Type keyword(s) to search

Kim Richards: No Escape from Witch Mountain

• Start Topic

I haven't  figured out the toys.

I picture her surrounded by stuffed animals doing her own version of group.

Although a stuffed Lucy Van Pelt is going to kick her ass if Kim doesn't pony up that nickel........

• Love 11

I picture her surrounded by stuffed animals doing her own version of group.

Although a stuffed Lucy Van Pelt is going to kick her ass if Kim doesn't pony up that nickel........

Great.  Now I'm picturing a Dr. Drew doll with a sad panda face.  And Kim sticking needles into her Dr. Phil voodoo doll.

• Love 9

Even when Kim was not using she was in no way thinking sober...she may just ever get "it" although jail might help.

Kyle has "detached with love" as they say in ALANON. 

So glad we will not be subjected to the train wreck that is Kim Richards next season.

• Love 4

Your posts have been my inspiration quite a few times so this one's for you....

kim%20escape%20target_zpswrlusfri.jpg

You are fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimmy? I unfriend you, to uphold JAMES freaking Spader's honor. That's like Nick calling Michael Baldwin Mike. I am going to have to go rest on the bed for several hours.

Kim calls him Jimmy. . . not me.  I wonder if they  RD or JS even remember her.  I agree blasphemy to call James Spader --Jimmy.

• Love 1

Great.  Now I'm picturing a Dr. Drew doll with a sad panda face.  And Kim sticking needles into her Dr. Phil voodoo doll.

I think what they (the family) aren't saying about Kim is she probably has a fairly serious mental illness diagnosis and/or alcohol related dementia.  She seems to have little awareness for the consequences of her actions.  I kind of blame Kathy Hilton and her carryover form her mom to protect the family secrets.  Kyle gets a lot of crap for being relatively open, maybe due to being on a reality show, but at least she comments on the elephant in the room.  Kyle followed the Kathy/Kim model and let Kim tell her own distorted story and paid dearly for the accusations.  Now the world is seeing the Kim the family has always had to deal with and placate.  Good luck to her children.

Anybody find it odd her BFF Brandi hasn't chimed in?  Brandi is out of ways to get publicity so I am surprised she didn't take Kim along on her girls' night out with Carlton.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2310290/bravo-star-brandi-glanville-responds-to-kim-richards-arrest-tweet-what-did-the-rhobh-star-say/

ETA-Brandi has sort of  chimed in.  I find it interesting she is returning to filming this winter-doesn't the show usually stop filming in October and begins airing in November.  If someone is going to make stuff up at least make it believable.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 5

Anna, YOU are THE PHOTOSHOP QUEEN of PTV!

This is your best yet!

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 6

I haven't  figured out the toys.

Nobody has, not even Kimmy.

Good sister Kathy is reaping what she has sewn. She's finding out she can't buy sobriety, mental health, or character. Glad she is taking the brunt of it now.

Love how Kyle is just keeping silent and out of it, I'm sure she has "a kind of peace" with the vindication, I wonder if she has gotten counseling for herself.  Good for you Kyle, you were dammed if you did, and dammed if you didn't by Kim and Kathy. Concentrate on your husband and kids, enrich their lives because all you will get from your sisters is a slap in the face and lack of support.

• Love 8

Despicable kim!

I'm havin' a bad, bad day

It's about time that I get my way

Steam rollin' whatever I see,

Huh, despicable me

I'm havin' a bad, bad day

If you take it personal that's okay

Watch, this is so fun to see

Huh, despicable me

• Love 5

So, Kim is currently "house-hopping," staying with one friend for a night or two and moving on to someone else's place.  Pray tell, who are all of these friends who are willing to have an alcoholic, drug-addicted, mentally ill person stay with them?  They must be exceptional friends to have her as a guest.  I'd think they prayed a "thank you" when the jail put Kim up for a night.  To be completely honest, with Kim in her current state of non-recovery, I'd be afraid to have her on my premises.  Who knows what she might do?  I can't imagine how her kids are dealing with all of this publicity. They must be mortified.  I hope they've all been through enough of this with their mom that they've grown hardened to the situation and can shrug their shoulders and say, "That's Mom," and carry on.

