Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I always figured Mark and Kelly  had security people because they are so rich.  

And famous. 

Remember back in the day when European rich kids were kidnapped?  

I  imagine Security keeps a close watch on all the fsmily. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Tosia said:

I always figured Mark and Kelly  had security people because they are so rich.  

And famous. 

Remember back in the day when European rich kids were kidnapped?  

I  imagine Security keeps a close watch on all the fsmily. 

I don’t know, it sounds like Lola and her friends took Uber to a concert and Kelly was trying to watch them , so they don’t seem to have security.

Also, Kelly caught Lola waiting for  Uber to go to  school one day . You have to use a cr for card for Uber and can’t request a driver . I understand wanting her to be normal, but I think she’s too young to be using Uber without an adult, but maybe I’m too protective.

i think if I were a celebrity I’d hire a private driver . You never know that kind of people could drive your kids around .

I LMAO when Ryan caused the potential contestant to hang up.  I guarantee you the Standards and Practices person about had a heart attack!  Too bad she ended up taking the call.  If she had not, Buena Vista would have been on the hook for a free trip to avoid a legal problem.  

I did not like it even a wee little bit when Ryan kept trying to mess with her after she responded.  We got a taste of his true self - one who thinks he is way above it all.

• Love 5

Kelly and Ryan both think it's funny to leave stupid messages and also say dumb things to the people they call.    I think it's obnoxious and immature.  They first of all are calling people without warning and putting them on the air.    It is fun to get the reaction on the air when someone is shocked they called, but to mock them or make dumb jokes about missing out on a million dollars is so childish and seems like it could get them in legal trouble.  

I find that kind of joking so rude.  And it's like they are mocking regular people about getting a "big" prize, because to them 1 million is a fraction of their salary.  Also, when  Ryan made that joke about the gym, it was just plain childish. 

They are  not shock jocks, they are on a talk show, but they come across like preteens making prank calls.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, goldenpuppy said:

.....They first of all are calling people without warning and putting them on the air.....

I don't believe they are pulling random names from a phone book or the internet.  Everyone who is called has submitted their name, phone, and photo. I haven't gone to the site and read the terms and conditions, though I imagine that they release themselves from plenty of issues.  Everyone who submits their name is "warned" to be available, though many may not quite understand that 915AM ET may not be the only time they are called (especially with the boatload of pretapes we all expect in the next 60 days). 

Back in the Regis and Kathie Lee days, Regis frequently mocked the callers, especially the CA viewers who were asleep at 620AM. Back then, most times, the callers were pre-screened and on hold. Yet there were also cycles in which they called people without pre-screening.  I recall that vividly, as Regis was only marginally competent in using the phone. And it took awhile for the producers to realize they had to  mute the dialing, as you could easily record the tones and call the person yourself later in the day.  I think the cold calling also existed in the Kelly era, as Gelman was looking for ways to hype the trivia game.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

I don't believe they are pulling random names from a phone book or the internet.  Everyone who is called has submitted their name, phone, and photo. I haven't gone to the site and read the terms and conditions, though I imagine that they release themselves from plenty of issues.  Everyone who submits their name is "warned" to be available, though many may not quite understand that 915AM ET may not be the only time they are called (especially with the boatload of pretapes we all expect in the next 60 days). 

Back in the Regis and Kathie Lee days, Regis frequently mocked the callers, especially the CA viewers who were asleep at 620AM. Back then, most times, the callers were pre-screened and on hold. Yet there were also cycles in which they called people without pre-screening.  I recall that vividly, as Regis was only marginally competent in using the phone. And it took awhile for the producers to realize they had to  mute the dialing, as you could easily record the tones and call the person yourself later in the day.  I think the cold calling also existed in the Kelly era, as Gelman was looking for ways to hype the trivia game.

