Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On the topic of Maria Menounos' laugh, they are trying to make light of it but her laugh is enough to make me change the channel.  Same with Carrie Ann Inaba's.  Just absolutely NO, nothing pleasant or funny about either one of those laughs.

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 2

I like the location shows in the Bahamas , but I noticed a few funny things .

Kelly’s face looks like she’s had some major fillers in her cheeks .  I wonder if she had that done on her day off when Ryan had another co-host last week . 

No way would I swim with sharks like Ryan did !

Kelly made a joke that Ryan was in “nursery school”, when a band was on before .

Why does Kelly act like Ryan is so young? He is 43 years old ! She is 47 right now !  

Are they trying to  appeal to the young demos by constantly saying that Ryan is a millennial, when he is not?

i normally don’t look up ages or celebrities, I don’t care how old or young they are , but since they keep saying that Ryan is a millennial, and kelly acts  like he 20 years younger than she is , I looked up their ages !

And when Kelly and Ryan act like a vacation to a warm place is such a big deal , like they never do it, it makes me laugh !  I always find it funny when any celebrity who flies all over the world anytime for a break acts  like it’s such a big deal and they never get away !   Same for when they say they want to win the lottery ! 

• Love 5

It is always fun to see the location shows...I could use a trip to warm weather right about now :)  But, the guests have been less than exciting.  The best parts are seeing Kelly & Ryan doing their activities, Ryan with the sharks, Kelly doing yoga on a paddle-board.  Kelly's hair looked cute up in braids. 

• Love 5
On 1/10/2018 at 4:18 PM, orangekit said:

Kelly is so thin that she can't lose four pounds without it being a concern?  It is disturbing that she is so thin that she can't lose a small amount of weight while she is sick.  It is also disturbing that she is seriously underweight, and seems to have to exercise to get rid of the tiniest bit of food she eats.   T

I had a roommate who reminds me of Kelly, she was diagnosed with exercise bulimia.   Instead of vomiting, a person over exercises compulsively to make sure they don't gain weight.  It sure seems like Kelly does something like that, and is so  obsessive over making sure she doesn't overeat. She won't even change the time of a holiday dinner so they don't over eat!    

It's sad that if someone was overweight, a doctor would be telling her it was a health concern.  But because models are mostly anorexic, and society things that being skeletal is great,  doctors rarely say that this is not healthy.    And, how many articles compliment her while showing pictures of her in bikinis with her rib cage and bones between her breast showing ?     I remember when she had a stress fracture of her hip at 40 years old! That is just not normal for someone that age.    

Sorry, but when we found out she weight 93 lbs when they did some Guiness World Book of records stunt with  person pulling a tractor trailer, that was alarming! She is 5'3", she is not at a healthy weight.   And she looks thinner now than she did at 93lbs.   

It's not just Kelly.   George Clooney's wife looks emaciated, so does do may actresses and models, and somehow everyone says it's gorgeous!

So true! I agree with every word. 

I remember very well when Kelly had that hip fracture. It shows how malnourished she is, and she will be paying for starving herself when she is older and her bones are as brittle as glass. 

I have always thought she is a horrible example for young impressionable girls. What a hypocrite, putting her on the cover of shape or any other fitness magazine. The LAST thing she is, is physically fit. I think she has an eating disorder and some kind of excessive exercise compulsion. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find out she smokes.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, goldenpuppy said:

I like the location shows in the Bahamas , but I noticed a few funny things .

Kelly’s face looks like she’s had some major fillers in her cheeks .  I wonder if she had that done on her day off when Ryan had another co-host last week . 

No way would I swim with sharks like Ryan did !

Kelly made a joke that Ryan was in “nursery school”, when a band was on before .

Why does Kelly act like Ryan is so young? He is 43 years old ! She is 47 right now !  

Are they trying to  appeal to the young demos by constantly saying that Ryan is a millennial, when he is not?

i normally don’t look up ages or celebrities, I don’t care how old or young they are , but since they keep saying that Ryan is a millennial, and kelly acts  like he 20 years younger than she is , I looked up their ages !