• Love 2

Back to Kim. I can't figure out if Kim had the toys because she delusionally thought her kids were that young or if she's staying with someone who has young kids and she's trying to ingratiate herself.

I was going to reply to this by saying my guess is that the toys or stuffed animals were probably just covering up more expensive or incriminating stuff underneath, and then there's AnnA's illustration:

A picture's worth a thousand words!

• Love 6

The toys have me stumped.   Seriously what could she have been thinking?  If, in fact, they were toys.   I could see, as a possible scenario, that before Brooke left on her 1 year anniversary trip, she told Kim she was expecting, or trying to get pregnant.  Kim, in her delusional thinking, heads to Target and loads up on toys to fill the apt before they get back.    Maybe the Target employee didn't hear her yell "charge it to FatBurger" on her way out.   ;-)

• Love 1

I was going to reply to this by saying my guess is that the toys or stuffed animals were probably just covering up more expensive or incriminating stuff underneath, and then there's AnnA's illustration:

Agree.  Maybe I am giving Kim too much credit for being capable of forethought but this is what I am thinking as well.  A cart or multiple carts of toys with other items mixed in might not catch as much attention and possibly suspicion as carts full of electronics, jewelry, and booze or whatever, without the toys.  Of course, as others have pointed out, there's money in reselling kids items like toys and clothes.  Also, there's a high in stealing like that, so perhaps it was more about the feeling she gets from the experience.  I don't know, man, the women is like an onion -- we just keep peeling back stinky layer upon stinky layer.  There's no core. 

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 7

Thank you.  I'm glad you all enjoy my cartoon snark.

The HWs and your posts keep feeding my Photoshop addiction.

Thanks again to GreatKazu for reminding me about Kim's great escape.  LOL

• Love 5

So, my take is that she was totally hammered at Target, was walking through the store just randomly putting things in the cart (as we all do at Target), but things got a little out of hand because she was wasted and not thinking clearly.  

She pulled her carts to the bathroom to pee, because let's face it, drinking makes you have to pee, and came out and saw her carts.  She in her drunken stupor thought she paid and proceeded out of the doors. 

Right? That's how it happened?  How else did she think she was going to get away with shoplifting carts-worth of stuff???

• Love 5

So, my take is that she was totally hammered at Target, was walking through the store just randomly putting things in the cart (as we all do at Target), but things got a little out of hand because she was wasted and not thinking clearly.  

She pulled her carts to the bathroom to pee, because let's face it, drinking makes you have to pee, and came out and saw her carts.  She in her drunken stupor thought she paid and proceeded out of the doors. 

Right? That's how it happened?  How else did she think she was going to get away with shoplifting carts-worth of stuff???

Well if that's what they tell the judge you'll know Kimmy is reading the boards.

• Love 4

Hang on, there are states that won't allow grocery stores to sell alcohol? The hell? I'm in Cali and Targets definitely sell alcohol. Rite Aids do too.  

You guys, we've been calling this shit for years. One of the many sad things about this is that this still isn't rock bottom for Kim. 

It's awful and I agree with those that as scary and unfortunate as it is, this really doesn't seem like it's going to end well. I think she is legit in an emergency situation and somebody needs to take control before she goes off of the cliff for good. 

Monty? You aren't helping! Not at all. Saying he thinks it's all a mistake? JFC, get real already. 

No shit that Kyle and Mauricio have been propping up Kim's house of cards for years now. 

I know it isn't fair on the kids but I think they should step in only because they just might have the best chance of being able to convince Kim that she's going to kill herself with the way she's going and she might end up hurting other people too if she continues to drive in the condition I'm positive she's driving in. 

This woman is a menace. It isn't a joking matter (even as I admittedly giggle about various comments) and this isn't the end of the story. Unless she gets real help I see something worse happening before anything gets better. The entire family should be scared as hell. Too many incidents in the span of a single year to not thinks she's headed for a terrible fall.

• Love 11

Did she call James Spader Jimmy or was it when she was talking about Jimmy Nichols? I seriously am irritated and don't remember her saying this. I do remember Nichols being on the HW show. Full disclosure I am weird about Spader. 

You are right she does speak of and even sees at Jimmy McNichol at The Hollywood Show.  

