Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

37 minutes ago, Capricasix said:

I don’t know how Jack didn’t clock Billy right in his smug, self-satisfied face.

This is what has killed this show for me. 

Billy: You can’t get past the fact that Phyllis chose me.

Followed by Jack insisting she settled and Billy saying she needed me blah blah.

No, show, NO.

Billy CHOSE Phyllis over his OWN brother. He did not fight his lust. He did not have the decency even to feel ashamed that he hurt Jack AT ALL.

That is why Jack is hurt. Why can’t the writers acknowledge this fundamental betrayal???? It’s biblical FFS.

Instead it’s about the power of Philly love.

• Love 19

And a shot of the Underpants on fire; a match is on the bar and starts a fire.

We've already had the ceiling fall in, now a fire..so who dies..? anyone..

Jack still has feeling for Phyllis imnsho 

Sharon, no more lip injections, your lip looked weird today!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Pickles said:

I just have to say that I crack up every time you refer to The Underground as The Underpants!

@Pickles, I cannot take credit but I also cannot recall who said it first!

7 minutes ago, marina to said:

The day after she kicked Billy out and begged him to send her to Dallas. 

@marina to, thanks, why I cannot recall it when I recapped it disturbs me like I am Dina.  Was Jack pissed at her that she tipped their hand?

• Love 3
1 minute ago, bannana said:

@marina to, thanks, why I cannot recall it when I recapped it disturbs me like I am Dina.  Was Jack pissed at her that she tipped their hand?

She walked in looking like hell so I think he was too concerned to get upset. He certainly was looking forward to watching Vic self-destruction on the Hillary Hour but then Ash came in with the record player and they went down memory lane.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, miamama said:

This is what has killed this show for me. 

Billy: You can’t get past the fact that Phyllis chose me.

Followed by Jack insisting she settled and Billy saying she needed me blah blah.

No, show, NO.

Billy CHOSE Phyllis over his OWN brother. He did not fight his lust. He did not have the decency even to feel ashamed that he hurt Jack AT ALL.

That is why Jack is hurt. Why can’t the writers acknowledge this fundamental betrayal???? It’s biblical FFS.

Instead it’s about the power of Philly love.

I wish GT/JT didn't want to work with PB 'cause you know Mal would listen and Jack would be free.

• Love 5

Hmmm, when they showed the preview of the fire, I thought it was at Lily's house. What did I miss that indicated it was at the Underground?

Every time they talk about Zack's history in Chicago it annoys me that we are to believe that Victor's PI was not able to discover that Zack (who apparently didn't even bother to change his name when he came to GC) was a pimp there. Alrightly, then. 

It is equally annoying that we are to believe that the Newman Abbott princess can do no better than Archie Andrews. And that though he continually treats her like crap, he has only to spew one of his lies, and she deems him once again the perfect boyfriend. Watching them kiss is truly nauseating. Even the actors themselves looked ready to hurl when they were kissing. 

I have a hard time feeling sorry for Vicki that she may have to dip into her own money to save BS. How much of her 500 million does she still have? Quite a bit, one would think. That she would rather use Devon's money (or really Katherine's) than her own? Too bad, so sad Vick, that you were turned down. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Hmmm, when they showed the preview of the fire, I thought it was at Lily's house. What did I miss that indicated it was at the Underground?

Every time they talk about Zack's history in Chicago it annoys me that we are to believe that Victor's PI was not able to discover that Zack (who apparently didn't even bother to change his name when he came to GC) was a pimp there. Alrightly, then. 

It is equally annoying that we are to believe that the Newman Abbott princess can do no better than Archie Andrews. And that though he continually treats her like crap, he has only to spew one of his lies, and she deems him once again the perfect boyfriend. Watching them kiss is truly nauseating. Even the actors themselves looked ready to hurl when they were kissing. 

I have a hard time feeling sorry for Vicki that she may have to dip into her own money to save BS. How much of her 500 million does she still have? Quite a bit, one would think. That she would rather use Devon's money (or really Katherine's) than her own? Too bad, so sad Vick, that you were turned down. 