And when Kelly and Ryan act like a vacation to a warm place is such a big deal , like they never do it, it makes me laugh !  I always find it funny when any celebrity who flies all over the world anytime for a break acts  like it’s such a big deal and they never get away !   Same for when they say they want to win the lottery ! 

Kelly really looked like her face had some major fillers and Botox this week  

She made at least two comments about Ryan being in nursery school in the 90’s ! WTF?

i think Kelly is very insecure about Ryan being her cohost .  I think she’s also insecure about her age . So, the constant age comments might be to  make Ryan seem like the little boy, while she is the person in charge , when in fact he’s a few years younger and has way more credentials and connections than she will ever have !   She’s basically demeaning him by acting like he’s a child and she’s the grownup !

i hate to break it to Kelly, but Ryan has a lot of power and jobs with Disney, and her behavior publicly putting  down Disney is not something a huge corporation with the “nice “ reputation forgets !

She also didn’t invite Ryan and his girlfriend to dinner, as if he his a teenager !

i wonder how long he will put up with her attempts to seem like the “grownup”, and our him in his place as a child . I don’t think for long ! 

• Love 5

I've loved seeing the Atlantis and Bahamas this week, but from a logistical standpoint, is it a tough sell for them to book guests to come to the Bahamas?  I think the guests this week have been C-level at best!  I do love Rachael Harris -- think she's hilarious and so talented -- but she's also Kelly's best bud so that would have been an easy person to convince to make the trip.  Just curious -- it has surprised me. 

19 hours ago, Chai said:

blindgossip.com/?p=87170http://blindgossip.com/?p=87170

I wouldn't doubt this was true.   "Ry Ry,"  is not a little boy or a millennial that Kelly likes to think he is.   He's very savy and obviously negotiated a deal to be a producer and not just a host.    I get a feeling that Ryan may be  holding back a bit to be accepted by the audience, but I have a feeling he wouldn't mind being in total control.    Kelly may long for the days of Regis and Strahan someday. 

• Love 6

She’s a very pretty girl, with a womanly body. I imagine she hears a lot of comments about her figure, and I hope she’s confident enough to not be negatively affected by them.

Late to the discussion here, but I'm disappointed by some of the comments I've read on here and on the main show's forum.  Comments such as "most men want a woman with a womanly figure."  This is such a slam to us petite women who had no control of our growth, or lack thereof.  It's bad enough that I had to deal with those kinds of feelings back in junior high when dressing out in P.E. with all of the other young ladies who were quite developed, but to come here and read the comments about how undesirable we must be to men is really beyond the pale.  

I certainly hope that Kelly doesn't have an eating disorder, but I'm not one to judge somebody that I don't know.  Maybe she's super fit because of potential hereditary health issues.  It's clear from her husband's posts, he's crazy about her!  I've always liked Kelly.   I wish her much success and health.

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

Late to the discussion here, but I'm disappointed by some of the comments I've read on here and on the main show's forum.  Comments such as "most men want a woman with a womanly figure."  This is such a slam to us petite women who had no control of our growth, or lack thereof.  It's bad enough that I had to deal with those kinds of feelings back in junior high when dressing out in P.E. with all of the other young ladies who were quite developed, but to come here and read the comments about how undesirable we must be to men is really beyond the pale.  

I certainly hope that Kelly doesn't have an eating disorder, but I'm not one to judge somebody that I don't know.  Maybe she's super fit because of potential hereditary health issues.  It's clear from her husband's posts, he's crazy about her!  I've always liked Kelly.   I wish her much success and health.

I made the comment that you quoted, so I will respond. 

I think the point that most people are trying to make is that Kelly's stick thin body is not her natural size - something she has no control over, as you stated. If you look at old pictures of Kelly, she was never this skinny or bony chested. She works her tail off to look this way, and that is what is concerning to many people. She is so far beyond "petite" (a category I, too, fall in) that it's not even in the same realm. 

In the comment you quoted, I was talking about Lola. I worry that Kelly puts so much emphasis on being thin that it could negatively affect Lola, who has a very shapely body. I hope she is confident enough to not fall into the same desire to be thin as her mother. 

