Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Amd I found Joel McHale annoying. He would say something stupid like telling the caller she was wrong and then say "no". He did that a lot. Stupid comment followed by "no". Don't enjoy that so much. 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Tosia said:

Joel McHale was good this morning.  He was funny and tried to keep the energy going

I agree, not typical morning show chat, but entertaining nonetheless.  And James Corden is always a good time, so glad he got 3 segments.

• Love 1

You can tell Joel doesn't really want the job. He's doing it as a lark and being funny....annoying but funny. I don't think he said one serious thing and was totally cutting down host chat, the newspapers items, the audience clapping and Gelman. He got paid for two days and is probably laughing about it to his friends and another audience.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I can't stand Joel McHale at the best of times, but his constant interruptions & stupid remarks today were really aggravating!!!

I totally agree. And when he told the trivia caller she was wrong!  Why do that. Not funny. Not a fan. 

• Love 1

I don't like Joel McHale either. I tried watching The Soup over the years and each time he seemed to enjoy being mean spirited even more then the last time. The original Talk Soup years ago was more tongue in cheek with the making fun of people in the clips. I never did find out if The Soup ended because he wanted to stop, low ratings or both. He enjoys messing with people too much to the point where he makes things unfunny.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, break21 said:

I like Joel but I think his sense of humor goes right over some viewer's heads.

Could be, or, we just don't like his brand of "humor".  OTOH, Ryan Seacrest looks very tired today.

• Love 1

I guess I'm in the minority, but I think Joel's snark is the perfect antidote to Kelly and Gellman's ridiculousness.  I was a longtime viewer of the Soup, so I was especially thrilled at Joel's continuing tirade against Ryan Seacrest.  I won't be tuning in today for RS.

• Love 2

I used to like the Soup, but I do not like Joel as a co-host.  He overdid it. It was fine to have a jab here or there, but he was just not funny with most of his insults.  Actually, the Soup is off the air I feel because that is how the show had become more and more. He also interrupted constantly, and acted like a hyperactive child who had to try to make a joke out of everything. I used to find him funny, and he was good on other talk shows, but this was irritating. I think Joel was overdoing it because he actually would like to be the permanent co-host. He has no show anymore.  I must say,  Kelly handled it well. I would have wanted to slap him a few times.  I do agree on some level he is the perfect antidote to the ridiculousness, but he just was not funny. He just came off mean spirited.   Jimmy Kimmel is good at that kind of humor, he can be cutting, but not just mean, and he is funny.

Regarding Michael's prom, it is funny how Kelly now is respecting his privacy and couldn't talk about the prom.   Hopefully Michael doesn't ever see the clips from her past appearance on Kimmel, where she talked about his "habit" since he hit puberty.

• Love 2

I think Joel was overdoing it because he actually would like to be the permanent co-host.

With all due respect, I disagree 100%.  There is now way Joel McHale would host this show full time.

He has no show anymore.

On the contrary, Ethan Hawke congratulated Joel on his sitcom The Great Indoors being on CBS's 2016 fall schedule.

I think Joel  is a good fit for Kelly. He's one of the few cohosts who don't kiss up to her, and she can't dominate the conversation like she always does.

Was Michael 's prom really on  a Tuesday night? That just seemed weird. 

Kelly's dresses have been very nice, the the summer styles are showing more of her so called "fit" body, and some of it is disturbing.  Her legs are literally skin and bones .  And a back view of her in a dress that showed her shoulders and part of her back was just u healthy looking .   She is basically all head. Now without makeup she looks very aged and ragged, mostly from looking  too thin in the face . Doesn't anyone around her think it's an issue? She can pretend all she wants that she eats, but that behavior is very typical for those with eating disorders. 

• Love 3

Should Regis Philbin go back to Live with Kelly Ripa?

It's Live! with Kelly... and Regis? Yep, you read that right. Apparently, Regis Philbin, the former co-host of the popular morning show, may be in talks with ABC to return to his position on Live!following his 2011 retirement. However, following the recent release of co-host Michael Strahan, In Touch magazine is reporting that Ripa is less than thrilled about the idea. And, personally, I can't blame her if she really does feel that way. Why? Because after 10 years on the show with Philbin and five years apart, a lot has changed. And there's no reason to go back.

“ABC suggested having him come back on a temporary basis. But Kelly shot it down immediately,”In Touch's inside source stated. “She and Regis aren’t close and she felt ABC was just trying to continue to agitate her."

4 hours ago, marmalade said:

I think Joel  is a good fit for Kelly. He's one of the few cohosts who don't kiss up to her, and she can't dominate the conversation like she always does.

Was Michael 's prom really on  a Tuesday night? That just seemed weird. 

