Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, basiltherat said:

I have decided that I will call the new Kyle -- VYLE !!!  Or Vile, if you prefer the normal spelling.

That could be the name of this show anymore...The Vile & The Restless...vile for the writing & restless for those who are still watching this ridiculous insulting crap.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, UsernameFatigue said:

No to mention that they have not shown Victor to have any cuts or bruises on his face, and I don't see any on his hands either. So why could he just not have fallen down the stairs (which is actually what he did to end up in a coma).  And even falling down the stairs all by himself could cause bruising, etc. Was there furniture thrown around? I don't remember. But yes, Jack doesn't have a mark on him. 

The other stupid writing was Hilary locked in the office. Isn't the office in the GCAC? Why would she just not call security or the front desk and have someone come and unlock the door? 

Yes, that would be completely logical!  Also, the door was pretty flimsy.  The Hilary I know would have thrown a stapler through the glass or hurled a chair against to crash it open.

That whole storyline was so silly. Devon has just decided to back Lily's modelling agency and she pulls this on him?  Come on.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, babyhouseman said:

Julia didn't share with the family how Victor tortured her boyfriend? 

See, this is the only memory I have of Julia.  Her boyfriend, Phil Brent :) was being held in a cage in Prick's basement and fed rats.

I guess she returned to the show after this.  I was not watching then.

The flash back with her and Prick, he looks at least 30 years younger than now and quite frankly she looks maybe 10 years older now.  She looks fabulous.  The actress is 69 and I didn't know this, is married to Bob Guza. (!!)

• Love 7
15 hours ago, RedRockRosie said:

That could be the name of this show anymore...The Vile & The Restless...vile for the writing & restless for those who are still watching this ridiculous insulting crap.

The Vile & The Shiftless.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, bannana said:

See, this is the only memory I have of Julia.  Her boyfriend, Phil Brent :) was being held in a cage in Prick's basement and fed rats.

I guess she returned to the show after this.  I was not watching then.

The flash back with her and Prick, he looks at least 30 years younger than now and quite frankly she looks maybe 10 years older now.  She looks fabulous.  The actress is 69 and I didn't know this, is married to Bob Guza. (!!)

I don't remember Julia having interacted much with the other residents of Genoa City during the rather brief time she was on. I vividly recall Victor's torture of her purported lover, whom Victor believed had impregnated her, which wasn't true; Victor was the father, but IIRC, she lost the baby in the aftermath of finding out that Victor had imprisoned her lover* in the basement. She moved away from GC after that and divorced him. She was back once or twice for a short stints every so often.

OMG, Julia!  Wow, I did not know they were friends.

As far as I know, they weren't. I don't believe Nikki was even around then. Maybe she was, but I certainly don't recall that she would have been associated with Julia, who would have presumably been a little older than Nikki at the time, who was a teenager. Her sister Casey was about Julia's age and perhaps she just remembers any association they might have had. And when did Nikki ever get chummy with any of Victor's previous wives? She's always been as chilly as an igloo around any of them if not downright hostile.

Mal's all over the map on this show now. Not any of it makes a lick of sense. And, FFS, they've get Lily and Cane locking up Hilary in the office. How old are they anyway, about twelve? And doesn't the GCAC have security? Were the phones also disconnected? Did Hilary's cell run out of juice? I mean, it's not as if H-W Group isn't located in the same damn building as the athletic club and suites! So stupid.

• Love 14
16 hours ago, bannana said:

Yes, that would be completely logical!  Also, the door was pretty flimsy.  The Hilary I know would have thrown a stapler through the glass or hurled a chair against to crash it open.

That whole storyline was so silly. Devon has just decided to back Lily's modelling agency and she pulls this on him?  Come on.

I was thinking the same thing with regards to Hilary. There is no way she would be reduced to pleading with Cane and Lilly. She would definitely have taken a chair to the door, and then to them once she got out. I am even less of a Hilary fan than I am of Lily, but I am looking forward to Hilary telling Lily that she got pregnant by Devon the old fashioned way, thanks to her interference. 

• Love 12

I’m not bannana, obvi ? but the test results came back saying that Jack is not John’s biological son. Ashley doesn’t want to blow up Jack’s world by telling him about the test, and she decides that she’s not going to say anything to him about it until he’s out of jail.

