Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, Evenshorter said:

I try to avoid watching, but my husband is a rabid viewer and doesn't miss it.  He said he knew it was a repeat but "it's the best show on TV" so he didn't say anything. Right.

So.... only the one channel then..?

• LOL 10

Ugh, Summer. She's just SO unbelievably delusional. While I understand where Kyle is coming from, he handed Summer his leash the moment he mentioned marrying her to save Lola. I feel like she wouldn't have quite gone there herself, for fear of him rejecting her for such a preposterous idea, but latched onto it as soon as he did. She will never see it as the ridiculous last resort it was intended to be, she's far too horrible and selfish. Not a fan, can you tell? 🤣

I'm glad all the Tessa blackmail stuff came out at the trial, because she's just such a lying liar. Props to her for at least trying to take some of the kidnapping heat off of Sharon though?

• Love 13

What the fuck am I watching? The Summer/Kyle storyline is so beyond ridiculous. Summer comes off as a complete moron. Way more than usual. Who comes up with this shitty story-telling?

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
6 hours ago, jewel21 said:

What the fuck am I watching? The Summer/Kyle storyline is so beyond ridiculous. Summer comes off as a complete moron. Way more than usual. Who comes up with this shitty story-telling?

Mal Young

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 16
10 hours ago, jewel21 said:

I was so repulsed by this shit I had to leave the room. The way MY wrote for every goddamned woman on this show is beyond misogynistic. In what rom-com did he ever see a character like Summer? I'm thinking back over the past ten years or so, and the only character I've ever seen that even remotely was like her was the younger sister in 27 Dresses, who glommed onto her big sister's secret crush (Katherine Heigel who's no prize herself). This must have been MY's inspiration for Summer's antics. What kind of idiot actually sees women this way? And even if he doesn't personally think this way, why in the fucking hell would he write a storyline like this for an audience of predominantly female viewers?

• Love 14

She knows Kyle is only doing this to save Lola but she's acting like he's seriously in love with her and I'm just scratching my head in disbelief. Making him propose in front of everyone and squealing in delight? Her and Kyle telling her mother and acting like love birds after all the animosity everyone has seen between them for months and months? It just doesn't make any sense. 

IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
(edited)
30 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

She knows Kyle is only doing this to save Lola but she's acting like he's seriously in love with her and I'm just scratching my head in disbelief. Making him propose in front of everyone and squealing in delight? Her and Kyle telling her mother and acting like love birds after all the animosity everyone has seen between them for months and months? It just doesn't make any sense. 

IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!

Right? Now, to be fair I did zone out a few times, but did he not mention how there would be no "husbandly" duties attached to this deal? Yet he got down on one knee to propose, and now kisses her in front of people? Well, Phyllis, but still. I realize he was probably only talking about sex, but come on now.

Edited by misokinesia
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, misokinesia said:

Right? Now, to be fair I did zone out a few times, but did he not mention how there would be no "husbandly" duties attached to this deal? Yet he got down on one knee to propose, and now kisses her in front of people? Well, Phyllis, but still. I realize he was probably only talking about sex, but come on now.

Actually, he did, didn't he? I thought I heard him tell her specifically that. And, of course, Summer's not worried because she's convinced that she's utterly irresistible in every way to a man. All men. Any man, young or old. Frankly, this makes no sense whatsoever. I would have thought that her ignominy after her disastrous ONS with psychopath Billy would have made her a little more cautious in "love". After chasing him and flinging herself at him in one mode of undress or another for months, all the while with his face screwed up in so much revulsion that it would have registered with any brain dead cretin that their mark is repulsed. But no, still Pollyanna was then unceremoniously shocked and overcome with the sadz when he mocked her and kicked her out of bed, telling her he not only doesn't love her he just did it to get back at her mother. And after that humiliation, she still believes in that place where her heart of hearts should be, that she's the most powerfully irresistible woman in the universe? Wouldn't that experience with Billy have shaken most women, especially any woman who has the gumption god gave a turnip? Summer, when a guy tells you that another woman is the "love of his life", you'd best be believing him. And when that declaration is in the context of happily agreeing to take that slice of your liver you've offered in order to save the life of the "woman he loves", shouldn't one be just a wee bit cautious here? Of course, no problem for Summer Newman. She'll just get Gwampa to have one of his attorneys draw up an organ donation/marriage contract that will bind him to her legally if not emotionally.

This is revolting.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12

The Summer Kyle thing is really ludicrous. Summer is just one big plot point. She inexplicably pursued Billy like a complete lunatic. Then she ran off after feeling bad and came back and is doing the same thing with Kyle. She's behaving like someone who may have a mental illness. This isn't entertaining. It's shameful writing.

And as if Kyle would say "I'll do anything if you give Lola part of your liver, even marry you." Wut? it would not happen. No one thinks like that. And he knows she wants him so it was especially ridiculous.

