Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

I liked the opera set but laughed that everyone was in the same box, heh. Ravi needs better hair. If Phyllis ends up hooking up with Scotty, will Lauren's head explode?

I'm mildly invested in the stalker stuff with Lily. Also weird that Cane got fall down drunk, yet Asian lady wasn't affected at all. I don't trust her and her face at the end when she's was holding the earring made me 'uh-oh.'

Neil's date was kind of random.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Big Blue Plate said:

The opera?  The #$%^in' opera?!

Also, did I ff through Ravi falling, hitting his head and acquiring Rico Suave verbal skills?

Apparently it is temporary as from the preview he seems to revert to being a nerd. Had they always had Ravi as a confident, suave person I could have seen the Ravi/Ashley pairing. (And yes, get rid of the glasses). But to believe that the shy nerd who has been around from the start suddenly turns from Clark Kent to Superman by donning a tux and contacts is laughable. 

So now are they going to pair Scotty with Phyllis. Does GT have it written in her contract that she can only be paired with hot, younger actors? How old is Scotty supposed to be, anyway? Isn't Lauren supposed to be in her early 50s at the most, so early 30s? If he is going to be paired with someone older I would prefer Sharon. 

• Love 6

I don't know if they're pairing them, but that was definitely a chem test. 

9 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Does GT have it written in her contract that she can only be paired with hot, younger actors?

I legit thought the same thing. 

• Love 7
On 2017-03-14 at 2:01 AM, UsernameFatigue said:

Does GT have it written in her contract that she can only be paired with hot, younger actors?

On 2017-03-14 at 11:07 AM, HeatLifer said:

I legit thought the same thing. 

GT appears to have succumbed to a condition called ActressesWhoPlayPhyllisItis. 

Edited by miamama
  • Love 14

tee hee hee, i looked up scottie on soc's who's who character profiles.  he was born in 1991, same as cassie/mariah...  nick was born in 1988 so he is only 3 yrs older than scottie and mariah....huge guffaws coming out of my mouth..

i hate soras.

• Love 8
39 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

tee hee hee, i looked up scottie on soc's who's who character profiles.  he was born in 1991, same as cassie/mariah...  nick was born in 1988 so he is only 3 yrs older than scottie and mariah....huge guffaws coming out of my mouth..

i hate soras.

So he's supposed to be 25?

26 minutes ago, Capricasix said:

And Billy was born in 1992/1993 IIRC

And he's 23-24? I'm out of evens to don't. Again. Stupid fucking show.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

So he's supposed to be 25?

31 minutes ago, Capricasix said:

i think according to the casting call, he was supposed to be around 32 or something.

And he's 23-24? I'm out of evens to don't. Again. Stupid fucking show.

LOL  yeah, he should be but he was sorased when david t. took the role and they had the "glow by jabot" kids in the pool house..i think billy is supposed to be early 30's too.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

i hate soras.

Nothing will ever beat the Mary Warwick shit on B&B, where Amber was her baby sitter about a year or so before she got pregnant and came back in 2002 as a teenager/20-something looking to seduce Rick. ?

Regarding Nick, I didn't realize he was born in real time '88. My earliest memories of this show I remember seeing Heather Tom and Josh Morrow in their roles in roughly 91-92. Frigging crazy.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Regarding Nick, I didn't realize he was born in real time '88. My earliest memories of this show I remember seeing Heather Tom and Josh Morrow in their roles in roughly 91-92. Frigging crazy.

Nick was sorased from baby to six-year-old to post boarding school high schooler over a period of three years.

• Love 2

Phyllis and Scotty as a storyline...just NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!  Looks like cougar storylines are a thing now....next it will be Jack and Mariah...LOL

Better than Jack and Gloria.   Am I the only one thinks she actually look too old for him?

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Big Blue Plate said:

Better than Jack and Gloria.   Am I the only one thinks she actually look too old for him?

My guess is they are doing this WTF "coupling" to bring Jack's mommy issues to the fore -- ahead of mother Abbott's return. The man has slept with two of his father's wives. Chronological ages notwithstanding (Jill and Gloria are Jack's contemporaries) it's insane, even for a soap.

• Love 6

I know there's been speculation (or wishful thinking) that Dina's return somehow also signals John's return (most frequently on account of witness protection, which would be simple and by soap standards pretty believable.  Not inclined to think so - seems evident to me that somehow she figures into the rapidly emerging battle between Jack and Ashley - but I did think what a fine mess for John to return to... still married to Gloria... Jack sleeping (albeit an honest mistake) with another one of his father's wives.... could be hilarious.   But I have a hard time imagining Jerry Douglas is in the wings.  

• Love 5

I agree. I don't think Jerry Douglas is coming back as living John. I think Dina's visit does relate to the Jack and Ashley impending war and Ashley's paternity. But this Gloria thing is just so weird I can't help but wonder if it will play out with Dina. Sally is all about fleshing out character and going back in time. Jack's relationship issues (according to both portrayers, TL and PB) stem from being abandoned by his mother. It was acknowledged in her first visit in the early 1980s explicitly in a conversation between mother and son.

As usual I'm probably giving this more thought than the writers do. 

• Love 11
22 hours ago, Big Blue Plate said:

I'm still hoping that whatever Jack and Gloria are up to off-screen is of a decidedly non-sexual nature. Some sort of business intrigue or something. But that might just be me with my eyes closed and fingers in my ears going 'lalalalala can't hear you' at the thought of them actually having sex.

Come to think of it that's how I feel about most of the parings on this show, soooo.....