• Love 8

Oh, good grief. Now Jack isn’t John’s son? I didn’t watch when Julia was on the show but boy, that was some sorry acting today on her part. Maybe she hasn’t been in the business since she was on Y&R but she was really BAD. I think she attended the AH school of acting. On another note, it seemed that MST was having back problems today. She was walking like a 90 year old woman and was wearing high heels(?). I turned this show off today because it made me roll my eyes out of my head thinking these writers must believe that we’re total idiots. Well, obviously, they do. I just wonder what the actors think when they read these scripts knowing how good writers used to provide the scripts/lines for them in the past. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ApplePie said:

The DNA test is very suspect IMO. They used hair from Traci for comparison. 

Calling it now, Tracy is not Dina's. That's why Dina can't remember her when she could remember everyone.  But they both are John's. 

• Love 10
32 minutes ago, DivaT said:

Calling it now, Tracy is not Dina's. That's why Dina can't remember her when she could remember everyone.  But they both are John's. 

Now that's an interesting idea.  And Tracy, out of everyone, would handle it okay.

Hmmm.....

• Love 10

I'm  taking a time out. Haven't skipped to GH yet but... I took this off my record list. No point in giving it ratings - if that's how it works - and I've been deleating it unwatched for over a week and just reading here.  Just. Too. Sucky!

Turner Classic Movies for me - for now

• Love 8
4 hours ago, DivaT said:

But isn't what they are testing the paternity link, not the maternity? If Tracy and Jack were both John's then their DNA would match. 

I said in a previous post that I thought Ashley and Abby were giving Dina a lot of credit, assuming that Tracy is John's. If Ashley isn't, and Jack might not be, who is to say that Tracy is John's?

The only thing I know for sure is that any DNA test result in GC is never right the first time, whether from interference, or whatever. So I am pretty sure Jack will turn out to be John's son after all.

However does that mean Tracy isn't? Or maybe some random person (one of the people looking after Dina?) took a swipe with Tracy's brush so it was their DNA tested? Without testing swabs or blood samples provided from the actual people, I don't believe for a minute that the DNA results will stand. Not that they can't be accurate IRL, just not in GC. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 10
15 hours ago, ApplePie said:

The DNA test is very suspect IMO. They used hair from Traci for comparison. 

How does anyone know for certain that TRACI is John's biological daughter? In my mind, Dina was spending more time stepping out on John and on her back than Xaviera Hollander back in the day. For all we know, John never actually raised a single kid (including Beely) that was actually his.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 9

Somebody said a few days ago that they thought the writing was improving and if felt like good old fashioned soapy goodness.

I agree.  It feels somewhat old school to me.   I also think the production values have been upped slightly.  The lighting is better. 

That's not to say I like the direction of most of the stories but I'm actually compelled to watch.  I am very curious about this Jack business - I remember him all the way back to Jack the Jerk (and I always found Terry Lester's portrayal as kind of whiny and Jack as kinda unlikeable, but I've never been here for the romance... and since Bergman took over I am one those who call him Aunt Jack... though I did kinda like him yelling at nuKyle... the point being I find this plot development more intriguing than offensive but I can tell most don't.) I'm trying to figure out the point of the grampire storyline but anything that has him lying there with lighting that makes him appear for corpse than patient it great TV to me. 

But for me it all moves too fast, there's no build.  There's a compromise between Twitter speed and Bill Bell speed.  Nobody's found it.  There's so much drama to build on.  Every Abbott could/should have a conversation with nuKyle about WTF?  The mixed emotions of the whole Newman family - hovering over a man they half despise - could be worth exploring.  With the right music underneath it you'd have a great episode.  

My main complaint is it should be called the Young and the Dayplayers.  Traci, the Brooks sisters, Jill, the Walnut Grovers, the ceremonial rounding up of the Baldwins (cause Jack's in jail?  It reminded me of the old days when MAB used stage a verbal Chorus Line with the Winters all in one room)... everything seems rushed and just kinda hey, look!  They do a month of stories in a day. 

• Love 10

Somebody said a few days ago that they thought the writing was improving and if felt like good old fashioned soapy goodness.

I agree.  It feels somewhat old school to me.   I also think the production values have been upped slightly.  The lighting is better. 

That was me. I don't like the direction either but some of the set pieces have taken me back to the old days in the late eighties/early nineties when I was watching with my grandma.