Kelly's dresses have been very nice, the the summer styles are showing more of her so called "fit" body, and some of it is disturbing.  Her legs are literally skin and bones .  And a back view of her in a dress that showed her shoulders and part of her back was just u healthy looking .   She is basically all head. Now without makeup she looks very aged and ragged, mostly from looking  too thin in the face . Doesn't anyone around her think it's an issue? She can pretend all she wants that she eats, but that behavior is very typical for those with eating disorders. 

At least, she isn't wearing the wife beaters anymore. I remember her wearing them all the time when she co-hosted with Regis. Maybe, she didn't have the money then. LOL!!. Now, she looks put together. She's still way tooooooo skinny for me but she dresses nicer.

Regis often used to talk about what good friends he was with Trump, & tell funny stories about them spending time together.  Trump even appeared as a guest on Live! from time to time (I always changed channels immediately whenever that happened).  I'd be interested to know what Regis thinks about his pal's behavior as a candidate, though I doubt he'd be willing to speak frankly about it in public.

• Love 1
On June 3, 2016 at 9:55 AM, ByaNose said:

I will say that Kelly & Mark work really well together. Who knew? LOL!! Seriously, they were really good today. They keep the laughs going & the show runs so smooth. Obviously, Mark wouldn't get hired full time since they are married and take their vacations at the same time. Who would host when they were gone? LOL!!! They were really meant for each other and it's all because of a soap. 

BTW!!! I want their whole Friday Beach Set. It's amazing looking. It looks very Pottery Barn but they don't have anything on their website about the furniture they are using. I would kill for the driftwood coffee table. 

I think it's doubtful Mark will get the job. His new Fox show, Pitch, about the first female major league baseball player, was supposed to be on Fox's Midseason Schedule then was moved--after the Fall Schedule was announced--to Thursday nights on the Fall Schedule (presumably to at least part of Bones' timeslot; they're now holding that show's final season until midseason). And Mark's show shoots in LA.

Ryan was ok...kind of dumb abt the private dicks. ..guess he's not the scholar I thought. Haha. 

Kellmee was doing her best cuz Ryan is big in Hollywood, with his radio show and tv gigs.  She doesn't try as much,  or is not as purposefully  (fakey) effervescent with others like Joel, D.L., Fred, etc.  IMHO. 

God, when is her contact up?  

• Love 2
(edited)

Alec Baldwin was pretty funny as usual. He would actually make a good host. Of course, Kelly has to go overboard about how kind and generous he is. Oddly enough, she forgot to mention that he beats people up & called his daughter a pig. LOL!!!

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 3

The problem with Alec is he's unpredictable.  Can be the nicest guy on earth one day and hell on earth the next.  He's a terrific guest-host, but I don't think he'd work out in the day-to-day.

• Love 2

Dont like Alec Baldwin ...ever since the ridiculous divorce case with Kim Basinger, and calling the daughter a pig. He seems like an arrogant blowhard and a bully.  This  new wife and having all the kids,  and doing yoga with her to sell dvds is also ridiculous coming from a guy with anger issues. 

I loved when 30 Rock Liz Lemon found a photo of a young Alec and asked him,  incredulously,  "What happened to you?"   Indeed, aging affects men too. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm only 15 minutes in to today's show, and all I can say is please, no more Jerry O'Connell!! If anyone thought Fred Savage was begging for the job, just look at host chat with Jerry O'Connell. Hyper doesn't even begin to describe him. Trying way too hard. How many times did he say "That was a joke!" after some lame attempt to be funny. I don't think there is any chance he will get the job. I could sense that Kelly is over him too.

Oh dear Lord, he just went over and danced with the trivia dancer. 

Edited by MzTori77
  • Love 5
(edited)

I don't think Jerry is famous or even hot enough for Kelly (in her eyes)  to inappropriately suck up to in terms of double ententres or be enhanced by partnering with him. ..even though he's younger than her. His nervous joking also is a turn off to her cuz she is not the center of attention.  Notice how many times she asked abt his kids. He's a family guy with a beautiful wife of whom Kellme doesn't hold a candle to,  so he's out. 

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 1
(edited)

I don't believe Kelly reads that much.  She mentions alot of tv that she watches,  and with 3 kids, there's not that much time, even though she works only abt 2 hours a day. 

She didn't mention a genre or type of books she reads either, and most readers LOVE to talk abt what they're currrently reading.  Plus when has Kelly talked abt books before? Or had authors on that she would like to meet, ala Craig Ferguson?  Aside from Stephen King who goes everywhere.

And except for that bullshit of carrying Gladwells's book and the other book I don't remember,  during her 4 day pout,  Kelly's not exactly known for EVER previously mentioning a book or reading in general.  Nope. Not buying it.

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 3

Has anyone noticed how recently Kelly hangs her mouth wide open like everything is sooooo shocking.  It reminds me of when right after Regis left she would come out in the beginning of the show and point to someone in the audience and act real surprised.   It was so over the top.  

