Type keyword(s) to search

Jenelle: Birther Of 3, Mother To None

Everyone knows Ensley does not have Down syndrome. Posts suggesting that she does will be removed and warnings issued. Posts such as these leave the impression that an arguably unflattering picture could somehow be construed as a child being disabled is considered ableist and is against the rules of the board.

• Start Topic

37 minutes ago, OldButHappy said:

This is the type of case that shows how useful a Guardian Ad Litem is.  GALs (called CASA in some jurisdictions) provide the judge with someone who knows all the specifics of a case, and who acts as the child's voice in court.  GAL's are assigned to cases of child abuse/neglect, so if the charges related to Kaiser go to court, it's possible that a GAL could be assigned to the case, and these knuckleheads could be held accountable for all of the issues that other posters have brought up.

I did it when I lived in Florida.  In my experience, social workers were overworked, and were constantly changing - I never worked with just one social worker over the  life of a case.

Guardians also have access to all of the case files and evaluations so can make recommendations based on information/documentation from many locations.

And in my experience, the judge always took my recommendations.  I'm sure that it can vary, depending upon the case (all of the families that I worked with were low income - if a case had a high-powered attorney representing the parents, it might be different). But in my cases, I was the only person who was totally prepared for court.  Going to court is very time-consuming, and police, social workers, and court-appointed attorneys (for the parents) often didn't have the time and resources to make it to the hearings, or to attend court with in-depth knowledge of the case.

And the judge knows that the GAL only cares about the child's welfare.

After the court decision, the GAL also makes sure that all the court-mandated conditions are being implemented.  The court pays attention to any problems that the GAL brings to the judges' attention.

So for people who feel frustrated at how the system works - volunteer!  The need is huge.  And while the training is time-consuming, the rewards can be enormous.  

There is a Casa where I live. I had no clue that's what they did. 

Read ad this article and immediately thought I could easily see this being Jenelle.  

IMG_2859.PNG

• Love 6
1 hour ago, OldButHappy said:

This is the type of case that shows how useful a Guardian Ad Litem is.  GALs (called CASA in some jurisdictions) provide the judge with someone who knows all the specifics of a case, and who acts as the child's voice in court.  GAL's are assigned to cases of child abuse/neglect, so if the charges related to Kaiser go to court, it's possible that a GAL could be assigned to the case, and these knuckleheads could be held accountable for all of the issues that other posters have brought up.

I did it when I lived in Florida.  In my experience, social workers were overworked, and were constantly changing - I never worked with just one social worker over the  life of a case.

Guardians also have access to all of the case files and evaluations so can make recommendations based on information/documentation from many locations.

And in my experience, the judge always took my recommendations.  I'm sure that it can vary, depending upon the case (all of the families that I worked with were low income - if a case had a high-powered attorney representing the parents, it might be different). But in my cases, I was the only person who was totally prepared for court.  Going to court is very time-consuming, and police, social workers, and court-appointed attorneys (for the parents) often didn't have the time and resources to make it to the hearings, or to attend court with in-depth knowledge of the case.

And the judge knows that the GAL only cares about the child's welfare.

After the court decision, the GAL also makes sure that all the court-mandated conditions are being implemented.  The court pays attention to any problems that the GAL brings to the judges' attention.

So for people who feel frustrated at how the system works - volunteer!  The need is huge.  And while the training is time-consuming, the rewards can be enormous.  

My friend's boyfriend is a CASA volunteer, and I've wanted to volunteer.  You have inspired me to get off my butt and apply.  Thanks!

• Love 16
5 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

My personal grammar pet peeves are the use of "less" instead of "fewer," and "amount" instead of "number," with count nouns. Drives me crazy, and not only do I read/hear these misused by yokels like Jenelle et.al., but I've heard/read professional journalists misuse them, too.

Example: (Jenelle) "I'm having less fights with David than I did with Nathan." WRONG.

"I'm having fewer fights with David than I did with Nathan." RIGHT! (Well, grammatically, anyway...)

OR

(Jenelle) "Without my mother and father there, the amount of people at my wedding will be smaller than I'd hoped." WRONG.

"Without my mother and father there, the number of people at my wedding will be smaller than I'd hoped." RIGHT! (But. you. didn't. invite. them.)