• Love 5

Another thing I'd wish they'd tackle in due course, but won't, is the drama behind Dina's choices.  That woman was a mess, obviously, for years and the implications of it are now emerging.  How do any of them feel about her?  How do you care for someone who needs you wholly and yet has pretty much single handedly shattered everything you believed about your life?  There's a lot to mine here but that's not how we do it any more.   This would be a time to bring back Mamie... or somebody playing Mamie... she's the last (not made up) witness to a past the kids were too young to recall... Mamie could know all... even Joanna Manning could apparently know all... so bring back her and give Lauren something to snark about.  

• Love 10

I was never a Veronica Redd fan... she seemed like mean Mamie to me... but I liked Marguerite Ray... she felt soft and caring.  So recast a new actor.  And, frankly, recast Jill and make her a permanent part of the canvas, stirring it up.  It could open the door to bringing more black actors again (although, please, not the originals!) The Mamie clan could be a whole new family... the doctor sister of Drucilla... she could be married, have kids and a husband of her own...seocnd marriage, so he too has kids of his own and a bitchy ex wife...  you just need a nexus.  

• Love 5

It's a new day in GC.  Kind of a dreary somewhat boring day.

Vic and JT are at home.  Vic heard from Drinki that the medication has not stopped the infection her father has.  JT tells Vic she needs to take care of herself, and then tells her they need to take the kids to dinner to celebrate their engagement.  She thinks it is not a good idea to celebrate when Prick is on death's doorstep.  He says they can order in and tell them.  She thinks they are too young.  He says the kids need something to look forward to.  She says that JT is not divorced yet, and he says he is going to take care of that.

Philly visit Jack in jail.  He looks miserable.  Billy tells Jack that he knows that he didn't push Prick down the stairs.  Phyllis says she knows Jack is innocent and she is going to prove it.  Billy is not happy about that, and he suggests hiring a PI. Jack tells them about Kyle's visit and how he had hatred for his father, even worse, he acted like he was not his father, just someone he lived with once.  Jack says that Kyle's attitude, along with Dina losing it and Ash hating him, makes him feel like he has no family.

Abby and Ash are at the manse discussing what to do about the DNA test results that prove that Jack is not John's son.  Ash suggests redoing the test.  Ash says she had a long time to get used to not being an Abbott but it is different for Jack, who spent his whole life trying to get his father's approval. She wonders whether they should keep it a secret forever.  Yes, Ash, that is exactly what you should do, but you won't.  Ash talks about when she found out about Brent Davis, she was young and had no idea how it would impact her whole life.  She doesn't want to have this knowledge about Jack.  Abby thinks this is all connected, that when Jack made the blood Abbott clause, he hurt Ash.  When he finds out he is not an Abbott, he is going to have to face what he did.  Abby, you are just like your bitchy mom and bitchy sister.  Ash says this means that Jack would lose both is father and his CEO title, and she cannot do that to him, it is too much.  Abby says this is not a secret they can keep.  Ash says this will affect everyone, Tracy, Billy and Kyle.  What, no mention of Keemo?

Devon and Hilary wake up in bed together in her room.  Devon says he didn't want to sleep over because he doesn't want to mislead her.  Room service arrives and she says she is happy to share.  They discuss the fact that they had sex, and Hil says it is no big deal.  Devon texts Lily to says she is running late, and Hil texts Mariah the same.  Mariah sarcastically says to Lily that they shouldn't read anything into the fact that they sent the same text at the exact same time.  And Lily looks like she shit her pants cause she fears what she has done.

Lily and Mariah are discussing Lily locking Hil in the office so she could not get "knocked up".  Mariah asks Lily if she is okay with what she did, with a tone that suggests she really should not be.  Lily says she is not okay with it, but she and Cane had fun doing it.  WTF?  Mariah tells Lily she loves her bro so much she is willing to do something that is more like Hilary than Lily.  Mariah says that Hil is vain, selfish, not completely trustworthy, totally egocentric, but says that she is ridiculously loyal.  Mariah thinks that Hilary has something valuable to teach a kid, like strength, loyalty, confidence, and says that she grasps the concept of tenderness.  Lily says Hil can be a mom, just not with Devon.  

Nick is at CL  with Sharon. He tells her that he feels like he is faking since he has been at war with his dad for so long.  Sharon tells him he loves his dad and his dad loves him.  I cannot believe I am typing this drivel.  He tells her he is still working on finding a place and she says there is no rush.  And she insists that he eat something and gets him a bagel.

