Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

Jack will never grow a pair. He is a weak pathetic loser.

Which is why I love Marco! :D

You never see the flaws in what you've got, until a better model comes along.

A part of me feels bad writing that. However PB plays both, so hopefully if a minion of his skims the boards, he won't be too insulted. Jack is nice, but Marco's humour and roguish nature make him more fun!

Yeah I am watching to see if Sharon tells Dylan about the miscarriage and then if she doesn't I am done!Can't stand to watch the complete destruction of my favorite character any longer.

Not to make you mad, but I keep reading rumours and spoilers that say something you won't want to hear:

Sharon will steal Sage's baby and act as though it's her own

. Thus far things in Sharon's world have unfolded according to what I've read, so I don't expect anything else to occur. 

Edited by C76
  • Love 3

A part of me feels bad writing that. However PB plays both, so hopefully if a minion of his skims the boards, he won't be too insulted. Jack is nice, but Marco's humour and roguish nature make him more fun!

I enjoy Marco too and I find PB extremely sexy when he plays him. They have taken so much of Jack's edge away in the last decade. What Marco has made clear is PB can play this rogue beautifully. So they need to find a way to allow him to do that and *be* Jack. I love Jack. And while a part of me wants Marco to stay, I think Marco on canvas is encouraging them to make Jack super weak -- to highlight the contrast.

I thought all that abuse heaped on Jack would turn him dark. But that was just Pratt playing out his fantasies it seems. Jack has apparently suffered zero repercussions from months of bondage and torture and drugging. RME. 

• Love 11

They should have made his doppelgänger English (as in British English). That accent sounds fine (not campy or potentially offensive). It's a bit much to expect an actor to pull off what they dumped on Peter. I mean, seriously, making this guy Hispanic? Usually soaps give doppelgängers a Southern U.S. type accent that most Americans have no trouble with and allows the actor to create distinct speaking styles.

As someone from the South, I beg to differ with your last sentence. Most people have trouble doing a Southern accent that doesn't sound exaggerated and cartoony.

• Love 11

If soap operas were a country, that country would have the highest miscarriage rate in the world. A pregnant woman has only to sneeze or stub her toe to have a miscarriage! This country would also have the highest rate of complicated pregnancies.

• Love 6

As someone from the South, I beg to differ with your last sentence. Most people have trouble doing a Southern accent that doesn't sound exaggerated and cartoony.

I'm sure you're right. lol. Speaking from a Canadian perspective I can't tell if it's cartoony. 

• Love 4

Your comment reminds me of the old board's snark about the actors from True Blood. Ironically enough, one day I learned that a few of them were actually from Southern states!

I miss Marco already. Hopefully he'll be back by the end of the year.

• Love 3

Which is why I love Marco! :D

Not to make you mad, but I keep reading rumours and spoilers that say something you won't want to hear:

Sharon will steal Sage's baby and act as though it's her own

. Thus far things in Sharon's world have unfolded according to what I've read, so I don't expect anything else to occur. 

Thanks! No you aren't making me mad!! I have read that spoiler too and I have no doubt that Pratt has already written the script. Which is why I said I would wait to see if she tells him she lost the baby. If she doesn't then I will know for sure that  she will some how fake her pregnancy and steal Sage's baby and that is why I said I am done. I am not watching any more of this character assassination. I have had it!!!

Edited by Slowpokey
  • Love 6

Thanks! No you aren't making me mad!! I have read that spoiler too and I have no doubt that Pratt has already written the script. Which is why I said I would wait to see if she tells him she lost the baby. If she doesn't then I will know for sure that  she will some how fake her pregnancy and steal Sage's baby and that is why I said I am done. I am not watching any more of this character assassination. I have had it!!!

Like I said before this will all go down mid-winter and somehow Sage will be convinced her baby died. WOW haven't seen that before. Then Sharon will go back on meds and forget she did it. I think this is their Sharon exit plan. Case that is.

I just can't watch this shit for the hundredth time.