• Love 3

That *blind gossip* is so blatant that it must be phony.   I do agree that RyRy is extremely savvy and a very successful entrepreneur/negotiator/manipulator -- though many of the stories which he shares do not show that side of him.   He seems purposely stressing how befuddled or slow-on-the-take he is, perhaps as an effort to *relate* to folks making one-hundredth his salary.  (sorta like Kelly does???)

Even so, I have been enjoying the new partnership. The hosts seem to get along, the Host Chat is no longer reading scraps of paper, and I love love love the way they trash the Trivia Telephone Call Debacles. And their antagonism for JanYOUary was wonderful.  A slight edge can be a good thing. Even if its fabricated.

I still expect Kelly to get *Regis-ed* one of these years.  A lowball contract from ABC is a given at some point, especially if Ryan commits to the show.  That is the biggest open question in my mind.  Is he really going to want to live in NYC for the next 20 years?  And what happens if the American Idol reboot is only a so-so success, or even a dismal failure?

And is Kelly really all that enthused to stay around if Mark spends the next 5 years in Vancouver on Riverdale?

• Love 2
11 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

Even so, I have been enjoying the new partnership. The hosts seem to get along, the Host Chat is no longer reading scraps of paper, and I love love love the way they trash the Trivia Telephone Call Debacles. And their antagonism for JanYOUary was wonderful.  A slight edge can be a good thing.

I've been enjoying them too.  A slight edge can make an unwatchable show suddenly watchable.

• Love 2

Most (of course not all) of the men I know like a woman to look like a woman.  Curvy and soft in the "right places".  

I was quoting this from the show thread.  I should've included it with my original post.

14 hours ago, MzTori77 said:

In the comment you quoted, I was talking about Lola. I worry that Kelly puts so much emphasis on being thin that it could negatively affect Lola, who has a very shapely body. I hope she is confident enough to not fall into the same desire to be thin as her mother. 

Yes, I was aware of that.  People have to be careful of what they say to young boys & girls about their size though.   Using the words "shapely" and "curvy" to a young girl can be misconstrued.  Some girls see those changes in their bodies like it's a bad thing.  It's like asking a young lady who is very small "when are you going to grow up."    It's better not to say anything at all.   

I agree that Kelly is thin, but it's not my place to decide what weight is best for her.   I would wager that Kelly and Lola have had these type of discussions on many occasions.  I remember reading something one time where Kelly (in a self-deprecating way) noted how Lola didn't take after her in breast size.  It was a lighthearted moment poking fun at herself.  I'm glad that Kelly hasn't given in to the pressure that most women in her industry feel as far as getting an enhancement (not that there's anything wrong with that.)  IMO, that gives her daughter a good example in seeing that her mother accepts her size and isn't going under the knife to change that, just as Lola can be proud of the beautiful figure she has.    

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

I was quoting this from the show thread.  I should've included it with my original post.

Yes, I was aware of that.  People have to be careful of what they say to young boys & girls about their size though.   Using the words "shapely" and "curvy" to a young girl can be misconstrued.  Some girls see those changes in their bodies like it's a bad thing.  It's like asking a young lady who is very small "when are you going to grow up."    It's better not to say anything at all.   

I agree that Kelly is thin, but it's not my place to decide what weight is best for her.   I would wager that Kelly and Lola have had these type of discussions on many occasions.  I remember reading something one time where Kelly (in a self-deprecating way) noted how Lola didn't take after her in breast size.  It was a lighthearted moment poking fun at herself.  I'm glad that Kelly hasn't given in to the pressure that most women in her industry feel as far as getting an enhancement (not that there's anything wrong with that.)  IMO, that gives her daughter a good example in seeing that her mother accepts her size and isn't going under the knife to change that, just as Lola can be proud of the beautiful figure she has.    

Ok, well that first quote was not from something I posted. Although I would probably agree with it. That poster even added "of course not all". And I don't think that statement automatically translates to "women who are not overly developed are undesirable". No one has said that on here as far as I remember. And as I said, I'm one of those non-curvy, petite women. 

I kind of feel like we're on the same page in a way. You mention concerns about young girls and body image. I get that 100%! It's just my opinion that Kelly is not a good role model for healthy body image. Fit is a great thing, no body fat and bones protruding from the chest is not. Kelly doesn't "accept her size". She works out obsessively and eats very little to achieve that size. 

