Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

so today was the beginning of mediation for the custody trial..

brittany had victor on the stand and pointed out that he was a felon, just had a stroke, how was he supposed to run after a 2 year old.  he defended his parenting and said that nikki looked after the kids..  when britt brought up his age and getting over a stroke he got angry and told her to stop it right now.

britt had nick on the stand and nick said that adam wanted nick to be the parent of the boy and didn't want victor to have anything to do with the boy...

victor told michael he knew what to do, so mikey called sharon to the stand..

too bad turd wouldn't just stoke out..totally out...no coming back from it.

• Love 10

michael trashed sharon, brittany had references from sharon's therapist, boss at the hotline and her teachers..

victor got temporary custody and will get permanent custody later....

fuck you mal.

If I hadn't already dropped it that would be it for me! No.....Dummer coming back.....no the PLL murder that no one cares about....no...Phylly....Heavon (emphasis on the heave) no.... Jack the loser punching bag- Hell, the list is toooolong.

At least the show is making it easy to cut ties

• Love 10

So glad I stopped watching this shit show. Are they purposely trying to drive viewers away? Who would actually believe a judge would give a small child to an old man with one foot in the grave. Even without factoring in his background of numerous crimes, giving CAN to Victor is ridiculous. The best interest of the child was obviously to stay with the man he thinks of as his dad, who has given him a loving, stable home. (Nick is a good dad, I'll give him that.)  And Nick is also a blood relative. 

The stupidity if this show has reached never before seen heights. Mal, you are the worst.

• Love 23

And Sharon’s bipolar illness was used as the reason? Seriously Mal?

wow.

I don’t care if this is set up for Nick vs Victor. Or that Shick bond in their fight to become a family unit. It’s nonsensical, offensive and an insult to viewers. 

What is it going to take to fire this guy?

• Love 20

Okay, that was the most ridiculous thing yet, and that is saying a lot.  Hell, I even believed that Sharon was completely honest, and reasonable, about her past and her illness, and that she and Nick had a loving family and relationship.  Somehow the female judge decides she is worried to have Christian in Sharon's home?  Couldn't Britt have laid out the litany of crimes in great and glorious detail for the judge?  How about the wishes of the actual father, Adam, who wanted Nick to raise both is kids.  This was ridiculous.  I guess we will learn that Prick is blackmailing or bribing the judge.

Anyone else think that Prick is not creating problems for Arturo, and that he is doing it himself, in order to get her back?  Except we did actually see the police car pull him over.  In one of my favourite sets, Toonces' car.

• Love 11

I came here before I watched today's show, and now I don't know if I will bother to watch. How ridiculous that Nick, who has said his family is his priority, is losing custody to a man with one foot in the grave, and the other foot in his office. And yes, Victor even said Nikki raised the kids, not him. Nikki, who is in the middle of an MS flareup and could not even attend the hearing. So who is going to raise CAN? A nanny I guess. Way to go, judge (or Mal, as the case may be). SMH. 

• Love 14

You would think that Victor after growing up in an orphanage (how did I miss that as he never ever tells that story) would want his grandson who is also an orphan to be be raised to by two loving parents and sisters who love and care for him.

But no no. Christian is nothing but a trophy that he could display to show to show Nick that he beat him in court.

• Love 14

Grrrrr, I just watched the episode and it is even worse than I imagined! 

WTH is wrong with Nick's attorney? (Other than of course she is being written as completely incompetent?). So Michael can talk ad nauseam about Sharon's mental illness, but Nick's lawyer doesn't bring up any of Victor's past? Zilch. Nada. Nothing. Sharon's mental illness is under control, but Victor's narcissism cannot be medicated. He is like that 24/7. And why is Nikki not under scrutiny, since she will be living with CAN as well? Not only is she in danger of her MS flaring up at any time (and certainly the stress of being 60ish and caring for a toddler can't help), but Nikki is in as much danger of relapsing as an alcoholic as Sharon might with her illness. Only in Nikki's case, there is no medication to keep her from relapsing. As usual, absolutely ridiculous writing. 

• Love 18

The good thing about the Previouslies at the beginning of the episode is that I can decide not to watch today's ep if there are no Abbotts featured in the Previouslies.  And when I say Abbotts, I do not include Billy.

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, Barb1959 said:

Does Auturo (sp?)really think that hairdo is looking good?  Awful!  I don't care if it is in style!

I agree; it's the same one Kim Jong-un has.

That shark has most DEFINITELY been jumped!

Edited by boes
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Capricasix said:

I actually thought JM was very good in his scenes with EB today.

I thought JM acted circles around EB. Not that that is hard to do, but I think today was one of JM's most powerful days ever on this show. 

• Love 10
13 hours ago, Dream Boy said:

Only on this show would custody of a young child be awarded to a 90 year old vampire. Just end this shit already. 