JT meets Mac at the GCAC dining room and he tells her he will give her full custody of the children, but that he wants visitation rights. She says it has to be visitation with supervision.  He says she is trying to punish him, but he agrees, and says he is hoping that with time she will change her mind.  So he is totally caving to her demands in order get her to sign the divorce papers.  She wants to know why he is in such a rush to get married, is it because he wants to marry Vic before she figures out what he is like? He tells her she is rewriting history and she can think whatever she wants, it has nothing to do with him and Vic.  She tells him  he cannot change unless he admits what he did.  He asks her what exactly he did.  She says he was controlling, judgmental, he criticized what she ate, how much time she spent at work vs. with the kids, he disliked all of her friends.  She says he chipped away at her confidence.  He tells her she has made herself out to be a professional victim.  He says he was looking out for her and the kids.  She says he needs to take an honest look at his behaviour, and says she is worried about Vic and about him.  He says Vic is a COO, she's smart and she's strong.  He says as soon as he saw Vic again he realized what he had been missing the last few years.  He says that he and Vic belong together.  Mac says she has told Vic what she needs to know, she is an adult, there is nothing more for her to do, and she says she will sign the divorce papers.

Ash and Abby arrive at the hospital and Vic tells them there has been no change. Abby notices Vic's engagement ring.  Ash asks if they set a date, and Vic says not yet, given the circumstances. Abby tells Vic not to rush things for Johnny and Katie's sake, and references her great relationships with Stitch and Zack, and tells her to take her time.  In response, Vic says it is obvious that Paul thinks Jack is guilty.  Abby disagrees.  Vic says it is hard to believe someone you care about can do something so terrible.  She says that Prick had so much respect for John Abbott, but Jack is nothing like his father.  Really, Prick had respect for John Abbott?  

Philly are at the GCAC dining room.  Billy is on the phone with a PI he has hired to prove Jack innocent. Phyllis is annoyed that he is doing so when she could do the investigating herself.  He says he has the best PI and this will keep her out of harm's way.  She tells him to be careful, he is not in charge of her only she is.  She admits that she got obsessive when it came to Chelz, but this is different.  Billy points out that last time she was trying to protect her ex, and it is the same thing now, just a different ex.  She says he is way more protective of his ex.  They spar a bit and then get all lovey dovey.

Abby and Ash visit Jack, and he tells Abby he did not do this to her father and she says she believes him.  He is surprised to see Ash and she says they are family.  Abby tells him he spent years looking after the family like his father did.  She tells him the case is circumstantial.  He says he should never gone after Prick.  Ash says they should just look forward.  She tells him that she is dropping the lawsuit.  He says he has so many regrets, and hours to catalogue them.  He says his father would have been so utterly disappointed in him.

Mac shows up at CL, and Sharon and Nick greet her.  Nick says he is going to the hospital, but Sharon encourages him to rest or go to the gym.  He leaves. Mac  wonders whether they are reconciled, and Sharon says no.  They talk about Vic and JT reconciling and Mac shares that she just agreed to a custody arrangement with JT.  Mac asks if Sharon is close to Vic.  Mac says women have to help other women.  Sharon tells Mac about her current sainthood going back to school and working at the crisis hotline.  Mac is impressed.  She tells Sharon that she broke up with JT because he became emotionally abusive.  Wow, this girl really spills the tea!  She says she has a therapist, which has helped.  She tells Sharon that she tried to talk to JT to get him to see what his behaviour means, and at this point Vic walks into CL and overhears.  Mac says that he refuses to admit he has a problem and that she worries about Victoria, that he may be treating her the same way. Vic walks up and says to Mac that she is so worried that she is going person to person gossiping about her and JT.  She tells Vic it is not gossip, it is the reality she lived through and she doesn't want the same thing to happen to her.  Vic blows her off, and Mac says she is on her way to the airport and wishes her well.

JT sees Nick at the GCAC and asks about his dad, and Nick says his dad is tough.  He congratulates JT on the engagement and that he is impressed by how supportive JT is being toward Victoria.  JT says he won't mess things up with Vic this time, and Nick says if he does, he will run him out of town.

Sharon talks to Vic about JT, and she suggests a relationship counsellor for Vic.  She leaves her a business card of a counsellor.  Vic pockets the card.