I just remembered the blind item posted a few pages back and that makes me think, if true, then it’s possible that shoplifting is just another way she maintains her "high" and she’s been doing it most of her life.   Only this time, her behavior and notoriety have caught up with her and she can’t talk/buy her way out of it.

We’ve previously discussed Kim not being picky about the drugs she uses and I think she’s just a plain adrenaline junkie.   Besides the booze and pills, it seem like doing things like shoplifting, stalking people in bushes with disguises on, race car driving, binge shopping, partying, gambling (poker), and probably any number of other risky behaviors give her a rush that she becomes addicted to.  Some people have addictive personalities where they seek a high from just about anything and everything. 

I think we all want her to “get it” and deal with herself and her issues, but the sad thing is that for many addicts, there is no bottom for which they hit and then realize they want/need to change.  Some live their whole lives this way, and at depths which most cannot fathom being able to sustain.   There’s absolutely nothing anyone can do as long as that person wants to stay down.  If she’s too far gone mentally, then her family might be able to get her held temporarily until professionals can determine if she needs long term care, but that’s easier said than done.  And even then, as I said in a previous post, that doesn’t mean she’s ever going to be consciously accepting of her situation or willing to change herself.   We're only privy to a tiny fraction of her behavior and mindset, so she might not even be capable of that, who knows.  

It’s such a sad situation and so frustrating for everyone who can only watch but who are helpless to “fix” it for her.  I’m relieved to hear that Kyle, for whatever reasons, is apparently taking a step back.  I can only imagine how painful that has been, but for her and her family’s sake, I’m glad she’s doing it.

This whole thing reminds me of a passage from one of my favorite and personally inspiring books, “Konx Om Pax”:

"So to get the noise out of my head, I took the little whip and whipped myself till all my blood poured down over everything, and I saw the whole house like a cataract of foaming blood rushing headlong from the flaming and scintillating Star of Fire that blazed and blazed in the candescent dome, and everything went red before my eyes, and a great flame like a strong wind blew through the House with a noise louder than any thunder could possibly be, so that I couldn't hold myself hardly, and I took up the sharp knives of the machines and cut myself all over, and the noise got louder and louder, and the flame burnt through and through me, so that I was very glad when my Prince said: You wouldn't think it, would you, sweetheart? But there are lots of people who stay here all their lives."

• Love 5

IMO, with each one of these incidents, the likelihood of Kim being found dead , sooner rather than later, increases.

I realized that I can't "like" this comment but I agree with it 100%. 

I am genuinely concerned about this woman and I just hope there's still somebody who is capable of getting through to her before it's too late. Her children and sisters in particular must be terrified. 

I think what's blowing my mind is how sharp and fast this most recent downward spiral is. I feel like there's something else at play here apart from addiction in that she's mentally not right at this time and that it's not just the drugs. I'm guessing that she's depressed about how everything is with herself and her family. In comparison to the others she has to feel like a complete wreck. Even when her children are in good places (happily married, enjoying college) there's a bittersweetness to it all with her like she's sort of happy but she'd be happier if she had something meaningful going on her own life. 

In some ways, even now, Kim is still a lot more fortunate than many people and even though she's pissed away advantage after advantage, she's at least had these options and opportunities that some people never even have whether it's their own fault or not. At the same time, I feel like this woman barely has anything positive going on in her life and I think who wouldn't be depressed as fuck to be Kim Richards? Kim is the sort of woman who makes Brandi Glanville seem sane and tolerable. 

I'd be willing to bet that Eileen and the Lisas all feel horrible for Kim not that Kim would care. 

• Love 3
I'd be willing to bet that Eileen and the Lisas all feel horrible for Kim not that Kim would care.