Another one is "could care less" when it's "couldn't care less." If you "could" care less, then you're admitting you DO care a little. But if you're trying to convey that there is no possibility of caring at all, then you "could not ('couldn't') care less".

Example: "I couldn't care less what Jenelle's excuses are for neglecting her children and turning a blind eye to how David treats them. She needs to put her kid's safety and well-being FIRST."

Need some extra cash? Always on the lookout for a good book editor! ?

• Love 4

I wonder if there are failure to protect laws in Jenelle's state. Even if her children witnessed her being abused, they can be removed. Some people say it punishes victims of domestic violence but in this instance, those laws make sense.

I also hate when people say, "so and so and me" when it should be "so and so and I". However, less and fewer will always confuse me. I just looked it up and now I'm even more confused!

Edited by Soobs
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Soobs said:

However, less and fewer will always confuse me. I just looked it up and now I'm even more confused!

It's "less" if you're talking about an amount (less sugar) and "fewer" if you're talking about a number, such as fewer cars.  In other words, if you could count the thing you're talking about, you say "fewer."  

But there are only about fifteen of us who still care about this.  

• Love 16
13 hours ago, Mkay said:

Sorry in advance  for the offense reply.  

Too bad he didn’t do that to Jenelle —  then she wouldn’t have gotten pregagnt with the Endtable they neglect. 

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 8
23 hours ago, druzy said:

It's funny how Jenelle looks just like Diane Downs and Tori looks just like Misty Croslin from the missing child Hayleigh Cummings case.  I don't know if you're all familiar with that case and I don't know how to post Croslin's picture but Tori looks just like her.  She was suspected of killing the little girl and is now in prison for drug trafficking. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Need some extra cash? Always on the lookout for a good book editor! ?

Always! But I make mistakes, too. I have my own little "blind spots." You see, I absolutely HATED studying grammar in school (if you asked me to diagram a sentence right now I. could. not. do. it.). I only managed to get by (and get good grades) because I've always been a voracious reader; I catch mistakes when something doesn't "sound right" in my head. But there are certain things that trip me up; when I come across one of those I either look it up or consult with my daughter. (Luckily, her strengths are my weaknesses and vice-versa). Oddly enough, the older I get the more I question whether I am writing something correctly. But at least that's a good sign I do question some things; it looks like Jenelle doesn't recognize she's even making mistakes so she'll probably be completely unintelligible by the time she's my age...

Wanna discuss "saw" versus "seen"?

• Love 5

I just want to thank all of you and your significant others who volunteer with CASA. The national philanthropic cause the sorority I joined in college was/is Court Appointed Special Advocates. We did a lot of fundraising for CASA as an undergrad chapter and learned a lot about what they did/do.

I really hope Jenelle's kids end up with a CASA volunteer/GAL and the courts have to look what is going on over at The Land of Lost Children.

• Love 14

I think Ensley looks like what David would like with a normal shaped lower face/jaw  (I hope that makes sense LOL).

She does seem to have Jenelle's ears, though, just like Jace.

I'd never noticed how much larger one of David's eyes is than the other......

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 5

Yeah, she's reminiscent of Jace, but with David's eyes. 

You know how Watson has those big ole baby cheeks that a lot of babies have, but grow out of? David's cheeks look like he didn't grow out of it in that picture.

Edited by CaliforniaLove
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

UBT is on probation. I know what he said and did back in July doesn't affect him now, but would getting a visit from CPS be considered a violation of probation? I hope Jace or at least Maryssa says something that would put that dick behind bars.

Wouldn't pissing dirty (weed) be a probation violation? No matter if there's a doctor's note or not?

• Love 4
4 hours ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

Wouldn't pissing dirty (weed) be a probation violation? No matter if there's a doctor's note or not?

It wasn’t probation’s urine test - so he avoided a violation.  

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Maharincess said:

It's funny how Jenelle looks just like Diane Downs and Tori looks just like Misty Croslin from the missing child Hayleigh Cummings case.  I don't know if you're all familiar with that case and I don't know how to post Croslin's picture but Tori looks just like her.  She was suspected of killing the little girl and is now in prison for drug trafficking. 

I agree. Tori looks like Misty Croslin!

tori.jpg

tori2.jpg

Edited by druzy
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, AmandaUnbidden said:

"for my wife and I," which I heard come out of the mouth of David Remnick, the editor of The New Yorker.  It's wrong, but an alarming number of people are doing it, and not all of them are uneducated or idiots or under 30.