Lily wonders whether Hevon got another appointment for  insemination today and she  is  not finished being an interloper so she calls the clinic pretending to be Hil's assistant to find out about her next appointment. They say she has not set one up yet, so Lily is elated.  Meanwhile Devon and Hil are still in bed talking about their future baby.  Devon finally decides to get dressed.  She thanks him for his support and doing it the old fashioned way, and says if she is not preggers, she will make an appointment with the clinic for next month.  He asks her how long her window is and she says a few days, so he suggests they get busy right now to increase the odds. And they jump right back into bed.

Ash and Abby are at home, and Ash says that as long as Jack is in jail there is no way she will tell him he his not John's son. 

Vic is at home looking at the card that Sharon gave her.  JT arrives home and tells Vic that Mac is on board with the divorce and they should get busy booking a wedding date and she says: I can't marry you, JT.

Edited by bannana
because grammar matters
  • Love 13

Oh JT is going to go ballistic when Vic suggests counseling. I can't wait for someone (Billy? Nick?) to beat the crap out of him.  I've never had strong feeling about Vic either way but I was once in a relationship like that and I got out of it by getting on a plane and flying three thousand miles away while he was at work. It's hard to watch. 

Thanks bannana, you're a saint for slogging through all that crap.

• Love 9

Is this now the Kick Jack show? And is it the Kick Jack show in order to polish Buttbiscuit’s halo as he devotes himself to his brother’s defense? The loyalty train left the station when Beely fucked Phyllis. Is this whole shitshow to cement NotBilly as John’s only son? At least Ashley located a sliver of compassion in her heart; Abby is just repulsive. 

Speaking of repulsive, I guess Lily has decided for the sake of her marriage to lower herself to Cane’s level of douchebaggery. Thank god they’re back together and moving on to great stories like interfering with Devon’s scheduled spank appointment. #Lane4EvaSpermNeva!!11!

• Love 14
12 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Is this now the Kick Jack show? And is it the Kick Jack show in order to polish Buttbiscuit’s halo as he devotes himself to his brother’s defense? The loyalty train left the station when Beely fucked Phyllis.

So I don't get this because... um... Jack did the same thing to father's wife back in the day.  So Jack can evolve but Billy can't?

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Big Blue Plate said:

So I don't get this because... um... Jack did the same thing to father's wife back in the day.  So Jack can evolve but Billy can't?

For me, Jason Thompson was such a stark contrast to Billy Miller I just couldn't with him. He was NOTBILLY for me. And his relationship with GT's Phyllis just turned my stomach. Now if they break up Philly I may be able to handle him as an Abbott but just barely. I think he can be redeemed but not with Phyllis. YMMV.

• Love 13

Jack’s affair with Jill was 30 years ago, and it took him a while to evolve. If Billy puts in the work, maybe in three decades he can be a decent person. Since he never faces the consequences, Billy will probably remain a buttbiscuit with minimal self-awareness. John at least was able to boot Jack out of the house without people begging him to forgive poor Jack and stop being such a big meanie. 

I am curious as to Billy’s motivation for helping his brother. Billy Miller’s Billy came off as caring about Jack, while I don’t get that vibe from Thompson’s Billy. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Big Blue Plate said:

It wasn't the same thing. Jack slept with Jill once. He didn't carry on an affair for months and taunt his father about how he loves to "share things with him" while playing footsies under the table with his father's wife and beg his father's wife to run away with him, and then after his father's marriage ends (because of the affair he had with his stepmother) walk around town telling everyone how much he loves and loves fucking his father's now ex-wife.

Also Billy fucked another of Jack's wives, Sharon, and Jack almost immediately forgave him. 

As long as Philly are still together I will not buy any evolution on Billy's part. I found it absurd that they went to visit Jack together like some old couple. RME.

• Love 15
14 minutes ago, miamama said:

I found it absurd that they went to visit Jack together like some old couple. RME

JT and GT "LOVE" Peter so we all have to suffer as a result.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, miamama said:

It wasn't the same thing. Jack slept with Jill once. He didn't carry on an affair for months and taunt his father about how he loves to "share things with him" while playing footsies under the table with his father's wife and beg his father's wife to run away with him, and then after his father's marriage ends (because of the affair he had with his stepmother) walk around town telling everyone how much he loves and loves fucking his father's now ex-wife.

Also Billy fucked another of Jack's wives, Sharon, and Jack almost immediately forgave him. 

As long as Philly are still together I will not buy any evolution on Billy's part. I found it absurd that they went to visit Jack together like some old couple. RME.

