Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

Considering that Kimmel and Muir both work for ABC, perhaps it was not their choice to guest host.

Ah. For some reason I was thinking that Live! was a syndicated show and not necessarily an ABC entity.

But that makes sense. And Kimmel seems to thrive on some of those long-distance treks.

It's actually both. It's syndicated and it's mostly on ABC stations (they probably have the first right of refusal) and it's owned by Disney/ABC.

Which was amazing for me to learn because in my TV market it runs on the local NBC station and competes in its time slot against The View. You'd think Disney/ABC wouldn't want its shows going against each other, even in syndication.

Really?  None of them do it for me.  I like a lot of them, but, in that particular situation, not so much.  Is the suggestion for RuPaul to do it in full getup?  I don't think he would want to.  But, anyway, none of these seem to be suitable for that gig. YMMV

Fox announced Friday they were moving the final season of Bones from the Fall Schedule--where it was on Thursdays (I think)--to midseason. Mark's new show, Pitch, which was supposed to start at midseason, when they announced the schedule at Fox's Upfront presentation, is replacing Bones on the Fall Schedule.

I've wanted to say something since I watch the show every day. I also watch GMA. Michael Strahan is bombing. Just goes to show that her ditzy on air persona  was exactly what Strahan needed to succeed. Without her as his foil, he pretty much flounders on GMA. 

On the other hand, Billy Bush is a real pro. It is well known that he is loathe to acknowledge the fact that GWB is his first cousin and that GHWB is his grandfather. It will be interesting to see if the "embargo" on mentioning those facts are lifted 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, maryis1 said:

I've wanted to say something since I watch the show every day. I also watch GMA. Michael Strahan is bombing. Just goes to show that her ditzy on air persona  was exactly what Strahan needed to succeed. Without her as his foil, he pretty much flounders on GMA. 

On the other hand, Billy Bush is a real pro. It is well known that he is loathe to acknowledge the fact that GWB is his first cousin and that GHWB is his grandfather. It will be interesting to see if the "embargo" on mentioning those facts are lifted 

And, that he's related to Jenna Bush Hager. That one I would keep to myself. She is awful and her face hurts me.

• Love 2

The more time Kelly has to talk, the more "ums, uhs & ahs."  I cannot listen to that inability to talk anymore.

I had to do a double take to make sure David Muir wasn't some Disney show teenager - wow.  I, too, loved how he handled the chat after Kelly interrupted him.

Regis did not get to choose Kelly as his co-host, but Disney will probably let her choose simply to keep her from acting like an entitled idiot.

How odd to see Fred Savage climbing out of his chair over to Kelly's, talking about that stupid Bachelor show - although back in the day, her recaps were funny.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, maryis1 said:

I don't think Michael's "floundering" on GMA. Mileage varies, I suppose.

GHWB is Billy Bush's uncle, not grandfather. As you said, Billy & GWB are first cousins.

• Love 2

Fred Savage is a funny a guy. He might be tryinig too hard to "be on" though. He looks like he would enjoy a nice gig like this but I'm not sure if he would be willing to move his family from California to NYC. I think he's lived there his whole life. Of course, money talks. LOL!!!!

• Love 2

I think Fred is adorable. I'm almost old enough to be his grandmother and I think he brings an enthusiasm. Whether he can keep it up, or we would get tired of it, or if he is and wants to be a contender remains to be seen. 

22 minutes ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

I think we could have a winner.  "Kelly and Fred" sounds horrific.....  "Kelly and Savage" might work.

I think Live with Kelly and Fred would be a hoot.  I am guessing that Kelly found him too much today.  With her other guest co-hosts last week she was practically tonguing them.  I think she has learned that she needs someone who will not overshadow her. She did not seem happy about his stunt with the chair (which I thought was hilarious and brave, especially live).  No over the shoulder, over the top laughing and love love love.

He would not be her pick.

1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

I do love Fred, but I don't think he's a viable option for permanent co-host.