In my opinion, it would be difficult to be a curvy young girl with a mother who seems to be obsessed with being thin. Which is why I said that I hope Lola is confident enough to not fall into that trap. So far, it looks like she is a very strong young lady!

Edited by MzTori77
  • Love 2

And I think women get that thin for other women to admire.  Not that they are interested in a relationship, just the competition.  Most (of course not all) of the men I know like a woman to look like a woman.  Curvy and soft in the "right places".  

this is what I wrote on the other thread.  I said most of the men I know, which is true for me and the men I know.  I don't know about other, all, some, etc.  I was a fat teenager and then a very slim young adult and now an old lady.  There is always someone who will make a comment about someone else's body, mine included.  First I was too fat, then I was too thin, etc. People comment all the time on what I eat or don't eat. Very annoying.  Unless we are in someone else's body or head for that matter, we really don't know what goes on.  All bodies are beautiful and now that I am old and have health issues, I'm just happy on days when I think everything is okay inside.  When I was younger I never gave health another thought.

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Unless we are in someone else's body or head for that matter, we really don't know what goes on.

That's exactly why I don't judge Kelly on this issue.  I don't know her.  I don't know what goes on behind the scenes.  I've seen pictures of her in jeans and other clothes in which she filled them out quite nicely.  She didn't look like a stick in them.  I'm not saying she doesn't have issues, but I just don't know and don't want to pile in on the "she's anorexic" train without having the benefit of knowing her.  

• Love 6

Something Kelly does on social media that, imo, is in poor taste.  I've noticed on  both her's and MARK'S!!!!! social media accounts they will often refer to things as 'fly AF' or other adjectives followed by the acronym, 'AF.'  Really Kelly and Mark?  I then noticed that Lola replied to one of Kelly's posts with a "WTF mom?"

Call me old-fashioned, call me whatever, but as an employee of Disney/ABC, as a mom, as a public persona with a particular image, I'd think Kelly would leave the F-word out of social media. 

She and Mark just seem to try way too hard to be cool and hip, imo.   Doesn't work for me.

Edited by finnzup
  • Love 12
13 hours ago, finnzup said:

Something Kelly does on social media that, imo, is in poor taste.  I've noticed on  both her's and MARK'S!!!!! social media accounts they will often refer to things as 'fly AF' or other adjectives followed by the acronym, 'AF.'  Really Kelly and Mark?  I then noticed that Lola replied to one of Kelly's posts with a "WTF mom?"

Call me old-fashioned, call me whatever, but as an employee of Disney/ABC, as a mom, as a public persona with a particular image, I'd think Kelly would leave the F-word out of social media. 

She and Mark just seem to try way too hard to be cool and hip, imo.   Doesn't work for me.

I'm in my 50s, with limited teen interactions, and had no idea what the phrase meant, nor was I hearing/seeing it plastered all over.  When I went to the *old* standby Urban Dictionary, there's no indication that this is a vulgar epithet.  I guess even the Urban Dictionary has become passe and outdated?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fly af

It would be interesting to see the demographic details for Mrs Consuelos' social media. No doubt it skews at least a decade younger than she is.

16 hours ago, finnzup said:

Oh yes, I've seen that on Kelly's Instagram before, just recently, in fact. I believe it had to do with yoga. And in that same post, she said something like the yoga poses being positions she hasn't seen "since her honeymoon". I swear, the older Kelly gets, the more juvenile she acts. Just like you said, she tries too hard to be young and hip. I don't think she would have spoken or acted like that 10 years ago, or even 5. It's pretty unbecoming behavior for a 47 year old woman.

• Love 9

I have watched Kelly oogle and make a fuss about sexy men numerous times on this show.  I am not a prude by no means, but what if Ryan touched and made a fuss over a sexy looking chef.  Would that be acceptable.  What do we tell our children - women can and men can’t.  If other male tv personalities are being fired and reprimanded for inappropriate comments and actions, shouldn’t female tv personalities be held to the same standard.  Let’s treat everyone with respect regardless of gender.