18 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Jack’s affair with Jill was 30 years ago, and it took him a while to evolve. If Billy puts in the work, maybe in three decades he can be a decent person. Since he never faces the consequences, Billy will probably remain a buttbiscuit with minimal self-awareness. John at least was able to boot Jack out of the house without people begging him to forgive poor Jack and stop being such a big meanie. 

I am curious as to Billy’s motivation for helping his brother. Billy Miller’s Billy came off as caring about Jack, while I don’t get that vibe from Thompson’s Billy. 

1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

For me, Jason Thompson was such a stark contrast to Billy Miller I just couldn't with him. He was NOTBILLY for me. And his relationship with GT's Phyllis just turned my stomach. Now if they break up Philly I may be able to handle him as an Abbott but just barely. I think he can be redeemed but not with Phyllis. YMMV.

There's a better chance for Abby to grow a brain than for Nostrildumbass to evolve.  De-volve is more likely.

1 hour ago, Big Blue Plate said:

Nope. See above.

Plus, evolving from ButtBiscuit to human would be a many generational thing as nature slowly turned his giant nostrils into useful appendages.  Even Darwin would have his doubts.

I could see him as a doorstop, however.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

JT and GT "LOVE" Peter so we all have to suffer as a result.

I did think Peter played it perfectly. He just kind stared at them as they said shit like “I owe you” and “I will hire a PI” blah blah as though they are “team Jack.”

RME

• Love 13
(edited)
On 3/21/2018 at 9:51 AM, HeatLifer said:

I don't get why someone would promote JT's return as "fan favorite, hawt JT is back, swoon" and then decide, "Hey, how about he choke Victoria and almost punch her in the face!" Happy Anniversay! The story was 100% poorly written and completely trashes JT's history. But does it shock me Mal Young doesn't know shit about character history? NOPE.

Late to the party but.....what?!

Wasn't JT always some upright citizen type?! I'm confused why he or AH would agree to this.

I thought Shictor's existence was as low a bar as this show could go, but between this and the spoilers I just read and the Philly tonguebath that's probably still going on*, it appears the IIC took that bar and is using it as a limbo stick.

*And I'm sure somehow Young would even ruin any satisfaction in seeing them over and done with with an exceeding stupid breakup story by pairing Phyllis with Victor. Or even Billy with Victor, if it thought it'd get bigger shock value. Ugh.

Edit, after reading further: Jtoria are engaged?!?!?!

*Sputters*

*Chokes*

This show is dead to me.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 8

So much of Mal's storylines - ButtBiscuit, JT, Cane, Victor really seem to stem from that age old question -

Is it Nature or is it Neuter?

I for one can go for a LOT more neutering on this show, a LOT.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, miamama said:

Yes, @miamama!  This was so weird and disturbing, and Jack's miserableness may have been in part due to sitting across from his brother who betrayed him with his wife who betrayed him.  But they were all, we believe you are innocent and we will prove it!

I do not like what Show is doing to Jack but I think that PB is going to have some meaty stuff coming up.  So there is that.

• Love 17
(edited)

I guess it's all degrees but I don't buy at all that Jack and Jill and Billy and Phyllis can somehow be judged as one worse than the other.  But it seems like it's ok so long as you don't actually take the offended partner's spouse and be happy in a relationship with that person, and I can kinda get that reaction.  But realistically I don't know how much Jack's character improved post Jill... he just wasn't as bad and, of course, once he became the show's perpetual loser at love and business, it is hard not to feel sorry for him because eventually he lost his stud status and just became Victor's whipping boy, which I never enjoyed either. 

Edited by Big Blue Plate
  • Love 2

Oh what Jack did was totally gross, disrespectful and wrong. It has nothing to do with how long the affair lasted in either case, at least for me. Jack had to take his lumps, and Billy has people feeling sorry for him and telling Jack to get over it. I also am not sure how to measure the relative wrongness of each tawdry escapade or if there’s a points system out there that makes them absolutely equal. 

The problem for me is that Billy is such an asshole and doesn’t feel the least bit bad about what he’s done. He didn’t just pursue his brother’s wife and have sex with her, he taunted his brother and wished he was back on torture island with crazy Kelly. He stole Dina’s password so he could spy on Jabot. Ashley and Tracy coddle him. If Billy does have regrets, JT isn’t good at letting them show. BM always gave off an air of knowing he was a fuck up while fucking up left, right and upside down. I don’t know. Maybe Noah’s love tap with his car bumper knocked the self awareness out of Billy.