I remember it the same way you do. I gave up watching during the later Michael strahan times. I felt like he thought he was "all that" and more. I resisted watching with Ryan because I have never watched American Idol and wasn't all that interested in him. I gave it a chance and I think they are developing the rapport needed to be co hosts. Just being friends isn't enough. Kelly and Regis weren't even friends.  Ryan can tell a good story and he brings that out in Kelly. They rely much less on the printed news articles and while of course it isn't perfect it is mostly fun to watch. I realize we are supposed to be snarking so - Kelly is thin and I don't like her hair with a center part.  

• Love 3

Kelky cannot tell a good story to save her life.   Ums and uhs galore.  Mundane happenings that are built up with no punchline or humor --except to her. 

I watched a small bit on Friday where Kelly says, IT WAS SO FUNNY......that Mark came home in the middle of the night,  and she woke up to snow and Mark. 

Ummmm, so?  

And she knew he was coming that time. No surprise.

What was the FUNNY part? 

She's played out. Regis was the likable one. 

Edited by Tosia
It's kind of hard to watch someone so skinny without thinking how bony they must feel.
  • Love 10

What is so obnoxious is how Kelly has to call Mark her “baby daddy”. I hate that term . It reminds me of trashy people who have kids with no relationship . I am sure she thinks it’s cool ? But it just sounds tacky .

I love her pretend reason for saying she has Thanksgiving at 6pm when she told everyone the real reason before . She didn’t want to have a : pm dinner because it’s not a real time , and then you overeat . That’s what she said before . Now it’s about now wanting to have an early cocktail hour?  How many people worry about the booze on thanksgiving to the point of changing a dinner hour ? I guess she now likes to pretend she’s not obsessed with her bony physique.

BTW she posted some video without make up with her trainer . Yikes ! She looks so skinny and sickly . The make up people deserve emmys !

• Love 6
On 11/22/2017 at 1:42 AM, SanDiegoInExile said:

Back in the Regis and Kathie Lee days, Regis frequently mocked the callers, especially the CA viewers who were asleep at 620AM. Back then, most times, the callers were pre-screened and on hold. Yet there were also cycles in which they called people without pre-screening.  I recall that vividly, as Regis was only marginally competent in using the phone.

Oh, this made me chuckle.  To quote the wise Homer Simpson, "it's funny cause it's true."  Love him or hate him, that was Regis. 

• Love 9
On 11/22/2017 at 6:48 AM, Tosia said:

Kelky cannot tell a good story to save her life.   Ums and uhs galore.  Mundane happenings that are built up with no punchline or humor --except to her. 

I watched a small bit on Friday where Kelly says, IT WAS SO FUNNY......that Mark came home in the middle of the night,  and she woke up to snow and Mark. 

Ummmm, so?  

And she knew he was coming that time. No surprise.

What was the FUNNY part? 

She's played out. Regis was the likable one. 

The one thing that bugs me is the constant interruptions.   Ryan cannot get a full story out, from beginning to end w/o the interruption and sidebar story.  He really must have the patience of a saint.  I didn't care for this pairing at first, but he is growing on me.  Now, about that interrupting thing.......

• Love 4

I have abandoned ship on this show.  I liked Kelly and Michael.  Now with Uncle Ry Ry, we are back to Kelly's nauseating exuberant adoration of her co-host, which she only slightly had with Strahan.  I don't even blame Ryan, and I bet it probably annoys him and makes him cringe like it does me.  They are also too Barbie and Ken-like, and that is not a good thing.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, bannana said:

I have abandoned ship on this show.  I liked Kelly and Michael.  Now with Uncle Ry Ry, we are back to Kelly's nauseating exuberant adoration of her co-host, which she only slightly had with Strahan.  I don't even blame Ryan, and I bet it probably annoys him and makes him cringe like it does me.  They are also too Barbie and Ken-like, and that is not a good thing.

Man, that was stomach-churning!!!  I only watch when I like the guest & hope (the hell) Kelly doesn't screw it up & re-direct the convo to her.  Blech.  (Megyan Kelly is really growing on me!!! A woman that acts like an adult!!)