That phrase varies by usage.  "That kind of house would be wrong for my wife and me" is correct.  "My wife and I will attend the opera" is also correct, unless you hate opera.  

11 hours ago, Susie Derkins said:

That poor kiddo doesn't have a chance when it comes to the lower facial characteristics of her parents. It's either mom's pointy witch chin or dad's infected molar looking cheeks. Gah!

Jenelle looks exactly like her mom in the top photo.  With the exception of The Roll, it's like men do not contribute to the children's genetics in this family.    

• Love 3

Seriously, how easy would it have been for Jenelle to not fight about the birthday party by saying, "I'm working on it".  Done....no fight!  Or maybe a couple more questions from Barb, but just keep saying yes, working on it.  She doesn't want to get along with anyone but David.

I'd LOVE to see 11th Street Productions drop Jenelle.  I'll give them a little credit, they are showing the crazy stuff going on and at least until this week haven't given in to their demands to not air it.  I don't think she deleted her Twitter over the therapy stuff, I think she knew the storm of comments was coming.

And blaming the editing is so funny.  That scene with the "save the date" shoot was daily life happening all around them.  No editing involved.  Unless she meant that they should have edited the kids out of it and just showed those crazy lovebirds kissing on the fence post all happy and blissful!  Just like David said when questioned about the fighting, "no...there ain't no fightin' going on here".

• Love 19
12 minutes ago, Bblack3 said:

And blaming the editing is so funny.  That scene with the "save the date" shoot was daily life happening all around them.  No editing involved.  Unless she meant that they should have edited the kids out of it and just showed those crazy lovebirds kissing on the fence post all happy and blissful!  Just like David said when questioned about the fighting, "no...there ain't no fightin' going on here".

I think the editing she is referring to is when MTV inserted "feed me" during Kaiser's crying and yelling scene. That seemed to be the only thing she latched onto during her argument on Instagram. She wasn't fazed at all about the rest of the scene such as when David went after Kaiser or how she ignored her child as he cried. There was no editing involved regarding the texts Kristen and the photographer rattled off and none were involved the fighting since the crew was not allowed inside the house. Jenelle and David lied about the fight ever happening. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, druzy said:

This is interesting. I think Jenelle is calling Ryan and telling him not to sell stories.

calls.png

And David is probably recording it all like he does with Barbara. 

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, Mkay said:

And David is probably recording it all like he does with Barbara. 

He is probably the one sending those texts to Ryan. If not, he is standing over Jenelle and telling her what to text. 

• Love 8

Forgot to add...I wish when Kristin (?) was asking about the fight the day before, I wish she would have brought up "well, you said you were going to call the cops to have us removed yesterday, so something must have been up".  But I know David would have blown his stack and they'd all probably be hurt.  Don't poke the crazy I guess.

• Love 20
10 hours ago, AmandaUnbidden said:

I was always taught that how you figure out the correct word to use is you remove the other subject and see if it still sounds right. For example, David and I are raving lunatics. If you remove David in the sentence, then you have I am a raving lunatic. Whereas if you said me and David but took out David in that instance the sentence wouldn't work. Me is a raving lunatic. 

This is exactly how I do it. No one is perfect and there was such a prevalence of people insisting that "And I" is the only way to do it, that I think people legitimately became confused. So that's how I've been teaching my kids (I homeschool). I will correct them by taking the other person out of the sentence and they laugh at how silly it sounds. 

16 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

He is probably the one sending those texts to Ryan. If not, he is standing over Jenelle and telling her what to text. 

Exactly. I remember well how he used to text Nathan from Jenelle's phone. 

• Love 12

When he said he'd call the cops, she should have said, "Good idea." and called herself.  Or at least waited to see if they showed up.  Barb has done it and gotten a wellness-check on Jenelle and kids.  Kristen is an ass though.  If she was so scared outside by a few texts, imagine what things were like inside.  

• Love 19
3 minutes ago, MissMel said:

When he said he'd call the cops, she should have said, "Good idea." and called herself.  Or at least waited to see if they showed up.  Barb has done it and gotten a wellness-check on Jenelle and kids.  Kristen is an ass though.  If she was so scared outside by a few texts, imagine what things were like inside.  