I agree.  For one thing, he lives in LA and not sure he wants to move.  Also, he seems too high energy for Kelly and she has to try and put herself back into the action too much.  I've noticed with Fred that he doesn't rely on the articles Gelman provides. I wonder how long he could keep up that pace of stories to tell.

I wonder how long he could keep up that pace of stories to tell.

Right, that would be difficult to maintain.  One of Regis's talents was he could tell a story about going out to dinner or going to a movie, seemingly mundane acts, and make it entertaining.  That was one of Michael's problems, he worked so much, had so many jobs, he didn't have many anecdotes about his daily life.

Also, he seems too high energy for Kelly and she has to try and put herself back into the action too much.

Contrary to other posters, I don't believe Kelly has that much of a say in who the next co-host is, that's the producer's job.

• Love 4
(edited)

Kelly needs a younger cohost who can relate to younger actors like James McAvoy...who I have loved since The Lion, Witch,cand Wardrobe.  He's in the Xmen movies which I doubt Kelly has seen unless she watched with Joachim.

She also stepped on the compliments that McEvoy was giving Fred this morning for the Wonder Years. You wd think she cd keep quiet, but the  ego is powerful in this one. 

Kelly is not a good  actress cuz i have noticed she over - exaggerates her interested,  listening face, as well as other emotions. It's looks so phony.  She no longer shows the clever repartee when she first started with Regis.  Also, stammering uh uh uh .......seriously she can't get rid of that poor habit? Not impressed. Fred is coming off as sweet and likable, so I doubt he will be the new co host.

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 8

I guess if Fred gets another invite back he'll be a contender. Tomorrow Seal is co-hosting. I'll pass on that. Then it's Andy Cohen on Thursday & Friday. He's pretty funny when he's on the show but I wouldn't want him 24/7. I'm sure the show will be off next week since Memorial Day is on Monday.God forbid the show not give Kelly off the whole week. LOL!! Kelly, Andy & Anderson will all probably jet out to The Hamptons right after the show to start their partying.

• Love 2

I feel that her over-exaggerating everything emotionally has hit a new high since the co-hosting started.  Could not agree with you more, Tosia.   Feeling some 2nd hand embarrassment for Kelly even.

• Love 4

Fred is ok, but he's definitely trying to hard to get this job.  Yesterday it was just a bit too much of the sex details. It sure seemed like he was so excited that he was liked by the audience that he was over the top silly. 

I don't care if, when and how a couple does it.  I don't need images in my head of Kelly and Mark or Fred and his wife!  I wasn't offended, it was just too juvenile.  It was giving me flashbacks to 4 years ago when Kelly was solo and we had to hear about her and Marky doing it all the time.  

I think Kelly would not love to have him as a co-host because he is already popular with the audience, and she does not like someone who overshadows her. She has a very fragile ego, and she needs to be in control. 

The funny thing about Kelly is that suddenly she is trying to behave as if she has some restraint about bathroom and sex talk at times. When she said that Nick Jonas asked to go to the  "powder room" in her house that night,  it was hilarious, since we used to be treated to the size of her tampons, the "flow", the state of other women's parts in the locker room, details about her delivery and other gross details!  

• Love 5

Most of the people on that list (that I've heard of) are super annoying. "Dr."Jenny McCarthy? Ugh. Rosie Perez would make my ears bleed by 9:05. Caitlyn Jenner? Just no, over exposed a year ago. A Kardashian? Possibly the worst suggestion.

• Love 2

Wow, Fred Savage was practically begging for the job. Those who think he wouldn't want to move from LA? Ha ha, he would have the moving fan packed before the ink was dry.