You know, @UsernameFatigue, I must have read it in a spoiler but I just rewatched and it is hard to tell.  However, according to spoilers I just read, don't read if you don't want to know...

Spoiler

it is the Underpants, and it has do with a fight Nick has with Prick.  Charlie, Mattie and Reed are trapped in the office, and it looks like Scott and Billy rescue them?

• Love 5
4 hours ago, bc1795 said:

Maybe he did,  but it happened yesterday and there was no time to show it. 

IIRC, when Scott tried to call Prick, Prick told him not to call him again. He wasn’t given the chance to tell him about his suspicions. Then Abby, idiot that she is, talked about the rumors about Scott at NE & acted like NE didn’t want to hear anything Scott has to say.

• Love 5

We are still on the same day(!) and it's Halloween.  Some spooky scary characters show up, like Gwampire.

• At the Winters' house, Mattie and Charlie are dressed like Red Riding Hood and the Wolf.  They are not impressed by Cane's over exuberance about their party.  At CL, Devon and Mariah are dressed like Michael Jackson and Madonna, which I guess is a thing this year.  Tessa and Noah show up, and I didn't get their costume references (something vampirish) but whatever Tessa is wearing, Mariah is hot for it and decidedly uncomfortable.  Later they compliment each other's looks and flirt a bit. 
  • At Sharon's house, she assures Scott she didn't say a thing to Zack, and then she introduces him to Faith. He doesn't really relate well to a kid at first.  Faith impresses him though with her vocabulary and knowledge of his profession.  They tell Faith that Scott is Sharon's boyfriend, after he extolls all of Sharon's virtues, such as being smart and being an advocate for human rights around the world.  Wait, what?  Scott and Faith begin to bond as she paints his face, and she thinks she may want to be a journalist.  Chelz, Nick, Connor and Christian arrive dressed up, but I didn't catch the costumes.  Chelz looks like the solar system.  One of the kids is a robot.  Nick has heard about Scott being arrested and tells Sharon he doesn't want him around Faith and Sharon tells him he has no say about that.  Really?  Nick wants Faith to come with them, but Faith wants everyone to go together and Chelz backs her up so Nick acquiesces.
  • Reed shows up at the twins' party, which is decorated to excess, and he and Cane jokingly spar a bit, and Cane tells them not to drink or do drugs and goes into his study, as the other kids arrive; but he peeks out and sees Charlie hugging someone.  Mattie deems the party lame just as Cane walks in, turns on the lights, says don't mind me, and oh, Mattie, make sure there are no stains on the carpet.  Later, Reed suggests they liven up this party by taking it on the road.  Cane comes back in the living room to see the kids have left and he gets a text from Mattie saying they went to CL and will be home by ten.  Cane watches a monster movie by himself.
  • The best costume of all is the Dracula thing Prick has going every day.  He is not happy with Billy Boy because of everything that has befallen his little girl, but Billy assures him Jack is the culprit. AT BS, Prick says he needs facts, but Billy says they don't have time to wait for proof.  Vic arrives and wants to know what they are planning.  Billy goes back to his offer to purchase 33% and Prick says whatever piddly amount he has in his bank account ain't going to be enough. They need someone with deep pockets.  Billy protests.  Vic sighs.
  • At the Abbotts, now it is Ash's turn to berate Jack for upsetting Dina by telling her Graham is never coming back.  Ash tells Jack she has his back with Dina, and at work, but then she wants him to look her in the eye and tell her he was not behind the tampering.  Jack is offended, but doesn't quite answer.  Ash gets a call from the lab, the test results are back; Jack looks troubled.  Jack is alone now, playing the record he bought for Dina and going to have a cocktail, but the ice bucket is empty so he goes to the kitchen.  While Jack is gone, Dina sneaks into the living room, sees the record, smiles gleefully as she takes it with her and leaves the house.