• Love 17
27 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Oh what Jack did was totally gross, disrespectful and wrong. It has nothing to do with how long the affair lasted in either case, at least for me. Jack had to take his lumps, and Billy has people feeling sorry for him and telling Jack to get over it. I also am not sure how to measure the relative wrongness of each tawdry escapade or if there’s a points system out there that makes them absolutely equal. 

The problem for me is that Billy is such an asshole and doesn’t feel the least bit bad about what he’s done. He didn’t just pursue his brother’s wife and have sex with her, he taunted his brother and wished he was back on torture island with crazy Kelly. He stole Dina’s password so he could spy on Jabot. Ashley and Tracy coddle him. If Billy does have regrets, JT isn’t good at letting them show. BM always gave off an air of knowing he was a fuck up while fucking up left, right and upside down. I don’t know. Maybe Noah’s love tap with his car bumper knocked the self awareness out of Billy.

Yeah for me attitude was a HUGE issue. The inherent drama in screwing a family member’s spouse is in the fact that you are screwing a family member’s spouse. Show guilt, angst, internal conflict. Billy was presented as simply gaga over Phyllis. Jack was some guy he hated for being in the way. Billy and Phyllis as star-crossed lovers was the STORY. Which was crap.

Then when the affair came out Billy continued to taunt Jack and sulk because Phyllis loves Jack. (Remember he scrawled it on the wall??!!!)

Traci and Ash berated Jack for being angry at Billy. RME

John confronting Jack over his vile betrayal was one of my fave scenes ever. He got to show his hurt and disappointment and disgust until TL’s Jack was left sobbing on the floor. He then threw Jack out of his life. Prior to this we saw Jack trying to hide his gross sex romp for MONTHS to spare his dad and hide his shame. But then it came out and he paid the piper. That is an emotional arc. As a viewer I felt satisfied. I loved Jack but he deserved that. Good soap.

Billy is in romcom bliss going to high school reunions with Jack’s wife who is suddenly 20 years younger. Jack has shit.

So I continue to feel dissatisfied.

• Love 20
On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 5:13 PM, bannana said:

Lily looks like she shit her pants

LOL

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 5:56 PM, bannana said:

Mikey and Lauren try to reassure Tracy and say Jack is lucky to have his family to support him.

Jack would be lucky if he actually had a supportive family!

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:29 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

I don't think wrinkles disappear just from lying down.

They do according to The Golden Girls :)

• Love 13
(edited)

It is still the same day in GC.

The episode opens with Hilary doing a live broadcast of a press conference at the GCAC. It's Prick and Kyle, and Prick is telling the media that they are partners now, Jabot and Newman.  Jack walks in, enraged, and points a gun at them and shoots as Prick laughs and says, you have lost again, Jack.  Jack wakes up in his cell from the nightmare.

Ash goes to Jack's office to check on things and Kyle is already there, and tells his Aunt Ashley to make herself at home and she looks surprised.  Ash and Kyle have a drink and he tells her he supports his dad, which she is skeptical about and mentions his vote against Jack.  He says he did that to support her and she thanks him for it.  She wants to know why he was incommunicado  for so long.  He tells her he is going to step in and takes Jack's place.  The bylaws indicate only a blood Abbott can step in and he doesn't think Billy or Tracy are going to step up.  She asks him about his relationship with Jack and he says it has been tense but that he came home to work things out.  Ash asks Kyle if he is sincere about wanting to help Jabot, and he says the answer is emphatically Yes.

Lily is at work at HWG with Intern 1 and Intern 2, and they are helping her get ready for her biz trip to NYC.  Hil shows up and starts taunting Lily about having boinked Devon all day and the night before. Lily looks horrified.  Hil goes on and on about her boinkfest, and Lily is trying to ignore her.  Hil thanks Lily for causing it to happen.  Devon arrives and when Hil steps out of the office, Lily asks him what makes him angrier, what she did to Hil or Hil telling everyone that they boinked all night and all day.  Later Devon asks Hil why she told Lily about the boinkfest, and she says couldn't help herself, because Lily was so smug.  They confirm with each other that in the future  they will only have no contact insemination.  Shudder!  Then Lily confronts Devon, saying he let her off the hook.  She says she is done with this, and he says this is all on her, because she interfered.