• Love 3
On 11/24/2017 at 8:47 PM, bannana said:

I remember Michael's first few days and she was all over him, and I Do mean ALL OVER HIM. You could cut the sexual tension with a knife.  I think Michael was in the process of divorcing but Kelly, I remember thinking I wonder if they have an open marriage lol. And then suddenly it was gone, not completely, but cut down a lot.  Only one way an itch goes away......it gets scratched.........allegedly!  Of course strictly conjecture, but they were veeeeeeeeeery tight.  Just sayn, just sayn, just sayn.....allegedly lol! 

• Love 2

^ Well, first, ew at that mental image, lol. But second, I'd hope Strahan wouldn't have settled for an asshole like Kelly Ripa. He could do much better.

I caught YouTube of the caller hanging up the other day. It's a close fight between these two to see who is the most full of themselves.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Tammee said:

I remember Michael's first few days and she was all over him, and I Do mean ALL OVER HIM. You could cut the sexual tension with a knife.  I think Michael was in the process of divorcing but Kelly, I remember thinking I wonder if they have an open marriage lol. And then suddenly it was gone, not completely, but cut down a lot.  Only one way an itch goes away......it gets scratched.........allegedly!  Of course strictly conjecture, but they were veeeeeeeeeery tight.  Just sayn, just sayn, just sayn.....allegedly lol! 

Ok, I know this is all conjecture, but I just have to say this ..... Michael is so big and Kelly is so little, he would squash her to death!  Wouldn't he?  And there's no way he wouldn't totally destroy her insides.  Now, I need to go wash my brain with bleach for even letting my mind go there.  It was an awful experience.

• Love 1

Michael was engaged to Nicole Murphy for most of the time he was on the show. She lived in California. I remember rumors about him and his trainer. There haven't been any stories about Mark and/or Kelly cheating. Both of their sets of parents have been married a long time. Maybe that is what they aspire to despite her being so thin, rumors about Mark's sexual orientation and that she is the major wage earner and what does he do. He was in Pitch and now he is in Riverdale. Maybe the all over each other is "acting" so we don't think there is no chemistry between them. Kathie Lee and Hoda do the girl version. 

• Love 2
On 11/27/2017 at 4:01 PM, slasherboy said:

Ok, I know this is all conjecture, but I just have to say this ..... Michael is so big and Kelly is so little, he would squash her to death!  Wouldn't he?  And there's no way he wouldn't totally destroy her insides.  Now, I need to go wash my brain with bleach for even letting my mind go there.  It was an awful experience.

Haha I do concur.  But it sounds so funny coming from 'Slasherboy'  :)

sorry, I hope you didn't take offense Slasherboy, I love the nick.....how did it come about?  Hah j/k I love me a good slasher flick...I do ramble lol....

Edited by Tammee
21 hours ago, slasherboy said:

Oh that image is something I really need to get out of my head, but I did read rumors about  him not reciprocating, and Kelly turned  nasty to him, lone before he left. She did use to hang all over him a lot, and he would not respond.  I have a feeling he wanted out of the show.  I also think when someone brags about their romantic/sex life like Kelly does about her "baby daddy" all the time,  they usually aren't getting much!    

The way she reacted to Michael leaving was so personal. Snapping at him on the air about his divorces. She acted like it was about way more than the show.  Then again, she also hasn't spoken to Regis for years.  

For someone who is going to church all the time, she sure has no ability to forgive  anyone who she thinks wronged her.

I also thought Lola was a normal, cute teenager.  It is funny that all of the things that Kelly mocks Lola about, such as being moody, and superficial, or difficult to get along with, are all traits that Kelly has herself!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

• Love 6

I enjoy the show, it is part of my "morning routine" because evidently even though I am 56, I act like I am 90. With getting up in the morning, going to get my Starbucks then settling in for Live. My one issue if I had one is, yes Ryan we get it, you're small. You're both tiny, with tiny pockets and tiny hands. Small. Got it. 

