Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

Just now, Black Knight said:

I've had to; it's not ideal but if I have to work all day and go straight to the airport from work, it is what it is. I know plenty of other people who have had to do the same. We bring our suitcases into work with us.

I get that, I travelled a lot with my work, too. It's not like Sally was working to a deadline and had to be at a meeting. She just shows up there wearing her stinky dress! 🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I don't think it's a big deal either way. You're just sitting on a plane. It's not like going to exercise and sweating up a storm. Otherwise we'd have to be changing constantly and most people don't do that - they wear the same thing all day.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

I've had to; it's not ideal but if I have to work all day and go straight to the airport from work, it is what it is. I know plenty of other people who have had to do the same. We bring our suitcases into work with us.

But do you get off the plane and go straight into meetings or do you hit the hotel first?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

But do you get off the plane and go straight into meetings or do you hit the hotel first?

That's my point, even if I didn't have time to check in at the hotel, I always brought a change of clothes in my carry on, and changed at the airport! But maybe I am just that weird. I travelled a lot on business, sometimes going from a full day meeting, to the airport, hang around at the airport for the two hours, sit on a plane for 4 or 5 hours, rent a car or get a cab. It's hours. And I do find it grungy to be doing all of that and maybe it is just me, but all of that running around, makes me want to change. Sally had no such schedule, she didn't even have a meeting scheduled with Eric. So we know she walked from one set to the other, without the approx. 8 hours of travel (flight and cars) that she would have endured. They could have made it a bit more realistic with a clothing change.

But now, onto the Sally and Eric convo. She is an idiot. Of course Eric is going to call Lauren and Pricktor at a minimum. Sally was not this stupid until they destroyed the character on B& B.

But for non B&B watchers, it was pretty rich to hear Eric say that Sally is the last person anyone in LA would want to see. The number of actual crimes committed by his own wife (attempted murder, 3 x kidnapping) his grandson (vehicular homicide, multiple attempted murder, attempted kidnapping, etc.), his soon to be daughter-in-law (human trafficking) and pretty much all of his employees, far surpass what Sally did in LA.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
On 6/11/2021 at 8:36 PM, bannana said:

Wow, so Sally is suddenly in LA? Yes the time zone works in her favour, but still.

So, I surmise that Tara and Ashland are doing a great con on the Abbotts and the Newmans. That is why Tara looked so upset to hear that he was going to bed Victoria.

Re the possible con--I sincerely hope so because

1. Burgi is just about the only performance I'm interested in at this point
  2. I like the duo of him and Victoria--I'm an unabashed fan of the actress and the scripts have been a bit better for her lately
  3. I HATE disease storylines, fireofathousandsuns hate them. I mostly FF show at the moment but did enjoy PLL's reaction to Ashland's revelation, "Oh, ED I guess fella..." [Not as in Eileen Davidson, whom BTW I miss.
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
On 6/12/2021 at 6:38 PM, Black Knight said:

I don't think it's a big deal either way. You're just sitting on a plane. It's not like going to exercise and sweating up a storm. Otherwise we'd have to be changing constantly and most people don't do that - they wear the same thing all day.

Okay, but if you know you won't have time to change, wouldn't you wear your airplane/travel clothes to work - Casual Friday or flat out jeans and a tee, in case you have to escape the plane on that giant slip 'n slide or climb out onto the wing to battle a monster?

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 6/13/2021 at 10:43 AM, pearlite said:

3. I HATE disease storylines, fireofathousandsuns hate them. I mostly FF show at the moment but did enjoy PLL's reaction to Ashland's revelation, "Oh, ED I guess fella..." [Not as in Eileen Davidson, whom BTW I miss.

I'm going to be really pissed at this show if turns out that they are willing waste Richard Burgi just to introduce that kid and his Mom as characters. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

Okay, but if you know you won't have time to change, wouldn't you wear your airplane/travel clothes to work - Casual Friday or flat out jeans and a tee, in case you have to escape the plane on that giant slip 'n slide or climb out onto the wing to battle a monster?

True story. Many years ago a colleague of mine who worked in gov't was flown with senior officials via helicopter to a meeting in another smaller city. It was winter and this was in northern Canada. She was wearing a business suit with skirt and heels. The helicopter had to make a crash landing on a frozen lake. She was dressed so wrong it was not even funny. After she told me that story I never flew wearing heels ever again and usually don't even wear sandals! And I definitely dress casually in case of emergency and because it is more comfy!

• Love 7
(edited)
On 6/13/2021 at 11:43 AM, pearlite said:

1. Burgi is just about the only performance I'm interested in at this point
  2. I like the duo of him and Victoria--I'm an unabashed fan of the actress and the scripts have been a bit better for her lately

Come on show. Bring back Doctor Michael Knight to (Up the adorability factor) and cure Ashland. This show desperately needs a mature (under 80) man with some (any) virility. Victoria lights up around him unlike the soul sucking Butt Billy. I can see EB leaving sometime and the show could give a man for Nikki, Ashley, Nina, Mop etc a lot of story. Maybe RB doesn't want to hang around? Sad. I love my pretty Sentinel....and he is a good actor.