I thought for the longest time that she purposely was trying to dance like Elaine because she was a friend of Jerry Seinfeld.   I have never seen anyone dance like that, at least on purpose.  Maybe it's a New York style.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Tosia said:

I don't believe Kelly reads that much.  She mentions alot of tv that she watches,  and with 3 kids, there's not that much time, even though she works only abt 2 hours a day. 

She didn't mention a genre or type of books she reads either, and most readers LOVE to talk abt what they're currrently reading.  Plus when has Kelly talked abt books before? Or had authors on that she would like to meet, ala Craig Ferguson?  Aside from Stephen King who goes everywhere.

And except for that bullshit of carrying Gladwells's book and the other book I don't remember,  during her 4 day pout,  Kelly's not exactly known for EVER previously mentioning a book or reading in general.  Nope. Not buying it.

I agree, Tosia. Not saying she never reads a book, but I don't believe she's any voracious reader either. The only times I recall her mentioning reading a book is when she has said that she reads the books her children have to read for school. 

You're so right about the free time for reading, but you left out one of her biggest time-eating activities.....the hours she spends every day exercising! We know she probably works out or spins every day, and she recently said she is in Central Park (running) almost every day. 

• Love 3

It seemed like a lot of people wanted Fred Savage as the new co-host, but I was not that impressed. I felt he tried way way too hard.  He was over the top and boarding on obnoxious at times. The first time he hosted he was good, but then I think the feedback went to his head, and he had to overdo it. I am not offended by sex talk, but it's something that I don't need to visualize. I don't need to know how and where his babies were made, and how it was hard to do because of they ate too much!  Yuck.   It's just TMI, and just on the level of a teenager.  The conversation that he had with Kelly was just stupid, and he was definitely trying way too hard. I am thinking someone is desperate for steady work with a very high salary.

I think Jerry O'Connell is actually not bad.   He isn't overdoing it now.   He used to just be so goofy, but these past two days are not bad.

As far as Kelly reading a lot, I have to laugh.   She said she puts things on her e-reader, but somehow was able to carry around that book to send a message to Disney when she had her little fit!  I doubt she's doing any heavy reading.  The last book I remember actually talking about in detail was  Fifty Shades of Grey!

I like Jerry too, and I hope he is a contender.  

When it comes to Kelly being a reader, I liken it to my co-workers who claim to be voracious readers. They read 50 Shades and lots of YA lit like Harry Potter and The Hunger Games.  I remember reading Kelly's buddy Andy Cohen raving about The Hunger Games trilogy, I remember thinking my 12 year old niece raving about The Hunger Games trilogy.

• Love 1

You guys really like Jerry O'Connell? I didn't see today, but I watched most of yesterday and thought he was every bit as over-the-top as Fred Savage! He tried so hard to be funny, but I thought most of it fell flat. Looks like I may be in the minority though haha!

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, MzTori77 said:

You guys really like Jerry O'Connell? I didn't see today, but I watched most of yesterday and thought he was every bit as over-the-top as Fred Savage! He tried so hard to be funny, but I thought most of it fell flat. Looks like I may be in the minority though haha!

Now you know how I feel, I'm a Kelly fan!  :)

• Love 2

I cannot imagine Kelly spending a lot of time reading. I have read that a lot of days she does TWO spin classes. I think her free time is consumed with exercise and eating three goldfish crackers.

• Love 6
(edited)
12 hours ago, Tosia said:

I am gone to work for 10 hours a day, have a house etc and I read over 60 books last year.  None of my friends read or maybe they will read one paperback over the whole summer.  We readers keep to ourselves.

11 hours ago, MzTori77 said:

I agree, Tosia. Not saying she never reads a book, but I don't believe she's any voracious reader either. The only times I recall her mentioning reading a book is when she has said that she reads the books her children have to read for school.

Yep, that's what we do.  We will read anything.  I think it's great she reads and can discuss with her kids their school reading.

6 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

When it comes to Kelly being a reader, I liken it to my co-workers who claim to be voracious readers. They read 50 Shades and lots of YA lit like Harry Potter and The Hunger Games.  I remember reading Kelly's buddy Andy Cohen raving about The Hunger Games trilogy, I remember thinking my 12 year old niece raving about The Hunger Games trilogy.

50 Shades was crap!  It wasn't a regular book but fan fiction off the internet without even an editor.  Harry Potter has between 500 and 700 pages and is an excellent example of fantasy fiction and has changed children's lit forever.  Before Harry kids would read books of 60 - 110 pages.  Now a kid reader wouldn't even pick those books up.  Teen fiction is an excellent book for work lunches and breaks.  My favorite author is Dom Testa and his Galahad series.  The final book blew my mind.  The Hunger Games didn't grab me at all but different strokes.