• Love 9

I agree about Ashley's dress at the opera. She's also on HW of Beverly Hills. She's worn strapless dresses on the reunions. They are NOT flattering to her sagging breasts. I've often wondered if she has a mirror in her dressing room and takes a really good look at herself. The best advice for breasts is that they should "hang" halfway between your shoulders and your elbows. If they're any lower than that, you're wearing the wrong bra. That's the best advice I've ever gotten from a professional bra fitter. And so true! Cover up the girls, Ashley. They're not flattering to your profile. And your belly looked really bloated today in that blue dress. Okay, done with my snarky comments for today. I think. 

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, granderobino said:

I'm still hoping that whatever Jack and Gloria are up to off-screen is of a decidedly non-sexual nature. Some sort of business intrigue or something. But that might just be me with my eyes closed and fingers in my ears going 'lalalalala can't hear you' at the thought of them actually having sex.

GloJack is still a better love story than Shictor, however.

• Love 9
On 3/14/2017 at 2:01 AM, UsernameFatigue said:

Apparently it is temporary as from the preview he seems to revert to being a nerd. Had they always had Ravi as a confident, suave person I could have seen the Ravi/Ashley pairing. (And yes, get rid of the glasses). But to believe that the shy nerd who has been around from the start suddenly turns from Clark Kent to Superman by donning a tux and contacts is laughable. 

So now are they going to pair Scotty with Phyllis. Does GT have it written in her contract that she can only be paired with hot, younger actors? How old is Scotty supposed to be, anyway? Isn't Lauren supposed to be in her early 50s at the most, so early 30s? If he is going to be paired with someone older I would prefer Sharon. 

One of GT's preferred "younger" leading men is definitely not hot.  And I'm not talking about My Son or Ravi.

Edited by Tippi
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

GloJack is still a better love story than Shictor, however.

I honestly can't say which is better or worse. They both give me Madeleine Kahn in Clue levels of flashes of homicidal blinding rage.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, rcc said:

I'm glad that whatever is going on with Jack and Gloria it's offscreen!

Maybe it's not sex and there will be a big twist? I mean they have showed NOTHING, right? Only the morning after the one time when they got drunk and clearly were grossed out. Then we are to believe they succumbed while sober. It's really stupid if it's not a twist.

• Love 11
31 minutes ago, miamama said:

Maybe it's not sex and there will be a big twist? I mean they have showed NOTHING, right? Only the morning after the one time when they got drunk and clearly were grossed out. Then we are to believe they succumbed while sober. It's really stupid if it's not a twist.

Maybe they're up there snorting coke. I hear it's making a big come back.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Maybe they're up there snorting coke. I hear it's making a big come back.

See? This is what I'm talking about. Jack and Glo and some blow. That would be palatable and twisty. The alternative? ugh.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I'd like to think Jack and Gloria occasionally get together and stick pins in a Buttbiscuit doll. Sometimes Victoria joins them. Then they all do blow.

AHA! That's why Victoria is so skinny! Everyone knows cocaine is an appetite suppressant. That's also why Buttbiscuit can never know, what with having nostrils like a giant shop vac, there'd be no tootskie left for anyone else!

• Love 9
On ‎2017‎-‎03‎-‎16 at 3:30 PM, miamama said:

My watching is very hit and miss these days.  I learn more by reading here.  But, I do think, @miamama, that your original thinking may be correct.  It would appear they talk about things that one could construe as a sexual relationship.  But unless I have missed something, those convos could be about something other than that.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, bannana said:

My watching is very hit and miss these days.  I learn more by reading here.  But, I do think, @miamama, that your original thinking may be correct.  It would appear they talk about things that one could construe as a sexual relationship.  But unless I have missed something, those convos could be about something other than that.

This makes me happy @bannana -- that you don't think my theory (fantasy) is completely outlandish. I'm not watching so I can only base my opinion on recaps. But it is striking to me that we have seen nothing indicating a sexual relationship. Even Shictor were shown kissing. I don't know but it's some pretty serious ageism if they can't show PB and JC in a romantic scene AT ALL. I mean make it funny, because it's obviously not a love story. It needn't be graphic or over the top. Jill and Colin have sexualized scenes and kissing and cuddling without being Hevon-like in their nakedness. It should go without stating that I don't EVER want to see Jack and his hated stepmother getting it on but I find it very hard to believe that show would imply an entire affair like this and not show a hint of it unless there is a twist to all this.

Or maybe I'm just in denial. Which is fine. I'll be in denial. 

• Love 8

I don't know why they don't put together the perfect couple - Colin and Gloria. TR doesn't have anything to work with opposite insipid Cane and Lily. I can't stand the character of Colin, but I like the actor well enough. 

I'm down for Devon and Mariah and I don't care who knows it. Just don't tell anyone.

• Love 12
56 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Really? Who do you think he does have chemistry with?

He has chemistry with Lily, Neil, Cane, Jill, Colin, Michael. 

He had romantic chemistry with ER's Abby, Chloe, and Hilary. He also had chem with MOs Abby but she's way too tall for him so they look ridiculous onscreen imo. He just has none with Mariah and they also look ridiculous onscreen. She dwarfs him body wise. 

• Love 1

Chemistry is subjective. Some people see chemistry between Billy and Phyllis, yet all I get out of them is a visual emetic. I'm not even sure Devon and Mariah have any chemistry, but I like them both so I'm willing to see where it goes. I totally dig that not everyone will feel the same.

• Love 11

I actually thought Billy and Phyllis had chemistry. The writing for Billy was just so crappy. He had no remorse. I didn't quite understand what Jack had ever done to deserve being treated so callously. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

The writers and viewers alike are still trying to figure that out.

That would explain the crappy writing Jack is receiving now. Retrograde justification. 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, DivaT said:

That would explain the crappy writing Jack is receiving now. Retrograde justification. 

Even so, Billy continues to look ridiculous whining about how Jack wants to get him back for screwing his wife as if screwing someone's wife is the equivalent of stealing a crayon.

• Love 13