Also, yes there is a lengthy form you have to complete and fax back if you enter the daily contest. Once you enter online, my husband said you have something like 24 hours to fax back the waiver or you have to enter all over again.  I think that's what he said. Then again we are going on 30 years of marriage so, there is a great deal of me tuning out half the shit he says. Key to a happy marriage is just a high tolerance of another person.

I guess I enjoy light-hearted things in the morning. My local news, Live w/ K&R, then KLG & Hoda....my "programs."  Now excuse me - I have to tell some kids to get off my lawn. 

• Love 11

Wow, just saw an Instagram "Insta story" by Kelly, and she looks frightening. I've never seen a chest like hers before, and I'm not just talking about her bra size. It is pretty sickening IMO. (she's talking about her anniversary with a workout friend or perhaps trainer)

11 hours ago, MzTori77 said:

Wow, just saw an Instagram "Insta story" by Kelly, and she looks frightening. I've never seen a chest like hers before, and I'm not just talking about her bra size. It is pretty sickening IMO. (she's talking about her anniversary with a workout friend or perhaps trainer)

I saw it ! It is with her trainer . It is scary  . She has bones sticking out all over .  I have never  seen bones jagging out under someone’s neck and she is so skinny she looks like she literally has a hole in her neck above her chest .  Her face is pretty but now she is so boney it’s aging her .  

When she said she did back to back soul cycle classes the other night, I wondered is she is working off her “extra slice of bread from thanksgiving.   She truly has body issues . Hopefully she won’t pass those issues onto Lola . 

Edited by orangekit
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, orangekit said:

I saw it ! It is with her trainer . It is scary  . She has bones sticking out all over .  I have seen bone jagging out under someone’s neck and she is skinny she looks like she literally has a hole in her nec above her chest .  Her face is pretty but now she is so boney it’s aging her .  

When she said she did back to back soul cycle classes the other night, I wondered is she is working off her “extra slice of bread from thanksgiving.   She truly has body issues . Hopefully she won’t pass those issues onto Lola . 

You are probably right about the double soul cycle classes. I hadn’t thought about that. But I’m sure if she allowed herself to eat bread, or any other starch (I highly doubt she had any kind of dessert), she had to make up for it somehow.

I agree with you that I hope Lola doesn’t have Kelly’s issues with weight. So far it doesn’t appear that she does. She’s a very pretty girl, with a womanly body. I imagine she hears a lot of comments about her figure, and I hope she’s confident enough to not be negatively affected by them.

• Love 1

I am the first to be annoyed with Kelly and her phony and self absorbed personally , but I may have to cut her some slack after seeing Kathie lee in action lately ! Also, I’d rather see her and Ryan joke about how short they are everyday than hear Kathie Lee sing another sappy holy song or preach bible verses ! 

I also now have some sympathy for Gelman after he had to deal with over the top  religious fanatic and preachy Kathie Lee ! It makes sense that he really seems to like Kelly after years or blubbering and preaching during host chat, along with her right wing political views ! 

• Love 5

Madonna stating that she wasn't exposed to culture growing up in Michigan is certainly delusional.  Michigan (Detroit) has one of the best art museums in the nation.  It was established when American cars dominated the world trade and the car companies helped pay for the art.  It was really in the news when the city council considered selling the art work (worth maybe $800 million at the time) to pay for city services (but wouldn't be enough to meet all financial obligations or pull Detroit out of bankruptcy). 

Madonna just puts on airs that are completely unfounded (especially when she went on to state that she has studied everything there is to know about the human body).  Well, at least she wasn't using a Portuguese accent since that's where she said she's now living.

