Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

For years I was always indifferent to Billy. That is until Billy Miller took over the role. Since BM left, I've gone back to being indifferent, heh.

THIS - so much.  Billy Miller made the character of Billy lovable, in spite of his constant screw-ups.  They are never going to replace him, and I hate to see an Abbott gone, but I think the character is just useless.  UO, of course, but I feel the same way about Michael Muhney - the tension created by the real dislike coming from EB made that character work, and he can't be replaced, either.  I watch GH, just to see Billy Miller, and I would watch any other garbage just to see Michael Muhney.  Please don't kill me, people!

• Love 14

crosby777 quote

At least sent him off screen for a few years.

This!  They had the perfect opportunity a la Phylis' coma story.  Jill should have swooped in when they declared him brain dead and refused to pull the plug and put him in the bestest, most advanced coma-care facility far away in Switzerland or Atlanta and then we could wait until TIIC talked Billy Miller into coming back.  I'd wait for that.  From what little I saw of Nununununupinocchiobilly that one fateful day I watched, this aint no Billy.  This one couldn't play cards or drink an Irish Pub dry or elicit sympathy for being a fuchup with his boyish grin ever. (Wow, I really miss Billy Miller!)  From what I read here-this ridiculous plot about the supercomputerprogram and hackerchick, they could have written anybody (Sharon, Marissa, Wee Johny) to pair up with Phyl and it still would make the same sense it does now.

movinon quote

but I feel the same way about Michael Muhney -

=sniff= me, too.  I think he got the character of Adam and played it.  Also miss him with Jack-in suits.

• Love 9

I just don't understand why they are having such a problem recasting him. I'm sure there are many blondish actors with boyish charms who can play cocky, and funny and impulsive. Jensen Ackles comes to mind because he is great in that kind of role, even though he's unavailable, but I'm sure there is someone else out there who can fit the bill.

And stop making him look 45. .

Edited by jewel21
  • Love 11

Jensen Ackles comes to mind because he is great in that kind of role,

Can you imagine?  *swoon*

My husband is a truck driver, and he told me that he was in a truck stop just near Columbus OH; he was in the drivers' lounge and the (male) truckers were watching Show :D

Lol! There was an episode of Criminal Minds where the (male) agents were watching in their hotel room.  Though to be fair, another CBS show.

• Love 6

It would be fabulous, peacheslatour but it doesn't even have to be him.

I remember watching Tru Calling years ago and loving the character of Harrison. He was funny, cocky, a bit of a screw-up to say the least, a gambler, and a reluctant hero. And he was cute. The actor in the role was Shawn Reeves and while he might be too young for the role, he would have been perfect in it.

Again, there are so many characters on various TV shows that fit the description of Billy. Cast one of them, heh.

• Love 3

I really liked the Adam/Noah scenes, Adam's refusing to throw Noah under the bus and his backing Noah up. 

While I don't agree with Adam's advice about keeping silent, it was nice to see them "bonding". 

Natalie's comments about Vicky were hilarious. 

• Love 2

I really wish Natalie was Victor and Ashley's child.  Don't ask me how that would work, but she's such an improvement over Dummer and I would much prefer to see her taking Dummers place as a Newman scion, taking on her father in ways that Mop, Dick or Abby never could.  On an intellectual level.  I think she confounds him.

• Love 5

i guess we can say sayonara to dr. a cause on today's cdn eppy, nick and sharon walk into sandy's office and she is on the floor after being stabbed in the back.

nick also had figured it out that sandy is sandra allen from high school.

• Love 6

They should have killed Billy off!

Usually I reserve my "If you can't do it right, don't do it at all," rule for the depiction of women and minorities. However Billy...?

If you can't do right by him, I see nothing wrong with disposing of him altogether.

To me, Billy Miller was the standard. Burgess Jenkins was juuuuust starting to grow on me when he disappeared. Like jewel21, I wonder just how hard it is to find a talented, roguish young actor. I'm trying to be patient, but I still think of Billy as a character who should be a bit of a rascal. For Pete's sake. Not only was it a part of his charm, but--I've alluded to this before--when characters spout lines that mention Billy's faults, I would like to have a believable portrayal to support their complaining!

I want to give the new actor a chance. And I will. 

I just think that if TPTB are going in a new direction with the character, something needs to be done differently.

And another storyline wrapping up all of a sudden!  And now it will be a murder whodoneit!