• Love 7

Talk about further character assassination. We are supposed to believe that Sharon would do to another woman what Adam did to her? I'm glad the academic year is starting in a week and I'll be back teaching so I won't be watching this dreck.

• Love 7

Like you and photo fox, I believe Kevin's one of the few people left in this operation who has any brains. He should be able to put things together--preferably sooner than later. Plus, he's not under Victor's thumb. Hence, he has nothing to lose by poking around.

Regarding Kelly, I suppose I'm one of the mean ones on this board. They've suggested that Jack killed her. Quite honestly, I don't care if he did. I don't know what sort of trouble Jack would face IRL regarding the boat explosion. (Manslaughter? I have absolutely no clue. Jack didn't intend to kill anyone--only escape.) But Kelly? I could see someone easily crafting a case based on self defence.

Add me to the list counting on Kevin to help Jack get some justice.

As for Kelly.....I'm not positive about any of this, but I seem to remember that Victor informed Jack and/or Phyllis that Kelly had died, and provided some kind of proof or backup.  Someone then told Stitch and he left GC to take care of his sister's body.  I have no recollection at all of what Stitch supposedly did, but perhaps one of you can set me straight.  

If anything I think I recall is correct, then Jack cannot possibly be charged with Kelly's death because Victor reported it long before Jack was kidnapped.

• Love 10

You are correct Sayla. Stitch and Abby went to collect Kelly's ashes and bring them back to GC. Jack can't be charged with killing a person who was supposedly dead months before. Vic would have to admit his culpability first in faking her death. Shit would hit the fan and hopefully Stitch would hit Vic. Yeah I know. Not gonna happen.

• Love 12

So much of this blackmailing of Jack is bullshit. You are all correct that Jack could not be charged with killing a woman declared dead. And even if he could be they'd have to find her body - which Vic ordered buried -- exhume it, do testing to PROVE she was in fact murdered and then prove Jack did it. And on top of all of this are we to believe that the unnamed "backwater banana republic" to which Victor alluded has a remotely strong extradition treaty with the United States of America??

And Jack is stinking rich.

The ship is a joke. No proof whatsoever how it blew up or even that Jack was on it. 

I can't believe Pratt showed Jack utterly victimized for months and then has him feeling guilt.

It is truly nuts.

I'd have preferred Jack woke up from the gunshot with amnesia than this crap.

• Love 13

miamama quote

The ship is a joke. No proof whatsoever how it blew up or even that Jack was on it

...in other news, an unregistered pirate ship carrying human cargo for sale and trade purposes blew up in the waters off an obscure and politically corrupt island known only as Banana Republic-The Backwater.  Foul play is suspected. =wink=  Stay tuned for updates...not.

• Love 13

yes, Jack is stinking rich and he would take Vic's BS and consult with one of his lawyers. I hate it when Vic is written as the all knowing and all powerful and Jack is written as no match for him.

Also, I wonder who cut off the ear. That grosses me right out.

It's rare that I watch the show now. Bits and pieces here and there. I just don't give a hoot about most of the characters.

• Love 8

So Neil is just sitting back and going to let Devon be arrested for murder based on that phone conversation and his flashbacks. He probably has a hurt Hilary stashed somewhere. 

I liked Sage and Sharon getting along great and mature while Vicky and Nikki looked like they were eating sour lemons in the corner.

• Love 3

Based on Twitter, looks like an episode of Victor gushing. Summer, backed by Noah: "Gwampa turns to mush with his grandbabies."

And a baby shower for the pointless Sage while Sharon continues to lie.

No Jack.

Can't watch it today, you guys. It will make me vomit or scream or both.

• Love 12

I predict... The big end of Nov. Blizzard will trap Sage and a manic Sharon somewhere remote and cold. Sharon will stagger out of the wilderness with an infant in her arms after which no doctor will examine her. Sage will be found half dead and baby-less. It was eaten by bears. Sharon will really believe it's her baby and goes back on meds. (Because like Ashley she won't wonder why her vajajay is instantly all better and not sprung even a little.)

