Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

I lost my whole fucking recap. Grrrr.

Faith is in a play and she's freaking out because her costume is a disaster, but luckily Sharon and Nick are there to save the day! Then Faith is freaking out because she's worried she'll forget her lines, but it's okay because Grandpire is there! I thought he would tell her to picture everyone in their underwear, but he just tells her to pick one person in the audience and stare at them the entire time. That's not creepy at all. Faith does great and gets flowers from everyone, including Dylan who got there late. However, Nick and Sharon and Dylan start fighting over the holiday custody arrangement concerning Faith and Faith yells STOP! and the proceeds to throw down all her flowers and says she wants a divorce! Everyone looks on in shock while I giggle with glee. Go, Faith!

Dylan is avoiding Nikki because he thinks she loves Nick more than him. He even says as much to Paul who says that is BS and takes Dylan's work away from him and tells him to go Faith's play.

Jill goes to see Jack over the eviction. He keeps insisting it's not personal. She says the eviction is against the law and she will fight him in court. Jill then goes to see Billy and Victoria only to find them breaking beakers and test tubes into the garbage can. She is not impressed and neither is Victor who is standing behind her. Victor offers them Top of the Tower but Jill declines. Victor says since they all know the eviction is personal, maybe Billy should step down and Jack would allow B&S to stay indefinitely. Jill is not amused and Victor leaves.

Ashley is also not happy with Jack breaking the lease since it's illegal but Jack doesn't care. He says he has a whole slew of lawyers to deal with this, and he doesn't trust B&S in their building and wants them gone.  Considering it was his idea in the first place to have them there, he needs to shut up but whatever. Jack says he's done being the nice guy who finishes last.

Previews show Christine saying something about Paul putting Dylan in danger. Nick and Sharon are now fighting at the cottage when Dylan comes down the stairs and says Faith is missing. Victor is at the ranch on the phone with his security team and tells them to find Faith.

• Love 10

I'm sad it appears they're going to kill him off. And right around the holidays, too. Couldn't they just recast? Blah. Holidays are hard enough as it is. Or maybe I'm projecting. Whatever. Stupid storytelling.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, jewel21 said:

I'm sad it appears they're going to kill him off. And right around the holidays, too. Couldn't they just recast? Blah. Holidays are hard enough as it is. Or maybe I'm projecting. Whatever. Stupid storytelling.

Maybe they'll just collect him up with the live trees and put him out in the woods so the little forest creatures can shelter in his boughs and not freeze.

2 hours ago, jewel21 said:

M

• Love 6
20 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Sounds like they're getting ready for SB's exit from the show.

Would be a bit early. He taped his last show a few days ago which means he's got 5 weeks (possibly a bit less with holidays) left before he's gone. I'd be surprised if they kill him off. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Same here. Does Sharon really need this? Or Faith, Noah and Mariah? 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, miamama said:

I'd be surprised if they kill him off. 

Maybe he is going to join the FBI/CIA/SecretService courtesy of Cricket's influence in DC.  That should keep him busy until they can find a suitable recast.

• Love 8

Quick one, on the iPad tonight.

Paul wants to send Dylan undercover for Christine to put some baddie behind bars. Christine is worried that Dylan doesn't have any experience deep undercover. In addition, he's been through a lot and might not be ready. Christine is also worried that Paul isn't worried about his son possibly being killed. Paul insists Dylan is a professional and can do the assignment. So it appears this is how we'll say bye to Dylan. 

Lauren walks in and interrupts Christine and Paul's fight. They insist all is fine and they're just waiting on Michael before going to dinner. Christine leaves to take a phone call and Lauren and Paul reminisce about Mary and her crappy cooking. Upon prodding from Paul, Lauren vaguely mentions that Fenmore's is in trouble. Christine, seeing Paul and Lauren looking cozy, interrupts. Lauren gets a phone call from her mid-western regional manager and goes to meet him, insisting she will be done in time for their dinner reservations.

Michael is meeting with Jill at the GCAC over the eviction notice. Michael says Jill definitely has a case but tries to convince her not to go to court with Jack since he can make their stay a living nightmare. Jill doesn't want to get rid of the state-of-the-art R&D lab she currently has access to. Michael finally manages to get away from Jill and shows up at the GCPD to meet Chris and Paul. 

Lauren is freaking out after meeting with the regional manager and taking a call from one of her people. Sales are down 17% in most of their stores across the country and they are overstocked. 