The thing that gets me with this custody battle - which lasted all of two days - is the whereabouts of Nick’s sisters. Abby’s hanging out at the pool. Victoria? She hasn’t been seen in days. The only family member who’s said anything at all to Victor is Nikki, and that was only a line or two of dialogue. This story has no beats. Even if Victoria and Abby were torn in their loyalties, they’d at least have an opinion.

I realize that the custody fight is nothing but a device to set up the battle lines between Nick and Victor, but there’s no emotional hook at all. I’m guessing Nick will team up with Jack to take on his dad, cause that’s the kind of thing Mal would think was poetic given how Kyle has been helping Victor. 

• Love 15
11 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I thought JM acted circles around EB. Not that that is hard to do, but I think today was one of JM's most powerful days ever on this show. 

It's almost as if EB really did have a stroke. It's very strange. He looks sick to me.

• Love 9

And where the hell was Nick’s mother?! Why wasn’t Nikki there to do the right thing by testifying for Nick?! Or shoot Victor dead. Whichever felt better to her.

• Love 11
40 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

And where the hell was Nick’s mother?! Why wasn’t Nikki there to do the right thing by testifying for Nick?! Or shoot Victor dead. Whichever felt better to her.

Exactly.  I don't buy that supposed MS flairup, not for a second.

• Love 7

Mmmm, boy! Father's Day episode on the Whosyerdaddy Show!

And about as uplifting as a deflated pile cushion. Sort of enjoyed Abby dragging Arturo to Victor's repugnant lunch, and sort of enjoyed nearly everyone else making a disagreeable mess out of it. And...Mal would like us to contrast this with the serenity and fambly warmth of the Hamilton-Winters-Ashby get-together. Did we notice the difference? Yes, Mal, we did.

If this little lesson isn't enough, Mal would like us to note poor, miserable, lonely, Jack... He's about to knock on his own door! Oh no! I weep, I cry, I gnash my teeth! His horrid son answers the door, only to deliver a sudden shift [this is Mal, folks] of attitude re dad: all sweet and grateful. Yup, Kyle, that crap and a bus ticket will get you downtown.

Not enough of Mal's sly manoeuvres for you? Dina's dear little crayoned note to her pater absconditus [dad who took a bunk--gotta exercise the Latin once in a while], layering up that Whosyerdaddy and What did he do? to new levels. Mal, that's a three-and-a-half-fer! You dog!

• Love 12
On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 6:38 PM, Capricasix said:

I actually thought JM was very good in his scenes with EB today.

JM was good, but he's so very limited. He can pull off outrage and barely contained physical aggression, but it's all the beats in between he can't handle.

• Love 4

Welp, looks like Philip Chancellor may be Jack’s bio father. Jack and Kyle access a safety deposit box in which they find an old picture, dated nine months before Jack’s birth, of Dina, John, Katherine, and Philip.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Capricasix said:

Welp, looks like Philip Chancellor may be Jack’s bio father. Jack and Kyle access a safety deposit box in which they find an old picture, dated nine months before Jack’s birth, of Dina, John, Katherine, and Philip.

Or the big misdirect, where Mal feels ever so smart, where Jack goes down this road for a while [maybe inflicts some pain on Cane], only to discover...

• Love 4
1 hour ago, pearlite said:

Or the big misdirect, where Mal feels ever so smart, where Jack goes down this road for a while [maybe inflicts some pain on Cane], only to discover...

Wouldn't it be a bit of poetic justice if the man who worked his way into Chancellor by pretending to be Philip Chancellor's son got ousted by a guy who really is Philip Chancellor's son.......

But I still want Jack to be John's son - BUT, any pain he can inflict on Cane during the journey will be enjoyed, nonetheless.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, boes said:

Wouldn't it be a bit of poetic justice if the man who worked his way into Chancellor by pretending to be Philip Chancellor's son got ousted by a guy who really is Philip Chancellor's son.......

But I still want Jack to be John's son - BUT, any pain he can inflict on Cane during the journey will be enjoyed, nonetheless.

But Cane's just an employee, he doesn't own Chancellor Industries, Jill does. What is Jack fighting for?  If all Jack wants is to be CEO Jill could simply appoint him CEO. He has more experience than Cane, and Jill would have a soft spot for Phillip Chancellor heirs given she's has one herself.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, LongtimeYRfan said:

But Cane's just an employee, he doesn't own Chancellor Industries, Jill does. What is Jack fighting for?  If all Jack wants is to be CEO Jill could simply appoint him CEO. He has more experience than Cane, and Jill would have a soft spot for Phillip Chancellor heirs given she's has one herself.

We'll see if this pans out and even if it does, what, if anything, Jack may want from it.