Meanwhile, Nick discovered Adam is the daddy but decides to steal the baby for it's own good and hides the truth...again...and is sadz cause the dingos....bears ate the kid he wanted to steal. 

Sharon is burnt at the stake and Adam has to apologize to Nick for soiling the Herb with his nasty Adam sperm because Nick is a Great Dad!

• Love 10

This Sharon/Sage speculation reminds of the time Erica Kane stole Maria Santos' baby on All My Children. That story happened over 20 years ago (damn, I'm old!), FFS. I know soaps like to recycle but come on! Eventually those recyclable materials biodegrade.

• Love 4

I thought TPTB were supposed to love Steve Burton? They certainly do not like his character, anymore than they apparently like Sharon. The guy comes to town with PTSD. He has already, as we find out, lost one baby-to-be with Avery. Then Chelsea Con makes him a daddy, but not for long. Now his third chance a being a daddy has been pulled out from under him. Meanwhile Nick Newman is about to have his 4th child with his 3rd baby mamma. And two out of those three women are supposedly infertile. Apparently Dylan needs to find a barren woman to have success at becoming a daddy.

I am trying to figure out why Mariah was invited to the baby shower as family, which is what she stated. The Newmans didn't even blink an eye that she was there, but Nikki and Victoria thought Sharon should have been shown the door.  Mariah is not related to Nick - he has never been her step father. But technicality aside, scenes are always better with Mariah, and Kevin too. Now Herb is another matter altogether.

• Love 3

Wouldn't a better story have been that Sharon tells Dylan and still want's to have a baby but stuff won't work... anyway Mariah volunteers to carry it and then meets the charming love of her life. This could have humor, sadness as Kevin gets more attached, romance, sacrifice. But Noooooo...that might be modern... like something that would actually happen in this century.

• Love 4

So Neil is just sitting back and going to let Devon be arrested for murder based on that phone conversation and his flashbacks. He probably has a hurt Hilary stashed somewhere. 

Apparently Pratt really gives no fucks about completely ruining Neil.

• Love 5

Sharon is burnt at the stake

If she steals the kid she deserves to be torched.

My point was that Nick will probably do the same thing to Adam and get a medal, a parade and an apology from Adam for wanting to keep little Herb from such a Great Dad.

• Love 9

I know soaps like to recycle but come on! Eventually those recyclable materials biodegrade.

Hmm, all evidence to the contrary.

Wouldn't a better story have been that Sharon tells Dylan and still want's to have a baby but stuff won't work... anyway Mariah volunteers to carry it and then meets the charming love of her life. This could have humor, sadness as Kevin gets more attached, romance, sacrifice. But Noooooo...that might be modern... like something that would actually happen in this century.

Yeah, very *movie-like*. Something that sounds right up Pratt's blind alley. Except he'd fuck that up too.

Actually Y&R kind of did this storyline a few years back with Mac carrying Lane's twins while being romanced, if you could call it that, by JT. That was such a rousing success that MAB wrote both of them off.  I kind of suspect that CG would probably suffer the same fate as CF and TL did, because I just honestly don't get the feeling that CG is Prattfall's kind of girl.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 4

Now, gentlefolx, I confess to not being the sort of person who attends or gives baby showers...

That said, and I may speak out of ignorance here--is it routine for people at a [NEWMAN!] baby shower to be given rubber dolls? What? Is this like high-school mothers and fathers-to-be being given bags of flour to carry around? Is it a NEWMAN ritual? Because it just looked flaming weird to me.

And I guess it's time for another Pearlite-I-didn't-have-enough-to-drink/I'm-bored-out-of-my-ass fashion note! Migawd! What was that hellish tie-dye synthetic fabric unpleasantness that Sage was sporting?  Is it just that I've switched to fancy HD on the television I was watching, or was it really that helltastic?

• Love 7

I kind of suspect that CG would probably suffer the same fate as CF and TL did, because I just honestly don't get the feeling that CG is Prattfall's kind of girl.