Vic and JT are at home and she explains that they need more time before getting married.  He doesn't understand what has changed.  He says she is getting cold feet, and they should just go ahead with the wedding.  She tells him to really listen to her, and she asserts herself more and more in the conversation.  He want her to explain more and convince him why they shouldn't get married and she says she doesn't need his permission.  He doesn't like the implications she is  making about him, and quite frankly, the entire convo was tiresome and made me wonder why these two would want to marry at all.  It's like some weird obtuse ongoing conversation, and nothing about it seems pleasant.  She keeps insisting that she needs to go to the hospital and he keeps insisting that they talk about it some more.  He wants to know if she has been talking to Mac, and she says she makes up her own mind.  She finally leaves, and he leaves right after she does.

Drinki is at Prick's bedside holding his hand and she hears him telling her that he is only able to make it through this because she is right at his side. And she looks adoringly at Nosferatu.  Nick wants her to take a break, so she leaves for a while.  Drinki goes to visit Jack.  She wants to know why he went back to the Ranch.  She wants the truth.  He admits that when he found Prick, he thought to himself the world would be a better place without him.  But he called for help.  And he tells her he didn't push him down the stairs.

JT finds Mac at the GCAC and he insists that she talk to him, since she talked to Vic.  At first they argue, and then he wants to know why she is telling Vic he is a monster. She explains to him about his behaviour, and tells him he needs to put in the work.  They part on civil terms.  She leaves for the airport.  He looks at an article in the newspaper that says Prick is fighting for his life.

Simone shows up at HWG, and Hilary tells her she should not show up without an appointment because Devon is a busy man.  Hil steps out of the office, and Lily takes the opportunity to tell Simone that Devon is really into her, and she also pitches that Simone should be a model for them on social media, meaning she will be spending more time at HWG.  When Hil returns she realizes what Lily is up to with Simone.  Later, Devon has a meeting with Simone, and Lily is pleased as punch that her latest plan is working.

Kyle is at GC Buzz now, with Mariah, and she is worried that his reappearance means that the Snowflake is returning, but he says Summer doesn't share her plans with him.  They catch up a bit, and confirm that they never liked each other, and Mariah wonders whether he is just looking for someone to hang out with and he confirms that he would like to hang out with her.  Kyle tells her he planning on staying in GC.  I guess they are setting up Kyle and Mariah.  Blech.

Drinki, Vic and Nick are at hospital and Nick tells them that Prick has sepsis and Drinki freaks out.

Ash visits Jack in jail, and tells him his family loves him and believes in him.  She tells him Kyle is stepping up to help at Jabot.  Jack freaks, and tells Ash to promise him to keep Kyle from taking over at Jabot.  Again, I am a broken record on this topic, but Kyle is a Jabot employee, CHECK OUT HIS JABOT EMAILS ON THE JABOT SERVER!  They will get all the proof they need that he is in collusion with Prick.  Jack fills Ash in on his convo with Kyle, telling her that Kyle was not the least bit concerned about Jack's wellbeing.  He tells her that Kyle was criticizing him for his various business decisions and romantic relationships and for neglecting his own son.  Ash tells Jack that Billy told her that Kyle was carrying a grudge against Jack, but that when she spoke with Kyle, she didn't see it.  She says that Kyle told her that Jack was his number one priority.  Jack says that this is Prick's doing, turning his own son against him.  He doesn't know what they are up to, but, he says, it is big and could damage all of them.  Ash wants to know what they should do, and he tells her that together they have to find some way to stop Kyle.  She seems to be sincere in her support for Jack.  While they are talking we cut away to Kyle in Jack's office, sitting at his desk and looking quite content and somewhat devious.

JT shows up at the hospital and goes in to Pricktor's room.  Vic arrives, and wants to know what he is doing there. He says he is there to support her.  They step into the hallway and they start talking again about their earlier convo and about the wedding. He admits that he has been judgmental and demanding, and he is going stop that behaviour.  He says he is okay with postponing.  Then she tells him that she has one condition, that they go to relationship counselling.  Drinki and Nick arrive and Drinki breaks down about Prick and Nick and Vic both hug her as JT looks into Prick's room.  He doesn't look at all guilty or even worried.

Edited by bannana
  • Love 14

mmm, jt, in wisconsin, there is a 6 month waiting period between when the marriage is legally over and when you can re-marry.

if you wed out of state, it is not really legal in wi...you would have to wed again after the 6 mo. waiting period..just ask your former bil....or google it.

• Love 6