• Love 11
13 hours ago, Showwatcher said:

I have watched Kelly oogle and make a fuss about sexy men numerous times on this show.  I am not a prude by no means, but what if Ryan touched and made a fuss over a sexy looking chef.  Would that be acceptable.  What do we tell our children - women can and men can’t.  If other male tv personalities are being fired and reprimanded for inappropriate comments and actions, shouldn’t female tv personalities be held to the same standard.  Let’s treat everyone with respect regardless of gender.

I agree. Many female talk show hosts do this, and it bothers me. I think it’s fine to tell a guest, male or female, that they look nice. But when female hosts tell male guests that they want to have their babies or rip their clothes off, I think it’s inappropriate (not saying that Kelly has said those exact things).

• Love 10

Was watching this morning and they made their trivia call. It was about the theme to last years bday party that Lupita Nuongo had last year. She guessed the roaring fifties. Wrong. The answer was a Coming to America party. Ryan asked her if the roaring fifties was a thing (hoping she would correct herself to say the roaring 20’s) but she said “That’s what I heard”. Where are people getting their information from these days? Le sigh SMH 

• Love 2

I tuned in the last few days after not watching for a while .

I think Ryan was worth what they paid for him. For the first time in a long time they have host-chat, not reading of stupid articles that do relate to each other .

Ryan is a total pro and is able to be in control without taking over. I think he brings out the best in Kelly , probably because he is used to doing interviews and is able to make the person he interviews shine.

It’s too bad that Kelly who was a talk show host for over a decade would not make host chat spontaneous  and needed someone else to come in and bring the show pretty much back to what it add intended to be . But at I think that they work well as cohosts .

I think Jerry would have grated on everyone’s nerves after a few weeks , even though I did think he’d be a good choice before Ryan came on .  He is just too goofy .

Yesterday when Kelly went on and on about a pimple , Ryan was nice but moved the host chat on to other things . Something Jerry could not do .

Does Kelly really act like Ryan is way younger than he is ? He is 43 and she is 47.  What is that about ?

• Love 8

I am loving Ryan and Kelly together. Recently they both made personal phone calls on air, Ryan to his mom and Kelly to Mark in Vancouver, and it seemed unscripted and funny and natural. Ryan's story about dating a woman who ate cheesecake with her hand was great, as was Kelly's reaction and her wanting to know what Mark would think about it. Kelly and Ryan have a lot of fun together and touch each other's arms when they are talking, which suggests (to me anyway) that they genuinely like each other.

When it came out that Ryan was the new co-host, I was not impressed. My first choice would be Anderson Cooper but I wasn't hopeful he would want the job. I adore Anderson and Kelly together. I adore Anderson alone. I love Anderson. My realistic choice was Jerry. I enjoy Jerry. But Ryan? Why Ryan? I just couldn't understand the appeal. Blurgh, Ryan. Like the world needed to see more of Ryan. But I was wrong. I watch the host chat every day and then go to work so I rarely see the interviews, but I am loving the host chats. I have no snark, sorry. I know Kelly is acting like Ryan is an innocent child and she is one of the olds, but I can see why she does it even though they are nearly the same age. Her having three almost grown kids is a big part of the difference. I have a young son and it makes a difference with my friends. When my kid is in kindergarten and my friend (the same age) has a kid in college, it makes a big difference in life experience. Also Ryan seems sincerely baffled by basic life-skills and interpersonal interactions and yet he is this jet-setting mogul. He seems like he wants to learn more about everything. I find it charming.

Also, I am sort of ashamed to admit that I watch to see what Kelly is wearing each day. I love her style. I dress like a grandma who has spent the day shearing sheep. I have two friends who are both 95 pounds and fashionable and I feel like a monster beside them but they don't make me feel bad about my dumpster style, so it's not a thing. I have tried to improve my style but if I dress up I feel so uncomfortable/on parade/not me that I can't function. I don't get the impression that Kelly would be grossed out by somebody who isn't 90-something pounds and dressed to kill.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, GoldaVining said:

I am loving Ryan and Kelly together. Recently they both made personal phone calls on air, Ryan to his mom and Kelly to Mark in Vancouver, and it seemed unscripted and funny and natural. Ryan's story about dating a woman who ate cheesecake with her hand was great, as was Kelly's reaction and her wanting to know what Mark would think about it. Kelly and Ryan have a lot of fun together and touch each other's arms when they are talking, which suggests (to me anyway) that they genuinely like each other.