Edited by crowsworks
I just had to mention how adorable MEK is again.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
25 minutes ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

OMG!  MM in that thin blue dress showed every detail of her butt as she sashayed past Victor’s desk!  Has no one been kind enough to let her know?  Lol

Maybe a REALLY big bouquet.

• LOL 5

Why do Rey and Naya have such a hard time keeping their eyelids open?  They are either squinting or looking judgy with their eyeballs barely visible with their upper lids down.  Too much Botox, poorly placed?

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I’ve missed the past few episodes. What health problem does Ashland have? Thanks.

He told Victoria the doctors found small cell lung cancer, gave him six months.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

At least the fake act Tara is gone.

Summer is the daughter of Phyllis and a Newman and used to be more spitfirrey. She needs to not let Tara and Sally win. Call the bluff. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 12
On 6/17/2021 at 8:02 PM, Artsda said:

Summer is the daughter of Phyllis and a Newman and used to be more spitfirrey. She needs to not let Tara and Sally win. Call the bluff. 

It is time for another murder mystery on Y&R.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

So is this merger Vic is proposing Assland part of his devious plot? He pretends to be dying, gets them to do a merger and he takes over Newman?

And I really don't get how Tara's threats are working on Dummer. Just tell Kyle and/or Jack the truth and lock Tara in the pool house until Kyle can get the kid away from her. Okay, that might be a bit extreme, but come on, if Tara is exposed, she loses everything. Dummer is living up to her name.

I really cannot stand what they have done to Sally (which began over on the Bold and Beautiful toward the end of her run). But I did enjoy her getting one over on Dummer. 

• Love 13
9 hours ago, bannana said:

I really cannot stand what they have done to Sally (which began over on the Bold and Beautiful toward the end of her run). But I did enjoy her getting one over on Dummer. 

It seems like all of Dummer's blood supply is going to her lips intead of her brain, making her even Dumber than before. Her blank look and gaping mouth, unable to respond to Tara, moves her into the realm of Dumbest.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
On 6/14/2021 at 8:07 PM, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Agree, Naya’s eyebrows are permanently raised which makes her look arrogant to me.   

Some actresses and 'others' get cheek implants that give them big jutting cheekbones but also Natasha Badanoff (sp) gimlet eyes instead.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Mariah has the baby and it comes out singing with red hair and it turns out to be hers and Tessa's despite this being totally impossible with in vitro. With this show...super easy - barely an inconvenience.

• LOL 13
33 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Tara, if you are going to make GC home, please learn how to pronounce it like those who live there. She seems to add an extra vowel, pronouncing it like "Gen-o-a-wah"

Drives me nuts! Like when people say "Real-a-tor."

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
On 6/14/2021 at 8:07 PM, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Agree, Naya’s eyebrows are permanently raised which makes her look arrogant to me.   

It's the over-plucked then drawn on arbitrarily look.

OK portrait artist here and I've found that if I can get the center line of the mouth and the brows (bottom) the rest is just anatomy. But that is where I (Maybe it's just me) catch the resemblance. Naya's real brows are half an inch below her stenciled(?) brows. If she plucked and ruined her eyebrows I don't mean to pick on her (It happens) but it really messes with your 'YOU' look. 

I remember Mr Spock's advice to his replacement- Shave your brows but never pluck, thread or wax cause sometimes they don't grow back. (You don't think he liked those super thick rimmed glasses)

• Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

Hopefully Jack starts to figure Sally out. Her and Tara can pay for their plotting anytime now.

Stitch? Nice seeing the flashbacks. I wonder if the creepy person sneaking into the house is Max. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Always difficult to say the Lauren has topped out her, uh, signature look, "Executive Streetwalker," or something. There are so many moments, so many get-ups...

But oh, dear deity, animal print painted on to her with that every-popular business off-the-shoulder look.

See? I try to watch the show. But show is not making it easy.

p.s. It's really sad when (a) I'm mildly interested in Returned Stitch, and worse, when (b) I'm starting to enjoy Phyllis...

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, pearlite said:

Always difficult to say the Lauren has topped out her, uh, signature look, "Executive Streetwalker," or something. There are so many moments, so many get-ups...

But oh, dear deity, animal print painted on to her with that every-popular business off-the-shoulder look.

See? I try to watch the show. But show is not making it easy.

p.s. It's really sad when (a) I'm mildly interested in Returned Stitch, and worse, when (b) I'm starting to enjoy Phyllis...

Like I said before, it's easy to hate on characters like Phyllis when she's being horrid to another GC denizen but she's very handy to have when outsiders come in and fuck with our people.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

Yep Lauren’s hooker animal print off the shoulder skin tight dress with her fake boobs spilling out made me laugh out loud when I saw her!  Along with newly bleached hair GMAB….why does the actress allow herself to be portrayed like this as it has nothing to do with her role on the show.

Oh Kyle let the child go to Milan and you can stay at home and play house with your new family even though Tara looks much older than you.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

I’ve always been confused about Lauren’s clothes and hairstyles. She really does look like a hooker rather than a rich business owner who runs a clothing/makeup conglomerate. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

I’ve always been confused about Lauren’s clothes and hairstyles. She really does look like a hooker rather than a rich business owner who runs a clothing/makeup conglomerate. 