Lauren ran into Jill earlier and Jill pressed her about Fenmore's. Jill knows the company is in trouble but Lauren was too upset and angry with Jill to tell her the whole truth and stormed off, much to Jill's surprise. 

Paul, Christine, Michael and Lauren finally meet for dinner while Jill looks on. 

Dylan is pressing Sharon to ask for full custody of Faith. Hell if I know why. Faith runs away, everyone goes looking for her, and Victor finds her in the stables hiding under a blanket. Faith is upset and crying. Victor keeps calling her "my baby" and I try so hard not to hurl. Victor calls the ranch to let everyone know Faith is okay. 

Previews show Gloria jumping out of a box and Victor is sitting with Faith, Nick and Sharon. Victor says Faith has decided who she wants to stay with while her parents look on. 

• Love 10

I forgot that Paul and Lauren were together until that It's A Wonderful Life special that Michael got some years ago. Lauren was fairly insecure of his and Saint Cricket's relationship (in this alternative universe, he and Chris both got killed by Isabella). Nice touch there. I've missed seeing that bit player Subtlety on Show. ;)

• Love 5
1 hour ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Thanks jewel. Bet she wants to live with Prick. 

If she does I hope she goes all Rhoda from The Bad Seed and feeds him to her pony while Drinki looks on, unable to get to him because her leather pants froze up in the Wisconsin winter.

• Love 10
On 12/18/2016 at 1:30 PM, MollyB said:

Maybe he is going to join the FBI/CIA/SecretService courtesy of Cricket's influence in DC.  That should keep him busy until they can find a suitable recast.

I just want to see the end of the actor and the role. SB, to me, brought nothing to the canvas...and, Sharon needs yet another husband? In what universe?

Just hoping against hope that maybe Faith will decide Gloria looks like a good bet... Ah, Christmas wishes...

• Love 4
15 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Paul insists Dylan is a professional and can do the assignment.

How long has he been a "professional" cop.  Maybe a year?  And with no fuckin training whatsoever.  Yeah, Paulie, he's ready.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, pearlite said:

I just want to see the end of the actor and the role. SB, to me, brought nothing to the canvas...and, Sharon needs yet another husband? In what universe?

Just hoping against hope that maybe Faith will decide Gloria looks like a good bet... Ah, Christmas wishes...

At least Dylan was a guy that stuck with her and was more positive for Sharon in two years than Nick has been in two decades. He's also not Victor.....after that, there was no where to go but up.

• Love 9
43 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

At least Dylan was a guy that stuck with her and was more positive for Sharon in two years than Nick has been in two decades. He's also not Victor.....after that, there was no where to go but up.

Yeah, but he needs to shut up about Faith. Full custody? In what warped universe is a court going to take Faith away from her father, the injured party in this little domestic drama. Even if Sharon hadn't pulled the baby switcheroo, there's no way she would get full custody.

• Love 6

Yeah, I have no idea why they're going with making Dylan like this, either. He's a lot of things, but petty was never one of them. Leave the Faith As A Weapon schtick to BananaBiscuit, Show.

Better yet, stop using Faith as a weapon at all.

• Love 8

As I type this, Nick is whinging about Sharon trying to manipulate Faith. The irony is ridiculous, although not as much as Nikki and Victor talking to BananaBiscuit like the manchild  he is.

If Faith wants nothing to do with either of them,  it serves them both right.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, PatsyandEddie said:

ETA: And I called it. Faith wants to live at the main house with Nictor. ?

Really? How is Faith living with her grandparents any better? They both hate Sharon and act openly hostile towards her in front of Faith, especially Nikki. IMO, the main house is not exactly a "safe space" for Faith. 

• Love 11

I really enjoyed seeing Gloria/JC again.  Once I found my welding visor and made some scalloped potatoes to go with the ham.

And Kate Linder as a scene partner... what a triumph!  Sorry, Gloria is a trigger for me. 

Edited by Big Blue Plate
heading over to Unpopular Opinions....
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ezzylin said:

Really? How is Faith living with her grandparents any better? They both hate Sharon and act openly hostile towards her in front of Faith, especially Nikki. IMO, the main house is not exactly a "safe space" for Faith. 

Besides Nick's face getting cracked when he realizes Faith sees him and Sharon as two sides of the same coin?

I'll be pissed if CBS cancels this show before she gets SORASED. ???

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

I'll be pissed if CBS cancels this show before she gets SORASED. ???

Can you imagine Faith's issues manifesting?  She'll rule that show.  Some combination of Katherine Chancellor in the stable boy days, Lauren as recording artist and Patti Williams, SPCA volunteer decidedly on a mission. 