When it came out that Ryan was the new co-host, I was not impressed. My first choice would be Anderson Cooper but I wasn't hopeful he would want the job. I adore Anderson and Kelly together. I adore Anderson alone. I love Anderson. My realistic choice was Jerry. I enjoy Jerry. But Ryan? Why Ryan? I just couldn't understand the appeal. Blurgh, Ryan. Like the world needed to see more of Ryan. But I was wrong. I watch the host chat every day and then go to work so I rarely see the interviews, but I am loving the host chats. I have no snark, sorry. I know Kelly is acting like Ryan is an innocent child and she is one of the olds, but I can see why she does it even though they are nearly the same age. Her having three almost grown kids is a big part of the difference. I have a young son and it makes a difference with my friends. When my kid is in kindergarten and my friend (the same age) has a kid in college, it makes a big difference in life experience. Also Ryan seems sincerely baffled by basic life-skills and interpersonal interactions and yet he is this jet-setting mogul. He seems like he wants to learn more about everything. I find it charming.

Also, I am sort of ashamed to admit that I watch to see what Kelly is wearing each day. I love her style. I dress like a grandma who has spent the day shearing sheep. I have two friends who are both 95 pounds and fashionable and I feel like a monster beside them but they don't make me feel bad about my dumpster style, so it's not a thing. I have tried to improve my style but if I dress up I feel so uncomfortable/on parade/not me that I can't function. I don't get the impression that Kelly would be grossed out by somebody who isn't 90-something pounds and dressed to kill.

Well we are both on the same page!  I had those same feelings about Ryan. I had never watched American Idol and had just seen him on clips here and there. I too love Anderson and thought he would be great. Ryan does tell a good story in the same way Regis did but with a more contemporary flair. So far they seem to be doing very well as a pair. And this show is designed for two so I don’t think criticizing Kelly for not being able to carry it alone is something I would do.  Sometimes I do think she makes things up but I don’t really care. They are both giving us their version of themselves as morning talk show hosts. For all of the criticism of Kelly (and I realize this is a snark board and I do love snark) she comes from a stable family, has created what seems like a stable family with her husband of over 20 years, as far as we know her children are doing well and if there are scandals they have been well hidden, she is close with her in laws, she says she has girlfriends of many years - no one has come out with a different story. Maybe she has body issues or just feels better the way she is. Who among us doesn’t have something. Anyway I am again recording the show and mostly watching and enjoying. 

• Love 4
On 2/25/2018 at 10:35 PM, GoldaVining said:

To make you feel better I just want to let you know that I have a style. My friends and family call it my “homeless” look. Why? Because if I’m not seeing anyone I can’t be bothered. I weigh 86 lbs on a good day and am a old lady but because I’m so small (short) anything over 100 lbs would make me look fat. I love how Kelly dresses. I also admire how hard she works to keep a food figure. Don’t worry about making yourself better for others. In my experience it’s usually not worth it. Be yourself. Here we we love you for who you are. 

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I have been wondering that myself.  

I don’t think that it will. I think that he’s too protected. Frankly I could see him making a comment but I don’t see him as an abuser of power or a “crotch grabber”. Time will tell but he has a heck of a career that will go down the drain if he was in the wrong. 

• Love 1

I know both CBS This Morning & TODAY did a story on the woman but GMA did not. Which must have been killing Michael Strahan. LOL!!!!  Ryan is a big cash cow on ABC. He does LIVE, the soon to be revamp of American Idol and he's also doing the Red Carpet for the Oscars. They have too much money invested in him. They are going to stand by him because an investigation was done and he was supposedly cleared of any wrong doing. That said, there are stories that a lot of the stars are going to advoid him on the Oscar night. I’m curious to see who does, who doesn’t & if anyone blurts out anything inappropriate to him.  