I saw her today. Is that get up in the new Jabot Ellie May Clampett line?

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

I'm so used to Lauren's look I barely noticed and just shrugged it off. I was happy to see her in business mode. Now I hope we get to see her in that  dress tomorrow, but that's probably too much to hope for. Although she could have a convo with Sally. Or Glo. Right, she still works there?

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, Gam2 said:

It's possible that Lauren is dressing that way because the Monroe Wisconsin Ms. Limburger Cheese Queen contest is coming up soon and she's DAMNED IF SHE'S GONNA BE PASSED OVER AGAIN.

She has goals, ya know?  

Edited by boes
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1

These Summer scenes really seems like HKK is leaving and this is her last episode. Goodbye scenes with Phyllis, Jack, Victor, Nikki, Victoria, Mariah, Billy and Faith all in one episode? When last has Summer and Victoria even interacted?

Summer gave Sally what she destroyed and manipulated her life over.  I hate Sally getting exactly what she planned. 

Jack's so stupid falling for Tara's fake act. Lauren also for Sally's.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, Artsda said:

These Summer scenes really seems like HKK is leaving and this is her last episode. Goodbye scenes with Phyllis, Jack, Victor, Nikki, Victoria, Mariah, Billy and Faith all in one episode? When last has Summer and Victoria even interacted?

Summer gave Sally what she destroyed and manipulated her life over.  I hate Sally getting exactly what she planned. 

Jack's so stupid falling for Tara's fake act. Lauren also for Sally's.

I hate what these n00bs are doing to legacy characters.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Artsda said:

Omg Jack is such a moron. 

I have always loved loved Jack; but right now I can't stand him; actually, what the writers have done with his character.  

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Rey had no business getting in the middle of Adam and his child with the Chelsea talk.  Someone should have put Rey in his place. 

I don't think TIIC know what to do with Rey.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
(edited)

Chelsea should be grateful she's not in jail. But she's going to complain to Sharon about not getting to bring Connor with her? I don't believe anything out of Chelsea's mouth, everything is always a con with her.

She left Sharon for dead the last time she left town. Sharon should not help her, Victor is the sane one.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 8
On 7/8/2021 at 12:03 PM, peacheslatour said:

Waste of the actor--but diminishing him leaves room for more Adam... This is a not win for me though. Between MG's crappy acting and putting up with the suddenly lady-like Sharon [uh huh], I may be wearing out FF on the remote.

But in the interests of attempting to say something nice: at least we got Beth M and Eileen Davidson! They both look well, but honestly the only thing I can say about the scenes chez Abbott [which BTW made me think of being forced to swim in Pepto Bismol] is that Traci seemed to be side-eye-ing Tara, while Ashley seemed to be doing a gooey backstroke. Hmf.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

It's clear that Assland is conning Queen Vic, right? He's not dying and he's going to do a hostile takeover or some such thing?

All these scenes with Harrison are way too sacharine for my liking.  All of these adults being so schmoopy with him.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
(edited)
7 minutes ago, bannana said:

It's clear that Assland is conning Queen Vic, right? He's not dying and he's going to do a hostile takeover or some such thing?

All these scenes with Harrison are way too sacharine for my liking.  All of these adults being so schmoopy with him.

That's why I prefer psycho kids. For the realism.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
(edited)

Chelsea poisons a cop then that cop gets assigned to her? Rey out of town and Sharon down the walkway from Adam.

Sharon was the one who pushed Adam to send Connor now she's going to stand there staring at Chelsea and in thoughts?

Victor is the only sane one. Chelsea should not be getting her way with anything after all she did. 

Edited by Artsda
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
On 7/8/2021 at 12:03 PM, peacheslatour said:

Chelsea does - She's going to somehow take a picture of Rey sleeping in her bed

6 minutes ago, bannana said:

Stitch is still in GC!?!

He's apparently joined the family business and is as deranged as Max and Kelly. Insanity doesn't run in his family - it gallops.  

Maybe Kelly will return and we can learn that SHE hit Delia.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

Okay, now after Stitch's convo with Sharon, I am thinking he is not the one who kidnapped Mariah. And now Stitch is going to get a job in GC. So how could he raise a baby and what would he do about Mariah? None of that makes sense. And then at the end of the ep he drops by to offer support to Abby because she is worried about Mariah and the baby. What is that all about?

I liked that they had Tessa and Abby blaming each other for hovering over Mariah and presumably driving her away. Much more realistic than the love-in they have all been having.

I use to go out of town on business a lot, and I never really talked to my husband, or even texted him. I was busy and he wasn't going to want to hear about my work. That worked for us. But he always knew exactly which country, city and hotel I was in, and when I would be returning, including flight numbers. Mariah disappearing in this way makes no sense, that no one knows where she is. People should be alarmed.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
On 7/10/2021 at 5:50 PM, bannana said:

You mean you can't just merge two giant corporations?? 

Sally - I thought you were sly. No phone recoding Tara just blurting out her schemes. The writers on this mess must all be over 60

• LOL 5
  • Love 1