  • Tessa excitedly tells Mariah that she and Noah are going away on a trip and staying at a hotel that is in a tree.  Reed and the other kids show up and convince Noah to give them keys to the Underpants so that Reed can get his guitar and play for his friends. We learn later via Reed that there isn't a Halloween party at the Underpants because Nick wanted to spend Halloween with his kids. I guess they party into the wee hours.  Nick confronts Scott and tells him he doesn't like him and he should stay away from his daughter.  Prick sidles in and glowers at Nick.  Prick tells Nick he knows that he has a good deal with his liquor supplier, paying way below market rates. Prick tells Nick that NE has purchased the supplier and will not be giving any discounts.  Nick says, I guess the truce is over, and Prick says it is just business.  Then, Nick and Chelz talk and she tries to put in a good word for Scott, but Nick is also dismayed by his convo with Prick.  He says he would rather torch the place than let Prick win by putting him out of business.  He's in a bad mood so he says he is going to go, and he leaves Chelz with the kids at CL.  So much for family time.  Vic and Billy show up with Katy and Johnny, and Billy wants Vic to decide about what do to solve their BS problems, but she just wants to enjoy Halloween.  Devon and the gang want to hit the "clubs", which, I don't know what they're referring to with the Underpants closed, but Mariah is nauseated at the sight of Noah biting Tessa's neck and says she has to leave.  Devon says he doesn't want to be a third wheel so  he leaves as well.  Prick and Vic talk about the offer he made and that Billy made.  She has to make a decision.  Ash arrives and tells Billy that she ran a test on the BS masque and he doesn't seem surprised that she had a sample.  I guess that happened off screen. Ash tells Billy that the masque is more toxic than she imagined it would be, and Vic is lucky cause the damage could have been much worse.  Based on her experience, she says this would have been produced by a manufacturer outside the US.  She says that companies turn to these manufacturers that have shoddy products because they want to rush to get the product in the market, just as BS rushed its masque to market.  She says these products are illegal.  Ash wonders what kind of a person would decide to do that.  Billy looks troubled.   Meanwhile, Sharon tells Scott that Faith is charmed by him, but he says Nick is right about him staying away, he is putting them in danger if he remains in contact.
  • At the Underpants, Reed, Charlie and Mattie are ready to get the party started, and are about to text the other kids to join them, but Nick shows up and they scurry to hide in the back office/make out room.  Not sure why they didn't just say, hi uncle Nick, I am just here to pick up my guitar.  Or even actually leave by the back door.  Nick is at the bar lighting candles, and thinking back on all of the wrongs committed against him by Prick, such as the missing money, and other convos he had with Chelz and Noah about his conflict with Prick, including his recent statement that he would rather torch the place than let Prick get it from him.  He stands at the bar dropping lit matches into a glass container.  Then he appears to leave.  Reed checks it out and says the club is empty but then they hear another door close, so they stay in the office.  It's Dina!  How the heck would she even know where the Underpants is?  Maybe she got in via the front door which Reed left unlocked?  She's in her slippers and robe.  She looks at her record with fondness and puts it back in her bag, and then she looks at an old pic of I think Brent and looks annoyed.  She knocks over a kerosene lamp and promptly ignores that,  and then lights a match and goes to burn the photo of Brent with a lit match.  She hesitates.  She doesn't burn the photo but leaves the photo and the still lit match on the bar and leaves and the bar goes up in flames.
  • Dina returns to the Abbott mansion with the record and puts it back by the record player.  She goes upstairs and Jack is on the phone with Traci and says Dina is resting upstairs.  He then sees the record back in its spot and is perplexed.  He doesn't realize that she left.

Previews:  Jordan to Hilary:  You are all hairspray and nailtips, and she throws a drink in his face.   Mariah to Tessa:  Jump in, and tell me if that kiss meant something to you too.  At the scene of the UP fire, Cane is desperate to get inside to save his kids, and we have a shot of Billy inside trying to save them, calling out their names.

So it is the same day tomorrow as it was yesterday.

• Love 16

My memory must be failing me because I don't remember Dina ever being at the Underground, so why would she go there?  How did she get there?  Call a cab?