You mean normal sized, smart and unrapeable.

cause we all know it's all about the Sexay

• Love 7

So forgive me for being snide but Gnomie is an ordained minister. Since fucking when?? He is going to perform the starlit marriage between Banana Boy and the Herb. Apparently he got ordained online when he was living in NY and was asked by friends to marry them. JFC! 

Victor is pulling a fast one by demanding that Chelsea's fashion line stay with Newman because Connor is a Newman blah blah! I'm totally out of adjectives and smart ass names for this old bastard. 

• Love 5

Well, folks, verisimilitude and good taste strike again!

Did the Paris real-estate woman take French lessons from the Pink Panther?

And yet another wedding in All-Purpose Park! Let the hot dogs burst forth!

• Love 4

So forgive me for being snide but Gnomie is an ordained minister. Since fucking when?? He is going to perform the starlit marriage between Banana Boy and the Herb. Apparently he got ordained online when he was living in NY and was asked by friends to marry them. JFC! 

That is going to look so lame. Is this show getting so cheap they can't even afford to pay for a day player minister? What a come down from the beautifully lavish weddings this show use to throw. Remember when everyone in the cast was there (with plenty of extras to fill up the church) and the clothes, make-up and hair were sophisticated and fashionable. Now we get five people standing around a hot dog cart wearing CinderCon's K-mart rejects.

Edited by Desperately Random
  • Love 10

So Kyle is just cool with Nick? Didn't they hate each other? Nick LIED about Summer's paternity for 18 years but whatevs?

Everyone simply forgives the Newmans. But if they are wronged...God I have so much soap rage lately. 

• Love 14

That is going to look so lame. Is this show getting so cheap they can't even afford to pay for a day player minister? What a come down from the beautifully lavish weddings this show use to throw. Remember when everyone in the cast was there (with plenty of extras to fill up the church) and the clothes, make-up and hair were sophisticated and fashionable. Now we get five people standing around a hot dog cart wearing CinderCon's K-mart rejects.

Well, Hevon had a cute day player officiate at their wedding, but I guess that's only for billionaires.  Nick is just a humble multi-millionaire.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 7

I don't even know what to say about today's show. Victor and Jack told the Abbotts/Newmans they are dissolving the merger and Jack says: both sides walk away with what they came with. Not so fast, says Victor. Abby is a NEWMAN. She fucking was employed by Jabot you stupid goddamned writers. Anyways, she chooses Newman.

Then Victor demands Chelsea by Jabot be retained by Newman.  Jack says no way. Billy points out the "by Jabot" part and Victor says: You may have started the line but VICTORIA has managed it for MONTHS. Victoria then blathers some shit about Newman superiority.

"Chelsea designs stay with Newman. Connor is my blood (huh?). That's it. It's happening." Victor actually said this, while Jack stood there like an idiot and said some crap about if Adam were alive he wouldn't want you near Connor.

Then later Jack is with Phyllis and is somewhat upset about this. She says "Let it, go." aaaargh. Jack admits he's tired. These months have been the darkest of his life, including what he had to do to get home (why do they keep focusing on this bullshit guilt??????). He doesn't want to fight any more. He doesn't even want to work any more. Phyllis talks him out of it. Rather than handing reins to Ashley be co-CEOs. He agrees.

Is this really fucking it? Storylines are moving forward: the fight for Chelsea <gag>; Adam's return; Abby vs. Ashley for Stitch <puke>; Jack and Ashley co-running Jabot.

And Victor walks around telling everyone what to do.

No comeuppance for Victor. No one even KNOWS about what he's done.

Oh and Sharon is acting crazy. Freaking out on Noah, lying through her goddamned teeth to Dylan. It's just ridiculous. And that gummy toothed belly rubbing non-character and Nick are getting married TONIGHT.

I'm done. I can't watch.

• Love 19

I want to believe Jack is purposely handing over the timebomb of tackiness that is Chelz couture so that the Newman name becomes synonymous with dollar store duds. I also want to believe I can ride a sparkling narwhal across the Atlantic and visit England and then return home to find that my money tree has fully blossomed.