• Love 4

In the Episodes thread, I saw it mentioned that Ryan’s accuser about sexual misconduct has just re-emerged via a lengthy Vanity Fair article and several mentions in other news sites.  From what I gather, Ryan says he was thoroughly investigated for 2 or 3 months and they couldn’t find evidence to prove the claims.  Now publicists are going to encourage their stars to avoid Ryan on the red carpet for the Oscars.  How will this turn out for him??  

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 1

Why would they do that if the investigation didn't confirm the allegations?  Was it a tainted investigation? Really not snarking here. If it's true is there some proof? Just her word? Is that enough? I am a woman who has been "bothered" over the years by men in local power. Never raped and never had my job threatened overtly. I know how uncomfortable it all can be. I was a single mother. I don't think I am that special or strong to be able to let it go. What am I missing? 

I think Ryan has very expensive, strong legal representation and PR. 

Women don't have much power yet in Hollywood, or anywhere, so he's suspect, but his PR will discount her accusations,  and her character. He has more money than God.

I don't know what to believe.  

Still, his accuser casts doubts on his clean image. 

Too many men have accepted the "right" to use/ treat women and others in lower positions as crap.

#metoo. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Women don't have much power yet in Hollywood, or anywhere, so he's suspect, but his PR will discount her accusations,  and her character. He has more money than God.

Right, all of that is true.  And just like NBC did for Matt Lauer and CBS did for Charlie Rose, E! and ABC investigated thoroughly, and unlike the two previous cases, a pattern of abuse was not discovered.  There are no other accusers.  So either RS is innocent or he is guilty of harassing this woman alone.  I can't see two networks leaving themselves wide open for liability claims, so I tend to believe RS is innocent.

• Love 3

Someone has come forward to corroborate some of the accuser's claims.  

I'm not going to be quick to believe E!'s "exoneration" of Ryan.  They treated Catt Sadler like trash, were slow to cut ties with the guy who ran The Royals despite many people saying he was a creep and Seacrest has made them millions by way of those horrible Kardashian shows.  He could be innocent, TPTB think Ryan's alleged behavior was just playful or are covering up for him completely.  Whatever the case, I see Disney and E! holding on to Ryan for as long as possible.

Edited by junemeatcleaver
  • Love 2

I happened to tune into the Talk yesterday, and they were discussing  Ryan.  One of the hosts said she didn't believe it, because another one of the hosts had a friend who worked with the accuser and said she was not too stable, and it seemed like a lot of people know this about her.

I have to say, that I am conflicted in some cases.   

I know men have the power, especially white men, but it sure seems like anyone can now say anything and ruin someone.   What if a few women all have a problem with a male and want to bring him down? 

I hate to not believe someone, but you would think if someone was an abusive person there would be  pattern and not just one accusation.

We let people accused of murder go free because the evidence is not beyond a reasonable doubt, but people can be ruined by an accusation with no proof.   Even in a criminal trial just having someone corroborate would not be enough to convict someone.

Don't get me wrong, I think most  of these cases are true, mostly because there is a pattern, and the men actually do end up admitting it in some way, but I think we are risking going backward by  having knee jerk reactions to any accusation.

• Love 9

I happened to tune into the Talk yesterday, and they were discussing  Ryan.  One of the hosts said she didn't believe it, because another one of the hosts had a friend who worked with the accuser and said she was not too stable, and it seemed like a lot of people know this about her.

It was Sharon Osborne that said that, I think. 

What I don't understand is if she was such a nut or a troublemaker, why didn't E! fire her?  It's a stylist who is more than expendable versus the guy who brought the network the Kardashians, E!'s goldmine.  It seems to me that her instability was a so-called liability, but they kept her anyway.  Hmm...

• Love 2
On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 9:35 PM, GoldaVining said:

I am loving Ryan and Kelly together.

I think they have good chemistry too!  I don't always watch the show, but I do record it if there's a certain guest scheduled to be on that I want to see.  Kelly seems to get a lot of criticism, but I like her.   Having said that though, I was a little disappointed today when they interviewed Maia and Alex Shibutani (ice dancing brother/sister.)  In her excitement, Kelly kept talking and hardly let them speak.   She commented on something I wondered about, and that was that being a brother/sister team in ice dancing they can't show the normal "couples" type of passion we see on the ice.  They had to find a way that would allow the viewer to still be engaged with their performance, but that it not be a creepy kind of thing since they are brother and sister.  I have watched their performances evolve over the years, and  they have become really good ice dancers (2 bronze metals, Yay!)  I really wanted them to expound on that a little more.  I do understand Kelly's excitement though.  At least she knew the right questions to ask, and knew quite a bit about ice dancing.  