And then 1. She doesn't recognize this marriage isn't just an exercise in humiliation (he is marrying her to help a woman he loves FFS) and 2. He refuses to have sex with her. Come the fuck on. He's a 20 something dating a virgin. Sex with Summer is probably the one thing he does want.

If they wanted a legit triangle it's not that hard. Summer has always been written to be Kyle's weakness. That night that Lola walked in on them should have been Summer and Kyle having sex. Then Summer gets pregnant. Lola continues to be annoying and Kyle legit gives a marriage with Summer a try. But he's torn and the baby etc. Boom. A triangle.

A liver transplant? A virgin? A blackmail wedding?

ugh

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

On some level, Summer knows her upcoming numptials (when a numpty gets married. Look it up!) are a joke and a fraud. That’s why she doesn’t want anyone  to know she’s the donor, because everyone but Nick will quickly put two and two together. She’s pathetic. I wish Buttbiscuit had knocked her up so those two idiots would be connected forever and Phyllis would have to play grandma to her ex-romcomcom partner’s kid. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 13
(edited)

So, does anybody know when J.T. is coming back? And how can the Newmans be so sanguine about someone living in the walls at the Ranch? Why don't they try to collect some evidence that they can take to the Genoa City 24 Hour DNA Lab and Drive Thru Sperm Bank?

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
(edited)

So we'll be getting the verdict on Mondays Canadian. What is everybody hoping for? Or is everybody even past caring what happens? I'm hoping they're all found not guilty just because I want to have Christine keep up her streak of losing cases. (Although, this is one she really should lose.) My guess though is that someone will be found guilty because otherwise JT being alive wouldn't be as dramatic. Probably Nikki and Victoria. If anyone gets off it'll probably be Sharon.

Edited by Desperately Random
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Maybe while she’s under for the liver transplant they could try giving Summer a brain transplant. 

Though, I suspect, it will be a rare case of the organ rejecting the host. 

7 hours ago, Diane M said:

I suppose there's no chance Summer won't survive the liver operation. 

Maybe they will use the rare peanut-based anesthetic?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

So, does anybody know when J.T. is coming back? And how can the Newmans be so sanguine about someone living in the walls at the Ranch? Why don't they try to collect some evidence that they can take to the Genoa City 24 Hour DNA Lab and Drive Thru Sperm Bank?

Why didn't Nick print out a few pics of random men  -  slip in one of JT and show it to little Katie. No idjit got her to draw a picture. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

No Prick will stride into the courtroom wearing his black compression shirt of verility with JT by the scruff of his neck and hurl him in front of the judge. 

single-handed I tells ya.

Gad I hope I'm wrong

• LOL 14
  • Love 4

How can the Newmans be so sanguine about someone living in their walls, you ask? Skulking about in the bones of a house is old hat to Victor and would hardly perturb him. Why, our Victor has lurked in many a crawl space, flapped about in many a belfry, and molted in many a root cellar. Isn’t that what everyone does? 

Now. Can anyone explain this Rey fellow to me? He declares his love for Sharon, who stupidly confesses to participating in JT’s extralegal burial. Sgt. Stubble promptly arrests her. Mia, in a fit of jealous, drunken rage, bashes Arturo’s fiancée over the head and stomps on her phone to prevent calling for help. But wait! Mia actually assaulted Rey’s beloved sister Lola, who almost drowns and winds up in a coma with a failing li-. Ahem. A failing organ. Rey knows she did this, but because Mia buys some pregnancy pee at the hospital’s Urine Luck! franchise, Rey decides he won’t arrest her. Rey obviously can’t stand Mia and ditches her ass, but lets her walk free as she hides behind her non-existent fetus shield. I don’t get this guy, but still feel strongly that he should eat a big bag of hell. Just what Sharon needs, another douche who holds her to a different standard than the psychotic asshole he used to bang. 

I do hope Mia goes on another crime spree and targets Sharon. Knowing Mia, she’ll mistake Summer for Sharon and land her face down in a vat of Skippy.

• LOL 12
  • Love 12
19 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

It won't be long with Nick Tracy and his trusty stenchman Butt Biscuit on the case! Move over, Rey Rey.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
On 3/9/2019 at 7:19 AM, NinjaPenguins said:

I do hope Mia goes on another crime spree and targets Sharon. Knowing Mia, she’ll mistake Summer for Sharon and land her face down in a vat of Skippy.

I'd pay to see that.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4

What if Kerry is in cahoots with Ashley?  There is something really off about Kerry and her relationship with Jack. I don't get her being loyal to Jack or Phyllis.

I can so see Ashley swanning in and rubbing it in both their faces that Kerry is her operative.