I'd like to think that you're absolutely right about this feeling, Avaleigh, and you may be.  I'm not sure that I would take it quite that far, though (which doesn't make me right).  I have a feeling that if any of the HWs have compassion for Kim, it would probably be Eileen.  The others, while publicly saying, "What a shame!", are personally not caring in the least what happens to Kim.  And that might be understandable.  They have put up with having to interact on camera and otherwise with Kim drinking and on drugs for so long that they're simply relieved to have her gone -- period!  What happens next with Kim (and Brandi) is of no concern to them.  It would be interesting and revealing to be able to read their minds, wouldn't it?  :)

Edited by Lura
  • Love 2

I would think Rinna might have normal sympathetic feelings a little but not much. Kim went after her husband and that affects her kids and was all kinds of awful to her. Rinna was sticking her nose in but Kim's reaction was spiteful so I don't see much love loss there. Eileen, maybe, but I think Kyle backed off because her husband finally said "enough". The kid was injured and that would make me crazy. And this bitch didn't even care. That was horrible and showed a lot about who she is to me.

I would say Kim started using in the 70's and that means four decades of non-stop heavy drug use and drinking. I would bet she's got some brain damage and maybe even some dementia. Sad but she did this to herself. If she weren't so nasty, I'd feel worse. But she is so I don't care that much. But watching any human run toward death isn't fun. It would be nice if she picked herself up but she won't.

The adrenaline thing is true, I'm sure. It would explain her "great love" as he was a guy with a criminal record, right? He was murdered. That would fit the profile. She doesn't need a reality show. She is one. But, thank god, we can just hear about it but not watch it. Breaking Bonaduce went there and that train wreck was enough.

Edited by Roxy
  • Love 9

So, Kim is currently "house-hopping," staying with one friend for a night or two and moving on to someone else's place.  Pray tell, who are all of these friends who are willing to have an alcoholic, drug-addicted, mentally ill person stay with them?  They must be exceptional friends to have her as a guest.  I'd think they prayed a "thank you" when the jail put Kim up for a night.  To be completely honest, with Kim in her current state of non-recovery, I'd be afraid to have her on my premises.  Who knows what she might do?  I can't imagine how her kids are dealing with all of this publicity. They must be mortified.  I hope they've all been through enough of this with their mom that they've grown hardened to the situation and can shrug their shoulders and say, "That's Mom," and carry on.

Most likely booze-swilling, drug-using people she knows from the Polo Lounge. :)

• Love 6

But if she broke the terms, listed above, they wouldn't just ad rehab would they? Wouldn't it negate, revoke, the plea deal and she would face stiffer penalties? Like JAIL? Which would, maybe, be more of a rock bottom for her. Rehab does not work for her, I don't care how long she stays there.

Sorry...I think that was an old article with a new date...her court date was July 16th.

I agree adding 2000 days of rehab will not help...she's lost down the rabbit hole IMO.

The Fight To Save Kim: Richards Facing Mandatory Rehab Stint From Judge — Will She Go?

Posted on Aug 7, 2015 @ 3:39AM

RADAR On-line

TYPO--The article says the court date is July 16th...wonder if that should have been August 16th?

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/kim-richards-rehab-family-judge-shoplifting-arrest/

Kim Richards‘ desperate family is depending on the court to save her life. RadarOnline.com has learned that her relatives, including sisters Kyle and Kathy Hilton, are hoping a judge orders the reality star to yet another rehab after her second arrest on suspicion of shoplifting.

...the judge “will order her to rehab as part of a plea deal drawn up by her attorney Robert Shapiro and the district attorney. The terms of the deal they initially agreed upon included three years of probation, 30 days in jail or 30 days community labor, and 52 Alcoholics Anonymous meetings. This had all been agreed upon before her latest arrest, and the DA is more than likely to add an additional term of rehab for at least 90 days.”

Edited by talula

I don't doubt that Kim would sometimes have alcohol in a coffee container of some kind, but when Kim admitted to that one "trick" and Kyle agreed and made it seem like Kim is/was this slick and crafty bitch when it comes to hiding her addictions it just seemed so disingenuous to me at the time. I get that Kyle was covering, but with Kim it seems like she's so used to people accepting her excuses that it's like she really does think that she's successfully getting away with shit as opposed to people simply being too exhausted from her lies and bullshit to challenge her anymore.

• Love 7

I don't doubt that Kim would sometimes have alcohol in a coffee container of some kind, but when Kim admitted to that one "trick" and Kyle agreed and made it seem like Kim is/was this slick and crafty bitch when it comes to hiding her addictions it just seemed so disingenuous to me at the time. I get that Kyle was covering, but with Kim it seems like she's so used to people accepting her excuses that it's like she really does think that she's successfully getting away with shit as opposed to people simply being too exhausted from her lies and bullshit to challenge her anymore.