I never really had a strong opinion of Madonna although I like many of her songs.  However, after watching this episode, I have a lower opinion of her and, believe it or not, my opinion of Kelly increased during the episode.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

Madonna stating that she wasn't exposed to culture growing up in Michigan is certainly delusional.  Michigan (Detroit) has one of the best art museums in the nation.  It was established when American cars dominated the world trade and the car companies helped pay for the art.  It was really in the news when the city council considered selling the art work (worth maybe $800 million at the time) to pay for city services (but wouldn't be enough to meet all financial obligations or pull Detroit out of bankruptcy). 

Madonna just puts on airs that are completely unfounded (especially when she went on to state that she has studied everything there is to know about the human body).  Well, at least she wasn't using a Portuguese accent since that's where she said she's now living.

I never really had a strong opinion of Madonna although I like many of her songs.  However, after watching this episode, I have a lower opinion of her and, believe it or not, my opinion of Kelly increased during the episode.

Ditto!!!  However, Kelly just blows smoke & her integrity (to me) is always in question.  Just sayin'.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Madonna stating that she wasn't exposed to culture growing up in Michigan is certainly delusional.  Michigan (Detroit) has one of the best art museums in the nation.  

Just because something exists doesn't mean that folks access it and enjoy it.  As I recall, her mother died early on and there was distance with her workaholic father.  And I'm not sure that Catholic elementary/high schools did many field trips to museums. I know mine didn't. That was a public school thing. Besides, wasn't she already moved to NYC by her late teens.  I suspect there are very few folks who would claim that Michigan has more/better cultural options than NYC.

I was most surprised at how out of shape the Material Girl was.  She nearly passed out after the frantic *dance* moment with the hosts and the stray fan who stormed the stage.

• Love 1

Old news.  It was a specific 'no talk' mandate before the show, that is Regis and Kelly (and Kathie Lee before her) didn't say anything to each other before the show started.  Gwen Ifill used the same method, although modified, on Washington Week, when the reporters were in the green room before taping only small talk was allowed, no issue talk.

• Love 1

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/10/business/media/kelly-ripa-and-ryan-seacrest-specialize-in-small-talk-and-big-ratings.html

Not much new in the brief, empty-calorie, already twice-corrected article, though Kelly did signal that she knows her days are numbered:

Ms. Ripa had only good things to say about Mr. Seacrest. “He’s the future of the franchise,” she said. “He’s the future of ABC.”

Also even though "Live" doesn't have a huge ratings lead, it books nearly twice the ad revenue of Today Hour Three.  That's pretty significant.

• Love 2

Oh I agree that she may not have taken advantage of the art museum, I was more or less referencing her explicit comment that Michigan didn't offer an opportunity for cultural experiences.  She then went on to state that her children, due to living in Europe, could identify all the major artists.  Well, they could if they went to the art museum in Detroit, too.  I interpreted her statements and demeanor to imply that Michigan was beneath her and her family.

• Love 3

Kelly’s story about the fireplace glass door accident was funny .  But, I was surprised they keep the glass doors closed while burning a fire . We had a fireplace and the glass doors were put in later . We were specifically told to never close them during a fire but to have a metal screen on. When the fire is out or dying, you close the glsss to stop heat from escaping.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, orangekit said:

Kelly’s story about the fireplace glass door accident was funny .  But, I was surprised they keep the glass doors closed while burning a fire . We had a fireplace and the glass doors were put in later . We were specifically told to never close them during a fire but to have a metal screen on. When the fire is out or dying, you close the glsss to stop heat from escaping.  

I am surprised they didn’t know that was not how you use the glas doors in a fire place too.  I thought MARK CONSUELOS  was a genius and knows all !   Very stupid !

Kelly sits that close to a fire ? I guess when you have  zero body fat and weight and weigh below 95 lbs you are dressing all the time !

i also saw the Consuelos Christmas card . They are a cute family . Lola is a very pretty girl, but Iam surprised that they allow Lola to dress so mature and revealing . Her dresses are so short and low cut . I would worry about a 16 year old looking like that ! 