Why would Nick light candles?  Was the electricity not working?  If he thinks he's the only person there, was he going to have his own little romantic party?

• Love 8

LMAO. Dina randomly walks all the way to the Underground merely to look at the album and also Brent’s photo ??? (That she *brought* to this random place)?

She is no worse for wear? Elderly woman in slippers and no outer wear in October Wisconsin - walking?

And yeah as @Diane M says lit candles? And a kerosene lamp???? Huh? What are either doing at a bar, that is closed no less.

This is worse than Pratt. Mal doesn’t even pretend this makes a lick of sense. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Capricasix said:

Ahahaha, Victor just walked into Crimson Lights like the Voice of Doom and my husband said, “Here comes the vampire” ?

Now that's a GREAT husband!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Diane M said:

Why would Nick light candles?  Was the electricity not working?  If he thinks he's the only person there, was he going to have his own little romantic party?

Maybe Nick was going to put on his favorite album, Bananarama's Greatest Hits, and indulge in a little self love of the horny Orangatan variety and candles add to the ambience.  Along with, of course, since he is such a sooofisticake, the underwear section from the Sears catalog, a bottle of Boone's Farm and a little of Chelsea's  Face cream.

The man is a real rooomantic.

Chelz is such a lucky woman.

• Love 9

Okay, went back to watch the UP segment, which is different than watching and recapping.  Nick walked out to the right which is where I think the restrooms are?  So maybe he didn't leave, which would explain why the pumpkin still had a candle in it.  It makes no sense for anyone in the world to leave a pumpkin in a building with a candle burning.   Especially the owner.  It seems Dina walked in the front door, which I guess is where the kids walked in, and had left it unlocked.

I am going to surmise that Dina called her car service, which brought her to and returned her from the UP.

Things that still make no sense:

• why did Dina go to the UP with Brent's ratty old photo?  that she was in her pj's is answered by dementia.
  • why didn't Reed just say hello to Nick and say he was there to get his guitar?  Why didn't the trio just leave by the back door, exit sign in full view?
  • why, oh why, is there a kerosene lamp in a bar, or anywhere for that matter?

Everyone who called it that Billy is responsible for the toxic masques, YAY!!!  You are correct.  Will he admit to it?

• Love 12
8 hours ago, bannana said:

Everyone who called it that Billy is responsible for the toxic masques, YAY!!!  You are correct.  Will he admit to it?

It won’t matter. He’s this year’s fire hero and Jack will be sad as his fate remains unknown for a Mal minute and Jack will apologize to HIM. 

Vicki will be mad but still want him back. 

Billy does bad bad shit and then saves kids from a fire. Even MAB waited a bit before Adam hero redemption scenes. Billy isn’t even outed yet for his business stupidity.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, Big Blue Plate said:

Today was appalling.  Just pathetic.  Almost parody.  Watch the decline in viewers speed up. 

It was terrible. The scenes with Dina were the worst, and made no sense at all.

• Love 4

I think Victor absolutely knows what Zach's up to. That little conversation at CL between Victor and Zach on yesterday's show pretty much sealed it for me. I wouldn't be surprised that he's known what Zach has going on for a while and it may have been the real reason he asked Abby to move into Nick's place at the ranch - well in addition to pissing Nick off.

• Love 8
34 minutes ago, Capricasix said:

And the Underpants apparently doesn’t have a functioning sprinkler system? Come the fuck on!

Especially since the building collapsed a few years ago and was rebuilt.  The collapse was blamed, I think, on a faulty building inspection.  The remodel would have had to have inspections and I would think they would be very thorough considering the history.  Given that, I'm sure they would include functioning sprinklers.  Not having them is just as serendipitously dumb as Nick coming in to a closed because I want to spend this holiday with me fambly bar and Dina choosing that particular venue to have an attack of dementia.  I don't watch the show, but I read the recaps which are very thorough and I didn't see any groundwork laid for these actions.  Does Y&R even have writers anymore?  Did all the monkeys die.  Intern, check on this.