I'm still not sure of how I feel about this change. I wanted her to stop her shenanigans, but I didn't necessarily want her to die.

Meanwhile, I suppose the actor who plays The Good Dr. is still on her primetime series. (I've seen her on one of the NCIS shows.)

Which is fine with me.  I couldn't stand Dr. Weaselface.  That stupid innocent, wide eyed expression and obvious agenda was making me all stabby.

YUP!! 

And of course Patti will be the only one to know Sharon was not pregnant but will be the killer me thinks.... 

I don't think she'll be the killer. Or at least, I hope not. But I definitely see her as a suspect. 

Edited by C76
  • Love 6

I'm guessing some suicide shit to set up Sagebrush or whatever. This whole storyline was Snoresville.

I agree about Billy. Each recast gets worse and less Billy-like. Next he'll be played by the Spinelli guy from GH .

• Love 4

Chelsea's become so angry annoying, nothing Adam does or says is right for her.

Liked Sharon not being stupid but instead playing Dr.Anderson for information to help put the pieces together with Nick.  Sharon & Nick are so much more interesting together. Also funny they figured it out without insta-detective Dylan. 

• Love 10

My money's on the day player orderly. If Dr. A was going down, he would too. Hope they don't pin this on Patti.

So much for the spumour that Sharon was going to be seen running away from the scene. I enjoyed watching her play Sandy. About time Sharon was allowed to do something positive for a change. 

• Love 10

Next he'll be played by the Spinelli guy from GH .

The horror!  I would however, never stop laughing if they brought in Tony Geary.  He certainly has the roguishness and the snarkiness.

Oh, I can picture it all right.  Who cares if he's too old, it couldn't fuck Show up any more than it already is.

• Love 6

I finally got around to watching the CDN on Saturday. I had already spoiled myself on Dr. A's death, but it was still glorious to see it with my own eyes, heh.

It was also kind of nice to see Sharon and Nick actually working together and I like that Sharon was able to take her blinders off and finally see Dr. A for the psycho she really was.

And now that she's dead, that rumour about her trying to convince Sharon to stop her meds altogether will never come to fruition. Thank God.!

If I were Sharon, the first thing I would do when I got back home, would be to take my original dosage of meds. Fuck you, Dr. A!

• Love 9

What did I learn today? That the GCPD doesn't give a damn about the phrase "conflict of interest". Father and son officers questioning their sister and sister-in-law? Noooo problem!

Seriously. If anyone can give me an example of that flying in real life, go right ahead. ;)

I missed the first half of today's show, so who knows what I missed. Still, try as they might, no one can convince me that Patty killed Sandy.

• Love 6

I laughed out loud when Luca asked Victor if he posted some selfies from his vacation.

Having Patty be the killer is such a cop out, I liked Nick's first thought being that Sage did it. Sharon's the one who had to remind him that his wife isn't really crazy. LOL

I enjoyed the Nick/Sharon alone together scenes and them working as a team. The GH'ers just can't compare to the Nick/Sharon history and chemistry.

Noah's NOW going to care Victor brought down hell on the people he loved? Oh please, the man gaslit his mother and now only cares because lying married Marissa got herself kidnapped.

• Love 4

I agree about Billy. Each recast gets worse and less Billy-like. Next he'll be played by the Spinelli guy from GH .

Not Spinelli - I can't watch that guy on GH.  I know people that love that character, but it's lost on me. 

o_general-hospital-spinelli-dvds-b99a.jp

Edited by movinon
  • Love 2

And just like that in the same damned episode we have the police there, coroner removing the body, investigation done by Dylan of Sage, blood on Patti and we see Patti committing the crime......repeat.....in the same episode!!   Another storyline wrapped up, what's up?

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Love 4

And just like that in the same damned episode we have the police there, coroner removing the body, investigation done by Dylan of Sage, blood on Patti and we see Patti committing the crime......repeat.....in the same episode!!   Another storyline wrapped up, what's up?

more than likely, because of the backlash about this story, pratt was ordered to "wrap it up"..

the taping of these episodes coincided with mal young becoming supervising producer didn't they?

anyway, for whatever reason they/he have, i am happy it is over with.

i just hope that the "suits" are getting fed up with chuckles.