Hey, does anyone else get the feeling that if Pratt lived during the olden days, he'd be one of those wealthy assholes who took tours of insane asylums to gape at and ridicule the maltreated inmates? Just me?

I hear the Earth Mother and the Dirt Bag are being married by the Garden Gnome. It's so wrong and yet...so very, very right.

• Love 14

I'm done. I can't watch.

I, for one, shouldn't watch any more. I have things to do. I know this, but alas, I got home just after today's episode aired. Instinctively I turned on the TV and started rifling through our PVR's offerings. As I watched what I'd missed, I almost cursed at the TV and I most definitely said "This show is stupid." In response, my Y & R buddy--a family member who has watched with me for a few years--asked an obvious question.

"Why do you watch it, then?"

I offered the same excuse I've given before here on this board. I've watched The Y&R since I first saw it at my babysitter's place as a youngster. But God knows, I could use a break.

Edited by C76
  • Love 7

It is good to take a break.  The Pricktor stuff is what ended it for me.  I knew he would never pay but I held out hope that he would at least be shamed and shunned by his useless family for a while.  

I watched Y/R in my teens, but was never a huge fan.  I left it in the late 80s/early 90s I think, and only began to watch again when it was Phyllis vs Diane over Jack.

I hated Phick and left again for a while.  MST with the perma-grin was too much to take, but I eventually returned.  I was happy to see GT playing Phyllis, I think she is great in the role.  But the last 10 years or so, Pricktor has become the most vile and despicable character to be beloved on TV.  I loved JR Ewing, but we the viewers and every character on the show acknowledged he was an asshole who used and abused people around him including his family.  That just isn't happening here.  You didn't side with JR, you just watched to see what kind of outrageous shit he would do next.  Every now and then he was vulnerable, but then, not really. I always felt like they were trying to make Pricktor like JR (not like a cowboy but a protagonist one loved to hate).  And yet, he is just someone I hate.  I don't love to hate him, I loathe him.  So there is no satisfaction for the viewer at all.  Sigh, rant over, but this is why I can no longer watch.  I will keep reading here, hoping to hear of a change!

• Love 13

They're throwing this Nick and Sage wedding out of nowhere and not even with guests. Plus in the same spot where Nick's been left at the altar before at?  lol They might as well have a banner saying nobody cares. Why they're even forcing this marriage and pairing is silly.

• Love 9

I read they are getting married in the PARK!  Where murders are attempted and committed, where Dick was left at the so-called altar by Avery, where Noah was left at the so-called altar by a now dead Courtney, where Cane hit on Lauren (they probably don't know that though), where Neil married Hilary who really wanted to marry his son, where Paul married Christine at Katherine's funeral.  HAHAHA!  I guess they just don't have any sets for a wedding?  Hey Dick, you own a ranch.  Maybe there is a nice big tree with a beautiful backdrop?  No need for security, no bad murder and failed weddings mojo to deal with?

I cannot wait to read the description of the wedding gown!

• Love 10

nd yet, he is just someone I hate.  I don't love to hate him, I loathe him.  So there is no satisfaction for the viewer at all.  Sigh, rant over, but this is why I can no longer watch.  I will keep reading here, hoping to hear of a change!

My thoughts exactly. After months of deleting unwatched - I just took it off the 'record' list. I'll just read here.

HAHAHA!  I guess they just don't have any sets for a wedding?  Hey Dick, you own a ranch.  Maybe there is a nice big tree with a beautiful backdrop?  No need for security, no bad murder and failed weddings mojo to deal with?

Why not the moldy utility closet at the Underwear. (where love and mildew bloom) "The bride was resplendent in a soiled white maternity tarp with mop-head shoulder epaulets. Her pathetic pleading gaze never wavered as Nick Newman tried to remember her name."

Edited by crowswork
  • Love 14

It is good to take a break.  The Pricktor stuff is what ended it for me.  I knew he would never pay but I held out hope that he would at least be shamed and shunned by his useless family for a while.  