Edited by larsonb

Scott Wolf is co-hosting today and I think LIVE really should have hired him instead of Ryan. I get that they wanted Ryan because of his broadcasting, radio ability and $American Idol$ popularity but Scott Wolf is so good. Also, he and Kelly look so good together. Everytime, I see Kelly and Ryan I feel like I’m watching twins or a brother and sister hosting a talk show. LOL!!!!! 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Scott Wolf is co-hosting today and I think LIVE really should have hired him instead of Ryan. I get that they wanted Ryan because of his broadcasting, radio ability and $American Idol$ popularity but Scott Wolf is so good. Also, he and Kelly look so good together. Everytime, I see Kelly and Ryan I feel like I’m watching twins or a brother and sister hosting a talk show. LOL!!!!! 

I agree, I like Scott too.  I wonder if he would have relocated to NYC though.  It did get me thinking about Jerry Oconnell though.

He was obviously the fav, but they prob figured they couldnt afford him.  No one would ever lose the trivia game again hahaha

I watched part of the show today because of Seth MacFarlane!!!  Kelly went into her ever-babble with Scott & again with Seth at the very beginning of the interview, so I changed channels.  (Don't they "get it" that people want to hear what the guest has to say & not another  chunk of Ripa's life story.  Jeez!!)

• Love 1

I hate when Andy Cohen is the co-host. It’s too “We are best friends & we’re both rich”. LOL!!! In general, I don’t mind him but just when he’s with Kelly. Everyone was going crazy for his Snoopy sweater. It was really cute and very holiday looking. He said it was a gift and it was Gucci. I checked and of course, it was super expensive. Even the sale price was pricey. Yup! Rich people problems. LOL!!!!

https://www.barneys.com/product/gucci-snoopy-c2-ae-wool-sweater-504630129.html

• Love 5

Kelly and Andy also seemed shocked that Anderson Cooper would work a show on the same night as (gasp!) the birthday of his partner.  They are so out of touch with the real world.  We ALL have to work on the birthdays of those near and dear to us and, (this is a shocker, so I hope everyone is seated...) we EVEN have to work on our OWN birthdays.  The rich, they are not like the rest of us...

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Kelly and Andy also seemed shocked that Anderson Cooper would work a show on the same night as (gasp!) the birthday of his partner.  They are so out of touch with the real world. 

I totally agree with that.

30 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

We ALL have to work on the birthdays of those near and dear to us and, (this is a shocker, so I hope everyone is seated...) we EVEN have to work on our OWN birthdays.

Do we really have to?  I haven't for a decade.  When it's my or my partner's birthday I take a vacation day.  I think K&A were shocked that AC didn't take a vacation or personal day for partner's birthday.

• Love 2

I actually don't have a job that allows vacation days as I'm a teacher.  We get sick days and personal days which are for specific reasons.  Also, contrary to popular thought, we don't get paid for any holidays; our contracts are for the number of days we work (usually 190).  No pay for summer, Christmas break, etc.  So, yes, dome of us do have to...

• Love 3

Heavens to Murgatroyd!  The partner is a grown man. Seems like they can celebrate another day.  We are not famous by any means, but move celebrations around to accommodate folks in our family.  I can't imagine AC saying to CNN, can you please get another host for the Heroes show, or move the date, because it is Benjamin's birthday.  Benjamin knows what AC's schedule is like - I am just guessing that they have worked all that out.

• Love 5

So, no new K&R till the New Year. I hate when the television world shuts down during the holiday. I expect all my tv host to work when I’m on vacation during the holidays. LOL!!!! Merry Christmas, y’all.

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

So, no new K&R till the New Year. I hate when the television world shuts down during the holiday. I expect all my tv host to work when I’m on vacation during the holidays. LOL!!!! Merry Christmas, y’all.

Heeheeee GMTA!  Salud!

• Love 1