I know Kelly is acting like Ryan is an innocent child and she is one of the olds, but I can see why she does it even though they are nearly the same age. Her having three almost grown kids is a big part of the difference. I have a young son and it makes a difference with my friends. When my kid is in kindergarten and my friend (the same age) has a kid in college, it makes a big difference in life experience.

That makes sense to me!  I totally get what you're saying.  :)

• Love 3
(edited)
On 2/28/2018 at 1:27 PM, goldenpuppy said:

I have to say, that I am conflicted in some cases.   

I know men have the power, especially white men, but it sure seems like anyone can now say anything and ruin someone.   What if a few women all have a problem with a male and want to bring him down? 

I hate to not believe someone, but you would think if someone was an abusive person there would be  pattern and not just one accusation.

We let people accused of murder go free because the evidence is not beyond a reasonable doubt, but people can be ruined by an accusation with no proof.   Even in a criminal trial just having someone corroborate would not be enough to convict someone.

Don't get me wrong, I think most  of these cases are true, mostly because there is a pattern, and the men actually do end up admitting it in some way, but I think we are risking going backward by  having knee jerk reactions to any accusation.

Im not worried ant Ryan. He ll be ok.

Rape and sexual assault on women and children, male and female, goes unreported at least 50% or more,  of the time. Look at the church accusations. Look at Hollywood child actors, Look at starlets, wannabes,  and seasoned actresses and actors.

I'm not worried abt false allegations on anyone moreso than the victims who suffer mostly silently, guiltily (undeserved but made to feel it's their fault for what they wore, where they were, etc.), traumatically, for all their lives.

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 3/2/2018 at 7:02 AM, Tosia said:

Im not worried ant Ryan. He ll be ok.

Rape and sexual assault on women and children, male and female, goes unreported at least 50% or more,  of the time. Look at the church accusations. Look at Hollywood child actors, Look at starlets, wannabes,  and seasoned actresses and actors.

I'm not worried abt false allegations on anyone moreso than the victims who suffer mostly silently, guiltily (undeserved but made to feel it's their fault for what they wore, where they were, etc.), traumatically, for all their lives.

I am sorry , but I think it’s not ok to just ruin the lives of people who are not guilty to makeup for those who did not get justice . IMO that goes against everything that this country stands for. Yes , guilty at times to go free with our justice system .

There is a wall in the Harvard law library that has. this quote:

"It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer".

Most of the men accused have had a pattern of abuse and “apologized “(which is BS)  in some way  , so I have no problem with them facing consequences and losing their jobs .

But , when a person denies he did something , and it’s one person’s word against his , and suddenly a witness comes forward, along with someone asking for money, I do not think it’s right to ruin someone’s life with an accusation.

I don’t know Ryan, but it’s  sad that people who rape and murder people and have evidence and a trial are given more benefit of the doubt .

I also believe that women will suffer in the end if they are going to not care if someone who is not guilty is ruined by false accusations. 

I am not naive , I have been a victim of assault and harassment, I know the “nice” guy is not always who he seems to be but , ruining  the life of an innocent person, and getting revenge will not help in the end, and will hurt women in the long run .

I just have doubts about this situation.

Now Monica is rethinking if she really gave consent with Bill, when she is on tape telling how she instigated the affair ! No way do I condone Bill doing what he did , but if women are going to do things like this , it makes a mockery of a important movement .

Edited by orangekit
  • Love 7
(edited)

Innocent, until proven guilty.

Powerful rich men have the means to fake evidence, bribe witnesses, and ruin lives. That's why victms don't come forward.  And suffer silently.

Justice will not heal their psychological wounds, but it helps to be believed. Support from other victims and loved ones  is the key to healing. That's why #me too allows victims to speak up.

I will not respond . Different opinions. 

Edited by Tosia