• Love 7

NOOOOOO - Not Patty.  They can't try her - she's crazy.  Damn Pratt to hell - I want Patty on this show everyday.  I am not at my best anyhow.  My cable box went out over the weekend and I had all last weeks shows still on it.  I was forced to watch the drivel on Uverse, which has no FF that I can find.  I was prepared with my Grey Goose and my will power, but it was overwhelming.  I turned on Simon and Garfunkel to sooth my nerves and turned down the Uverse sound, but I had to sit through all that garbage for about 9 minutes of actual watching.  I did enjoy the mug stealing, but my eyes will never recover from the sight of Cane and Lilly doing the nasty.  I do rejoice that Dr. Anderson is dead because I may be checking in at Fairview myself to recover. 

New cable box - new week, sort of - God help us all...................

Edited by movinon
  • Love 11

I really hate Max. Can't Stitch just drop him off at an orphanage or something?

4KqpF5.gif

Ewwww!!! Poor kid. He scarred for life now. Barf!!

I hope that child actor got some hazard pay.

#NeedEyeBleach

Maybe he'll think twice now before running off from his babysitter.

Seriously, though, why did he just take off from Crimson Light's to go back to the athletic club? I thought he found Summer hot and was having fun hanging out with her?

And I just realized I don't care enough about him to keep posting so off I go, heh.

• Love 8

Why can't Patty befriend Little Debbie by telling him how much Mr. Kitty loves snack cakes and then have him stuffed?

The child has lost whatever slight chance he ever had at having a normal life and he might just as well end up as a hood ornament.

BTW, didn't Stench and Abby in bed look like a stick insect was mating with a Twinkie?

• Love 6

spinxella quote and video

Damn-hadn't seen this child!  Creepy!  Like Macauly Caulkin in The Good Son upped a degree.   I can see him sweetly offering Slabby a muffin that he has methodically replaced the choco chips with rat pellets.  Being scarred for life by the stick-insect/twinkie mating  (good call, Boes) is the least of his worries.  There's some long term evil been brewed in that little soul. It's the baggy eyes (from sleepless nights listening to the demons in his head) that give it away.

Side note:  don't all kids have that "walked in on Ma and Pa 'doing it' moment?  I can remember my experience, I know my kids had it and I wouldn't say it scarred any of us for life.  It was squicky, awkward and way embarrassing all around, but really just one of those rites of passage.  I can understand the impact may be greater if your rite includes Scabby and Twitch, but, things could be worse.

• Love 9

4KqpF5.gif

I hope that child actor got some hazard pay.

#NeedEyeBleach

I agree. Stitch and Abby are gross. They are not boring gross. They are I need to look away gross. Anti-chemistry.

• Love 5

Okay, so NotBilly is not working. He looks wrong. Every time I see him I have to remind myself he's Jack's brother. He's not a bad actor; he's just not Billy Abbott. He possesses not one whit of BM's playfulness -- which, to my mind, is the reason he worked, for a time, with AH. And so Villy are blah as hell. I fucking hate what the show has done to Phack in order to push NotBilly. Phyllis was talking to Jack like a straight up deranged freak. She told him his concern for Billy was "a load of crap"?????!!!!! And she said it twice. He questioned whether Billy was over the internet deal and going after Victor and she got pissed off at him (despite knowing he's right). He expressed genuine fear for his brother's state of mind and even life if he follows his bad patterns again. She disgustedly told him he needs to believe in his brother (because she knows better than JACK what his own brother needs -- RME) while she and Billy are lying to Jack's face. It's vile. She might as well fuck Billy because this is pretty close. ugh. And of course Jack has to be stupid. So too does Victoria for this story to work on any level (I use the word "work" loosely here).

Pratt fucking ruins everything. I loved GT and I loved how she played Phyllis's love for Jack. That's now gone to shit. Seriously, please fuck Boring Billy and go away together. Let Jack have a decent story instead of playing the chump again. Maybe he can hook up with Patty. At least she puts him first.

• Love 13

I wonder how long this tantrum Nick threw at Victor lasts. Nick doesn't even know what his own son is doing and that Victor and now Adam are covering for him. Or that 2 seconds later after his yelling at Victor to stay away from his life, Victor calls up Summer who's now working for him. Nick needs to start paying attention to what his kids are up to.

I hate when he just opens Sharon's door and walks in like he still lives there. You don't! 