With Mal, we know that logic, history, character development are all easily disposed of if he has a bug up his ........ artistic ass.

We shall see......

Edited by boes
  • Love 11
13 hours ago, boes said:

We'll see if this pans out and even if it does, what, if anything, Jack may want from it.

With Mal, we know that logic, history, character development are all easily disposed of if he has a bug up his ........ artistic ass.

We shall see......

"artistic ass" lol

• Love 4

You have a Kanye West cover band, don’t you, peaches? It’s okay. You’re among friends here.

Maybe this should be filed under the Unpopular Opinions thread, but I have no interest in Jack being a Chancellor. The only Chancellor I ever cared about or was entertained by was Katherine. And he’d be stuck with fake brother Cane, Jill’s not-son who pretended to be her son and still inexplicably gets treated like her son. Ugh. I don’t see a lot of interesting story to be mined here.

• Love 11
(edited)
6 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

You have a Kanye West cover band, don’t you, peaches? It’s okay. You’re among friends here.

Maybe this should be filed under the Unpopular Opinions thread, but I have no interest in Jack being a Chancellor. The only Chancellor I ever cared about or was entertained by was Katherine. And he’d be stuck with fake brother Cane, Jill’s not-son who pretended to be her son and still inexplicably gets treated like her son. Ugh. I don’t see a lot of interesting story to be mined here.

Agreed.

Jack goes from being one rich dead guy’s kid to another’s? Who cares? And Chancellor isn’t a factor in GC these days. Cane the nobody runs it at Jill’s largesse.

so lame. 

JW and PB might get a funny scene out of it. Otherwise it’ll be like all of Mal’s stuff: pointless, illogical — impossible in fact — and with no stakes.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

1 hour ago, miamama said:

Agreed.

Jack goes from being one rich dead guy’s kid to another’s? Who cares? And Chancellor isn’t a factor in GC these days. Cane the nobody runs it at Jill’s largesse.

so lame. 

JW and PB might get a funny scene out of it. Otherwise it’ll be like all of Mal’s stuff: pointless, illogical — impossible in fact — and with no stakes.

Yep, Jack's an Abbott, that's where the history is, that's where his heart is.  

If he's not, then Mal is taking us on this unmagical paternity tour so he can dazzle us with his amazing insights into Jack gaining perspective on "who he really is".   I expect a clown college phase right after he learns to play the harmonica.

And then he'll be Abbott-ized again.

But, if he has to be a Chancellor for a bit, then he HAS to harrass and hurt the cow-tipper, he just has to.

Edited by boes
  • Love 14

LOL  i just read today's cdn eppy and when billy gets back to dummers place, he tells her he had a long day and is going up to his room to do some work and go to sleep..dummer calls "the gang" over and when billy gets up and comes down stairs dummer and the gang are playing poker.  he watches for a while and then billy pulls out a wad of cash and says deal me in.

• Love 6

I sure hope it was cash that Billy pulled out of his pocket. Oh, and that Billy isn’t going to be the loser in a game of strip poker. We’d all be losers then. 

It’s hilarious in a sad way that Billy doesn’t seem to cotton to the fact that Summer is obviously trying to fuck up his life. 

• Love 13

I am amused Summer wants to fuck with Philly via Billy’s (many) vulnerabilities.

Also did I read that Kyle told her about Philly Jabot elevator sex? It seemed odd a) he knows and b) he would tell her. However, her origin story is in the Jabot elevator. I.e. this was something sacred Phack and Summer shared. Jack delivered her IN THAT VERY ELEVATOR in which Philly regularly fuck. 

Go Summer. IDGAF if Philly reunite after this angst (Mal won’t give them up so no doubt all this only makes them stronger). Watching Summer tell them how gross they are will be sweet (so if it happens keep me posted, guys. I’ll tune in for that scene).

And Phyllis acting like she’s Jack’s BFF. Bitch please.

Make her life hell, Summer. Maybe she can be blowing Billy in his office and Phyllis, and lots of other employees, watch through that awesome big window. 

Lmao. 

Then Summer can say “for Jack” and flip them both off.

I know ALL THAT won’t happen. But a teeny bit maybe???

• Love 15

4 hours ago, miamama said:

I am amused Summer wants to fuck with Philly via Billy’s (many) vulnerabilities.

Also did I read that Kyle told her about Philly Jabot elevator sex? It seemed odd a) he knows and b) he would tell her. However, her origin story is in the Jabot elevator. I.e. this was something sacred Phack and Summer shared. Jack delivered her IN THAT VERY ELEVATOR in which Philly regularly fuck. 

Go Summer. IDGAF if Philly reunite after this angst (Mal won’t give them up so no doubt all this only makes them stronger). Watching Summer tell them how gross they are will be sweet (so if it happens keep me posted, guys. I’ll tune in for that scene).