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, Toomuchsoap said:

I think Victor absolutely knows what Zach's up to. That little conversation at CL between Victor and Zach on yesterday's show pretty much sealed it for me. I wouldn't be surprised that he's known what Zach has going on for a while and it may have been the real reason he asked Abby to move into Nick's place at the ranch - well in addition to pissing Nick off.

I can hear it now.

"Dad if you knew Zach was an evil doer, why didn't you do something?"

"Geez, you kids! I try to protect my fambly and I get nothing but grief. I let you find out on your own and now I'm the bad guy?"

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 8

It's still Halloween!

• The trio are trapped in the office of the Underpants and realize there is a fire when they open the door and see smoke.  Reed calls Billy for help, who is on the way to rescue them.  Mattie calls 911.  Charlie calls his dad, who is asleep in front of a horror movie.  The kids bicker as Chuckie wants to leave and Mattie warns him about a backdraft.  He ignores her, but burns his hand on the door, which won't open, as Mattie explains, it has expanded due to the fire.  Chuckie and Reed continue to bicker and Mattie tries to take control of the situation.  Billy  is inside the UP trying to find the kids.  Cane arrives and tells the firemen that his kids and Reed are in there, and he tells them they have to go in and rescue them. The fireman says that they need to get the fire under control and then they will do search and rescue.  BTW, did we know that the UP is across the road from Rexx Rugs?  Mattie is in charge and tells the boys to use the beer from the mini-bar to dampen the towels to put under the door, and use the water to put on towels to cover their faces. Chuckie wants to drink the beer.  Cane calls Mattie, and tries to tell her a story to calm her, and then suddenly she isn't there anymore and Cane freaks out.  Cane leaves Lily a voicemail to call him and says it is bad.  The kids are huddled on the floor with cloths to their mouths and are worried that they won't be saved, and they hear Billy calling to them.  Billy breaks through the door and reaches the kids and helps them get out.  Reed yells to Billy as he is leaving and he says he is right behind them but for some reason he isn't, I guess smoke inhalation.  The kids make it outside and run to Cane, who is relieved.  He asks, where is the fireman who rescued you?  Reed says it was Billy and he was supposed to be right behind them, but he wasn't.  We see Billy struggling and then the building explodes, and Billy looks terrified.
  • Mariah and Sharon are at home, and Sharon wonders why Mariah was so nauseous she had to leave the party and now she is hugging a bowl of candy corn.  Mariah breaks down.  They have a heart to heart including talking about her past, and she says she feels selfish and guilty and left out.  She says no one really knows her, she is playing a part, and she is tired of pretending.  Sharon tells her to stop pretending, and Mariah says she has never felt about any of the guys, including Tyler, like Sharon does about the men she has loved.  Mariah says she is in love with a she, and Sharon says she is okay with that, who is this special girl?  Mariah says, Tessa, and Sharon says, Noah's Tessa?  Hah!  Sharon points out that Noah has had a lot of heartbreak, and Mariah breaks down, saying she knows, she didn't want this.  But she has been in pain and turmoil for a long time.  Mariah tells Sharon about the kiss, that it was mutual, but that Tessa is committed to Noah.  Sharon wonders how committed she is if she is kissing his sister.  Sharon tells her to be who she is and that she should go to Tessa to tell her how she really feels, she should do so right now.  Mariah goes to CL where Tessa is scrolling through photos, including of Mariah.  Mariah makes a passionate and heartfelt appeal to Tessa.  She wants to be truthful, and says they have been lying about what the kiss meant.  She implores Tessa to tell her if the kiss meant something to her too.  Tessa says it did, it was wonderful.  But it is too complicated.  Tessa says Mariah is her best friend and that is all they can be.  Tessa says it is not about Noah, it is about her and her past, and she can never reveal her past.  Mariah is angry, and says Tessa wants her in her life, but only on her terms.  Mariah says she wants Tessa in her life, but not like this, with both of them pretending.  She leaves, crying, and Tessa is crying too.
  • Jordan sees Hil at the GCAC and she tells  him she is not interested in being second choice.  He tries to smooth things over with her but she is not buying it.  He admits that he was keeping his options open with Lily, and Hil says she demands better.  Jordan reminds her about the blind husband she screwed around on with the son.  He doesn't get why Hil is so jealous because she appears to be self confident.  She says it is about respect and he says it is about control, and she needs everything to be about her with everyone giving her adulation.  He says nothing is real about her, and even the sex isn't worth this hassle.  Ouch. He goes to leave and she says we are not done till I say we are done.  He tells her she bought into her own hype, as some big TV star, but he says her husband gave her the show so he wouldn't have to deal with her diva nonsense all by himself.  He says she is a joke, all hairspray and nail tips.  And she throws her drink in his face.