I watched Y/R in my teens, but was never a huge fan.  I left it in the late 80s/early 90s I think, and only began to watch again when it was Phyllis vs Diane over Jack.

I hated Phick and left again for a while.  MST with the perma-grin was too much to take, but I eventually returned.  I was happy to see GT playing Phyllis, I think she is great in the role.  But the last 10 years or so, Pricktor has become the most vile and despicable character to be beloved on TV.  I loved JR Ewing, but we the viewers and every character on the show acknowledged he was an asshole who used and abused people around him including his family.  That just isn't happening here.  You didn't side with JR, you just watched to see what kind of outrageous shit he would do next.  Every now and then he was vulnerable, but then, not really. I always felt like they were trying to make Pricktor like JR (not like a cowboy but a protagonist one loved to hate).  And yet, he is just someone I hate.  I don't love to hate him, I loathe him.  So there is no satisfaction for the viewer at all.  Sigh, rant over, but this is why I can no longer watch.  I will keep reading here, hoping to hear of a change!

Post of the week for me, bannana! I, too, watched it in my preteen and teen years (during the Cricket years, I'll admit it, I liked and wanted to be her), gave it up in college, actually came back in '04-ish, because I'd heard that Cricket & Danny were back together, realized that I no longer liked her, but that was about the time Phlick started, and I really enjoyed them together at first. I quickly grew tired of them, but at the begining, I liked them.

Onto the "Dallas" part of your quote, first of all, any mention of "Dallas" and JR Ewing is aces in my book! I had a really long post, but I thought better of it since this isn't a "Dallas" forum, so I deleted it and condensed it. Full-disclosure, to me, JR Ewing is hands-down the best character in the history of television, played by one of the best actors in the history of acting. I've never thought about the JR/Victor similarities, but I totally see why you think the writers were trying to make Victor the daytime JR, especially since Victor started airing near the timeframe of the rise in popularity of "Dallas" & especially JR. They failed on every level, though. For all of JR's bravada, he dearly loved his family, especially his Daddy and JohnRoss, which Victor does not. JR also faced judgment and long-term consequences for his bad actions, which Victor very rarely does, and even when he does, they last maybe 7 minutes. The biggest difference, though, Larry Hagman just oozed charisma. JR was the biggest ass in the world, and he could do something horrible, but 2 minutes later, his charm would pull the audience back in. LH had more charisma in his pinky-nail than EB has in his entire body. A daytime JR back-in-the-day would've been awesome, and still could be, but it would have to be a different character than TGVN and a different actor than EB, in my opinion.   

• Love 10

banana quote

I read they are getting married in the PARK!

with or without the Hot Dog cart reception?

Gonna miss your recaps, banana, but I understand why you tuned out.  Since so many are giving up, I propose that the Preverts go co-op and each member watches one day then recaps it for the others.  And everybody snarks at will.

C76, (I, for one, shouldn't watch any more. I have things to do.) go ahead an quit-since I have not been watching (over a year now, Pratthole), I have started a business, lost 10 lbs. exercising, discovered Audio books and realized the sun comes up every freaking day.  Who knew? And surprise!  No withdrawal if you keep reading this forum!

• Love 8

This is it for me too.  Done, Kaput, complete and utter disgust with the lack of Victor takedown.  How does this continue to happen?  Well, I just don't care anymore.

And poor Sharon, stop already with the craziness - no one is enjoying watching this show anymore....no one gives a flying f__k about Neil and his craziness, Lily and the vampire, the scoobies or actually any story left on this show.

At this point I would rather watch crazy NINA on GH than this and I despise Phyllis o'jazz hands.....

• Love 11

C76, (I, for one, shouldn't watch any more. I have things to do.) go ahead an quit-since I have not been watching (over a year now, Pratthole), I have started a business, lost 10 lbs. exercising, discovered Audio books and realized the sun comes up every freaking day.  Who knew? And surprise!  No withdrawal if you keep reading this forum!

That was my plan for today. Instead of watching, I hope to do some yoga and a bit of reading. I'm actually looking forward to it!

• Love 5