Make her life hell, Summer. Maybe she can be blowing Billy in his office and Phyllis, and lots of other employees, watch through that awesome big window. 

Lmao. 

I agree with all of the above.  Minor detail, though.  Dummer was delivered in the Newman elevator.  Doesn't negate your excellent points, however.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, miamama said:

Lmao. 

I know ALL THAT won’t happen. But a teeny bit maybe???

I just spit up my Raisin Bran reading this. LOLOL.

• Love 5

I sure did like it when Neil reminded Cane that he was accusing Jack of going to mess with DNA tests, just like he actually did!  Hah!!

Cane said to Neil he has no problem with Jack talking to Phillip's kids.  Isn't there just one kid, Phillip III?

Cane and Lily did it on her desk at HWG.  Seriously?

Summer with very little effort whatsoever seduced Billy into a poker game with her crew in her living room.  That whole poker scene was quite hilarious.  Unintentionally so.

Abby found a bra under an ugly orange cushion on Arturo's sofa, so she maturely left without telling him/asking him about it.

• Love 11

I have tuned in the past day or two...tuned out again when I saw Cane condescending to Jack.  And why does Jack always overplay his hand?  Why is he telling Cane about the DNA?  Jack makes that mistake with Victor, too.  Why, in the name of all that's holy, does every writing regime on this show follow the same playbook with Jack/Victor.  It is old and tired.  I finally saw Summer yesterday (for the first time since she left)...great figure, horrible character, awful storyline, mediocre actress.  

I am all for this soap trying to bring forward a younger set on the show; but why do the stories have to be so predictable.  Although I await Phyllis and Billy blowing up spectacularly; hope the writers follow-through.  Wait, that's crazy talk.

You know we are at the end-days with this soap when Nicholas is the most rootable character going.  I have always liked Josh Morrow (don't throw things) and think he can do ok when he can more-or-less play the nice guy; he is not good when he has to be the bad guy.  I like that he is finished (for now) with Victor and might stage a coup.  Maybe he is the savior we have been waiting for - making Victor truly pay for his actions.  

I have been waiting for Victor to finally take a backseat on this show...waiting for him to be put out to pasture and just appear for birthdays and celebrations.  My biggest fear is that he will be replaced with Billy and/or Phyllis.  Someone needs to find a way to bring the Adam character back...he needs to be the foil for Victor...he needs to be the future.  We could have an Adam/Nick ongoing rivalry with Jack in the middle of it.  And bring some of the women front and center for something other than sexy times or bitchiness.  And please, do something with the Winters family. Kill off Cane, make Neil do something other than pontificate and get them interacting with someone other than each other.   

I haven't been watching but...is Tessa still on?  

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Gloriole33 said:

I agree with all of the above.  Minor detail, though.  Dummer was delivered in the Newman elevator.  Doesn't negate your excellent points, however.

Ah thanks! So it was Newman. I kind of wondered if it was when I posted. 

Show used to regularly flashback to that birth scene (when MS played P) and Summer would hear about “the elevator” every birthday. But Mal made elevators Philly’s thing...

...one of a million tiny (and giant) insults to Jack and his (20-year) history with Phyllis.

• Love 8

Apparently Young can’t write anything interesting for established couples. He just throws shippers a few bones, well, bonings in the workplace, something you’d think would be wholly inappropriate in these times. It’s okay for couples to have sex in a bed, Mal. Or, you know, any kind of place where co-workers might not accidentally walk in and get an eyeful of pasty cow-tipper humping his wife. It’s possible that’s sexual harassment.

2 hours ago, Kemper said:

liked Josh Morrow (don't throw things) and think he can do ok when he can more-or-less play the nice guy; he is not good when he has to be the bad guy.  I like that he is finished (for now) with Victor and might stage a coup.  Maybe he is the savior we have been waiting for - making Victor truly pay for his actions. 

I hate Nick with the fiery intensity of all the suns in the universe. If anyone gets to finally destroy Victor, by rights it should be Jack. Yet... I’ve reached the point where I’m sick of seeing abusive, child-stealing tyrants on my TV screen. So if Nick were to carelessly toss a banana peel in his father’s path that causes Victor to slip into a pool of hungry piranhas, I’ll throw that thick headed baboon a parade. Buttbiscuit can inhale Victor for all I care. 

• Love 16

so shick are having a party to annouce/celebrate their engagement..

at the end of the party turd shows up and tells nick he has just assured turd gets custody of the boy.

too bad he can't just stroke out for good.

• Love 9

Watching the two geniuses, Vicki and Ashley, flipping through paper after paper for 1/2 second per page trying to figure out who would send 200 boxes to Vicki’s office actually made me laugh out loud. Who the hell writes this stuff??!!

• Love 8