• Love 14

Okay, finally watched Friday's ep.  Biggest surprise is that Detective Idiot has pretty much figured out that Dummer is the donor.  But he is still protecting his wife, who tried to kill someone.  I watch these cheezy movies where there is always a psycho bitch.  And here, the psycho bitch is, wait for it, Rey Rey's wife!

And also Dummer.  She is the character that is desperate and needy.  We all know how that ends.🙃😮

• Love 12

Detective Dumbass is protecting the woman who not only tried to kill someone - she almost killed his sister who he supposedly loves. When there’s no baby months from now, he probably won’t notice anything amiss. 

Mal not only gave us a second Phyllis in Mia, he’s given us a second Nick in Rey.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 7
16 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

until if and or when someone from here decides to do the cdn recap again, i will continue to bring it over from soc..

Yeah, I have to admit that though their recaps seem to be factual, they do not have any of the literary flair or side splitting humor of our own recappers here.

• Love 13

So now Abby, Rey Rey and Arturo all figure Dummer is the donor and Abby is on the case with Nick to figure out why Dummer and Kyle are getting married...TOMORROW!

Isn't anyone going to notice that Dummer is recuperating from surgery?  You know, like her parents, her coworkers?

Looks like Nick has forgiven Sharon but Drinki and Vic, not so much.

At the end of the ep, the everyone got a text to head to the courtroom.

Prick was on today and he called Drinki :my baby: at least six times.  🤮

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
23 minutes ago, bannana said:

So now Abby, Rey Rey and Arturo all figure Dummer is the donor and Abby is on the case with Nick to figure out why Dummer and Kyle are getting married...TOMORROW!

Isn't anyone going to notice that Dummer is recuperating from surgery?  You know, like her parents, her coworkers?

Looks like Nick has forgiven Sharon but Drinki and Vic, not so much.

At the end of the ep, the everyone got a text to head to the courtroom.

Prick was on today and he called Drinki :my baby: at least six times.  🤮

😴

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Yeah, I have to admit that though their recaps seem to be factual, they do not have any of the literary flair or side splitting humor of our own recappers here.

LOL  i know cause they really aren't allowed to do that..recap cannot have your own opinion in it...that has to only go in comment section...someone used to recap and add funny things but then got flagged (bad post) by others and chastized by mods for being biased.

mods are very strict in what you can and cannot post.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

They're not allowed the latitude to do that or the mods will delete their posts and give them warnings for too much snark and expressing negative opinions about characters/actors they detest.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
51 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

LOL  i know cause they really aren't allowed to do that..recap cannot have your own opinion in it...that has to only go in comment section...someone used to recap and add funny things but then got flagged (bad post) by others and chastized by mods for being biased.

2 minutes ago, Toomuchsoap said:

They're not allowed the latitude to do that or the mods will delete their posts and give them warnings for too much snark and expressing negative opinions about characters/actors they detest.

Yeah, that place is like the North Korea of soap forums.

Kim Just UGG.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
52 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

3 minutes ago, Toomuchsoap said:

And that's why I never go there. Fuck that authoritarian bullshit.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

All are guilty, Sharon gets 3 years, Vic gets 10 years and Drinki gets 30 years!

Nick is convinced JT is alive and says they need a plan to find him and get them freed.  Not sure if it exactly works that way.

Abby is suspicious of Dummer's wedding plans and confronts her about the strange timing.  She outright accuses Dummer of being Lola's donor in exchange for getting Kyle to marry her.  Dummer goes on the counter attack and says that Abby is jealous.

Phyllis tells Kerry that she has a plan to prevent Ashley's products from being available in the US. 

• Love 13

I was reading something on my phone while 'watching' today's episode. When Billy was getting all wound up at Michael over his defence I thought that he had slapped him and had to go back to see it, only to find out that it was Michael slapping a folder down onto a table. Very disappointed 😞

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

You can’t blame Billy for being upset. I mean, if Michael fails, Buttbiscuit will have to parent his own kids, which cuts into his Netflix and self-abuse time. Or as boes likes to call it, “afternoon delight.” It could be years before Victoria is available for sex, and by the time she gets out of prison, Billy will find he prefers his own hand on the joystick. Poor Billy. This is all such an inconvenience to him. 

Phyllis has a plan, everyone. Jabot will be filing for bankruptcy within a week.

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
On 3/11/2019 at 1:05 AM, bannana said:

I can so see Ashley swanning in and rubbing it in both their faces that Kerry is her operative.

If ED isn't coming back they should have her come home, sell Jack the patents and boot Phyl.

Tell them she and Neil are sailing around the world and "screw you all".

I always wanted someone to just announce they were done with this shit town and the assholes who insist on staying there.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, bannana said:

All are guilty, Sharon gets 3 years, Vic gets 10 years and Drinki gets 30 years!

They did a trial, jury and sentencing all in one week! WTF!!?! 

Ron White jokes that Texas has an express lane for murder executions.  I think they moved it to WI.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6