up.  It's her reason for living.  Instead of saying "OK, I've got this, but I'll live with it," she has used it for attention, publicity, and pity.  It has become her purpose in life, her end all and be all.  (And, BTW, I think her lemon "cleanse" is harmful and wacko and should be stopped immediately, but that's another story).

Call it Munchhausen's, hypochondria, depression, or whatever else you wish, IMHO Yolanda could use some real psychological help.  Being sick all the time can cause one's mind to need the help, I'd think.  A good psychiatrist, who is also an MD, could separate the physical illness from the mental thought process.  This might, at least, help her to not be such a burden on everyone else and end this one-track mindset.  I don't like the idea of everyone ganging upon her AT ALL.  They're not the sick ones, and it's unfair.  All Yolanda needs, IMHO, is a GOOD doctor and a long rest away from home where she can relax.

• Love 11

Early dementia and an eating disorder. That's what I've thought for a long time.

Yolanda may well be suffering from brain problems if she's having the abnormalities she talks about. CLD can cause them, I hope it's not early onset Alzheimer's.

Years ago the doctors misdiagnosed my mom as having Alzheimer's when in fact she had mini strokes effecting her.

• Love 1

Didn't Yo's doctor at the Cleveland Clinic surmise as to how many years her implant had been leaking?  I'm a little blurry on that.  In any case, I'd like to know whether the leaking material could have caused some permanent damage to Yolanda's system.  If it's toxic, I would certainly think so, and the chances of repairing that damage and restoring her organs to normal is something else I'd like to know.  If that liquid damaged organs, even to a small extent, Yo will likely never feel as well as she did before the implant began leaking.

• Love 3

Yo originally said she had to travel outside of the US to get a Lyme Disease diagnosis.  I have no idea what the US doctors thought it was.  Plus leaky silicone is only thought by some experts as exacerbating other diseases.  The main problem with leaking is scar tissue building up around the silicone. From what I've read, implants only last around 20 years and most women don't notice the leaking until the scar tissue begins to build up around the implant causing hard breasts.  And it's very important to get the implant out intact or it could travel and scar tissue build up at other sites.  I dunno.

• Love 6

If you Google "silicone poisoning," you will find a feast of returns linking breast implant leaks with a variety of conditions that resemble the descriptions that Yolanda has thus far provided. I am mystified by her vocal renunciation of makeup, nail polish, and other accoutrements; if her problems are attributable to specific causes like a ruptured implant, what difference would some foundation and mascara effect upon how well she feels? All observable evidence - funny how she is capable of cursing out her co-stars, harrumphing over Lisa's hauteur (and seething over her Beyonce-like refusal to endure the pile-on Yolanda herself orchestrated with gratitude for the public upbraiding), and accusing her frienemies' husbands of physical assault irrespective of the "eight-months"long spans of time that she's been sequestered in the attic - suggests psychiatric origins of her narrative but I think there's a marginal chance the answer is environmental. Haven't there previously been instances of entire families mysteriously crumbling physically only to discover that the culprit was mold or hazardous building materials?

• Love 11

If you Google "silicone poisoning," you will find a feast of returns linking breast implant leaks with a variety of conditions that resemble the descriptions that Yolanda has thus far provided. I am mystified by her vocal renunciation of makeup, nail polish, and other accoutrements; if her problems are attributable to specific causes like a ruptured implant, what difference would some foundation and mascara effect upon how well she feels? All observable evidence - funny how she is capable of cursing out her co-stars, harrumphing over Lisa's hauteur (and seething over her Beyonce-like refusal to endure the pile-on Yolanda herself orchestrated with gratitude for the public upbraiding), and accusing her frienemies' husbands of physical assault irrespective of the "eight-months"long spans of time that she's been sequestered in the attic - suggests psychiatric origins of her narrative but I think there's a marginal chance the answer is environmental. Haven't there previously been instances of entire families mysteriously crumbling physically only to discover that the culprit was mold or hazardous building materials?

Great points. This web site has images of what implants-gone-wrong look like:

http://siliconeholocaust.info/info/breast-implant-problems-and-risks

This page shows implants with fungus. Imagine this stuff inside your chest cavity:

http://siliconeholocaust.info/info/siliconeholocaust

Ew.

• Love 2

I think these pictures are excellent from an educational standpoint.  In every case, they show what can happen when something goes wrong with the implant, and they're a strong argument against having the surgery in the first place.  It's one thing to be told what happened to a woman after the implant and its removal, but it's quite another to see the damage.  I'm glad that this is one decision I don't have to make.

Many people in Hollywood have had cheekbone implants and chin implants and all sorts of reshaping of their faces.  I'm wondering about those people and whether or not they, too, should have their implants replaced every 10 years (as this article states).  I would assume that an implant is an implant and that they, too, need to be conscientious about replacing them.  Scary! 