Exactly! Especially since Kristen and the photographer were not trespassers. They were INVITED to be there that day to work on the property. 

• Love 14

The look on David's face when he told Kristen to focus on the "good" things was pretty scary. It seemed like a veiled threat. 

Reminded me of when they took Jace from the Reunion without Barb's permission and he gave them the "countdown" to get away from the Uber. They ignored that request too.

The guy gets scarier with every episode. At least Nathan has roids and PTSD to blame.

Jenelle sure does know how to pick em!

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Jennifersdc said:

The look on David's face when he told Kristen to focus on the "good" things was pretty scary. It seemed like a veiled threat. 

Reminded me of when they took Jace from the Reunion without Barb's permission and he gave them the "countdown" to get away from the Uber. They ignored that request too.

The guy gets scarier with every episode. At least Nathan has roids and PTSD to blame.

Jenelle sure does know how to pick em!

He is a very scary and dangerous person. As if we didn't already know this. Criminal records were enough to be a red flag about this guy. 

If David is so non-chalant about making veiled threats to a producer on camera, you know there is far more going on behind closed doors when it is just Jenelle and the kids. He also said it knowing there was a male producer in the kitchen. You can see him trying to hide from the camera as David stormed off saying he had to go to the hardware store. He is the same guy who was shown in the scene with the camera when Kaiser was being manhandled by David.

The veiled threat reminded me of skeevy Matt telling that female producer he didn't care if she needed to give a blow job, she better not let the wedding chapel scenes air. 

As far as Nathan, we don't know if the PTSD and steroids are to blame. He could have been this crazy before those two things affected him. PTSD may just heighten his pre-existing anger and the steroids just make it worse. 

• Love 18
4 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

He is a very scary and dangerous person. As if we didn't already know this. Criminal records were enough to be a red flag about this guy. 

If David is so non-chalant about making veiled threats to a producer on camera, you know there is far more going on behind closed doors when it is just Jenelle and the kids. He also said it knowing there was a male producer in the kitchen. You can see him trying to hide from the camera as David stormed off saying he had to go to the hardware store. He is the same guy who was shown in the scene with the camera when Kaiser was being manhandled by David.

The veiled threat reminded me of skeevy Matt telling that female producer he didn't care if she needed to give a blow job, she better not let the wedding chapel scenes air. 

As far as Nathan, we don't know if the PTSD and steroids are to blame. He could have been this crazy before those two things affected him. PTSD may just heighten his pre-existing anger and the steroids just make it worse. 

I'm being generous (not like me) and giving Nathan the benefit of the doubt in this case. 

David just seems really off. And I thought ya'll were maybe exaggerating a little when he first appeared on the scene. Despite the court records (which certain accusations now seem very feasible). Bad Jen! 

Sayanora Matt! At least in that case I didn't get a creepy potential physical threat vibe (not that Matt wasn't incredibly creepy - ew).

Edited by Jennifersdc
Switched two words being more attentive to grammar. Thanks Stannis!
  • Love 2

Nathan's drugs of choice are alcohol and 'roids, which exacerbate his existing rage. I think David must be using as well, which makes him worse than he probably "normally" (lol as if there's a normal for these people) is. Coke is my guess. Wasn't there a blind item about that a while back?

PS I still somehow hate Matt slightly more than any of these people. I don't think I have ever been so creeped out by anyone on any show.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

I still somehow hate Matt slightly more than any of these people. I don't think I have ever been so creeped out by anyone on any show.

Wasn't Matt just kind of a standard lying loser sleazeball, trailing a lot of children?  What made him particularly gruesome?  

• Love 3

Matt was extremely creepy and scary in his own way, There may not have been physical violence, but he was sure as hell gaslighting the hell out of Amber.  The trail of children he left behind is disgusting. He ranks at the bottom of the list with Adumb, Nathan, and David. 

One thing Matt, Adumb, Nathan, and David all have in common is using slurs such as f*ggot.  

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 11
10 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

Wasn't Matt just kind of a standard lying loser sleazeball, trailing a lot of children?  What made him particularly gruesome?  

See all the above.

Edited to add also see the time Amber was miked in their hotel lobby and he wasn't at their Reunion debacle. He asked her to forgive Daddy. Ew. Ew. Ew.

Creepy. Really creepy. I can see gruesome applying too with Halloween coming up. 

Edited by Jennifersdc
  • Love 6