I agree.  It's very common for people who are on drugs or under some form of mental delusion to think that they are playing it cool and fooling everyone with their lies and sleight of hand tricks when trying to divert attention or cover their tracks.  They don't/can't realize that it's often very obvious to everyone else what's up, especially, imo, because they often "over-correct" themselves and come across as exaggerated and over-the-top (e.g When drunk people will start yelling or whispering during normal conversation because they can't control voice modulation or when someone who is delusional makes up unrealistic explanations or their story keeps changing as they are telling it).   

And this is what always pinged my bullshit meter when she'd grandstand about how sober she was and how she was working on herself.  You learn, when you're in recovery/therapy, that your perception of reality, especially of yourself, isn't very reliable when you're drunk or high or in a state of psychosis or whatever.  So, it's important, like when Kim "slipped" and took a 100% pain pill, to ask for and accept feedback on behavior in order to further understand and correct oneself, moving forward.  She didn't do any of that.  She didn't want to hear it.   Same with Brandi, really -- she never wanted to hear from others and take into consideration, their experiences of her while she was drunk/high, because that would contradict the story she was telling herself in her head.  

• Love 8

The only reason Kim's family would request a 5150 is because of the media backlash.    I can easily see Kathy still enabling her, just trying to keep her from any more serious trouble and keep a lid on things.    Kim's probably blathering on and on about a wrong prescription, big misunderstanding, how mean people are to her.   They all know her cushy rehab doesn't work, so why bother.    Monty is off with his other ex-wife, and the last thing she needs is to have to deal with Kim.     The judge will look at her previous 30 day rehab as having completed that portion of the plea agreement - the tricky part is going to be the weekly AA meetings.  Maybe the toys were part of the community service thing she was going to have to serve.    Who know, but until she wants a better/different life, nobody can make her.    She wants to keep living off others, do what she wants, and take no responsibility.   

Brooke is stuck in a tough spot.  Her dad is delusional about Kim, so she doesn't have his support to hold firm against Kim.  Poor Kimberly seems to be the one with a softer heart, but the good thing is she has huge support from her dad, so maybe he can convince her that she can't make it better for her mom.  And, Chad has his own bag of crazy.   I can see him taking a hard line, but only if asked.  

• Love 5

but I think Kyle backed off because her husband finally said "enough". The kid was injured and that would make me crazy. And this bitch didn't even care. That was horrible and showed a lot about who she is to me. 《CREDITED to Roxy》**

☆ EXACTLY !!

But if she broke the terms, listed above, they wouldn't just ad rehab would they? Wouldn't it negate, revoke, the plea deal and she would face stiffer penalties? Like JAIL? Which would, maybe, be more of a rock bottom for her. Rehab does not work for her, I don't care how long she stays there.

Usually, probably. But Kim is CONnected Los Angeles style, and the rough and ready regulations for the rabble may not be applied to her. Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 3

Yep. That was why the limo ride with Lisa Rinna was so telling. Kim thought that she was behaving totally normally but just showing a "kooky" side. She was genuinely surprised that she wasn't able to fool Rinna. And when Brandi said something to her later on the way back home about her acting strange. The light bulb turned on and she said something like "That's what Lisa Rinna said." 

Kim's subsequent anger at Lisa Rinna, while fueled by half truths from Brandi, was most like a result of Kim having been called on her behavior and the fact that Lisa Rinna asked her point blank if she was high or had been drinking. 

• Love 7

I'm starting to think Kim's bi polar and has been probably from day 1.  Now she's totally out of control with the arrests for battery on a cop, shoplifting, etc.  I think we've seen her manic on the show, like she was with Lisa Rinna in the limo and she told Eileen that she gets so depressed she holes up in her room and watches tv for days.  I wonder if the family would rather have Kim labeled an addict  than a person with mental illness.

• Love 7

Bringing up the limo craziness, I'm wondering what other episodes occurs during the season. I bet there were more than a few other times when Kim was blatantly wasted and either the cameras weren't on or Bravo chose not to show it.