Good times.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Big Blue Plate said:

Can you imagine Faith's issues manifesting?  She'll rule that show.  Some combination of Katherine Chancellor in the stable boy days, Lauren as recording artist and Patti Williams, SPCA volunteer decidedly on a mission. 

Good times.

I'm thinking SSM and Alden are setting up for this inevitability. I was disappointed with Summer, who was every bit a spoiled heinous brat and skated on killing Chelz and Adam's baby and for helping Fen bully that one kid to the brink of suicide...and none of that was address.

• Love 8

Dear Noah,

I've always loved you. Marry me.

Jewel

*Ahem*

So, Lauren and Michael are at the condo where a giant gift with a 'fragile' sign on it is under the tree. Michael goes to open it with scissors when out pops Gloria! Michael and Lauren's faces are priceless. Kevin, Chloe and Bella show up and Kevin asks what is up with Michael's face when out comes Gloria. Now everyone's faces are priceless, heh. Gloria says Bella looks just like Kevin and they are quick to inform her that Bella is in fact not Kevin's child. Gloria is not happy Chloe is sinking her claws into her Kevin, and Gloria tells Kevin that she will free him from Chloe and Bella's clutches. Kevin is not amused and tells Gloria to back off. Gloria even goes so far as to call Chloe crazy and asks if Chloe was already when town when Adam died. Ester shows up and hears Gloria make disparaging remark after disparaging remark to Chloe. Ester says she doesn't like Gloria's tone and asks her to explain herself. Gloria asks Ester if she has an hour or two so she can explain it slowly to her, heh. Michael pours a whole bottle of vodka into the punch, hee.

Speaking of Ester, she told Chloe and Kevin earlier that she is going to go back to working and living at the Chancellor mansion. Jill asked her back (in a cryptic note) and since Colin is staying in Chicago Ester won't have to deal with him. They're all surprised that Ester wants to go back to being the maid, but Ester says that she misses the house and Catherine.

Noah and Nick are at the Underground and Noah stands up for Faith and reminds Nick that his whole childhood was spent being a pawn in Sharon's and Nick's game. Nick wants to grab Faith and bring her back to his house since she ran away from Sharon the night before. Noah reminds Nick that Faith didn't exactly go running to him. Nick's face is awesome, heh. Noah says he too wanted to divorce his parents and he feels for Faith.

Sharon and Dylan are at the cottage and Sharon regrets pushing Nick and worries she will lose Faith on top of losing Sully.

Faith is at the stables and talks to Victor. She asks why she can't decide where she wants to live. One of her friend's parents are divorced and she got to tell the judge where she wanted to live. Faith feels she should have a say in her own life.

Nick, Sharon, Dylan and Noah show up at the ranch. Noah is there to support Faith and to try and convince Sharon and Nick to listen to her. At first Sharon and Nick show Faith a new holiday schedule but Faith isn't happy. She's still going back and forth between houses and she's sick of it. She tells Nick and Sharon that she wants to live with grandma and grandpa. Nick's face is awesome. He looks like someone smacked him with a trout, haha. Sharon is upset and Nick asks Faith if she was perhaps persuaded to ask to live at the ranch. Victor is insulted and Faith says she didn't even ask her grandparents if she could live there, this was purely her decision. Victor and Nikki say the would love to have her and Sharon and Nick reluctantly agree. They leave to go bring Faith her things to the main house.

And that's all I remember.

• Love 15

She tells Nick and Sharon that she wants to live with grandma and grandpa.

Okay, who called it? You win all the internets for today. Oh, and cool recap jewel, concise and to the point. You are truly doing god's work, is it getting better with the new regime?

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 8
44 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

She tells Nick and Sharon that she wants to live with grandma and grandpa.

Okay, who called it? You win all the internets for today. Oh, and cool recap jewel, concise and to the point. You are truly doing god's work, is it getting better with the new regime?

Or, as they're referred to at the Genoa City S/M swap meet, Dominatrix and DeathEater.

But can she make an apple pie??

• Love 7
10 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

ITA about the jewelcap! The Baldwin scenes were terrific thanks to Gloria. I know she's a ham but that is part of her charm for me. Ester was right to want to defend her daughter but it isn't deserved. 