• Love 7

Okay, so NotBilly is not working. He looks wrong. Every time I see him I have to remind myself he's Jack's brother. He's not a bad actor; he's just not Billy Abbott. He possesses not one whit of BM's playfulness -- which, to my mind, is the reason he worked, for a time, with AH. And so Villy are blah as hell. I fucking hate what the show has done to Phack in order to push NotBilly. Phyllis was talking to Jack like a straight up deranged freak. She told him his concern for Billy was "a load of crap"?????!!!!! And she said it twice. He questioned whether Billy was over the internet deal and going after Victor and she got pissed off at him (despite knowing he's right). He expressed genuine fear for his brother's state of mind and even life if he follows his bad patterns again. She disgustedly told him he needs to believe in his brother (because she knows better than JACK what his own brother needs -- RME) while she and Billy are lying to Jack's face. It's vile. She might as well fuck Billy because this is pretty close. ugh. And of course Jack has to be stupid. So too does Victoria for this story to work on any level (I use the word "work" loosely here).

Pratt fucking ruins everything. I loved GT and I loved how she played Phyllis's love for Jack. That's now gone to shit. Seriously, please fuck Boring Billy and go away together. Let Jack have a decent story instead of playing the chump again. Maybe he can hook up with Patty. At least she puts him first.

all of THIS!!!!

Also Abby and Stitch make me vom.

• Love 7

ByTor quote

I'm not sure if you're talking about a physical resemblance as well, but I certainly see one!

Oh, definitely the physical one-they both have that unhealthy gonnagetrevenge appearance.  Even when it was supposed to be comedy, MC creeped me out.

• Love 5

Bwahahahaha! In the preview for Monday's show, TIIC actually have Jack say that Dummer is "as smart as they come" when Phyllis is worried about her being at NE. Cut to: Dummer running into Luca who is so happy to see her. BWAHAHAHAHA!

Only other interesting part was watching Ashley and Simon in the lab together. Then she bonks her head and end up in ER. OOOPS!!

• Love 4

Well I missed several episodes while I was on holidays and have watched sporadically since I returned so my observations are completely random.

I agree with Miamama that NuNuNuBilly is NotBilly. I liked him when he first came out of the coma but he is now being written as NewPersonalityBilly. And it isn't working. Poor AH, this is her third Billy since RealBilly left? I give her props for sucking it up and making the best of the a very bad situation. So this will be Vicki and Billy's third marriage? Or is it fourth? So sad that I no longer care. When BM was on the show they were my fav couple.

I laughed out loud watching yesterday's show when Victor told Summer than she had all the qualifications it takes to watch computer geek (have forgotten her name). But then again, maybe Dummer doesn't since she lost Max. But apparently the only qualification it takes is to be a Newman. Speaking of Dummer, I have never liked HK but actually do like her in the show Life in Pieces. She isn't well matched to the guy who plays her boyfriend but that isn't her fault. I find her quite enjoyable on that show.

I was a bit annoyed at Nick a few days ago when he went off on Victor. As much as I can't stand Victor I find it hard to feel sorry for Sandy and her family when they were paid a gazillion dollars apparently, which bought her the best care and allowed her to walk again. They didn't have to take the money - it was their choice. So STFU Nick.

So what is up with Neil? He didn't want Hillary and now that she is into Devon again he does? What did I miss? Admittedly I do ff past through most of his scenes but apparently I missed some crucial information along the way. Or not.

• Love 5

Is there no one with a sentimental heart on this board?

No one?

Was I alone in weeping tender, delicate tears of romance fulfilled and renewed as Lily and Cane once more took the elevator o' love to their beloved stanknest?

Did no one else pine for Summer left with only a phone call from her long-distance Gnomie?

Again, I ask, did not one of you thrill to Hilary and L'il Man Darvon going once more into the breach?

Were you not all pining along with Abby when Dr Doughboy couldn't make it to Lily's Valentines' Triumph?

And finally, did not your hearts thrill to Nikki endangering her immortal soul yet again to sneak off to [Lord, I can't even type it...] a "private celebration" with Baron Samedi?

Okay, neither was I. And I'm getting tired of working out rhetorical questions.

Gawdalmighty that was one bad V-Day show. At one point I fixated on Nikki's hideous black costume jewellery, played off against a red blouse...and, seriously costume department...a leather skirt? Black and red? Hellfire and Valentine's Day?

All I liked [very small voice] was Dr MEK's beribboned pill bottle offering to Ashley. It was perfect.

• Love 14