• Love 3

Kim's subsequent anger at Lisa Rinna, while fueled by half truths from Brandi, was most like a result of Kim having been called on her behavior and the fact that Lisa Rinna asked her point blank if she was high or had been drinking.

IIRC, in her blog for that episode, Lisa Rinna also said that when Kim arrived at her house, she (Kim) used the bathroom.  Lisa probably figured out pretty quickly what was going on.

I also read recently about the "house that Kyle stole" - Kim needed money, was broke, and that was the reason she sold her share to Kyle.  How she gets that Kyle stole the house is beyond me, except that maybe Kim felt Kyle should not have sold the house later on.  But..once she sold her shares, no leg to stand on.

ETA:  Quoting Lisa Rinna's blog from Poker Night

"I knew the night was going to be a wild one when I saw how Kim was behaving when she arrived at my house before heading to Malibu. She asked to use the bathroom and was acting as if she was high on something, which is why I asked her if she had been drinking or was on drugs when we got into the car. I mean, HELLO! Could that car ride with Kim be any more awkward? Let me tell you, it felt just as awkward as it looked to all of you. I really had no idea what was going on or what to do. Every interaction I have ever had with Kim up until that point was light, fun, and easy going. This was a completely different, very unpredictable, and aggressive Kim sitting next to me in the car, and to be honest, it made me feel extremely nervous and anxious. I wasn’t sure if it was an act or a game we were playing, but deep down in my gut, I knew there was more to it and something was going on with her. I couldn’t get out of that car fast enough when we arrived at Eileen’s home, and I really had no idea what she would do next."

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 2

I'm starting to think Kim's bi polar and has been probably from day 1.  Now she's totally out of control with the arrests for battery on a cop, shoplifting, etc.  I think we've seen her manic on the show, like she was with Lisa Rinna in the limo and she told Eileen that she gets so depressed she holes up in her room and watches tv for days.  I wonder if the family would rather have Kim labeled an addict  than a person with mental illness.

I do think Kim has mental problems but I also believe she is an addict/alcoholic as well. Which came first is anyone's guess but IMO, the addictions came first and/or made her MH problems worse in the long run. I am sure that the damage she has done to her brain is permanent/irreversible and will only get worse even if she quits drinking/drugging.  

• Love 7

And that's the really sad part. It's too far gone, IMO. There's really no light or positive things to look for anymore. It's pretty clear the drinking and drugging is going to be the death of her. There's also nothing that says quitting won't kill her too. It's all very sad.

But she made this choice. It is what it is. I hope, either sober or stoned out of her mind, she can find a place of comfort and contentment at some point in her life. Every human being deserves that.

• Love 2

IIRC, in her blog for that episode, Lisa Rinna also said that when Kim arrived at her house, she (Kim) used the bathroom.  Lisa probably figured out pretty quickly what was going on.

I also read recently about the "house that Kyle stole" - Kim needed money, was broke, and that was the reason she sold her share to Kyle.  How she gets that Kyle stole the house is beyond me, except that maybe Kim felt Kyle should not have sold the house later on.  But..once she sold her shares, no leg to stand on.

ETA:  Quoting Lisa Rinna's blog from Poker Night

"I knew the night was going to be a wild one when I saw how Kim was behaving when she arrived at my house before heading to Malibu. She asked to use the bathroom and was acting as if she was high on something, which is why I asked her if she had been drinking or was on drugs when we got into the car. I mean, HELLO! Could that car ride with Kim be any more awkward? Let me tell you, it felt just as awkward as it looked to all of you. I really had no idea what was going on or what to do. Every interaction I have ever had with Kim up until that point was light, fun, and easy going. This was a completely different, very unpredictable, and aggressive Kim sitting next to me in the car, and to be honest, it made me feel extremely nervous and anxious. I wasn’t sure if it was an act or a game we were playing, but deep down in my gut, I knew there was more to it and something was going on with her. I couldn’t get out of that car fast enough when we arrived at Eileen’s home, and I really had no idea what she would do next."