I called it about Faith. I figured that was the dumbest solution so that's how it would go. Faith would be better off living in the stable with her pony than her grandparents. I hope she overhears them talking about some of the things her grandfather has done to her mother. JMHO, but she is only 9 so why is she being given so much power? Oh yeah, plot point. : face palm and eyeroll 

• Love 14

I get that there is a desperate need to make Victor human again but shoving that cloying child at us constantly to soften Victor is not working. If he had one scene, just one, where he admits he was disgusting scum to Sharon and to Jack that would go so much farther than all this cuddling and shit. Maybe he could say it to Nikki? Like really feel he went too far and messed with a mentally ill woman and unleashed the horror of Marco on the Abbotts but he was lost or feeling powerless or something. He need not ever express this to anyone else ever. Just do it for the audience. 

And then hit refresh for Victor.

But they won't. They've decided to just ignore the worst of how Victor's been written. He is doing nothing lately but being sweet with his grandkids and feeling badly about Adam. So that's his redemption story. sigh.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Could Faith be any more spoiled?  What a little brat and they are all guilty of creating her!!  

Well, she hasn't gotten rewarded with a new car after causing her aunt to miscarry, so there's still some space to lower the bar. ;)

3 hours ago, miamama said:

I get that there is a desperate need to make Victor human again but shoving that cloying child at us constantly to soften Victor is not working. If he had one scene, just one, where he admits he was disgusting scum to Sharon and to Jack that would go so much farther than all this cuddling and shit. Maybe he could say it to Nikki? Like really feel he went too far and messed with a mentally ill woman and unleashed the horror of Marco on the Abbotts but he was lost or feeling powerless or something. He need not ever express this to anyone else ever. Just do it for the audience. 

But they won't. They've decided to just ignore the worst of how Victor's been written. He is doing nothing lately but being sweet with his grandkids and feeling badly about Adam. So that's his redemption story. sigh.

I completely agree. The cloying crap wore thin with MM!Adam and his rap sheet wasn't long enough to stretch the equator of Jupiter.

But no one gets real redemption anymore.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, jewel21 said:

but Faith isn't happy. She's still going back and forth between houses and she's sick of it.

oh, boo hoo, you little twerp.  You can walk to ma and pa's and the cryptkeeper's, too, in a matter of minutes.  You can leave anytime to go to another house where your infantile demands will be met asap.  If you're too lazy to walk, saddle up the pony or climb on a snowmobile or have the security people drive/carry you to the home of your choice.  Just shutthefckup.  And didn't Victurd do this stunt with Jack's kid Kyle?  And maybe Noah?  Summer?  Victurd's face should be on the Child Endangerment bulletins.

• Love 13
18 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Thanks, everyone.

Peaches - It honestly depends who the story is revolving around. If it's Nick, Sharon, Faith, Nikki, Mariah or Kevin I'm invested. If it's Not!Billy or Jill or Jack or Ashley, I'm not as into it. It helps now though that all my shows are on winter hiatus since this is all I have to watch at night. But when I have a ton of shows to watch on a given night, I'll sometimes push this show to the next day.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, miamama said:

SSM could write this scene, but I highly doubt that EB would play it.

Like it or not, EB is allowed have input WRT his storylines and he admitted that he was the one who wanted the Shictor pairing. He was delusional enough to think that the audience would accept Sharon and Victor as a couple and when they didn't, he got pissed off and blamed SC. 

Here is what he said about it in an interview with Michael Fairman's "On-Air On-Soaps":

What are your thoughts on how this recent storyline played out with all the women in Victor’s life?  In particular; Sharon (Sharon Case) and Nikki (Melody Thomas Scott) battling over Victor?  Several years ago, you had told me you would be interested in seeing a Victor/Sharon pairing.   But it hasn’t worked out or caught fire through the writing, or with the fans watching on-screen!

ERIC:  It didn’t work out the way it should’ve work out.  But it’s one of those things. You saw the b**s that went down on Twitter.  It was unforgiveable.  Enough said. You don’t do that to fellow colleagues.

Edited by ezzylin
To add to post.
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, ezzylin said:

SSM could write this scene, but I highly doubt that EB would play it. 

That, too. His ego is too damn big these days. 

Those five weeks he was gone from the show in 2009 were the best five weeks since before Bell stepped down.

• Love 11

Ok Faith living with her grandparents is pretty awful her grandfather has committed more crimes than anyone else in GC and her Grandmother is responsible for how many deaths I believe the count is up to 4.  But did anyone see the smug look on Nick's face when Faith said she didn't want to live with her mother.  You know that smug I won Newman look.  Well Faith staying with her grandparents was worth seeing Faith knock that smug look right off Nick's face when she stated she didn't want to live with him either. It made my day so sick of Nick,

• Love 15