• Love 1
(edited)

Memorial Day Monday is definitely a pre-tape.  The rest of the week looks plausibly live, though now we are in summer, Fridays have been pretapes for well over a decade.  I can see some Thursdays also getting the pre-tape treatment.

http://interbridge.com/lineups.html#RK

Mo 5/30: Mariah Carey, Chris Byrne, guest co-host Jussie Smollett
Tu 5/31: Maya Rudolph, the winner of the Scripps National Spelling Bee, guest co-host Common
We 6/1: Gloria Estefan, X Ambassadors, guest co-host Anderson Cooper
Th 6/2: Beth Behrs, Alexander Jean, guest co-host Anderson Cooper
Fr 6/3: Laura Linney, Paula Abdul, guest co-host Mark Consuelos

Edited by SanDiegoInExile

I tried to watch Kelly with Seal & it was just SO uncomfortable.  I think she mentioned three times in the first ten minutes that she was married a long time.  So, Kelly, let's stick it in & twist it because Heidi & Seal are divorced.  IDIOT!!!

• Love 6

I thought Kelly and Seal were uncomfortable to watch, but I do not think she was trying to stick it to him and Heidi that they got a divorce and she is married. Sometimes a comment is just that and there is nothing to read into. Seal just is too mellow for co-hosting duties.

I liked Fred Savage as well, but also agree that he might not want the gig with the moving from California and the fact that he is more of a director these days and has a nice directing resume. He might want to continue with more of that.

While I like Anderson Cooper and Andy Cohen as co-hosts, I am somewhat doubtful that either one want to be a permanent co-host. Though I could see Andy Cohen more as a permanent co-host than Anderson Cooper.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

I thought Kelly and Seal were uncomfortable to watch, but I do not think she was trying to stick it to him and Heidi that they got a divorce and she is married. Sometimes a comment is just that and there is nothing to read into. Seal just is too mellow for co-hosting duties.

I liked Fred Savage as well, but also agree that he might not want the gig with the moving from California and the fact that he is more of a director these days and has a nice directing resume. He might want to continue with more of that.

While I like Anderson Cooper and Andy Cohen as co-hosts, I am somewhat doubtful that either one want to be a permanent co-host. Though I could see Andy Cohen more as a permanent co-host than Anderson Cooper.

My bold.  Normally I'd agree with you @Misslindsey, but Kelly mentioned HER marriage AT LEAST three times in the first TEN minutes.  Either she's totally oblivious or .....  Just sayin'.

• Love 4

And.....after mentioning ad nauseum that she's "been married for a l-o-n-g time...." she then puts the icing on the cake with the "oh and btw, I was once mistaken for your ex, Heidi Klum!"

Where does this girl get the cajones?!  

Yes Kellmee, because a 5 foot and change 'little fella' looks just like Heidi Klum.

I was actually embarrassed for her.

• Love 11
12 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

Memorial Day Monday is definitely a pre-tape.  The rest of the week looks plausibly live, though now we are in summer, Fridays have been pretapes for well over a decade.  I can see some Thursdays also getting the pre-tape treatment.

http://interbridge.com/lineups.html#RK

Mo 5/30: Mariah Carey, Chris Byrne, guest co-host Jussie Smollett
Tu 5/31: Maya Rudolph, the winner of the Scripps National Spelling Bee, guest co-host Common
We 6/1: Gloria Estefan, X Ambassadors, guest co-host Anderson Cooper
Th 6/2: Beth Behrs, Alexander Jean, guest co-host Anderson Cooper
Fr 6/3: Laura Linney, Paula Abdul, guest co-host Mark Consuelos

I'm in on any day with Jussie Smollett!!  I'm an old lady, but .....

• Love 1

Fred is extremely popular on all of the Live sites.  I actually think he could be very good, but will Kelly's ego be able to handle him having such a huge fan base?   I think she couldn't handle him as co-host, but the show probably does need someone who can lead the host chat, since 20 million dollar Kelly still can't do it without someone else taking over, or having clippings.

2 hours ago, finnzup said:

And.....after mentioning ad nauseum that she's "been married for a l-o-n-g time...." she then puts the icing on the cake with the "oh and btw, I was once mistaken for your ex, Heidi Klum!"

Where does this girl get the cajones?!  

Yes Kellmee, because a 5 foot and change 'little fella' looks just like Heidi Klum.

I was actually embarrassed for her.