It was obvious that Lisa R didn't get the memo that said NOBODY talks about Kim's problems.    Evident to everyone, but nobody says anything.    I think her family is scrambling to keep her on a tight leash, hoping the judge will somehow impose a mandatory rehab, all the while fearing she's going to go rogue and spill family secrets. 

• Love 3

It was obvious that Lisa R didn't get the memo that said NOBODY talks about Kim's problems.    Evident to everyone, but nobody says anything.    I think her family is scrambling to keep her on a tight leash, hoping the judge will somehow impose a mandatory rehab, all the while fearing she's going to go rogue and spill family secrets. 

I think that ship of a plea deal that includes rehab will be sunk, her court date for the BH Hotel incident/kicking was postponed until the 16th of this month ! Kim just got out of rehab and was then arrested shoplifting just a week or so later. That they kept her overnight says she was under the influence of something, alcohol, pills, aerosol, powder or something we don't know about yet, it sounds like they kept her until she sobered up/came down off whatever. I think she will get a rude awakening when she finally goes to court but I don't know what they can do to her at this point to make any difference.

• Love 4

The Sheriff's department does not want a celebrity in jail. I think it is too much work for them. Lindsay Lohan was in front of judge many times. Same will happen with Kim. Probation - yes. Jail - no. Rehab - maybe.

The Sheriff's department does not want a celebrity in jail. I think it is too much work for them. Lindsay Lohan was in front of judge many times. Same will happen with Kim. Probation - yes. Jail - no. Rehab - maybe.

They may not want to have a celebrity in jail but it's not up to them.  It's up to the judge and the DA.

There have been other celebrities who did jail time.  Didn't Robert Downey Jr. spend significant time in the pokey?

And Teresa Guidice is still locked up.

ETA:   Kim's charges aren't very serious (compared to real criminals) so she might get mandatory rehab and a long probation.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3

For a moneyed/monied small extended family, they have accrued quite the arrest(s) record(s).

Can you imagine the outcome of the following scenario:

(Please, read carefully. A quiz will follow.)

An "average" 50+ year old woman disturbed a hotel lounge with drunken sloppy behavior, turned around and with profanity laced belligerent behavior violently attacked a police officer by kicking. An arrest followed. Then JUST WEEKS LATER, THAT SAME 50+ year old woman stole $600!! in goods from a store and WAS ARRESTED AGAIN and had to sleep off a mind altered fugue state fueled by drugs and/or alcohol before permission was granted for release.

Under these circumstances, would the AVERAGE 50+ year old woman be:

A. Harshly subdued, arrested, issued a stinging tongue lashing then, later, imprisoned.

B. Harshly subjugated( if one is lucky) and then face a strong possibility of death(accidently, of course).

C. Given restroom privileges THEN arrested. Issued a strong verbal admonishment, 30-90 days at a plush resort and a pleasant,"Good day, suh(or, in this case, ma'am), I say, good day".

**Those who answer correctly will receive extra credit. :-)

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 5

I'm not so sure about that. I get what you are saying Showtyme but Kim is, at best, a D list celebrity. Lindsey and Paris were both at the height of their popularity when they got in trouble. I'm sure it was a nightmare for the sheriff. If Kim goes to jail it'll be a blip on TMZ then over.

• Love 6

Kim's family still has money and power, even if she doesn't and even if they, or some of them, have stopped enabling her. I think that is what keeps her from being treated like the average criminal. She can't even pay her own legal bills, but somehow she is spared real consequences. I can't think of any results from the fallout of the shoplifting that are likely to save her life, though. She isn't even at the first step of getting help, I don't think she actually believes she has any problems, other than being a victim of everyone else.

Edited by Cosmic Muffin
  • Love 6

Yeah, "D List" celebrity is being generous at this point, imo.  I think most people who hear about her will throw some pity her way, because many are aware of the suckage that is addiction, but there won't be any mass social media outrage or some media frenzy complete with protesting fans outside the courthouse.  I'm sure the Sheriff's Department is used to dealing with hostile, entitled, BSC junkies, in general, so she'll fit right in.  

She isn't even at the first step of getting help, I don't think she actually believes she has any problems, other than being a victim of everyone else.

Got 99 problems* but I ain't one. 

*Bad Sister stole my Goddamn House, etc., etc.