Previews:  Outside the UP, Nick to Prick: don't worry Dad, I am not going to be coming to you for help, and Prick angrily replies, poking his finger in Nick's face: you are not getting a dime from me, no matter how far down you sink, not a dime!  Sheesh, Prick, ever heard of time and place? Fireman to Jack, who is with Phyllis and Reed, and possibly Vic:  I am not going to let you go in there, sir, and Jack forcefully replies:  you are going to have to restrain me, you are not going to keep me away from my family.

• Love 17

The whole fire thing was ridiculous.  It appears Billy walked through the bar, where the fire was, to get to the office, where the kids were.  Well then where were the firefighters who were supposed to be putting out the fire?

And why wouldn't anyone go in through the back door near the office, when Mattie told them exactly where they were. 

4 minutes ago, Diane M said:

So Jack cares about Billy after all?

I guess so.  It's pretty ridiculous after their big blowout which I believe was earlier this day.

What really blew my mind in that preview was Prick's anger toward Nick.  WTF?

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, bannana said:

The whole fire thing was ridiculous.  It appears Billy walked through the bar, where the fire was, to get to the office, where the kids were.  Well then where were the firefighters who were supposed to be putting out the fire?

And why wouldn't anyone go in through the back door near the office, when Mattie told them exactly where they were. 

Billy needs to be the hero. Then he has to be hurt because Jack has to forgive and love him. Then Phyllis needs to burst into tears, call him the love of her life, and the screw him on the hospital bed. I got it covered, Mal, I'm sure.

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Billy needs to be the hero. Then he has to be hurt because Jack has to forgive and love him. Then Phyllis needs to burst into tears, call him the love of her life, and the screw him on the hospital bed. I got it covered, Mal, I'm sure.

SMH

• Love 7
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

But they need to do it fast because each day is only an hour long. Less if you're shopping.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, bannana said:

1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

I can't with this shit. It seems that Mal Young is working hard to make POSBilly likeable. Sorry, Mal- it's too late. JT's Billy had no redeeming qualities to begin with and pairing him with Phyllis (his brother's wife) did him no favours, even though you tried spin their sleazy (and unnecessary) affair as some "rom com" bullshit. Unfortunately, JT looks to be Mal's pet, so I suspect he'll get plenty of screentime to play out Billy's "redemption" storyline, but I repeat- I can't with this shit.

Edited by ezzylin
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

You have got to be shitting me. Help me, @miamama

This is so bad. 

Mal will resolve Jack's anger at Billy with one of the most contrived "disasters" I've ever seen on a show that has had a lot of contrived disasters? You know what's coming right? I mean even before the Philly sex on a hospital bed that you rightly predict @HeatLifer? Phyllis and Billy embracing outside the fire (when he's freed) and Jack watching and finally getting it. Finally seeing that Philly is L-O-V-E.

I'm telling you, in Feb. sweeps he will officiate their wedding.

LMAO. So show thinks that if they use Pratt shock and awe they'll get ratings like Pratt did when he began. It won't happen.

Mal is such a hack.

Also Sally Sussman's Twitter account (https://twitter.com/MidnightReturn1 that's her documentary btw) has liked some interesting tweets recently. Namely a Twitter rant by Jamey Giddens about Mal's atrocious Pratt non-storytelling. So, yeah, sure, Sally never really had any interest in being HW and "chose" to retire. 

• Love 16