At work I am reading Little White Lies by Townley.  At home I am reading King George VI and In the Garden of the Beast by Larson and always have a historical atlas handy.  A very eclectic selection.

I think she is very much a reader.  The gym is the best place to read, that's why they have magazine racks at the entrance. Have to wait for kids at sporting events?  Read.  Have a doctors appointment?  Bring a book ................

I am no fan of hers but here I can give her credit.  I liked her explanation too and will use it for people who (gasp) think reading is stupid.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 7

Didja notice how well Kevin Hart channeled aggrieved Regis?  All the protestations about how other people just wouldn't do things the way he wanted them to do?  That's Page One of the Regis' Playbook.  Of course, all of it was entirely inconsequential and there was no actual hint of real anger.  It was just poor, put-upon head of his castle Kevin.

He was great.  

THAT is the magic potion Disney is desperate to re-create.  What accomplished male is universally liked and can credibly act out as his world just isn't what he wants it to be?  Day after day after day.

Kelly at least had the intelligence to let some of Kevin's bits breathe and to allow the payoffs to stand for themselves without interjecting.  I'm not counting on that happening again in the near future.

• Love 3

Have any of you seen Kellmee's new line of home goods with Macy's?  OMG, so surprised to see sheets, pillows, furniture...........wow, when did all this happen?  Has she ever mentioned it on the show?  

I know I'm stating the obvious but Kelly & Mark have gray chemistry. When one was about to tell a story the other starts smiling because they know what the other is going to say. She posted some pictures on Twitter of Michael's graduation & Lola's Birthday. She may be super rich & obnoxious but her kids seem like very well adjusted kids who are well behaved & nice. Of course, I don't live with them and they are probably terrors at home like all teenagers. LOL!!!

1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

I know I'm stating the obvious but Kelly & Mark have gray chemistry. When one was about to tell a story the other starts smiling because they know what the other is going to say. She posted some pictures on Twitter of Michael's graduation & Lola's Birthday. She may be super rich & obnoxious but her kids seem like very well adjusted kids who are well behaved & nice. Of course, I don't live with them and they are probably terrors at home like all teenagers. LOL!!!

Her kids do seem "normal".  We've never seen a story in a tabloid about any of them, doesn't mean they haven't been mouthy teenagers, but, not in print.  Both Kelly and Mark come from families where their parents have been married for a very long time so I would think their expectation was to stay married.  I think it also helps that they are of the same faith as both their families and makes all those decisions about the kids a foregone conclusion.  I am not disparaging mixed marriages - I am in one of them and they can work well too.  Just saying they have a lot going for them to stay married and raise children probably the way they were raised, for the most part.  And I still think Kelly is sort of playing a part on the show.  If she were that awful, she wouldn't have friends that stuck with her for as long as she says and we'd be hearing many more stories of her diva ways.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, finnzup said:

Have any of you seen Kellmee's new line of home goods with Macy's?  OMG, so surprised to see sheets, pillows, furniture...........wow, when did all this happen?  Has she ever mentioned it on the show?  

No, I haven't been to Macy's, but I was surprised to see Kelly's home fabrics at JoAnn's abt 2 weeks ago!   When I think of home decorators,  Kelly's name does not come to mind,  so this is weird. Lending her image and name to soft linens is another dollar in her bank. Not my style.

9 hours ago, Tosia said:

No, I haven't been to Macy's, but I was surprised to see Kelly's home fabrics at JoAnn's abt 2 weeks ago!   When I think of home decorators,  Kelly's name does not come to mind,  so this is weird. Lending her image and name to soft linens is another dollar in her bank. Not my style.

I would have to agree that when I think of Kelly it doesn't scream home decorating. I've seen pictures of her NYC home and it's very stark, modern & white. I'm sure it's all about branding yourself for lots of $$$$$$$. Everyone talks about her $20 Million a year for doing live. I can't imagine how much more she makes with her endorsements. Another 20 Mill???

• Love 1

I read she is on vacation until July 5th, so everything will be prerecorded until then. I imagine part of her meltdown about MS leaving had to do with how it screws up her AND the crew's summer vacation plans. I can't say I blame her on that point. It used to be she would go on vacay, MS (and before him Regis) would carry on with guest co-hosts, and vice versa. There would be some overlap of vacations, where they would have shortened prerecorded co-host chats and the guest interviews would be reruns. When Regis left they had plenty of notice to prepare for what they would do for vacations. However, in the current case, I imagine Gelman and the other producers had to scramble to schedule guest co-hosts to do prerecorded shows. Although MS wasn't supposed to leave as soon as he did, the tension was evident and it's probably just as well that he went. For that, I blame all involved, not just Kelly.

• Love 1