• Love 3

So Kim's shrink is Dr. Charles Sophy, the same Dr that was her niece's, Paris, shrink that when she was jailed said she was "too sick" to be jailed! Ahhh, the Hilton money, buy a quack!

And the very same who had an inappropriately personal relationship with Taylor when she was going through all

the Russell trauma. Quack.

• Love 5

Taylor Armstrong’s Psychiatrist, ‘I’m So Proud Of Her For The Strength To Keep Going’

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 @ 10:30AM

taylor-kennedy-armstrong-charles-sophy.j

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/02/taylor-armstrong-psychiatrist-book-signing-memoir/

Excerpt-

By Jen Heger – Radar Legal Editor

The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star, Taylor Armstrong, had a book signing for her recently released memoir at The Grove in Los Angeles Wednesday night, and her psychiatrist, Dr. Charles Sophy was also in attendance, and tells RadarOnline.com exclusively his thoughts about his patient, who has endured the abuse and suicide of her late husband, Russell Armstrong.

Dr. Sophy was also featured on the Bravo hit series, as Taylor and Russell’s marriage counselor, and he has been treating Taylor in the aftermath of Russell’s sudden suicide last summer.“I’m so unbelievably proud of Taylor for the strength to keep going, and for still doing the hard work while still mourning the loss of her late husband, and going through the process of mourning the loss of Russell, and being a single mom. The book signing was very emotional for Taylor and there was an outpouring of emotion from the people that came out to support Taylor,” the board certified psychiatrist tells RadarOnline.com.

• Love 2

Therapist: Paris Hilton is “traumatized” by jail sentence

prison-4-paris-001.jpg

Excerpt-

Paris Hilton’s psychiatrist affirmed that the heiress is “distraught and traumatized” and “fears incarceration” after a judge sentenced her to 45 days in jail. Dr. Charles Sophy declared this in a Los Angeles Superior Court document filed Monday in an ongoing $10 million insult and defamation outfit against Hilton by actress Zeta Graff.

Hilton is facing an order to testify in the civil trial beginning May 21, but the psychiatrist argues that “given (Hilton’s) current psychological, and emotional state … (she’s) not capable of any meaningful participation in a trial.”

Sophy says Hilton, 26, needs to get better from the result of the jail sentence. Hilton was given jail time for violating her probation for driving with a suspended license. The documents, filed by Hilton’s lawyers in the slander suit, show that Dr. Sophy has been treating Hilton for the past eight months, and had met with her several times since her probation violation hearing. “She is emotionally distraught and traumatized as a consequence of the findings at the May 4 hearing, the jail sentence imposed upon her by the judge, and her fear of incarceration…” Sophy wrote.

http://www.viprumor.com/2007/05/15/therapistparis-hiltontraumatizedby-jail-sentence/

• Love 2

1110-charles-sophy-and-celebrities-compo

Dr. Sophy, director of L.A. County Dept. of Children and Family Services was approached by a production company wanting to put Charlie Sheen and his ex-wives on a TV series. He turned it down. He lived in the same gated community as Sheen, his former wives and Paris Hilton.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/11/11/charlie-sheen-brooke-mueller-tv-show-television-dr-charles-sophy-custody-war/

House Call

From Celebrity Shrink

1/22/2013 6:33 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

EXCLUSIVE

Excerpt-

Ronaiah Tuiasosopo got a visit from a world famous psychiatrist last night ... a guy who's worked with everyone from Michael Jackson to Paris Hilton ... TMZ has learned.

The shrink to the stars is Dr. Charles Sophy -- a high-ranking official with the Los Angeles Dept. of Children and Family Services.

Sophy was involved in the Michael Jackson child molestation case, the Paris Hilton jail saga (when she was suffering from panic attacks) and counseled Taylor Armstrong during her split with her husband.

But last night, Sophy appeared at the Tuiasosopo family home in Palmdale, CA ... and though he wouldn't say why he was there, it's obvious his visit is connected to the drama surrounding the Manti Te'o hoax.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/01/22/ronaiah-tuiasosopo-celebrity-psychiatrist-dr-charles-sophy-manti-teo-hoax-scandal/#ixzz3iDbCsFm9

Edited by talula
  • Love 1