Did anyone notice in the video of Yo pictures, she wears no make-up, even when she's dressed up?  She is one who needs makeup to hide the dark circles under her eyes, etc., but she looks more pitiful without it.  I can't help but think that was planned.  Who would make a sad video like that anyway?

• Love 3

I think these pictures are excellent from an educational standpoint.  In every case, they show what can happen when something goes wrong with the implant, and they're a strong argument against having the surgery in the first place.  It's one thing to be told what happened to a woman after the implant and its removal, but it's quite another to see the damage.  I'm glad that this is one decision I don't have to make.

Many people in Hollywood have had cheekbone implants and chin implants and all sorts of reshaping of their faces.  I'm wondering about those people and whether or not they, too, should have their implants replaced every 10 years (as this article states).  I would assume that an implant is an implant and that they, too, need to be conscientious about replacing them.  Scary! 

Did anyone notice in the video of Yo pictures, she wears no make-up, even when she's dressed up?  She is one who needs makeup to hide the dark circles under her eyes, etc., but she looks more pitiful without it.  I can't help but think that was planned.  Who would make a sad video like that anyway?

I want to respond to your section of post regarding makeup. My ipad won't let me isolate just that part so forgive me on that.

I have a chronic autoimmune disease that I will live with the rest of my life. Just note that my disease has been proven by biopsy so no controversy there. Lol. Anyway, I have found that wearing makeup and presenting myself in a well groomed way makes a huge difference regarding how I feel. When I am in public and people I know see me, they always respond with how well I look. This in turn helps me feel better too.

I guess it is a personal choice but I wonder sometimes if the non-makeup issue plays into Yo's whole idea of how she wants to be perceived. I feel bad even saying this about her because I do feel something is wrong with her but I am not sure she has the correct diagnosis.

Yo seems to take things to the extreme. All those vitamins she was taking and her diet come to mind. The makeup is another along that line, especially for someone who used to make a living being made up. I would understand if she never wore any before so why start now. That isn't the case with her. Maybe she feels like doing these things gives her control over her life in an area where she has lost control. And maybe I am just overthinking things.

• Love 11

Yolanda and Gigi at the Victoria's Secret after party:

http://photos.toofab.com/galleries/2015_victorias_secret_fashion_show__after_party#tab=fab_photos&id=1595731

Click on the arrow and see the next pic as well.

I think Yo looks absolutely fabulous!  She looks so much younger without the fake boobs and bleach job on her hair.  I showed it to my husband, and he wondered who the young model was, standing there with Gigi!  I can't see how she's too sick if she can keep flying to NYC and making appearances, but I'm glad she's well enough to do so.

Edited by Lura

I don't recall ever reading, or hearing her say, she was giving up make-up. She looks great. Aging gracefully in Beverly Hills.  What a concept.  Now THERE'S a cause she should get behind.  Jamie Lee can be the co-chair.

• Love 7

I reread Yo's Instagram and it's true she did not specifically foreswear makeup but she explicitly states that she will no longer indulge in almost every other common cosmetic product: no Botox, no nail polish, and no hair extensions. I am especially befuddled by the last. Additionally, I just have to say that the photographs that she posts of herself convalescing are compositionally almost as thought out as the editorial spreads I once produced for fashion magazines and that they are definitely as considered and studied as the general manner of image that crops up on professional style blogs. She's practically doing odalisque poses in some.

• Love 6

Additionally, I just have to say that the photographs that she posts of herself convalescing are compositionally almost as thought out as the editorial spreads I once produced for fashion magazines and that they are definitely as considered and studied as the general manner of image that crops up on professional style blogs. She's practically doing odalisque poses in some.

For a long while, every Instagram photo she posted from her bed, holding one beautiful bouquet after another - her shirts were always perfectly coordinated to the blooms. Like, she crawled out of bed to change her outfit so the photo was pleasing to the eye. Or maybe, Blonke, the housekeeper was responsible for keeping Yolanda color coordinated. Interesting to me is that once it was discussed here, she stopped doing it every time. Coincidence? Or did Yolanda spend some time during the 1800 months she was laid up reading PTV?

• Love 6

AGGH!  Excuse me, but what's this about Yolanda getting rid of all her fillings?  Or her teeth?  I think I've read every single post in this thread, but I don't remember reading that one.  That's bizarre unless she has some allergy to fillings.  If she really plans on doing this, I'd say she needs mental help even more than I thought.  Cosmetics are full of all sorts of junk, so going without makeup is reasonable if she's determined to, but fillings?  Teeth?  There are allergies to fillings, but she'd have had those when the fillings were put in.  Will someone please tell me that this is a joke?  THANK YOU.