Why would she even bring up his ex?   So tacky!   She couldn't even look like Heidi Klum before she "trimmed down" into her current state, which BTW is getting scarier by the day.   

Maybe, Kelly's need to remind us how happily and how long she has been married is more about her than her co-hosts.  Lately she has to keep reminding us about her marriage and digging into people who are divorced. At first I thought it was about her anger at Michael, but I am sure she's not angry at Seal, but the fact he is divorced seemed to be stuck in her caffeinated brain this morning!

Usually when someone is picking at someone else, it's about their insecurities.  Maybe Kelly is a bit worried that Markie will be in LA for months at a time taping his new show, and maybe she's a bit insecure about that.

I always wondered why 99.9% of the couples Kelly and Mark hang with are gay men. They all seem like great guys, but it almost seems like every person on the show who is gay and a male is good friends with Kelly and Mark, and they are super close, go on vacations, etc.  I kind of wondered if Kelly is a bit too insecure to have many female/male couples vacationing or hanging with her and Mark a lot.  

The more Kelly shows her true self, the more her insecure, competitive, and entitled personality comes out, and it's not good.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Kelly does talk about their couple friends too and her long time girlfriends. I have my own theories about the gay men friends. 

So you're just going to leave this here and not share these theories??

• Love 2

Seal has the personality of a bag of dirt. Whose genius idea was it to have him guest host? I can't fault Kelly for today's flop because she must have been really straining to make conversation. Just from the little I saw of Seal today, I don't think I would like him at all. I don't mean just as a permanent host, I mean I just don't think he's a very likable person in general. 

• Love 1
On 5/24/2016 at 11:09 AM, sugarbaker design said:

One of Regis's talents was he could tell a story about going out to dinner or going to a movie, seemingly mundane acts, and make it entertaining.

Regis is old school talk show host.  One of the last of the greats.  Now days everyone wants a talk show.

9 hours ago, orangekit said:

Why would she even bring up his ex?   So tacky!   She couldn't even look like Heidi Klum before she "trimmed down" into her current state, which BTW is getting scarier by the day.   

That story was so ridiculous.  Even if it was real, why bring it up to Seal?

9 hours ago, orangekit said:

Usually when someone is picking at someone else, it's about their insecurities.

True!  In this day and age, to constantly harp on divorce is so narrow minded.  My opinion is that she will run out her contract and we may be seeing the last of her.  I have this feeling she really pissed off the wrong people.

• Love 9

I just assumed that when Seal said the staff got a 5 out of 10 singing his song outside his dressing room (and he should not have said that!), that she was all about payback. Yes, he was a less  than stellar co-host, but seriously, mentioning his ex?  That was passive aggressive Kelly at her best.

• Love 4

As many sources (& there were many on my Twitter feed) as reported Rob Lowe's in negotiation, or whatever, to be Kelly's new co-host, 1 said it was definitely not true. I follow him on Twitter (longtime The West Wing fan); he's filming a movie somewhere on location right now. Guess we'll see what happens.

In my opinion, Kelly could've found something else to talk about besides stories involving Heidi Klum. She had at least 3 stories involving Heidi. I know Seal & Heidi apparently still get along, but Kelly could've talked about other topics.

• Love 5

As low energy as Seal was, he still was able to incorporate those disjointed articles that Gelman left to him way better than Kelly does!   He looked as if he actually memorized the articles and brought them up in conversation.  Kelly to this day barely can read and keep her place without "Umm and Uhh's" over and over.    

I agree that she has pissed off the wrong people, and has a major inflated ego.  I think that ABC will bide their time and get their revenge on her when needed.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, marmalade said:

I agree that she has pissed off the wrong people, and has a major inflated ego.  I think that ABC will bide their time and get their revenge on her when needed.

This link talks about just that.  Her contract ends next year.

On 5/25/2016 at 3:31 PM, lookeyloo said:

I'm not sure it is allowed?  Has to do with oldest son.  In my opinion only, nothing more than that.

My opinion is similar to yours, but regarding husband instead of oldest son.

• Love 2